IndiaDivine.org

RE: vedic astrology - interpretat ion by West.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Sreenadh-ji,

After I became a member in AIA forum, I have learnt these things.

Before that, I was searching for some validation for my innate

belief that Jyotisha is of Indian Origin.

However, my knowledge level is still nascent to start a discussion

on the subject with Astro.com or any other groups.

Could you please also take up the other point .......

"Hindu astrology however sticks to a zodiac of 2000 years back in time"

Regards

Chakraborty

Sreenadh [sreesog]Monday, March 16, 2009 1:09 PM Subject: Re: vedic astrology - interpretation by West.

Dear Chakraborty ji, Yes, we can intimate/comment about the same in Astro.com. Even Maxmullar had agreed on the fact that till date everyone is unable to find a Lunar Zodiac (Nakshatra Chakra, Stellar Zodiac) in any Babylonian records. Lunar Zodiac is totally indian and NO OTHER ANCIENT COUNTRY has any every evidence of that much ancient use of Lunar Zodiac as evident from Vedas itself. This ancient a Lunar Zodiac is unheard of in any part of the world, except its borrowing by the Arabic people later from India. The Babylonian and Egyptian Stellar mansions were Solar in nature and not Lunar; but for us Nakshatra chakra is Lunar in nature and NOT Solar. Similarly coming to the Solar Fixed Zodiac (Nirayana Rasi Chakra) except the Greek scholar Hipparchus (who might have borrowed the same from india, similar to the use of polar longitudes) no other Greek, Babylonian, Egyptian or any other records give any proof about the use of a Solar Fixed Zodiac (Nirayana Rasi Chakra). This also points to the fact that Nirayana Rasi Chakra (Sidereal Sign Wheel) is also of Indian origin (of Agama/Tantric/Non-vedic origin) and not borrowed from anywhere. It is just that some Kaulian people who argue without study and base may be present there as well. :)Love and regards, If the Greek philosophy is not in tune with and does not support astrological principles; if all the Greeks discarded the application of Sidereal astrology and polar zodiac thought to them by Hipparchus and ditched him, do you think that Nirayana astrology can be of Greek origin? :) Hipparchus must have learned that system from india! It is Indian philosophy, indian use of polar longitudes that is in tune with Nirayana astrology. As Sanjay Rath Puts it (in his new book Brihat Nakshatra - which is a good book; I appreciate his efforts presented in this book), if the basic Dharma-Artha-Kama-Moksha division of Signs originates from Nakshatra Padas how can the origin of Signs be non-indian?! Dharma-Artha-Kama-Moksha is an Indian concept, Nakshatra Pada division is an indian concept; if so how can a sign division that depends on these two can be of non-indian origin?!! Naksahtra pada connection with Dharma-Artha-Kama-Moksha division of Signs is explained below - Every nakshatra has got 4 padas - Dharama-Artha-Kama-Moksha; i.e. the first pada is dharma pada, the second Artha pada and so on. The Aries sign has got 9 padas in total - 3 Dharma padas, and 2 Artha-Kama-Moksha padas each. This is the very reason for considering Aries (Mesha Rasi) as Dharma Rasi. The same is true while considering Vrishabha (Taurus) as Artha Rasi, Gemini as Kama Rasi etc as well. Thus the point is, the fundamental Rasi divisions itself is related to Nakshatra padas; It is well proven that the Nakshatras and Nakshatra padas (Nakshatra Chakra; Lunar Zodiac) is of Indian origin only. If so how can the Rasi Chakra (Sidereal Solar Zodiac) can be of non-indian origin?! It is impossible!Love and regards,Sreenadh , "Chakraborty, PL" <CHAKRABORTYP2 wrote:>> Dear Sreenadh-ji and other senior members,> > While perusing through the Astrodienst FAQ, I came across the > following comments which I am attaching below. > > > Source : http://www.astro.com/faq/fq_gen_vedic_e.htm> <http://www.astro.com/faq/fq_gen_vedic_e.htm> > > Comment : " > > BM_22. Why do I have a different sun sign in Indian astrology?> The systems of astrology as practised in India and in the West are > quite different. This accounts probably for this difference.> Hindu astrology uses a fixed star based zodiac which was taken over > from the Greeks in the Hellenistic times, when Hindu astrology > had its main formative period. Since then, the spring equinoctial point> has moved by nearly a sign, and western astrology, which uses the > tropical coordinate system of modern astronomy, has shifted its > sun-signs accordingly (see also:> <http://www.astro.com/astrology/in_praezession_e.htm> Precession and> Zodiac). Hindu astrology > however sticks to a zodiac of 2000 years back in time. It has developed > different traditions of knowledge, also in many other respects."> > (the emphasis and underlines were added).> > As the above forum (Astro.com) has a very strong presence, any remark in > that forum have strong effect in people's mind. Could we do something about> this ?> > I have noticed that the Owner (Alois Trendl) does rectify / change things> when> pointed out in a cogent manner - with supporting evidence.> > regards> > > ChakrabortyThis Message was sent from Indian Oil Messaging Gateway, New Delhi, India. The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.