IndiaDivine.org

Understanding Nityayoga (Corrected)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear All, Sorry for committing mistakes again and again. I had some big blunders in the previous mail on Nityayoga. I have tried to correct them in this mail. I am posting the article again. Hope that this time the mistakes would be minimum. Regards,Sreenadh======================================

Understanding Nityayoga

[On Sayana (Tropical) and Nirayana Nityayoga Traditions]

- Written by Sreenadh OG

Ancient Indian astrology, especially Vedic astrology consider 5 limbs of time as important â€"Nakshatra, Tithi, Nityayoga, Karana and Vara. As per the popular definition -

1) Nakshatra â€" Fixed areas in sky ranging 13 deg. 20 min. each, starting with Asvini.

2) Tithi â€" The difference of Moon’s and Sun’s longitude.

Tithi Count = (Moon’s Long â€" Sun’s Long.)/12 deg.

3) Nityayoga â€" The sum of Moon’s and Sun’s longitude.

Nityayoga Count = (Moon’s Long +Sun’s Long.)/13 deg. 20 min.

4) Karana â€" Half of Tithi

Karana Count = (Moon’s Long â€" Sun’s Long.)/ (12 deg. x 2)

5) Vara â€" Time from one sunrise to next sunrise.

It is evident that â€"

Nakshatra = 13 deg. 20 min.

Tithi = 12 deg.

Nityayoga = 13 deg. 20 min.

Karana = 6 deg.

In other words, all this four limbs are related to some specific areas in sky. The 5th limb Vara is not of this category.

We note that both Nakshatra and Nityayoga are 27 in number and cover an area of 13 deg. 20 min. each. The Nakshatra list starts with Asvini and the popular Nityayoga list start with Vishkambha. We will try to look more closely on this Nityayoga concept in this article. The popular list of 27 Nityayoga along with their one to one symbolic correspondence with 27 Nakshatras is given below -

Vishkambha

(Aswini)

Ganda(Makha)

Paridhi

(Moola)

Preeti

(Bharani)

Vriddhi(Purva Proshtapada)

Siva(Purva Ashadha)

Ayushman

(Kritika)

Dhruva(Uttara Proshtapada)

Siddha

(Uttara Ashadha)

Soubhagya

(Rohini)

Vyakhata(Hasta)

Sadhya(Sravana)

Sobhana

(Mrigasira)

Harshana(Chaitra)

Subha

(Dhanishta)

Atiganda

(Ardra)

Vajra(Swati)

Sukla(Satabhishak)

Sukarma

(Punarvasu)

Siddhi(Visakha)

Brahma(Pura Bhadrapada)

Driti

(Pushya)

Vyateepata

(Anuradha)

Indra(Uttara Bhadrapada)

Soola

(Aslesha)

Vareeyan(Jyeshta)

Vaidhriti(Revati)

I believed this list and never asked any question about and assumed that each of them correspond to Nakshatras starting from Asvini till Revati. (i.e. Vishkambha corresponds to Asvini, Vaidhriti corresponds to Revati). But I was forced to look at my assumptions about this Nityayoga concept and the above list, when I encountered 2 special quotes â€" one from Vasishta Siddhanta (a text of Sayana â€" Vedic Tropical - astrological tradition) and another from Surya Siddhanta (a text of Nirayana astrological tradition). I came to know that the above list is different for Sayana and Nirayana astrological traditions. I understood that the word ‘Vyateepata’ and its meaning was of special importance to Sayana tradition, and the word ‘Vaidhriti’ and its meaning was of special importance to Nirayana tradition. The story is as follows -

Sayana Nityayoga List (As per Vasishta Siddhanta)

As per Sayana (Tropical/Vedic) astrological tradition as followed by Sage Vasishta, ‘Vyateepata’ is the Nityayoga that corresponds to 180-degree area, the 14th Nityayoga in the Nityayoga list. The following quote proves this point. As per Vasishta Siddhanta â€"

Chakre chakrardha tulye va kiyad bhagadhikonake

Sayanarkenduyogena chettada pata sambhavaH

(Vasishta Siddhata, Brihat Daivajna Ranjana)

[if the Sum of the Sayana (Tropical) Sun’s and Sayana (Tropical) Moon’s longitude is Zero degree or 180 deg., then it is called ‘Pata’]

Please note the following points â€"

· The above quote is speaking about “the Sum of Sun’s and Moon’s longitude†and this is definitely about Nityayoga named “Pataâ€, i.e. Vyateepata.

· The quote asks us to add the Tropical longitudes of Sun and Moon to calculate Nityayoga, and not Nirayana longitudes. [That means, if we list Nitya yoga as per this guideline, that would be Tropical Nityayogas]

· It states that when the sum of the Sun’s and Moon’s longitude is 0 deg. or 180 deg., it is Pata. This means that the 0 deg. and 180 degree points are called Pata, and the Nityayoga that falls at 180 degree is called ‘Vyateepata Nityayoga’. Thus Vyateepata Nityayoga would be the 14th Nityayoga, the Nityayoga that comes in the middle of the list. The 0 deg. Pata would be between Ayushman and Soubhagya Nityayoga.

The list of 27 Nityayoga as per this guidance, along with their one to one symbolic correspondence with 27 Nakshatras is given below -

Soubhagya(Rohini)(0.00-13.20)

Vyakhata(Hasta)

Sadhya(Sravana)

Moon

Sobhana(Mrigasira)

Harshana(Chaitra)

Subha(Dhanishta)

Mars

Atiganda(Ardra)

Vajra(Swati)

Sukla(Satabhishak)

Rahu

Sukarma(Punarvasu)

Siddhi(Visakha)

Brahma(Purva Bhadrapada)

Jupiter

Driti(Pushya)

Vyateepata (Anuradha)(173.40-186.40)

Indra(Uttara Bhadrapada)

Saturn

Soola(Aslesha)

Vareeyan(Jyeshta)

Vaidhriti(Revati)

Mercury

Ganda(Makha)

Paridhi(Moola)

Vishkambha(Aswati)

Ketu

Siva(Pura Ashadha)

Preeti(Bharani)

Venus

Siddha(Uttara Ashadha)

Ayushman(Krittika)(346.40-360.00)

Sun

As per this school of thought â€"

· Nityayoga is a Tropical astrological concept

· This correlates Soubhagya Nityayoga with Rohini Nakshatra and starts the list there onwards. This indicates that they assumed that the equinox is in Rohini Nakshatra. This points to the fact that At the time of Vasishta Siddhanta the equinox was in Rohini Nakshatra. Currently the Nityayoga is in Uttara Bhadrapada Nakshatra and the Ayanamsa is around 24 deg. Thus from the period of Vasishta Siddhanta must have moved a minimum of (24 + 13.20 + 13.20+13.20) 64 deg. If we consider that the precession speed is 50 sec approximately per year, then it points to the fact that Vasishta Siddhanta must have been written prior to at least [(64 x 60 x 60)/50] 4608 years! This means that the period of Vasishta Siddhanta must be prior to BC 2600! This is interesting and truly amazing!

