Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Sunil ji, Renu ji and all,

The story about the Vishakanyas who worked as spys at the

period of Chandragupta Vikramaditya is interesting; but may not be much

relevent as far as the concept of "Vishakanya" in astrology is

concerned.

In astrology why a girl is called Visha-kanya (Poison-girl)?

As per Jataka Tatva, it is because -

Sa durbhaga mritapatya dhanona sokarta [she will not have a

beautiful hip, she will give birth to dead children, she will not have enough

money, she would be sad always]

Or in other words it is the lack of beauty, wealth and luck that

makes her Visha-kanya. It is because anyone who marries her will have to

share her unluck and sadness. Actually it is the very reason because of which

she is called Vishakanya (Poison-girl); it is actually her own destiny and the

destiny she touch upon (her husband's) is what is actually poisoned, NOT she

herself. The astrological concept of Visha-kanya has nothing to do

with the deadly spy girls of Vikramaditya period. The

astrological concept of Visha kanya is very old and is older than the

Gupta period, evident from the fact that it gets mentioned in Rishi Horas.

Love and regards,

Sreenadh

, "renunw" <renunw wrote:>> Dear Sunil ji,> > Amazing!!!!> > blessings> > Renu> > , "sunil nair" > astro_tellerkerala@ wrote:> >> > > > > > > > Hare rama krishna> > > > dear grp and learned memebrs .> > > > This word i heard originated frm vishna kanyas ,which is used by> > indian kings and emperors for their inteligence work other wise > known as> > guptacharinies ( i think i use ocrrect word other wise forgiv > me ) ,so> > this girls are catch young ,who is extremely good looking and > trained in> > various aspects of intellegnce and even seducing arts ( kama > sutra )> > .Then mean time they will b fed with a spl ayurvedic potion which > is> > some herbal poison ,so constant feeding till they become mature > enough> > will make them deadliest like snakes ,and who ever even kiss or > sleeps> > with them will b dead next day ( its wat i heard ,may b next day or> > atleast their health will deteriorate ) where as nothing will > hppen to> > this girls or ladies ,so in intelligence laungage of old indian > history> > such girls known as visha kanyas( Gr8 vikramaditya period who says > he> > ruled till saudi arabia (hisorians says he is same chandra gupta> > vikramaditya a jain king but the mythology says old vikramaditya > was> > saivite and ardent devotte of siva and mecca Mandir of saudi > arabia was> > built by him ( now muslim holy place and masjid ) ,later period> > astrology take it this term only .> > > > > > > > This is just a background information how this word > originated ,literal> > meaning is visha ( poison ) kanya ( means virgins or unmarried > girls )> > > > > > > > some excepts frm gr8 astrologer late sri suryanarain rao dairy -he> > mentions abt a case ,where he rejected marriage of some boy with a > girl> > because girl has some deadly combination .And the boys family > cannot> > afford to loose this proposal ,so they even humilate the > astrologer and> > even verbaly abused him .And decided to go for this match .And > even told> > every body let us see what will happen ,if we dont observe this > stupid> > astrologers words .> > > > > > > > later on the day of marriage ,in nite the boy felt some electric > shock> > emnated frm the girls body and he was a sort of totaly helpless > and also> > paralysed and next day he fall sick ,his body was swelling every > day .No> > amnt of medical help was able to solve this problem and later this > boy> > sent a messge that he wanted to see Mr.surya naraina rao and he> > apoligised the astrologer for what happened in presence of all > family> > memebrs .> > > > and within weeks time this boy dead ( i am writing frm memory ,so > some> > facts may b diffrnt )> > > > this is also one of such cases of vishakanya yoga> > > > > > > > regrds sunil nair> > > > om shreem mahalaxmai namah .> >>

Guest guest

dear all,

The tantrics of the olden and golden eras, knew before hand when a

particular constellation and configuration would appear, and any girl

born in these configurations was chosen to be the Vish-Kanyas for the

Kings of yore because of their deadly potency, already given and

licensed by the stars. The astro part and the actual Vish Kanya parts

are synonmyous but the methods and process has been lost in the process

of time, which is why many dont know about this.

I know of a Vish kanya, in real life who is really one of the most

beautiful ladies one may have seen, of course she has not been given

vish since childhood, because that is not done in todays times, she has

been most succesful academically and professionally, and is married to a

husband who loves her very much. At time of her birth, one tantric did

tell her parents not to show her chart to anybody and throw it away in

the waves of the seas.

There are upayes which the tantrics know, which they use at the time of

such a girl being born , which removes their ill fated kismat ( Fate),

and helps them live normally. But if a bad tantric comes to know of her

birth, then she would be used to assist him in the ghory rites and

rituals for spreading evil. Which is why in the olden times, the

horoscopes of girls were not shown, to each and every Tom Dick and Harry

pundit coming at the door.

regards,

bhaskar.

, " Sreenadh "

<sreesog wrote:

>

>

> Dear Sunil ji, Renu ji and all,

> The story about the Vishakanyas who worked as spys at the period of

> Chandragupta Vikramaditya is interesting; but may not be much relevent

> as far as the concept of " Vishakanya " in astrology is concerned.

> In astrology why a girl is called Visha-kanya (Poison-girl)?

> As per Jataka Tatva, it is because -

> Sa durbhaga mritapatya dhanona sokarta [she will not have a

> beautiful hip, she will give birth to dead children, she will not have

> enough money, she would be sad always]

> Or in other words it is the lack of beauty, wealth and luck that

> makes her Visha-kanya. It is because anyone who marries her will have

> to share her unluck and sadness. Actually it is the very reason

because

> of which she is called Vishakanya (Poison-girl); it is actually her

own

> destiny and the destiny she touch upon (her husband's) is what is

> actually poisoned, NOT she herself. The astrological concept of

> Visha-kanya has nothing to do with the deadly spy girls of

Vikramaditya

> period. The astrological concept of Visha kanya is very old and is

> older than the Gupta period, evident from the fact that it gets

> mentioned in Rishi Horas.

> Love and regards,

> Sreenadh

>

Guest guest

Dear Sreenadhji,

Can Durbhaga mean Abhaga or unfortunate also?

Regards,

Sunil Bhattacharjya

Sreenadh <sreesog

Saturday, August 2, 2008 7:56:31 AM

Re: Visha kanya yoga/Astrological concept

Dear Sunil ji, Renu ji and all,

The story about the Vishakanyas who worked as spys at the

period of Chandragupta Vikramaditya is interesting; but may not be much

relevent as far as the concept of " Vishakanya " in astrology is

concerned.

In astrology why a girl is called Visha-kanya (Poison-girl) ?

As per Jataka Tatva, it is because -

Sa durbhaga mritapatya dhanona sokarta [she will not have a

beautiful hip, she will give birth to dead children, she will not have enough

money, she would be sad always]

Or in other words it is the lack of beauty, wealth and luck that

makes her Visha-kanya. It is because anyone who marries her will have to

share her unluck and sadness. Actually it is the very reason because of which

she is called Vishakanya (Poison-girl) ; it is actually her own destiny and the

destiny she touch upon (her husband's) is what is actually poisoned, NOT she

herself. The astrological concept of Visha-kanya has nothing to do

with the deadly spy girls of Vikramaditya period. The

astrological concept of Visha kanya is very old and is older than the

Gupta period, evident from the fact that it gets mentioned in Rishi Horas.

Love and regards,

Sreenadh

Guest guest

Hare rama krishna

dear sreenadh ji

There were always rishis and king s and emperers in indian history which has an unborken history tho at times it gone to dark ages .If there is no captain the ship will not sail .

even during budha's birth some one mentioned he will b a emperor or a gr8 sanyasi ( may b seeing the time of birth or face of kid ) ,Budha chose to become 2nd .

i think indian history of real civic life shud b some thing 60000 yrs old ( even osho rajnesh said abt this ) ,which need not suit to modern scientific version of history .

I am sure the gr8 emperor vikramaditya and the chandragupta vikramaditya is not same .no where in stories they match with any thing .

pls think abt bhardwaj samhita and its all abt vimana sastra and missile technology .if there is no central rule why rishis designed such a sastra .Its all abt spying ,space travels and use of arsenals etc.I read some where that the radio activity is higher in idus vallley belt where there is a lost civilasation ,is it showing the use of some atomic weapons ??some crude atomic technology and we lost it ??

so which come first is almost like egg and chicken question .but one thing is sure only a centralised life can produce such sastras in india .Even if one rishi wrote it in compendiu, form ,is only shows he learned it and compiled it ,it does not show he originate it .So it will b only possible in a society who requires all this and reserch and devlpment is possible and royal patronage is there without any tensions ( sponsorship in modern parlance )

even i read many incidents in arab history .Alwys showing their connection to india ( rather over dependence ) but modern historians given many title to arabs ( see words Al kali for chemicals ( most of arab nouns start with AL ) also indian numerals ( which was used by indian traders to mark baggage in ships) are known as arabic numerals in english ,which arabs says not arabic .)

again i will tell u so many exmples ,The swords used by arab warriers are known as damascus swords ( i think its in syria -once was big market ,but all those swords were coming frm india where there is iron ores r avilable in plenty and mettrllergy was in peak )

same is true for many construction materials used in arabia teak wood to coir .Even see their rice eating habbits ( how paddy will grow in desert ??) That is why i said overdependence with india which lost because of oil money and religious hard stands .

i make my mail short here ,as i cannot write in real order of matters in english .

regrds sunil nair

om shreem mahalaxmai namah

, "Sreenadh" <sreesog wrote:>> > Dear Sunil ji, Renu ji and all,> The story about the Vishakanyas who worked as spys at the period of > Chandragupta Vikramaditya is interesting; but may not be much relevent> as far as the concept of "Vishakanya" in astrology is concerned.> In astrology why a girl is called Visha-kanya (Poison-girl)?> As per Jataka Tatva, it is because -> Sa durbhaga mritapatya dhanona sokarta [she will not have a> beautiful hip, she will give birth to dead children, she will not have> enough money, she would be sad always]> Or in other words it is the lack of beauty, wealth and luck that> makes her Visha-kanya. It is because anyone who marries her will have> to share her unluck and sadness. Actually it is the very reason because> of which she is called Vishakanya (Poison-girl); it is actually her own> destiny and the destiny she touch upon (her husband's) is what is> actually poisoned, NOT she herself. The astrological concept of> Visha-kanya has nothing to do with the deadly spy girls of Vikramaditya> period. The astrological concept of Visha kanya is very old and is> older than the Gupta period, evident from the fact that it gets> mentioned in Rishi Horas.> Love and regards,> Sreenadh> , "renunw" renunw@> wrote:> >> > Dear Sunil ji,> >> > Amazing!!!!> >> > blessings> >> > Renu> >> > , "sunil nair"> > astro_tellerkerala@ wrote:> > >> > >> > >> > >> > > Hare rama krishna> > >> > > dear grp and learned memebrs .> > >> > > This word i heard originated frm vishna kanyas ,which is used by> > > indian kings and emperors for their inteligence work other wise> > known as> > > guptacharinies ( i think i use ocrrect word other wise forgiv> > me ) ,so> > > this girls are catch young ,who is extremely good looking and> > trained in> > > various aspects of intellegnce and even seducing arts ( kama> > sutra )> > > .Then mean time they will b fed with a spl ayurvedic potion which> > is> > > some herbal poison ,so constant feeding till they become mature> > enough> > > will make them deadliest like snakes ,and who ever even kiss or> > sleeps> > > with them will b dead next day ( its wat i heard ,may b next day or> > > atleast their health will deteriorate ) where as nothing will> > hppen to> > > this girls or ladies ,so in intelligence laungage of old indian> > history> > > such girls known as visha kanyas( Gr8 vikramaditya period who says> > he> > > ruled till saudi arabia (hisorians says he is same chandra gupta> > > vikramaditya a jain king but the mythology says old vikramaditya> > was> > > saivite and ardent devotte of siva and mecca Mandir of saudi> > arabia was> > > built by him ( now muslim holy place and masjid ) ,later period> > > astrology take it this term only .> > >> > >> > >> > > This is just a background information how this word> > originated ,literal> > > meaning is visha ( poison ) kanya ( means virgins or unmarried> > girls )> > >> > >> > >> > > some excepts frm gr8 astrologer late sri suryanarain rao dairy -he> > > mentions abt a case ,where he rejected marriage of some boy with a> > girl> > > because girl has some deadly combination .And the boys family> > cannot> > > afford to loose this proposal ,so they even humilate the> > astrologer and> > > even verbaly abused him .And decided to go for this match .And> > even told> > > every body let us see what will happen ,if we dont observe this> > stupid> > > astrologers words .> > >> > >> > >> > > later on the day of marriage ,in nite the boy felt some electric> > shock> > > emnated frm the girls body and he was a sort of totaly helpless> > and also> > > paralysed and next day he fall sick ,his body was swelling every> > day .No> > > amnt of medical help was able to solve this problem and later this> > boy> > > sent a messge that he wanted to see Mr.surya naraina rao and he> > > apoligised the astrologer for what happened in presence of all> > family> > > memebrs .> > >> > > and within weeks time this boy dead ( i am writing frm memory ,so> > some> > > facts may b diffrnt )> > >> > > this is also one of such cases of vishakanya yoga> > >> > >> > >> > > regrds sunil nair> > >> > > om shreem mahalaxmai namah .> > >> >>

Guest guest

Dear Sunil Bhattacharjya ji,

No - Bhaga and Bhagya are different words with differnet meanings.

Bhaga actually means the sexual organ of

women. Dur-bhaga means bad sexual organ. Actually I have

mildly/wrongly earlier transilated it as non-beautiful hip. Why

she is Durbhaga - may be due to lack of beauty, or may be due to

diseases, or may be because she is a prostitute. Interprest

as you like.

Bhagya means luck. Dur-bhaga and

Dur-bhagya are entierly different things. 'Dur' means 'Bad' ; Dur-Bhaga

(Bad sexual organ) and Dur-Bhagya (Bad-Luck).

Love and regards,

Sreenadh

, Sunil Bhattacharjya <sunil_bhattacharjya wrote:>> Dear Sreenadhji, > > Can Durbhaga mean Abhaga or unfortunate also?> > Regards,> > Sunil Bhattacharjya> > > > > > Sreenadh sreesog > Saturday, August 2, 2008 7:56:31 AM> Re: Visha kanya yoga/Astrological concept> > > Dear Sunil ji, Renu ji and all,> The story about the Vishakanyas who worked as spys at the> period of Chandragupta Vikramaditya is interesting; but may not be much> relevent as far as the concept of "Vishakanya" in astrology is> concerned. > In astrology why a girl is called Visha-kanya (Poison-girl) ? > As per Jataka Tatva, it is because - > Sa durbhaga mritapatya dhanona sokarta [she will not have a> beautiful hip, she will give birth to dead children, she will not have enough> money, she would be sad always] > Or in other words it is the lack of beauty, wealth and luck that> makes her Visha-kanya. It is because anyone who marries her will have to> share her unluck and sadness. Actually it is the very reason because of which> she is called Vishakanya (Poison-girl) ; it is actually her own destiny and the> destiny she touch upon (her husband's) is what is actually poisoned, NOT she> herself. The astrological concept of Visha-kanya has nothing to do> with the deadly spy girls of Vikramaditya period. The > astrological concept of Visha kanya is very old and is older than the> Gupta period, evident from the fact that it gets mentioned in Rishi Horas. > Love and regards,> Sreenadh>

Guest guest

Dear Sunil ji,

Thanks for the nice post - it was very informative.

Love and regards,

Sreenadh

, "sunil nair" <astro_tellerkerala wrote:

Re: Visha kanya yoga/Astrological concept

Hare rama krishna

dear sreenadh ji

There

were always rishis and king s and emperers in indian history which has

an unborken history tho at times it gone to dark ages .If there is no

captain the ship will not sail .

even

during budha's birth some one mentioned he will b a emperor or a gr8

sanyasi ( may b seeing the time of birth or face of kid ) ,Budha chose

to become 2nd .

i think

indian history of real civic life shud b some thing 60000 yrs old (

even osho rajnesh said abt this ) ,which need not suit to modern

scientific version of history .

