IndiaDivine.org

Vimsottari Dasa - List of Queries

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I am learning Vimsottari dasa for timing of events. I request Sunilji, Sreeramji to help out with my gaps in understanding***************************************************************************************I observe that if we take Vimsottari dasa starting from Lagna instead of Moon, the entire sequence of planets changes!! Hence the rules we should consider before taking Vimsottari Dasa started from Moon or Lagna - and this becomes important.One rule is that we take it from whichever is stronger.Query 1:How to decide which is stronger? One with more planets in quadrants from itself is stronger. Is this correcT?***************************************************************************************For simplicity I am starting only with Mahadasa (MD), Pratyantardasa (PD) combinations i.e Vimsottari dasa down upto 2 levels only.Say Mahadasa is of planet X.Antardasa is of planet Y.Consider X-Y period:Query

2: What if X and Y indicate opposite results. If X indicates gain of wealth and Y indicates loss of wealth, what should we predict a) Gain of wealth as indicated by X, MD Lordb) No change in wealth as X and Y are oppositeQuery 3: What if X does not signify wealth and Y signifiies gain/loss or wealth. Can the AD Lord Y give results that are not even signified/supported by MD lord X*******************************************************Query 4:Suppose Z is lord of a house and signifies results - Is it that these results are likely to give full result only in some period MD/AD of Z?Suppose X MD Lord is enemy of Z, Will Z fail to give results/give bad results in X period?Suppose X MD Lord is friend of Z, does it mean X will give results easily?******************************************************Query 6:Your comments on this statement:Planets in sirsodaya2 (head rising) signs give results (good or bad) atthe

beginning (first 1/3rd portion) of their dasa/antar. Planets inpristodaya3 signs (back rising) give results at the end (last 1/3rdportion) of their period and planets in ubhayodaya4 (both rising onlyPisces) give results in the middle (middle 1/3rd portion) of theirperiods.Is above same for benefic and malefic planets?Query 7:Suppose say lord of house is A and MD period is of planet X who is malefic and aspecting house lorded by A.So who has more say in what happens during that period - A or XThanksKiran

Now you can chat without downloading messenger. Click here to know how.

Guest guest

Hare rama krishna ,

dear Kiran ji

As usual very good question .

I will say wat ever i use and may be more learned members will correct us .

Ur first question i will adress here first

Lagna or moon ???who is stronger

How to see which one is stronger .Any rasi lorded by Lord (means Lord in his own house ) renders it strong .Also wel placed like exalted and if it is when aspected by guru,merc and venus like subha planets ( orsubha grahas in kendra and trikonas ) it makes the purticulat lagna more strong ,whether it is lagna or moon

. But in both case dasa phala we r doing lagna as the pivotal point .The functional benefics and malefics and every thing is calculated from lagna only .

Let us take another situaltion say both r stronger .or Moon is stronger .

so after 30 yrs moon sign can be treated as Lord and try to see dasa frm there .

there is also extention of this theory to sun sign after 60 yrs .As thses are tripods of lagna .

But as lagna is the smallest unit and As other vargas and effects and raja yogas r determined frm lagna itself ( other lagnas if u want u can do reserch )also the foundation of a chart is seen frm lagna and nabhasadi yogas ( which can influence a chart great level and effect is almost non dasa dependent -its my opinion ) ,i prefer to see frm lagna itself .

But before predicting to a chart in general way u should consider the chart as whole and evaluate the chart in general way .See the chart frm diffrnt angle .Aslo use karaka,lord and bhava theory for each effect .see whether it is delayed ,denied or early results .U can use each bhava as lagna too ( in another occassion madam neelam ji has shown it while discussing a girls chart ) ,always see each bhava and see its strnght using same theory ( also kendra and trikona strenght occuppied by subha grahas ).

As regrds to dasaphala analysis i hav written an article b4 and u can try to understand frm it and i will try to giv u directions offline too when ever possible .

here is the link for vimshottarry dasa analysis .

/message/2398

I hope i answered ur queries ,any thing i miss here u can ask for clarification

Also waiting more knowledgeable memebrs to correct me

regrds sunil nair

om shreem mahalaxmai namah .