· As per this list the Nityayoga with Pata should be the 14th Nityayoga i.e. Vyateepata.

Please note that this is NOT the tradition we follow. Nirayana astrology does not follow this instead but instead follows the Nityayoga tradition as indicated by Surya-Siddhanta. Since it is evident that this is a Sayana tradition, also because this list is as per an ancient outdated fact (of placing equinox in Rohini Nakshatra), this ancient traditional list of counting Nityayoga from Soubhagya Nityayoga and considering Vyateepata Nityayoga as the Nityayoga having Pata can be discarded.

Sayana Nityayoga list (Corrected for 21st century)

If we correct the above list by placing the equinox properly in Uttara Bhadrapada, the list would be as follows â€"

Indra(Uttara Bhadrapada)(0.00-13.20)

Driti(Pushya)

Vyateepata (Anuradha)

Saturn

Vaidhriti(Revati)

Soola(Aslesha)

Vareeyan(Jyeshta)

Mercury

Vishkambha(Aswati)

Ganda(Makha)

Paridhi(Moola)

Ketu

Preeti(Bharani)

Siva(Pura Ashadha)

Venus

Ayushman(Krittika)

Dhruva(Uttara Proshtapada)(173.40-186.40)

Siddha(Uttara Ashadha)

Sun

Soubhagya(Rohini)

Vyakhata(Hasta)

Sadhya(Sravana)

Moon

Sobhana(Mrigasira)

Harshana(Chaitra)

Subha(Dhanishta)

Mars

Atiganda(Ardra)

Vajra(Swati)

Sukla(Satabhishak)

Rahu

Sukarma(Punarvasu)

Siddhi(Visakha)

Brahma(Purva Bhadrapada)(346.40-360.00)

Jupiter

As per this list, which correct for 21st century as per Tropical tradition â€"

· It correlates Soubhagya Nityayoga with Uttara Bhadrapada Nakshatra and starts the list there onwards.

· As per this list the Nityayoga with Pata should be the 14th Nityayoga i.e. Dhruva.

Even though tropical, since it is the right tropical approach (and identifies the equinox correctly as in Uttara Bhardapada, it can be accepted and followed, I believe, even though I am yet to see anyone who use this correlation.

Nirayana Nityayoga list (As per Surya Siddhata)

In the following quote Surya Siddhanta points to the popular list of Nityayoga popular throughout India and used by Nirayana astrology. Surya Siddhanta states that â€"

Vyateepata prasiddhosti sanjabhedena VaidhritiH (Surya Siddhanta)

[Vyateepata is popular in the name ‘Vaidhriti’ as well]

We note that Vaidhriti is given as the 27th Nityayoga (the Nityayoga at 360 deg as per the popular Nityayoga list. It must be the same tradition the above statement points to. Then, as per this tradition the Nityayoga list would be as follows â€"

Vishkambha

(Aswini)(0.00-13.20)

Ganda(Makha)

Paridhi

(Moola)

Ketu

Preeti

(Bharani)

Siva(Purva Ashadha)

Venus

Ayushman

(Kritika)

Siddha

(Uttara Ashadha)

Sun

Soubhagya

(Rohini)

Vyakhata(Hasta)

Sadhya(Sravana)

Moon

Sobhana

(Mrigasira)

Harshana(Chaitra)(173.40-186.40)

Subha

(Dhanishta)

Mars

Atiganda

(Ardra)

Vajra(Swati)

Sukla(Satabhishak)

Rahu

Sukarma

(Punarvasu)

Siddhi(Visakha)

Brahma(Pura Bhadrapada)

Jupiter

Driti

(Pushya)

Vyateepata

(Anuradha)

Indra(Uttara Bhadrapada)

Saturn

Soola

(Aslesha)

Vareeyan(Jyeshta)

Vaidhriti (Revati)(346.40-360.00)

Mercury

We see that the controversy as indicated by Surya Siddhanta as - whether to call Nityayoga having Pata as ‘Vyateepata’ or ‘Vaidhriti’? â€" is nothing but another reflection of the Sayana-Nirayana controversy itself. It becomes evident that as per Nirayana system, Nityayoga listing should start from Vishkambha itself. Correlating Aswati Nakshatra with Vishkambha Nityayoga (Since both of them covers the area 0 deg. 0 min. to 13 deg. 20 min) prompts us to assign the same ruler Ketu to this Nityayoga as well. Thus by co-relating Nityayoga with Nakshatras we get the rulers for all Nityayoga as listed above, that can be used in result derivation.

As per this school of thought â€"

· Nityayoga is a Nirayana astrological concept

· They correlate Vishkabha Nityayoga with Aswini Nakshatra and start the list there onwards.

· As per this list the Nityayoga with Pata should be the 14th Nityayoga i.e. Harshana

Since it is the well-accepted, right, authentic, popular Nirayana tradition it can be accepted and followed.

Tropical Nityayoga List (As per Nadi tradition)

There is a popular trend among Nadi astrologers of assigning the rulership of Vishkambhaâ€"Ganda-Paridhi to Saturn since currently the equinox is in Uttarabhadrapada. Thus, if we are counting from Vishkambha then the Nityayoga rulership should start from a Nakshatra ascribed to Saturn (i.e. Pushya-Anuradha-Uttarabhadrapada). As per them, the rulership ascribed should be as follows â€"

Vishkambha

(Uttara Bhadrapada)(0.00-13.20)

Ganda(Pushya)

Paridhi

(Anuradha)

Saturn

Preeti

(Revati)

Vriddhi(Aslesha)

Siva(Jyeshta)

Mercury

Ayushman

(Aswini)

Dhruva(Makha)

Siddha

(Moola)

Ketu

Soubhagya

(Bharani)

Vyakhata(Purva Proshtapada)

Sadhya(Purva Ashadha)

Venus

Sobhana

(Krittika)

Harshana(Uttara Proshtapada)(173.40-186.40)

Subha

(Uttara Ashadha)

Sun

Atiganda

(Rohini)

Vajra(Hasta)

Sukla(Sravana)

Rahu

Sukarma

(Mrigasira)

Siddhi(Chitra)

Brahma(Dhanishta)

Jupiter

Driti

(Ardra)

Vyateepata

(Swati)

Indra(Satabhishak)

Saturn

Soola

(Punarvasu)

Vareeyan(Visakha)

Vaidhriti (Purva Bhadrapada)(346.40-360.00)

Mercury

This school of thought accepts that â€"

· Equinox is in Uttra Bhadarapada (Unlike the Vasishta tradition, they understand and accept the correct position of Equinox in Uttara Bhadrapada)

· They correlate Vishkambha Nityayoga with Uttara Bhadapada Nakshatra and start the list there onwards.

