IndiaDivine.org

Sri Ram’s Horoscope and the Preservation of Astrological Knowledge

Rate this topic

Guest guest

what happens soon? chandra_hari18 <chandra_hari18 wrote: Dear friend, Prof. Kak is a good friend of mine. With due respect to him, I would like to tell you that the school of thought that denies Aryan invasion is gravely wrong in imagining indigenous Aryans and the Vedic cult. It is being repeatedly told that Aryan, Dravidian etc are terms invented by William Jones and other missionaries. This is not true and people parrot such views because they

are not familiar with the Sanghakala literature in Tamil. , "robertwilkinson" <robtw wrote:>> I believe you have your facts wrong on this account Chandra-ji. > The widely respected scholar, Subhash Kak writes in his article - > Babylonian and Indian Astronomy: Early Connections:> "… the key ideas found in the Babylonian astronomy of 700 BC are > already present in the Vedic texts, which even by the most > conservative reckoning are older than that period. I shall also show > that the solar zodiac (ra´sis) was used in Vedic India and I shall > present a plausible derivation of the symbols of the solar zodiac from > the deities of the segments. In view of the attested presence of the > Indic people in the Mesopotamian region prior to 700 BC, it is likely > that if at all

the two astronomies influenced each other, the > dependence is of the Babylonian on the Indian." Subhash Kak - > February, 2003> The points of Kak's thesis are amply proven in his scholarly article > moreover, they are entirely consistent with the Indo-Centric Cosmology > that Ms. Norelli-Bachelet has carefully articulated in her numerous > books and essays. I think perhaps your error is derived from a > fragmented understanding of the Vedic worldview. > > Ms. Norelli-Bachelet has published numerous examples of how Esoteric > Astology runs entirely through the Veda but none so compelling as > appear in the verses to Vishnu Trivikrama (RigVeda 1.154) who measures > out the universe in his famous 'Three Strides'. In his Secret of the > Veda, Sri Aurobindo translates these verses in a chapter entitled > Vishnu - the All Pervading Godhead. It is reasonable to believe, given

> his work and mission, that he would have taken special care with these > verses. It has also come to light through hitherto unpublished > documents that Sri Aurobindo had a profound interest and faith in > astrology. When he translated Vishnu's three steps as a Lion, a Bull > and the Friend of man, there can be no question that would have > understood their esoteric astrological significance. > "Vishnu's famous three strides (to measure the universe) cannot be > more revealing. The first `step' is like a lion (Leo), according to > the Veda; the second is a bull (Taurus); the third, and most > revealing of all, is the Friend. This is the same Aquarius of > Agastya's birth, which is also known as the sign of the Friend. More > conclusively, they are given in their correct backward moving order, > and are Vishnu's own zodiacal domains because of their quality of > PRESERVATION

(`Fixed' in zodiacal terminology, stable, balancing)… If > the Eagle, the fourth sign, was left out of Vishnu's measuring it is > because this Eagle is Garuda, his own carrier. He begins his measuring > from that point in the wheel, also known as Scorpio, and takes `three > steps'. Scorpio, otherwise known as the zodiacal Eagle, would be the > fourth in correct sequence, similar to [the imagery in the biblical > Revelation] John's text." Patrizia Norelli-Bachelet> Additionally the signs are given in this backwards moving order > provide incontrovertible evidence that Vedic astronomers were > intimately familiar with the slow continuous westward movement of the > equinoxes around the ecliptic known as the 'Precession of the > Equinoxes', a phenomenon which determines the 'Cosmological Age'. The > Precession is hinted at in the Rig Veda in this hymn to Surya:> 'Your two wheels, Surya,

the Brahmins know in their measured rounds. > But the one wheel that is hidden, only the inspired know that.' (Rig > Veda 10.85-16)> If you believe that the Greek's knowledge of astrology predated the > Indian, please explain to us why the phenomena of Precession, > described by the Greek astronomer Hipparchus, only appeared much later > - in the 2nd century BC, long after it was mentioned in the Rig Veda. > > > , > "chandra_hari18" chandra_hari18@ wrote:> >> > > > Discussion on Rama's horoscope is just another expression of > imagination> > leading people astray. Zodiac known since the historical times of> > Seleucid Era (300BC) is only sidereal and fixed. Tropical notion > i.e. V.> > Equinox as 0 was introduced by Hipparchus in 2nd century BC. Greek >

