IndiaDivine.org

What is your religion?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I have grown up in a liberal society and my family environment carried liberal ideas towards every caste. My grandfather was a staunch Hindu but he respected every God fearing person. That was the reason why our house was a Mecca for most of the religious personalities. It is my basic but strong belief that every religion is united at humanarian level.

If we listen to the authentic teachings of our great masters, whether he is Paigambar Sahib or Jesus Christ, there is one sole message through the whole sacred texts. That message is bold and clear, "Love every human soul, devoid of his caste or creed".

Our texts also say:

"Vidya Vinay Sampane Brahmane Gavi Hastini

Shuni ChaiveShavpakech Pandita Sam Darshina"

He who is true Brahmin will have same outlook towards Brahmin, cow, dog, elephant or Chandal.

But recent events indicate that religion has become a tool for seeking revenge or fulfilling motives of politics. Earlier; Church forced people to abandon Yoga practices, because according to the church it can divert them from their religion. Now it is the prominent body of clerics in Malaysia. They are going to launch a fatwa against Yoga very soon. According to Chairman Mr.Abdul Shukor; Muslims who practice yoga get deviated from their belief.

The activity of such people whether it is Church or Clergy is against their own religious understanding. Whatever was done by Shri Raj Thackery in Maharashtra was his own derisory understanding of nationality and humanity. Whatever gives you peace and prosperity is devoid of any religion. Whatever leads you towards love and humanity is true religion. Everything that caters to hatred or riots cannot be even close to what religion is. True Brahma means love for mankind.

I have found peace in some "Majars" , but does this makes me a non Hindu?. I have attended Church so many times (It was very good experience), so does this also makes me a non–Hindu? As a true seeker of knowledge one should know that peace and love has nothing to do with religion. It is a feeling that has no caste or religion.

There are two sayings which I adhere to and which I consider to be a path of enlighten. Both are very famous teachings, but both have deep rooted meanings:

"Pothi Par-par Jag Bhaya, Pandit bhaya na koye,

Dhai Akhar prem ka pare jo pandit hoi"

And here is another antidote:

"The branches laden with fruits always bends"

Off course we understand the meanings of both these sayings. First says that reading thousands of books cannot make you a learned. True learning is hidden in love and only love makes you a true learned.

Another one is easy; when you are a learned you always bow your head. This also means that a true learned respect others.

Trust me these two sentences have really turned my life to a miracle. I was lost in scriptures but what I felt is that you cannot find God through scriptures or books. Books make you intelligent but not witty. They can give you logic but they cannot teach you belief. But you will definitely find God when you start respecting every human life around you. You will be very near to God when you will fill yourself with immense love for all human forms. I know it is difficult, but not impossible.

True Brahma rests in every human form, whether they are plants or insects, whether they are ants or elephants. Once you understand this, you will have love for everything. You will start looking behind their skins; you will see your own beloved God inside every human form. Then it will be difficult for you to hate anybody. You will not be able to part with love.

Trust me, if hatred would have a life inside, I would be the first to embrace her.

Alok Jagawat

Dear Jagawat ji,

A beautiful mail, and I appreciate every sentence written here. Specially - "The branches laden with fruits always bends" I would add here -

"Stone too are thrown by many, on these same branches ".

" But that will not deter the tree from bearing fruits once again, in the next season. "

A practical implementation of us, Loving the world would be first to gain Love from our own family members. If one can gain Love ad respect and affections from his own near and dear ones, then there is no reason why he cannot gain love from the others in the world. We have to start practising this from home itself. Not much reading about great Men, listening to audios of Mahapurushas, or watching Satsnga channels whole day is going to be of any use, this has to be stopped at a certain point of time. Same way like reading books on meditation have to be stopped at a point, and then actual siting cross legged and meditating must began, to be of any palpable worth.

Your mail is good for those who can learn from this, and i have already started prcatising this some few weeks before, by Gods grace, and it is giving me much happiness. Practising - Loving others, being sweet to them , being helpful, not getting angered easily on them, if angered then not using harsh words or hurting words, learning to be more patient . But first I am doing this at home, and then later on would move to the outside.

All religions teach us the same - Love all.

best wishes,

Bhaskar.