, Kiran R <kiran.rama wrote:>> I am learning Vimsottari dasa for timing of events. I request Sunilji, Sreeramji to help out with my gaps in understanding> > ***************************************************************************************> I observe that if we take Vimsottari dasa starting from Lagna instead of Moon, the entire sequence of planets changes!! Hence the rules we should consider before taking Vimsottari Dasa started from Moon or Lagna - and this becomes important.> > One rule is that we take it from whichever is stronger.> > Query 1:> How to decide which is stronger? One with more planets in quadrants from itself is stronger. Is this correcT?> > ***************************************************************************************> For simplicity I am starting only with Mahadasa (MD), Pratyantardasa (PD) combinations i.e Vimsottari dasa down upto 2 levels only.> > Say Mahadasa is of planet X.> Antardasa is of planet Y.> > Consider X-Y period:> Query 2: What if X and Y indicate opposite results. If X indicates gain of wealth and Y indicates loss of wealth, what should we predict > a) Gain of wealth as indicated by X, MD Lord> b) No change in wealth as X and Y are opposite> > Query 3: What if X does not signify wealth and Y signifiies gain/loss or wealth. Can the AD Lord Y give results that are not even signified/supported by MD lord X> > *******************************************************> Query 4:> Suppose Z is lord of a house and signifies results - Is it that these results are likely to give full result only in some period MD/AD of Z?> Suppose X MD Lord is enemy of Z, Will Z fail to give results/give bad results in X period?> Suppose X MD Lord is friend of Z, does it mean X will give results easily?> > ******************************************************> Query 6:> Your comments on this statement:> Planets in sirsodaya2 (head rising) signs give results (good or bad) at> the beginning (first 1/3rd portion) of their dasa/antar. Planets in> pristodaya3 signs (back rising) give results at the end (last 1/3rd> portion) of their period and planets in ubhayodaya4 (both rising only> Pisces) give results in the middle (middle 1/3rd portion) of their> periods.> Is above same for benefic and malefic planets?> > Query 7:> Suppose say lord of house is A and MD period is of planet X who is malefic and aspecting house lorded by A.> So who has more say in what happens during that period - A or X> > Thanks> Kiran

Guest guest

Dear Kiran ji & Sunil ji,

Thanks for your questions & thanks for the answer too.

blessings

Renu

, " sunil nair "

<astro_tellerkerala wrote:

>

>

>

>

> Hare rama krishna ,

>

> dear Kiran ji

>

>

>

> As usual very good question .

>

>

>

> I will say wat ever i use and may be more learned members will

correct

> us .

>

>

>

> Ur first question i will adress here first

>

> Lagna or moon ???who is stronger

>

> ---.

>

> How to see which one is stronger .Any rasi lorded by Lord (means

Lord in

> his own house ) renders it strong .Also wel placed like exalted

and if

> it is when aspected by guru,merc and venus like subha planets (

orsubha

> grahas in kendra and trikonas ) it makes the purticulat lagna more

> strong ,whether it is lagna or moon

>

>

>

> . But in both case dasa phala we r doing lagna as the pivotal

point

> .The functional benefics and malefics and every thing is

calculated from

> lagna only .

>

>

>

> Let us take another situaltion say both r stronger .or Moon is

stronger

> .

>

>

>

> so after 30 yrs moon sign can be treated as Lord and try to see

dasa frm

> there .

>

> there is also extention of this theory to sun sign after 60 yrs .As

> thses are tripods of lagna .

>

> But as lagna is the smallest unit and As other vargas and effects

and

> raja yogas r determined frm lagna itself ( other lagnas if u want

u can

> do reserch )also the foundation of a chart is seen frm lagna and

> nabhasadi yogas ( which can influence a chart great level and

effect is

> almost non dasa dependent -its my opinion ) ,i prefer to see frm

lagna

> itself .

>

> But before predicting to a chart in general way u should

consider the

> chart as whole and evaluate the chart in general way .See the

chart frm

> diffrnt angle .Aslo use karaka,lord and bhava theory for each

effect

> .see whether it is delayed ,denied or early results .U can use each

> bhava as lagna too ( in another occassion madam neelam ji has

shown it

> while discussing a girls chart ) ,always see each bhava and see its

> strnght using same theory ( also kendra and trikona strenght

occuppied

> by subha grahas ).

>

>

>

> As regrds to dasaphala analysis i hav written an article b4 and u

can

> try to understand frm it and i will try to giv u directions

offline too

> when ever possible .

>

>

>

> here is the link for vimshottarry dasa analysis .

