IndiaDivine.org

[Ind-Arch] Fwd: Achievements of our Vedic-Hindu sage scientists

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Shri Sunil Nair ji,

People like Mr.Kaul are many, in this world, and we will just waste our time in discussing with him/them or arguing with him/them, with no palpable tangible benefit or positive outcome with reference to Vedas, astrology or these divine sciences. I remember I had put a set of queries to him a few months ago, and he could not answer a single one of them , instead copy pasted a article of "The onus of proof lies no You " and tried to make a fool of himself, and displayed clearly that he has got no conclusive evidence to his utterances, either with scientific proof, or any illustrative methods to reaffirm his findings or knowledge projected. I realised that day, that heres " Big talk and Preaching with no ounce of action " with this man. He is a " Teacher who does not know what to teach and has nothing to teach ".

He may be having some knowledge of astronomy I cannot deny or confirm, because he does not leave any scope for the other person to ask questions, and neither does he behave in a cultured manner, so as to enforce a unbiased discussion. Nobody likes to discuss with a person who talks with scant respect and total disdain for his own ancestors. But this much is proved, that he knows NOTHING about astrology related to astronomy.

Any talk on him or about him, is unnecessary giving him levarge and free advertisement to his inconsequential blabberings.

best wishes,

Bhaskar.

, "sunil nair" <astro_tellerkerala wrote:>> > > > hare rama krishna> > dear sunil Bhattacharjya ji> > let us discard kaul for his wilful deliberate and designed to spread> confusion utterance s>he is on this mission without any monetary benefit> for last 25 yrs is undigestable and he has all the time and resources> too and never short of anything ,so we can very well understand that he> is on missionary work than creating a calender which is not workable> .And vedas discuss abt solar ( saura and savana ) calenders and that is> basic calender any primitiv man can create as it is observable and easy> to make .then only this lunar and nakshatra calenders happened ,which is> mathematical one and without a rasi concept again it is not possible > ,with rasis only jupiterian calnders possible as it is taken as time> taken by jupiter to move in one rasi ,so every thing is understood and> nothing shud b prooved .when some one discuss some thing every sentence> we dont need to tell or explain basics ewhich is a common prasctise too> ,so asking proof of everything in vedas is simply bull shit .The meaning> ofthye word vedas is ultimate knowledge secured till day and which is> regrded sacredbecause hindus ( means all indian religions including> jaina ,budha ,saiva ,tantric etc ) take any knowledge as sacred ,so> astrology is jyotirveda and ayurveda and stpata veda and all other 64> branches of science generated this way only here veda means knowldge not> that it means u can see its full text in vedas ( which is devided by> veda vyasa as 4 vedas )> > all his questions r like this and he has no proof too ,that we got> everything frm greeks or chaldeans than his support he support his> argumnt with any proofs .europeans using right hand to eat is not our> mistake ,it is univerdal truth and phinomenon ,so universal truth may be> adopted by many races ( i dont want to belittle any race or culture )> .india has already proof of many things frm BC 10000 that we hav defenit> systems and culture than greek or roman or chalderans own its own> > > > also any scinece ( satra ) to survive ,devlp or even 2 grow it needs a> philosophical backing ( like janma punarnma and advaita etc ahm brhmasmi> ) ,so if some one in greek mentions some thing means it is pirated than> we got frm them .otherwise kaul has to demonstrte how they arrived it> and how and why it has not been followed further .