I am sure

the gr8 emperor vikramaditya and the chandragupta vikramaditya is not

same .no where in stories they match with any thing .

pls think

abt bhardwaj samhita and its all abt vimana sastra and missile

technology .if there is no central rule why rishis designed such a

sastra .Its all abt spying ,space travels and use of arsenals etc.I

read some where that the radio activity is higher in idus vallley belt

where there is a lost civilasation ,is it showing the use of some

atomic weapons ??some crude atomic technology and we lost it ??

so which

come first is almost like egg and chicken question .but one thing is

sure only a centralised life can produce such sastras in india .Even if

one rishi wrote it in compendiu, form ,is only shows he learned it and

compiled it ,it does not show he originate it .So it will b only

possible in a society who requires all this and reserch and devlpment

is possible and royal patronage is there without any tensions (

sponsorship in modern parlance )

even i

read many incidents in arab history .Alwys showing their connection to

india ( rather over dependence ) but modern historians given many title

to arabs ( see words Al kali for chemicals ( most of arab nouns start

with AL ) also indian numerals ( which was used by indian traders to

mark baggage in ships) are known as arabic numerals in english ,which

arabs says not arabic .)

again i

will tell u so many exmples ,The swords used by arab warriers are known

as damascus swords ( i think its in syria -once was big market ,but all

those swords were coming frm india where there is iron ores r avilable

in plenty and mettrllergy was in peak )

same is

true for many construction materials used in arabia teak wood to coir

..Even see their rice eating habbits ( how paddy will grow in desert ??)

That is why i said overdependence with india which lost because of oil

money and religious hard stands .

i make my mail short here ,as i cannot write in real order of matters in english .

regrds sunil nair

om shreem mahalaxmai namah

, "Sreenadh" <sreesog wrote:

>

>

> Dear Sunil ji, Renu ji and all,

> The story about the Vishakanyas who worked as spys at the period of

> Chandragupta Vikramaditya is interesting; but may not be much relevent

> as far as the concept of "Vishakanya" in astrology is concerned.

> In astrology why a girl is called Visha-kanya (Poison-girl)?

> As per Jataka Tatva, it is because -

> Sa durbhaga mritapatya dhanona sokarta [she will not have a

> beautiful hip, she will give birth to dead children, she will not have

> enough money, she would be sad always]

> Or in other words it is the lack of beauty, wealth and luck that

> makes her Visha-kanya. It is because anyone who marries her will have

> to share her unluck and sadness. Actually it is the very reason because

> of which she is called Vishakanya (Poison-girl); it is actually her own

> destiny and the destiny she touch upon (her husband's) is what is

> actually poisoned, NOT she herself. The astrological concept of

> Visha-kanya has nothing to do with the deadly spy girls of Vikramaditya

> period. The astrological concept of Visha kanya is very old and is

> older than the Gupta period, evident from the fact that it gets

> mentioned in Rishi Horas.

> Love and regards,

> Sreenadh

> , "renunw" renunw@

> wrote:

> >

> > Dear Sunil ji,

> >

> > Amazing!!!!

> >

> > blessings

> >

> > Renu

Guest guest

Hare ramakrishna

dear sreenadh ji

thanks

regrds sunil nair

om shreem mahalaxmai namah .

, "Sreenadh" <sreesog wrote:>> Dear Sunil ji,> Thanks for the nice post - it was very informative.> Love and regards,> Sreenadh> > , "sunil nair"> astro_tellerkerala@ wrote:> Re: Visha kanya yoga/Astrological concept> > Hare rama krishna> > dear sreenadh ji> > There were always rishis and king s and emperers in indian history> which has an unborken history tho at times it gone to dark ages .If> there is no captain the ship will not sail .> > even during budha's birth some one mentioned he will b a emperor or a> gr8 sanyasi ( may b seeing the time of birth or face of kid ) ,Budha> chose to become 2nd .> > i think indian history of real civic life shud b some thing 60000 yrs> old ( even osho rajnesh said abt this ) ,which need not suit to modern> scientific version of history .> > I am sure the gr8 emperor vikramaditya and the chandragupta vikramaditya> is not same .no where in stories they match with any thing .> > pls think abt bhardwaj samhita and its all abt vimana sastra and missile> technology .if there is no central rule why rishis designed such a> sastra .Its all abt spying ,space travels and use of arsenals etc.I read> some where that the radio activity is higher in idus vallley belt where> there is a lost civilasation ,is it showing the use of some atomic> weapons ??some crude atomic technology and we lost it ??> > so which come first is almost like egg and chicken question .but one> thing is sure only a centralised life can produce such sastras in india> .Even if one rishi wrote it in compendiu, form ,is only shows he learned> it and compiled it ,it does not show he originate it .So it will b only> possible in a society who requires all this and reserch and devlpment is> possible and royal patronage is there without any tensions ( sponsorship> in modern parlance )> > even i read many incidents in arab history .Alwys showing their> connection to india ( rather over dependence ) but modern historians> given many title to arabs ( see words Al kali for chemicals ( most of> arab nouns start with AL ) also indian numerals ( which was used by> indian traders to mark baggage in ships) are known as arabic numerals in> english ,which arabs says not arabic .)> > again i will tell u so many exmples ,The swords used by arab warriers> are known as damascus swords ( i think its in syria -once was big market> ,but all those swords were coming frm india where there is iron ores r> avilable in plenty and mettrllergy was in peak )> > same is true for many construction materials used in arabia teak wood to> coir .Even see their rice eating habbits ( how paddy will grow in desert> ??) That is why i said overdependence with india which lost because of> oil money and religious hard stands .> > > > i make my mail short here ,as i cannot write in real order of matters> in english .> > regrds sunil nair> > om shreem mahalaxmai namah> , "Sreenadh"> sreesog@ wrote:> >> >> > Dear Sunil ji, Renu ji and all,> > The story about the Vishakanyas who worked as spys at the period of> > Chandragupta Vikramaditya is interesting; but may not be much relevent> > as far as the concept of "Vishakanya" in astrology is concerned.> > In astrology why a girl is called Visha-kanya (Poison-girl)?> > As per Jataka Tatva, it is because -> > Sa durbhaga mritapatya dhanona sokarta [she will not have a> > beautiful hip, she will give birth to dead children, she will not have> > enough money, she would be sad always]> > Or in other words it is the lack of beauty, wealth and luck that> > makes her Visha-kanya. It is because anyone who marries her will have> > to share her unluck and sadness. Actually it is the very reason> because> > of which she is called Vishakanya (Poison-girl); it is actually her> own> > destiny and the destiny she touch upon (her husband's) is what is> > actually poisoned, NOT she herself. The astrological concept of> > Visha-kanya has nothing to do with the deadly spy girls of> Vikramaditya> > period. The astrological concept of Visha kanya is very old and is> > older than the Gupta period, evident from the fact that it gets> > mentioned in Rishi Horas.> > Love and regards,> > Sreenadh> > , "renunw" renunw@> > wrote:> > >> > > Dear Sunil ji,> > >> > > Amazing!!!!> > >> > > blessings> > >> > > Renu>

Guest guest

Hare rama krishna

dear sreenadh ji and sunil bhattacharya ji

Bhaga has another meaning aishwaryam ( or prosperous is it write translation )

remebr the words bhagavan and bhagavathi

so durbhaga means having opposite qulaities ,the problem with sanskrit is 100 meanings .

offcource root word may b come frm female genital organ but we shud think that always genital organs r considered as symbol of creation ,prosperity ,multiplicity ,new productions ,any thing to denote more better in society .As it can produce new generation which is considered good always .

regrds sunil nair

, "Sreenadh" <sreesog wrote:>> Dear Sunil Bhattacharjya ji,> No - Bhaga and Bhagya are different words with differnet meanings.> Bhaga actually means the sexual organ of women. Dur-bhaga means > bad sexual organ. Actually I have mildly/wrongly earlier transilated it> as non-beautiful hip. Why she is Durbhaga - may be due to lack of> beauty, or may be due to diseases, or may be because she is a> prostitute. Interprest as you like.> Bhagya means luck. Dur-bhaga and Dur-bhagya are entierly> different things. 'Dur' means 'Bad' ; Dur-Bhaga (Bad sexual organ) and> Dur-Bhagya (Bad-Luck).> Love and regards,> Sreenadh> > , Sunil Bhattacharjya> sunil_bhattacharjya@ wrote:> >> > Dear Sreenadhji,> >> > Can Durbhaga mean Abhaga or unfortunate also?> >> > Regards,> >> > Sunil Bhattacharjya> >> >> >> >> > > > Sreenadh sreesog@> > > > Saturday, August 2, 2008 7:56:31 AM> > Re: Visha kanya yoga/Astrological> concept> >> >> > Dear Sunil ji, Renu ji and all,> > The story about the Vishakanyas who worked as spys at the> > period of Chandragupta Vikramaditya is interesting; but may not be> much> > relevent as far as the concept of "Vishakanya" in astrology is> > concerned.> > In astrology why a girl is called Visha-kanya (Poison-girl) ?> > As per Jataka Tatva, it is because -> > Sa durbhaga mritapatya dhanona sokarta [she will not have a> > beautiful hip, she will give birth to dead children, she will not have> enough> > money, she would be sad always]> > Or in other words it is the lack of beauty, wealth and luck that> > makes her Visha-kanya. It is because anyone who marries her will have> to> > share her unluck and sadness. Actually it is the very reason because> of which> > she is called Vishakanya (Poison-girl) ; it is actually her own> destiny and the> > destiny she touch upon (her husband's) is what is actually poisoned,> NOT she> > herself. The astrological concept of Visha-kanya has nothing to do> > with the deadly spy girls of Vikramaditya period. The> > astrological concept of Visha kanya is very old and is older than the> > Gupta period, evident from the fact that it gets mentioned in Rishi> Horas.> > Love and regards,> > Sreenadh> >>

Guest guest

Dear members,

This reminds of an bollywood actress Rekha, who got married to 2-3 people, all died for one reason or other within short period of marriage. Though she is CANNOT be termed negatively under this thread, it is for sure that she was unlucky in her love or marital life, her childhood, her upbringing...all have marks of ill-luck.....though may be a talented actress but never had opportunity or she her "Past" time...

There are enough or many Men who qualify under this astro_"REKHA YOGA" than women.

Note: Do not extend this thread beyond astro combinations.

With regards,

Sreeram_Srinivas

, "Sreenadh" <sreesog wrote: Dear Sunil Bhattacharjya ji, No - Bhaga and Bhagya are different words with differnet meanings. Bhaga actually means the sexual organ of women. Dur-bhaga means bad sexual organ. Actually I have mildly/wrongly earlier transilated it as non-beautiful hip. Why she is Durbhaga - may be due to lack of beauty, or may be due to diseases, or may be because she is a prostitute. Interprest as you like. Bhagya means luck. Dur-bhaga and Dur-bhagya are entierly different things. 'Dur' means 'Bad' ; Dur-Bhaga (Bad sexual organ) and Dur-Bhagya (Bad-Luck). Love and regards, Sreenadh

Guest guest

Rekha is surely a one who has been ill fated for her suitors in

marriage. After her past experiences, i doubt if any one could have the

courage to marry her. she certainly carries some shraapit dosha, where

all her suitors fall apart, one after the another. Unfortunately we can

never have authentic data of such people, so cannot know whats there in

their charts . I have the following data with me but doubt if it is

true.

10-10-1954 02.30 am Madras Asc Leo 01.00.00 ( KP Ayanamsa)

regards/Bhaskar.

, " sreeram srinivas "

<sreeram64 wrote:

>

>

> Dear members,

>

> This reminds of an bollywood actress Rekha, who got married to 2-3

> people, all died for one reason or other within short period of

> marriage. Though she is CANNOT be termed negatively under this thread,

> it is for sure that she was unlucky in her love or marital life, her

> childhood, her upbringing...all have marks of ill-luck.....though may

> be a talented actress but never had opportunity or she her " Past "

> time...

>

> There are enough or many Men who qualify under this astro_ " REKHA YOGA "

> than women.

>

> Note: Do not extend this thread beyond astro combinations.

>

> With regards,

>

> Sreeram_Srinivas

>

>

Guest guest

Dear Sunil ji, I agree. The word 'Bhaga' has numerous meanings such as Ishwarya (sri, wellbeing), female , and so on. As per the definition of 'Bhaga' as used in 'Bhagavan' and 'Bhagavati' it is combination of 6 great qualities (for the list I would have to refer). But as far as Sunil Bhattacharjya ji's example is considered, he is quoting 'Abhaaga'. Bhaga (the female genital organ) and Bhaaga (division) are words with entirely different meaning. 'A-Bhaaga' means 'the one who does not got the division (she deserved in a division of property)'. Abhaaga is unfortunate only in the sense that she does not got the bhaaga (divison/portion) of the property she deserved. Love and regards,Sreenadh , "sunil nair" <astro_tellerkerala wrote:>> > > > Hare rama krishna> > dear sreenadh ji and sunil bhattacharya ji> > Bhaga has another meaning aishwaryam ( or prosperous is it write> translation )> > remebr the words bhagavan and bhagavathi> > so durbhaga means having opposite qulaities ,the problem with sanskrit> is 100 meanings .> > offcource root word may b come frm female genital organ but we shud> think that always genital organs r considered as symbol of creation> ,prosperity ,multiplicity ,new productions ,any thing to denote more> better in society .As it can produce new generation which is considered> good always .> > > > regrds sunil nair> > om shreem mahalaxmai namah .> > > > > , "Sreenadh"> sreesog@ wrote:> >> > Dear Sunil Bhattacharjya ji,> > No - Bhaga and Bhagya are different words with differnet meanings.> > Bhaga actually means the sexual organ of women. Dur-bhaga means> > bad sexual organ. Actually I have mildly/wrongly earlier transilated> it> > as non-beautiful hip. Why she is Durbhaga - may be due to lack of> > beauty, or may be due to diseases, or may be because she is a> > prostitute. Interprest as you like.> > Bhagya means luck. Dur-bhaga and Dur-bhagya are entierly> > different things. 'Dur' means 'Bad' ; Dur-Bhaga (Bad sexual organ) and> > Dur-Bhagya (Bad-Luck).> > Love and regards,> > Sreenadh> >> > , Sunil Bhattacharjya> > sunil_bhattacharjya@ wrote:> > >> > > Dear Sreenadhji,> > >> > > Can Durbhaga mean Abhaga or unfortunate also?> > >> > > Regards,> > >> > > Sunil Bhattacharjya> > >> > >> > >> > >> > > > > > Sreenadh sreesog@> > > > > > Saturday, August 2, 2008 7:56:31 AM> > > Re: Visha kanya> yoga/Astrological> > concept> > >> > >> > > Dear Sunil ji, Renu ji and all,> > > The story about the Vishakanyas who worked as spys at the> > > period of Chandragupta Vikramaditya is interesting; but may not be> > much> > > relevent as far as the concept of "Vishakanya" in astrology is> > > concerned.> > > In astrology why a girl is called Visha-kanya (Poison-girl) ?> > > As per Jataka Tatva, it is because -> > > Sa durbhaga mritapatya dhanona sokarta [she will not have a> > > beautiful hip, she will give birth to dead children, she will not> have> > enough> > > money, she would be sad always]> > > Or in other words it is the lack of beauty, wealth and luck that> > > makes her Visha-kanya. It is because anyone who marries her will> have> > to> > > share her unluck and sadness. Actually it is the very reason because> > of which> > > she is called Vishakanya (Poison-girl) ; it is actually her own> > destiny and the> > > destiny she touch upon (her husband's) is what is actually poisoned,> > NOT she> > > herself. The astrological concept of Visha-kanya has nothing to do> > > with the deadly spy girls of Vikramaditya period. The> > > astrological concept of Visha kanya is very old and is older than> the> > > Gupta period, evident from the fact that it gets mentioned in Rishi> > Horas.> > > Love and regards,> > > Sreenadh> > >> >>

Guest guest

Dear Sreenadhji and Sunilji,

Bhaga ( Pronounce as Hug or Rug after changing H or R here to Bh )

Bhaga concernes related to divine ( As in Bhagavad Gita )

But Bhaaga ( Pronounced as in Raaga (of music) but change R to Bh)

also does not denote meaning of yoni of female, but gives meaning as

portion of, Share of, Part.

