IndiaDivine.org

TASMAAD JAAGRADA - BE AWAKENED

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Madhav ji,==>Natal dasas i.e., Druddha Karma....<== The above statement is wrong in practical context. Yes, of course it is true that Talakkulattu Govinda Bhattatiri in Dasadhyayi tells us that "Dasa prabhedena vichintayel Dridham" (One should understand the Dridha karma by the use Dasa), but the statement comes from better understanding. The following realities will clarify the same - * Take any chart and try to predict based on results given for Dasa/Antara in various classics. The dasa results are just based on Karakatva alone. Therefore the result would be that most of the predictions would be far away from reality. This will make the astrologer seem foolish. He will think - I predicted things based on Dasa; and the texts says that Dasa means Dridha karma and then why it is not coming true in practice?!! :) * The fact is - When Bhattatiri speaks about Dasa, he is considering the hierarchical co-relation of Yoga - Gochara - Dasa . For something to materialize from the chart - The related combination (Yoga) should be present in the chart; The currnt Gochara should favor the same; The Dasa results derived should be based on Yoga and Gochara (and NOT merely based on karakatva alone). Then only the result become Dridha. Thus Dridha karma (and the related result) means "a result supported by Yoga, Dasa and Gochara" (and NOT dasa alone)!!! Assuming that mere karakatva based dasa result would point to Dridha karma is a pit fall true astrologers who want to predict correct results should avoid. When Bhattatiri says "Dasa prabhedena vichintayel dridham" (One should understand the Dridha karma by the use Dasa) the statement becomes correct ONLY IF we are able to understand and interpret the meaning of the word DASA in the above context as understood by Bhattatiri himself.Note: Thanks for presenting a good subject, bringing in the great Bhattatiri and Dasadhayayi into the context. I loved the last lines you quoted - "Truth transcends only to a True Seeker". Beautiful!Love and regards,Sreenadh , "vrajleela" <vrajleela wrote:Dear membersAs I have already discussed on three ways of functioning of Karma inthis and other forums, I am hereby again reproducing it for the sake ofreference for both layman and a learned oneAmong five subtle elements viz., Isvara, Jiva, Prakriti, Kala and Karma,the first four are eternal and last one i.e., Karma is not eternalKarma manifests in three forms as rightly mentioned by Kalyana Verma:"Dasaa prabhedena vichintayeddhrudhamDrudetaram cha astakavarga gocharaihDrudhadrudham yogavasena chintayediti"This verse is requoted by Govinda Bhattatiri in his magnum opus"Dasaadhyayi"Meaning of this verse is, Karma in the form of Fate and Freewill willfunction in three ways:1. Druddha Karma - Definite Deed or Fixed, stable, strong Actionwhich is assessed through Moola Dasa in particular and Dasas in general.The result of this state is definite which means Fate dominates Freewilland hence the person is bound to undergo the good or bad of it and hecannot exert his free will. This state is similar to Solid matter. This is similar to Astronomy or Siddhanta bhaga of Jyotish2. Adruddha Karma - Indefinite Deed or Movable, unstable, weak Actionwhich is assessed through transits of planets called Gochara through atechnique called Astaka varga. The result of this state is indefinite orweak, implying Freewill dominates over Fate and hence the person canexert his freewill to mold or design his future and this forms basis forelectional astrology. This state is similar to a Gaseous matter. This is similar to Samhita or Mundane Astrology3. Druddhaadrudha Karma - Intermediate Deed or Dual, flexible, mediumAction which is assessed through combination of planets called Yogaswhich, as per Varahamihira' s Nabhasa Yogas in particular and other typesof Yogas as per Parasara etc in general can be studied. The result ofthis state is a flexible implying both Freewill and Fate actsimultaneously. This state is similar to Liquid matter. This is similar to Jaataka or Hora AstrologyAll these three states called Rule of Three (ROT) similar to SatyamShivam Sundaram are beautifully explained by Acharya Sripati in hismathematical model work called Sripati Jatakakarma Paddhati in a sectioncalled Ishtha Kastha Phala adhyayaTo me, Sripati and his followers are great rationalistic thinkerssimilar to present day giants like Einstein, Heisenberg, Newton etcComing to the present claims of PVNR,Had Al Gore been a candidate, I would have predicted with a high levelof confidence that he would win. Natal dasas and annual charts showexcellent raja yogas. Honestly, I am a bit surprised that Gore is not acandidateNatal dasas i.e., Druddha Karma, annual charts i.e., Gochara showexcellent raja yogas i.e., Druddhaadrudha Karma all in favor of a winIf so, why there is a new set of three states(in his own words) viz.,theoretically, practically and astrologicallyAre these three words are beautiful and clever way of describing hisincompetence or ignorance of Sastra?If so, give him credit for being a PLAYBOY, if not give him credit even,so that atleast from now onwards he accepts the greatness of astrologyso that this is not an another public stunt or gimmick and for being a COWBOY(Gopaala)Moreover, he can do favor by giving birth details of Al Gore (aka futurepresident of US!!! - hope so) to his students at least if not to hisforum aka Vedic-Astrology (a misnomer)Truth transcends only to a True SeekerJai JaiminiJai VarahamihiraJairadhe > vedic astrology> <vedic astrology%40> , "Narasimha P.V.R. Rao"> pvr@> wrote:> >> > Namaste friends,> >> > Several people sent me private emails asking me my prediction on US> elections 2008.> >> > Unfortunately, I am not satisfied by any of the charts presented and> don't feel confident enough to make a prediction this time. A reliable> and accurate chart is not available for any of the three candidates.> >> > Had Al Gore been a candidate, I would have predicted with a high level> of confidence that he would win. Natal dasas and annual charts show> excellent raja yogas. Honestly, I am a bit surprised that Gore is not a> candidate.> >> > Even now, I will not be surprised if a bitter deadlock between Hillary> and Obama forces the democratic party establishment and superdelegates> to do something unthinkable and broker an out-of-the-box solution and> Gore is unexpectedly thrown into the ring as a compromise candidate.> Though theoretically possible, this has an almost zero chance> practically. However, astrologically, this has a decent chance in my> view.> >> > Except for that outlandish take, I have no other prediction at this> time, sorry. :-)> >> > Best regards,> > Narasimha>