and> > Babylonian horoscopes based on the sidereal fixed zodiac predates> > Hipparchus.> > > > Rama's horoscope may be a Jugglery just as the case with a similar> > horoscope of Sankaracharya which got concocted in 9th century. > Psychics> > in the West is making many imaginative theories as we see in the > reply> > below of some so called Western Occultist.> > > > chandra hari> > > > > > , "robertwilkinson"> > <robtw@> wrote:> > >> > > <This posting is for Lori Tompkins, a member of this forum>> > >> > > Sri Ram's Horoscope and the Preservation of Astrological Knowledge> >>

Be a better pen pal. Text or chat with friends inside Mail. See how.

Friends:All of us can agree that Prof Kak is a scholar but that does not mean what ever he says is correct. I am not a scholar in this field by any stretch of imagination but deeply interested in this area.If you all would allow me, I would like to add few of my comments here: Based on what we know, we understand that the following may be close to truth: According to one theory, human beings originated from some place in Central Africa 50,000 years ago. Some 40,000 years ago, a group of people left this place and started to migrate east. One researcher has made DNA analysis and traced the genealogy using the y-chromosomes as marker. He has gone out to Dindigul , TN and located a person now with the marker indicating this group of people had come here and traced it all the way to the Australian Aborigines. We can assume that this group are the forefathers of

Dravidians as we know it. These people may have later on established the Indus Valley civilization, 5,000-10,000 years ago.Another group of people left Africa some 30,000 years ago and proceeded northeast and ended up in Central Asia now known as Kazakhstan (again confirmed by a DNA marker). From there, some branched off to Europe and were the forefathers of current day Europeans; some went North east to Siberia and from there to the Americas who later came to be known as Native Americans. While, some went south and these probably were the Aryans who came to India. When I was in high school, my Social Studies teacher used to compare Homer’s Iliad with Valmiki’s Ramayana and note the similarities in both the epics. This he used to conclude as one of the reason which indicates that Aryans might have lived in Asia as one group with the

forefathers of Greeks and had a common religion and beliefs. Dr. S. Radhakrishnan has also said that Platonism, which believes in reincarnation, is the foremost of western religious concept that came close to Hinduism’s basic tenets. The beliefs took different shapes and forms as they migrated to different parts of the world. It kind of gives validity to the theory that the flourishing Indus Valley civilization came to an abrupt end some 3500 years ago due to the invasion of the Aryans. They had the military superiority because they rode the horses compared to Indus Valleyites on their slow moving “Unicorns”. They were vanquished but their civilization did not vanish; Indus Valleyites should have developed a written language which many are still trying to decipher. Dr.Parpola and Mr. Mahadevan are leading contenders on this one. Let us hope that they do it in our lifetime.If anyone has

any more information on the decipherment of Indus script, please pass it on.Thanks for reading my take!anantha krishnanchandra_hari18 <chandra_hari18 wrote: Dear friend, Prof. Kak is a good friend of mine. With due respect to him, I would like to tell you that the school of thought that denies Aryan invasion is gravely wrong in imagining indigenous Aryans and the Vedic cult. It is being repeatedly told that Aryan, Dravidian etc are terms invented by William

Jones and other missionaries. This is not true and people parrot such views because they are not familiar with the Sanghakala literature in Tamil. , "robertwilkinson" <robtw wrote:>> I believe you have your facts wrong on this account Chandra-ji. > The widely respected scholar, Subhash Kak writes in his article - > Babylonian and Indian Astronomy: Early Connections:> "… the key ideas found in the Babylonian astronomy of 700 BC are > already present in the Vedic texts, which even by the most > conservative reckoning are older than that period. I shall also show > that the solar zodiac (ra´sis) was used in Vedic India and I shall > present a plausible derivation of the symbols of the solar zodiac from > the deities of the segments. In view of the attested presence of the >