Abhaaga denotes without a share, or undivided.

Abhaga denotes ill fated ot unfortunate.

From where does the meaning of female Yoni occur for Bhaga or bhaaga

or abhaga or abhaaga? i dont find this in my Sanskrit dictionary . it must

have been a ancient word or probably added later. Dont know.

regards,

bhaskar.

, "Sreenadh" <sreesog wrote:>> Dear Sunil ji,> I agree. The word 'Bhaga' has numerous meanings such as Ishwarya> (sri, wellbeing), female , and so on. As per the definition of 'Bhaga'> as used in 'Bhagavan' and 'Bhagavati' it is combination of 6 great> qualities (for the list I would have to refer).> But as far as Sunil Bhattacharjya ji's example is considered, he is> quoting 'Abhaaga'. Bhaga (the female genital organ) and Bhaaga> (division) are words with entirely different meaning. 'A-Bhaaga' means> 'the one who does not got the division (she deserved in a division of> property)'. Abhaaga is unfortunate only in the sense that she does not> got the bhaaga (divison/portion) of the property she deserved.> Love and regards,> Sreenadh> > , "sunil nair"> astro_tellerkerala@ wrote:> >> >> >> >> > Hare rama krishna> >> > dear sreenadh ji and sunil bhattacharya ji> >> > Bhaga has another meaning aishwaryam ( or prosperous is it write> > translation )> >> > remebr the words bhagavan and bhagavathi> >> > so durbhaga means having opposite qulaities ,the problem with> sanskrit> > is 100 meanings .> >> > offcource root word may b come frm female genital organ but we shud> > think that always genital organs r considered as symbol of creation> > ,prosperity ,multiplicity ,new productions ,any thing to denote more> > better in society .As it can produce new generation which is> considered> > good always .> >> >> >> > regrds sunil nair> >> > om shreem mahalaxmai namah .> >> >> >> >> > , "Sreenadh"> > sreesog@ wrote:> > >> > > Dear Sunil Bhattacharjya ji,> > > No - Bhaga and Bhagya are different words with differnet meanings.> > > Bhaga actually means the sexual organ of women. Dur-bhaga means> > > bad sexual organ. Actually I have mildly/wrongly earlier transilated> > it> > > as non-beautiful hip. Why she is Durbhaga - may be due to lack of> > > beauty, or may be due to diseases, or may be because she is a> > > prostitute. Interprest as you like.> > > Bhagya means luck. Dur-bhaga and Dur-bhagya are entierly> > > different things. 'Dur' means 'Bad' ; Dur-Bhaga (Bad sexual organ)> and> > > Dur-Bhagya (Bad-Luck).> > > Love and regards,> > > Sreenadh> > >> > > , Sunil Bhattacharjya> > > sunil_bhattacharjya@ wrote:> > > >> > > > Dear Sreenadhji,> > > >> > > > Can Durbhaga mean Abhaga or unfortunate also?> > > >> > > > Regards,> > > >> > > > Sunil Bhattacharjya> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > > > > > Sreenadh sreesog@> > > > > > > > Saturday, August 2, 2008 7:56:31 AM> > > > Re: Visha kanya> > yoga/Astrological> > > concept> > > >> > > >> > > > Dear Sunil ji, Renu ji and all,> > > > The story about the Vishakanyas who worked as spys at the> > > > period of Chandragupta Vikramaditya is interesting; but may not be> > > much> > > > relevent as far as the concept of "Vishakanya" in astrology is> > > > concerned.> > > > In astrology why a girl is called Visha-kanya (Poison-girl) ?> > > > As per Jataka Tatva, it is because -> > > > Sa durbhaga mritapatya dhanona sokarta [she will not have a> > > > beautiful hip, she will give birth to dead children, she will not> > have> > > enough> > > > money, she would be sad always]> > > > Or in other words it is the lack of beauty, wealth and luck that> > > > makes her Visha-kanya. It is because anyone who marries her will> > have> > > to> > > > share her unluck and sadness. Actually it is the very reason> because> > > of which> > > > she is called Vishakanya (Poison-girl) ; it is actually her own> > > destiny and the> > > > destiny she touch upon (her husband's) is what is actually> poisoned,> > > NOT she> > > > herself. The astrological concept of Visha-kanya has nothing to do> > > > with the deadly spy girls of Vikramaditya period. The> > > > astrological concept of Visha kanya is very old and is older than> > the> > > > Gupta period, evident from the fact that it gets mentioned in> Rishi> > > Horas.> > > > Love and regards,> > > > Sreenadh> > > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

Dear Bhaskar ji, ==>From where does the meaning of female Yoni occur for Bhaga or bhaaga

or abhaga or abhaaga? i dont find this in my Sanskrit dictionary .<== Meaning of 'Bhaga' as 'Yoni' - You will find it in EVERY good sanskrit dictionary. It is a very popular meaning, and is available in almost all dictionaries. Love and regards,Sreenadh , "Bhaskar" <rajiventerprises wrote:>> Dear Sreenadhji and Sunilji, Bhaga ( Pronounce as Hug or Rug after> changing H or R here to Bh ) Bhaga concernes related to divine ( As in> Bhagavad Gita ) But Bhaaga ( Pronounced as in Raaga (of music) but> change R to Bh) also does not denote meaning of yoni of female, but> gives meaning as portion of, Share of, Part. Abhaaga denotes without a> share, or undivided. Abhaga denotes ill fated ot unfortunate. From> where does the meaning of female Yoni occur for Bhaga or bhaaga or> abhaga or abhaaga? i dont find this in my Sanskrit dictionary . it must > have been a ancient word or probably added later. Dont know. regards,> bhaskar.> > > > , "Sreenadh"> sreesog@ wrote:> >> > Dear Sunil ji,> > I agree. The word 'Bhaga' has numerous meanings such as Ishwarya> > (sri, wellbeing), female , and so on. As per the definition of 'Bhaga'> > as used in 'Bhagavan' and 'Bhagavati' it is combination of 6 great> > qualities (for the list I would have to refer).> > But as far as Sunil Bhattacharjya ji's example is considered, he is> > quoting 'Abhaaga'. Bhaga (the female genital organ) and Bhaaga> > (division) are words with entirely different meaning. 'A-Bhaaga' means> > 'the one who does not got the division (she deserved in a division of> > property)'. Abhaaga is unfortunate only in the sense that she does not> > got the bhaaga (divison/portion) of the property she deserved.> > Love and regards,> > Sreenadh> >> > , "sunil nair"> > astro_tellerkerala@ wrote:> > >> > >> > >> > >> > > Hare rama krishna> > >> > > dear sreenadh ji and sunil bhattacharya ji> > >> > > Bhaga has another meaning aishwaryam ( or prosperous is it write> > > translation )> > >> > > remebr the words bhagavan and bhagavathi> > >> > > so durbhaga means having opposite qulaities ,the problem with> > sanskrit> > > is 100 meanings .> > >> > > offcource root word may b come frm female genital organ but we shud> > > think that always genital organs r considered as symbol of creation> > > ,prosperity ,multiplicity ,new productions ,any thing to denote more> > > better in society .As it can produce new generation which is> > considered> > > good always .> > >> > >> > >> > > regrds sunil nair> > >> > > om shreem mahalaxmai namah .> > >> > >> > >> > >> > > , "Sreenadh"> > > sreesog@ wrote:> > > >> > > > Dear Sunil Bhattacharjya ji,> > > > No - Bhaga and Bhagya are different words with differnet meanings.> > > > Bhaga actually means the sexual organ of women. Dur-bhaga means> > > > bad sexual organ. Actually I have mildly/wrongly earlier> transilated> > > it> > > > as non-beautiful hip. Why she is Durbhaga - may be due to lack of> > > > beauty, or may be due to diseases, or may be because she is a> > > > prostitute. Interprest as you like.> > > > Bhagya means luck. Dur-bhaga and Dur-bhagya are entierly> > > > different things. 'Dur' means 'Bad' ; Dur-Bhaga (Bad sexual organ)> > and> > > > Dur-Bhagya (Bad-Luck).> > > > Love and regards,> > > > Sreenadh> > > >> > > > , Sunil> Bhattacharjya> > > > sunil_bhattacharjya@ wrote:> > > > >> > > > > Dear Sreenadhji,> > > > >> > > > > Can Durbhaga mean Abhaga or unfortunate also?> > > > >> > > > > Regards,> > > > >> > > > > Sunil Bhattacharjya> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > > > > > > Sreenadh sreesog@> > > > > > > > > > Saturday, August 2, 2008 7:56:31 AM> > > > > Re: Visha kanya> > > yoga/Astrological> > > > concept> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > Dear Sunil ji, Renu ji and all,> > > > > The story about the Vishakanyas who worked as spys at the> > > > > period of Chandragupta Vikramaditya is interesting; but may not> be> > > > much> > > > > relevent as far as the concept of "Vishakanya" in astrology is> > > > > concerned.> > > > > In astrology why a girl is called Visha-kanya (Poison-girl) ?> > > > > As per Jataka Tatva, it is because -> > > > > Sa durbhaga mritapatya dhanona sokarta [she will not have a> > > > > beautiful hip, she will give birth to dead children, she will> not> > > have> > > > enough> > > > > money, she would be sad always]> > > > > Or in other words it is the lack of beauty, wealth and luck that> > > > > makes her Visha-kanya. It is because anyone who marries her will> > > have> > > > to> > > > > share her unluck and sadness. Actually it is the very reason> > because> > > > of which> > > > > she is called Vishakanya (Poison-girl) ; it is actually her own> > > > destiny and the> > > > > destiny she touch upon (her husband's) is what is actually> > poisoned,> > > > NOT she> > > > > herself. The astrological concept of Visha-kanya has nothing to> do> > > > > with the deadly spy girls of Vikramaditya period. The> > > > > astrological concept of Visha kanya is very old and is older> than> > > the> > > > > Gupta period, evident from the fact that it gets mentioned in> > Rishi> > > > Horas.> > > > > Love and regards,> > > > > Sreenadh> > > > >> > > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

Dear Sreenadhji,

I consulted the dictionary written by Vaman Shivram Apte, of Motiilal banarsidas. It is a 750 pages dictionary about 50 years old edition.

But on retrospection i do remember having read this word " Bhagachumban" in the past, in the "Kamasutras' and also in the astrological texts, as effects of certain planetary configurations present in a chart which may bring about this yoga.

thanks and best wishes,

Bhaskar.

, "Sreenadh" <sreesog wrote:>> Dear Bhaskar ji,> ==>> From where does the meaning of female Yoni occur for Bhaga or bhaaga or> abhaga or abhaaga? i dont find this in my Sanskrit dictionary .> <==> Meaning of 'Bhaga' as 'Yoni' - You will find it in EVERY good> sanskrit dictionary. It is a very popular meaning, and is available in> almost all dictionaries.> Love and regards,> Sreenadh> > , "Bhaskar"> rajiventerprises@ wrote:> >> > Dear Sreenadhji and Sunilji, Bhaga ( Pronounce as Hug or Rug after> > changing H or R here to Bh ) Bhaga concernes related to divine ( As> in> > Bhagavad Gita ) But Bhaaga ( Pronounced as in Raaga (of music) but> > change R to Bh) also does not denote meaning of yoni of female, but> > gives meaning as portion of, Share of, Part. Abhaaga denotes without> a> > share, or undivided. Abhaga denotes ill fated ot unfortunate. From> > where does the meaning of female Yoni occur for Bhaga or bhaaga or> > abhaga or abhaaga? i dont find this in my Sanskrit dictionary . it> must> > have been a ancient word or probably added later. Dont know. > regards,> > bhaskar.> >> >> >> > , "Sreenadh"> > sreesog@ wrote:> > >> > > Dear Sunil ji,> > > I agree. The word 'Bhaga' has numerous meanings such as Ishwarya> > > (sri, wellbeing), female , and so on. As per the definition of> 'Bhaga'> > > as used in 'Bhagavan' and 'Bhagavati' it is combination of 6 great> > > qualities (for the list I would have to refer).> > > But as far as Sunil Bhattacharjya ji's example is considered, he is> > > quoting 'Abhaaga'. Bhaga (the female genital organ) and Bhaaga> > > (division) are words with entirely different meaning. 'A-Bhaaga'> means> > > 'the one who does not got the division (she deserved in a division> of> > > property)'. Abhaaga is unfortunate only in the sense that she does> not> > > got the bhaaga (divison/portion) of the property she deserved.> > > Love and regards,> > > Sreenadh> > >> > > , "sunil nair"> > > astro_tellerkerala@ wrote:> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > Hare rama krishna> > > >> > > > dear sreenadh ji and sunil bhattacharya ji> > > >> > > > Bhaga has another meaning aishwaryam ( or prosperous is it write> > > > translation )> > > >> > > > remebr the words bhagavan and bhagavathi> > > >> > > > so durbhaga means having opposite qulaities ,the problem with> > > sanskrit> > > > is 100 meanings .> > > >> > > > offcource root word may b come frm female genital organ but we> shud> > > > think that always genital organs r considered as symbol of> creation> > > > ,prosperity ,multiplicity ,new productions ,any thing to denote> more> > > > better in society .As it can produce new generation which is> > > considered> > > > good always .> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > regrds sunil nair> > > >> > > > om shreem mahalaxmai namah .> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > , "Sreenadh"> > > > sreesog@ wrote:> > > > >> > > > > Dear Sunil Bhattacharjya ji,> > > > > No - Bhaga and Bhagya are different words with differnet> meanings.> > > > > Bhaga actually means the sexual organ of women. Dur-bhaga means> > > > > bad sexual organ. Actually I have mildly/wrongly earlier> > transilated> > > > it> > > > > as non-beautiful hip. Why she is Durbhaga - may be due to lack> of> > > > > beauty, or may be due to diseases, or may be because she is a> > > > > prostitute. Interprest as you like.> > > > > Bhagya means luck. Dur-bhaga and Dur-bhagya are entierly> > > > > different things. 'Dur' means 'Bad' ; Dur-Bhaga (Bad sexual> organ)> > > and> > > > > Dur-Bhagya (Bad-Luck).> > > > > Love and regards,> > > > > Sreenadh> > > > >> > > > > , Sunil> > Bhattacharjya> > > > > sunil_bhattacharjya@ wrote:> > > > > >> > > > > > Dear Sreenadhji,> > > > > >> > > > > > Can Durbhaga mean Abhaga or unfortunate also?> > > > > >> > > > > > Regards,> > > > > >> > > > > > Sunil Bhattacharjya> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > Sreenadh sreesog@> > > > > > > > > > > > Saturday, August 2, 2008 7:56:31 AM> > > > > > Re: Visha kanya> > > > yoga/Astrological> > > > > concept> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > Dear Sunil ji, Renu ji and all,> > > > > > The story about the Vishakanyas who worked as spys at the> > > > > > period of Chandragupta Vikramaditya is interesting; but may> not> > be> > > > > much> > > > > > relevent as far as the concept of "Vishakanya" in astrology is> > > > > > concerned.> > > > > > In astrology why a girl is called Visha-kanya (Poison-girl) ?> > > > > > As per Jataka Tatva, it is because -> > > > > > Sa durbhaga mritapatya dhanona sokarta [she will not have a> > > > > > beautiful hip, she will give birth to dead children, she will> > not> > > > have> > > > > enough> > > > > > money, she would be sad always]> > > > > > Or in other words it is the lack of beauty, wealth and luck> that> > > > > > makes her Visha-kanya. It is because anyone who marries her> will> > > > have> > > > > to> > > > > > share her unluck and sadness. Actually it is the very reason> > > because> > > > > of which> > > > > > she is called Vishakanya (Poison-girl) ; it is actually her> own> > > > > destiny and the> > > > > > destiny she touch upon (her husband's) is what is actually> > > poisoned,> > > > > NOT she> > > > > > herself. The astrological concept of Visha-kanya has nothing> to> > do> > > > > > with the deadly spy girls of Vikramaditya period. The> > > > > > astrological concept of Visha kanya is very old and is older> > than> > > > the> > > > > > Gupta period, evident from the fact that it gets mentioned in> > > Rishi> > > > > Horas.> > > > > > Love and regards,> > > > > > Sreenadh> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

Dear Bhaskarji,

I also refer to Vaman Shivram Apte's dictionary. Well, on page 398

the word has been discussed extensively

bhagah= several meanings including twelve forms of sun,moon, love,

amorous dalliance or sport, pleasure, bhagaankurah has been give

as " clitoris " . The male equivalent word for bhagah being shishnah

I lead a BPHS discussion in in .