Guest guest

Dear Sreenadh garu(please don't take pains to explain the word gAru to this august group!!!)If you carefully observe my post, I have reiterated the words Natal dasas of PVNR (but not mine) and have attributed it to one of three karmas, and my intention of commenting on PVNR is to make realize the reader that: Why PVNR is trying to bring a third person i.e., Al Gore besides Hillary Clinton and Obama when Al Gore himself is not in the run? Moreover, if PVNR feels (or pretends to be a king maker with his astrological advise)that Al Gore is having excellent raja yogas (again his own words) why he should use strange words like astrologically, practically and theoretically?Now coming to your claim of exact meaning of DASA in the above context asunderstood by Bhattatiri himself, I would like to know about your understanding along with my understanding in this regard.To help readers too, we can start a series of conversation type of postings so that every one can understand and in this regard we will try to demonstrate with an example rather than talking broadly or vaguely. Truth resides in TruthJai JaiminiJai VarahamihiraJairadhe , "Sreenadh" <sreesog wrote:>> > Dear Madhav ji,> ==>> Natal dasas i.e., Druddha Karma....> <==> The above statement is wrong in practical context. Yes, of course it> is true that Talakkulattu Govinda Bhattatiri in Dasadhyayi tells us that> "Dasa prabhedena vichintayel Dridham" (One should understand the Dridha> karma by the use Dasa), but the statement comes from better> understanding. The following realities will clarify the same -> * Take any chart and try to predict based on results given for> Dasa/Antara in various classics. The dasa results are just based on> Karakatva alone. Therefore the result would be that most of the> predictions would be far away from reality. This will make the> astrologer seem foolish. He will think - I predicted things based on> Dasa; and the texts says that Dasa means Dridha karma and then why it is> not coming true in practice?!! :)> * The fact is - When Bhattatiri speaks about Dasa, he is considering> the hierarchical co-relation of Yoga - Gochara - Dasa . For something> to materialize from the chart - The related combination (Yoga) should be> present in the chart; The currnt Gochara should favor the same; The Dasa> results derived should be based on Yoga and Gochara (and NOT merely> based on karakatva alone). Then only the result become Dridha. Thus> Dridha karma (and the related result) means "a result supported by Yoga,> Dasa and Gochara" (and NOT dasa alone)!!!> Assuming that mere karakatva based dasa result would point to Dridha> karma is a pit fall true astrologers who want to predict correct results> should avoid. When Bhattatiri says "Dasa prabhedena vichintayel> dridham" (One should understand the Dridha karma by the use Dasa) the> statement becomes correct ONLY IF we are able to understand and> interpret the meaning of the word DASA in the above context as> understood by Bhattatiri himself.> Note: Thanks for presenting a good subject, bringing in the great> Bhattatiri and Dasadhayayi into the context. I loved the last lines you> quoted - "Truth transcends only to a True Seeker". Beautiful!> Love and regards,> Sreenadh> > , "vrajleela"> vrajleela@ wrote:> Dear members> > As I have already discussed on three ways of functioning of Karma in> this and other forums, I am hereby again reproducing it for the sake of> reference for both layman and a learned one> > Among five subtle elements viz., Isvara, Jiva, Prakriti, Kala and Karma,> the first four are eternal and last one i.e., Karma is not eternal> > Karma manifests in three forms as rightly mentioned by Kalyana Verma:> > "Dasaa prabhedena vichintayeddhrudham> Drudetaram cha astakavarga gocharaih> Drudhadrudham yogavasena chintayediti"> > This verse is requoted by Govinda Bhattatiri in his magnum opus> "Dasaadhyayi"> > Meaning of this verse is, Karma in the form of Fate and Freewill will> function in three ways:> > 1. Druddha Karma - Definite Deed or Fixed, stable, strong Action> which is assessed through Moola Dasa in particular and Dasas in general.