IndiaDivine.org

RE: FW: VEDIC JYOTISH - ACCURACY P ART

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Sreenadh-ji,

'Difficult to say.

I would like to believe that this is an interpolation.

Interpolations have been done before and will be done in future too.

Sometimes it is done with 'good intentions' - to 'Correct' a seemingly

'inaccuarte' data. Sometimes, other way around - to fit with the prevailing

theories.

If I have to cross-check, I would rather go with Astrodienst (my personal

liking). Okay, I will check this data and post the finding. Otherwise,

ephimeris etc. is beyond ken.

regards

Chakraborty

Sreenadh [sreesog]Friday, March 13, 2009 8:50 PM Subject: Re: FW: VEDIC JYOTISH - ACCURACY PART

Dear Chakraborty ji, Hmm... JHora 7.32.... If so I would have to say again that "March 14, -156 Gregorian; 22.00 Hours; Ayodhya, India" gives Tropical chart of Rama given in Ramayana accurately. Yes, must be an interpolation - but as per JHora 7.32 this remains true, and this is the ONLY combination from BC 5400 to AD 5400 I can find that satisfies this combination. :) A unique info, but I am afraid of controversies and without touching the divinity, can accept that this chart must be an interpolation to the to the text Ramayana done during BC 156 or so. But does this derivation hold good as per Swiss ephemeris - I doubt. Chakraborty ji what is your take?Love and regards,Sreenadh , "Chakraborty, PL" <CHAKRABORTYP2 wrote:>> Hello Seniors,> > Probably I was in haste.> > I am forwarding the mail form Hank Friedman.> > He mentions that J-Hora 7.32 is accurate. I will go by> that.> > > regards> > P L Chakraborty > > Hank Friedman [stars]> Friday, March 13, 2009 3:57 AM> Chakraborty, PL> Re: VEDIC JYOTISH - ACCURACY PART> > > Dear PL,> > Good News, the latest version of J Hora 7.32 accurately calculates charts> for those dates.> > I just checked for you.> > Just be sure to check the checkbox that says "Use LMT"> > many blessings to you,> > Hank Friedman> > Chakraborty, PL wrote: > > > Dear Sir, > > I am a novice in astrology and following Vedic or Hindu astrology (Jyotish).> > > I do have a software programme installed. It is J-Hora, two different> versions (7.0 & 7.02) in my computers. > However, recently I felt that when using old dates (say, April 1840) the> ascendant degree is different than > what I get using AstroDataBank. > > I would be grateful I you could please indicate a suitable astrology> (Jyotish) software which will be Accuarte. > > I don't need much features or printout facility. What I need is - Accuracy> of ascendant, degree of planets along > with their names in English (I find it difficult to remember the symbols)> and some storage facility. If Vimshottari > Dasha system is available, then it is better. And good amount of> logitudes/latitude data (the Atlas part) > > And yes, I should have the flexibility to use different Ayanamsha values.> Obviously, the system should be able > to save the inputs / natal charts made. > > Regards > > P L Chakraborty > > This Message was sent from Indian Oil Messaging Gateway, New Delhi, India.> The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to> this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may> contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not> the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this> e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this> message and any attachments. > > > > > > > __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature> database 3931 (20090312) __________> > The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.> > http://www.eset.com <http://www.eset.com> > > > This Message was sent from Indian Oil Messaging Gateway, New Delhi, India. The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.>This Message was sent from Indian Oil Messaging Gateway, New Delhi, India. The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.

Guest guest

Dear Sreenadh-ji,

Thanks you Sir, you have cross-checked it.

Yes, the accuracy level for J Hora is high. However, J Hora seeminly

does not have the DST data to to take care of local time variations.

If there were some DST / wartime correction for a brief period, J Hora

may not know it.