> > His fvrite argumnt is yavans are greeks and maya is a greek man which is> not possible even frm greek history as it is his ignorence or wilful> agenda ( actualy he--kaul - is trying to become one to destroy hindu> culture ,which he blame on maya the asura ) he is repeating every thing> again and again even after it is prooved by many ,still he will use> same adjectives which u explained in mail plus he is depending on xian> missionary trnslations than he know s any sanskrit,because it is never> heard in any where history than some one created some thing to fool> others -here we hindus and it is blindly followed by all hindus .( i> mean surya sidhanta and i even asked one of my frnd to ask Kaul to> create such a treatise if it is so easy or if any one can do it,pls ask> him to show me . which is close to modern finding and v v v minor errors> are projected by kaul as big mistakes ) and the truth is hindus observed> all this not to sent satelite or make a coloney in space but to observe> festivals and various vedic rituals and predict matters related country> and persons as our prapancha bodham was like that ,we blv that we r mini> brahmandam ,so any thing happening in space is also possible to make an> impact in mini cosmos which is pindandam which is very much close to> advaita philosophy too.Without a utility part no PPL will follow> anything for such a long time ,even many rituals even changed but not> astrology or such scinces> > if he has objections ask him to explain ( than we keep on teaching him> so as to find more alternativ argumnts and i blv it shud b done with a> strong moderation ( i mean a judge shud b there ) than he is left like> a loose dog to wander frm grps to grps and haunt ppl and call names or> attack in personals mails ))what is purusha sukta and its purpose ( to> know his vast knowledge in sanskrit ) and ask him to define how hindus> arrived the lunar calender and panchanga and thithies .He never explaind> this ( as some one who is my student has asked him this 100 times and he> never bother to answer it and was keep on running away without answering> it ) and such a fool is arguing for a unsuccessful calender and all> hindu fools in many hindu forums thinks he has lot of brain and knowldge> and he is talking some sense and it is what is in vedas> > > > better i talk after his explnations> > > > other wise we r waisting our time and even money ( as he is getting it> in millions and he needs to show proof too to his masters )> > > > sorry for all mistakes in typing ( as i type and will not re read it b4> posting )> > > > regrds sunil nair> > om shreem mahalaxmai namah> > > , Sunil Bhattacharjya> sunil_bhattacharjya@ wrote:> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> > Dear Shri Avtarji,> >> > Namaste,> >> > Can I refer to your following statement ?> >> > "Vedic astrologers" claim that they can "pre-see (hind-sight! ?)" the> previous janmas and "foresee" the future janmas as well, but they are> actually blind as a bat regading scriptual matters!"> >> > I shall be highly grateful if you kindly clarify as to where and when> did any Vedic astrologer claim that they can pre-see janmas and foresee> the future janmas as well. To my knowledge Lord Buddha could see his> past janmas only when he got spiritual enlightenment. Trikalajna> Rishis are said to be able to see the past, present and the future. To> my knowledge the Vedic astrologers think that the natal horoscope> reflects only the effects of the past karma in this life. However this> is not say that no karma of this life will have any effect in this life> at all.> >> > I fully agree with your quotation from the Suryasiddhanta "Bhanor> Makara Sankranteh shanmanasa Uttarayana, Karkyades tathaiva syat> shanmasa dakshinayanam" i.e. "The six months of Uttarayana start with> the ingress of the sun into Makara Rashi and the six months of> Dakshinayana start with its ingress into Karkata rashi".> >> > To my knowledge the Winter Solstice started occurring in the Makar> Rashi from the 19th century BCE and the Winter Solstice continued to> occur in the Makar Rashi till the 3rd century CE and after that it> started occurring in the Dhanu rashi. This junction of change over from> Makar Rashi to Dhanu Rashi in the 3rd century CE is memorable and from> that time the Ayanamsha correction started. Astronomically after 25,800> years from the time in the 3rd century CE the Wnter Solstice should> occur again at the junction of change over from Makar Rashi to Dhanu> Rashi. In the absence of specific reference to Makar Sankranti in any of> the pre-19th century BCE ancient texts it appears reasonable to say > that before the 19 th century BCE the Makar Sankranti was not observed> on the Uttarayana day and therefore there is no need to observe Makar> Sankranti on the Uttarayana day now.