, "a_jagawat" <a_jagawat wrote:>> > I have grown up in a liberal society and my family environment carried> liberal ideas towards every caste. My grandfather was a staunch Hindu> but he respected every God fearing person. That was the reason why our> house was a Mecca for most of the religious personalities. It is my> basic but strong belief that every religion is united at humanarian> level.> > If we listen to the authentic teachings of our great masters, whether he> is Paigambar Sahib or Jesus Christ, there is one sole message through> the whole sacred texts. That message is bold and clear, "Love every> human soul, devoid of his caste or creed".> > Our texts also say:> > "Vidya Vinay Sampane Brahmane Gavi Hastini> > Shuni ChaiveShavpakech Pandita Sam Darshina"> > He who is true Brahmin will have same outlook towards Brahmin, cow, dog,> elephant or Chandal.> > But recent events indicate that religion has become a tool for seeking> revenge or fulfilling motives of politics. Earlier; Church forced people> to abandon Yoga practices, because according to the church it can divert> them from their religion. Now it is the prominent body of clerics in> Malaysia. They are going to launch a fatwa against Yoga very soon.> According to Chairman Mr.Abdul Shukor; Muslims who practice yoga get> deviated from their belief.> > The activity of such people whether it is Church or Clergy is against> their own religious understanding. Whatever was done by Shri Raj> Thackery in Maharashtra was his own derisory understanding of> nationality and humanity. Whatever gives you peace and prosperity is> devoid of any religion. Whatever leads you towards love and humanity is> true religion. Everything that caters to hatred or riots cannot be even> close to what religion is. True Brahma means love for mankind.> > I have found peace in some "Majars" , but does this makes me a> non Hindu?. I have attended Church so many times (It was very good> experience), so does this also makes me a non–Hindu? As a true> seeker of knowledge one should know that peace and love has nothing to> do with religion. It is a feeling that has no caste or religion.> > There are two sayings which I adhere to and which I consider to be a> path of enlighten. Both are very famous teachings, but both have deep> rooted meanings:> > "Pothi Par-par Jag Bhaya, Pandit bhaya na koye,> > Dhai Akhar prem ka pare jo pandit hoi"> > And here is another antidote:> > "The branches laden with fruits always bends"> > > > Off course we understand the meanings of both these sayings. First says> that reading thousands of books cannot make you a learned. True learning> is hidden in love and only love makes you a true learned.> > Another one is easy; when you are a learned you always bow your head.> This also means that a true learned respect others.> > Trust me these two sentences have really turned my life to a miracle. I> was lost in scriptures but what I felt is that you cannot find God> through scriptures or books. Books make you intelligent but not witty.> They can give you logic but they cannot teach you belief. But you will> definitely find God when you start respecting every human life around> you. You will be very near to God when you will fill yourself with> immense love for all human forms. I know it is difficult, but not> impossible.> > True Brahma rests in every human form, whether they are plants or> insects, whether they are ants or elephants. Once you understand this,> you will have love for everything. You will start looking behind their> skins; you will see your own beloved God inside every human form. Then> it will be difficult for you to hate anybody. You will not be able to> part with love.> > Trust me, if hatred would have a life inside, I would be the first to> embrace her.> > > > Alok Jagawat>

Dear Bhaskar Ji,

Very beautiful comments and I really appreciate whatever you mention.

We are blessed that love has no religion.

Jai Ho |

With love and Regards,

Alok

, " Bhaskar "

<rajiventerprises wrote:

>

>

> Dear Jagawat ji,

>

> A beautiful mail, and I appreciate every sentence written here.

> Specially - " The branches laden with fruits always bends "

> I would add here -

>

> " Stone too are thrown by many, on these same branches " .

>

> " But that will not deter the tree from bearing fruits once again,

in

> the next season. "

>

> A practical implementation of us, Loving the world would be first to

> gain Love from our own family members. If one can gain Love ad

respect

> and affections from his own near and dear ones, then there is no

reason

> why he cannot gain love from the others in the world. We have to

start

> practising this from home itself. Not much reading about great Men,

> listening to audios of Mahapurushas, or watching Satsnga channels

whole

> day is going to be of any use, this has to be stopped at a certain

point

> of time. Same way like reading books on meditation have to be

stopped at

> a point, and then actual siting cross legged and meditating must

began,

> to be of any palpable worth.