· As per this list the Nityayoga with Pata should be the 14th Nityayoga i.e. Harshana.

Even though tropical, since it is the right tropical approach (and identifies the equinox correctly as in Uttara Bhardapada, it can be accepted and followed. (This is the system and table followed by the astrologers like Sunil ji, while trying to predict using Nityayoga).

I have tried to present the Nityayoga concept along with the logic that might have been in use for assigning lordship. I hope this may help us in understanding and using Nityayoga concept in a better way.

- 0 -

======================================

Dear Sreenadh,

As per present tradition , 1st Nirayan yoga Viskumbha commences

from Nakshara Pushya and not from Asvini.

You have taken to calculate the Era of Vashitha Shiddhanta

from the equation of 24+13.20+13.20+13.20 . As Tropical longitude

of two planets Sun and Moon are being considered , Ayanamsa Value of

24 should be taken two times and not once only.

I will be grateful to get your clarification.

Regards,

G . K. GOEL

Sreenadh <sreesog Sent: Wednesday, 22 October, 2008 12:17:15 PM Understanding Nityayoga (Corrected)

Dear All, Sorry for committing mistakes again and again. I had some big blunders in the previous mail on Nityayoga. I have tried to correct them in this mail. I am posting the article again. Hope that this time the mistakes would be minimum. Regards,Sreenadh============ ========= ========= ========

Understanding Nityayoga

[On Sayana (Tropical) and Nirayana Nityayoga Traditions]

- Written by Sreenadh OG

Ancient Indian astrology, especially Vedic astrology consider 5 limbs of time as important ��"Nakshatra, Tithi, Nityayoga, Karana and Vara. As per the popular definition -

1) Nakshatra ��" Fixed areas in sky ranging 13 deg. 20 min. each, starting with Asvini.

2) Tithi ��" The difference of Moon’s and Sun’s longitude.

Tithi Count = (Moon’s Long ��" Sun’s Long.)/12 deg.

3) Nityayoga ��" The sum of Moon’s and Sun’s longitude.

Nityayoga Count = (Moon’s Long +Sun’s Long.)/13 deg. 20 min.

4) Karana ��" Half of Tithi

Karana Count = (Moon’s Long ��" Sun’s Long.)/ (12 deg. x 2)

5) Vara ��" Time from one sunrise to next sunrise.

It is evident that ��"

Nakshatra = 13 deg. 20 min.

Tithi = 12 deg.

Nityayoga = 13 deg. 20 min.

Karana = 6 deg.

In other words, all this four limbs are related to some specific areas in sky. The 5th limb Vara is not of this category.

We note that both Nakshatra and Nityayoga are 27 in number and cover an area of 13 deg. 20 min. each. The Nakshatra list starts with Asvini and the popular Nityayoga list start with Vishkambha. We will try to look more closely on this Nityayoga concept in this article. The popular list of 27 Nityayoga along with their one to one symbolic correspondence with 27 Nakshatras is given below -

Vishkambha

(Aswini)

Ganda(Makha)

Paridhi

(Moola)

Preeti

(Bharani)

Siva(Purva Ashadha)

Ayushman

(Kritika)

Siddha

(Uttara Ashadha)

Soubhagya

(Rohini)

Vyakhata(Hasta)

Sadhya(Sravana)

Sobhana

(Mrigasira)

Harshana(Chaitra)

Subha

(Dhanishta)

Atiganda

(Ardra)

Vajra(Swati)

Sukla(Satabhishak)

Sukarma

(Punarvasu)

Siddhi(Visakha)

Brahma(Pura Bhadrapada)

Driti

(Pushya)

Vyateepata

(Anuradha)

Indra(Uttara Bhadrapada)

Soola

(Aslesha)

Vareeyan(Jyeshta)

Vaidhriti(Revati)

I believed this list and never asked any question about and assumed that each of them correspond to Nakshatras starting from Asvini till Revati. (i.e. Vishkambha corresponds to Asvini, Vaidhriti corresponds to Revati). But I was forced to look at my assumptions about this Nityayoga concept and the above list, when I encountered 2 special quotes ��" one from Vasishta Siddhanta (a text of Sayana ��" Vedic Tropical - astrological tradition) and another from Surya Siddhanta (a text of Nirayana astrological tradition). I came to know that the above list is different for Sayana and Nirayana astrological traditions. I understood that the word ‘Vyateepata’ and its meaning was of special importance to Sayana tradition, and the word ‘Vaidhriti’ and its meaning was of special importance to Nirayana tradition. The story is as follows -

Sayana Nityayoga List (As per Vasishta Siddhanta)

As per Sayana (Tropical/Vedic) astrological tradition as followed by Sage Vasishta, ‘Vyateepata’ is the Nityayoga that corresponds to 180-degree area, the 14th Nityayoga in the Nityayoga list. The following quote proves this point. As per Vasishta Siddhanta ��"

Chakre chakrardha tulye va kiyad bhagadhikonake

Sayanarkenduyogena chettada pata sambhavaH

(Vasishta Siddhata, Brihat Daivajna Ranjana)

[if the Sum of the Sayana (Tropical) Sun’s and Sayana (Tropical) Moon’s longitude is Zero degree or 180 deg., then it is called ‘Pata’]

Please note the following points ��"

· The above quote is speaking about “the Sum of Sun’s and Moon’s longitude†and this is definitely about Nityayoga named “Pataâ€, i.e. Vyateepata.

· The quote asks us to add the Tropical longitudes of Sun and Moon to calculate Nityayoga, and not Nirayana longitudes. [That means, if we list Nitya yoga as per this guideline, that would be Tropical Nityayogas]

· It states that when the sum of the Sun’s and Moon’s longitude is 0 deg. or 180 deg., it is Pata. This means that the 0 deg. and 180 degree points are called Pata, and the Nityayoga that falls at 180 degree is called ‘Vyateepata Nityayoga’. Thus Vyateepata Nityayoga would be the 14th Nityayoga, the Nityayoga that comes in the middle of the list. The 0 deg. Pata would be between Ayushman and Soubhagya Nityayoga.