> The result of this state is definite which means Fate dominates Freewill> and hence the person is bound to undergo the good or bad of it and he> cannot exert his free will. This state is similar to Solid matter. This> is similar to Astronomy or Siddhanta bhaga of Jyotish> > 2. Adruddha Karma - Indefinite Deed or Movable, unstable, weak Action> which is assessed through transits of planets called Gochara through a> technique called Astaka varga. The result of this state is indefinite or> weak, implying Freewill dominates over Fate and hence the person can> exert his freewill to mold or design his future and this forms basis for> electional astrology. This state is similar to a Gaseous matter. This is> similar to Samhita or Mundane Astrology> > 3. Druddhaadrudha Karma - Intermediate Deed or Dual, flexible, medium> Action which is assessed through combination of planets called Yogas> which, as per Varahamihira' s Nabhasa Yogas in particular and other> types> of Yogas as per Parasara etc in general can be studied. The result of> this state is a flexible implying both Freewill and Fate act> simultaneously. This state is similar to Liquid matter. This is similar> to Jaataka or Hora Astrology> > All these three states called Rule of Three (ROT) similar to Satyam> Shivam Sundaram are beautifully explained by Acharya Sripati in his> mathematical model work called Sripati Jatakakarma Paddhati in a section> called Ishtha Kastha Phala adhyaya> > To me, Sripati and his followers are great rationalistic thinkers> similar to present day giants like Einstein, Heisenberg, Newton etc> > Coming to the present claims of PVNR,> Had Al Gore been a candidate, I would have predicted with a high level> of confidence that he would win. Natal dasas and annual charts show> excellent raja yogas. Honestly, I am a bit surprised that Gore is not a> candidate> > Natal dasas i.e., Druddha Karma, annual charts i.e., Gochara show> excellent raja yogas i.e., Druddhaadrudha Karma all in favor of a win> > If so, why there is a new set of three states(in his own words) viz.,> theoretically, practically and astrologically> > Are these three words are beautiful and clever way of describing his> incompetence or ignorance of Sastra?> > If so, give him credit for being a PLAYBOY, if not give him credit even,> so that atleast from now onwards he accepts the greatness of astrology> so that this is not an another public stunt or gimmick and for being a> COWBOY(Gopaala)> > Moreover, he can do favor by giving birth details of Al Gore (aka future> president of US!!! - hope so) to his students at least if not to his> forum aka Vedic-Astrology (a misnomer)> > Truth transcends only to a True Seeker> > Jai Jaimini> Jai Varahamihira> Jairadhe> > vedic astrology> > <vedic astrology%40> , "Narasimha P.V.R. Rao"> > pvr@> > wrote:> > >> > > Namaste friends,> > >> > > Several people sent me private emails asking me my prediction on US> > elections 2008.> > >> > > Unfortunately, I am not satisfied by any of the charts presented and> > don't feel confident enough to make a prediction this time. A reliable> > and accurate chart is not available for any of the three candidates.> > >> > > Had Al Gore been a candidate, I would have predicted with a high> level> > of confidence that he would win. Natal dasas and annual charts show> > excellent raja yogas. Honestly, I am a bit surprised that Gore is not> a> > candidate.> > >> > > Even now, I will not be surprised if a bitter deadlock between> Hillary> > and Obama forces the democratic party establishment and superdelegates> > to do something unthinkable and broker an out-of-the-box solution and> > Gore is unexpectedly thrown into the ring as a compromise candidate.> > Though theoretically possible, this has an almost zero chance> > practically. However, astrologically, this has a decent chance in my> > view.> > >> > > Except for that outlandish take, I have no other prediction at this> > time, sorry. :-)> > >> > > Best regards,> > > Narasimha> >>