> >> > I would like to have your valuable opinion as to whether you agree> with the above analysis and if not why. I am also requesting the other> reputed scholars of the Jyotish sashtra, who are in these addressed> groups, such as Shri Robertsonji, Shri Sreenadhji, Shri Sunil Nairji,> Dr. R.N.Iyengarji, Shri Ajai katesariyaji, Shri Gopal Goelji, Shri> vinay jhaji and other scholars with interest in this subject, to give> their valuable opinion on this very crucial matter.> >> > Regards,> >> > Sunil K. Bhattacharjya> >> >> >> >> >> > --- On Tue, 3/10/09, Avtar Krishen Kaul jyotirved@ wrote:> >> > Avtar Krishen Kaul jyotirved@> > [ind-Arch] Fwd: Re: Achievements of our Vedic-Hindu sage> scientists> > IndiaArchaeology > > Tuesday, March 10, 2009, 2:36 AM> >> >> >> >> >> >> > Dear Group,> > Namaskar!> > "Vedic astrologers" claim that they can "pre-see (hind-sight! ?)" the> previous janmas and "foresee" the future janmas as well, but they are> actually blind as a bat regading scriptual matters!> >> > The following comment from a member is very interesting in this> context,"So why should Avtarji and others insist that Makar Sankranti> should be observed on the Uttarayana day. Let these festivals such as> the Makar Sankranti and the Tula Sankranti be observed as usual when the> Sun enters the Nirayana Makar rashi and Nirayana Tula rashi. This should> not be taken an excuse to derail the making of the authentic Hindu> Calendar".> >> > I wish the member concerned had shunned his tamoguni budhi, and> purused at least the following excerpts from my post No.8373 of Feb> 25,09--hardly of a few days back! And I quote just a few relevant paras:> >> > "4. It is thus futile to talk about the Vedic rashis being so called> sayana or so called nirayana since you cannot discuss the qualities and> qualifications of a non-existent entity! Such gimmicks are used only in> predictive astrology like kala-sarpa yoga/dosha by "invisible" lunar> nodes, which are just mathematical points--- or imaginary Dreshkana and> saptamasha and what not divisions of imaginary twelve equal divisions of> Mesha etc. rashis and "correct phalita" through imaginary vimshotari and> ashtotari and yogini and kalachakra and hundreds of such dashas etc.> etc.! Such gimmicks, however, cannot work in astronomy, which demands> proofs for any claims made!> >> > "The nirayana versus sayana mess that has derailed the Hindu calendar> is actually a creation of Hindu jyotishis (who call themselves Vedic> astrologers (sic!) these days! It is actually the difference of the> calculated longitudes of the Surya Sidhanta vis-à-vis the actual> phenomena of Winter Solstice etc. that is known as Ayanamsha! For> example, the Surya Sidhanta says categorically, "Bhanor Makara> Sankranteh shanmanasa Uttarayana, Karkyades tathaiva syat shanmasa> dakshinayanam" i.e. "The six months of Uttarayana start with the ingress> of the sun into Makara Rashi and the six months of Dakshinayana start> with its ingress into Karkata rashi" but when it comes to its> calculation, there is a difference of about 24 days/degrees between the> actual Uttarayana-cum- Makar Sankranti and the Surya Sidhanta calculated> Makar Sankranti as on date!"> > ....> > ...> >> > "7. Mesha, Vrisha etc. rashis, therefore, are a direct import from> Babylonia via the Greeks and all the sidhantas, right from the Surya> Sidhanta of Maya the mlechha to the last sidhanta of Bhaskara-II viz.> the Sidhanta Shiromani have invariably talked about Makara Sankranti> being another name of Uttarayana and Karkata Sankranti being another> name of Dakshinayana and so on. As I have gone through almost all the> sidhantas, I can assure you that none of the sidhanta-kars had any idea> about the phenomenon of precession!> > " However, all the Puranas like Bhagavata, Shiva, Linga, Devi etc.> etc. also talk of the same phenomena as the sidhantas i.e. "Makar> Sankranti is another name of Uttarayana and Karkata Sankranti another> name of Dakshinayana" and so on. (Pl. see 1999b.doc). As such, the> Pauranic rahis are an after thought and a development of> post-Surya-Sidhanta era! ......"