Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Learned People,

How accurate Dasha periods can be calculated for Vimsottari Dashas

There are different types of periods, namely:

Normal Solar year : 365 days

Savana years : 360 days

and few more

How can these be differentiated in terms of events. North India astrologers say Normal Solar year should be used.

Tamil astrologers use Savana years

Personally I have felt Savana years to me more close to reality in terms of events.

What is your opinion on the same.

Warm Regards,

Amit Nakai

Dear Amit, Check the file Sreenadh%20OG/Year%20Length%20(Dasa).pdf * I prefer 360 days Savana year with Chandra hari Ayanamsa. But the scientific base of Savana year is not clear. Almost all astrological classics, suggest the use of Sayana year. * Most astrologers prefer 365.2425 days Normal Solar year with Chitrapaksha Ayanamsa. Normal solar year has clearly identified scientific foundation. Among astrological classics only Phaladeepika suggest the use of Normal Solar year. In this group, you will find people who follow both these systems, as well as some other variants. Your choice is upto you. The point is - if you are able to predict correctly, we are not bothered about which system you use, or whether you are using a mix-up. We are not much bothered about the scientific or even logic basis - but much interested in the results and any method using which we could successfully arrive at it.Love and regards,Sreenadh , "Amit Nakai" <amit.nakai wrote:>> Dear Learned People,> > How accurate Dasha periods can be calculated for Vimsottari Dashas> > There are different types of periods, namely:> > Normal Solar year : 365 days> Savana years : 360 days> and few more> > > How can these be differentiated in terms of events. North India astrologers say Normal Solar year should be used.> Tamil astrologers use Savana years> > Personally I have felt Savana years to me more close to reality in terms of events. > > What is your opinion on the same.> > > > Warm Regards,> Amit Nakai>

Respected Amit Nakal,

I agree with you. I find that savan year calculations give more accurate results. According to me it should always be savan years as dasha is calculated on savan basis.and years to the planets such as 20 years to Venus, and 6 years to Sun etc., have also been on savan basis.

Regards--- On Fri, 11/7/08, Amit Nakai <amit.nakai wrote:

Amit Nakai <amit.nakai Vimsottari Dasha Period calculation Date: Friday, November 7, 2008, 5:44 PM

Dear Learned People,

How accurate Dasha periods can be calculated for Vimsottari Dashas

There are different types of periods, namely:

Normal Solar year : 365 days

Savana years : 360 days

and few more

How can these be differentiated in terms of events. North India astrologers say Normal Solar year should be used.

Tamil astrologers use Savana years

Personally I have felt Savana years to me more close to reality in terms of events.

What is your opinion on the same.

Warm Regards,

Amit Nakai

Dear Amit ji,

Keeping the technical autheticity part besides, it intrigues me, how

many people will be able to predict even with a 365 days counter or

within a 360 days counter, if both given to them ?

First identifying what event is going to take place, is the main part,

after that the timing factor arises. We can talk about the 360 or 365

part only if we are adept in identifying by looking at a chart, what

incident is going to take place.

Whether 360 or 365 , even for a astrologer who can predict well, the

difference of few months timing in event will happen only after one

crosses the age of 30.

I am not looking for arguments, but just putting my thoughts across.

regards/Bhaskar.

, " Amit Nakai "

<amit.nakai wrote:

>

> Dear Learned People,

>

> How accurate Dasha periods can be calculated for Vimsottari Dashas

>

> There are different types of periods, namely:

>

> Normal Solar year : 365 days

> Savana years : 360 days

> and few more

>

>

> How can these be differentiated in terms of events. North India

astrologers say Normal Solar year should be used.

> Tamil astrologers use Savana years

>

> Personally I have felt Savana years to me more close to reality in

terms of events.

>

> What is your opinion on the same.

>

>

>

> Warm Regards,

> Amit Nakai

>

Dear Sreenadh ji,//We are not much bothered about the scientific or even logic basis - but much interested in the results and any method using which we could successfully arrive at it.//

Well said.Many pathways lead to the same peak. Logic is only the ladder we may sometimes need to reach the goal. It has to be dropped the moment we're there. In logic we say life is life; it is not death and similarly death is death; it is not life. In this way we make our concepts neat and logical, but the mystery of life is lost. Life and death exist together, the are bound together… in each moment.

So are most other things we try to delineate with logic. Sorry for philosophy!!RegardsNeelam