The list of 27 Nityayoga as per this guidance, along with their one to one symbolic correspondence with 27 Nakshatras is given below -

Soubhagya(Rohini)(0.00-13.20)

Vyakhata(Hasta)

Sadhya(Sravana)

Moon

Sobhana(Mrigasira)

Harshana(Chaitra)

Subha(Dhanishta)

Mars

Atiganda(Ardra)

Vajra(Swati)

Sukla(Satabhishak)

Rahu

Sukarma(Punarvasu)

Siddhi(Visakha)

Brahma(Purva Bhadrapada)

Jupiter

Driti(Pushya)

Vyateepata (Anuradha)(173.40-186. 40)

Indra(Uttara Bhadrapada)

Saturn

Soola(Aslesha)

Vareeyan(Jyeshta)

Vaidhriti(Revati)

Mercury

Ganda(Makha)

Paridhi(Moola)

Vishkambha(Aswati)

Ketu

Siva(Pura Ashadha)

Preeti(Bharani)

Venus

Siddha(Uttara Ashadha)

Ayushman(Krittika)(346.40-360. 00)

Sun

As per this school of thought ��"

· This correlates Soubhagya Nityayoga with Rohini Nakshatra and starts the list there onwards. This indicates that they assumed that the equinox is in Rohini Nakshatra. This points to the fact that At the time of Vasishta Siddhanta the equinox was in Rohini Nakshatra. Currently the Nityayoga is in Uttara Bhadrapada Nakshatra and the Ayanamsa is around 24 deg. Thus from the period of Vasishta Siddhanta must have moved a minimum of (24 + 13.20 + 13.20+13.20) 64 deg. If we consider that the precession speed is 50 sec approximately per year, then it points to the fact that Vasishta Siddhanta must have been written prior to at least [(64 x 60 x 60)/50] 4608 years! This means that the period of Vasishta Siddhanta must be prior to BC 2600! This is interesting and truly

amazing!

· As per this list the Nityayoga with Pata should be the 14th Nityayoga i.e. Vyateepata.

Please note that this is NOT the tradition we follow. Nirayana astrology does not follow this instead but instead follows the Nityayoga tradition as indicated by Surya-Siddhanta. Since it is evident that this is a Sayana tradition, also because this list is as per an ancient outdated fact (of placing equinox in Rohini Nakshatra), this ancient traditional list of counting Nityayoga from Soubhagya Nityayoga and considering Vyateepata Nityayoga as the Nityayoga having Pata can be discarded.

Sayana Nityayoga list (Corrected for 21st century)

If we correct the above list by placing the equinox properly in Uttara Bhadrapada, the list would be as follows ��"

Indra(Uttara Bhadrapada)(0.00-13.20)

Driti(Pushya)

Vyateepata (Anuradha)

Saturn

Vaidhriti(Revati)

Soola(Aslesha)

Vareeyan(Jyeshta)

Mercury

Vishkambha(Aswati)

Ganda(Makha)

Paridhi(Moola)

Ketu

Preeti(Bharani)

Siva(Pura Ashadha)

Venus

Ayushman(Krittika)

Dhruva(Uttara Proshtapada)(173.40-186. 40)

Siddha(Uttara Ashadha)

Sun

Soubhagya(Rohini)

Vyakhata(Hasta)

Sadhya(Sravana)

Moon

Sobhana(Mrigasira)

Harshana(Chaitra)

Subha(Dhanishta)

Mars

Atiganda(Ardra)

Vajra(Swati)

Sukla(Satabhishak)

Rahu

Sukarma(Punarvasu)

Siddhi(Visakha)

Brahma(Purva Bhadrapada)(346.40-360. 00)

Jupiter

As per this list, which correct for 21st century as per Tropical tradition ��"

· It correlates Soubhagya Nityayoga with Uttara Bhadrapada Nakshatra and starts the list there onwards.

· As per this list the Nityayoga with Pata should be the 14th Nityayoga i.e. Dhruva.

Even though tropical, since it is the right tropical approach (and identifies the equinox correctly as in Uttara Bhardapada, it can be accepted and followed, I believe, even though I am yet to see anyone who use this correlation.

Nirayana Nityayoga list (As per Surya Siddhata)

In the following quote Surya Siddhanta points to the popular list of Nityayoga popular throughout India and used by Nirayana astrology. Surya Siddhanta states that ��"

Vyateepata prasiddhosti sanjabhedena VaidhritiH (Surya Siddhanta)

[Vyateepata is popular in the name ‘Vaidhriti’ as well]

We note that Vaidhriti is given as the 27th Nityayoga (the Nityayoga at 360 deg as per the popular Nityayoga list. It must be the same tradition the above statement points to. Then, as per this tradition the Nityayoga list would be as follows ��"

Vishkambha

(Aswini)(0.00-13.20)

Ganda(Makha)

Paridhi

(Moola)

Ketu

Preeti

(Bharani)

Siva(Purva Ashadha)

Venus

Ayushman

(Kritika)

Siddha

(Uttara Ashadha)

Sun

Soubhagya

(Rohini)

Vyakhata(Hasta)

Sadhya(Sravana)

Moon

Sobhana

(Mrigasira)

Harshana(Chaitra)(173.40-186. 40)

Subha

(Dhanishta)

Mars

Atiganda

(Ardra)

Vajra(Swati)

Sukla(Satabhishak)

Rahu

Sukarma

(Punarvasu)

Siddhi(Visakha)

Brahma(Pura Bhadrapada)

Jupiter

Driti

(Pushya)

Vyateepata

(Anuradha)

Indra(Uttara Bhadrapada)

Saturn

Soola

(Aslesha)

Vareeyan(Jyeshta)

Vaidhriti (Revati)(346.40-360. 00)

Mercury

We see that the controversy as indicated by Surya Siddhanta as - whether to call Nityayoga having Pata as ‘Vyateepata’ or ‘Vaidhriti’? ��" is nothing but another reflection of the Sayana-Nirayana controversy itself. It becomes evident that as per Nirayana system, Nityayoga listing should start from Vishkambha itself. Correlating Aswati Nakshatra with Vishkambha Nityayoga (Since both of them covers the area 0 deg. 0 min. to 13 deg. 20 min) prompts us to assign the same ruler Ketu to this Nityayoga as well. Thus by co-relating Nityayoga with Nakshatras we get the rulers for all Nityayoga as listed above, that can be used in result derivation.

As per this school of thought ��"

· Nityayoga is a Nirayana astrological concept

· They correlate Vishkabha Nityayoga with Aswini Nakshatra and start the list there onwards.

· As per this list the Nityayoga with Pata should be the 14th Nityayoga i.e. Harshana

Since it is the well-accepted, right, authentic, popular Nirayana tradition it can be accepted and followed.