> > *** **** ***** ***** ****> > And the most important point that appears to be the nightmare of the> "Vedic astrologers" is (from the same post):> >> > "Thus if we really want to streamline our calendars in accordance with> the Vedas and Puranas, the earlier we come out of the stupor of Mesha,> Vrisha etc. rashsis the better! If at all it is a necessary evil to have> rashis included in the calendar, the only alternative is that we have to> include the so called sayana Rashis, since they are the ones found in> the Puranas and sidhantas (and not in the Vedas or the VJ etc.) but we> have to simultaneously de-link Ashvini, Bharni etc. nakshatras from the> same.> >> > That is the only and only way to streamline the Hindu calendar as per> the Vedas and the Vedanga Jyotisha and even Puranas."> > ** **** *** ***> > Then again, on perusal of post No.8374 and the "list of correct dates> of festivals in 2009-10" in the files section, things will be all the> more clear that Mesha, Vrisha etc. rashis, being actually non-existent> divisions, are imaginary and are being clubbed with Uttarayana etc. only> as a substitute of the baseless and useless nirayana mess! It is only to> "choose the lesser of two evils"---since if some states take Meshadi as> the start of the new solar year, they have to be informed that it must> be a so called sayana Meshadi since Vishuva (Vernal Equinox) and not> Meshadi is the real start of new solar year, and so on.> > Hope these "Vedic astrologers" will not make a laughing stock of> themselves any more by creating nirayana versus sayana controversies and> so on.> > I also pray to God that He save the Hindus from the clutches of "Vedic> astrologers" ---whetehr sayana Vedic or nirayana Vedic so that we can> streamline our calendars in accordance with the scriputres and not as> per the whims of Lahiri-walas and Ramana-walas and Chandra-Hariwalas and> so on.> > With regards,> > A K Kaul> >> > IndiaArchaeology, Sunil Bhattacharjya> <sunil_bhattacharjy a wrote:> > >> > > Thank you Iyengarji,> > >> > > So you agree that Makar Sankranti could not have been linked to> Uttarayana in the ancient past as Makara Sankramana itself was not> mentioned in the literature of the ancient past. So why should Avtarji> and others insist that Makar Sankranti should be observed on the> Uttarayana day. Let these festivals such as the Makar Sankranti and the> Tula Sankranti be observed as usual when the Sun enters the Nirayana> Makar rashi and Nirayana Tula rashi. This should not be taken an excuse> to derail the making of the authentic Hindu Calendar.> > >> > > Regards,> > >> > > Sunil K. Bhattacharjya> > >> > >> > >> > > --- On Wed, 3/4/09, aareni aareni@ wrote:> > >> > > aareni aareni@> > > [ind-Arch] Fwd: Re: Achievements of our Vedic-Hindu sage> scientists> > > IndiaArchaeology> > > Wednesday, March 4, 2009, 4:55 PM> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > > This is a leading question of Lawyers who are supposed to ask "when> did you stop beating your wife?". Firstly where in the whole of> canonical Vedic literature (Samhita, Brahmana, Aranyaka, Vedanga) Makara> Sakramana is mentioned??! !!> > >> > > RNI> > >> > > IndiaArchaeology, "sunil_bhattacharjy a"> <sunil_bhattacharjy a wrote:> > > >> > > > Dear Avtarji,> > > >> > > > May I request both you and Dr. Iyengar to please let us know, by> > > > giving the actual reference only, as to where is it said in the> Vedic> > > > literature that the Uttarayana must always coincide with the Makar> > > > Sankramana just because there was such a coincidence at one time.> > > >> > > > Regards,> > > >> > > > Sunil K. Bhattacharjya> > > >> > > > IndiaArchaeology, "jyotirved"> <jyotirved@>> > > > wrote:> > > > >> > > > > Dr. R. N. Iyengarji,> > > > >> > > > > Namaskar!> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > It was really an excellent and to the point post about the> pathetic> > > > state of> > > > > affairs regarding all our festivals--- fasts and muhurtas> especially the> > > > > comments, "Kaul is 100% correct on this point. I have also> pointed> > > > out this> > > > > in my other posts. The fact that Vedic Uttarayana was equated> with> > > > Makara> > > > > Sankranti and then the method of fixing Makara sankranti got> muddled> > > > up is> > > > > no higher mathematics or Theory of Relativity. Evidences are> there> > > > for every> > > > > Hindu to see.>> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > I had been waiting with a bated breath for comments from the> learned> > > > members> > > > > of this and other forums to which I had forwarded your post> > > > regarding the> > > > > wrong method of fixing Makara Sankranti and other Sankrantis. I> was> > > > under> > > > > the impression that maybe people have become accustomed to my> > > > "hollering"> > > > > that we are celebrating all our festivals on wrong days and have> stopped> > > > > taking my statements seriously, but they will certainly respond> to> > > > the post> > > > > of a scientist and Vedic scholar of your standing. But I am> really> > > > > disappointed on such a deafening silence from everybody even to> your> > > > post!> > > > > Such a silence is certainly not a healthy indication of a real> cultural> > > > > interaction!> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > <High time the so called Dharmacharya Sabha discusses this> openly and> > > > > adjudicate whether taking bath in Ganga and doing TarpaNam on a> day> > > > other> > > > > than the correct Udagayana is Dharmic or not. They should also> > > > interpret the> > > > > modern Dharma Shastra books which talk of TarpaNam at the four> > > > sankrantis> > > > > (Mesha, Tula, Karka, Makara) correctly as per the ancient Vedic> > > > texts. The> > > > > above four sankramanas are the four corners >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > I had sent letters by registered post together with my> panchangas> > > > quite a> > > > > few years back to all the six Shankaracharyas, besides quite a> few other> > > > > dharmacharyas, explaining to them the sorry state of affairs of> our> > > > > festivals and muhurtas in detail. (Pl. see Shankara.doc in files> > > > section). I> > > > > did not get any response from any dharmacharya in spite of my> several> > > > > reminders.> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > As I had sent copies of my such letters to all the leading> > > > panchangamakers> > > > > in the country, including Janmabhoomi (Gujarati) in Mumbai, a> > > > gentleman in> > > > > the HinduCalendar forum pointed out to me the "adjudication" by> > > > Jagadguru> > > > > Shankaracharya of Kanchikamakoti Peetha that is being> > > > printed/published in> > > > > Janmabhoomi Panchanga every year. I am forwarding a copy of that> > > > > translation from HinduCalendar forum to this forum for perusal> of> > > > all the> > > > > members.> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > It will be evident from that post that the Swamigal had put the> ball> > > > in the> > > > > court (lap!?) of nirayana astrologers for "adjudication" instead> of> > > > doing> > > > > some serious thinking on an issue of such importance himself,> and no> > > > wonder> > > > > that the nirayana astrologers have advised the Acharya that we> must> > > > continue> > > > > to follow Lahiri Ayanamsha for horoscopy as well as festivals> and> > > > muhurtas!> > > > > It is just like late N C Lahiri, as Secretary of Saha Calendar> Reform> > > > > Committee, asking Hindu astrologers their views about the> > > > Rashichakra that> > > > > must be followed for festivals and muhurtas and no wonder almost> all the> > > > > jyotishis had, in unison, opined that it must be "Chitrapaksha"> .> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > <I would be greatly satisfied if some one from the Dharmacharya> > > > Sabha headed> > > > > by Sri Swami Dayananda Sarasvati (whom I hold in great regard)> > > > refutes me> > > > > and convinces me that the present Makara Sankranti of January> 14th> > > > is the> > > > > real Vedic Udagayana, same as the one that Krishna mentions in> the> > > > > Bhagavadgita. >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > It has been my sad experience over the last about fifteen years> that> > > > neither> > > > > any dharmacharya nor any "Vamadeva" nor any "Parashara" etc.> etc.