IndiaDivine.org

Suryasiddhanta - PragJyotishpura - Mayasura

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Sunil Bhattacharjya ji, Here is another intersting bit of information about PragJyotishpura (Guwahati)Love and regards,Sreenadh===========================

[Assam] It is PragJyotishpur/Kamrup where rice was first supposed to

have had been domesticated to be exact.

Rice roots lie in east

India

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1060608/asp/nation/story_6324661.asp?headline=Rice~roots~lie~in~east~India

G.S. MUDUR

New Delhi, June 7: Eastern India is part of a swath of territory south of the Himalayas where prehistoric people first cultivated rice, scientists reported on

Monday.

Their findings, published in the US journal Proceedings of the National Academy of

Sciences, contradict the widely held view that the rice varieties

cultivated today originated from wild rice first domesticated in southern China.

The two major rice varieties

grown worldwide today — Oryza sativa indica and Oryza sativa japonica

— owe their origins to two independent events of domestication thousands of

years ago, American and Taiwanese researchers said.

In a bid to trace the ancestral

roots of rice — a cereal eaten by more than half of the world's population —

plant geneticist Barbara Schaal at Washington University and her colleagues

analysed the genetic make-up of wild and cultivated rice varieties.

Their studies show that the

indica variety was domesticated south of the Himalayas within a region spanning eastern India, Myanmar and Thailand, while the japonica variety was domesticated from

wild rice in southern China.

"We now have strong evidence

for multiple sites of domestication of rice," Schaal told The Telegraph

over the telephone.

The new studies also suggest that

an additional — third — domestication event might have occurred in India, giving rise to a minor variety of rice called

"aus" — a drought-tolerant strain cultivated in India and Bangladesh.

As ancient people moved across

the continents, they carried rice with them. Rice is now cultivated in every

continent except Antarctica.

While there is consensus that

rice had its roots in Asia, whether it was domesticated in southern China alone or at multiple locations has been under debate.

The Washington University team is planning studies aimed at narrowing the site

of rice domestication within the two broad geographical regions they have

identified.

===========================

Guest guest

Dear Sunil Bhattacharjya ji and Chakraborty ji, Here is an interesting and light hearted conversation from: http://assamnet.org/posts/index.php?t=msg & goto=4466 & rid=0 & S=494e8c4c91e590e01d2bfaccebfe7187 Hope you will enjoy it. Love and regards,Sreenadh===========================

DR

BIKASH KUMAR DAS

Friends,

Mahabharat is the biggest epic.The truth lies as true

only.Its about of 4000-5000 BC old. Kalika Puran, Vishnu puran,Madbhagawat all

relfected then Kamrup or Pragjyotishpur as holy place.All the Gods was very

much existing amidst KIRATs and ASUR's ruling then Kamrupa.Present Indian

politics after 1826 barred all.With my hard study I found why we cant claim

Gujarat as part of Kamrup or Pragjyotishpur, if Gujarat says they are only

hindu state?

Lord Vishnu's pig carnation son Narakasur was adopted

by King Janak.Narakasur was

then king od Kamrupa to make Pragjyotishpur as

capital.he is supposed to be the first Eingineer of Assam or India to built

present Guwahati,to bring brahmins to Kamakhya temple,being Asur- a great

folower of Vishnu. To marry Kamakhya he built a road, temple and water tank on

the top of Nilachal hills within a night.Stil teh Goddess betrayed him by false

alarm of a cock, whom he ultimately killed also.(Kukurakata).Narakasur

prevented Vasishtha muni to go for worship to Kamakhya temple.His curse was

reduced by Lord Shiva by 300 yrs.When Narakasur stopped praying and pleasing

then Gods, and make god friendship with Sonitpur king Ban, the Srikrishna came

for a battle al the way from Gujarat(Dwaraka).Finally Narakasur was kiled

amidst the blessings of Shiva.meanwhile Srikrishna took 16,000 girls, 14000

elephants, horses alongwith him to Dwaraka.By then Bhagadatta- the eldest

son of Narakasur was made king of Pragjyotishpur, who fought against the

Pundabas

with his huge elephant and one akhouhini soldiers.Then

also Bhismak raja's beautiful daughter Rukmini was kidnapped by Srikrishna from

SAdiya(Kundilnagar).Srikrishna's grandson Aniruddha to came all the way to

marry Ban's daughter Usha from Sonitpur.Again Srikrishna had to come al the way

to release Aniruddha with a heavy battle and go away.

This historic or epic live incidents only reveals we

remained for ever invasion of others.Mainamati( Lachit Borphukans

nephew)Â was taken as dowry by Aurangzeb to Delhi.

Still Mainamati marg exist in Delhi.

With al these things of statistical data, why we cant

think that since 4000--5000BC and till today whats the population of Assamese

in Gujarat? Please calculate 16,000 girls into ??? and what about

rest?? What about Mainamati's next generation???? if al say they are hindu

kingdoms or Srikrishna bhakta's- we people from Assam/Kamrupa very well claim Gujarat and

Delhi.Origin of Gujarat is Assam only being.Next Delhi.I am unaware of Aniruddha's

kids..... Anyone has more clue please?? Wonderful!!!

Dr.Bikash Kumar Das

Founder Director

Rhino Jungle Adventures

Karnataka, North East India.