Tropical Nityayoga List (As per Nadi tradition)

There is a popular trend among Nadi astrologers of assigning the rulership of Vishkambha��"Ganda-Paridhi to Saturn since currently the equinox is in Uttarabhadrapada. Thus, if we are counting from Vishkambha then the Nityayoga rulership should start from a Nakshatra ascribed to Saturn (i.e. Pushya-Anuradha- Uttarabhadrapada ). As per them, the rulership ascribed should be as follows ��"

Vishkambha

(Uttara Bhadrapada)(0.00-13.20)

Ganda(Pushya)

Paridhi

(Anuradha)

Saturn

Preeti

(Revati)

Vriddhi(Aslesha)

Siva(Jyeshta)

Mercury

Ayushman

(Aswini)

Dhruva(Makha)

Siddha

(Moola)

Ketu

Soubhagya

(Bharani)

Vyakhata(Purva Proshtapada)

Sadhya(Purva Ashadha)

Venus

Sobhana

(Krittika)

Harshana(Uttara Proshtapada)(173.40-186. 40)

Subha

(Uttara Ashadha)

Sun

Atiganda

(Rohini)

Vajra(Hasta)

Sukla(Sravana)

Rahu

Sukarma

(Mrigasira)

Siddhi(Chitra)

Brahma(Dhanishta)

Jupiter

Driti

(Ardra)

Vyateepata

(Swati)

Indra(Satabhishak)

Saturn

Soola

(Punarvasu)

Vareeyan(Visakha)

Vaidhriti (Purva Bhadrapada)(346.40-360. 00)

Mercury

This school of thought accepts that ��"

· Equinox is in Uttra Bhadarapada (Unlike the Vasishta tradition, they understand and accept the correct position of Equinox in Uttara Bhadrapada)

· They correlate Vishkambha Nityayoga with Uttara Bhadapada Nakshatra and start the list there onwards.

· As per this list the Nityayoga with Pata should be the 14th Nityayoga i.e. Harshana.

Even though tropical, since it is the right tropical approach (and identifies the equinox correctly as in Uttara Bhardapada, it can be accepted and followed. (This is the system and table followed by the astrologers like Sunil ji, while trying to predict using Nityayoga).

I have tried to present the Nityayoga concept along with the logic that might have been in use for assigning lordship. I hope this may help us in understanding and using Nityayoga concept in a better way.

- 0 -

============ ========= ========= ========

Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Invite them now.

Dear Goel ji, What you are referring to is the tradition given as " Tropical Nityayoga List (As per Nadi tradition)" given at the end of the article. Please note that, the reason for such a method to calculate the planetary ownership was - The loadship of the trine 'Pushya-Anuradha-UttaraBhadrapada is assigned to Saturn as per Nadi tradition. It is NOT necessory to add 24 twice etc since what we are considering is the time taken for the equinox to move from Rohini to Uttara Bhadrapada. (Neither Sun nor Moon is under consideration). Love and regards,Sreenadh , Gopal Goel <gkgoel1937 wrote:>> Dear Sreenadh,> As per present tradition , 1st Nirayan yoga Viskumbha commences> from Nakshara Pushya and not from Asvini.> You have taken to calculate the Era of Vashitha Shiddhanta > from the equation of 24+13.20+13.20+13.20 . As Tropical longitude > of two planets Sun and Moon are being considered , Ayanamsa Value of> 24 should be taken two times and not once only.> I will be grateful to get your clarification.> Regards,> G . K. GOEL

Dear Goel ji, May be I should correct the following statement a bit -// * I don't use Nityayoga much in day to day prediction. So what ever I say about Nityayoga is based on theoretical understanding.// I should better state - "I don't use Nityayoga much in day to day Natal Chart (Jataka)prediction. So what ever I say about use of Nityayoga in Natal Chart (Jataka) prediction is based on theoretical understanding. But I definitely use Nityayoga in Prashna on a day to day basis." The use of Nityayoga in Prashna is an entirely different system. I will try to elaborate it in another write-up. Of course, the Nityayoga rulers given earlier can be used not only in Jataka but also in Prashna since it is told that "Jatake yad yad uddishtam tat tat prashnepi chintayet" [what ever is told for Jataka can be applied (in its modified form) in Prashna as well] But to be sincere, I haven't seen anyone (except Sunil ji etc) as applying the Nityayoga rulership concept in Prashna. The true Kerala style of Nityayoga use in Prashna is an entirely different system that does not consider the Nityayoga rulers at all. Love and regards,Sreeandh , "Sreenadh" <sreesog wrote:

Re: Understanding Nityayoga

Dear Goel ji, //> What is your advise ?> In day to day predictive purposes , ruler of Vishkumbh yoga> should be taken as Ketu or Saturn.// * I don't use Nityayoga much in day to day prediction. So what ever I say about Nityayoga is based on theoretical understanding. * But if have to then - based on my theoretical understanding, since I could see that assigning the rulership of Vishkambha Nityayoga to Ketus is in tune with the Nirayana astrological tradition, I will go for that. (But I know that the Nadi tradition of ascribing the the rulership of Vishkambha to Saturn is a proven one, I will use this system, provided I am considering tropical longitudes as well as suggested by this system) //> Till now 1st yoga is assumed to commence from Pushya Nakshatra.// If the above statement is just about the rulership alone, then I will agree. Why because, Pushya-Anuradha-UttaraBhadrapada is the Saturn triad, and it is the first Nityayoga triad (since equinox is is Uttara Bhadrapada). The rulership is more important to us, than where the equinox is and thus the first Nakshatra in the above triad is Pushya (and not Uttara Bhadrapada). So we can start couting from Pushya and say that the Vishkambha-Ganda-Paridhi triad belongs to Saturn. The correct statement would be Vishkambha (Uttara Bhadrapada)-Ganda (Anuradha)-Paridhi (Pushya) triad belongs to saturn as per the Sayana Nadi Tradition of Nityayoga calculation. But if we are interested in finding the ruler alone, the accuracy of statement is not much important. But if you want to say that, the 1st Nityayoga i.e. Vishkambha Nityayoga corresponds to Pushya Nakshatra - then I will disagree. I am yet to see any reference that states the same. I am yet to see any valid logic that points to such a total change of moving the first point to Pushya. There ware only two first points as per tradition in Indian astrology - for Sayana tradition it was always vernal equinox; for Nirayana tradition it was always Asvinyadi. Moving the 1st Nityayoga to Pushya does not tally with any of these traditions and cannot be accepted, I would say. (At least I cannot accept it, till I find a valid referece, if at all available) . //> Yoga is formed with the addition of Sun (Atman ) and Moon( Manaha).> Jeeva , represented by Jupiter , is supposed to have born in Pusya Nakshatra.> This is the reason 1st yoga¦nbsp; supposed to commence with Pushya.// We can find numerous such partially fulfilling logics - that cannot stay for long. The unanswerable questions would be - 1) What is your reference for the above statement? Does any astrological classics states so? 2) Why the 2nd Nityayoga i.e. Preeti Nityayoga should be ascribed to Aslesha Nakshatra? and so onLove and regards,Sreenadh , Gopal Goel <gkgoel1937 wrote:>> Dear Sreenadh ,> What is your advise ?> In day to day predictive purposes , ruler of Vishkumbh yoga> should be taken as Ketu or Saturn.> Till now 1st yoga is assumed to commence from Pushya Nakshatra.> Yoga is formed with the addition of Sun (Atman ) and Moon( Manaha).> Jeeva , represented by Jupiter , is supposed to have born in Pusya Nakshatra.> This is the reason 1st yoga¦nbsp; supposed to commence with Pushya.> ¦nbsp;> Your guidance will be valuable.> Regards,> > ¦nbsp;> G.K.GOEL , "Sreenadh" <sreesog wrote:>> > Dear Goel ji,> What you are referring to is the tradition given as " Tropical> Nityayoga List (As per Nadi tradition)" given at the end of the article.> Please note that, the reason for such a method to calculate the> planetary ownership was - The loadship of the trine> 'Pushya-Anuradha-UttaraBhadrapada is assigned to Saturn as per Nadi> tradition.> It is NOT necessory to add 24 twice etc since what we are considering> is the time taken for the equinox to move from Rohini to Uttara> Bhadrapada. (Neither Sun nor Moon is under consideration).> Love and regards,> Sreenadh> > , Gopal Goel> gkgoel1937@ wrote:> >> > Dear Sreenadh,> > As per present tradition , 1st Nirayan yoga Viskumbha commences> > from Nakshara Pushya and not from Asvini.> > You have taken to calculate the Era of Vashitha Shiddhanta> > from the equation of 24+13.20+13.20+13.20 . As Tropical longitude> > of two planets Sun and Moon are being considered , Ayanamsa Value of> > 24 should be taken two times and not once only.> > I will be grateful to get your clarification.> > Regards,> > G . K. GOEL>

