IndiaDivine.org

some more on MAYA -2

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Group,What date where these texts written and who were the authors? Were these book written by unbiased, totally enlightened beings? If they were not written by the enlightened ones or the events did not appear before my eyes then I personally think they are hearsay and suspect. What do these things have to do with the science of astrology or astronomy. This sounds like Christian fundamentalism to me. The Bible was written by scribes who were funded by different rulers of their time. Who are we to believe? History is written by the ruling class or destroyed by the change of rulers. This history that people fight for endlessly is poisoning our future. How can we Love and support each other on the journey through life? This seems to be of utmost importance. How can we shed light on the path for all to see the truth that will set us free from suffering is important. How can we give comfort and ease to those who suffer should be most important. History should help us see the mistakes we have made in the past as well inform us of the righteous actions that have lead us closer to the source of light, love and truth. Has any of this thread lead us closer to these things? It has been interesting to me though to learn more about the history of Indian culture and religious texts. Thank you all for the chance to learn more about these things. Peace to all. NickieOn Oct 18, 2007, at 11:47 AM, prabhat_shcil wrote:dear renu ji ,please find some more quote from different respected text about BUDHA and his MAYA .In some of the Puranas, he is described as having taken birth to "mislead the demons":mohanÄrthaṃ dÄnavÄnÄṃ bÄlarÅ«pÄ« pathi-sthitaḥ | putraṃ taṃ kalpayÄm Äsa mÅ«á¸ha-buddhir jinaḥ svayam || tataḥ saṃmohayÄm Äsa jinÄdyÄn asurÄṃśakÄn | bhagavÄn vÄgbhir ugrÄbhir ahiṃsÄ-vÄcibhir hariḥ || - attributed to Brahmanda PuranaTranslation: In order to delude the demons, he (Lord Buddha) was present in the form of a child on the way while the foolish Jina (a demon), imagined him to be his son. Later on, Lord Sri Hari (as avatara-buddha) expertly deluded Jina and other demons by his strong words of non-violence.The name of the Buddha appears in a verse that describes the ten avataras[citation needed]:matsya-kÅ«rmo varÄhaÅ› ca ná¹›siṃha-vÄmanas tathÄ | rÄmo rÄmaÅ› ca rÄmaÅ› ca buddha-kalkiÅ› ca te daÅ›Äḥ || In the Srimad Bhagavatam Buddha is said to have taken birth to restore the devas to power:tataḥ kalau sampravá¹›tte sammohÄya sura-dviá¹£Äm | buddho nÄmnÄñjana-sutaḥ kÄ«kateá¹£u bhaviá¹£yati || - (srimad-bhagavatam 1.3.24)Translation: Then, in the beginning of Kali-yuga [he] will become the Buddha by name, the son of Anjana, in Bihar, for the purpose of confusing those who were enemies of the devas In many Puranas, the Buddha is described as an incarnation of Vishnu who incarnated in order to delude either demons or mankind away from the Vedic dharma. The Bhavishya Purana contains the following:At this time, reminded of the Kali Age, the god Vishnu became born as Gautama, the Shakyamuni, and taught the Buddhist dharma for ten years. Then Shuddodana ruled for twenty years, and Shakyasimha for twenty. At the first stage of the Kali Age, the path of the Vedas was destroyed and all men became Buddhists. Those who sought refuge with Vishnu were deluded prabhat mishraDubai- UAEMob No 00971508876536-prabhat shcil <prabhat_shcil (AT) indiatimes (DOT) com>ancient indian astrology Fri, 19 Oct 2007 00:06:45 +0530 (IST)Re: Re: SOMEBODY HAS TO SAY SORRY - I THINK HE IS SRINADHDear Renu ji ,Let me quote from PARASHARA- about Various AVTARA of vishnu . First in english than in original sanskrit. Now what will you call this - My point is only one , although BUDHA learning was universaly present are true , relevant , should be followed by all being - But his life purpose was different . He was not only the AVTAR of VISHNU but also the MAHAMAYA . ( and please meaning of MAYA is not just illusion )Ch. 2. Great Incarnations 1. Maitreya: “O Maharishi Parasar, are the incarnations of Vishnu, viz. Sri Ram, Sri Krishn etc., endowed with Jivans? 2. Maharishi Parashar: “O Brahmin, the four incarnations, viz. Ram, Krishn, Narasimh and Varah are wholly with Paramatmans. The other incarnations (than these, out of the ten) have in them Jivans too. 3-4. The unborn Lord has many incarnations. He has incarnated, as the 9 (Nava) Grahas to bestow on the living beings the results due to their Karmas. He is Janardan. He assumed the auspicious form of Grahas to destroy the demons (evil forces) and sustain the divine beings. 5-7. From Surya the incarnation of Ram, from Candr that of Krishn, from Mangal that of Narasimh, from Budh that of Buddha, from Guru that of Vaman, from Sukr that of Parashuram, from Sani that of Kurma (Tortoise), from Rahu that of Varah (Pig) and from Ketu that of Meen (Fish) occurred. All other incarnations than these also are through the Grahas.अथावतारकथनाधà¥à¤¯à¤¾à¤¯à¤ƒà¥¥à¥¨à¥¥à¤¬à¥ƒà¤¹à¤¤à¥à¤ªà¤¾à¤°à¤¾à¤¶à¤°à¤¹à¥‹à¤°à¤¾à¤¶à¤¾à¤¸à¥à¤¤à¥à¤°à¤°à¤¾à¤®à¤•à¥ƒà¤·à¥à¤£à¤¾à¤¦à¤¯à¥‹ ये हà¥à¤¯à¤µà¤¤à¤¾à¤°à¤¾ रमापतेः।तेऽपि जीवांशसंयà¥à¤•à¥à¤¤à¤¾à¤ƒ किंवा बà¥à¤°à¥‚हि मà¥à¤¨à¤¿à¤¶à¥à¤µà¤°à¥¥ १॥रामः कृषà¥à¤£à¤¶à¥à¤š भो विपà¥à¤° नृसिंहः सूकरसà¥à¤¤à¤¥à¤¾à¥¤à¤à¤¤à¥‡ पूरà¥à¤£à¤¾à¤µà¤¤à¤¾à¤°à¤¾à¤¶à¥à¤š हà¥à¤¯à¤¨à¥à¤¯à¥‡ जीवांशकानà¥à¤µà¤¿à¤¤à¤¾à¤ƒà¥¥ २॥अवताराणà¥à¤¯à¤¨à¥‡à¤•à¤¾à¤¨à¤¿ हà¥à¤¯à¤œà¤¸à¥à¤¯ परमातà¥à¤®à¤¨à¤ƒà¥¤à¤œà¥€à¤µà¤¾à¤¨à¤¾à¤‚ करà¥à¤®à¤«à¤²à¤¦à¥‹ गà¥à¤°à¤¹à¤°à¥‚पी जनारà¥à¤¦à¤¨à¤ƒà¥¥ ३॥दैतà¥à¤¯à¤¾à¤¨à¤¾à¤‚ बलनाशाय देवानां बलबृदà¥à¤§à¤¯à¥‡à¥¤à¤§à¤°à¥à¤®à¤¸à¤‚सà¥à¤¤à¤¾à¤ªà¤¨à¤¾à¤°à¥à¤¥à¤¾à¤¯ गà¥à¤°à¤¹à¤¾à¤œà¥à¤œà¤¾à¤¤à¤¾à¤ƒ शà¥à¤­à¤¾à¤ƒ कà¥à¤°à¤®à¤¾à¤¤à¥â€Œà¥¥ ४॥रामोऽवतारः सूरà¥à¤¯à¤¸à¥à¤¯ चनà¥à¤¦à¥à¤°à¤¸à¥à¤¯ यदà¥à¤¨à¤¾à¤¯à¤•à¤ƒà¥¤à¤¨à¥ƒà¤¸à¤¿à¤‚हो भूमिपà¥à¤¤à¥à¤°à¤¸à¥à¤¯ बà¥à¤¦à¥à¤§à¤ƒ सोमसà¥à¤¤à¤¸à¥à¤¯ च॥ ५॥prabhat mishraDubai- UAEMob No 00971508876536-renunw <renunw (AT) (DOT) co.uk>ancient indian astrology Thu, 18 Oct 2007 22:15:37 +0530 (IST) Re: SOMEBODY HAS TO SAY SORRY - I THINK HE IS SRINADHPrabhathI respect your knowledge of history. Gautama Buddha was no MAYA but a normal human being like you and I.Buddhism is not a religion but a philosophy. No one is expected to accept what Buddha preached without verification. He said, "ehi passiko' - come and see. blessingsRenu--- In  , prabhat_shcil wrote:>> dear renu ,> > I am not assuming anything about - sunga period - you want proof i can provide - about the time of pushyamitra . Total sunga dynasty ruled for just 100 yrs - and most of the time they were fighting with Yavans -( read Greeks or INDO Greeks) he assasinated Brhadrata, becuase he was going very soft in terms of administration and YAVAN were at MATHURA - and planning to March towards Pataliputra.> > YAVAN king MENENDRA had become buddhist and most of the buddhist clergy of that time supporting him , now it was a war for national pride , Pushyamitra Not only defeated the MENEDRA - after a long drawn battles - but also chased them acroos the sindhu in to the present afganistan and was able to restore the unity of INDIA and safegaurd us against foreign attack.> > So he was the hero like Chandragupta who unified india in a large empire ,> > Now regarding the GAUTAM the BUDDHA i was like to say only one thing which is i am again 100% sure now as i did cross verification - was the AVTARA of VISHNU - but again timing of VISHNU PURAN is matter of controversy - so forget this . GAUTAM was really a great sage - his teaching was great - but so the teaching by all of our sages and RISHI , MUNIES , Because all this learning / teaching - brotherhood was the etho of INDIAN CULTURE .> > AND THIS CULTURE AND ITS HISTORY GOT DISTORTED MOSTLY AFTER THE INVASION OF ARABS / MUGHALS . EARLIER WHOEVER ATTACKED INDIA THEY WERE NOT ONLY ADOPTED INDIAN CULTURE TO MOST EXTENT BUT ALSO , BECOME PART OF INDIA . MANY TRIBES LIKE SHAKA , KUSHAN , GREEKS , are such example - but later attackers tried to change not only the history but also our values . by that time INDIA had become cultural melting point - so many powerful BRAHMIN and other so called Kuleens - tried to create fortification by making serious interpolation in our texts - inserting JATI PRATHA etc - which only resulted in downfall of INDIAN society.> > EVERY SOCIETY / CULTURE HAS ITS UPs and DOWN - INDIA has seen its golden period - during and before Gupta period - after that there was its down fall - we will again see ITS GLORY.> > Onlything required is to be perceptive and dont follow bliendly what is available as hiostory . written by followers of MAX MULERs> > > prabhat mishra> Dubai- UAE> Mob No 00971508876536> > -> renunw <renunw> ancient indian astrology > Wed, 17 Oct 2007 23:11:07 +0530 (IST)> Re: SOMEBODY HAS TO SAY SORRY -I THINK HE IS SRINADH> > Dear Prabhat ji,> > > ITS NOT YOUR FAULT - YOU ARE ALSO UNDER THE SAME MAYA .> > Oh....dear me!!! > > "Long for the wakeful is the night.> Long for the weary, a league.> For fools> unaware of True Dhamma,> samsara> is long." - Dhammapada> > > And just one more question why there are not many follower of > buddha in the land of Budhha .?> > I am glad you asked this question. May I ask why there is so much > blood shed, poverty and class discrimination etc. etc. etc. in the > land of Buddha but with a handful of followers of Buddha.> > Let me add this too..I DO respect all religions. What is good or bad > is not confined to one religion. It is a universal truth. It is the > reality.> > blessings> > Renu> > > > > > prabhat mishra> > Dubai- UAE> > Mob No 00971508876536> > > > -> > renunw <renunw@>> > ancient indian astrology > > > Wed, 17 Oct 2007 22:26:23 +0530 (IST)> > Re: SOMEBODY HAS TO SAY SORRY -> I THINK HE IS SRINADH> > > > > > Hi Mr. P,> > > > > 4. Any student of history will tell you ruling perioud of > > PUSHYAMITRA was very short - before him there was a long stinct > of > > buddhist ruler ( buddhist monk may have interest in distorting the > > text like RAMAYANA- not the poor guy Pushyamitra - who ruled for a > > very brief period ) > > > > Please don't assume things which you or I are not aware of.> > > > "> 5. If you are aware in VISHNU PURANA - ( i may be wrong about > the > > Purana ) becuase i read it some 25 years ago - when i was just 8/9 > > year old - GAUTAM BUDHA was stated as another avtara of VISHNU - > > whose sole purpose was to create a MAYA - so people get distracted > > from their DHARMA - which happened in golden buddha period . yOU > > MAY ALSO CALLED IT A INTEPOLATION IN PURANA -"> > > > Kindly come out with the MAYA created by Gautama Buddha. According > > to my knowledge people got attracted and not distracted to DHARMA > as > > a result of the englightened path shown by Gautama Buddha. If > > following the 5 precepts;> > 1.abstain from taking anothers life, > > 2.abstain from stealing, > > 3.abstain from adultery, > > 4.abstain from lying,> > 5.abstain from consumption of intoxicant> > > > AND> > living according to Noble Eight Fold Path;> > Wisdom (Sanskrit: prajñ & #257;, P & #257;li: paññ & #257;) > > 1. Right view > > 2. Right intention > > Ethical conduct (Sanskrit: & #347; & #299;la, P & #257;li: s & #299;la) > > 3. Right speech > > 4. Right action > > 5. Right livelihood > > Mental discipline (Sanskrit and P & #257;li: sam & #257;dhi) > > 6. Right effort > > 7. Right mindfulness > > 8. Right concentration > > > > AND> > > > accepting suffering and happiness with equanimity, utmost > > compassion towards the world irrespective of caste, class, > religion > > or race, unlimited generosity, love, kindness etc. can be called > > MAYA, you are right Mr. P.> > > > Note: Sreenadh ji,...I am very sorry if I deviated from the > current > > subject matter. I hope you would understand my concern. Thanks.> > > > blessings> > > > Renu> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > prabhat mishra> > > Dubai- UAE> > > Mob No 00971508876536> > > > > > -> > > rpsingh1rp <rpsingh1rp@>> > > ancient indian astrology > > > > > Wed, 17 Oct 2007 16:46:49 +0530 (IST)> > > Re: SRINADH BEG APOLOGY OR > > FIGHT> > > > > > comfort joker,then ask this guy to beg apology for passing such > > > henious remarks on valmiki (non brahmin sage) lord rama , > hanuman, > > > agastya, lord vishnu and all deities who helped rama to bring > back > > > mother sitha. this guy was becoming mad in his greatness. let > him > > beg > > > apology. keep quiet ~RP.> > > > > > --- In  , Arakampakkam > > > Thiaagrajan jagadeesan <atjags@> wrote:> > > >> > > > hi ,> > > > donot pump with mails , my mail is flooded . > > > > if wants fight on mail donot inconvenience others> > > > at > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > rpsingh1rp <rpsingh1rp@>> > > > To:  > > > > Wednesday, October 17, 2007 4:16:48 PM> > > > SRINADH BEG APOLOGY OR > FIGHT> > > > > > > > I m bursting with my anger - Srinadh!> > > > > > > > Why you are keeping your month shut, why dont you post your > > chart > > > and> > > > proofs about intensional interpolations in valmiki ramayana in > > sunga> > > > period only for insulting south indian dravidians.> > > > > > > > why u r hiding! I m here to check ur param gyan (supreme > > knowledge),> > > > to give u a right lesson, you have a chance to beg apology for > > > making> > > > such a cheap remark on sage valmiki and lord rama. i will give > u> > > > proper teaching of astrology.> > > > > > > > ~RP> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Tired of spam? Mail has the best spam protection > around > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > --> > > My life has changed. What about yours?> > > Log on to the new Indiatimes Mail and Live out of the Inbox!> > >> > > > > > > > > > --> > My life has changed. What about yours?> > Log on to the new Indiatimes Mail and Live out of the Inbox!> >> > > > > --> My life has changed. What about yours?> Log on to the new Indiatimes Mail and Live out of the Inbox!>--My life has changed. What about yours?Log on to the new Indiatimes Mail and Live out of the Inbox!--My life has changed. What about yours?Log on to the new Indiatimes Mail and Live out of the Inbox!