Since I am translating,I refered to these words for Chapter 18 jaya

phala adhyayah

//Bhaumanshakagate shukre bhaumakshetragateathava

13 bhaumayukte cha drishte va bhagachumbhanabhag bhavet//

If venus be in the navamsa of mars or in the house of mars, or join

mars or be aspected by mars, then the native will kiss the private

parts of the female

//Mandanshakagate shukre mandakshetragate api va

14 mandayukte cha drishte shishnachumbhanatatparah//

If venus be in the navamsa of Saturn or in the house of Saturn or

joins Saturn or be aspected by Saturn, then the native will kiss the

private parts of the male

Kind Regards,

bhagavathi

, " Bhaskar "

<rajiventerprises wrote:

>

>

> Dear Sreenadhji,

>

> I consulted the dictionary written by Vaman Shivram Apte, of

Motiilal

> banarsidas. It is a 750 pages dictionary about 50 years old edition.

>

> But on retrospection i do remember having read this word

> " Bhagachumban " in the past, in the " Kamasutras' and also in the

> astrological texts, as effects of certain planetary configurations

> present in a chart which may bring about this yoga.

>

> thanks and best wishes,

>

> Bhaskar.

>

>

>

>

> , " Sreenadh "

> <sreesog@> wrote:

> >

> > Dear Bhaskar ji,

> > ==>

> > From where does the meaning of female Yoni occur for Bhaga or

bhaaga

> or

> > abhaga or abhaaga? i dont find this in my Sanskrit dictionary .

> > <==

> > Meaning of 'Bhaga' as 'Yoni' - You will find it in EVERY good

> > sanskrit dictionary. It is a very popular meaning, and is

available in

> > almost all dictionaries.

> > Love and regards,

> > Sreenadh

> >

> > , " Bhaskar "

> > rajiventerprises@ wrote:

> > >

> > > Dear Sreenadhji and Sunilji, Bhaga ( Pronounce as Hug or Rug

after

> > > changing H or R here to Bh ) Bhaga concernes related to divine

( As

> > in

> > > Bhagavad Gita ) But Bhaaga ( Pronounced as in Raaga (of music)

but

> > > change R to Bh) also does not denote meaning of yoni of female,

but

> > > gives meaning as portion of, Share of, Part. Abhaaga denotes

without

> > a

> > > share, or undivided. Abhaga denotes ill fated ot unfortunate.

From

> > > where does the meaning of female Yoni occur for Bhaga or bhaaga

or

> > > abhaga or abhaaga? i dont find this in my Sanskrit dictionary .

it

> > must

> > > have been a ancient word or probably added later. Dont know.

> > regards,

> > > bhaskar.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > , " Sreenadh "

> > > sreesog@ wrote:

> > > >

> > > > Dear Sunil ji,

> > > > I agree. The word 'Bhaga' has numerous meanings such as

Ishwarya

> > > > (sri, wellbeing), female , and so on. As per the definition of

> > 'Bhaga'

> > > > as used in 'Bhagavan' and 'Bhagavati' it is combination of 6

great

> > > > qualities (for the list I would have to refer).

> > > > But as far as Sunil Bhattacharjya ji's example is considered,

he

> is

> > > > quoting 'Abhaaga'. Bhaga (the female genital organ) and Bhaaga

> > > > (division) are words with entirely different meaning. 'A-

Bhaaga'

> > means

> > > > 'the one who does not got the division (she deserved in a

division

> > of

> > > > property)'. Abhaaga is unfortunate only in the sense that she

does

> > not

> > > > got the bhaaga (divison/portion) of the property she deserved.

> > > > Love and regards,

> > > > Sreenadh

> > > >

> > > > , " sunil nair "

> > > > astro_tellerkerala@ wrote:

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Hare rama krishna

> > > > >

> > > > > dear sreenadh ji and sunil bhattacharya ji

> > > > >

> > > > > Bhaga has another meaning aishwaryam ( or prosperous is it

write

> > > > > translation )

> > > > >

> > > > > remebr the words bhagavan and bhagavathi

> > > > >

> > > > > so durbhaga means having opposite qulaities ,the problem

with

> > > > sanskrit

> > > > > is 100 meanings .

> > > > >

> > > > > offcource root word may b come frm female genital organ but

we

> > shud

> > > > > think that always genital organs r considered as symbol of

> > creation

> > > > > ,prosperity ,multiplicity ,new productions ,any thing to

denote

> > more

> > > > > better in society .As it can produce new generation which is

> > > > considered

> > > > > good always .

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > regrds sunil nair

> > > > >

> > > > > om shreem mahalaxmai namah .

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > , " Sreenadh "

> > > > > sreesog@ wrote:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Dear Sunil Bhattacharjya ji,

> > > > > > No - Bhaga and Bhagya are different words with differnet

> > meanings.

> > > > > > Bhaga actually means the sexual organ of women. Dur-bhaga

> means

> > > > > > bad sexual organ. Actually I have mildly/wrongly earlier

> > > transilated

> > > > > it

> > > > > > as non-beautiful hip. Why she is Durbhaga - may be due to

lack

> > of

> > > > > > beauty, or may be due to diseases, or may be because she

is a

> > > > > > prostitute. Interprest as you like.

> > > > > > Bhagya means luck. Dur-bhaga and Dur-bhagya are entierly

> > > > > > different things. 'Dur' means 'Bad' ; Dur-Bhaga (Bad

sexual

> > organ)

> > > > and

> > > > > > Dur-Bhagya (Bad-Luck).

> > > > > > Love and regards,

> > > > > > Sreenadh

> > > > > >

> > > > > > , Sunil

> > > Bhattacharjya

> > > > > > sunil_bhattacharjya@ wrote:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Dear Sreenadhji,

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Can Durbhaga mean Abhaga or unfortunate also?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Regards,

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Sunil Bhattacharjya

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Sreenadh sreesog@

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Saturday, August 2, 2008 7:56:31 AM

> > > > > > > Re: Visha kanya

> > > > > yoga/Astrological

> > > > > > concept

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Dear Sunil ji, Renu ji and all,

> > > > > > > The story about the Vishakanyas who worked as spys at

the

> > > > > > > period of Chandragupta Vikramaditya is interesting; but

may

> > not

> > > be

> > > > > > much

> > > > > > > relevent as far as the concept of " Vishakanya " in

astrology

> is

> > > > > > > concerned.

> > > > > > > In astrology why a girl is called Visha-kanya (Poison-

girl)

> ?

> > > > > > > As per Jataka Tatva, it is because -

> > > > > > > Sa durbhaga mritapatya dhanona sokarta [she will not

have a

> > > > > > > beautiful hip, she will give birth to dead children, she

> will

> > > not

> > > > > have

> > > > > > enough

> > > > > > > money, she would be sad always]

> > > > > > > Or in other words it is the lack of beauty, wealth and

luck

> > that

> > > > > > > makes her Visha-kanya. It is because anyone who marries

her

> > will

> > > > > have

> > > > > > to

> > > > > > > share her unluck and sadness. Actually it is the very

reason

> > > > because

> > > > > > of which

> > > > > > > she is called Vishakanya (Poison-girl) ; it is actually

her

> > own

> > > > > > destiny and the

> > > > > > > destiny she touch upon (her husband's) is what is

actually

> > > > poisoned,

> > > > > > NOT she

> > > > > > > herself. The astrological concept of Visha-kanya has

nothing

> > to

> > > do

> > > > > > > with the deadly spy girls of Vikramaditya period. The

> > > > > > > astrological concept of Visha kanya is very old and is

older

> > > than

> > > > > the

> > > > > > > Gupta period, evident from the fact that it gets

mentioned

> in

> > > > Rishi

> > > > > > Horas.

> > > > > > > Love and regards,

> > > > > > > Sreenadh

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Dear bhagawathiji,

I am aware of what you have said.

but we were discussing just on the word " Bhaga " and not any jointer to

that, hence did not mention it.

" bhagaankurah' is not 'bhaga' but another word joint to it, to change

the meaning.

Just like ' bramachari' ' bramacharin' 'brahmacharini'.

Thank you for the disclosures though, on all. I am happy to know that

you too are authentic on your hard work and eforts in the same.

Bhaskar.

, " bhagavathi_hariharan "

<bhagavathi_hariharan wrote:

>

> Dear Bhaskarji,

>

> I also refer to Vaman Shivram Apte's dictionary. Well, on page 398

> the word has been discussed extensively

>

> bhagah= several meanings including twelve forms of sun,moon, love,

> amorous dalliance or sport, pleasure, bhagaankurah has been give

> as " clitoris " . The male equivalent word for bhagah being shishnah

>

> I lead a BPHS discussion in in .

> Since I am translating,I refered to these words for Chapter 18 jaya

> phala adhyayah

>

> //Bhaumanshakagate shukre bhaumakshetragateathava

> 13 bhaumayukte cha drishte va bhagachumbhanabhag bhavet//

>

> If venus be in the navamsa of mars or in the house of mars, or join

> mars or be aspected by mars, then the native will kiss the private

> parts of the female

>

> //Mandanshakagate shukre mandakshetragate api va

> 14 mandayukte cha drishte shishnachumbhanatatparah//

>

> If venus be in the navamsa of Saturn or in the house of Saturn or

> joins Saturn or be aspected by Saturn, then the native will kiss the

> private parts of the male

>

> Kind Regards,

>

> bhagavathi

>

, " Bhaskar "

> rajiventerprises@ wrote:

> >

> >

> > Dear Sreenadhji,

> >

> > I consulted the dictionary written by Vaman Shivram Apte, of

> Motiilal

> > banarsidas. It is a 750 pages dictionary about 50 years old edition.

> >

> > But on retrospection i do remember having read this word

> > " Bhagachumban " in the past, in the " Kamasutras' and also in the

> > astrological texts, as effects of certain planetary configurations

> > present in a chart which may bring about this yoga.

> >

> > thanks and best wishes,

> >

> > Bhaskar.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > , " Sreenadh "

> > <sreesog@> wrote:

> > >

> > > Dear Bhaskar ji,

> > > ==>

> > > From where does the meaning of female Yoni occur for Bhaga or

> bhaaga

> > or

> > > abhaga or abhaaga? i dont find this in my Sanskrit dictionary .

> > > <==

> > > Meaning of 'Bhaga' as 'Yoni' - You will find it in EVERY good

> > > sanskrit dictionary. It is a very popular meaning, and is

> available in

> > > almost all dictionaries.

> > > Love and regards,

> > > Sreenadh

> > >

> > > , " Bhaskar "

> > > rajiventerprises@ wrote:

> > > >

> > > > Dear Sreenadhji and Sunilji, Bhaga ( Pronounce as Hug or Rug

> after

> > > > changing H or R here to Bh ) Bhaga concernes related to divine

> ( As

> > > in

> > > > Bhagavad Gita ) But Bhaaga ( Pronounced as in Raaga (of music)

> but

> > > > change R to Bh) also does not denote meaning of yoni of female,

> but

> > > > gives meaning as portion of, Share of, Part. Abhaaga denotes

> without

> > > a

> > > > share, or undivided. Abhaga denotes ill fated ot unfortunate.

> From

> > > > where does the meaning of female Yoni occur for Bhaga or bhaaga

> or

> > > > abhaga or abhaaga? i dont find this in my Sanskrit dictionary .

> it

> > > must

> > > > have been a ancient word or probably added later. Dont know.

> > > regards,

> > > > bhaskar.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > , " Sreenadh "

> > > > sreesog@ wrote:

> > > > >

> > > > > Dear Sunil ji,

> > > > > I agree. The word 'Bhaga' has numerous meanings such as

> Ishwarya

> > > > > (sri, wellbeing), female , and so on. As per the definition of

> > > 'Bhaga'

> > > > > as used in 'Bhagavan' and 'Bhagavati' it is combination of 6

> great

> > > > > qualities (for the list I would have to refer).

> > > > > But as far as Sunil Bhattacharjya ji's example is considered,

> he

> > is

> > > > > quoting 'Abhaaga'. Bhaga (the female genital organ) and Bhaaga

> > > > > (division) are words with entirely different meaning. 'A-

> Bhaaga'

> > > means

> > > > > 'the one who does not got the division (she deserved in a

> division

> > > of

> > > > > property)'. Abhaaga is unfortunate only in the sense that she

> does

> > > not

> > > > > got the bhaaga (divison/portion) of the property she deserved.

> > > > > Love and regards,

> > > > > Sreenadh

> > > > >

> > > > > , " sunil nair "

> > > > > astro_tellerkerala@ wrote:

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Hare rama krishna

> > > > > >

> > > > > > dear sreenadh ji and sunil bhattacharya ji

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Bhaga has another meaning aishwaryam ( or prosperous is it

> write

> > > > > > translation )

> > > > > >

> > > > > > remebr the words bhagavan and bhagavathi

> > > > > >

> > > > > > so durbhaga means having opposite qulaities ,the problem

> with

> > > > > sanskrit

> > > > > > is 100 meanings .

> > > > > >

> > > > > > offcource root word may b come frm female genital organ but

> we

> > > shud

> > > > > > think that always genital organs r considered as symbol of

> > > creation

> > > > > > ,prosperity ,multiplicity ,new productions ,any thing to

> denote

> > > more

> > > > > > better in society .As it can produce new generation which is

> > > > > considered

> > > > > > good always .

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > regrds sunil nair

> > > > > >

> > > > > > om shreem mahalaxmai namah .

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > , " Sreenadh "

> > > > > > sreesog@ wrote:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Dear Sunil Bhattacharjya ji,

> > > > > > > No - Bhaga and Bhagya are different words with differnet

> > > meanings.

> > > > > > > Bhaga actually means the sexual organ of women. Dur-bhaga

> > means

> > > > > > > bad sexual organ. Actually I have mildly/wrongly earlier

> > > > transilated

> > > > > > it

> > > > > > > as non-beautiful hip. Why she is Durbhaga - may be due to

> lack

> > > of

> > > > > > > beauty, or may be due to diseases, or may be because she

> is a

> > > > > > > prostitute. Interprest as you like.

> > > > > > > Bhagya means luck. Dur-bhaga and Dur-bhagya are entierly

> > > > > > > different things. 'Dur' means 'Bad' ; Dur-Bhaga (Bad

> sexual

> > > organ)

> > > > > and

> > > > > > > Dur-Bhagya (Bad-Luck).