Dear Sreenadh ji,

Many thanks for your clarifications.

I believe that Constituents of Panchang

do not have direct relationship with planets.

I am making the following observation , which are otherwise well

known , for your comments ans guidance:

1. Vara's- These are named based on seven planets . the order of days is

based on 24 horas and motion of planets .This system was adopted

and followed all over the world , but I am not aware , since when this system was

put to use. Now these week days are firmly linked with astrological Planets.

The mean duration of one pair of day and night is 24 hours This laid the foundation

of another four limbs of Panchang.It is not clear ,what methodology could have been adopted to fix the first day of the week after the name of planet Sun.

2. Nakshatra- Once duration of a day ( here I DO NOT MEAN VARA'S)was fixed , obviously ancient seers adopted 27 Nakshatra(s) as Moon takes a round of the earth in 27.32 days . Varas are based on Sun which moves appr. one degree in about 24hrs, Moon moves about one Nakshatra in one day. In nirayana system , Acivani is presently considered as 1st Nakashatra , but it is a matter of dispute till date. Even more so ,where the zero point of 1st Nakshtra should be fixed on the zodiac( this is a open question till date and still no unanimity is reached ) . It is not clear , in which era week days were adopted and Varas were firmly linked with planets . This is not the case with Nakshatras. There are many nakshatra dasas, in which nakshatra's are assigned to different planets

(unlike zodiacal sign which are ruled by planets and all savants agree on this). As such it is not correct to say that Acavini is ruled by Ketu or Pushya by Saturn etc. This depends on reference and context.

3. Yogas - When the sum of longitudes of Sun and Moon becomes zero or 360

degrees , 1st yoga starts which is named as Visva-kumbha . These are also 27 in

number , as each yoga takes a period of about 24 hrs.Nakshatras have physical existence and represented by an arc in the sky , but this is not the case with yoga's. It looks that seers had decided that each yoga will represent an arc of 13degree20' equivalent to Nakshatra. Some assign 1st yoga visvakumbha to Acivini and some to Pushya etc . But one thing is clear that there is no direct ruler ship of planets on yogas and it will depend on reference to context ( as in the case of Nakshatras). Nakshatras and yogas do have their independent characterstics which are not directly influenced by planets.

4. Tithis - When the difference in the longitude of Sun and Moon increases by 12

degrees , next tithi takes over . They are 30 in number. Again same principle is

adopted that a ththi takes about 24 hours to complete . They are also not aligned

with planets or with zodiac signs. Their link with planets again depend on the reference

and purpose.

5. Karna's- The day is divided in a day and night. In Vadic era , seers were following

Diva and Ratri Karnas. Each Thithi has two karnas.As Karna represent two parts of the day , they are controller of the Karma

The purpose of this narration is that five limbs of Panchang (day) have their

independent CHARACTERISTICS AND MAY NOT BE DIRECTLY LINKED EITHER WITH SIGNS OR PLANETS.

Regards,

G.K.GOEL

Sreenadh <sreesog Sent: Thursday, 23 October, 2008 10:26:46 AM Re: Understanding Nityayoga (Corrected)

Dear Goel ji, May be I should correct the following statement a bit -// * I don't use Nityayoga much in day to day prediction. So what ever I say about Nityayoga is based on theoretical understanding. // I should better state - "I don't use Nityayoga much in day to day Natal Chart (Jataka)prediction. So what ever I say about use of Nityayoga in Natal Chart (Jataka) prediction is based on theoretical understanding. But I definitely use Nityayoga in Prashna on a day to day basis." The use of Nityayoga in Prashna is an entirely different system. I will try to elaborate it in another write-up. Of course, the Nityayoga rulers given earlier can be used not only in Jataka but also in

Prashna since it is told that "Jatake yad yad uddishtam tat tat prashnepi chintayet" [what ever is told for Jataka can be applied (in its modified form) in Prashna as well] But to be sincere, I haven't seen anyone (except Sunil ji etc) as applying the Nityayoga rulership concept in Prashna. The true Kerala style of Nityayoga use in Prashna is an entirely different system that does not consider the Nityayoga rulers at all. Love and regards,Sreeandh ancient_indian_ astrology, "Sreenadh" <sreesog wrote:

Re: Understanding Nityayoga

Dear Goel ji, //> What is your advise ?> In day to day predictive purposes , ruler of Vishkumbh yoga> should be taken as Ketu or Saturn.// * I don't use Nityayoga much in day to day prediction. So what ever I say about Nityayoga is based on theoretical understanding. * But if have to then - based on my theoretical understanding, since I could see that assigning the rulership of Vishkambha Nityayoga to Ketus is in tune with the Nirayana astrological tradition, I will go for that. (But I know that the Nadi tradition of ascribing the the rulership of Vishkambha to Saturn is a proven one, I will use this system, provided I am considering tropical longitudes as well as suggested by this

system) //> Till now 1st yoga is assumed to commence from Pushya Nakshatra.// If the above statement is just about the rulership alone, then I will agree. Why because, Pushya-Anuradha- UttaraBhadrapada is the Saturn triad, and it is the first Nityayoga triad (since equinox is is Uttara Bhadrapada). The rulership is more important to us, than where the equinox is and thus the first Nakshatra in the above triad is Pushya (and not Uttara Bhadrapada). So we can start couting from Pushya and say that the Vishkambha-Ganda- Paridhi triad belongs to Saturn. The correct statement would be Vishkambha (Uttara Bhadrapada)- Ganda (Anuradha)-Paridhi (Pushya) triad belongs to saturn as per the Sayana Nadi Tradition of Nityayoga calculation. But if we are interested in finding the ruler alone, the accuracy of statement is not much important. But if you want to say that,