Guest guest

Dear Madhav ji, I was never part of that thread about Hilari or Obama (i.e. US elections) thread, and so don't have any comment on the same. :) I noticed the words "Natal dasas i.e., Druddha Karma" and was just reacting to the same.==>> Now coming to your claim of exact meaning of DASA in the above context> as understood by Bhattatiri himself, I would like to know about your> understanding along with my understanding in this regard.<== Of course I am intersted in a conversation about "Dridha-Dridhaadridha-Adridha" classification of Karma done by Talakkulattu Govinda Bhattatiri (the auther of Dasadhayi). It is a pleasure to have a converstaion about the same, because such mutual exchange of knowledge can improve our understanding about the subject and will also be beneficial to the group. ==>> To help readers too, we can start a series of conversation type of> postings so that every one can understand and in this regard we will try> to demonstrate with an example rather than talking broadly or vaguely.<== In a group - everything is conversation; and yes I will try my level best to present the my ideas as time permits. :) with love and regards,Sreenadh , "vrajleela" <vrajleela wrote:>> Dear Sreenadh garu> (please don't take pains to explain the word gAru to this august> group!!!)> > If you carefully observe my post, I have reiterated the words Natal> dasas of PVNR (but not mine) and have attributed it to one of three> karmas, and my intention of commenting on PVNR is to make realize the> reader that: Why PVNR is trying to bring a third person i.e., Al Gore> besides Hillary Clinton and Obama when Al Gore himself is not in the> run?> > Moreover, if PVNR feels (or pretends to be a king maker with his> astrological advise)that Al Gore is having excellent raja yogas (again> his own words) why he should use strange words like astrologically,> practically and theoretically?> > Now coming to your claim of exact meaning of DASA in the above context> as> understood by Bhattatiri himself, I would like to know about your> understanding along with my understanding in this regard.> > To help readers too, we can start a series of conversation type of> postings so that every one can understand and in this regard we will try> to demonstrate with an example rather than talking broadly or vaguely.> > Truth resides in Truth> > Jai Jaimini> Jai Varahamihira> Jairadhe> , "Sreenadh"> sreesog@ wrote:> >> >> > Dear Madhav ji,> > ==>> > Natal dasas i.e., Druddha Karma....> > <==> > The above statement is wrong in practical context. Yes, of course> it> > is true that Talakkulattu Govinda Bhattatiri in Dasadhyayi tells us> that> > "Dasa prabhedena vichintayel Dridham" (One should understand the> Dridha> > karma by the use Dasa), but the statement comes from better> > understanding. The following realities will clarify the same -> > * Take any chart and try to predict based on results given for> > Dasa/Antara in various classics. The dasa results are just based on> > Karakatva alone. Therefore the result would be that most of the> > predictions would be far away from reality. This will make the> > astrologer seem foolish. He will think - I predicted things based on> > Dasa; and the texts says that Dasa means Dridha karma and then why it> is> > not coming true in practice?!! :)> > * The fact is - When Bhattatiri speaks about Dasa, he is> considering> > the hierarchical co-relation of Yoga - Gochara - Dasa . For> something> > to materialize from the chart - The related combination (Yoga) should> be> > present in the chart; The currnt Gochara should favor the same; The> Dasa> > results derived should be based on Yoga and Gochara (and NOT merely> > based on karakatva alone). Then only the result become Dridha. Thus> > Dridha karma (and the related result) means "a result supported by> Yoga,> > Dasa and Gochara" (and NOT dasa alone)!!!> > Assuming that mere karakatva based dasa result would point to> Dridha> > karma is a pit fall true astrologers who want to predict correct> results> > should avoid. When Bhattatiri says "Dasa prabhedena vichintayel> > dridham" (One should understand the Dridha karma by the use Dasa) the> > statement becomes correct ONLY IF we are able to understand and> > interpret the meaning of the word DASA in the above context as> > understood by Bhattatiri himself.> > Note: Thanks for presenting a good subject, bringing in the great> > Bhattatiri and Dasadhayayi into the context. I loved the last lines> you> > quoted - "Truth transcends only to a True Seeker". Beautiful!