> > > > responds> > > > > to any inconvenient questions, correct answers to which may put> them at> > > > > loggerheads with their followers/shishyas, ninety-nine per cent> of> > > > whom are> > > > > "Vedic astrologers" i.e. Lahiri Makar-Sankranti- walas! These> > > > dharmacharyas> > > > > and "Parasharas" and "Vamadevas" etc. etc. are also in a> Catch-22> > > > situation:> > > > > If they take a correct stand now and advise their shishyas and> > > > followers to> > > > > follow correct dates for festivals and muhurtas in future, it> may affect> > > > > their own standing adversely, since maybe they are afraid of> being> > > > > questioned as to why they had been advocating a wrong gamut of> > > > calendars and> > > > > even horoscopy till date! The dilemma of dharmacharyas will be> > > > evident from> > > > > a separate mail titled "I do not want to lose my pontiff's> seat".> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > These "Vamadevas" and "Parasharas" and maybe even dharmacharyas,> on the> > > > > other hand, set their shishyas and followers on the job of> > > > rabble-rousing,> > > > > and instead of refuting any of the points raised by me, these> > > > shishyas and> > > > > followers go on abusing me left and right by calling me a Muslim> > > > convert or> > > > > a Xtian being funded by Missionaries and so on with the pious> hope> > > > that I> > > > > will just give up in exasperation!> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > However, those shishyas and followers, including their mentors> and> > > > acharyas,> > > > > are entirely mistaken in the assessment of the outcome of a> dharmayudha!> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > Regarding Bhagvadgita, Bhagwan Krishna has said in the same Gita> that a> > > > > person with tamoguni budhi sees dharma as adharma and adharma as> dharma!> > > > > And since the dharmacharyas and even some "Parasharas" and> > > > "Vamadevas" etc.> > > > > also are supposed to have read at least the Gita, if no other> > > > shastra, they> > > > > are thus proving themselves to have been enveloped by tamoguni> budhi> > > > as they> > > > > are seeing wrong dates of festivals as correct ones and> vice-versa!> > > > They> > > > > are also too cowardly to either admit it openly or to prove the> > > > other party> > > > > wrong!> > > > >> > > > > It is evident from the fact that a "his holiness of art of one> thing> > > > or the> > > > > other" had put his stamp of approval on the date of birth of> Bhagwan> > > > Ram as> > > > > January 14, 5114 BCE, at about noon, not because "his holiness"> had> > > > > visualized that date of Bhagwan Ram through his tapasya, but> maybe only> > > > > because the date of January 14, 5114 BCE, had been fixed by some> > > > Income Tax> > > > > Commissioner! After all, one cannot be on the wrong side of the> > > > powers that> > > > > be, in spite of that "one" being a "his holiness of the art of> > > > something or> > > > > the other".> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > It is only because of such sad experiences with dharmacharyas> and> > > > "top notch> > > > > Vedic astrologers" and even the Govt. of India etc. etc. that I> am> > > > keeping> > > > > all these facts and figures before a common man so that he sees> for> > > > himself> > > > > as to how he is being taken for a ride in the name of "Vedic> > > > astrology" by> > > > > dharmacharyas as well as jyotishaharyas and even the Rashtriya> > > > Panchanga.> > > > > The general public must now stand up in revolt of such> atrocities so> > > > that we> > > > > stop celebrating all our festivals and muhurtas on wrong days> > > > because of the> > > > > wrong advice and "adjudication" of these very acharyas and> > > > "Vamadevas" etc.> > > > > etc. whom we are treating as our friends, philosophers and> guides.> > > > >> > > > > And that is why I keep on repeating, "we do not need enemies to> ruin our> > > > > dharma if we have 'friendly Vedic astrologers' together with> > > > dharmacharyas> > > > > around to do that job by making us celebrate Uttarayana on> January> > > > 14 and> > > > > Pitra-amavasya on the day of actual Dipavali and so on.> > > > >> > > > > It is again a Clarion call to all the Hindu members of the> society> > > > to wake> > > > > up, wake up and wake up!