Prabhath dear, I know you are genuine in your effort to prove what

you believe. Our perceptives are formed according to what we read,

experience and learn in our childhood. If one is born to a Muslim

family his religion is Islam. He will believe only what is given in

the Koran and nothing else. I am talking about the general situation

and not exceptions. You and I as a Hindu and a Buddhist respectively

believe in re-birth. If I am born to a Muslim family in my next

birth I will trust the Koran and if I am born to a Hindu family, I

will have faith in Hindu scriptures written by learned sages. This

is how life goes. What matters is how we live irrespective of our

religios beliefs. All the religious leaders have shown the right

path to make this world a better place for everyone.

1. Quote:. He was not only the AVTAR of VISHNU but also the

MAHAMAYA . ( and please meaning of MAYA is not just illusion ).

Unqoute:

Mahamaya was Prince Siddhartha's [later Gautama Buddha] mother's

name.

2. Quote:In many Puranas, the Buddha is described as an incarnation

of Vishnu who incarnated in order to delude either demons or mankind

away from the Vedic dharma. The Bhavishya Purana contains the

following.

Unquote:

Why can't Puranas confirm whether Buddha was born to delude EITHER

demons or mankind. If Puranas were to be taken as an authority, it

should be specific in any revelation.

3. Quote:

At this time, reminded of the Kali Age, the god Vishnu became born

as Gautama, the Shakyamuni, and taught the Buddhist dharma for ten

years. Then Shuddodana ruled for twenty years, and Shakyasimha for

twenty. At the first stage of the Kali Age, the path of the Vedas

was destroyed and all men became Buddhists. Those who sought refuge

with Vishnu were deluded .

Unquote:

Aren't the facts given in the above paragraph contradictory to each

other? First it says that god Vishnu was born as Gautama, the

Shakyamuni, and taught the Buddhist dharma... Then the final

sentence say those who sought refuge with Vishnu were deluded. May I

ask if Gautama Buddha was the 'maya' or 'avatar' or god Vishnu

himself born to this world, why would he...himself/Vishnu preach

Dharma to delude the faith people had in Vishnu/himself?

As some in this forum had pointed out, history was/is written by the

ruling party or those who are in power. Knowing so well the

weaknesses of mankind, can we trust that they write only the truth

and the absolute truth? It is natural to distort the facts which

they do not believe and twist history accordingly.

It is not scientific to believe everything given in scriputres,

Bible, Koran or Tripitaka. Man and woman are blessed with a brain to

analyse and to think. Just because I am a Buddhist I neither accept

nor reject the stories attached to Buddha's life or for that matter

any stories related to any other religious leader. Becuase that is

history. I did not see or hear any of these things. All are hearsay.

But I DO respect the beliefs others have in their religious

authorities [books, scriptures etc.etc.] and I am not least

interested in proving whether they are false or not. It does not

matter to me. It's a waste of time. I take good things in all

that.But there is something which I can verify by myself. That is

the Dhamma Buddha preached. That is what matters to me. That is what

Buddha told everyone. He did not force anyone to accept his Dhamma.

He wanted his followers first to investigate his Dhamma by

themselves and then accept or reject it.He did not shed blood to

spread his Dhamma. Similarly I know all other relgious scriputures

have shown the path to lead a moral life.

What matters is facts which we can investigate and verify by

ourselves and not the stories attached to these history books. If

there is anything good we can take from that, which would be

benefical for the mankind that is what matters.

blessings

Renu

>

, prabhat_shcil

wrote:

>

> dear renu ji ,

>

> please find some more quote from different respected text about

BUDHA and his MAYA .

>

> In some of the Puranas, he is described as having taken birth

to " mislead the demons " :

>

> mohanÄrthaṃ dÄnavÄnÄṃ bÄlarÅ«pÄ« pathi-sthitaḥ |

> putraṃ taṃ kalpayÄm Äsa mÅ«á¸ha-buddhir jinaḥ svayam ||

> tataḥ saṃmohayÄm Äsa jinÄdyÄn asurÄṃśakÄn |

> bhagavÄn vÄgbhir ugrÄbhir ahiṃsÄ-vÄcibhir hariḥ ||

> - attributed to Brahmanda Purana

> Translation: In order to delude the demons, he (Lord Buddha) was

present in the form of a child on the way while the foolish Jina (a

demon), imagined him to be his son. Later on, Lord Sri Hari (as

avatara-buddha) expertly deluded Jina and other demons by his strong

words of non-violence.

>

> The name of the Buddha appears in a verse that describes the ten

>

> matsya-kÅ«rmo varÄhaÅ› ca ná¹›siṃha-vÄmanas tathÄ |

> rÄmo rÄmaÅ› ca rÄmaÅ› ca buddha-kalkiÅ› ca te daÅ›Äḥ ||

> In the Srimad Bhagavatam Buddha is said to have taken birth to

restore the devas to power:

>

> tataḥ kalau sampravá¹›tte sammohÄya sura-dviá¹£Äm |

> buddho nÄmnÄñjana-sutaḥ kÄ«kateá¹£u bhaviá¹£yati ||

> - (srimad-bhagavatam 1.3.24)

> Translation: Then, in the beginning of Kali-yuga [he] will become

the Buddha by name, the son of Anjana, in Bihar, for the purpose of

confusing those who were enemies of the devas

>

> In many Puranas, the Buddha is described as an incarnation of

Vishnu who incarnated in order to delude either demons or mankind

away from the Vedic dharma. The Bhavishya Purana contains the

following:

>

> At this time, reminded of the Kali Age, the god Vishnu became born

as Gautama, the Shakyamuni, and taught the Buddhist dharma for ten

years. Then Shuddodana ruled for twenty years, and Shakyasimha for

twenty. At the first stage of the Kali Age, the path of the Vedas

was destroyed and all men became Buddhists. Those who sought refuge

with Vishnu were deluded

>

>

> prabhat mishra

> Dubai- UAE

> Mob No 00971508876536

>

> -

> prabhat shcil <prabhat_shcil

> ancient indian astrology

> Fri, 19 Oct 2007 00:06:45 +0530 (IST)

> Re: Re: SOMEBODY HAS TO SAY

SORRY - I THINK HE IS SRINADH

>

> Dear Renu ji ,

>

> Let me quote from PARASHARA- about Various AVTARA of vishnu .

First in english than in original sanskrit. Now what will you call

this - My point is only one , although BUDHA learning was

universaly present are true , relevant , should be followed by all

being - But his life purpose was different . He was not only the

AVTAR of VISHNU but also the MAHAMAYA . ( and please meaning of

MAYA is not just illusion )

>

> Ch. 2. Great Incarnations

>

>

>

> 1. Maitreya: “O Maharishi Parasar, are the incarnations of

Vishnu, viz. Sri Ram, Sri Krishn etc., endowed with Jivans? 2.

Maharishi Parashar: “O Brahmin, the four incarnations, viz. Ram,

Krishn, Narasimh and Varah are wholly with Paramatmans. The other

incarnations (than these, out of the ten) have in them Jivans too. 3-

4. The unborn Lord has many incarnations. He has incarnated, as the

9 (Nava) Grahas to bestow on the living beings the results due to

their Karmas. He is Janardan. He assumed the auspicious form of

Grahas to destroy the demons (evil forces) and sustain the divine

beings. 5-7. From Surya the incarnation of Ram, from Candr that of

Krishn, from Mangal that of Narasimh, from Budh that of Buddha, from

Guru that of Vaman, from Sukr that of Parashuram, from Sani that of

Kurma (Tortoise), from Rahu that of Varah (Pig) and from Ketu that

of Meen (Fish) occurred. All other incarnations than these also are

through the Grahas.

