IndiaDivine.org

Re:Period of Zarathustra

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Sreenadhji,I am finding it difficult to ignore the historical evidence including the Persian and the Greek records, I read sometime back, which state that Zarathustra was born around 600 BCE. Even the Zaroashtrians, I am told, believe in the tradition that Zarathurtra was born 300 years before Alexander,Regards,Sunil K. Bhattacharjya

Guest guest

Dear Sunil Bhattacharjya ji, May be we should go more deep into this subject - i.e. period of Zarathustra. Please give me some time. As time permits, I will try to prepare a detailed write-up.Love and regards,Sreenadh , Sunil Bhattacharjya <sunil_bhattacharjya wrote:>> Dear Sreenadhji,> > I am finding it difficult to ignore the historical evidence including? the Persian and the Greek records, I read sometime back,? which state that Zarathustra was born around 600 BCE. Even the Zaroashtrians, I am told, believe in the tradition that Zarathurtra was born 300 years before Alexander,> > Regards,> > Sunil K. Bhattacharjya> > --- On Tue, 7/29/08, Sreenadh sreesog wrote:> Sreenadh sreesog Re: Period of Zarathustra> > Tuesday, July 29, 2008, 11:00 PM> > > > > > > > > > > > Dear Sunil Bhattacharjya ji,> ? May be the following para by the auther of that article -> ==>> Zarathustra is the most ancient known Spiritual Master from Asia, probably followed by the anonymous author of the Rig Veda. It is commonly thought that the Vedas were memorized long before they were ever written down. It is thought that Alexander (the Great?) destroyed the original Zoroastrian scriptures, which were later rewritten from memory, so much was probably lost.> <==> ?? The author is right in pointing out that possibly Zend Avesta is a text and Zarathustra is a master AFTER the period of RigVeda. But possibly wrong in attributing an extra antiquity to Zarathustra than the Yaju, Sama and Atharva veda sages due to following Mix-Up which is well evident. i.e. He is mixing up (messing> up)?things.? > > ?? 1) The period of Zend Avesta: This is collection of quotes many of which?belong to the same period as that of Vedas. There is much similarity between Atharva Veda?and Zend Avasta. The period of some quotes available?in Avasta may go back?to even BC 300 or more. (So Zend Avesta in its oldest ancient form dates back to BC 3000 ⤦amp;quot; BC 1900)> > ?? 2) The period of Zarathustra: Zarathustra is a later day spiritual master who revived the ancient Vedic religion in new form. His period might be around BC 1500 AFTER the Vedic period.? ?(So the words of Zarathustra dates back to a period possibly around BC 1500) > > ?? 3) Ancient Zend Avesta quotes and the teaching of Zarathustra got collected in to a single compilation in a much later period Around BC 300 only. (The available compilation of Zend Avesta dates back to BC 300 only. So there could be many interpolations present in the current compilation) > > ? Who ever is discussing Zend Avesta and the period of Zarathustra without keeping the above 3 basic points in mind is confusing others; what the?author of that?article doing in the quoted para is also no different.? Hope this clarifies the issue.> Love and regards,> Sreenadh> > ancient_indian_ astrology, Sunil Bhattacharjya <sunil_bhattacharjya wrote:> >> > Dear Sreenadhji,> > > > I am referring to the following :> > > > <<<> > > > > > This email> message is a notification to let you know that> > > > a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the ancient_indian_ astrology> > > > group.> > > > > > > > File : /Spirituality/ Zend Avesta Of Zarathustra. doc> > > > Uploaded by : sreesog sreesog >> > > > Description : Zend Avesta Of Zarathustra> > > > > > > > You can access this file at the URL:> > > > http://groups. / group/ancient_ indian_astrology Spiritual ity/Zend% 20Avesta% 20Of%20Zarathust ra.doc> > > > <<<???> > > > It gives a lower antiquity of the Rig Veda.> > > > Regards,> > > > Sunil Kumar Bhattacharjya> > > > > > > > > > --- On Mon, 7/28/08, Sreenadh sreesog@ wrote:> > Sreenadh sreesog@> > [ancient_indian_ astrology] Re: Period of Zarathustra> > To:> ancient_indian_ astrology> > Monday, July 28, 2008, 10:58 PM> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Dear Sunil Bhattacharjya ji,> > ? I don't know which document you are referring to - please mention the link to the document so that I can refer to the same.? As far as date of? Zarathustra is concerned -?> > ??* This date must have been near to the end of the Adharva Vedic period.? Zend Avesta indicates a period in history when the ancient gods such as Mitra god discarded and the new god named Ahur Mazda became more popular.? Zarathustra is one of the prophets emerged during this period.> > ?? *? Since the Old Avestan language of Gathas (that are attributed to the prophet himself) is still very close to the Sanskrit of the Rigveda, it seemed implausible[ who?] that the Gathas and Rigveda could be more than a few centuries apart. (Ref:> http://en.wikipedia .org/wiki/ Zarathustra) ?> > ?? * The above points combined with several other arguments points to the possiblity that - Zarathustra lived around BC 1500 after the BC 1900 end period of?old Vedic culture. This is?my current understanding - though not sure how current it is.> > ?? * There happened several rivisions to the teachings/books/ writings of Zarathushtra due to the political turbulances happend in Iran/Afghanistan. ? This causes people to judge the period of zaratushtra, and usually attibute it to a later period such us the date of origin of Zoroastrian Calendar introduced by Ardashir I etc.?> > Love and regards,> > Sreenadh> > > > ancient_indian_ astrology, Sunil Bhattacharjya <sunil_bhattacharjya wrote:> > >> > > Dear Sreenadhji,> > >> > > Namaste,> > >> > >> > > In the uploaded article on the Zend> Avesta of Zarathustra? I find that the date of Zarathustra is not correct.? Zarathustra was born in the 7th century BCE, ie.about 300 years before Alexander the great occupied Persia by defeeating Darius-III. The father of Darius-I was a disciple of Zarathustra.> > >> > > Regards,> > >> > > Sunil K. Bhattacharjya> > >> >>