the 1st Nityayoga i.e. Vishkambha Nityayoga corresponds to Pushya Nakshatra - then I will disagree. I am yet to see any reference that states the same. I am yet to see any valid logic that points to such a total change of moving the first point to Pushya. There ware only two first points as per tradition in Indian astrology - for Sayana tradition it was always vernal equinox; for Nirayana tradition it was always Asvinyadi. Moving the 1st Nityayoga to Pushya does not tally with any of these traditions and cannot be accepted, I would say. (At least I cannot accept it, till I find a valid referece, if at all available) . //> Yoga is formed with the addition of Sun (Atman ) and Moon( Manaha).> Jeeva , represented by Jupiter , is supposed to have born in Pusya Nakshatra.> This is the reason 1st yoga¦nbsp; supposed to commence with Pushya.// We can find numerous such partially fulfilling logics - that cannot stay for long. The unanswerable questions would be - 1) What is your reference for the above statement? Does any astrological classics states so? 2) Why the 2nd Nityayoga i.e. Preeti Nityayoga should be ascribed to Aslesha Nakshatra? and so onLove and regards,Sreenadhancient_indian_ astrology, Gopal Goel <gkgoel1937@. ..> wrote:>> Dear Sreenadh ,> What is your advise ?> In day to day predictive purposes , ruler of Vishkumbh yoga> should be taken as Ketu or Saturn.> Till now 1st yoga is assumed to commence from Pushya Nakshatra.> Yoga is formed with the addition of Sun (Atman ) and Moon( Manaha).> Jeeva , represented by Jupiter , is supposed to have born in Pusya Nakshatra.> This is the reason 1st yoga¦nbsp;

supposed to commence with Pushya.> ¦nbsp;> Your guidance will be valuable.> Regards,> > ¦nbsp;> G.K.GOELancient_indian_ astrology, "Sreenadh" <sreesog wrote:>> > Dear Goel ji,> What you are referring to is the tradition given as " Tropical> Nityayoga List (As per Nadi tradition)" given at the end of the article.> Please note that, the reason for such a method to calculate the> planetary ownership was - The loadship of the trine> 'Pushya-Anuradha- UttaraBhadrapada is assigned to Saturn as per Nadi> tradition.> It is NOT necessory to add 24 twice etc since what we are considering> is the time taken for the equinox to move from Rohini to Uttara> Bhadrapada. (Neither Sun nor Moon is under consideration) .> Love and regards,> Sreenadh> > --- In

ancient_indian_ astrology, Gopal Goel> gkgoel1937@ wrote:> >> > Dear Sreenadh,> > As per present tradition , 1st Nirayan yoga Viskumbha commences> > from Nakshara Pushya and not from Asvini.> > You have taken to calculate the Era of Vashitha Shiddhanta> > from the equation of 24+13.20+13. 20+13.20 . As Tropical longitude> > of two planets Sun and Moon are being considered , Ayanamsa Value of> > 24 should be taken two times and not once only.> > I will be grateful to get your clarification.> > Regards,> > G . K. GOEL>

Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Invite them now.

Dear Goel ji, That was an excellent mail - many points well said. :)Vara://These are named based on seven planets . the order of days is > based on 24 horas and motion of planets .This system was adopted> and followed all over the world , but I am not aware , since when this system was> put to use.// It is well sure that the system was in use from the Vedic period itself, evident from the fact that even Atharva Vedanga Jyotisha mention and use them.Nakshatra://There are many nakshatra dasas, in which nakshatra's are assigned to

different planets (unlike zodiacal sign which are ruled by planets and

all savants agree on this). As such it is not correct to say that

Acavini is ruled by Ketu or Pushya// Well...correct to an extend. Due to the popularity of Visottari system, we assume Vimsottari rulership as default. Nityayoga://But one thing is clear that there  is no direct ruler ship of planets

on yogas and it will depend on reference to context ( as in the case of

Nakshatras). Nakshatras and yogas do have their independent

characterstics which are not directly influenced by planets.// Well said - I agree. Tithi://They are also not aligned> with planets or with zodiac signs. Their  link with planets again depend on the reference> and purpose.// True.Karana:// The day is divided in a  day and night. In Vadic era , seers were following >