>

> Your mail is good for those who can learn from this, and i have

already

> started prcatising this some few weeks before, by Gods grace, and

it is

> giving me much happiness. Practising - Loving others, being sweet to

> them , being helpful, not getting angered easily on them, if angered

> then not using harsh words or hurting words, learning to be more

patient

> . But first I am doing this at home, and then later on would move

to

> the outside.

>

> All religions teach us the same - Love all.

>

> best wishes,

>

> Bhaskar.

>

>

>

>

, " a_jagawat "

> <a_jagawat@> wrote:

> >

> >

> > I have grown up in a liberal society and my family environment

carried

> > liberal ideas towards every caste. My grandfather was a staunch

Hindu

> > but he respected every God fearing person. That was the reason

why our

> > house was a Mecca for most of the religious personalities. It is

my

> > basic but strong belief that every religion is united at

humanarian

> > level.

> >

> > If we listen to the authentic teachings of our great masters,

whether

> he

> > is Paigambar Sahib or Jesus Christ, there is one sole message

through

> > the whole sacred texts. That message is bold and clear, " Love

every

> > human soul, devoid of his caste or creed " .

> >

> > Our texts also say:

> >

> > " Vidya Vinay Sampane Brahmane Gavi Hastini

> >

> > Shuni ChaiveShavpakech Pandita Sam Darshina "

> >

> > He who is true Brahmin will have same outlook towards Brahmin,

cow,

> dog,

> > elephant or Chandal.

> >

> > But recent events indicate that religion has become a tool for

seeking

> > revenge or fulfilling motives of politics. Earlier; Church forced

> people

> > to abandon Yoga practices, because according to the church it can

> divert

> > them from their religion. Now it is the prominent body of clerics

in

> > Malaysia. They are going to launch a fatwa against Yoga very soon.

> > According to Chairman Mr.Abdul Shukor; Muslims who practice yoga

get

> > deviated from their belief.

> >

> > The activity of such people whether it is Church or Clergy is

against

> > their own religious understanding. Whatever was done by Shri Raj

> > Thackery in Maharashtra was his own derisory understanding of

> > nationality and humanity. Whatever gives you peace and prosperity

is

> > devoid of any religion. Whatever leads you towards love and

humanity

> is

> > true religion. Everything that caters to hatred or riots cannot be

> even

> > close to what religion is. True Brahma means love for mankind.

> >

> > I have found peace in some " Majars " , but does this makes me a

> > non Hindu?. I have attended Church so many times (It was very good

> > experience), so does this also makes me a non–Hindu? As a true

> > seeker of knowledge one should know that peace and love has

nothing to

> > do with religion. It is a feeling that has no caste or religion.

> >

> > There are two sayings which I adhere to and which I consider to

be a

> > path of enlighten. Both are very famous teachings, but both have

deep

> > rooted meanings:

> >

> > " Pothi Par-par Jag Bhaya, Pandit bhaya na koye,

> >

> > Dhai Akhar prem ka pare jo pandit hoi "

> >

> > And here is another antidote:

> >

> > " The branches laden with fruits always bends "

> >

> >

> >

> > Off course we understand the meanings of both these sayings. First

> says

> > that reading thousands of books cannot make you a learned. True

> learning

> > is hidden in love and only love makes you a true learned.

> >

> > Another one is easy; when you are a learned you always bow your

head.

> > This also means that a true learned respect others.

> >

> > Trust me these two sentences have really turned my life to a

miracle.

> I

> > was lost in scriptures but what I felt is that you cannot find God

> > through scriptures or books. Books make you intelligent but not

witty.

> > They can give you logic but they cannot teach you belief. But you

will

> > definitely find God when you start respecting every human life

around

> > you. You will be very near to God when you will fill yourself with

> > immense love for all human forms. I know it is difficult, but not

> > impossible.

> >

> > True Brahma rests in every human form, whether they are plants or

> > insects, whether they are ants or elephants. Once you understand

this,

> > you will have love for everything. You will start looking behind

their

> > skins; you will see your own beloved God inside every human form.

Then

> > it will be difficult for you to hate anybody. You will not be

able to

> > part with love.

> >

> > Trust me, if hatred would have a life inside, I would be the

first to

> > embrace her.

> >

> >

> >

> > Alok Jagawat