IndiaDivine.org

To Sreeramji, Chandrahariji, Sunilji, Neelamji and Renuji

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Kiran Rama ji,//Some questions on " grey " areas in astrology...//Either you make your grey areas white/blank by using Raman's analysis without getting the basics clear... ...Better is to study the better translations/versions of classics like BPHS, Saravalli, Phaldeepika, Brihat Jataka, etc. Go through them with a fine tooth comb and master them as much as possible with a lot of practice on charts known to you.

After that you won't need Raman as crutches, as would've learnt to walk at least if not run....All the best.Regardsneelam

Guest guest

Dear Neelamji,

Pls. don't get me wrong - I have greatest regards for you.

I have also tried going through the classics - but it is too

voluminous and time consuming. My idea of discussing this in the group

is to Get the expert opinion from those who have already spent the

time - so that we can discuss and generalize to the greater benefit of

the group as well (of course, I am also clearing my doubt here).

I am sure no one is perfect in understanding astrology and that is

explained by contrarian views of the same shloka of a sage!!

That is the beauty of this group - that we can discuss issues

independent of specific birthdata - diverse interpretations giving

multiple points of view!

My questions are not related to any chart reading - they are general

queries to understand chart reading better. I am sure many of my

colleagues in this group have similar questions as well.

Please let me know which chapters in classics to refer for this and I

am willing to go through them in my quest for learning astrology.

Especially the first question:

My questions below:

1. If a lord owns trine and quadrant, he is yogakaraka (this is

understood and good) and he is benefic for the chart. Doubts arise on

how to treat a planet when:

a) it is lord of a quadrant/trine and dustana (e.g: lagna and 8th house)

b) it is lord of 2 upachaya houses (e.g: lord of 3rd house and 11th house)

c) it is lord of a upachaya house and dustana (e.g: lord of 3rd and 12th)

d) it is lord of a non quadrant/non trine but sustana and a upachaya

house (e.g: Lord of 2nd and 11th)

e) lord of a non quadrant/non trine but sustana and dustana

(e.g: Lord of 2nd house and 12th house)

In each of the above cases, do we treat the planet as benefic/malefic

for the individual's chart?

2. One new thing I have observed is aspect of planet on rasi where

another planet resides is treated as afflicting/benefitting the planet

We have heard of graha drishti (which is desire of a planet on a sign)

but I read that benefic planet aspecting a house lord is good. E.g:

Sa is in 5th house and Jupiter in lagna aspecting the 5th house)

Is this as per traditions of astrology?

Thanks

Kiran

, " neelam gupta "

<neelamgupta07 wrote:

>

> Dear Kiran Rama ji,

>

> //Some questions on " grey " areas in astrology...//

>

> Either you make your grey areas white/blank by using Raman's analysis

> without getting the basics clear...

>

> ...Better is to study the better translations/versions of classics like

> BPHS, Saravalli, Phaldeepika, Brihat Jataka, etc. Go through them with a

> fine tooth comb and master them as much as possible with a lot of

practice

> on charts known to you.

>

> After that you won't need Raman as crutches, as would've learnt to

walk at

> least if not run....

>

> All the best.

>

> Regards

> neelam

>

Guest guest

Dear Kiran Rama ji,Please don't mind, I said it in a lighter vein. Actually I feel that studying directly from classics gives us an altogether different perspective which one loses when we go through interpretations. I am sure you must've been going through the classics, and it is a never ending process which we are all doing at all the times.

If you go through the chapters on Effects of Bhava Lords, Yogkaraka and all other chapters giving yogas as well as marakas, it will give you a good picture of what you're looking for. Also the yoga adhyayas laghu parashari for how planets behave, particularly in the dasha will be a good idea. Brihat Jataka, though very brief, is a good source of applicable dictums.

RegardsNeelam

Guest guest

Kiranji,I am another Sunil who is now in the group and the mail might not have been addressed to me . However I would like to say that Graha-dristi is probably one of the most important factors one should consider in a horoscope. In the Mahabharata the sage Vedavyasa was very concerned about the graha-drishtis. For example, he mentioned that the Saturn was giving trouble to Rohini. If the Brihaspati is in Lagna and Saturn is in the 5th house. Firstly Brihaspati is not an enemy of Saturn though the reverse is not true. So Brihaspati's benign effect of on the fifth house will not be effected. The Saturn in this particular case will have dristi on the 7th house and Brihaspati's benign effect on that house will nullify the adverse effect of the Saturn, if any, on that house. Then again Saturn's own position as whether it is exalted or debilitated will also matter.However if the lagna is Makara then the benign effect of Jupiter will be restricted. Thus

a short and crisp answer may not serve the purpose."kiran.rama" <kiran.rama wrote: Some questions on "grey" areas in astrology - Your inputs and subsequent discussions would be great 1. If a lord owns trine and quadrant, he is yogakaraka (this is understood and good) and he is benefic for the chart. Doubts arise on how to treat a planet when: a) it is lord of a quadrant/trine and dustana (e.g: lagna and 8th house) b) it is lord of 2 upachaya houses (e.g: lord of 3rd house and 11th house) c) it is lord of

a upachaya house and dustana (e.g: lord of 3rd and 12th) d) it is lord of a non quadrant/non trine but sustana and a upachaya house (e.g: Lord of 2nd and 11th) e) lord of a non quadrant/non trine but sustana and dustana (e.g: Lord of 2nd house and 12th house) 2. One new thing I have observed in Ramanji's book is aspect of planet on planet. We have heard of graha drishti (which is desire of a planet on a sign) but he says that benefic planet aspecting a house lord is good. E.g: Sa is in 5th house and Jupiter in lagna aspecting the 5th house) Is this as per traditions of astrology? Thanks Kiran

Guest guest

realy iappresiate ur knowledge.thanks

neelam gupta <neelamgupta07 Sent: Sunday, 25 May, 2008 1:08:36 PMRe: To Sreeramji, Chandrahariji, Sunilji, Neelamji and Renuji

Dear Kiran Rama ji,//Some questions on "grey" areas in astrology... //Either you make your grey areas white/blank by using Raman's analysis without getting the basics clear... ...Better is to study the better translations/ versions of classics like BPHS, Saravalli, Phaldeepika, Brihat Jataka, etc. Go through them with a fine tooth comb and master them as much as possible with a lot of practice on charts known to you. After that you won't need Raman as crutches, as would've learnt to walk at least if not run....All the best.Regardsneelam

Bring your gang together. Do your thing. Find your favourite Group.