>

>

>

> अथावतारकथनाधà¥à¤¯à¤¾à¤¯à¤ƒà¥¥à¥¨à¥¥

> बृहतà¥à¤ªà¤¾à¤°à¤¾à¤¶à¤°à¤¹à¥‹à¤°à¤¾à¤¶à¤¾à¤¸à¥à¤¤à¥à¤°

>

>

>

> रामकृषà¥à¤£à¤¾à¤¦à¤¯à¥‹ ये हà¥à¤¯à¤µà¤¤à¤¾à¤°

ा रमापतेः।

> तेऽपि जीवांशसंयà¥à¤•à¥à¤¤à¤¾à¤ƒ

किंवा बà¥à¤°à¥‚हि मà¥à¤¨à¤¿à¤¶à¥à¤µà¤°à¥¥ १॥

>

> रामः कृषà¥à¤£à¤¶à¥à¤š भो विपà¥à¤°

नृसिंहः सूकरसà¥à¤¤à¤¥à¤¾à¥¤

> à¤à¤¤à¥‡ पूरà¥à¤£à¤¾à¤µà¤¤à¤¾à¤°à¤¾à¤¶à¥à¤š

हà¥à¤¯à¤¨à¥à¤¯à¥‡

जीवांशकानà¥à¤µà¤¿à¤¤à¤¾à¤ƒà¥¥ २॥

>

> अवताराणà¥à¤¯à¤¨à¥‡à¤•à¤¾à¤¨à¤¿

हà¥à¤¯à¤œà¤¸à¥à¤¯ परमातà¥à¤®à¤¨à¤ƒà¥¤

> जीवानां करà¥à¤®à¤«à¤²à¤¦à¥‹ गà¥à¤°à¤¹à¤°

ूपी जनारà¥à¤¦à¤¨à¤ƒà¥¥ ३॥

>

> दैतà¥à¤¯à¤¾à¤¨à¤¾à¤‚ बलनाशाय

देवानां बलबृदà¥à¤§à¤¯à¥‡à¥¤

> धरà¥à¤®à¤¸à¤‚सà¥à¤¤à¤¾à¤ªà¤¨à¤¾à¤°à¥à¤¥à¤¾à¤¯ गà¥à¤°

हाजà¥à¤œà¤¾à¤¤à¤¾à¤ƒ शà¥à¤­à¤¾à¤ƒ कà¥à¤°

मातà¥â€Œà¥¥ ४॥

>

> रामोऽवतारः सूरà¥à¤¯à¤¸à¥à¤¯

चनà¥à¤¦à¥à¤°à¤¸à¥à¤¯ यदà¥à¤¨à¤¾à¤¯à¤•à¤ƒà¥¤

> नृसिंहो भूमिपà¥à¤¤à¥à¤°à¤¸à¥à¤¯

बà¥à¤¦à¥à¤§à¤ƒ सोमसà¥à¤¤à¤¸à¥à¤¯ च॥ ५॥

>

>

>

>

>

> prabhat mishra

> Dubai- UAE

> Mob No 00971508876536

>

> -

> renunw <renunw

> ancient indian astrology

> Thu, 18 Oct 2007 22:15:37 +0530 (IST)

> Re: SOMEBODY HAS TO SAY SORRY -

I THINK HE IS SRINADH

>

> Prabhath

>

> I respect your knowledge of history.

>

> Gautama Buddha was no MAYA but a normal human being like you and I.

> Buddhism is not a religion but a philosophy. No one is expected to

> accept what Buddha preached without verification. He said, " ehi

> passiko' - come and see.

>

> blessings

>

> Renu

>

> , prabhat_shcil@

> wrote:

> >

> > dear renu ,

> >

> > I am not assuming anything about - sunga period - you want proof

i

> can provide - about the time of pushyamitra . Total sunga dynasty

> ruled for just 100 yrs - and most of the time they were fighting

> with Yavans -( read Greeks or INDO Greeks) he assasinated

> Brhadrata, becuase he was going very soft in terms of

> administration and YAVAN were at MATHURA - and planning to March

> towards Pataliputra.

> >

> > YAVAN king MENENDRA had become buddhist and most of the buddhist

> clergy of that time supporting him , now it was a war for national

> pride , Pushyamitra Not only defeated the MENEDRA - after a long

> drawn battles - but also chased them acroos the sindhu in to the

> present afganistan and was able to restore the unity of INDIA and

> safegaurd us against foreign attack.

> >

> > So he was the hero like Chandragupta who unified india in a

large

> empire ,

> >

> > Now regarding the GAUTAM the BUDDHA i was like to say only one

> thing which is i am again 100% sure now as i did cross

> verification - was the AVTARA of VISHNU - but again timing of

> VISHNU PURAN is matter of controversy - so forget this . GAUTAM

was

> really a great sage - his teaching was great - but so the teaching

> by all of our sages and RISHI , MUNIES , Because all this

> learning / teaching - brotherhood was the etho of INDIAN CULTURE .

> >

> > AND THIS CULTURE AND ITS HISTORY GOT DISTORTED MOSTLY AFTER THE

> INVASION OF ARABS / MUGHALS . EARLIER WHOEVER ATTACKED INDIA THEY

> WERE NOT ONLY ADOPTED INDIAN CULTURE TO MOST EXTENT BUT ALSO ,

> BECOME PART OF INDIA . MANY TRIBES LIKE SHAKA , KUSHAN , GREEKS ,

> are such example - but later attackers tried to change not only

the

> history but also our values . by that time INDIA had become

> cultural melting point - so many powerful BRAHMIN and other so

> called Kuleens - tried to create fortification by making serious

> interpolation in our texts - inserting JATI PRATHA etc - which

only

> resulted in downfall of INDIAN society.

> >

> > EVERY SOCIETY / CULTURE HAS ITS UPs and DOWN - INDIA has seen

its

> golden period - during and before Gupta period - after that

there

> was its down fall - we will again see ITS GLORY.

> >

> > Onlything required is to be perceptive and dont follow bliendly

> what is available as hiostory . written by followers of MAX MULERs

> >

> >

> > prabhat mishra

> > Dubai- UAE

> > Mob No 00971508876536

> >

> > -

> > renunw <renunw@>

> > ancient indian astrology

>

> > Wed, 17 Oct 2007 23:11:07 +0530 (IST)

> > Re: SOMEBODY HAS TO SAY

SORRY -

> I THINK HE IS SRINADH

> >

> > Dear Prabhat ji,

> >

> > > ITS NOT YOUR FAULT - YOU ARE ALSO UNDER THE SAME MAYA .

> >

> > Oh....dear me!!!

> >

> > " Long for the wakeful is the night.

> > Long for the weary, a league.

> > For fools

> > unaware of True Dhamma,

> > samsara

> > is long. " - Dhammapada

> >

> > > And just one more question why there are not many follower of

> > buddha in the land of Budhha .?

> >

> > I am glad you asked this question. May I ask why there is so

much

> > blood shed, poverty and class discrimination etc. etc. etc. in

the

> > land of Buddha but with a handful of followers of Buddha.

> >

> > Let me add this too..I DO respect all religions. What is good or

> bad

> > is not confined to one religion. It is a universal truth. It is

> the

> > reality.

> >

> > blessings

> >

> > Renu

> >

> >

> > >

> > > prabhat mishra

> > > Dubai- UAE

> > > Mob No 00971508876536

> > >

> > > -

> > > renunw <renunw@>

> > > ancient indian astrology

> >

> > > Wed, 17 Oct 2007 22:26:23 +0530 (IST)

> > > Re: SOMEBODY HAS TO SAY

> SORRY -

> > I THINK HE IS SRINADH

> > >

> > >

> > > Hi Mr. P,

> > >

> > > > 4. Any student of history will tell you ruling perioud of

> > > PUSHYAMITRA was very short - before him there was a long

stinct

> > of

> > > buddhist ruler ( buddhist monk may have interest in distorting

> the

> > > text like RAMAYANA- not the poor guy Pushyamitra - who ruled

for

> a

> > > very brief period )

> > >

> > > Please don't assume things which you or I are not aware of.

> > >

> > > " > 5. If you are aware in VISHNU PURANA - ( i may be wrong

about

> > the

> > > Purana ) becuase i read it some 25 years ago - when i was just

> 8/9

> > > year old - GAUTAM BUDHA was stated as another avtara of

> VISHNU -

> > > whose sole purpose was to create a MAYA - so people get

> distracted

> > > from their DHARMA - which happened in golden buddha period .

> yOU

> > > MAY ALSO CALLED IT A INTEPOLATION IN PURANA - "

> > >

> > > Kindly come out with the MAYA created by Gautama Buddha.

> According

> > > to my knowledge people got attracted and not distracted to

> DHARMA

> > as

> > > a result of the englightened path shown by Gautama Buddha. If

> > > following the 5 precepts;

> > > 1.abstain from taking anothers life,

> > > 2.abstain from stealing,

> > > 3.abstain from adultery,

> > > 4.abstain from lying,

> > > 5.abstain from consumption of intoxicant

> > >

> > > AND

> > > living according to Noble Eight Fold Path;

> > > Wisdom (Sanskrit: prajñ & #257;, P & #257;li:

paññ & #257;)

> > > 1. Right view

> > > 2. Right intention

> > > Ethical conduct (Sanskrit: & #347; & #299;la, P & #257;li:

s & #299;la)

> > > 3. Right speech

> > > 4. Right action

> > > 5. Right livelihood

> > > Mental discipline (Sanskrit and P & #257;li: sam & #257;dhi)

> > > 6. Right effort

> > > 7. Right mindfulness

> > > 8. Right concentration

> > >

> > > AND

> > >

> > > accepting suffering and happiness with equanimity, utmost

> > > compassion towards the world irrespective of caste, class,

> > religion

> > > or race, unlimited generosity, love, kindness etc. can be

called

> > > MAYA, you are right Mr. P.

> > >

> > > Note: Sreenadh ji,...I am very sorry if I deviated from the

> > current

> > > subject matter. I hope you would understand my concern. Thanks.

> > >

> > > blessings

> > >

> > > Renu

> > >

> > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > prabhat mishra

> > > > Dubai- UAE

> > > > Mob No 00971508876536

> > > >

> > > > -

> > > > rpsingh1rp <rpsingh1rp@>

> > > > ancient indian astrology

> > >

> > > > Wed, 17 Oct 2007 16:46:49 +0530 (IST)

> > > > Re: SRINADH BEG APOLOGY

OR

> > > FIGHT

> > > >

> > > > comfort joker,then ask this guy to beg apology for passing

> such

> > > > henious remarks on valmiki (non brahmin sage) lord rama ,

> > hanuman,

> > > > agastya, lord vishnu and all deities who helped rama to

bring

> > back

> > > > mother sitha. this guy was becoming mad in his greatness.

let

> > him

> > > beg

> > > > apology. keep quiet ~RP.

> > > >

> > > > ,

Arakampakkam

> > > > Thiaagrajan jagadeesan <atjags@> wrote:

> > > > >

> > > > > hi ,

> > > > > donot pump with mails , my mail is flooded .

> > > > > if wants fight on mail donot inconvenience others

> > > > > at

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > rpsingh1rp <rpsingh1rp@>

> > > > >

> > > > > Wednesday, October 17, 2007 4:16:48 PM

> > > > > SRINADH BEG APOLOGY OR

> > FIGHT

> > > > >

> > > > > I m bursting with my anger - Srinadh!

> > > > >

> > > > > Why you are keeping your month shut, why dont you post

your

> > > chart

> > > > and

> > > > > proofs about intensional interpolations in valmiki

ramayana

> in

> > > sunga

> > > > > period only for insulting south indian dravidians.

> > > > >

> > > > > why u r hiding! I m here to check ur param gyan (supreme

> > > knowledge),

> > > > > to give u a right lesson, you have a chance to beg apology

> for

> > > > making

> > > > > such a cheap remark on sage valmiki and lord rama. i will

> give

> > u

> > > > > proper teaching of astrology.

> > > > >

> > > > > ~RP

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Tired of spam? Mail has the best spam protection

> > around

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > --

> > > > My life has changed. What about yours?

> > > > Log on to the new Indiatimes Mail and Live out of the Inbox!

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > --

> > > My life has changed. What about yours?

> > > Log on to the new Indiatimes Mail and Live out of the Inbox!

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > --

> > My life has changed. What about yours?

> > Log on to the new Indiatimes Mail and Live out of the Inbox!

> >

>

>

>

>

> --

> My life has changed. What about yours?

> Log on to the new Indiatimes Mail and Live out of the Inbox!

>

>

> --

> My life has changed. What about yours?

> Log on to the new Indiatimes Mail and Live out of the Inbox!

>

Sushri Renuji,

Namaskar!

Excuse me for interjection!

There is a sholka in the Gita 1(0/41), readeing:

" yad-yad vibhuti mat satvam shreemad oorjitam eva va

tad-tad eva avgachha tvam mama tejoamsha sambhavam "

" Whatsoever entity of outstanding essence, grandeur-ful or possessed

of high spirit, there be; each such know thou to be born from a

phase of My Radiant Potence " (Belvalkar's translation)

As such, you can say Budha was a divine incarnation!

We must also remeber that every entity, including every divine

incarnation, has a specific purpose. Once that is

completed/achieved/accomplished, that particular avatar ceases to

exercise that very influence unless it is " shodasha-kala sampoorna

avatar " like that of Krishna or even Rama!