> > Love and regards,> > Sreenadh> >> > , "vrajleela"> > vrajleela@ wrote:> > Dear members> >> > As I have already discussed on three ways of functioning of Karma in> > this and other forums, I am hereby again reproducing it for the sake> of> > reference for both layman and a learned one> >> > Among five subtle elements viz., Isvara, Jiva, Prakriti, Kala and> Karma,> > the first four are eternal and last one i.e., Karma is not eternal> >> > Karma manifests in three forms as rightly mentioned by Kalyana Verma:> >> > "Dasaa prabhedena vichintayeddhrudham> > Drudetaram cha astakavarga gocharaih> > Drudhadrudham yogavasena chintayediti"> >> > This verse is requoted by Govinda Bhattatiri in his magnum opus> > "Dasaadhyayi"> >> > Meaning of this verse is, Karma in the form of Fate and Freewill will> > function in three ways:> >> > 1. Druddha Karma - Definite Deed or Fixed, stable, strong Action> > which is assessed through Moola Dasa in particular and Dasas in> general.> > The result of this state is definite which means Fate dominates> Freewill> > and hence the person is bound to undergo the good or bad of it and he> > cannot exert his free will. This state is similar to Solid matter.> This> > is similar to Astronomy or Siddhanta bhaga of Jyotish> >> > 2. Adruddha Karma - Indefinite Deed or Movable, unstable, weak Action> > which is assessed through transits of planets called Gochara through a> > technique called Astaka varga. The result of this state is indefinite> or> > weak, implying Freewill dominates over Fate and hence the person can> > exert his freewill to mold or design his future and this forms basis> for> > electional astrology. This state is similar to a Gaseous matter. This> is> > similar to Samhita or Mundane Astrology> >> > 3. Druddhaadrudha Karma - Intermediate Deed or Dual, flexible, medium> > Action which is assessed through combination of planets called Yogas> > which, as per Varahamihira' s Nabhasa Yogas in particular and other> > types> > of Yogas as per Parasara etc in general can be studied. The result of> > this state is a flexible implying both Freewill and Fate act> > simultaneously. This state is similar to Liquid matter. This is> similar> > to Jaataka or Hora Astrology> >> > All these three states called Rule of Three (ROT) similar to Satyam> > Shivam Sundaram are beautifully explained by Acharya Sripati in his> > mathematical model work called Sripati Jatakakarma Paddhati in a> section> > called Ishtha Kastha Phala adhyaya> >> > To me, Sripati and his followers are great rationalistic thinkers> > similar to present day giants like Einstein, Heisenberg, Newton etc> >> > Coming to the present claims of PVNR,> > Had Al Gore been a candidate, I would have predicted with a high level> > of confidence that he would win. Natal dasas and annual charts show> > excellent raja yogas. Honestly, I am a bit surprised that Gore is not> a> > candidate> >> > Natal dasas i.e., Druddha Karma, annual charts i.e., Gochara show> > excellent raja yogas i.e., Druddhaadrudha Karma all in favor of a win> >> > If so, why there is a new set of three states(in his own words) viz.,> > theoretically, practically and astrologically> >> > Are these three words are beautiful and clever way of describing his> > incompetence or ignorance of Sastra?> >> > If so, give him credit for being a PLAYBOY, if not give him credit> even,> > so that atleast from now onwards he accepts the greatness of astrology> > so that this is not an another public stunt or gimmick and for being> a> > COWBOY(Gopaala)> >> > Moreover, he can do favor by giving birth details of Al Gore (aka> future> > president of US!!! - hope so) to his students at least if not to his> > forum aka Vedic-Astrology (a misnomer)> >> > Truth transcends only to a True Seeker> >> > Jai Jaimini> > Jai Varahamihira> > Jairadhe> > > vedic astrology> > > <vedic astrology%40> , "Narasimha P.V.R. Rao"> > > pvr@> > > wrote:> > > >> > > > Namaste friends,> > > >> > > > Several people sent me private emails asking me my prediction on> US> > > elections 2008.> > > >> > > > Unfortunately, I am not satisfied by any of the charts presented> and> > > don't feel confident enough to make a prediction this time. A> reliable> > > and accurate chart is not available for any of the three candidates.> > > >> > > > Had Al Gore been a candidate, I would have predicted with a high> > level> > > of confidence that he would win. Natal dasas and annual charts show> > > excellent raja yogas. Honestly, I am a bit surprised that Gore is> not> > a> > > candidate.> > > >> > > > Even now, I will not be surprised if a bitter deadlock between> > Hillary> > > and Obama forces the democratic party establishment and> superdelegates> > > to do something unthinkable and broker an out-of-the-box solution> and> > > Gore is unexpectedly thrown into the ring as a compromise candidate.> > > Though theoretically possible, this has an almost zero chance> > > practically. However, astrologically, this has a decent chance in my> > > view.> > > >> > > > Except for that outlandish take, I have no other prediction at> this> > > time, sorry. :-)> > > >> > > > Best regards,> > > > Narasimha> > >> >>