> > > > > > > Sreenadh

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > , Sunil

> > > > Bhattacharjya

> > > > > > > sunil_bhattacharjya@ wrote:

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Dear Sreenadhji,

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Can Durbhaga mean Abhaga or unfortunate also?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Regards,

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Sunil Bhattacharjya

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Sreenadh sreesog@

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Saturday, August 2, 2008 7:56:31 AM

> > > > > > > > Re: Visha kanya

> > > > > > yoga/Astrological

> > > > > > > concept

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Dear Sunil ji, Renu ji and all,

> > > > > > > > The story about the Vishakanyas who worked as spys at

> the

> > > > > > > > period of Chandragupta Vikramaditya is interesting; but

> may

> > > not

> > > > be

> > > > > > > much

> > > > > > > > relevent as far as the concept of " Vishakanya " in

> astrology

> > is

> > > > > > > > concerned.

> > > > > > > > In astrology why a girl is called Visha-kanya (Poison-

> girl)

> > ?

> > > > > > > > As per Jataka Tatva, it is because -

> > > > > > > > Sa durbhaga mritapatya dhanona sokarta [she will not

> have a

> > > > > > > > beautiful hip, she will give birth to dead children, she

> > will

> > > > not

> > > > > > have

> > > > > > > enough

> > > > > > > > money, she would be sad always]

> > > > > > > > Or in other words it is the lack of beauty, wealth and

> luck

> > > that

> > > > > > > > makes her Visha-kanya. It is because anyone who marries

> her

> > > will

> > > > > > have

> > > > > > > to

> > > > > > > > share her unluck and sadness. Actually it is the very

> reason

> > > > > because

> > > > > > > of which

> > > > > > > > she is called Vishakanya (Poison-girl) ; it is actually

> her

> > > own

> > > > > > > destiny and the

> > > > > > > > destiny she touch upon (her husband's) is what is

> actually

> > > > > poisoned,

> > > > > > > NOT she

> > > > > > > > herself. The astrological concept of Visha-kanya has

> nothing

> > > to

> > > > do

> > > > > > > > with the deadly spy girls of Vikramaditya period. The

> > > > > > > > astrological concept of Visha kanya is very old and is

> older

> > > > than

> > > > > > the

> > > > > > > > Gupta period, evident from the fact that it gets

> mentioned

> > in

> > > > > Rishi

> > > > > > > Horas.

> > > > > > > > Love and regards,

> > > > > > > > Sreenadh

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Dear Bhaskarji,

//Thank you for the disclosures though, on all. I am happy to know that

you too are authentic on your hard work and eforts in the same.//

Thank you. Appreciate this.

Rgds

bhagavathi

Guest guest

Dear Bhaskar ji, The "Reference Library" section of the group provides links to various online dictionaries. You can access the same at: /links/References_001194430939/

Now coming to the meaning provided by some of these dictionaries for 'bahaga' (not any jointer) are given below:

1) bhaga = vagina (http://spokensanskrit.de/index.php?script=HK & tinput=Bhaga & country_ID= & trans=Translate & direction=AU )

2) bhaga = pudendum of a young girl (http://students.washington.edu/prem/mw/mw_Srch.cgi) 3) But better to understand the word 'bhaga' in its whole beuty as given in Cologne Digital Sanskrit Lexicon. http://webapps.uni-koeln.de/cgi-bin/tamil/recherche

bhaga

m. (ifc. f. %{A} and %{I} g. %{bahv-Adi}) `" dispenser "' , gracious lord , patron (applied to gods , esp. to Savitr2i) RV. AV. ; N. of an A1ditya (bestowing wealth and presiding over love and marriage , brother of the Dawn , regent of the Nakshatra Uttara-Phalguni1 ; Ya1ska enumerates him among the divinities of the highest sphere ; according to a later legend his eyes were destroyed by Rudra) ib. & c. & c. [743,3] ; the Nakshatra Uñ•´´ara-Phñ¨¡lguni1 MBh. vi , 81 ; the sun ib. iii , 146 ; the moon L. ; N. of a Rudra MBh. ; good fortune , happiness , welfare , prosperity RV. AV. Br. Ya1jn5. BhP. ; (ifc. f. %{A}) dignity , majesty , distinction , excellence , beauty , loveliness RV. AV. Br. Gr2S. BhP. ; (also n. L.) love , affection , sexual passion , amorous pleasure , dalliance RV. AV. Br. Ka1tyS3r. BhP. ; (n. L. ; ifc. f. %{A}) the female organs , pudendum muliebre , vulva Mn. MBh. & c. ; (%{A}) f. in %{bhagA-nAmnI} below ; n. a partic. Muhu1rta Cat. ; the perinaeum of males L. ; m. n. = %{yatna} , %{prayatna} , %{kIrti} , %{yazas} , %{vairAgya} , %{icchA} , %{jJAna} , %{mukti} , %{mokSa} , %{dharma} , s3ri1 L. [Cf. Zd. {bagha} = Old Pers. {baga} ; Gk. $ ; & 226046[743 ,3] Slav. {bogu8} , %{bogatu8} ; Lith. {bago4tas} , {na-ba4gas}.] ,

If you refer to other dictionaries as well, then you will came to know that the meaning bhagavati ji tells us is exactly given there and that the following statement is exactly true.> > bhagah= several meanings including twelve forms of sun,moon, love,> > amorous dalliance or sport, pleasure, bhagaankurah has been give> > as "clitoris". The male equivalent word for bhagah being shishnah Actually the meaning "clitories" is given for the the word "bhaga" itself in several dictionaries (and it is a popular menating) and as bhagavati ji puts it. But ofcourse we are free to go for the other meaning of this word as well if not outof context.Regards,Sreenadhdear bhagawathiji,> > I am aware of what you have said.> > but we were discussing just on the word " Bhaga" and not any jointer to> that, hence did not mention it.> > "bhagaankurah' is not 'bhaga' but another word joint to it, to change> the meaning.> > Just like ' bramachari' ' bramacharin' 'brahmacharini'.> > Thank you for the disclosures though, on all. I am happy to know that> you too are authentic on your hard work and eforts in the same.> > Bhaskar.> > > > > , "bhagavathi_hariharan"> bhagavathi_hariharan@ wrote:> >> > Dear Bhaskarji,> >> > I also refer to Vaman Shivram Apte's dictionary. Well, on page 398> > the word has been discussed extensively> >> > bhagah= several meanings including twelve forms of sun,moon, love,> > amorous dalliance or sport, pleasure, bhagaankurah has been give> > as "clitoris". The male equivalent word for bhagah being shishnah> >> > I lead a BPHS discussion in in .> > Since I am translating,I refered to these words for Chapter 18 jaya> > phala adhyayah> >> > //Bhaumanshakagate shukre bhaumakshetragateathava> > 13 bhaumayukte cha drishte va bhagachumbhanabhag bhavet//> >> > If venus be in the navamsa of mars or in the house of mars, or join> > mars or be aspected by mars, then the native will kiss the private> > parts of the female> >> > //Mandanshakagate shukre mandakshetragate api va> > 14 mandayukte cha drishte shishnachumbhanatatparah//> >> > If venus be in the navamsa of Saturn or in the house of Saturn or> > joins Saturn or be aspected by Saturn, then the native will kiss the> > private parts of the male> >> > Kind Regards,> >> > bhagavathi> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> > , "Bhaskar"> > rajiventerprises@ wrote:> > >> > >> > > Dear Sreenadhji,> > >> > > I consulted the dictionary written by Vaman Shivram Apte, of> > Motiilal> > > banarsidas. It is a 750 pages dictionary about 50 years old edition.> > >> > > But on retrospection i do remember having read this word> > > " Bhagachumban" in the past, in the "Kamasutras' and also in the> > > astrological texts, as effects of certain planetary configurations> > > present in a chart which may bring about this yoga.> > >> > > thanks and best wishes,> > >> > > Bhaskar.> > >> > >> > >> > >> > > , "Sreenadh"> > > <sreesog@> wrote:> > > >> > > > Dear Bhaskar ji,> > > > ==>> > > > From where does the meaning of female Yoni occur for Bhaga or> > bhaaga> > > or> > > > abhaga or abhaaga? i dont find this in my Sanskrit dictionary .> > > > <==> > > > Meaning of 'Bhaga' as 'Yoni' - You will find it in EVERY good> > > > sanskrit dictionary. It is a very popular meaning, and is> > available in> > > > almost all dictionaries.> > > > Love and regards,> > > > Sreenadh> > > >> > > > , "Bhaskar"> > > > rajiventerprises@ wrote:> > > > >> > > > > Dear Sreenadhji and Sunilji, Bhaga ( Pronounce as Hug or Rug> > after> > > > > changing H or R here to Bh ) Bhaga concernes related to divine> > ( As> > > > in> > > > > Bhagavad Gita ) But Bhaaga ( Pronounced as in Raaga (of music)> > but> > > > > change R to Bh) also does not denote meaning of yoni of female,> > but> > > > > gives meaning as portion of, Share of, Part. Abhaaga denotes> > without> > > > a> > > > > share, or undivided. Abhaga denotes ill fated ot unfortunate.> > From> > > > > where does the meaning of female Yoni occur for Bhaga or bhaaga> > or> > > > > abhaga or abhaaga? i dont find this in my Sanskrit dictionary .> > it> > > > must> > > > > have been a ancient word or probably added later. Dont know.> > > > regards,> > > > > bhaskar.> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > , "Sreenadh"> > > > > sreesog@ wrote:> > > > > >> > > > > > Dear Sunil ji,> > > > > > I agree. The word 'Bhaga' has numerous meanings such as> > Ishwarya> > > > > > (sri, wellbeing), female , and so on. As per the definition of> > > > 'Bhaga'> > > > > > as used in 'Bhagavan' and 'Bhagavati' it is combination of 6> > great> > > > > > qualities (for the list I would have to refer).> > > > > > But as far as Sunil Bhattacharjya ji's example is considered,> > he> > > is> > > > > > quoting 'Abhaaga'. Bhaga (the female genital organ) and Bhaaga> > > > > > (division) are words with entirely different meaning. 'A-> > Bhaaga'> > > > means> > > > > > 'the one who does not got the division (she deserved in a> > division> > > > of> > > > > > property)'. Abhaaga is unfortunate only in the sense that she> > does> > > > not> > > > > > got the bhaaga (divison/portion) of the property she deserved.> > > > > > Love and regards,> > > > > > Sreenadh> > > > > >> > > > > > , "sunil nair"> > > > > > astro_tellerkerala@ wrote:> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > > Hare rama krishna> > > > > > >> > > > > > > dear sreenadh ji and sunil bhattacharya ji> > > > > > >> > > > > > > Bhaga has another meaning aishwaryam ( or prosperous is it> > write> > > > > > > translation )> > > > > > >> > > > > > > remebr the words bhagavan and bhagavathi> > > > > > >> > > > > > > so durbhaga means having opposite qulaities ,the problem> > with> > > > > > sanskrit> > > > > > > is 100 meanings .> > > > > > >> > > > > > > offcource root word may b come frm female genital organ but> > we> > > > shud> > > > > > > think that always genital organs r considered as symbol of> > > > creation> > > > > > > ,prosperity ,multiplicity ,new productions ,any thing to> > denote> > > > more> > > > > > > better in society .As it can produce new generation which is> > > > > > considered> > > > > > > good always .> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > > regrds sunil nair> > > > > > >> > > > > > > om shreem mahalaxmai namah .> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > > , "Sreenadh"> > > > > > > sreesog@ wrote:> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > Dear Sunil Bhattacharjya ji,> > > > > > > > No - Bhaga and Bhagya are different words with differnet> > > > meanings.> > > > > > > > Bhaga actually means the sexual organ of women. Dur-bhaga> > > means> > > > > > > > bad sexual organ. Actually I have mildly/wrongly earlier> > > > > transilated> > > > > > > it> > > > > > > > as non-beautiful hip. Why she is Durbhaga - may be due to> > lack> > > > of> > > > > > > > beauty, or may be due to diseases, or may be because she> > is a> > > > > > > > prostitute. Interprest as you like.> > > > > > > > Bhagya means luck. Dur-bhaga and Dur-bhagya are entierly> > > > > > > > different things. 'Dur' means 'Bad' ; Dur-Bhaga (Bad> > sexual> > > > organ)> > > > > > and> > > > > > > > Dur-Bhagya (Bad-Luck).> > > > > > > > Love and regards,> > > > > > > > Sreenadh> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > , Sunil> > > > > Bhattacharjya> > > > > > > > sunil_bhattacharjya@ wrote:> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > Dear Sreenadhji,> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > Can Durbhaga mean Abhaga or unfortunate also?> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > Regards,> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > Sunil Bhattacharjya> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Sreenadh sreesog@> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Saturday, August 2, 2008 7:56:31 AM> > > > > > > > > Re: Visha kanya> > > > > > > yoga/Astrological> > > > > > > > concept> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > Dear Sunil ji, Renu ji and all,> > > > > > > > > The story about the Vishakanyas who worked as spys at> > the> > > > > > > > > period of Chandragupta Vikramaditya is interesting; but> > may> > > > not> > > > > be> > > > > > > > much> > > > > > > > > relevent as far as the concept of "Vishakanya" in> > astrology> > > is> > > > > > > > > concerned.> > > > > > > > > In astrology why a girl is called Visha-kanya (Poison-> > girl)> > > ?> > > > > > > > > As per Jataka Tatva, it is because -> > > > > > > > > Sa durbhaga mritapatya dhanona sokarta [she will not> > have a> > > > > > > > > beautiful hip, she will give birth to dead children, she> > > will> > > > > not> > > > > > > have> > > > > > > > enough> > > > > > > > > money, she would be sad always]> > > > > > > > > Or in other words it is the lack of beauty, wealth and> > luck> > > > that> > > > > > > > > makes her Visha-kanya. It is because anyone who marries> > her> > > > will> > > > > > > have> > > > > > > > to> > > > > > > > > share her unluck and sadness. Actually it is the very> > reason> > > > > > because> > > > > > > > of which> > > > > > > > > she is called Vishakanya (Poison-girl) ; it is actually> > her> > > > own> > > > > > > > destiny and the> > > > > > > > > destiny she touch upon (her husband's) is what is> > actually> > > > > > poisoned,> > > > > > > > NOT she> > > > > > > > > herself. The astrological concept of Visha-kanya has> > nothing> > > > to> > > > > do> > > > > > > > > with the deadly spy girls of Vikramaditya period. The> > > > > > > > > astrological concept of Visha kanya is very old and is> > older> > > > > than> > > > > > > the> > > > > > > > > Gupta period, evident from the fact that it gets> > mentioned> > > in> > > > > > Rishi> > > > > > > > Horas.> > > > > > > > > Love and regards,> > > > > > > > > Sreenadh> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

Dear Sreenadhji,

Thank you for the great details, in fact vaman shivram apte has given

on page 390, one of the meanings of bhagah as " pudendum muliebre " , my

book is very old now, so difficult to read at times, thank you again

for bringing this out

Rgds,

bhagavathi

, " Sreenadh "

<sreesog wrote:

>

> Dear Bhaskar ji,

> The " Reference Library " section of the group provides links to

> various online dictionaries. You can access the same at:

>

/links/Reference

s_\

> 001194430939/

>

</links/Referenc

es\

> _001194430939/>

>

> Now coming to the meaning provided by some of these dictionaries for

> 'bahaga' (not any jointer) are given below:

>

> 1) bhaga = vagina

> (http://spokensanskrit.de/index.php?

script=HK & tinput=Bhaga & country_ID= & t\

> rans=Translate & direction=AU

> <http://spokensanskrit.de/index.php?

script=HK & tinput=Bhaga & country_ID= & t\

> rans=Translate & direction=AU> )

>

> 2) bhaga = pudendum of a young girl

> (http://students.washington.edu/prem/mw/mw_Srch.cgi

> <http://students.washington.edu/prem/mw/mw_Srch.cgi> )

>

> 3) But better to understand the word 'bhaga' in its whole beuty as

> given in Cologne Digital Sanskrit Lexicon.