Diva and Ratri Karnas. Each Thithi has two karnas.As Karna

represent two parts of the day , they are  controller of  the Karma// Could be...we cannot be sure about this, since conclusive evidences are not available.//five limbs of Panchang (day) have their > independent CHARACTERISTICS AND MAY NOT BE DIRECTLY LINKED EITHER WITH SIGNS OR PLANETS.// Well said - I agree.Love and regards,Sreenadh , Gopal Goel <gkgoel1937 wrote:>> Dear Sreenadh ji,> Many thanks for your clarifications.> I believe that Constituents of Panchang > do not have direct relationship with planets.>  > I am making the following observation , which are otherwise well > known , for your comments ans guidance:> 1. Vara's- These are named based on seven planets . the order of days is >    based on 24 horas and motion of planets .This system was adopted>   and followed all over the world , but I am not aware , since when this system was>   put to use. Now these week days are firmly linked with astrological Planets.>   The mean duration of one pair of day and night is 24 hours This laid the foundation>  of another four limbs of Panchang.It is not clear ,what methodology could have been adopted to fix the first day of the week after the name of planet Sun.>  > 2. Nakshatra- Once duration of a day ( here I DO NOT MEAN VARA'S)was fixed , obviously ancient seers adopted  27 Nakshatra(s) as Moon takes a round of the earth in 27.32 days . Varas are based on Sun which moves appr. one degree in about 24hrs, Moon moves about one Nakshatra in one day. In nirayana system , Acivani is presently considered  as 1st Nakashatra , but it is a matter of dispute till date. Even more so ,where  the zero point of 1st Nakshtra should be fixed on the zodiac( this is a open question  till date and still no unanimity is reached ) . It is not clear , in which era week days  were  adopted and Varas were firmly linked with planets . This is not the case with Nakshatras. There are many nakshatra dasas, in which nakshatra's are assigned to different planets (unlike zodiacal sign which are ruled by planets and all savants agree on this). As such it is not correct to say that Acavini is ruled by Ketu or Pushya> by Saturn etc. This depends on reference and context.> 3. Yogas - When the sum of  longitudes of Sun and Moon becomes zero or 360 >   degrees , 1st yoga starts which is named as Visva-kumbha . These are also 27 in>   number , as each yoga takes a period of about 24 hrs.Nakshatras have physical existence and represented by an arc in the sky , but this is not the case with yoga's. It looks that seers had  decided that each yoga will represent an arc of 13degree20' equivalent to Nakshatra. Some assign 1st yoga visvakumbha to Acivini and some to Pushya etc . But one thing is clear that there  is no direct ruler ship of planets on yogas and it will depend on reference to context ( as in the case of Nakshatras). Nakshatras and yogas do have their independent characterstics which are not directly influenced by planets.> 4. Tithis - When the difference in the longitude of Sun and Moon increases by 12 >  degrees , next tithi takes over . They are 30 in number. Again same principle is> adopted that a ththi takes about 24 hours to complete . They are also not aligned> with planets or with zodiac signs. Their  link with planets again depend on the reference> and purpose.> 5. Karna's- The day is divided in a  day and night. In Vadic era , seers were following >   Diva and Ratri Karnas. Each Thithi has two karnas.As Karna represent two parts of the day , they are  controller of  the Karma> The purpose of this narration is that five limbs of Panchang (day) have their > independent CHARACTERISTICS AND MAY NOT BE DIRECTLY LINKED EITHER WITH SIGNS OR PLANETS.> Regards,>   > G.K.GOEL> > > > > Sreenadh sreesog > Thursday, 23 October, 2008 10:26:46 AM> Re: Understanding Nityayoga (Corrected)> > > Dear Goel ji, >  May be I should correct the following statement a bit -> // *  I don't use Nityayoga much in day to day prediction. So what ever I say about Nityayoga is based on theoretical understanding. //>  I should better state - "I don't use Nityayoga much in day to day Natal Chart (Jataka)prediction. So what ever I say about use of Nityayoga in Natal Chart (Jataka) prediction is based on theoretical understanding. But I definitely use Nityayoga in Prashna on a day to day basis." >  The use of Nityayoga in Prashna is an entirely different system. I will try to elaborate it in another write-up. Of course, the Nityayoga rulers given earlier can be used not only in Jataka but also in Prashna since it is told that "Jatake yad yad uddishtam tat tat prashnepi chintayet" [what ever is told for Jataka can be applied (in its modified form) in Prashna as well] But to be sincere, I haven't seen anyone (except Sunil ji etc) as applying the Nityayoga rulership concept in Prashna. The true Kerala style of Nityayoga use in Prashna is an entirely different system that does not consider the Nityayoga rulers at all. > Love and regards,> Sreeandh>  > ancient_indian_ astrology, "Sreenadh" sreesog@ wrote:> > Re: Understanding Nityayoga > > Dear Goel ji, > //> What is your advise ?> > In day to day predictive purposes , ruler of Vishkumbh yoga> > should be taken as Ketu or Saturn.//>  *  I don't use Nityayoga much in day to day prediction. So what ever I say about Nityayoga is based on theoretical understanding.>  * But if have to then -  based on my theoretical understanding, since I could see that assigning the rulership of  Vishkambha Nityayoga to Ketus is in tune with the Nirayana astrological tradition, I will go for that. (But I know that the Nadi tradition of ascribing the the rulership of Vishkambha to Saturn is a proven one, I will use this system, provided I am considering tropical longitudes as well as suggested by this system) > //> Till now 1st yoga is assumed to commence from Pushya Nakshatra.//>  If the above statement is just about the rulership alone, then I will agree. Why because, Pushya-Anuradha- UttaraBhadrapada is the Saturn triad, and it is the first Nityayoga triad (since equinox is is Uttara Bhadrapada). The rulership is more important to us, than where the equinox is and thus the first Nakshatra in the above triad is Pushya (and not Uttara Bhadrapada). So we can start couting from Pushya and say that the Vishkambha-Ganda- Paridhi triad belongs to Saturn. The correct statement would be Vishkambha (Uttara Bhadrapada)- Ganda (Anuradha)-Paridhi (Pushya) triad belongs to saturn as per the Sayana Nadi Tradition of Nityayoga calculation. But if we are interested in finding the ruler alone, the accuracy of statement is not much important. >   But if you want to say that, the 1st Nityayoga i.e. Vishkambha Nityayoga corresponds to Pushya Nakshatra - then I will disagree. I am yet to see any reference that states the same. I am yet to see any valid logic that points to such a total change of moving the first point to Pushya. There ware only two first points as per tradition in Indian astrology - for Sayana tradition it was always vernal equinox; for Nirayana tradition it was always Asvinyadi. Moving the 1st Nityayoga to Pushya does not tally with any of these traditions and cannot be accepted, I would say. (At least I cannot accept it, till I find a valid referece, if at all available) . > //> Yoga is formed with the addition of Sun (Atman ) and Moon( Manaha).> > Jeeva , represented by Jupiter , is supposed to have born in Pusya Nakshatra.> > This is the reason 1st yoga¦nbsp; supposed to commence with Pushya.//>  We can find numerous such partially fulfilling logics - that cannot stay for long. The unanswerable questions would be ->  1) What is your reference for the above statement? Does any astrological classics states so?>  2) Why the 2nd Nityayoga i.e. Preeti Nityayoga should be ascribed to Aslesha Nakshatra? >  and so on> Love and regards,> Sreenadh> > ancient_indian_ astrology, Gopal Goel gkgoel1937@ ..> wrote:> >> > Dear Sreenadh ,> > What is your advise ?> > In day to day predictive purposes , ruler of Vishkumbh yoga> > should be taken as Ketu or Saturn.> > Till now 1st yoga is assumed to commence from Pushya Nakshatra.> > Yoga is formed with the addition of Sun (Atman ) and Moon( Manaha).> > Jeeva , represented by Jupiter , is supposed to have born in Pusya Nakshatra.> > This is the reason 1st yoga¦nbsp; supposed to commence with Pushya.> > ¦nbsp;> > Your guidance will be valuable.> > Regards,> > > > ¦nbsp;> > G.K.GOEL> > ancient_indian_ astrology, "Sreenadh" sreesog@ wrote:> >> > > > Dear Goel ji,> > What you are referring to is the tradition given as " Tropical> > Nityayoga List (As per Nadi tradition)" given at the end of the article.> > Please note that, the reason for such a method to calculate the> > planetary ownership was - The loadship of the trine> > 'Pushya-Anuradha- UttaraBhadrapada is assigned to Saturn as per Nadi> > tradition.> > It is NOT necessory to add 24 twice etc since what we are considering> > is the time taken for the equinox to move from Rohini to Uttara> > Bhadrapada. (Neither Sun nor Moon is under consideration) .> > Love and regards,> > Sreenadh> > > > ancient_indian_ astrology, Gopal Goel> > gkgoel1937@ wrote:> > >> > > Dear Sreenadh,> > > As per present tradition , 1st Nirayan yoga Viskumbha commences> > > from Nakshara Pushya and not from Asvini.> > > You have taken to calculate the Era of Vashitha Shiddhanta> > > from the equation of 24+13.20+13. 20+13.20 . As Tropical longitude> > > of two planets Sun and Moon are being considered , Ayanamsa Value of> > > 24 should be taken two times and not once only.> > > I will be grateful to get your clarification.> > > Regards,> > > G . K. GOEL> >> > > > Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Go to http://messenger./invite/>