Budha had a particular mission. So had the Mahavira. It could be

that at that point of time, animal sacrifcies were taking place at

an extraordinarily high rate. To counter that, " Avatars " like Budha

and Mahavira were a must.

I wonder whether you know that even Narsimha Avatar had to be killed-

--yes literally killed---by Bhagwan Shankara through his " Shalaba "

Avatar, because Narasimha had tried to " exceed his brief " .

In a sort of way, even Arjuna is an Avatar of Vishnu bcause Krishna

tells him specifically, " Pandavanam dhananjayah " -- I am Arjuna

among Pandavas!

With regards,

Avtar Krishen Kaul

, " renunw "

<renunw wrote:

>

> Prabhath dear, I know you are genuine in your effort to prove what

> you believe. Our perceptives are formed according to what we read,

> experience and learn in our childhood. If one is born to a Muslim

> family his religion is Islam. He will believe only what is given

in

> the Koran and nothing else. I am talking about the general

situation

> and not exceptions. You and I as a Hindu and a Buddhist

respectively

> believe in re-birth. If I am born to a Muslim family in my next

> birth I will trust the Koran and if I am born to a Hindu family, I

> will have faith in Hindu scriptures written by learned sages. This

> is how life goes. What matters is how we live irrespective of our

> religios beliefs. All the religious leaders have shown the right

> path to make this world a better place for everyone.

>

> 1. Quote:. He was not only the AVTAR of VISHNU but also the

> MAHAMAYA . ( and please meaning of MAYA is not just illusion ).

> Unqoute:

>

> Mahamaya was Prince Siddhartha's [later Gautama Buddha] mother's

> name.

>

> 2. Quote:In many Puranas, the Buddha is described as an

incarnation

> of Vishnu who incarnated in order to delude either demons or

mankind

> away from the Vedic dharma. The Bhavishya Purana contains the

> following.

> Unquote:

>

> Why can't Puranas confirm whether Buddha was born to delude EITHER

> demons or mankind. If Puranas were to be taken as an authority, it

> should be specific in any revelation.

>

> 3. Quote:

> At this time, reminded of the Kali Age, the god Vishnu became born

> as Gautama, the Shakyamuni, and taught the Buddhist dharma for ten

> years. Then Shuddodana ruled for twenty years, and Shakyasimha for

> twenty. At the first stage of the Kali Age, the path of the Vedas

> was destroyed and all men became Buddhists. Those who sought

refuge

> with Vishnu were deluded .

> Unquote:

>

> Aren't the facts given in the above paragraph contradictory to

each

> other? First it says that god Vishnu was born as Gautama, the

> Shakyamuni, and taught the Buddhist dharma... Then the final

> sentence say those who sought refuge with Vishnu were deluded. May

I

> ask if Gautama Buddha was the 'maya' or 'avatar' or god Vishnu

> himself born to this world, why would he...himself/Vishnu preach

> Dharma to delude the faith people had in Vishnu/himself?

>

> As some in this forum had pointed out, history was/is written by

the

> ruling party or those who are in power. Knowing so well the

> weaknesses of mankind, can we trust that they write only the truth

> and the absolute truth? It is natural to distort the facts which

> they do not believe and twist history accordingly.

>

> It is not scientific to believe everything given in scriputres,

> Bible, Koran or Tripitaka. Man and woman are blessed with a brain

to

> analyse and to think. Just because I am a Buddhist I neither

accept

> nor reject the stories attached to Buddha's life or for that

matter

> any stories related to any other religious leader. Becuase that is

> history. I did not see or hear any of these things. All are

hearsay.

> But I DO respect the beliefs others have in their religious

> authorities [books, scriptures etc.etc.] and I am not least

> interested in proving whether they are false or not. It does not

> matter to me. It's a waste of time. I take good things in all

> that.But there is something which I can verify by myself. That is

> the Dhamma Buddha preached. That is what matters to me. That is

what

> Buddha told everyone. He did not force anyone to accept his

Dhamma.

> He wanted his followers first to investigate his Dhamma by

> themselves and then accept or reject it.He did not shed blood to

> spread his Dhamma. Similarly I know all other relgious scriputures

> have shown the path to lead a moral life.

>

> What matters is facts which we can investigate and verify by

> ourselves and not the stories attached to these history books. If

> there is anything good we can take from that, which would be

> benefical for the mankind that is what matters.

>

> blessings

>

> Renu

, prabhat_shcil@

> wrote:

> >

> > dear renu ji ,

> >

> > please find some more quote from different respected text about

> BUDHA and his MAYA .

> >

> > In some of the Puranas, he is described as having taken birth

> to " mislead the demons " :

> >

> > mohanÄrthaṃ dÄnavÄnÄṃ bÄlarÅ«pÄ« pathi-sthitaḥ |

> > putraṃ taṃ kalpayÄm Äsa mÅ«á¸ha-buddhir jinaḥ svayam ||

> > tataḥ saṃmohayÄm Äsa jinÄdyÄn asurÄṃśakÄn |

> > bhagavÄn vÄgbhir ugrÄbhir ahiṃsÄ-vÄcibhir hariḥ ||

> > - attributed to Brahmanda Purana

> > Translation: In order to delude the demons, he (Lord Buddha) was

> present in the form of a child on the way while the foolish Jina

(a

> demon), imagined him to be his son. Later on, Lord Sri Hari (as

> avatara-buddha) expertly deluded Jina and other demons by his

strong

> words of non-violence.

> >

> > The name of the Buddha appears in a verse that describes the ten

> avataras[citation needed]:

> >

> > matsya-kÅ«rmo varÄhaÅ› ca ná¹›siṃha-vÄmanas tathÄ |

> > rÄmo rÄmaÅ› ca rÄmaÅ› ca buddha-kalkiÅ› ca te daÅ›Äḥ ||

> > In the Srimad Bhagavatam Buddha is said to have taken birth to

> restore the devas to power:

> >

> > tataḥ kalau sampravá¹›tte sammohÄya sura-dviá¹£Äm |

> > buddho nÄmnÄñjana-sutaḥ kÄ«kateá¹£u bhaviá¹£yati ||

> > - (srimad-bhagavatam 1.3.24)

> > Translation: Then, in the beginning of Kali-yuga [he] will

become

> the Buddha by name, the son of Anjana, in Bihar, for the purpose

of

> confusing those who were enemies of the devas

> >

> > In many Puranas, the Buddha is described as an incarnation of

> Vishnu who incarnated in order to delude either demons or mankind

> away from the Vedic dharma. The Bhavishya Purana contains the

> following:

> >

> > At this time, reminded of the Kali Age, the god Vishnu became

born

> as Gautama, the Shakyamuni, and taught the Buddhist dharma for ten

> years. Then Shuddodana ruled for twenty years, and Shakyasimha for

> twenty. At the first stage of the Kali Age, the path of the Vedas

> was destroyed and all men became Buddhists. Those who sought

refuge

> with Vishnu were deluded

> >

> >

> > prabhat mishra

> > Dubai- UAE

> >

> > -

> > prabhat shcil <prabhat_shcil@>

>

> > Fri, 19 Oct 2007 00:06:45 +0530 (IST)

> > Re: Re: SOMEBODY HAS TO SAY

> SORRY - I THINK HE IS SRINADH

> >

> > Dear Renu ji ,

> >

> > Let me quote from PARASHARA- about Various AVTARA of

vishnu .

> First in english than in original sanskrit. Now what will you

call

> this - My point is only one , although BUDHA learning was

> universaly present are true , relevant , should be followed by all

> being - But his life purpose was different . He was not only the

> AVTAR of VISHNU but also the MAHAMAYA . ( and please meaning of

> MAYA is not just illusion )

> >

> > Ch. 2. Great Incarnations

> >

> >

> >

> > 1. Maitreya: “O Maharishi Parasar, are the incarnations of

> Vishnu, viz. Sri Ram, Sri Krishn etc., endowed with Jivans? 2.

> Maharishi Parashar: “O Brahmin, the four incarnations, viz. Ram,

> Krishn, Narasimh and Varah are wholly with Paramatmans. The other

> incarnations (than these, out of the ten) have in them Jivans too.

3-

> 4. The unborn Lord has many incarnations. He has incarnated, as

the

> 9 (Nava) Grahas to bestow on the living beings the results due to

> their Karmas. He is Janardan. He assumed the auspicious form of

> Grahas to destroy the demons (evil forces) and sustain the divine

> beings. 5-7. From Surya the incarnation of Ram, from Candr that of

> Krishn, from Mangal that of Narasimh, from Budh that of Buddha,

from

> Guru that of Vaman, from Sukr that of Parashuram, from Sani that

of

> Kurma (Tortoise), from Rahu that of Varah (Pig) and from Ketu that

> of Meen (Fish) occurred. All other incarnations than these also

are

> through the Grahas.

> >

> >

> >

> > अथावतारकथनाधà¥à¤¯à¤¾à¤¯à¤ƒà¥¥à¥¨à¥¥

> > बृहतà¥à¤ªà¤¾à¤°à¤¾à¤¶à¤°à¤¹à¥‹à¤°

ाशासà¥à¤¤à¥à¤°

> >

> >

> >

> > रामकृषà¥à¤£à¤¾à¤¦à¤¯à¥‹ ये हà¥à¤¯à¤µà¤¤à¤¾à¤°

> ा रमापतेः।

> > तेऽपि जीवांशसंयà¥à¤•à¥à¤¤à¤¾à¤ƒ

> किंवा बà¥à¤°à¥‚हि मà¥à¤¨à¤¿à¤¶à¥à¤µà¤°à¥¥

१॥

> >

> > रामः कृषà¥à¤£à¤¶à¥à¤š भो विपà¥à¤°

> नृसिंहः सूकरसà¥à¤¤à¤¥à¤¾à¥¤

> > à¤à¤¤à¥‡ पूरà¥à¤£à¤¾à¤µà¤¤à¤¾à¤°à¤¾à¤¶à¥à¤š

> हà¥à¤¯à¤¨à¥à¤¯à¥‡

> जीवांशकानà¥à¤µà¤¿à¤¤à¤¾à¤ƒà¥¥ २॥

> >

> > अवताराणà¥à¤¯à¤¨à¥‡à¤•à¤¾à¤¨à¤¿

> हà¥à¤¯à¤œà¤¸à¥à¤¯ परमातà¥à¤®à¤¨à¤ƒà¥¤

> > जीवानां करà¥à¤®à¤«à¤²à¤¦à¥‹ गà¥à¤°à¤¹à¤°

> ूपी जनारà¥à¤¦à¤¨à¤ƒà¥¥ ३॥

> >

> > दैतà¥à¤¯à¤¾à¤¨à¤¾à¤‚ बलनाशाय

> देवानां बलबृदà¥à¤§à¤¯à¥‡à¥¤

> > धरà¥à¤®à¤¸à¤‚सà¥à¤¤à¤¾à¤ªà¤¨à¤¾à¤°à¥à¤¥à¤¾à¤¯ गà¥à¤°

> हाजà¥à¤œà¤¾à¤¤à¤¾à¤ƒ शà¥à¤­à¤¾à¤ƒ कà¥à¤°

> मातà¥â€Œà¥¥ ४॥

> >

> > रामोऽवतारः सूरà¥à¤¯à¤¸à¥à¤¯

> चनà¥à¤¦à¥à¤°à¤¸à¥à¤¯ यदà¥à¤¨à¤¾à¤¯à¤•à¤ƒà¥¤

> > नृसिंहो भूमिपà¥à¤¤à¥à¤°à¤¸à¥à¤¯

> बà¥à¤¦à¥à¤§à¤ƒ सोमसà¥à¤¤à¤¸à¥à¤¯ च॥ ५॥

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > prabhat mishra

> > Dubai- UAE

> >

> > -

> > renunw <renunw@>

>

> > Thu, 18 Oct 2007 22:15:37 +0530 (IST)

> > Re: SOMEBODY HAS TO SAY

SORRY -

> I THINK HE IS SRINADH

> >

> > Prabhath

> >

> > I respect your knowledge of history.

> >

> > Gautama Buddha was no MAYA but a normal human being like you and

I.

> > Buddhism is not a religion but a philosophy. No one is expected

to

> > accept what Buddha preached without verification. He said, " ehi

> > passiko' - come and see.