>

>

> bhaga m. (ifc. f. %{A} and %{I} g. %{bahv-Adi}) ` " dispenser " ' ,

> gracious lord , patron (applied to gods , esp. to Savitr2i) RV.

AV. ; N.

> of an A1ditya (bestowing wealth and presiding over love and

marriage ,

> brother of the Dawn , regent of the Nakshatra Uttara-Phalguni1 ;

Ya1ska

> enumerates him among the divinities of the highest sphere ;

according to

> a later legend his eyes were destroyed by Rudra) ib. & c. & c.

[743,3] ;

> the Nakshatra Uñ•´´ara-Phñ¨¡lguni1 MBh. vi , 81 ; the sun ib.

> iii , 146 ; the moon L. ; N. of a Rudra MBh. ; good fortune ,

happiness

> , welfare , prosperity RV. AV. Br. Ya1jn5. BhP. ; (ifc. f. %{A})

dignity

> , majesty , distinction , excellence , beauty , loveliness RV. AV.

Br.

> Gr2S. BhP. ; (also n. L.) love , affection , sexual passion ,

amorous

> pleasure , dalliance RV. AV. Br. Ka1tyS3r. BhP. ; (n. L. ; ifc. f. %

{A})

> the female organs , pudendum muliebre , vulva Mn. MBh. & c. ; (%{A})

f.

> in %{bhagA-nAmnI} below ; n. a partic. Muhu1rta Cat. ; the

perinaeum of

> males L. ; m. n. = %{yatna} , %{prayatna} , %{kIrti} , %{yazas} ,

> %{vairAgya} , %{icchA} , %{jJAna} , %{mukti} , %{mokSa} , %

{dharma} ,

> s3ri1 L. [Cf. Zd. {bagha} = Old Pers. {baga} ; Gk. $ ; & 226046

[743 ,3]

> Slav. {bogu8} , %{bogatu8} ; Lith. {bago4tas} , {na-ba4gas}.] ,

>

> If you refer to other dictionaries as well, then you will came

to know

> that the meaning bhagavati ji tells us is exactly given there and

that

> the following statement is exactly true.

> > > bhagah= several meanings including twelve forms of sun,moon,

love,

> > > amorous dalliance or sport, pleasure, bhagaankurah has been give

> > > as " clitoris " . The male equivalent word for bhagah being

shishnah

> Actually the meaning " clitories " is given for the the

word " bhaga "

> itself in several dictionaries (and it is a popular menating) and as

> bhagavati ji puts it. But ofcourse we are free to go for the other

> meaning of this word as well if not outof context.

> Regards,

> Sreenadh

>

>

> dear bhagawathiji,

> >

> > I am aware of what you have said.

> >

> > but we were discussing just on the word " Bhaga " and not any

jointer

> to

> > that, hence did not mention it.

> >

> > " bhagaankurah' is not 'bhaga' but another word joint to it, to

change

> > the meaning.

> >

> > Just like ' bramachari' ' bramacharin' 'brahmacharini'.

> >

> > Thank you for the disclosures though, on all. I am happy to know

that

> > you too are authentic on your hard work and eforts in the same.

> >

> > Bhaskar.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > ,

> " bhagavathi_hariharan "

> > bhagavathi_hariharan@ wrote:

> > >

> > > Dear Bhaskarji,

> > >

> > > I also refer to Vaman Shivram Apte's dictionary. Well, on page

> > > the word has been discussed extensively

> > >

> > > bhagah= several meanings including twelve forms of sun,moon,

love,

> > > amorous dalliance or sport, pleasure, bhagaankurah has been give

> > > as " clitoris " . The male equivalent word for bhagah being

shishnah

> > >

> > > I lead a BPHS discussion in in

groups.

> > > Since I am translating,I refered to these words for Chapter 18

jaya

> > > phala adhyayah

> > >

> > > //Bhaumanshakagate shukre bhaumakshetragateathava

> > > 13 bhaumayukte cha drishte va bhagachumbhanabhag bhavet//

> > >

> > > If venus be in the navamsa of mars or in the house of mars, or

join

> > > mars or be aspected by mars, then the native will kiss the

private

> > > parts of the female

> > >

> > > //Mandanshakagate shukre mandakshetragate api va

> > > 14 mandayukte cha drishte shishnachumbhanatatparah//

> > >

> > > If venus be in the navamsa of Saturn or in the house of Saturn

or

> > > joins Saturn or be aspected by Saturn, then the native will

kiss the

> > > private parts of the male

> > >

> > > Kind Regards,

> > >

> > > bhagavathi

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > , " Bhaskar "

> > > rajiventerprises@ wrote:

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Dear Sreenadhji,

> > > >

> > > > I consulted the dictionary written by Vaman Shivram Apte, of

> > > Motiilal

> > > > banarsidas. It is a 750 pages dictionary about 50 years old

> edition.

> > > >

> > > > But on retrospection i do remember having read this word

> > > > " Bhagachumban " in the past, in the " Kamasutras' and also in

the

> > > > astrological texts, as effects of certain planetary

configurations

> > > > present in a chart which may bring about this yoga.

> > > >

> > > > thanks and best wishes,

> > > >

> > > > Bhaskar.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > , " Sreenadh "

> > > > <sreesog@> wrote:

> > > > >

> > > > > Dear Bhaskar ji,

> > > > > ==>

> > > > > From where does the meaning of female Yoni occur for Bhaga

or

> > > bhaaga

> > > > or

> > > > > abhaga or abhaaga? i dont find this in my Sanskrit

dictionary .

> > > > > <==

> > > > > Meaning of 'Bhaga' as 'Yoni' - You will find it in EVERY

good

> > > > > sanskrit dictionary. It is a very popular meaning, and is

> > > available in

> > > > > almost all dictionaries.

> > > > > Love and regards,

> > > > > Sreenadh

> > > > >

> > > > > , " Bhaskar "

> > > > > rajiventerprises@ wrote:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Dear Sreenadhji and Sunilji, Bhaga ( Pronounce as Hug or

Rug

> > > after

> > > > > > changing H or R here to Bh ) Bhaga concernes related to

divine

> > > ( As

> > > > > in

> > > > > > Bhagavad Gita ) But Bhaaga ( Pronounced as in Raaga (of

music)

> > > but

> > > > > > change R to Bh) also does not denote meaning of yoni of

> female,

> > > but

> > > > > > gives meaning as portion of, Share of, Part. Abhaaga

denotes

> > > without

> > > > > a

> > > > > > share, or undivided. Abhaga denotes ill fated ot

unfortunate.

> > > From

> > > > > > where does the meaning of female Yoni occur for Bhaga or

> bhaaga

> > > or

> > > > > > abhaga or abhaaga? i dont find this in my Sanskrit

dictionary

> .

> > > it

> > > > > must

> > > > > > have been a ancient word or probably added later. Dont

know.

> > > > > regards,

> > > > > > bhaskar.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > --- In

, " Sreenadh "

> > > > > > sreesog@ wrote:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Dear Sunil ji,

> > > > > > > I agree. The word 'Bhaga' has numerous meanings such as

> > > Ishwarya

> > > > > > > (sri, wellbeing), female , and so on. As per the

definition

> of

> > > > > 'Bhaga'

> > > > > > > as used in 'Bhagavan' and 'Bhagavati' it is combination

of 6

> > > great

> > > > > > > qualities (for the list I would have to refer).

> > > > > > > But as far as Sunil Bhattacharjya ji's example is

> considered,

> > > he

> > > > is

> > > > > > > quoting 'Abhaaga'. Bhaga (the female genital organ) and

> Bhaaga

> > > > > > > (division) are words with entirely different

meaning. 'A-

> > > Bhaaga'

> > > > > means

> > > > > > > 'the one who does not got the division (she deserved in

a

> > > division

> > > > > of

> > > > > > > property)'. Abhaaga is unfortunate only in the sense

that

> she

> > > does

> > > > > not

> > > > > > > got the bhaaga (divison/portion) of the property she

> deserved.

> > > > > > > Sreenadh

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > , " sunil

> nair "

> > > > > > > astro_tellerkerala@ wrote:

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Hare rama krishna

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > dear sreenadh ji and sunil bhattacharya ji

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Bhaga has another meaning aishwaryam ( or prosperous

is it

> > > write

> > > > > > > > translation )

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > remebr the words bhagavan and bhagavathi

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > so durbhaga means having opposite qulaities ,the

problem

> > > with

> > > > > > > sanskrit

> > > > > > > > is 100 meanings .

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > offcource root word may b come frm female genital

organ

> but

> > > we

> > > > > shud

> > > > > > > > think that always genital organs r considered as

symbol of

> > > > > creation

> > > > > > > > ,prosperity ,multiplicity ,new productions ,any thing

to

> > > denote

> > > > > more

> > > > > > > > better in society .As it can produce new generation

which

> is

> > > > > > > considered

> > > > > > > > good always .

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > regrds sunil nair

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > om shreem mahalaxmai namah .

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > ,

> " Sreenadh "

> > > > > > > > sreesog@ wrote:

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Dear Sunil Bhattacharjya ji,

> > > > > > > > > No - Bhaga and Bhagya are different words with

differnet

> > > > > meanings.

> > > > > > > > > Bhaga actually means the sexual organ of women.

> Dur-bhaga

> > > > means

> > > > > > > > > bad sexual organ. Actually I have mildly/wrongly

earlier

> > > > > > transilated

> > > > > > > > it

> > > > > > > > > as non-beautiful hip. Why she is Durbhaga - may be

due

> to

> > > lack

> > > > > of

> > > > > > > > > beauty, or may be due to diseases, or may be

because she

> > > is a

> > > > > > > > > prostitute. Interprest as you like.

> > > > > > > > > Bhagya means luck. Dur-bhaga and Dur-bhagya are

entierly

> > > > > > > > > different things. 'Dur' means 'Bad' ; Dur-Bhaga (Bad

> > > sexual

> > > > > organ)

> > > > > > > and

> > > > > > > > > Dur-Bhagya (Bad-Luck).

> > > > > > > > > Love and regards,

> > > > > > > > > Sreenadh

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > ,

Sunil

> > > > > > Bhattacharjya

> > > > > > > > > sunil_bhattacharjya@ wrote:

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Dear Sreenadhji,

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Can Durbhaga mean Abhaga or unfortunate also?

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Regards,

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Sunil Bhattacharjya

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Sreenadh sreesog@

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Saturday, August 2, 2008 7:56:31 AM

> > > > > > > > > > Re: Visha

kanya

> > > > > > > > yoga/Astrological

> > > > > > > > > concept

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Dear Sunil ji, Renu ji and all,

> > > > > > > > > > The story about the Vishakanyas who worked as

spys at

> > > the

> > > > > > > > > > period of Chandragupta Vikramaditya is

interesting;

> but

> > > may

> > > > > not

> > > > > > be

> > > > > > > > > much

> > > > > > > > > > relevent as far as the concept of " Vishakanya " in

> > > astrology

> > > > is

> > > > > > > > > > concerned.

> > > > > > > > > > In astrology why a girl is called Visha-kanya

(Poison-

> > > girl)

> > > > ?

> > > > > > > > > > As per Jataka Tatva, it is because -

> > > > > > > > > > Sa durbhaga mritapatya dhanona sokarta [she will

not

> > > have a

> > > > > > > > > > beautiful hip, she will give birth to dead

children,

> she

> > > > will

> > > > > > not

> > > > > > > > have

> > > > > > > > > enough

> > > > > > > > > > money, she would be sad always]

> > > > > > > > > > Or in other words it is the lack of beauty,

wealth and

> > > luck

> > > > > that

> > > > > > > > > > makes her Visha-kanya. It is because anyone who

> marries

> > > her

> > > > > will

> > > > > > > > have

> > > > > > > > > to

> > > > > > > > > > share her unluck and sadness. Actually it is the

very

> > > reason

> > > > > > > because

> > > > > > > > > of which

> > > > > > > > > > she is called Vishakanya (Poison-girl) ; it is

> actually

> > > her

> > > > > own

> > > > > > > > > destiny and the

> > > > > > > > > > destiny she touch upon (her husband's) is what is

> > > actually

> > > > > > > poisoned,

> > > > > > > > > NOT she

> > > > > > > > > > herself. The astrological concept of Visha-kanya

has

> > > nothing

> > > > > to

> > > > > > do

> > > > > > > > > > with the deadly spy girls of Vikramaditya period.

The

> > > > > > > > > > astrological concept of Visha kanya is very old

and is

> > > older

> > > > > > than

> > > > > > > > the

> > > > > > > > > > Gupta period, evident from the fact that it gets

> > > mentioned

> > > > in

> > > > > > > Rishi

> > > > > > > > > Horas.

> > > > > > > > > > Love and regards,

> > > > > > > > > > Sreenadh

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Dear Sreenadhji,

dear Sir, there was no need to go into so much details and do so much hard work, and spend so much time on this. i really dont care for the meaning of this word, as my work in astrology is related only to predictive astrology and all my efforts in this science are always directed (a) to make people more better with whatever knowledge I have (b) To make my own predictive abilities better by the week, and any other discussion for me is actually a un-necessary utilistion of time. i just share some of these discussions for relaxation and not from any academic point of view.

I am also not into any kind of sexual astrology, nor interested in the same. So for me it does not matter at all.

I would prefer to know and be at peace in understanding the meaning of " Bhaga " as related to Bhagavad gita, Bhagawaan, Bhagawad bhajan , Bhagwate as in the mantra 'om namo bhagvate vasudevaya' and the likes. i would rather stay away from the bhaga meaning 'clitoris' and not have anything to do with any such reference or references or spend my time on the expansion of such attributes related to this particular meaning of this word. Anyways i dont understand sanskrit apart from whatever mantras I do, and take care to know the meaning of the sanskrit words as in ' Ram Raksha stotra, Vishnusahasranaam, Aditya hrdyam Stotra, Durga saptashati, nd the likes. beyond this I have no interest because Life is short and things to do and learn are many, and everyone has to focus on what he wishes to be proficient in.

best wishes,

bhaskar.