> > > > >> > > > > With kind personal regards,> > > > >> > > > > A K Kaul> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > hinducivilization, "aareni" <aareni@>> wrote:> > > > >> > > > > >Kaul is 100% correct on this point. I have also pointed out> this in> > > > >> > > > > > my other posts. The fact that Vedic Uttarayana was equated> with> > > > >> > > > > > Makara Sankranti and then the method of fixing Makara> sankranti got> > > > >> > > > > > muddled up is no higher mathematics or Theory of Relativity.> > > > >> > > > > > Evidences are there for every Hindu to see. I had heard that> Sangha> > > > >> > > > > > Parivar had decided to observe Sankranti on 22 December. I> don't know> > > > >> > > > > > whether this info is correct or not. If yes, then GREAT> otherwise> > > > >> > > > > > well phu! phu!> > > > >> > > > > > High time the so called Dharmacharya Sabha discusses this> openly and> > > > >> > > > > > adjudicate whether taking bath in Ganga and doing TarpaNam on> a day> > > > >> > > > > > other than the correct Udagayana is Dharmic or not. They> should also> > > > >> > > > > > interpret the modern Dharma Shastra books which talk of> TarpaNam at> > > > >> > > > > > the four sankrantis (Mesha, Tula, Karka, Makara) correctly as> per the> > > > >> > > > > > ancient Vedic texts. The above four sankramanas are the four> corners> > > > >> > > > > > of Hindu religious observances of all castes and sects. Many> > > > >> > > > > > festivals have also originated based on their positions.> Observing> > > > >> > > > > > Uttarayana on the wrong day (I am not talking of the time) is> as> > > > >> > > > > > wrong as observing Amaavaasya on Chaturthi! Of course no one> does> > > > >> > > > > > this mistake, simply because it is easy to see whether moon is> > > > >> > > > > > visible or not (at least approximately) . Uttarayana was also> fixed by> > > > >> > > > > > observations in the Vedic past [see the Mahavrata, Pravargya> and the> > > > >> > > > > > 21 day rituals] and NOT BY CONSULTING AN ASTROLOGER'S WRONG> PANCANGA.> > > > >> > > > > > I would be greatly satisfied if some one from the Dharmacharya> Sabha> > > > >> > > > > > headed by Sri SWami Dayananda Sarasvati (whom I hold in great> regard)> > > > >> > > > > > refutes me and convinces me that the present Makara Sankranti> of> > > > >> > > > > > January 14th is the real Vedic Udagayana, same as the one that> > > > >> > > > > > Krishna mentions in the Bhagavadgita.> > > > >> > > > > >> > > > >> > > > > > RN Iyengar> > > > >> > > > > >> > > > >> > > > > > hinducivilization, "Avtar Krishen> Kaul"> > > > >> > > > > > <jyotirved@> wrote:> > > > >> > > > > > >>> > > > >> > > > > > > Just one example will suffice:> > > > >> > > > > > > Pongal--cum- Makar-Sankranti is supposed to be a seasonal> festival.> > > > >> > > > > > > But if Pongal is clubbed with Lahiri Makar Sankrnati, as is> being> > > > >> > > > > > > done by "Vedic astrologers" , it means it has been going on> > > > >> > > > > > advancing> > > > >> > > > > > > by one day every 72 years. Thus it must have coincided with> > > > >> > > > > > > Uttarayana viz. the Winter Solstice in 285 AD---the zero> year of> > > > >> > > > > > > Lahiriwalas!> > > > >> > > > > > > Prior to that, say in about 1400 BCE, the period of the> Vedanga> > > > >> > > > > > > Jyotisha, Lahiri-Pongal- cum-Lahiri- Makar-Sankranti was> about twenty-> > > > >> > > > > > > four days (at the rate of one day for every seventy-two> years for> > > > >> > > > > > > 1400+285=1685 years) before Uttarayana i.e. around the> beginning of> > > > >> > > > > > > November in 1400 BCE as per the Julian calendar, if there> could be> > > > >> > > > > > > any such calendar then!> > > > >> > > > > > > It means that Pongal would have been then exactly 24 days> prior to> > > > >> > > > > > > the real Uttarayana as it is ahead these days! What type of> a> > > > >> > > > > > > seasonal festival is it then?> > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > >> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

Dear Sunil Nairji,You are right. It is now becoming very clear that he is employed by some group(s) to tarnish the reputation of Indian Jyotish.RegardsSunil K.Bhattacharjya