> >

> > blessings

> >

> > Renu

> >

> > , prabhat_shcil@

> > wrote:

> > >

> > > dear renu ,

> > >

> > > I am not assuming anything about - sunga period - you want

proof

> i

> > can provide - about the time of pushyamitra . Total sunga

dynasty

> > ruled for just 100 yrs - and most of the time they were fighting

> > with Yavans -( read Greeks or INDO Greeks) he assasinated

> > Brhadrata, becuase he was going very soft in terms of

> > administration and YAVAN were at MATHURA - and planning to March

> > towards Pataliputra.

> > >

> > > YAVAN king MENENDRA had become buddhist and most of the

buddhist

> > clergy of that time supporting him , now it was a war for

national

> > pride , Pushyamitra Not only defeated the MENEDRA - after a long

> > drawn battles - but also chased them acroos the sindhu in to the

> > present afganistan and was able to restore the unity of INDIA

and

> > safegaurd us against foreign attack.

> > >

> > > So he was the hero like Chandragupta who unified india in a

> large

> > empire ,

> > >

> > > Now regarding the GAUTAM the BUDDHA i was like to say only one

> > thing which is i am again 100% sure now as i did cross

> > verification - was the AVTARA of VISHNU - but again timing of

> > VISHNU PURAN is matter of controversy - so forget this . GAUTAM

> was

> > really a great sage - his teaching was great - but so the

teaching

> > by all of our sages and RISHI , MUNIES , Because all this

> > learning / teaching - brotherhood was the etho of INDIAN

CULTURE .

> > >

> > > AND THIS CULTURE AND ITS HISTORY GOT DISTORTED MOSTLY AFTER

THE

> > INVASION OF ARABS / MUGHALS . EARLIER WHOEVER ATTACKED INDIA

THEY

> > WERE NOT ONLY ADOPTED INDIAN CULTURE TO MOST EXTENT BUT ALSO ,

> > BECOME PART OF INDIA . MANY TRIBES LIKE SHAKA , KUSHAN ,

GREEKS ,

> > are such example - but later attackers tried to change not only

> the

> > history but also our values . by that time INDIA had become

> > cultural melting point - so many powerful BRAHMIN and other

so

> > called Kuleens - tried to create fortification by making serious

> > interpolation in our texts - inserting JATI PRATHA etc - which

> only

> > resulted in downfall of INDIAN society.

> > >

> > > EVERY SOCIETY / CULTURE HAS ITS UPs and DOWN - INDIA has seen

> its

> > golden period - during and before Gupta period - after that

> there

> > was its down fall - we will again see ITS GLORY.

> > >

> > > Onlything required is to be perceptive and dont follow

bliendly

> > what is available as hiostory . written by followers of MAX

MULERs

> > >

> > >

> > > prabhat mishra

> > > Dubai- UAE

> > >

> > > -

> > > renunw <renunw@>

> >

> > > Wed, 17 Oct 2007 23:11:07 +0530 (IST)

> SORRY -

> > >

> > > Dear Prabhat ji,

> > >

> > > > ITS NOT YOUR FAULT - YOU ARE ALSO UNDER THE SAME MAYA .

> > >

> > > Oh....dear me!!!

> > >

> > > " Long for the wakeful is the night.

> > > Long for the weary, a league.

> > > For fools

> > > unaware of True Dhamma,

> > > samsara

> > > is long. " - Dhammapada

> > >

> > > > And just one more question why there are not many follower

of

> > > buddha in the land of Budhha .?

> > >

> > > I am glad you asked this question. May I ask why there is so

> much

> > > blood shed, poverty and class discrimination etc. etc. etc. in

> the

> > > land of Buddha but with a handful of followers of Buddha.

> > >

> > > Let me add this too..I DO respect all religions. What is good

or

> > bad

> > > is not confined to one religion. It is a universal truth. It

is

> > the

> > > reality.

> > >

> > > blessings

> > >

> > > Renu

> > >

> > >

> > > >

> > > > prabhat mishra

> > > > Dubai- UAE

> > > >

> > > > -

> > > > renunw <renunw@>

> > >

> > > > Wed, 17 Oct 2007 22:26:23 +0530 (IST)

> > > > Re: SOMEBODY HAS TO SAY

> > SORRY -

> > > I THINK HE IS SRINADH

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Hi Mr. P,

> > > >

> > > > > 4. Any student of history will tell you ruling perioud of

> > > > PUSHYAMITRA was very short - before him there was a long

> stinct

> > > of

> > > > buddhist ruler ( buddhist monk may have interest in

distorting

> > the

> > > > text like RAMAYANA- not the poor guy Pushyamitra - who ruled

> for

> > a

> > > > very brief period )

> > > >

> > > > Please don't assume things which you or I are not aware of.

> > > >

> > > > " > 5. If you are aware in VISHNU PURANA - ( i may be wrong

> about

> > > the

> > > > Purana ) becuase i read it some 25 years ago - when i was

just

> > 8/9

> > > > year old - GAUTAM BUDHA was stated as another avtara of

> > VISHNU -

> > > > whose sole purpose was to create a MAYA - so people get

> > distracted

> > > > from their DHARMA - which happened in golden buddha

period .

> > yOU

> > > > MAY ALSO CALLED IT A INTEPOLATION IN PURANA - "

> > > >

> > > > Kindly come out with the MAYA created by Gautama Buddha.

> > According

> > > > to my knowledge people got attracted and not distracted to

> > DHARMA

> > > as

> > > > a result of the englightened path shown by Gautama Buddha.

If

> > > > following the 5 precepts;

> > > > 1.abstain from taking anothers life,

> > > > 2.abstain from stealing,

> > > > 3.abstain from adultery,

> > > > 4.abstain from lying,

> > > > 5.abstain from consumption of intoxicant

> > > >

> > > > AND

> > > > living according to Noble Eight Fold Path;

> > > > Wisdom (Sanskrit: prajñ & #257;, P & #257;li:

> paññ & #257;)

> > > > 1. Right view

> > > > 2. Right intention

> > > > Ethical conduct (Sanskrit: & #347; & #299;la, P & #257;li:

> s & #299;la)

> > > > 3. Right speech

> > > > 4. Right action

> > > > 5. Right livelihood

> > > > Mental discipline (Sanskrit and P & #257;li: sam & #257;dhi)

> > > > 6. Right effort

> > > > 7. Right mindfulness

> > > > 8. Right concentration

> > > >

> > > > AND

> > > >

> > > > accepting suffering and happiness with equanimity, utmost

> > > > compassion towards the world irrespective of caste, class,

> > > religion

> > > > or race, unlimited generosity, love, kindness etc. can be

> called

> > > > MAYA, you are right Mr. P.

> > > >

> > > > Note: Sreenadh ji,...I am very sorry if I deviated from the

> > > current

> > > > subject matter. I hope you would understand my concern.

Thanks.

> > > >

> > > > blessings

> > > >

> > > > Renu

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > prabhat mishra

> > > > > Dubai- UAE

> > > > > Mob No 00971508876536

> > > > >

> > > > > -

> > > > > rpsingh1rp <rpsingh1rp@>

> > > > > ancient indian astrology

> > > >

> > > > > Wed, 17 Oct 2007 16:46:49 +0530 (IST)

> > > > > Re: SRINADH BEG

APOLOGY

> OR

> > > > FIGHT

> > > > >

> > > > > comfort joker,then ask this guy to beg apology for passing

> > such

> > > > > henious remarks on valmiki (non brahmin sage) lord rama ,

> > > hanuman,

> > > > > agastya, lord vishnu and all deities who helped rama to

> bring

> > > back

> > > > > mother sitha. this guy was becoming mad in his greatness.

> let

> > > him

> > > > beg

> > > > > apology. keep quiet ~RP.

> > > > >

> > > > > ,

> Arakampakkam

> > > > > Thiaagrajan jagadeesan <atjags@> wrote:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > hi ,

> > > > > > donot pump with mails , my mail is flooded .

> > > > > > if wants fight on mail donot inconvenience others

> > > > > > at

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > rpsingh1rp <rpsingh1rp@>

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Wednesday, October 17, 2007 4:16:48 PM

> > > > > > SRINADH BEG APOLOGY

OR

> > > FIGHT

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I m bursting with my anger - Srinadh!

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Why you are keeping your month shut, why dont you post

> your

> > > > chart

> > > > > and

> > > > > > proofs about intensional interpolations in valmiki

> ramayana

> > in

> > > > sunga

> > > > > > period only for insulting south indian dravidians.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > why u r hiding! I m here to check ur param gyan (supreme

> > > > knowledge),

> > > > > > to give u a right lesson, you have a chance to beg

apology

> > for

> > > > > making

> > > > > > such a cheap remark on sage valmiki and lord rama. i

will

> > give

> > > u

> > > > > > proper teaching of astrology.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > ~RP

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Tired of spam? Mail has the best spam protection

> > > around

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > --

> > > > > My life has changed. What about yours?

> > > > > Log on to the new Indiatimes Mail and Live out of the

Inbox!

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > --

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > --

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > --

> >

> >

> > --

> >

>

Dear Kaul,

excellent posting, though many of your emails though do not go into my

little head, but this one is good. Agreed that every incaranation has a

specific purpose. Extending the same logic to the five paths - Jnana,

Japa, Raja, Bhakti & Karma yogas, the defined ones, many of the current

- TV popular " swamis " may NOT be the really realized ones, but trying to

do some good marketing for his lord ship....!! Like Moses did for Jesus

{ approx. 700 yrs gap between them !!}. Swami Vivekanand did for Sri

Paramhansa Yogananda & Sri Aurobindo Ghosh...so on so forth

Each sect of swamis appeals to a group of people - the above mentioned

3-Indian gurus addressed to the scientific temper people. While Swami

Prabhupada of ISKCON addressed to the emotional ones.....through his

teachings...

It is important to note that whenever darkness prevailed, the God

appeared in some form to set things right. Similarly Lord Buddha

incarnation came at a crucial time of history. Many people were so

influenced by Lord Buddhar or Lord Mahavira that, people left their

homes to join him, leaving their families in doldrums. It created a

social problem with many men have left, the task of doing daily chores

and running the families....etc.....there was a social imbalance in

every aspect of it....... the kings of those days, found it tricky to

deal with the problem......so they worked out a plan to lure back this

" converted buddhists " through building temples in forest areas - the

most probable place for monks to be found - with some - pornographic

images -....expecting some " converted family monks " would return to

their homelands / families ....... { Example - Though much of

ill-famed Hindu temples at Khajuraho - popular for sex images, than for

the word " temple " }.

To conclude this, recall the mythology episode, wherein Lord Parashuram

comes charging at Yound Prince Ram for having broken the " Shiva Dhanush "

{ Lord Shiva's gifted Bow - archery}, prompting the Young Prince Ram

saying that he the Lord Vishnu has now incarnated as Young Prince Ram,

and the avatar Lord Parashuram should now take retirement !! - very

nice instance of - Handing over and taking over of daily

duties.......like in current office !!! - example of protocols set in

those times itself.....

with regards,

sreeram srinivas

, " Avtar Krishen Kaul "

<jyotirved wrote:

Sushri Renuji,

Namaskar!

Excuse me for interjection! There is a sholka in the Gita 1(0/41),

readeing:

" yad-yad vibhuti mat satvam shreemad oorjitam eva va

tad-tad eva avgachha tvam mama tejoamsha sambhavam "

" Whatsoever entity of outstanding essence, grandeur-ful or possessed

of high spirit, there be; each such know thou to be born from a phase

of My Radiant Potence " (Belvalkar's translation)

As such, you can say Budha was a divine incarnation! We must also

remeber that every entity, including every divine incarnation, has a

specific purpose. Once that is completed/achieved/accomplished, that

particular avatar ceases to exercise that very influence unless it

is " shodasha-kala sampoorna

avatar " like that of Krishna or even Rama!

Budha had a particular mission. So had the Mahavira. It could be that

at that point of time, animal sacrifcies were taking place at an

extraordinarily high rate. To counter that, " Avatars " like Budha

and Mahavira were a must.

I wonder whether you know that even Narsimha Avatar had to be killed-

--yes literally killed---by Bhagwan Shankara through his " Shalaba "

Avatar, because Narasimha had tried to " exceed his brief " .

In a sort of way, even Arjuna is an Avatar of Vishnu bcause Krishna

tells him specifically, " Pandavanam dhananjayah " -- I am Arjuna among

Pandavas!

With regards,

Avtar Krishen Kaul

Dear Krishen ji,

It was a lovely sloka from the Gita, no doubt. I like it very much.