Indic people in the Mesopotamian region prior to 700 BC, it is likely > that if at all the two astronomies influenced each other, the > dependence is of the Babylonian on the Indian." Subhash Kak - > February, 2003> The points of Kak's thesis are amply proven in his scholarly article > moreover, they are entirely consistent with the Indo-Centric Cosmology > that Ms. Norelli-Bachelet has carefully articulated in her numerous > books and essays. I think perhaps your error is derived from a > fragmented understanding of the Vedic worldview. > > Ms. Norelli-Bachelet has published numerous examples of how Esoteric > Astology runs entirely through the Veda but none so compelling as > appear in the verses to Vishnu Trivikrama (RigVeda 1.154) who measures > out the universe in his famous 'Three Strides'. In his Secret of the > Veda, Sri Aurobindo translates these verses in a chapter

entitled > Vishnu - the All Pervading Godhead. It is reasonable to believe, given > his work and mission, that he would have taken special care with these > verses. It has also come to light through hitherto unpublished > documents that Sri Aurobindo had a profound interest and faith in > astrology. When he translated Vishnu's three steps as a Lion, a Bull > and the Friend of man, there can be no question that would have > understood their esoteric astrological significance. > "Vishnu's famous three strides (to measure the universe) cannot be > more revealing. The first `step' is like a lion (Leo), according to > the Veda; the second is a bull (Taurus); the third, and most > revealing of all, is the Friend. This is the same Aquarius of > Agastya's birth, which is also known as the sign of the Friend. More > conclusively, they are given in their correct backward moving order, >

and are Vishnu's own zodiacal domains because of their quality of > PRESERVATION (`Fixed' in zodiacal terminology, stable, balancing)… If > the Eagle, the fourth sign, was left out of Vishnu's measuring it is > because this Eagle is Garuda, his own carrier. He begins his measuring > from that point in the wheel, also known as Scorpio, and takes `three > steps'. Scorpio, otherwise known as the zodiacal Eagle, would be the > fourth in correct sequence, similar to [the imagery in the biblical > Revelation] John's text." Patrizia Norelli-Bachelet> Additionally the signs are given in this backwards moving order > provide incontrovertible evidence that Vedic astronomers were > intimately familiar with the slow continuous westward movement of the > equinoxes around the ecliptic known as the 'Precession of the > Equinoxes', a phenomenon which determines the 'Cosmological Age'. The >

Precession is hinted at in the Rig Veda in this hymn to Surya:> 'Your two wheels, Surya, the Brahmins know in their measured rounds. > But the one wheel that is hidden, only the inspired know that.' (Rig > Veda 10.85-16)> If you believe that the Greek's knowledge of astrology predated the > Indian, please explain to us why the phenomena of Precession, > described by the Greek astronomer Hipparchus, only appeared much later > - in the 2nd century BC, long after it was mentioned in the Rig Veda. > > > , > "chandra_hari18" chandra_hari18@ wrote:> >> > > > Discussion on Rama's horoscope is just another expression of > imagination> > leading people astray. Zodiac known since the historical times of> > Seleucid Era (300BC) is only sidereal and fixed. Tropical notion > i.e.

V.> > Equinox as 0 was introduced by Hipparchus in 2nd century BC. Greek > and> > Babylonian horoscopes based on the sidereal fixed zodiac predates> > Hipparchus.> > > > Rama's horoscope may be a Jugglery just as the case with a similar> > horoscope of Sankaracharya which got concocted in 9th century. > Psychics> > in the West is making many imaginative theories as we see in the > reply> > below of some so called Western Occultist.> > > > chandra hari> > > > > > , "robertwilkinson"> > <robtw@> wrote:> > >> > > <This posting is for Lori Tompkins, a member of this forum>> > >> > > Sri Ram's Horoscope and the Preservation of Astrological Knowledge> >>