Guest guest

Hare rama krishna

dear sreenadh ji

Just one point i wanted to bring u r notice

leela ji was not commenting abt any discussions happened in this grp ,He was quoting PVR Narasimhas recent predictions on american elections which appear in various other grps

Pls continue ur discussions on diffrnt karmas and phalas ,karma and free will is always my favrite area of interest and i think except those who attach too much fatality to astro like everything is fixed and astrology is all abt that ,will be interested in these discussions

regrds sunil nair

om shreem mahalaxmai namah .

, "Sreenadh" <sreesog wrote:>> > Dear Madhav ji,> I was never part of that thread about Hilari or Obama (i.e. US> elections) thread, and so don't have any comment on the same. :) I> noticed the words "Natal dasas i.e., Druddha Karma" and was just> reacting to the same.> ==>> > Now coming to your claim of exact meaning of DASA in the above context> > as understood by Bhattatiri himself, I would like to know about your> > understanding along with my understanding in this regard.> <==> Of course I am intersted in a conversation about> "Dridha-Dridhaadridha-Adridha" classification of Karma done by> Talakkulattu Govinda Bhattatiri (the auther of Dasadhayi). It is a> pleasure to have a converstaion about the same, because such mutual> exchange of knowledge can improve our understanding about the subject> and will also be beneficial to the group.> ==>> > To help readers too, we can start a series of conversation type of> > postings so that every one can understand and in this regard we will> try> > to demonstrate with an example rather than talking broadly or vaguely.> <==> In a group - everything is conversation; and yes I will try my level> best to present the my ideas as time permits. :)> with love and regards,> Sreenadh> > , "vrajleela"> vrajleela@ wrote:> >> > Dear Sreenadh garu> > (please don't take pains to explain the word gAru to this august> > group!!!)> >> > If you carefully observe my post, I have reiterated the words Natal> > dasas of PVNR (but not mine) and have attributed it to one of three> > karmas, and my intention of commenting on PVNR is to make realize the> > reader that: Why PVNR is trying to bring a third person i.e., Al Gore> > besides Hillary Clinton and Obama when Al Gore himself is not in the> > run?> >> > Moreover, if PVNR feels (or pretends to be a king maker with his> > astrological advise)that Al Gore is having excellent raja yogas (again> > his own words) why he should use strange words like astrologically,> > practically and theoretically?> >> > Now coming to your claim of exact meaning of DASA in the above context> > as> > understood by Bhattatiri himself, I would like to know about your> > understanding along with my understanding in this regard.> >> > To help readers too, we can start a series of conversation type of> > postings so that every one can understand and in this regard we will> try> > to demonstrate with an example rather than talking broadly or vaguely.> >> > Truth resides in Truth> >> > Jai Jaimini> > Jai Varahamihira> > Jairadhe> > , "Sreenadh"> > sreesog@ wrote:> > >> > >> > > Dear Madhav ji,> > > ==>> > > Natal dasas i.e., Druddha Karma....