Yet, I am sorry I can only but disagree with your notion that Buddha

was a divine incarnation.

The following paras are extracts from the book 'What the Buddha

taught " by Walpola Rahula thero.

" Buddha was the only relgious leader [if we can call him a religious

leader since Buddhism is not a religion but a philosophy]...who did

not claim to be other than a human being, pure and simple. Other

teachers were either God, or his incarnations in different forms, or

inspired by him. The Buddha was not only a human being; he claimed

no inspiration from any god or external power either. He attributed

all his realliazation, attainments and achievements to human

endeavour and human intellignece. A man and only a man can become a

Buddha. Every man has within himself the potentiality to becoming a

Buddha, if he so wills it and endavours. We can call the Buddha a

man 'par excellence'. He was so perfect in his " human-ness' that he

came to be regarded later in popular religion almost as 'super

human'.

Man's position, according to Buddhism, is supreme. Man is his own

master, and there is no higher being or power that sits in judgement

over his destiny.

" One is one's own refuge, who else could be the refuge? " siad the

Buddha. He taught, encouraged and stimulated each person to develop

himself and to work out his own emancipation, for man has the power

to liberate himself from all bondage through his own personal effort

and intelligence.

Buddha told the bhikkus that his disciple should examine even the

Buddha himself, so that the disciple mlight be fully convinced of

the true value of the teacher whom he followed. "

I can go on and on ....but what is the use? What matters is the

TRUTH and not its source. Whether it was uttered by Buddha, Jesus or

anyone else is irrelevant.

Thousands and thousands of aeons ago, Buddha born to Brahmin parents

by the name Sumedha, later became a hermit. In that birth he got the

first affirmation from 'Deepankara Buddha' to become a Buddha after

many many many..... years later. During his many births in this

world he fulfilled thirty perfections [Paramita] essential to be

completed by a Buddha to be in the human world. Then he was born in

the heaven Tusita where Devas and Brahmas assembled and approached

him. They reminded him that he fulfilled paramita to be born as a

Buddha in the human world to serve them and told him that the right

time had come for that. Then he accepted the invitation and

conceived in Queen Maya's womb. That was how Prince Siddartha was

born to this world. Then he got married to princess Yasodara, became

the proud father of the son Rahula. At the age 29 his renunciation

took place. For six years he wondered learning from famous religious

teachers at that time, following them and submitting himself to

rigourus ascetic practices. They did not satisfy him. So he chose

his own way, the middle path and attained Buddhahood at the age of

The brief note was to let you know that Buddha was a normal human

being and not an incarnation of any divine being.

I know all this history is of no use. But Buddha's teachings will

always be useful to mankind as long as this world exists.

Please note that I do not doubt or challenge the veracity of other

religions.

blessings

Renu

, " Avtar Krishen

Kaul " <jyotirved wrote:

>

> Sushri Renuji,

> Namaskar!

> Excuse me for interjection!

> There is a sholka in the Gita 1(0/41), readeing:

> " yad-yad vibhuti mat satvam shreemad oorjitam eva va

> tad-tad eva avgachha tvam mama tejoamsha sambhavam "

>

> " Whatsoever entity of outstanding essence, grandeur-ful or

possessed

> of high spirit, there be; each such know thou to be born from a

> phase of My Radiant Potence " (Belvalkar's translation)

>

> As such, you can say Budha was a divine incarnation!

>

> We must also remeber that every entity, including every divine

> incarnation, has a specific purpose. Once that is

> completed/achieved/accomplished, that particular avatar ceases to

> exercise that very influence unless it is " shodasha-kala sampoorna

> avatar " like that of Krishna or even Rama!

>

> Budha had a particular mission. So had the Mahavira. It could be

> that at that point of time, animal sacrifcies were taking place at

> an extraordinarily high rate. To counter that, " Avatars " like

Budha

> and Mahavira were a must.

>

> I wonder whether you know that even Narsimha Avatar had to be

killed-

> --yes literally killed---by Bhagwan Shankara through his " Shalaba "

> Avatar, because Narasimha had tried to " exceed his brief " .

>

> In a sort of way, even Arjuna is an Avatar of Vishnu bcause

Krishna

> tells him specifically, " Pandavanam dhananjayah " -- I am Arjuna

> among Pandavas!

> With regards,

> Avtar Krishen Kaul

>

> , " renunw "

> <renunw@> wrote:

> >

> > Prabhath dear, I know you are genuine in your effort to prove

what

> > you believe. Our perceptives are formed according to what we

read,

> > experience and learn in our childhood. If one is born to a

Muslim

> > family his religion is Islam. He will believe only what is given

> in

> > the Koran and nothing else. I am talking about the general

> situation

> > and not exceptions. You and I as a Hindu and a Buddhist

> respectively

> > believe in re-birth. If I am born to a Muslim family in my next

> > birth I will trust the Koran and if I am born to a Hindu family,

I

> > will have faith in Hindu scriptures written by learned sages.

This

> > is how life goes. What matters is how we live irrespective of

our

> > religios beliefs. All the religious leaders have shown the right

> > path to make this world a better place for everyone.

> >

> > 1. Quote:. He was not only the AVTAR of VISHNU but also the

> > MAHAMAYA . ( and please meaning of MAYA is not just illusion ).

> > Unqoute:

> >

> > Mahamaya was Prince Siddhartha's [later Gautama Buddha] mother's

> > name.

> >

> > 2. Quote:In many Puranas, the Buddha is described as an

> incarnation

> > of Vishnu who incarnated in order to delude either demons or

> mankind

> > away from the Vedic dharma. The Bhavishya Purana contains the

> > following.

> > Unquote:

> >

> > Why can't Puranas confirm whether Buddha was born to delude

EITHER

> > demons or mankind. If Puranas were to be taken as an authority,

it

> > should be specific in any revelation.

> >

> > 3. Quote:

> > At this time, reminded of the Kali Age, the god Vishnu became

born

> > as Gautama, the Shakyamuni, and taught the Buddhist dharma for

ten

> > years. Then Shuddodana ruled for twenty years, and Shakyasimha

for

> > twenty. At the first stage of the Kali Age, the path of the

Vedas

> > was destroyed and all men became Buddhists. Those who sought

> refuge

> > with Vishnu were deluded .

> > Unquote:

> >

> > Aren't the facts given in the above paragraph contradictory to

> each

> > other? First it says that god Vishnu was born as Gautama, the

> > Shakyamuni, and taught the Buddhist dharma... Then the final

> > sentence say those who sought refuge with Vishnu were deluded.

May

> I

> > ask if Gautama Buddha was the 'maya' or 'avatar' or god Vishnu

> > himself born to this world, why would he...himself/Vishnu preach

> > Dharma to delude the faith people had in Vishnu/himself?

> >

> > As some in this forum had pointed out, history was/is written by

> the

> > ruling party or those who are in power. Knowing so well the

> > weaknesses of mankind, can we trust that they write only the

truth

> > and the absolute truth? It is natural to distort the facts which

> > they do not believe and twist history accordingly.

> >

> > It is not scientific to believe everything given in scriputres,

> > Bible, Koran or Tripitaka. Man and woman are blessed with a

brain

> to

> > analyse and to think. Just because I am a Buddhist I neither

> accept

> > nor reject the stories attached to Buddha's life or for that

> matter

> > any stories related to any other religious leader. Becuase that

is

> > history. I did not see or hear any of these things. All are

> hearsay.

> > But I DO respect the beliefs others have in their religious

> > authorities [books, scriptures etc.etc.] and I am not least

> > interested in proving whether they are false or not. It does not

> > matter to me. It's a waste of time. I take good things in all

> > that.But there is something which I can verify by myself. That

is

> > the Dhamma Buddha preached. That is what matters to me. That is

> what

> > Buddha told everyone. He did not force anyone to accept his

> Dhamma.

> > He wanted his followers first to investigate his Dhamma by

> > themselves and then accept or reject it.He did not shed blood to

> > spread his Dhamma. Similarly I know all other relgious

scriputures

> > have shown the path to lead a moral life.

> >

> > What matters is facts which we can investigate and verify by

> > ourselves and not the stories attached to these history books.

If

> > there is anything good we can take from that, which would be

> > benefical for the mankind that is what matters.

> >

> > blessings

> >

> > Renu

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > , prabhat_shcil@

> > wrote:

> > >

> > > dear renu ji ,

> > >

> > > please find some more quote from different respected text

about

> > BUDHA and his MAYA .

> > >

> > > In some of the Puranas, he is described as having taken birth

> > to " mislead the demons " :

> > >

> > > mohanÄrthaṃ dÄnavÄnÄṃ bÄlarÅ«pÄ« pathi-sthitaḥ |

> > > putraṃ taṃ kalpayÄm Äsa mÅ«á¸ha-buddhir jinaḥ svayam

||

> > > tataḥ saṃmohayÄm Äsa jinÄdyÄn asurÄṃśakÄn |

> > > bhagavÄn vÄgbhir ugrÄbhir ahiṃsÄ-vÄcibhir hariḥ ||

> > > - attributed to Brahmanda Purana

> > > Translation: In order to delude the demons, he (Lord Buddha)

was

> > present in the form of a child on the way while the foolish Jina

> (a

> > demon), imagined him to be his son. Later on, Lord Sri Hari (as

> > avatara-buddha) expertly deluded Jina and other demons by his

> strong

> > words of non-violence.

> > >

> > > The name of the Buddha appears in a verse that describes the

ten

> > avataras[citation needed]:

> > >

> > > matsya-kÅ«rmo varÄhaÅ› ca ná¹›siṃha-vÄmanas tathÄ |

> > > rÄmo rÄmaÅ› ca rÄmaÅ› ca buddha-kalkiÅ› ca te daÅ›Äḥ ||

> > > In the Srimad Bhagavatam Buddha is said to have taken birth to

> > restore the devas to power:

> > >

> > > tataḥ kalau sampravá¹›tte sammohÄya sura-dviá¹£Äm |

> > > buddho nÄmnÄñjana-sutaḥ kÄ«kateá¹£u bhaviá¹£yati ||

> > > - (srimad-bhagavatam 1.3.24)

> > > Translation: Then, in the beginning of Kali-yuga [he] will

> become

> > the Buddha by name, the son of Anjana, in Bihar, for the purpose

> of

> > confusing those who were enemies of the devas

> > >

> > > In many Puranas, the Buddha is described as an incarnation of

> > Vishnu who incarnated in order to delude either demons or

mankind

> > away from the Vedic dharma. The Bhavishya Purana contains the

> > following:

> > >

> > > At this time, reminded of the Kali Age, the god Vishnu became

> born

> > as Gautama, the Shakyamuni, and taught the Buddhist dharma for

ten

> > years. Then Shuddodana ruled for twenty years, and Shakyasimha

for

> > twenty. At the first stage of the Kali Age, the path of the

Vedas

> > was destroyed and all men became Buddhists. Those who sought

> refuge

> > with Vishnu were deluded

> > >

> > >

> > > prabhat mishra

> > > Dubai- UAE

> > >

> > > -

> > > prabhat shcil <prabhat_shcil@>

> >

> > > Fri, 19 Oct 2007 00:06:45 +0530 (IST)

> > > Re: Re: SOMEBODY HAS TO

SAY

> > SORRY - I THINK HE IS SRINADH

> > >

> > > Dear Renu ji ,

> > >

> > > Let me quote from PARASHARA- about Various AVTARA of

> vishnu .

> > First in english than in original sanskrit. Now what will you

> call

> > this - My point is only one , although BUDHA learning was

> > universaly present are true , relevant , should be followed by

all

> > being - But his life purpose was different . He was not only the

> > AVTAR of VISHNU but also the MAHAMAYA . ( and please meaning

of

> > MAYA is not just illusion )

> > >

> > > Ch. 2. Great Incarnations

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > 1. Maitreya: “O Maharishi Parasar, are the incarnations of

> > Vishnu, viz. Sri Ram, Sri Krishn etc., endowed with Jivans? 2.

> > Maharishi Parashar: “O Brahmin, the four incarnations, viz.

Ram,

> > Krishn, Narasimh and Varah are wholly with Paramatmans. The

other

> > incarnations (than these, out of the ten) have in them Jivans

too.