Astrodienst does have the flexibility to use Lahiri Ayanamsha and few other

facilities needed for calculating as per our requirement.

regards

Chakraborty

Sreenadh [sreesog]Friday, March 13, 2009 9:36 PM Subject: Re: FW: VEDIC JYOTISH - ACCURACY PART

Dear Chakraborty ji, Your comments about the accuracy of JHora 7.32 and Astrodienst (provided by http://www.astro.com) attracted my attention. Yes, I know and agree with Rohini Ranjan ji when he states that Astrodienst (URL: http://www.astro.com/horoscopes/ahor.asp) provides very accurate Tropical Horoscopes based on Swiss ephemeris. It is also true that the earlier versions of JHora was not accurate in providing planetary longitudes for ancient dates. Let us compare the accuracy of JHora 7.32 vs Astrodienst for the date March 14, -156 Gregorian; 22.00 Hours; Ayodhya, India. 82E12, 26N48. Here goes the comparison - Jhora 7.32 AstrodienstLagna : 15 Sc 28 ScorpioSun: 23 Pi 57 23 Pi 58Moon: 01 Cn 24 01 Cn 34Mars: 28 Cp 04 28 Cp 04Mercury: 08 Pi 00 08 Pi 00Jupitor: 03 Cn 04 03 Cn 04Venus: 01 Ta 52 01 Ta 43Saturn: 10 Aq 38 10 Aq 37 I think the accuracy is acceptable, even though there could be minor difference even now.Note: By the way, both JHora 7.32 and Astrodienst (based on Swiss Ephemeris) agree about the above horoscope for that date.Love and regards,Sreenadh , "Sreenadh" <sreesog wrote:Dear Chakraborty ji, Hmm... JHora 7.32.... If so I would have to say again that "March 14, -156 Gregorian; 22.00 Hours; Ayodhya, India" gives Tropical chart of Rama given in Ramayana accurately. Yes, must be an interpolation - but as per JHora 7.32 this remains true, and this is the ONLY combination from BC 5400 to AD 5400 I can find that satisfies this combination. :) A unique info, but I am afraid of controversies and without touching the divinity, can accept that this chart must be an interpolation to the to the text Ramayana done during BC 156 or so. But does this derivation hold good as per Swiss ephemeris - I doubt. Chakraborty ji what is your take?Love and regards,Sreenadh> , "Chakraborty, PL"> CHAKRABORTYP2@ wrote:> >> > Hello Seniors,> >> > Probably I was in haste.> >> > I am forwarding the mail form Hank Friedman.> >> > He mentions that J-Hora 7.32 is accurate. I will go by> > that.> >> >> > regards> >> > P L Chakraborty> > > > Hank Friedman [stars@]> > Friday, March 13, 2009 3:57 AM> > Chakraborty, PL> > Re: VEDIC JYOTISH - ACCURACY PART> >> >> > Dear PL,> >> > Good News, the latest version of J Hora 7.32 accurately calculates> charts> > for those dates.> >> > I just checked for you.> >> > Just be sure to check the checkbox that says "Use LMT"> >> > many blessings to you,> >> > Hank Friedman> >> > Chakraborty, PL wrote:> >> >> > Dear Sir,> >> > I am a novice in astrology and following Vedic or Hindu astrology> (Jyotish).> >> >> > I do have a software programme installed. It is J-Hora, two different> > versions (7.0 & 7.02) in my computers.> > However, recently I felt that when using old dates (say, April 1840) > the> > ascendant degree is different than> > what I get using AstroDataBank.> >> > I would be grateful I you could please indicate a suitable astrology> > (Jyotish) software which will be Accuarte.> >> > I don't need much features or printout facility. What I need is -> Accuracy> > of ascendant, degree of planets along> > with their names in English (I find it difficult to remember the> symbols)> > and some storage facility. If Vimshottari> > Dasha system is available, then it is better. And good amount of> > logitudes/latitude data (the Atlas part)> >> > And yes, I should have the flexibility to use different Ayanamsha> values.> > Obviously, the system should be able> > to save the inputs / natal charts made.> >> > Regards> >> > P L Chakraborty> >> > This Message was sent from Indian Oil Messaging Gateway, New Delhi,> India.> > The information contained in this electronic message and any> attachments to> > this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s)> and may> > contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you> are not> > the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy> this> > e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of> this> > message and any attachments.> >> >> >> >> >> >> > __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus> signature> > database 3931 (20090312) __________> >> > The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.> >> > http://www.eset.com <http://www.eset.com>> >> >> > This Message was sent from Indian Oil Messaging Gateway, New Delhi,> India. The information contained in this electronic message and any> attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the> addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged> information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not> disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender> immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.> >>This Message was sent from Indian Oil Messaging Gateway, New Delhi, India. The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.