> > > <==> > > The above statement is wrong in practical context. Yes, of course> > it> > > is true that Talakkulattu Govinda Bhattatiri in Dasadhyayi tells us> > that> > > "Dasa prabhedena vichintayel Dridham" (One should understand the> > Dridha> > > karma by the use Dasa), but the statement comes from better> > > understanding. The following realities will clarify the same -> > > * Take any chart and try to predict based on results given for> > > Dasa/Antara in various classics. The dasa results are just based on> > > Karakatva alone. Therefore the result would be that most of the> > > predictions would be far away from reality. This will make the> > > astrologer seem foolish. He will think - I predicted things based on> > > Dasa; and the texts says that Dasa means Dridha karma and then why> it> > is> > > not coming true in practice?!! :)> > > * The fact is - When Bhattatiri speaks about Dasa, he is> > considering> > > the hierarchical co-relation of Yoga - Gochara - Dasa . For> > something> > > to materialize from the chart - The related combination (Yoga)> should> > be> > > present in the chart; The currnt Gochara should favor the same; The> > Dasa> > > results derived should be based on Yoga and Gochara (and NOT merely> > > based on karakatva alone). Then only the result become Dridha. Thus> > > Dridha karma (and the related result) means "a result supported by> > Yoga,> > > Dasa and Gochara" (and NOT dasa alone)!!!> > > Assuming that mere karakatva based dasa result would point to> > Dridha> > > karma is a pit fall true astrologers who want to predict correct> > results> > > should avoid. When Bhattatiri says "Dasa prabhedena vichintayel> > > dridham" (One should understand the Dridha karma by the use Dasa)> the> > > statement becomes correct ONLY IF we are able to understand and> > > interpret the meaning of the word DASA in the above context as> > > understood by Bhattatiri himself.> > > Note: Thanks for presenting a good subject, bringing in the great> > > Bhattatiri and Dasadhayayi into the context. I loved the last lines> > you> > > quoted - "Truth transcends only to a True Seeker". Beautiful!> > > Love and regards,> > > Sreenadh> > >> > > , "vrajleela"> > > vrajleela@ wrote:> > > Dear members> > >> > > As I have already discussed on three ways of functioning of Karma in> > > this and other forums, I am hereby again reproducing it for the sake> > of> > > reference for both layman and a learned one> > >> > > Among five subtle elements viz., Isvara, Jiva, Prakriti, Kala and> > Karma,> > > the first four are eternal and last one i.e., Karma is not eternal> > >> > > Karma manifests in three forms as rightly mentioned by Kalyana> Verma:> > >> > > "Dasaa prabhedena vichintayeddhrudham> > > Drudetaram cha astakavarga gocharaih> > > Drudhadrudham yogavasena chintayediti"> > >> > > This verse is requoted by Govinda Bhattatiri in his magnum opus> > > "Dasaadhyayi"> > >> > > Meaning of this verse is, Karma in the form of Fate and Freewill> will> > > function in three ways:> > >> > > 1. Druddha Karma - Definite Deed or Fixed, stable, strong Action> > > which is assessed through Moola Dasa in particular and Dasas in> > general.> > > The result of this state is definite which means Fate dominates> > Freewill> > > and hence the person is bound to undergo the good or bad of it and> he> > > cannot exert his free will. This state is similar to Solid matter.> > This> > > is similar to Astronomy or Siddhanta bhaga of Jyotish> > >> > > 2. Adruddha Karma - Indefinite Deed or Movable, unstable, weak> Action> > > which is assessed through transits of planets called Gochara through> a> > > technique called Astaka varga. The result of this state is> indefinite> > or> > > weak, implying Freewill dominates over Fate and hence the person can> > > exert his freewill to mold or design his future and this forms basis> > for> > > electional astrology. This state is similar to a Gaseous matter.