> 3-

> > 4. The unborn Lord has many incarnations. He has incarnated, as

> the

> > 9 (Nava) Grahas to bestow on the living beings the results due

to

> > their Karmas. He is Janardan. He assumed the auspicious form of

> > Grahas to destroy the demons (evil forces) and sustain the

divine

> > beings. 5-7. From Surya the incarnation of Ram, from Candr that

of

> > Krishn, from Mangal that of Narasimh, from Budh that of Buddha,

> from

> > Guru that of Vaman, from Sukr that of Parashuram, from Sani that

> of

> > Kurma (Tortoise), from Rahu that of Varah (Pig) and from Ketu

that

> > of Meen (Fish) occurred. All other incarnations than these also

> are

> > through the Grahas.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > अथावतारकथनाधà¥à¤¯à¤¾à¤¯à¤ƒà¥¥à¥¨à¥¥

> > > बृहतà¥à¤ªà¤¾à¤°à¤¾à¤¶à¤°à¤¹à¥‹à¤°

> ाशासà¥à¤¤à¥à¤°

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > रामकृषà¥à¤£à¤¾à¤¦à¤¯à¥‹ ये

हà¥à¤¯à¤µà¤¤à¤¾à¤°

> > ा रमापतेः।

> > > तेऽपि जीवांशसंयà¥à¤•à¥à¤¤à¤¾à¤ƒ

> > किंवा बà¥à¤°à¥‚हि मà¥à¤¨à¤¿à¤¶à¥à¤µà¤°à¥¥

> १॥

> > >

> > > रामः कृषà¥à¤£à¤¶à¥à¤š भो विपà¥à¤°

> > नृसिंहः सूकरसà¥à¤¤à¤¥à¤¾à¥¤

> > > à¤à¤¤à¥‡ पूरà¥à¤£à¤¾à¤µà¤¤à¤¾à¤°à¤¾à¤¶à¥à¤š

> > हà¥à¤¯à¤¨à¥à¤¯à¥‡

> > जीवांशकानà¥à¤µà¤¿à¤¤à¤¾à¤ƒà¥¥ २॥

> > >

> > > अवताराणà¥à¤¯à¤¨à¥‡à¤•à¤¾à¤¨à¤¿

> > हà¥à¤¯à¤œà¤¸à¥à¤¯ परमातà¥à¤®à¤¨à¤ƒà¥¤

> > > जीवानां करà¥à¤®à¤«à¤²à¤¦à¥‹ गà¥à¤°à¤¹à¤°

> > ूपी जनारà¥à¤¦à¤¨à¤ƒà¥¥ ३॥

> > >

> > > दैतà¥à¤¯à¤¾à¤¨à¤¾à¤‚ बलनाशाय

> > देवानां बलबृदà¥à¤§à¤¯à¥‡à¥¤

> > > धरà¥à¤®à¤¸à¤‚सà¥à¤¤à¤¾à¤ªà¤¨à¤¾à¤°à¥à¤¥à¤¾à¤¯ ग

à¥à¤°

> > हाजà¥à¤œà¤¾à¤¤à¤¾à¤ƒ शà¥à¤­à¤¾à¤ƒ कà¥à¤°

> > मातà¥â€Œà¥¥ ४॥

> > >

> > > रामोऽवतारः सूरà¥à¤¯à¤¸à¥à¤¯

> > चनà¥à¤¦à¥à¤°à¤¸à¥à¤¯ यदà¥à¤¨à¤¾à¤¯à¤•à¤ƒà¥¤

> > > नृसिंहो भूमिपà¥à¤¤à¥à¤°à¤¸à¥à¤¯

> > बà¥à¤¦à¥à¤§à¤ƒ सोमसà¥à¤¤à¤¸à¥à¤¯ च॥ ५॥

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > prabhat mishra

> > > Dubai- UAE

> > >

> > > -

> > > renunw <renunw@>

> >

> > > Thu, 18 Oct 2007 22:15:37 +0530 (IST)

> SORRY -

> > >

> > > Prabhath

> > >

> > > I respect your knowledge of history.

> > >

> > > Gautama Buddha was no MAYA but a normal human being like you

and

> I.

> > > Buddhism is not a religion but a philosophy. No one is

expected

> to

> > > accept what Buddha preached without verification. He

said, " ehi

> > > passiko' - come and see.

> > >

> > > blessings

> > >

> > > Renu

> > >

> > > ,

prabhat_shcil@

> > > wrote:

> > > >

> > > > dear renu ,

> > > >

> > > > I am not assuming anything about - sunga period - you want

> proof

> > i

> > > can provide - about the time of pushyamitra . Total sunga

> dynasty

> > > ruled for just 100 yrs - and most of the time they were

fighting

> > > with Yavans -( read Greeks or INDO Greeks) he assasinated

> > > Brhadrata, becuase he was going very soft in terms of

> > > administration and YAVAN were at MATHURA - and planning to

March

> > > towards Pataliputra.

> > > >

> > > > YAVAN king MENENDRA had become buddhist and most of the

> buddhist

> > > clergy of that time supporting him , now it was a war for

> national

> > > pride , Pushyamitra Not only defeated the MENEDRA - after a

long

> > > drawn battles - but also chased them acroos the sindhu in to

the

> > > present afganistan and was able to restore the unity of INDIA

> and

> > > safegaurd us against foreign attack.

> > > >

> > > > So he was the hero like Chandragupta who unified india in a

> > large

> > > empire ,

> > > >

> > > > Now regarding the GAUTAM the BUDDHA i was like to say only

one

> > > thing which is i am again 100% sure now as i did cross

> > > verification - was the AVTARA of VISHNU - but again timing of

> > > VISHNU PURAN is matter of controversy - so forget this .

GAUTAM

> > was

> > > really a great sage - his teaching was great - but so the

> teaching

> > > by all of our sages and RISHI , MUNIES , Because all this

> > > learning / teaching - brotherhood was the etho of INDIAN

> CULTURE .

> > > >

> > > > AND THIS CULTURE AND ITS HISTORY GOT DISTORTED MOSTLY AFTER

> THE

> > > INVASION OF ARABS / MUGHALS . EARLIER WHOEVER ATTACKED INDIA

> THEY

> > > WERE NOT ONLY ADOPTED INDIAN CULTURE TO MOST EXTENT BUT ALSO ,

> > > BECOME PART OF INDIA . MANY TRIBES LIKE SHAKA , KUSHAN ,

> GREEKS ,

> > > are such example - but later attackers tried to change not

only

> > the

> > > history but also our values . by that time INDIA had become

> > > cultural melting point - so many powerful BRAHMIN and other

> so

> > > called Kuleens - tried to create fortification by making

serious

> > > interpolation in our texts - inserting JATI PRATHA etc -

which

> > only

> > > resulted in downfall of INDIAN society.

> > > >

> > > > EVERY SOCIETY / CULTURE HAS ITS UPs and DOWN - INDIA has

seen

> > its

> > > golden period - during and before Gupta period - after that

> > there

> > > was its down fall - we will again see ITS GLORY.

> > > >

> > > > Onlything required is to be perceptive and dont follow

> bliendly

> > > what is available as hiostory . written by followers of MAX

> MULERs

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > prabhat mishra

> > > > Dubai- UAE

> > > >

> > > > -

> > > > renunw <renunw@>

> > >

> > > > Wed, 17 Oct 2007 23:11:07 +0530 (IST)

> > > > Re: SOMEBODY HAS TO SAY

> > SORRY -

> > > I THINK HE IS SRINADH

> > > >

> > > > Dear Prabhat ji,

> > > >

> > > > > ITS NOT YOUR FAULT - YOU ARE ALSO UNDER THE SAME MAYA .

> > > >

> > > > Oh....dear me!!!

> > > >

> > > > " Long for the wakeful is the night.

> > > > Long for the weary, a league.

> > > > For fools

> > > > unaware of True Dhamma,

> > > > samsara

> > > > is long. " - Dhammapada

> > > >

> > > > > And just one more question why there are not many

follower

> of

> > > > buddha in the land of Budhha .?

> > > >

> > > > I am glad you asked this question. May I ask why there is so

> > much

> > > > blood shed, poverty and class discrimination etc. etc. etc.

in

> > the

> > > > land of Buddha but with a handful of followers of Buddha.

> > > >

> > > > Let me add this too..I DO respect all religions. What is

good

> or

> > > bad

> > > > is not confined to one religion. It is a universal truth. It

> is

> > > the

> > > > reality.

> > > >

> > > > blessings

> > > >

> > > > Renu

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > prabhat mishra

> > > > > Dubai- UAE

> > > > > Mob No 00971508876536

> > > > >

> > > > > -

> > > > > renunw <renunw@>

> > > > > ancient indian astrology

> > > >

> > > > > Wed, 17 Oct 2007 22:26:23 +0530 (IST)

> > > > > Re: SOMEBODY HAS TO

SAY

> > > SORRY -

> > > > I THINK HE IS SRINADH

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Hi Mr. P,

> > > > >

> > > > > > 4. Any student of history will tell you ruling perioud

of

> > > > > PUSHYAMITRA was very short - before him there was a long

> > stinct

> > > > of

> > > > > buddhist ruler ( buddhist monk may have interest in

> distorting

> > > the

> > > > > text like RAMAYANA- not the poor guy Pushyamitra - who

ruled

> > for

> > > a

> > > > > very brief period )

> > > > >

> > > > > Please don't assume things which you or I are not aware of.

> > > > >

> > > > > " > 5. If you are aware in VISHNU PURANA - ( i may be wrong

> > about

> > > > the

> > > > > Purana ) becuase i read it some 25 years ago - when i was

> just

> > > 8/9

> > > > > year old - GAUTAM BUDHA was stated as another avtara of

> > > VISHNU -

> > > > > whose sole purpose was to create a MAYA - so people get

> > > distracted

> > > > > from their DHARMA - which happened in golden buddha

> period .

> > > yOU

> > > > > MAY ALSO CALLED IT A INTEPOLATION IN PURANA - "

> > > > >

> > > > > Kindly come out with the MAYA created by Gautama Buddha.

> > > According

> > > > > to my knowledge people got attracted and not distracted to

> > > DHARMA

> > > > as

> > > > > a result of the englightened path shown by Gautama Buddha.

> If

> > > > > following the 5 precepts;

> > > > > 1.abstain from taking anothers life,

> > > > > 2.abstain from stealing,

> > > > > 3.abstain from adultery,

> > > > > 4.abstain from lying,

> > > > > 5.abstain from consumption of intoxicant

> > > > >

> > > > > AND

> > > > > living according to Noble Eight Fold Path;

> > > > > Wisdom (Sanskrit: prajñ & #257;, P & #257;li:

> > paññ & #257;)

> > > > > 1. Right view

> > > > > 2. Right intention

> > > > > Ethical conduct (Sanskrit: & #347; & #299;la, P & #257;li:

> > s & #299;la)

> > > > > 3. Right speech

> > > > > 4. Right action

> > > > > 5. Right livelihood

> > > > > Mental discipline (Sanskrit and P & #257;li: sam & #257;dhi)

> > > > > 6. Right effort

> > > > > 7. Right mindfulness

> > > > > 8. Right concentration

> > > > >

> > > > > AND

> > > > >

> > > > > accepting suffering and happiness with equanimity, utmost

> > > > > compassion towards the world irrespective of caste, class,

> > > > religion

> > > > > or race, unlimited generosity, love, kindness etc. can be

> > called

> > > > > MAYA, you are right Mr. P.

> > > > >

> > > > > Note: Sreenadh ji,...I am very sorry if I deviated from

the

> > > > current

> > > > > subject matter. I hope you would understand my concern.

> Thanks.

> > > > >

> > > > > blessings

> > > > >

> > > > > Renu

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > prabhat mishra

> > > > > > Dubai- UAE

> > > > > > Mob No 00971508876536

> > > > > >

> > > > > > -

> > > > > > rpsingh1rp <rpsingh1rp@>

> > > > > > ancient indian astrology

> > > > >

> > > > > > Wed, 17 Oct 2007 16:46:49 +0530 (IST)

> > > > > > Re: SRINADH BEG

> APOLOGY

> > OR

> > > > > FIGHT

> > > > > >

> > > > > > comfort joker,then ask this guy to beg apology for

passing

> > > such

> > > > > > henious remarks on valmiki (non brahmin sage) lord

rama ,

> > > > hanuman,

> > > > > > agastya, lord vishnu and all deities who helped rama to

> > bring

> > > > back

> > > > > > mother sitha. this guy was becoming mad in his

greatness.

> > let

> > > > him

> > > > > beg

> > > > > > apology. keep quiet ~RP.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > ,

> > Arakampakkam

> > > > > > Thiaagrajan jagadeesan <atjags@> wrote:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > hi ,

> > > > > > > donot pump with mails , my mail is flooded .

