IndiaDivine.org

Galactic Astrology

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear All, There are many out there who are after something called Galactic Astrology. May be even our dear member Buz Overbeck after that - I don't know. Any way a good amount of information was collected, created or organized by this brand of individuals. I am quoting below the words of a Galactic astrologer and providing the link to the info he share. The follwowing small write-up is from: http://www.geocities.com/astrologytheevidence/index.htm But more importantly, don't forget to check the informative links at: http://www.geocities.com/astrologyreference/index.htm and regards,Sreenadh==================================

Astrology - The Evidence

Definition: YOUR evidence that YOUR astrology does or doesn't work. [This web-site is aimed at the needs of the practicing astrologer.]

Philosophy of the Website: As astrologers we know through our everyday working experience that astrology works. This presents us with a problem: we pretty much disagree amongst ourselves about all the basic concepts of astrology: which Zodiac; which House Definition; which House Systems; are we in the Age of Aquarius yet; should we use all the planets or just the Classical ones; should the more recently discovered planets be allowed to rule signs; should we include asteroids and/or Centaur objects; when a planet appears to go retrograde does this change its influence; are lunar nodes important or not; even about whether newspaper-type Sun-sign astrology has any truth to it. So even though we know astrology works, we can't all be right about how to put into practice. Put another way: some other astrologers are very likely to be using a truer astrological system than you [or I] are [and many others one which isn't so true... of course] [i suspect you are thinking: but I know it's mine that truest: I am, but we can't all be right.]

This state of affairs presents a number of problems for us. Firstly, we could all be short-changing our clients - there could be many other astrologers out there who would provide a truer reading than we could, because their system is truer. Truthfully, how do you know that isn't the case. Secondly, all this argument amongst ourselves produces huge quantities of ammunition for the anti-astrology lobby. 'They can't even agree amongst themselves', the anti-astrologers say, 'how could anything they say be true.'

What this Website WON'T Attempt to Do: Provide you with a lot of opinions by a lot of astrological authority figures about which systems are right and which are wrong. You can find a suitable authority figure on any side of an astrological argument.

What this Website WILL Attempt to Do: Provide some methods by which we can test our own systems of astrology. For example, let's say you follow Vedic Astrology and know the Sidereal Zodiac to be a truer way of doing astrology, I'll provide on the site a method to test predictions made using the Sidereal Zodiac against those using the Tropical Zodiac. That way you can determine for yourself which is the truer system.

Publish and be Proud! Finally, I would encourage you to publish on the web your results from these tests. Show them to your clients... Send them to skeptical scientists... with a little note telling them, I told you so. The more of us do these tests, the more we can start to come up with a consensus of astrologers on the truest astrology which will serve all of us, and the public at large, much better in the future.

The Tests As to the tests... watch this space...!

© Dr Shepherd Simpson, Galactic Astrologer

==================================

Dear All, Here is some thing more of the same trend from the same individual (Dr Shepherd Simpson) from: http://www.geocities.com/astrologyzodiacs/solarzodiac.htm Love and regards,Sreenadh=======================================

The Equal Sign Solar Zodiacs: Eastern and Western

Definition: [Zodiacs] The signs or constellations the Sun 'passes through' each year. These signs/constellations give us a way of marking the changing position of the Sun as seen from Earth.

Zodiac Wars: The Solar Zodiac generates a lot of controversy amongst we astrologers for several reasons:

(1) There is More than One Equal-Sign Solar Zodiac: There are two main types of equal-sign solar zodiac. The one used by most Western astrologers, the Tropical Zodiac, and the one used by Eastern astrologers, the Sidereal or Vedic Zodiac. To further complicate the picture, some Western astrologers also use a Sidereal Zodiac, the Fagan-Bradley version, which is not quite the same as the standard Eastern Zodiac.

(2) What is the Difference between these Solar Zodiacs?: There's only one difference: where they begin. Whilst the Tropical Zodiac begins with Aries on March the 21st the Sidereal Zodiacs currently start with Aries about a month later. This makes a huge difference as under one zodiac you may have a Sun-Sign of Aries and under the other Pisces! And all the other signs also disagree in the same way between the two Zodiacs!