, "Sreenadh" <sreesog wrote:>> Dear Bhaskar ji,> The "Reference Library" section of the group provides links to> various online dictionaries. You can access the same at:> /links/References_\> 001194430939/> </links/References\> _001194430939/>> > Now coming to the meaning provided by some of these dictionaries for> 'bahaga' (not any jointer) are given below:> > 1) bhaga = vagina> (http://spokensanskrit.de/index.php?script=HK & tinput=Bhaga & country_ID= & t\> rans=Translate & direction=AU> <http://spokensanskrit.de/index.php?script=HK & tinput=Bhaga & country_ID= & t\> rans=Translate & direction=AU> )> > 2) bhaga = pudendum of a young girl> (http://students.washington.edu/prem/mw/mw_Srch.cgi> <http://students.washington.edu/prem/mw/mw_Srch.cgi> )> > 3) But better to understand the word 'bhaga' in its whole beuty as> given in Cologne Digital Sanskrit Lexicon.> > > bhaga m. (ifc. f. %{A} and %{I} g. %{bahv-Adi}) `" dispenser "' ,> gracious lord , patron (applied to gods , esp. to Savitr2i) RV. AV. ; N.> of an A1ditya (bestowing wealth and presiding over love and marriage ,> brother of the Dawn , regent of the Nakshatra Uttara-Phalguni1 ; Ya1ska> enumerates him among the divinities of the highest sphere ; according to> a later legend his eyes were destroyed by Rudra) ib. & c. & c. [743,3] ;> the Nakshatra Uñ•´´ara-Phñ¨¡lguni1 MBh. vi , 81 ; the sun ib.> iii , 146 ; the moon L. ; N. of a Rudra MBh. ; good fortune , happiness> , welfare , prosperity RV. AV. Br. Ya1jn5. BhP. ; (ifc. f. %{A}) dignity> , majesty , distinction , excellence , beauty , loveliness RV. AV. Br.> Gr2S. BhP. ; (also n. L.) love , affection , sexual passion , amorous> pleasure , dalliance RV. AV. Br. Ka1tyS3r. BhP. ; (n. L. ; ifc. f. %{A})> the female organs , pudendum muliebre , vulva Mn. MBh. & c. ; (%{A}) f.> in %{bhagA-nAmnI} below ; n. a partic. Muhu1rta Cat. ; the perinaeum of> males L. ; m. n. = %{yatna} , %{prayatna} , %{kIrti} , %{yazas} ,> %{vairAgya} , %{icchA} , %{jJAna} , %{mukti} , %{mokSa} , %{dharma} ,> s3ri1 L. [Cf. Zd. {bagha} = Old Pers. {baga} ; Gk. $ ; & 226046[743 ,3]> Slav. {bogu8} , %{bogatu8} ; Lith. {bago4tas} , {na-ba4gas}.] ,> > If you refer to other dictionaries as well, then you will came to know> that the meaning bhagavati ji tells us is exactly given there and that> the following statement is exactly true.> > > bhagah= several meanings including twelve forms of sun,moon, love,> > > amorous dalliance or sport, pleasure, bhagaankurah has been give> > > as "clitoris". The male equivalent word for bhagah being shishnah> Actually the meaning "clitories" is given for the the word "bhaga"> itself in several dictionaries (and it is a popular menating) and as> bhagavati ji puts it. But ofcourse we are free to go for the other> meaning of this word as well if not outof context.> Regards,> Sreenadh> > > dear bhagawathiji,> >> > I am aware of what you have said.> >> > but we were discussing just on the word " Bhaga" and not any jointer> to> > that, hence did not mention it.> >> > "bhagaankurah' is not 'bhaga' but another word joint to it, to change> > the meaning.> >> > Just like ' bramachari' ' bramacharin' 'brahmacharini'.> >> > Thank you for the disclosures though, on all. I am happy to know that> > you too are authentic on your hard work and eforts in the same.> >> > Bhaskar.> >> >> >> >> > ,> "bhagavathi_hariharan"> > bhagavathi_hariharan@ wrote:> > >> > > Dear Bhaskarji,> > >> > > I also refer to Vaman Shivram Apte's dictionary. Well, on page 398> > > the word has been discussed extensively> > >> > > bhagah= several meanings including twelve forms of sun,moon, love,> > > amorous dalliance or sport, pleasure, bhagaankurah has been give> > > as "clitoris". The male equivalent word for bhagah being shishnah> > >> > > I lead a BPHS discussion in in .> > > Since I am translating,I refered to these words for Chapter 18 jaya> > > phala adhyayah> > >> > > //Bhaumanshakagate shukre bhaumakshetragateathava> > > 13 bhaumayukte cha drishte va bhagachumbhanabhag bhavet//> > >> > > If venus be in the navamsa of mars or in the house of mars, or join> > > mars or be aspected by mars, then the native will kiss the private> > > parts of the female> > >> > > //Mandanshakagate shukre mandakshetragate api va> > > 14 mandayukte cha drishte shishnachumbhanatatparah//> > >> > > If venus be in the navamsa of Saturn or in the house of Saturn or> > > joins Saturn or be aspected by Saturn, then the native will kiss the> > > private parts of the male> > >> > > Kind Regards,> > >> > > bhagavathi> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > > , "Bhaskar"> > > rajiventerprises@ wrote:> > > >> > > >> > > > Dear Sreenadhji,> > > >> > > > I consulted the dictionary written by Vaman Shivram Apte, of> > > Motiilal> > > > banarsidas. It is a 750 pages dictionary about 50 years old> edition.> > > >> > > > But on retrospection i do remember having read this word> > > > " Bhagachumban" in the past, in the "Kamasutras' and also in the> > > > astrological texts, as effects of certain planetary configurations> > > > present in a chart which may bring about this yoga.> > > >> > > > thanks and best wishes,> > > >> > > > Bhaskar.> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > , "Sreenadh"> > > > <sreesog@> wrote:> > > > >> > > > > Dear Bhaskar ji,> > > > > ==>> > > > > From where does the meaning of female Yoni occur for Bhaga or> > > bhaaga> > > > or> > > > > abhaga or abhaaga? i dont find this in my Sanskrit dictionary .> > > > > <==> > > > > Meaning of 'Bhaga' as 'Yoni' - You will find it in EVERY good> > > > > sanskrit dictionary. It is a very popular meaning, and is> > > available in> > > > > almost all dictionaries.> > > > > Love and regards,> > > > > Sreenadh> > > > >> > > > > , "Bhaskar"> > > > > rajiventerprises@ wrote:> > > > > >> > > > > > Dear Sreenadhji and Sunilji, Bhaga ( Pronounce as Hug or Rug> > > after> > > > > > changing H or R here to Bh ) Bhaga concernes related to divine> > > ( As> > > > > in> > > > > > Bhagavad Gita ) But Bhaaga ( Pronounced as in Raaga (of music)> > > but> > > > > > change R to Bh) also does not denote meaning of yoni of> female,> > > but> > > > > > gives meaning as portion of, Share of, Part. Abhaaga denotes> > > without> > > > > a> > > > > > share, or undivided. Abhaga denotes ill fated ot unfortunate.> > > From> > > > > > where does the meaning of female Yoni occur for Bhaga or> bhaaga> > > or> > > > > > abhaga or abhaaga? i dont find this in my Sanskrit dictionary> .> > > it> > > > > must> > > > > > have been a ancient word or probably added later. Dont know.> > > > > regards,> > > > > > bhaskar.> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > , "Sreenadh"> > > > > > sreesog@ wrote:> > > > > > >> > > > > > > Dear Sunil ji,> > > > > > > I agree. The word 'Bhaga' has numerous meanings such as> > > Ishwarya> > > > > > > (sri, wellbeing), female , and so on. As per the definition> of> > > > > 'Bhaga'> > > > > > > as used in 'Bhagavan' and 'Bhagavati' it is combination of 6> > > great> > > > > > > qualities (for the list I would have to refer).> > > > > > > But as far as Sunil Bhattacharjya ji's example is> considered,> > > he> > > > is> > > > > > > quoting 'Abhaaga'. Bhaga (the female genital organ) and> Bhaaga> > > > > > > (division) are words with entirely different meaning. 'A-> > > Bhaaga'> > > > > means> > > > > > > 'the one who does not got the division (she deserved in a> > > division> > > > > of> > > > > > > property)'. Abhaaga is unfortunate only in the sense that> she> > > does> > > > > not> > > > > > > got the bhaaga (divison/portion) of the property she> deserved.> > > > > > > Love and regards,> > > > > > > Sreenadh> > > > > > >> > > > > > > , "sunil> nair"> > > > > > > astro_tellerkerala@ wrote:> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > Hare rama krishna> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > dear sreenadh ji and sunil bhattacharya ji> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > Bhaga has another meaning aishwaryam ( or prosperous is it> > > write> > > > > > > > translation )> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > remebr the words bhagavan and bhagavathi> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > so durbhaga means having opposite qulaities ,the problem> > > with> > > > > > > sanskrit> > > > > > > > is 100 meanings .> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > offcource root word may b come frm female genital organ> but> > > we> > > > > shud> > > > > > > > think that always genital organs r considered as symbol of> > > > > creation> > > > > > > > ,prosperity ,multiplicity ,new productions ,any thing to> > > denote> > > > > more> > > > > > > > better in society .As it can produce new generation which> is> > > > > > > considered> > > > > > > > good always .> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > regrds sunil nair> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > om shreem mahalaxmai namah .> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > ,> "Sreenadh"> > > > > > > > sreesog@ wrote:> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > Dear Sunil Bhattacharjya ji,> > > > > > > > > No - Bhaga and Bhagya are different words with differnet> > > > > meanings.> > > > > > > > > Bhaga actually means the sexual organ of women.> Dur-bhaga> > > > means> > > > > > > > > bad sexual organ. Actually I have mildly/wrongly earlier> > > > > > transilated> > > > > > > > it> > > > > > > > > as non-beautiful hip. Why she is Durbhaga - may be due> to> > > lack> > > > > of> > > > > > > > > beauty, or may be due to diseases, or may be because she> > > is a> > > > > > > > > prostitute. Interprest as you like.> > > > > > > > > Bhagya means luck. Dur-bhaga and Dur-bhagya are entierly> > > > > > > > > different things. 'Dur' means 'Bad' ; Dur-Bhaga (Bad> > > sexual> > > > > organ)> > > > > > > and> > > > > > > > > Dur-Bhagya (Bad-Luck).> > > > > > > > > Love and regards,> > > > > > > > > Sreenadh> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > , Sunil> > > > > > Bhattacharjya> > > > > > > > > sunil_bhattacharjya@ wrote:> > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > Dear Sreenadhji,> > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > Can Durbhaga mean Abhaga or unfortunate also?> > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > Regards,> > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > Sunil Bhattacharjya> > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Sreenadh sreesog@> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Saturday, August 2, 2008 7:56:31 AM> > > > > > > > > > Re: Visha kanya> > > > > > > > yoga/Astrological> > > > > > > > > concept> > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > Dear Sunil ji, Renu ji and all,> > > > > > > > > > The story about the Vishakanyas who worked as spys at> > > the> > > > > > > > > > period of Chandragupta Vikramaditya is interesting;> but> > > may> > > > > not> > > > > > be> > > > > > > > > much> > > > > > > > > > relevent as far as the concept of "Vishakanya" in> > > astrology> > > > is> > > > > > > > > > concerned.> > > > > > > > > > In astrology why a girl is called Visha-kanya (Poison-> > > girl)> > > > ?> > > > > > > > > > As per Jataka Tatva, it is because -> > > > > > > > > > Sa durbhaga mritapatya dhanona sokarta [she will not> > > have a> > > > > > > > > > beautiful hip, she will give birth to dead children,> she> > > > will> > > > > > not> > > > > > > > have> > > > > > > > > enough> > > > > > > > > > money, she would be sad always]> > > > > > > > > > Or in other words it is the lack of beauty, wealth and> > > luck> > > > > that> > > > > > > > > > makes her Visha-kanya. It is because anyone who> marries> > > her> > > > > will> > > > > > > > have> > > > > > > > > to> > > > > > > > > > share her unluck and sadness. Actually it is the very> > > reason> > > > > > > because> > > > > > > > > of which> > > > > > > > > > she is called Vishakanya (Poison-girl) ; it is> actually> > > her> > > > > own> > > > > > > > > destiny and the> > > > > > > > > > destiny she touch upon (her husband's) is what is> > > actually> > > > > > > poisoned,> > > > > > > > > NOT she> > > > > > > > > > herself. The astrological concept of Visha-kanya has> > > nothing> > > > > to> > > > > > do> > > > > > > > > > with the deadly spy girls of Vikramaditya period. The> > > > > > > > > > astrological concept of Visha kanya is very old and is> > > older> > > > > > than> > > > > > > > the> > > > > > > > > > Gupta period, evident from the fact that it gets> > > mentioned> > > > in> > > > > > > Rishi> > > > > > > > > Horas.> > > > > > > > > > Love and regards,> > > > > > > > > > Sreenadh> > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