> > > > > > > if wants fight on mail donot inconvenience others

> > > > > > > at

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > rpsingh1rp <rpsingh1rp@>

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Wednesday, October 17, 2007 4:16:48 PM

> > > > > > > SRINADH BEG

APOLOGY

> OR

> > > > FIGHT

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I m bursting with my anger - Srinadh!

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Why you are keeping your month shut, why dont you post

> > your

> > > > > chart

> > > > > > and

> > > > > > > proofs about intensional interpolations in valmiki

> > ramayana

> > > in

> > > > > sunga

> > > > > > > period only for insulting south indian dravidians.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > why u r hiding! I m here to check ur param gyan

(supreme

> > > > > knowledge),

> > > > > > > to give u a right lesson, you have a chance to beg

> apology

> > > for

> > > > > > making

> > > > > > > such a cheap remark on sage valmiki and lord rama. i

> will

> > > give

> > > > u

> > > > > > > proper teaching of astrology.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > ~RP

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Tired of spam? Mail has the best spam

protection

> > > > around

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > --

> > > > > > My life has changed. What about yours?

> > > > > > Log on to the new Indiatimes Mail and Live out of the

> Inbox!

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > --

> > > > > My life has changed. What about yours?

> > > > > Log on to the new Indiatimes Mail and Live out of the

Inbox!

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > --

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > --

> > >

> > >

> > > --

> > >

> >

>

Hi Dear,

You are so right, yes, leave the erotic figures and all alone. Those

who wish to be excited by the looks of these, well let them go ahead

and excite themselves.

After all in the days of old, no one live on jewels or troubles etc,.

etc.,It was all love and fresh air indeed!!! I agree with you, you are

so right in asking this question , yes, God said : Go forth Increase

and Multiply,hence, this was like open air teaching of increasing and

multiplying.

Our ancestors hardly used any clothes at all, baring their breast the

women flaunted their wares, and the men dangling their tools harldy

wore any under wear!!! So why bother about this now, the past is past,

and civilization has changed all this and made you and me ashamed of

exposing the boobs or the hardware and all.

Take it with a stride , we are here on this site to enjoy life and

share love which is free, till date, yes make hay while the sun

shines, look around and pick and choose the method , the manner and

the won you wish to enjoy your sex life with, only thing make sure you

use the proper condoms or you may land up with aids. Don't forget to

have a good bath when you enter home if you went around with others

,who you should not have touched, but go tempted by looking at all the

still available nude statues and poses and people on the street here

and there.

Go to Denmark , its there in real life, Romania too, oh no God's own

darlings, all standing here and there with hardly any wear.So enjoy

this site and write more words that can bring some joy, some fun, some

light air to easy the thick atmosphere and set us free once again dears.

We are all keyed up and glued to the site , with heavy fists waiting

to fly at each and every turn of event. Come on and relax a bit, its

after all festive season once again.Diwali with a bang , bang here

and a bang ,bang there,here a bang , there a bang ,everywhere a bang,

bang: Lighten up and enjoy the X'mas season round the bend.In Europe

the streets are all light up for the X'mas New Years, its now going to

beging November soon, start new topics and give some rest to these who

are down with BP, Sugar,Palpatation and more!!!! Heated topics sure

make me dizzy too, the heat is still on in UAE.

We can continue the hot topics during our UAE colder seasons please !!!

Enjoy the weekend and be back with more lighter stuff ,God Bless.

Barbara.

, " anstosrinadhco "

<anstosrinadhco wrote:

>

> Dear Sree Raam,

>

> Liked your mail, I wonder on the one hand you write so good on

> spiritual leader's mission but on the other u gave free hand to

> Srinad to abuse same classics which were read by those spiritual

> leaders and quoted in their lives.

>

> Where and what is confusing you.

>

> My villege is only 150 KM's away from Khajurao, I know much much more

> that any other person is supposed to know in internet community. I

> didn't understand what interpretition they people are trying to make.

>

> Somebody wanted to build erotic termples, he built, erotic idols are

> present outside of the temples. let it be there.

>

> Ok, if u want to understand and discuss, pls. discuss with an

> attitude, why u will pass judgements like they are built to seduce

> baudh monks.

>

> Suppose, i make an erotic idol, why only bauddha monk will get

> seduccted ?

>

> Can u answer man, or any one in the group will answer ?

>

> waiting ..

>

> regards,

> Lalit.

>

>

>

> , " Sre_eram "

> <sreeram64@> wrote:

> >

> >

> > Dear Kaul,

> >

> > excellent posting, though many of your emails though do not go

> into my

> > little head, but this one is good. Agreed that every incaranation

> has a

> > specific purpose. Extending the same logic to the five paths -

> Jnana,

> > Japa, Raja, Bhakti & Karma yogas, the defined ones, many of the

> current

> > - TV popular " swamis " may NOT be the really realized ones, but

> trying to

> > do some good marketing for his lord ship....!! Like Moses did for

> Jesus

> > { approx. 700 yrs gap between them !!}. Swami Vivekanand did for

> Sri

> > Paramhansa Yogananda & Sri Aurobindo Ghosh...so on so forth

> >

> > Each sect of swamis appeals to a group of people - the above

> mentioned

> > 3-Indian gurus addressed to the scientific temper people. While

> Swami

> > Prabhupada of ISKCON addressed to the emotional ones.....through his

> > teachings...

> >

> > It is important to note that whenever darkness prevailed, the God

> > appeared in some form to set things right. Similarly Lord Buddha

> > incarnation came at a crucial time of history. Many people were

> so

> > influenced by Lord Buddhar or Lord Mahavira that, people left their

> > homes to join him, leaving their families in doldrums. It created a

> > social problem with many men have left, the task of doing daily

> chores

> > and running the families....etc.....there was a social imbalance in

> > every aspect of it....... the kings of those days, found it tricky

> to

> > deal with the problem......so they worked out a plan to lure back

> this

> > " converted buddhists " through building temples in forest areas - the

> > most probable place for monks to be found - with some - pornographic

> > images -....expecting some " converted family monks " would return to

> > their homelands / families ....... { Example - Though much of

> > ill-famed Hindu temples at Khajuraho - popular for sex images, than

> for

> > the word " temple " }.

> >

> > To conclude this, recall the mythology episode, wherein Lord

> Parashuram

> > comes charging at Yound Prince Ram for having broken the " Shiva

> Dhanush "

> > { Lord Shiva's gifted Bow - archery}, prompting the Young Prince

> Ram

> > saying that he the Lord Vishnu has now incarnated as Young Prince

> Ram,

> > and the avatar Lord Parashuram should now take retirement !! -

> very

> > nice instance of - Handing over and taking over of daily

> > duties.......like in current office !!! - example of protocols set

> in

> > those times itself.....

> >

> > with regards,

> >

> > sreeram srinivas

> >

> >

> > , " Avtar Krishen

> Kaul "

> > <jyotirved@> wrote:

> >

> > Sushri Renuji,

> > Namaskar!

> > Excuse me for interjection! There is a sholka in the Gita 1

> (0/41),

> > readeing:

> > " yad-yad vibhuti mat satvam shreemad oorjitam eva va

> > tad-tad eva avgachha tvam mama tejoamsha sambhavam "

> >

> > " Whatsoever entity of outstanding essence, grandeur-ful or

> possessed

> > of high spirit, there be; each such know thou to be born from a

> phase

> > of My Radiant Potence " (Belvalkar's translation)

> >

> > As such, you can say Budha was a divine incarnation! We must also

> > remeber that every entity, including every divine incarnation,

> has a

> > specific purpose. Once that is completed/achieved/accomplished,

> that

> > particular avatar ceases to exercise that very influence unless

> it

> > is " shodasha-kala sampoorna

> > avatar " like that of Krishna or even Rama!

> >

> > Budha had a particular mission. So had the Mahavira. It could be

> that

> > at that point of time, animal sacrifcies were taking place at an

> > extraordinarily high rate. To counter that, " Avatars " like Budha

> > and Mahavira were a must.

> >

> > I wonder whether you know that even Narsimha Avatar had to be

> killed-

> > --yes literally killed---by Bhagwan Shankara through his " Shalaba "

> > Avatar, because Narasimha had tried to " exceed his brief " .

> >

> > In a sort of way, even Arjuna is an Avatar of Vishnu bcause

> Krishna

> > tells him specifically, " Pandavanam dhananjayah " -- I am Arjuna

> among

> > Pandavas!

> >

> >

> > With regards,

> > Avtar Krishen Kaul

> >

>

You are wrong here or rather I don't accept your version here. Most of the Buddhist monks during the period of Buddha had attained 'arahathood', the highest status a spiritual man/ascetic could attain. Such a person would not be distracted by ponographic images or even by a live Miss World coming behind them begging for their love. He/she accepted everything with equanimity. Nothing could stir their tranquility.

blessings

Renu , "Sre_eram" <sreeram64 wrote:>> > Dear Kaul,> > excellent posting, though many of your emails though do not go into my> little head, but this one is good. Agreed that every incaranation has a> specific purpose. Extending the same logic to the five paths - Jnana,> Japa, Raja, Bhakti & Karma yogas, the defined ones, many of the current> - TV popular "swamis" may NOT be the really realized ones, but trying to> do some good marketing for his lord ship....!! Like Moses did for Jesus> { approx. 700 yrs gap between them !!}. Swami Vivekanand did for Sri> Paramhansa Yogananda & Sri Aurobindo Ghosh...so on so forth> > Each sect of swamis appeals to a group of people - the above mentioned> 3-Indian gurus addressed to the scientific temper people. While Swami> Prabhupada of ISKCON addressed to the emotional ones.....through his> teachings...> > It is important to note that whenever darkness prevailed, the God> appeared in some form to set things right. Similarly Lord Buddha> incarnation came at a crucial time of history. Many people were so> influenced by Lord Buddhar or Lord Mahavira that, people left their> homes to join him, leaving their families in doldrums. It created a> social problem with many men have left, the task of doing daily chores> and running the families....etc.....there was a social imbalance in> every aspect of it....... the kings of those days, found it tricky to> deal with the problem......so they worked out a plan to lure back this> "converted buddhists" through building temples in forest areas - the> most probable place for monks to be found - with some - pornographic> images -....expecting some "converted family monks" would return to> their homelands / families ....... { Example - Though much of> ill-famed Hindu temples at Khajuraho - popular for sex images, than for> the word "temple" }.> > To conclude this, recall the mythology episode, wherein Lord Parashuram> comes charging at Yound Prince Ram for having broken the "Shiva Dhanush"> { Lord Shiva's gifted Bow - archery}, prompting the Young Prince Ram> saying that he the Lord Vishnu has now incarnated as Young Prince Ram,> and the avatar Lord Parashuram should now take retirement !! - very> nice instance of - Handing over and taking over of daily> duties.......like in current office !!! - example of protocols set in> those times itself.....> > with regards,> > sreeram srinivas> > > , "Avtar Krishen Kaul"> jyotirved@ wrote:> > Sushri Renuji,> Namaskar!> Excuse me for interjection! There is a sholka in the Gita 1(0/41),> readeing:> "yad-yad vibhuti mat satvam shreemad oorjitam eva va> tad-tad eva avgachha tvam mama tejoamsha sambhavam"> > "Whatsoever entity of outstanding essence, grandeur-ful or possessed > of high spirit, there be; each such know thou to be born from a phase> of My Radiant Potence" (Belvalkar's translation)> > As such, you can say Budha was a divine incarnation! We must also> remeber that every entity, including every divine incarnation, has a> specific purpose. Once that is completed/achieved/accomplished, that> particular avatar ceases to exercise that very influence unless it> is "shodasha-kala sampoorna> avatar" like that of Krishna or even Rama!> > Budha had a particular mission. So had the Mahavira. It could be that> at that point of time, animal sacrifcies were taking place at an> extraordinarily high rate. To counter that, "Avatars" like Budha> and Mahavira were a must.> > I wonder whether you know that even Narsimha Avatar had to be killed- > --yes literally killed---by Bhagwan Shankara through his "Shalaba" > Avatar, because Narasimha had tried to "exceed his brief".> > In a sort of way, even Arjuna is an Avatar of Vishnu bcause Krishna > tells him specifically, "Pandavanam dhananjayah" -- I am Arjuna among> Pandavas!> > > With regards,> Avtar Krishen Kaul>