(3) Uh? How Can Aries be in Two Places in the Sky at Once?: It can't. The Sidereal Zodiac Aries roughly corresponds to where Aries is in the sky. The Tropical Zodiac sign of Aries roughly corresponds to where Pisces is in the sky. So if you were born on March 21st the Sun was to be found against the constellation Pisces as viewed from Earth when you were being born. We say the Sun is 'in Pisces' on the Vernal Equinox, March 21st, which is why this is the Age of Pisces. The Sun continues to transit Pisces until 18th April in the Real Solar Zodiac.

(4) So Which is True?: Obviously only one of them can be true: you can't be a Sun-Sign Pisces and Sun-Sign Aries simultaneously. I have to say that that if the choice was between the two equal-sign zodiacs then the sky would get my vote and I would have to go with the Sidereal Zodiac. That would make me in a minority amongst Western Astrologers, but the heavens have to have the last word.

However... actually neither of them is true, because even the Sidereal Zodiac does not accurately represent the real heavens above. It is a useful simplification invented by the Ancient Babylonians, who didn't have the advantage of our computers to track the positions of the Sun and planets. The Sidereal Zodiac is itself inaccurate in two ways:

Firstly: there are in fact thirteen signs in the Real Solar Zodiac. The 10th sign is Ophiuchus, the Serpent Bearer.

Secondly, the signs don't have the same length, Scorpius for example is only seven days long.

(5) So What do Most Western [Tropical] Astrologers Say?: We generally say that there is a confusion here between a sign and a constellation. We say that they are not the same thing. In that case the next question is: so what exactly is a sign if we take it away from the stars? Answer: I have no idea... you would have to ask a Tropical Astrologer.

Further Information: The term Solar Zodiac can be a bit misleading. "Solar" here implies the "movement" of the Sun, in other words the Ecliptic path of the Sun as seen from Earth and the constellations/signs seen along that path which the Sun transits.

In reality, the Sun doesn't move, the Earth orbits the Sun. Therefore, the Zodiac Wheels described by the term Solar Zodiac are geocircumspectus. This means that they describe the dates of when heavenly bodies are seen against constellations only from the view point of Earth. From a different planet in the solar system, in a different place along a different orbit around the Sun, the Sun and planets would be in different 'positions', i.e. they would be seen against different constellations in comparison with the view of those planets from the Earth.

Examples: Follow this link if you would like to see examples of Sidereal and Tropical zodiac wheels for the example of Prince William's horoscopes. The heliocircumspectus charts also show how the planet positions would look from the view point of the Sun against the two wheel types.