Dear Bhaskar ji, Ok. Let us drop this subject and move on. :) No worres. Hugs.Love and regards,Sreenadh , "Bhaskar" <rajiventerprises wrote:>> > Dear Sreenadhji,> > dear Sir, there was no need to go into so much details and do so much> hard work, and spend so much time on this. i really dont care for the> meaning of this word, as my work in astrology is related only to> predictive astrology and all my efforts in this science are always> directed (a) to make people more better with whatever knowledge I have> (b) To make my own predictive abilities better by the week, and any> other discussion for me is actually a un-necessary utilistion of time. i> just share some of these discussions for relaxation and not from any> academic point of view.> > I am also not into any kind of sexual astrology, nor interested in the> same. So for me it does not matter at all.> > I would prefer to know and be at peace in understanding the meaning of "> Bhaga " as related to Bhagavad gita, Bhagawaan, Bhagawad bhajan , > Bhagwate as in the mantra 'om namo bhagvate vasudevaya' and the likes. > i would rather stay away from the bhaga meaning 'clitoris' and not have> anything to do with any such reference or references or spend my time on> the expansion of such attributes related to this particular meaning of> this word. Anyways i dont understand sanskrit apart from whatever> mantras I do, and take care to know the meaning of the sanskrit words as> in ' Ram Raksha stotra, Vishnusahasranaam, Aditya hrdyam Stotra, Durga> saptashati, nd the likes. beyond this I have no interest because Life> is short and things to do and learn are many, and everyone has to focus> on what he wishes to be proficient in.> > best wishes,> > bhaskar.> > > > > , "Sreenadh"> sreesog@ wrote:> >> > Dear Bhaskar ji,> > The "Reference Library" section of the group provides links to> > various online dictionaries. You can access the same at:> >> /links/References_\> \> > 001194430939/> >> </links/References\> \> > _001194430939/>> >> > Now coming to the meaning provided by some of these dictionaries for> > 'bahaga' (not any jointer) are given below:> >> > 1) bhaga = vagina> >> (http://spokensanskrit.de/index.php?script=HK & tinput=Bhaga & country_ID= & t\> \> > rans=Translate & direction=AU> >> <http://spokensanskrit.de/index.php?script=HK & tinput=Bhaga & country_ID= & t\> \> > rans=Translate & direction=AU> )> >> > 2) bhaga = pudendum of a young girl> > (http://students.washington.edu/prem/mw/mw_Srch.cgi> > <http://students.washington.edu/prem/mw/mw_Srch.cgi> )> >> > 3) But better to understand the word 'bhaga' in its whole beuty as> > given in Cologne Digital Sanskrit Lexicon.> >> >> > bhaga m. (ifc. f. %{A} and %{I} g. %{bahv-Adi}) `" dispenser "' ,> > gracious lord , patron (applied to gods , esp. to Savitr2i) RV. AV. ;> N.> > of an A1ditya (bestowing wealth and presiding over love and marriage ,> > brother of the Dawn , regent of the Nakshatra Uttara-Phalguni1 ;> Ya1ska> > enumerates him among the divinities of the highest sphere ; according> to> > a later legend his eyes were destroyed by Rudra) ib. & c. & c. [743,3] ;> > the Nakshatra Uñ•´´ara-Phñ¨¡lguni1 MBh. vi , 81 ; the sun ib.> > iii , 146 ; the moon L. ; N. of a Rudra MBh. ; good fortune ,> happiness> > , welfare , prosperity RV. AV. Br. Ya1jn5. BhP. ; (ifc. f. %{A})> dignity> > , majesty , distinction , excellence , beauty , loveliness RV. AV. Br.> > Gr2S. BhP. ; (also n. L.) love , affection , sexual passion , amorous> > pleasure , dalliance RV. AV. Br. Ka1tyS3r. BhP. ; (n. L. ; ifc. f.> %{A})> > the female organs , pudendum muliebre , vulva Mn. MBh. & c. ; (%{A}) f.> > in %{bhagA-nAmnI} below ; n. a partic. Muhu1rta Cat. ; the perinaeum> of> > males L. ; m. n. = %{yatna} , %{prayatna} , %{kIrti} , %{yazas} ,> > %{vairAgya} , %{icchA} , %{jJAna} , %{mukti} , %{mokSa} , %{dharma} ,> > s3ri1 L. [Cf. Zd. {bagha} = Old Pers. {baga} ; Gk. $ ; & 226046[743 ,3]> > Slav. {bogu8} , %{bogatu8} ; Lith. {bago4tas} , {na-ba4gas}.] ,> >> > If you refer to other dictionaries as well, then you will came to know> > that the meaning bhagavati ji tells us is exactly given there and that> > the following statement is exactly true.> > > > bhagah= several meanings including twelve forms of sun,moon, love,> > > > amorous dalliance or sport, pleasure, bhagaankurah has been give> > > > as "clitoris". The male equivalent word for bhagah being shishnah> > Actually the meaning "clitories" is given for the the word "bhaga"> > itself in several dictionaries (and it is a popular menating) and as> > bhagavati ji puts it. But ofcourse we are free to go for the other> > meaning of this word as well if not outof context.> > Regards,> > Sreenadh> >> >> > dear bhagawathiji,> > >> > > I am aware of what you have said.> > >> > > but we were discussing just on the word " Bhaga" and not any jointer> > to> > > that, hence did not mention it.> > >> > > "bhagaankurah' is not 'bhaga' but another word joint to it, to> change> > > the meaning.> > >> > > Just like ' bramachari' ' bramacharin' 'brahmacharini'.> > >> > > Thank you for the disclosures though, on all. I am happy to know> that> > > you too are authentic on your hard work and eforts in the same.> > >> > > Bhaskar.> > >> > >> > >> > >> > > ,> > "bhagavathi_hariharan"> > > bhagavathi_hariharan@ wrote:> > > >> > > > Dear Bhaskarji,> > > >> > > > I also refer to Vaman Shivram Apte's dictionary. Well, on page 398> > > > the word has been discussed extensively> > > >> > > > bhagah= several meanings including twelve forms of sun,moon, love,> > > > amorous dalliance or sport, pleasure, bhagaankurah has been give> > > > as "clitoris". The male equivalent word for bhagah being shishnah> > > >> > > > I lead a BPHS discussion in in > groups.> > > > Since I am translating,I refered to these words for Chapter 18> jaya> > > > phala adhyayah> > > >> > > > //Bhaumanshakagate shukre bhaumakshetragateathava> > > > 13 bhaumayukte cha drishte va bhagachumbhanabhag bhavet//> > > >> > > > If venus be in the navamsa of mars or in the house of mars, or> join> > > > mars or be aspected by mars, then the native will kiss the private> > > > parts of the female> > > >> > > > //Mandanshakagate shukre mandakshetragate api va> > > > 14 mandayukte cha drishte shishnachumbhanatatparah//> > > >> > > > If venus be in the navamsa of Saturn or in the house of Saturn or> > > > joins Saturn or be aspected by Saturn, then the native will kiss> the> > > > private parts of the male> > > >> > > > Kind Regards,> > > >> > > > bhagavathi> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > , "Bhaskar"> > > > rajiventerprises@ wrote:> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > Dear Sreenadhji,> > > > >> > > > > I consulted the dictionary written by Vaman Shivram Apte, of> > > > Motiilal> > > > > banarsidas. It is a 750 pages dictionary about 50 years old> > edition.> > > > >> > > > > But on retrospection i do remember having read this word> > > > > " Bhagachumban" in the past, in the "Kamasutras' and also in the> > > > > astrological texts, as effects of certain planetary> configurations> > > > > present in a chart which may bring about this yoga.> > > > >> > > > > thanks and best wishes,> > > > >> > > > > Bhaskar.> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > , "Sreenadh"> > > > > <sreesog@> wrote:> > > > > >> > > > > > Dear Bhaskar ji,> > > > > > ==>> > > > > > From where does the meaning of female Yoni occur for Bhaga or> > > > bhaaga> > > > > or> > > > > > abhaga or abhaaga? i dont find this in my Sanskrit dictionary> .> > > > > > <==> > > > > > Meaning of 'Bhaga' as 'Yoni' - You will find it in EVERY good> > > > > > sanskrit dictionary. It is a very popular meaning, and is> > > > available in> > > > > > almost all dictionaries.> > > > > > Love and regards,> > > > > > Sreenadh> > > > > >> > > > > > , "Bhaskar"> > > > > > rajiventerprises@ wrote:> > > > > > >> > > > > > > Dear Sreenadhji and Sunilji, Bhaga ( Pronounce as Hug or Rug> > > > after> > > > > > > changing H or R here to Bh ) Bhaga concernes related to> divine> > > > ( As> > > > > > in> > > > > > > Bhagavad Gita ) But Bhaaga ( Pronounced as in Raaga (of> music)> > > > but> > > > > > > change R to Bh) also does not denote meaning of yoni of> > female,> > > > but> > > > > > > gives meaning as portion of, Share of, Part. Abhaaga denotes> > > > without> > > > > > a> > > > > > > share, or undivided. Abhaga denotes ill fated ot> unfortunate.> > > > From> > > > > > > where does the meaning of female Yoni occur for Bhaga or> > bhaaga> > > > or> > > > > > > abhaga or abhaaga? i dont find this in my Sanskrit> dictionary> > .> > > > it> > > > > > must> > > > > > > have been a ancient word or probably added later. Dont know.> > > > > > regards,> > > > > > > bhaskar.> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > > , "Sreenadh"> > > > > > > sreesog@ wrote:> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > Dear Sunil ji,> > > > > > > > I agree. The word 'Bhaga' has numerous meanings such as> > > > Ishwarya> > > > > > > > (sri, wellbeing), female , and so on. As per the> definition> > of> > > > > > 'Bhaga'> > > > > > > > as used in 'Bhagavan' and 'Bhagavati' it is combination of> 6> > > > great> > > > > > > > qualities (for the list I would have to refer).> > > > > > > > But as far as Sunil Bhattacharjya ji's example is> > considered,> > > > he> > > > > is> > > > > > > > quoting 'Abhaaga'. Bhaga (the female genital organ) and> > Bhaaga> > > > > > > > (division) are words with entirely different meaning. 'A-> > > > Bhaaga'> > > > > > means> > > > > > > > 'the one who does not got the division (she deserved in a> > > > division> > > > > > of> > > > > > > > property)'. Abhaaga is unfortunate only in the sense that> > she> > > > does> > > > > > not> > > > > > > > got the bhaaga (divison/portion) of the property she> > deserved.> > > > > > > > Love and regards,> > > > > > > > Sreenadh> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > , "sunil> > nair"> > > > > > > > astro_tellerkerala@ wrote:> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > Hare rama krishna> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > dear sreenadh ji and sunil bhattacharya ji> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > Bhaga has another meaning aishwaryam ( or prosperous is> it> > > > write> > > > > > > > > translation )> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > remebr the words bhagavan and bhagavathi> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > so durbhaga means having opposite qulaities ,the problem> > > > with> > > > > > > > sanskrit> > > > > > > > > is 100 meanings .> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > offcource root word may b come frm female genital organ> > but> > > > we> > > > > > shud> > > > > > > > > think that always genital organs r considered as symbol> of> > > > > > creation> > > > > > > > > ,prosperity ,multiplicity ,new productions ,any thing to> > > > denote> > > > > > more> > > > > > > > > better in society .As it can produce new generation> which> > is> > > > > > > > considered> > > > > > > > > good always .> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > regrds sunil nair> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > om shreem mahalaxmai namah .> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > ,> > "Sreenadh"> > > > > > > > > sreesog@ wrote:> > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > Dear Sunil Bhattacharjya ji,> > > > > > > > > > No - Bhaga and Bhagya are different words with> differnet> > > > > > meanings.> > > > > > > > > > Bhaga actually means the sexual organ of women.> > Dur-bhaga> > > > > means> > > > > > > > > > bad sexual organ. Actually I have mildly/wrongly> earlier> > > > > > > transilated> > > > > > > > > it> > > > > > > > > > as non-beautiful hip. Why she is Durbhaga - may be due> > to> > > > lack> > > > > > of> > > > > > > > > > beauty, or may be due to diseases, or may be because> she> > > > is a> > > > > > > > > > prostitute. Interprest as you like.> > > > > > > > > > Bhagya means luck. Dur-bhaga and Dur-bhagya are> entierly> > > > > > > > > > different things. 'Dur' means 'Bad' ; Dur-Bhaga (Bad> > > > sexual> > > > > > organ)> > > > > > > > and> > > > > > > > > > Dur-Bhagya (Bad-Luck).> > > > > > > > > > Love and regards,> > > > > > > > > > Sreenadh> > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > , Sunil> > > > > > > Bhattacharjya> > > > > > > > > > sunil_bhattacharjya@ wrote:> > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > Dear Sreenadhji,> > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > Can Durbhaga mean Abhaga or unfortunate also?> > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > Regards,> > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > Sunil Bhattacharjya> > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Sreenadh sreesog@> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Saturday, August 2, 2008 7:56:31 AM> > > > > > > > > > > Re: Visha kanya> > > > > > > > > yoga/Astrological> > > > > > > > > > concept> > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > Dear Sunil ji, Renu ji and all,> > > > > > > > > > > The story about the Vishakanyas who worked as spys> at> > > > the> > > > > > > > > > > period of Chandragupta Vikramaditya is interesting;> > but> > > > may> > > > > > not> > > > > > > be> > > > > > > > > > much> > > > > > > > > > > relevent as far as the concept of "Vishakanya" in> > > > astrology> > > > > is> > > > > > > > > > > concerned.> > > > > > > > > > > In astrology why a girl is called Visha-kanya> (Poison-> > > > girl)> > > > > ?> > > > > > > > > > > As per Jataka Tatva, it is because -> > > > > > > > > > > Sa durbhaga mritapatya dhanona sokarta [she will not> > > > have a> > > > > > > > > > > beautiful hip, she will give birth to dead children,> > she> > > > > will> > > > > > > not> > > > > > > > > have> > > > > > > > > > enough> > > > > > > > > > > money, she would be sad always]> > > > > > > > > > > Or in other words it is the lack of beauty, wealth> and> > > > luck> > > > > > that> > > > > > > > > > > makes her Visha-kanya. It is because anyone who> > marries> > > > her> > > > > > will> > > > > > > > > have> > > > > > > > > > to> > > > > > > > > > > share her unluck and sadness. Actually it is the> very> > > > reason> > > > > > > > because> > > > > > > > > > of which> > > > > > > > > > > she is called Vishakanya (Poison-girl) ; it is> > actually> > > > her> > > > > > own> > > > > > > > > > destiny and the> > > > > > > > > > > destiny she touch upon (her husband's) is what is> > > > actually> > > > > > > > poisoned,> > > > > > > > > > NOT she> > > > > > > > > > > herself. The astrological concept of Visha-kanya has> > > > nothing> > > > > > to> > > > > > > do> > > > > > > > > > > with the deadly spy girls of Vikramaditya period.> The> > > > > > > > > > > astrological concept of Visha kanya is very old and> is> > > > older> > > > > > > than> > > > > > > > > the> > > > > > > > > > > Gupta period, evident from the fact that it gets> > > > mentioned> > > > > in> > > > > > > > Rishi> > > > > > > > > > Horas.> > > > > > > > > > > Love and regards,> > > > > > > > > > > Sreenadh> > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

Dear Bhaskar Ji and All,

Out of curiosity and just as an Academic purpose i casted " Rekha's "

chart with the data provided by you.

And also if i am not wrong, i belive Rekha is still a *Wish* Kanya

for many people:-):-) who has seen her or her movies!!..

If we assume the given b'data is somewhat correct then..I am getting

Leo Lagna (Using KP Ayanmsa in JHora S/w) Lagna is 0'45' in Gandanta.

Rahu Ketu are also in close cusp 0'14'Sco and 0'14' respectively.

All these positions are capable of giving Sudden jolts to the

native..However what i didn't understand and would like to know some

insights from the learned people out here is that...

1. JupR is placed in his own house i.e. 8H as we know 8H shows

the " Strength of the Maangalya " (Since Sreeram Ji and you are talking

about her 2-3 Marriages i am bringing this issue ONLY..) and also see

her UL is also placed in 8H.

2. JupR sitting in 8H aspecting her 7L Shani who is in 12H

wondering How Jupiter being in 8H and aspecting 7L could not give her

single/long married life?

Appreciate all your feedback/response.

I would also like to bring Mr. " Name_is_Ego " ji's writing and

discussions sometime back that... " BHAVA NASHA KARO JEEVA (JUP) BHAVA

VRIDDHI KARAO SHANI " is this dictum working clearly in this chart? i

however, had some discussion with some learned member that, this

above dictum works in cherry picked charts

Hope it will be an interesting discussion

Regards

Chandu2Chill

Guest guest

Dear Bhaskar Ji and all,

My aplologies i committed a MISTAKE while casting Rekha's chart!!

hence i take back my reading and analysis!! there was an error from

my side!

Regards

Chandu2Chill

, " Chandu2chill "

<nanna_id2006 wrote:

>

> Dear Bhaskar Ji and All,

>

> Out of curiosity and just as an Academic purpose i casted " Rekha's "

> chart with the data provided by you.

>

> And also if i am not wrong, i belive Rekha is still a *Wish* Kanya

> for many people:-):-) who has seen her or her movies!!..

>

> If we assume the given b'data is somewhat correct then..I am getting

> Leo Lagna (Using KP Ayanmsa in JHora S/w) Lagna is 0'45' in

Gandanta.

> Rahu Ketu are also in close cusp 0'14'Sco and 0'14' respectively.

> All these positions are capable of giving Sudden jolts to the

> native..However what i didn't understand and would like to know some

> insights from the learned people out here is that...

>

> 1. JupR is placed in his own house i.e. 8H as we know 8H shows

> the " Strength of the Maangalya " (Since Sreeram Ji and you are

talking

> about her 2-3 Marriages i am bringing this issue ONLY..) and also

see

> her UL is also placed in 8H.

>

> 2. JupR sitting in 8H aspecting her 7L Shani who is in 12H

>

> wondering How Jupiter being in 8H and aspecting 7L could not give

her

> single/long married life?

>

> Appreciate all your feedback/response.

>

> I would also like to bring Mr. " Name_is_Ego " ji's writing and

> discussions sometime back that... " BHAVA NASHA KARO JEEVA (JUP) BHAVA

> VRIDDHI KARAO SHANI " is this dictum working clearly in this chart? i

> however, had some discussion with some learned member that, this

> above dictum works in cherry picked charts

>

> Hope it will be an interesting discussion

>

> Regards

>

> Chandu2Chill

>

Guest guest

Hare rama krishna

dear grp ,

A possible birth chart of smt .Rekha ganesan

October 10, 1954Time: 10:58:00Time Zone: 5:30:00 (East of GMT)Place: 80 E 17' 00", 13 N 05' 00" Madras, IndiaTithi: Sukla Trayodasi (Ju) (31.45% left)Vedic Weekday: Sunday (Su)Nakshatra: Poorvabhadra (Ju) (59.64% left)Yoga: Vriddhi (Me) (60.98% left)

I am not sure abt the authenticity of chart .But a unusual combination ,rather i will call a enigmatic mysterical combination which is almost a rare phenomenon is in her chart u can see 9th L in 10th ,10th L in 11 and 11th L in 12th and 12th L in lagna with new time ,with the time posted by bhaskar ji also its starts frm 2nd house to 5th house .I heard this yoga is known as sringala ( chain ) yoga .

interested ppl can delve more into the chart and decide this 2 possible timings.

just a curious observation her moon sign and amitabh ji lagna is same ( if aqauarious is his lagna very rarely i hav seen some ppl using as makar also ) if the previous 2.30 am is the birth time then her lagna is in his 7th house and his lagna is in her 7th House ,is it helped them to make them most memorable pair in hindi film screen and giv most of the old film hits as these two as pairs ??

but what made her beauty far above physical level to almost devine and what is the secret of her artistic talents which is very rare .( we hav see with this 2 charts ). what is secret of her still youthful looks which can put to shame even the present day damsels of bollywood siverscreen ?

regrds sunil nair

, "Chandu2chill" <nanna_id2006 wrote:>> Dear Bhaskar Ji and all,> > My aplologies i committed a MISTAKE while casting Rekha's chart!! > hence i take back my reading and analysis!! there was an error from > my side!> > Regards> > Chandu2Chill>