>

>

>

> /message/2398

>

</message/2398>

>

>

>

> I hope i answered ur queries ,any thing i miss here u can ask for

> clarification

>

> Also waiting more knowledgeable memebrs to correct me

>

>

>

> regrds sunil nair

>

> om shreem mahalaxmai namah .

Guest guest

Hare rama krishna

dear renu ji ,

Just saw ur message ,thank u for good words

regrds sunil nair

om shreem mahalaxmai namah

, "renunw" <renunw wrote:>> Dear Kiran ji & Sunil ji,> > Thanks for your questions & thanks for the answer too.> > blessings> > Renu> > , "sunil nair"> astro_tellerkerala@ wrote:> >> >> >> >> > Hare rama krishna ,> >> > dear Kiran ji> >> >> >> > As usual very good question .> >> >> >> > I will say wat ever i use and may be more learned members will> correct> > us .> >> >> >> > Ur first question i will adress here first> >> > Lagna or moon ???who is stronger> >> > ---.> >> > How to see which one is stronger .Any rasi lorded by Lord (means> Lord in> > his own house ) renders it strong .Also wel placed like exalted> and if> > it is when aspected by guru,merc and venus like subha planets (> orsubha> > grahas in kendra and trikonas ) it makes the purticulat lagna more> > strong ,whether it is lagna or moon> >> >> >> > . But in both case dasa phala we r doing lagna as the pivotal> point> > .The functional benefics and malefics and every thing is> calculated from> > lagna only .> >> >> >> > Let us take another situaltion say both r stronger .or Moon is> stronger> > .> >> >> >> > so after 30 yrs moon sign can be treated as Lord and try to see> dasa frm> > there .> >> > there is also extention of this theory to sun sign after 60 yrs .As> > thses are tripods of lagna .> >> > But as lagna is the smallest unit and As other vargas and effects> and> > raja yogas r determined frm lagna itself ( other lagnas if u want> u can> > do reserch )also the foundation of a chart is seen frm lagna and> > nabhasadi yogas ( which can influence a chart great level and> effect is> > almost non dasa dependent -its my opinion ) ,i prefer to see frm> lagna> > itself .> >> > But before predicting to a chart in general way u should> consider the> > chart as whole and evaluate the chart in general way .See the> chart frm> > diffrnt angle .Aslo use karaka,lord and bhava theory for each> effect> > .see whether it is delayed ,denied or early results .U can use each> > bhava as lagna too ( in another occassion madam neelam ji has> shown it> > while discussing a girls chart ) ,always see each bhava and see its> > strnght using same theory ( also kendra and trikona strenght> occuppied> > by subha grahas ).> >> >> >> > As regrds to dasaphala analysis i hav written an article b4 and u> can> > try to understand frm it and i will try to giv u directions> offline too> > when ever possible .> >> >> >> > here is the link for vimshottarry dasa analysis .> >> >> >> > /message/2398> >> </message/2398>> >> >> >> > I hope i answered ur queries ,any thing i miss here u can ask for> > clarification> >> > Also waiting more knowledgeable memebrs to correct me> >> >> >> > regrds sunil nair> >> > om shreem mahalaxmai namah .>

Guest guest

Dear Members,

The query on the seeing things from Lagna upto 30 yrs, then from Moon for the next 30, then from Sun ..etc.., is a google search inspired internet astrology, which is traceable to Sri B.V. Raman notes in his book on "My Experiments with Astrology"... reproduced by a member in a forum few years ago. Possible that intense astro_aspirants trying to leverage Google and test its search limits - chanced to read that email !!! leading to be posted in this forum for clarity.

It is flawed reasoning, for the native continuously evaluates things from Lagna, Moon & Sun perspective and going by above original query, it implies, that the native would use his -Moon-Mind, only after 30 yrs.

Need to look it from the angle - that the native partly leaves his "monkey years" { 1-30 yrs} behind and starts thinking rationally for it is possible he/she is married and is "expected" to behave with responsibilities.

At the age of 60yrs, retirement age sets in, the native now into "Sanyas" ashram life, is looking towards Sun-soul aspirations - i.e. more focussed as he prepares him/her self, for the next birth.

Analyse the original statement in the context of Four-stages of life - Bala + Brahamachari + Gruhasthasram + Sanyas...etc....

with regards,

Sreeram_Srinivas