> This> > is> > > similar to Samhita or Mundane Astrology> > >> > > 3. Druddhaadrudha Karma - Intermediate Deed or Dual, flexible,> medium> > > Action which is assessed through combination of planets called Yogas> > > which, as per Varahamihira' s Nabhasa Yogas in particular and other> > > types> > > of Yogas as per Parasara etc in general can be studied. The result> of> > > this state is a flexible implying both Freewill and Fate act> > > simultaneously. This state is similar to Liquid matter. This is> > similar> > > to Jaataka or Hora Astrology> > >> > > All these three states called Rule of Three (ROT) similar to Satyam> > > Shivam Sundaram are beautifully explained by Acharya Sripati in his> > > mathematical model work called Sripati Jatakakarma Paddhati in a> > section> > > called Ishtha Kastha Phala adhyaya> > >> > > To me, Sripati and his followers are great rationalistic thinkers> > > similar to present day giants like Einstein, Heisenberg, Newton etc> > >> > > Coming to the present claims of PVNR,> > > Had Al Gore been a candidate, I would have predicted with a high> level> > > of confidence that he would win. Natal dasas and annual charts show> > > excellent raja yogas. Honestly, I am a bit surprised that Gore is> not> > a> > > candidate> > >> > > Natal dasas i.e., Druddha Karma, annual charts i.e., Gochara show> > > excellent raja yogas i.e., Druddhaadrudha Karma all in favor of a> win> > >> > > If so, why there is a new set of three states(in his own words)> viz.,> > > theoretically, practically and astrologically> > >> > > Are these three words are beautiful and clever way of describing his> > > incompetence or ignorance of Sastra?> > >> > > If so, give him credit for being a PLAYBOY, if not give him credit> > even,> > > so that atleast from now onwards he accepts the greatness of> astrology> > > so that this is not an another public stunt or gimmick and for being> > a> > > COWBOY(Gopaala)> > >> > > Moreover, he can do favor by giving birth details of Al Gore (aka> > future> > > president of US!!! - hope so) to his students at least if not to his> > > forum aka Vedic-Astrology (a misnomer)> > >> > > Truth transcends only to a True Seeker> > >> > > Jai Jaimini> > > Jai Varahamihira> > > Jairadhe> > > > vedic astrology> > > > <vedic astrology%40> , "Narasimha P.V.R.> Rao"> > > > pvr@> > > > wrote:> > > > >> > > > > Namaste friends,> > > > >> > > > > Several people sent me private emails asking me my prediction on> > US> > > > elections 2008.> > > > >> > > > > Unfortunately, I am not satisfied by any of the charts presented> > and> > > > don't feel confident enough to make a prediction this time. A> > reliable> > > > and accurate chart is not available for any of the three> candidates.> > > > >> > > > > Had Al Gore been a candidate, I would have predicted with a high> > > level> > > > of confidence that he would win. Natal dasas and annual charts> show> > > > excellent raja yogas. Honestly, I am a bit surprised that Gore is> > not> > > a> > > > candidate.> > > > >> > > > > Even now, I will not be surprised if a bitter deadlock between> > > Hillary> > > > and Obama forces the democratic party establishment and> > superdelegates> > > > to do something unthinkable and broker an out-of-the-box solution> > and> > > > Gore is unexpectedly thrown into the ring as a compromise> candidate.> > > > Though theoretically possible, this has an almost zero chance> > > > practically. However, astrologically, this has a decent chance in> my> > > > view.> > > > >> > > > > Except for that outlandish take, I have no other prediction at> > this> > > > time, sorry. :-)> > > > >> > > > > Best regards,> > > > > Narasimha> > > >> > >> >>

• 2 years later...

Dear Sirs,

Please help me to know where in Dasadhyayi text the details of these three intensities of karma can be found: dridha, adridha, and dridha-adridha. If I were to reference this location how would I list by sloka number. Please help me with the name of the author and sloka number, and a page number would be helpful too. Thank you very much.

J.G.