======================================= , "Sreenadh" <sreesog wrote:>> > Dear All,> There are many out there who are after something called Galactic> Astrology. May be even our dear member Buz Overbeck after that - I> don't know. [:)] Any way a good amount of information was collected,> created or organized by this brand of individuals. I am quoting below> the words of a Galactic astrologer and providing the link to the info he> share.> The follwowing small write-up is from:> http://www.geocities.com/astrologytheevidence/index.htm> <http://www.geocities.com/astrologytheevidence/index.htm>> But more importantly, don't forget to check the informative links at:> http://www.geocities.com/astrologyreference/index.htm> <http://www.geocities.com/astrologyreference/index.htm>> and regards,> Sreenadh> ==================================> Astrology - The Evidence> Definition: YOUR evidence that YOUR astrology does or doesn't work.> [This web-site is aimed at the needs of the practicing astrologer.]> > Philosophy of the Website: As astrologers we know through our everyday> working experience that astrology works. This presents us with a> problem: we pretty much disagree amongst ourselves about all the basic> concepts of astrology: which Zodiac> <http://www.geocities.com/astrologyzodiacs/index.htm> ; which House> Definition <http://www.geocities.com/astrologyhouses/twelvehouses.htm> ;> which House Systems> <http://www.geocities.com/astrologyhouses/housesystems.htm> ; are we in> the Age of Aquarius> <http://www.geocities.com/astrologyages/ageofaquarius.htm> yet; should> we use all the planets or just the Classical ones; should the more> recently discovered planets be allowed to rule signs; should we include> asteroids and/or Centaur objects; when a planet appears to go retrograde> does this change its influence; are lunar nodes important or not; even> about whether newspaper-type Sun-sign> <http://www.geocities.com/astrologyconstellations/index.htm> astrology> has any truth to it. So even though we know astrology works, we can't> all be right about how to put into practice. Put another way: some other> astrologers are very likely to be using a truer astrological system than> you [or I] are [and many others one which isn't so true... of course] [i> suspect you are thinking: but I know it's mine that truest: I am, but we> can't all be right.]> > This state of affairs presents a number of problems for us. Firstly, we> could all be short-changing our clients - there could be many other> astrologers out there who would provide a truer reading than we could,> because their system is truer. Truthfully, how do you know that isn't> the case. Secondly, all this argument amongst ourselves produces huge> quantities of ammunition for the anti-astrology lobby. 'They can't even> agree amongst themselves', the anti-astrologers say, 'how could anything> they say be true.'> > What this Website WON'T Attempt to Do: Provide you with a lot of> opinions by a lot of astrological authority figures about which systems> are right and which are wrong. You can find a suitable authority figure> on any side of an astrological argument.> > What this Website WILL Attempt to Do: Provide some methods by which we> can test our own systems of astrology. For example, let's say you follow> Vedic Astrology and know the Sidereal Zodiac> <http://www.geocities.com/astrologyzodiacs/siderealzodiac.htm> to be a> truer way of doing astrology, I'll provide on the site a method to test> predictions made using the Sidereal Zodiac> <http://www.geocities.com/astrologyzodiacs/siderealzodiac.htm> against> those using the Tropical Zodiac> <http://www.geocities.com/astrologyzodiacs/tropicalzodiac.htm> . That> way you can determine for yourself which is the truer system.> > Publish and be Proud! Finally, I would encourage you to publish on the> web your results from these tests. Show them to your clients... Send> them to skeptical scientists... with a little note telling them, I told> you so. The more of us do these tests, the more we can start to come up> with a consensus of astrologers on the truest astrology which will serve> all of us, and the public at large, much better in the future.> > The Tests As to the tests... watch this space...!> > © Dr Shepherd Simpson, Galactic Astrologer> > ==================================>

, " Sreenadh "

<sreesog wrote:

>

> > Dear All,

> > There are many out there who are after something called Galactic

> > Astrology. May be even our dear member Buz Overbeck after that - I

> > don't know. [:)]

Ah Sreenadh, how nice of you to think of me! No, I'm not a " Galactic

Astrologer " , I just use the Galactic Center at 0 Sag ayanamsa in my

work. Otherwise, my feet are planted firmly in the earth like (most of)

the rest of us here!

I followed the links that you sent and found it interesting that every

link on that site to " Galactic Zodiac " was broken!!! Maybe that says it

all.

Regards to you,

BO

Dear Buz Overbeck ji, ==>> Ah Sreenadh, how nice of you to think of me! No, I'm not a "Galactic > Astrologer"<== That was just a joke - just because of the fact that you use use the Galactic Center at 0 Sag ayanamsa in your work. I know that you are not a Galactic astrologer. ==>>my feet are planted firmly in the earth like (most of) > the rest of us here!<== Yes - I know and agree. ==>> I followed the links that you sent and found it interesting that every > link on that site to "Galactic Zodiac" was broken!!! Maybe that says it > all.<== True. But a googling with the words "Galactic Astrology" can provide much info on this new trend, that can be termed 'made-up astrology'' rather than 'galactic astrology' Love and regards,Sreenadh , "Buz Overbeck" <overbeck wrote:>> , "Sreenadh" > sreesog@ wrote:> >> > > Dear All,> > > There are many out there who are after something called Galactic> > > Astrology. May be even our dear member Buz Overbeck after that - I> > > don't know. [:)] > > Ah Sreenadh, how nice of you to think of me! No, I'm not a "Galactic > Astrologer", I just use the Galactic Center at 0 Sag ayanamsa in my > work. Otherwise, my feet are planted firmly in the earth like (most of) > the rest of us here!> > I followed the links that you sent and found it interesting that every > link on that site to "Galactic Zodiac" was broken!!! Maybe that says it > all.> > Regards to you,> > BO>