IndiaDivine.org

Shloka from Jataka Parijata

Rate this topic

Guest guest

in the following message i forgot to add place of birth

pulivendula in cuddapah (dist) now changed as kadapa dist.in A.P.

this data may not be exactly correct since i have read in some

astology yearly prdections book.

ramesh murthy

Ramesh Murthy <maharshi32 Sent: Monday, 1 September, 2008 5:36:52 PM Re: Shloka from Jataka Parijata

madam rahaji, and other members,very interesting sloka. i have known another similar chart of mr.y.s.raja sekhar reddy cm of ap.he has guru debilitated and in 8th house saturn.his birth details :(may be correct data)7th july 1949 time 21.01.01 hrs please give your comments ramesh murthyaphoton47 <aphoton47 >ancient_indian_ astrologyMonday, 1 September, 2008 12:13:50 AM[ancient_indian_ astrology] Shloka from Jataka ParijataThe following is supposed to be a shloka from Jataka Parijata and thiscombination exists in the

chart of Senator Barack Obama, Democraticcandidate for President. Based on what I think this combinationmeans, I'd hazard that Sen. Obama will be the winner.I know that the shloka states that debilitated Jupiter in theascendant and a malefic in the eighth house makes the individual aking. However, what does "Rasyamsa Samanvithe" mean?I know it refers to the navamsa of the malefic in the eighth house,but what exactly does it mean? Any Sanskrit scholars here?Also, even though the shloka is supposed to be in Jataka Parijata, Iwas not able to find it in the text, but I may not have looked carefully.Lagne Neechabhagriye Purandara Gurau,Randhreshe Papagrahe,Thath Rasyamsa Samanvithe Yadi ThathaRajadhirajo Bhaveth--Radha S.

Unlimited freedom, unlimited storage. Get it now

Dear Radha ji, Sreenadhji and group,Thank you Radha ji for appreciating my posts and a bigger thank you for posting this thought provoking shloka. I

am still not convinced by all the explanations of the shloka being

given. Right now I don't have with me the correct sanskrit version of

Jatak Parijat.

Can we have a correct version of this shloka, if anyone has.

Whether it is randhre sa-papagrahe (meaning 8H with malefics), or randhreshe sapaapagrahe (meaning 8L with malefics)It makes a difference.Then also, I feel there is something missing. The verse purandara guruo is not so simple. Otherwise, the author would've simply said, lagne neechashtho devo... or something to that effect.

He cannot use 3 words for guru... grihe, purandara and guruo. These verses are always very crisp.With

my little knowledge of Sanskrit, I feel there is something missing in

our understanding. I may be wrong but this is how I feel:

Lagne Neechagrihe: lagna is the neechagriha (debilitation house)Purandara Guruo: aspected by guru with puran indra (or complete aspect, could mean in 7H). The word could also be purnandraya.

Randhre (Randhreshe) sa-paapgrahe: 8H (8L) is/with malefics (depending on the correctness of verse)Tadraashyamsha Samanvitte: in that rashi's (rashi taken by 8L and malefics ) if they all collect in amsha, meaning become vargottam

Yada tada Rajadhirajo bhavet: if so, then the native is king of kingsIt

could then mean that capricorn lagna, the neecha griha of purandra guru

(who aspects it with full drishti, meaning gone to 7H in exaltation).

Here, the difference betwwen Guru and guruo is important also.

Correct shloka is thus very important.Also if we take Leo rashi in 8H and capri in lagna, and take the statement of Sreenadh ji:

//While Lagna and Jupiter are in

Capricorn, if any malefic (Sa, Ma, Su) is present in the corresponding

Navamsa of 8th sign Leo, then the native will become King of Kings.//

Here we have only 4th-5th and 6th navamshas to deal with. In leo, we

don't get amshas of capri, aqua and pisces and in capri, we don't get

amshas of aries, tau and gem.Hope I am able to explain what I mean.

RegardsNeelam

Dear Neelimaji, Are you sure "Randhre (Randhreshe) sa-paapgrahe:" means Paapagraha in 8H and not in 9H ?Regards,Sunil K. Bhattacharjyaneelam gupta <neelamgupta07 Sent: Monday, September 1, 2008 9:59:39 AMRe: Re: Shloka from Jataka Parijata

Dear Radha ji, Sreenadhji and group,Thank you Radha ji for appreciating my posts and a bigger thank you for posting this thought provoking shloka. I

am still not convinced by all the explanations of the shloka being

given. Right now I don't have with me the correct sanskrit version of

Jatak Parijat.

Can we have a correct version of this shloka, if anyone has.

Whether it is randhre sa-papagrahe (meaning 8H with malefics), or randhreshe sapaapagrahe (meaning 8L with malefics)It makes a difference.Then also, I feel there is something missing. The verse purandara guruo is not so simple. Otherwise, the author would've simply said, lagne neechashtho devo... or something to that effect.

He cannot use 3 words for guru... grihe, purandara and guruo. These verses are always very crisp.With

my little knowledge of Sanskrit, I feel there is something missing in

our understanding. I may be wrong but this is how I feel:

Lagne Neechagrihe: lagna is the neechagriha (debilitation house)Purandara Guruo: aspected by guru with puran indra (or complete aspect, could mean in 7H). The word could also be purnandraya.

Randhre (Randhreshe) sa-paapgrahe: 8H (8L) is/with malefics (depending on the correctness of verse)Tadraashyamsha Samanvitte: in that rashi's (rashi taken by 8L and malefics ) if they all collect in amsha, meaning become vargottam

Yada tada Rajadhirajo bhavet: if so, then the native is king of kingsIt

could then mean that capricorn lagna, the neecha griha of purandra guru

(who aspects it with full drishti, meaning gone to 7H in exaltation).

Here, the difference betwwen Guru and guruo is important also.

Correct shloka is thus very important.Also if we take Leo rashi in 8H and capri in lagna, and take the statement of Sreenadh ji:

//While Lagna and Jupiter are in

Capricorn, if any malefic (Sa, Ma, Su) is present in the corresponding

Navamsa of 8th sign Leo, then the native will become King of Kings.//

Here we have only 4th-5th and 6th navamshas to deal with. In leo, we

don't get amshas of capri, aqua and pisces and in capri, we don't get

amshas of aries, tau and gem.Hope I am able to explain what I mean.

RegardsNeelam