IndiaDivine.org

Re:Vedic Astrology Conferences

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Shreenadhji, You are right, maybe all this new terminology is confusing atleast for me. Probably, Sayana/Nirayana are perfect to avoid confusion. Actually its only on the web that we find the "vedic" term maybe to relate astrology to India, otherwise, outside the web, astrologers like my mother (who dont use the web) use the Sayana/Nirayana terminology. Till I started using the web, even I wasnt much aware that people attach the "vedic" term to astrology. Anyway, thanks for clearing up my confusion. PS: I am also confused many times with similar changes in terminology and symbols/notations from one text book to other in mathematics. Regards,Vijay.Sreenadh <sreesog wrote: Dear Vijay ji, Using wrong terminology can cause much confusion. Actually - 1) Vedic Astrology = Sayana/Tropical Astrology (99%) 2) Non-Vedic Astrology = Nirayana Astrology (99%) It is to refer to the second that we use the words "Ancient Indian Astrology" or "Oriental Astrology" in this group (may be are we too using wrong terminology?). Anyway to avoid confusion people should better use the words such as - * Sayana astrology (Moving Zodiac + Fixed Nakshtra Zodiac) =the Vedic Zodiac/ the Vedic style/

Vedic Astrology. * Tropical astrology (Moving Zodiac starting with Equinox - both sign and Nakshatra) * Nirayana Astr0logy (Fixed Zodiac - both sign and Nakshatra)Love and regards,Sreenadh , Vijayanarasimha H Pakka <hpvijaynarasimha wrote:>> Dear All,> > "Vedic" term is glued to astrology simply because it arose out of ancient India. And anything very ancient in India is generally referred to as vedic, not that it arose exactly from vedas. Hence, I dont think is does much harm. For example, in probability theory there is a distribution known as Gaussian distribution. One fine day Pearson renamed it Normal Distribution. Now its known by both names, but no one in mathematics world is even bothered, because what they are interested in is the distribution itself not its name. Similarly I dont feel there is any

harm in calling astrology as Indian, Ancient Indian, Vedic, Hindu, etc.> > Regards,> Vijay.> > chandra_hari18 chandra_hari18 wrote: > The guys who speak of "Vedic Astrology" must make a look into> Satyarthaprakasam of Swami Dayananda Sarasvati. Where in the Vedic> tradition astrology is found? Where sidereal Zodiac is found?> > Swami Dayananda Sarasvati would have hanged these guys for allegeing> false contents in the Vedas.> > chandra hari> > , "Veronique Lerebours"> newyork1993@ wrote:> >> > Namaste!> >> > I just wanted to make you aware of some upcoming Vedic Astrology> Conferences that will> > be held in:> >> > 1- Grass Valley, CA> > In late August 2008.> >> >

http://www.yogafarm.org/astrology/jyotish_conf.html> > http://www.yogafarm.org/images/schedules/jyotishschedule08.pdf> >> > 2- The British Astrology of Vedic Astrology> > Conference is from 17 to 21 April 2008 in London.> >> > http://bava.org/private/conference2008.html> >> > 3- Also Gochara: BAVA's bi-annual Journal, has articles, important> festival dates, data, and> > keeps you in touch with all the developments in Vedic Astrology in the> UK and world-wide.> > Gochara is available free to all members.> >> > http://bava.org/private/articles.htm> >> > Veronique Lerebours> >> > > > > > > > Never miss a thing. Make your

homepage.>

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.