Dear Das:

Thanks for your posting with your historical

investigations on Assam's pre

history. However your anaysis has a flaw, and you need

to explore more to

starighten the falw or solve the mystery. The mystery

or the unsolved puzzle

is this:

According to the legend, Narakaxur was adopted son of

king Janaka. That

is well and good. That also mean that he was

comtemporray to Rama and Sita

(adopted daughter of king Janaka). Mind it, these all

happened in Treta Jug

(Ramayana).

Now come the story, according to the same legend, that

the same Narakasur

was killed by Sri Krisna and that his son Bhogodotto,

joined the Kurkhtro

war on the side of the Kaurabos. Now all these happend

in the Dwapor jug

(Mahabharota)- about 3000 years after Treta jug

(Ramayano).

The question or the mystery is how it was possible for

Narakaxur to live

for 3000 years, from the age of Ramayana to the age of

Mahabharoto?

Do you have any answer to this puzzle in pre historic Assam?

Rajen Barua

DR

BIKASH KUMAR DAS

Dangoriya,

Namaskar.Thanks lot.Since I did studied both the epic

in my childhood, later I found people of north India placing more importance on

Ramayana.The Mahabharat part was fully ignored or kept aside.Mahabharat got the

right politics that still exists in pesent India.The war and the bravery are

live.Mahabharat incidents are having significant left over till day with

Narakaxur,Ban ,Kundilnagar stories.The Ghatotkach of Dimapur- Kacharis-Koch

etc.

But Ramayana got nothing as evidences.If you travel all

around India from the Himalays till Kanyakumari- the Mahabharat ruins are very

well existing.I found them all and the bravery mostly attracted me.MIght be I

am a Saikia of the koch king Chilarai's Senapati decendants- the warm blood

pulls me more.To be frank.SAdly my father started writing DAS- and so become

one SC like man now.

I have no argument with Ramayana and Mahabharat, but I

have more importance of Mahabharat than Ramayana.I have written with hard

memory from my historic informations that still I do collect for myself to tell

to the people- the way to say more about my North East India- How strong we was

once.

With sincere regards.,

Â

Bikash

=========================== , "Sreenadh" <sreesog wrote:>> Dear Sunil Bhattacharjya ji,> Here is another intersting bit of information about PragJyotishpura> (Guwahati)> Love and regards,> Sreenadh> ===========================> [Assam] It is PragJyotishpur/Kamrup where rice was first supposed to> have had been domesticated to be exact.> Rice roots lie in east India> > http://www.telegraphindia.com/1060608/asp/nation/story_6324661.asp?headl\> ine=Rice~roots~lie~in~east~India> <http://www.telegraphindia.com/1060608/asp/nation/story_6324661.asp?head\> line=Rice%7Eroots%7Elie%7Ein%7Eeast%7EIndia>> > G.S. MUDUR> > New Delhi, June 7: Eastern India is part of a swath of territory south> of the Himalayas where prehistoric people first cultivated rice,> scientists reported on Monday.> > Their findings, published in the US journal Proceedings of the National> Academy of Sciences, contradict the widely held view that the rice> varieties cultivated today originated from wild rice first domesticated> in southern China.> > The two major rice varieties grown worldwide today — Oryza sativa> indica and Oryza sativa japonica — owe their origins to two> independent events of domestication thousands of years ago, American and> Taiwanese researchers said.> > In a bid to trace the ancestral roots of rice — a cereal eaten by> more than half of the world's population — plant geneticist Barbara> Schaal at Washington University and her colleagues analysed the genetic> make-up of wild and cultivated rice varieties.> > Their studies show that the indica variety was domesticated south of the> Himalayas within a region spanning eastern India, Myanmar and Thailand,> while the japonica variety was domesticated from wild rice in southern> China.> > "We now have strong evidence for multiple sites of domestication of> rice," Schaal told The Telegraph over the telephone.> > The new studies also suggest that an additional — third —> domestication event might have occurred in India, giving rise to a minor> variety of rice called "aus" — a drought-tolerant strain cultivated> in India and Bangladesh.> > As ancient people moved across the continents, they carried rice with> them. Rice is now cultivated in every continent except Antarctica.> > While there is consensus that rice had its roots in Asia, whether it was> domesticated in southern China alone or at multiple locations has been> under debate.> > The Washington University team is planning studies aimed at narrowing> the site of rice domestication within the two broad geographical regions> they have identified.> > ===========================>

Guest guest

Dear all,

Lord Vishnu's pig carnation son Narakasur

Then also Bhismak raja's beautiful daughter Rukmini was kidnapped by Srikrishna from SAdiya(Kundilnagar).Srikrishna's grandson Aniruddha to came all the way to marry Ban's daughter Usha from Sonitpur.

Finally Narakasur was kiled amidst the blessings of Shiva.meanwhile Srikrishna took 16,000 girls

Please calculate 16,000 girls into ???

I am unaware of Aniruddha's kids..... Anyone has more clue please??

Half knowledge is bad knowledge. This is proved by the corrupted projection of little knowledge , shown in above statements.

Such people will talk about Raas Leela of the Lord also, as Love making. Shame on the degenaration of the culture of India in hands of such people .

Bhaskar.

, "Sreenadh" <sreesog wrote:>> Dear Sunil Bhattacharjya ji and Chakraborty ji,> Here is an interesting and light hearted conversation from:> http://assamnet.org/posts/index.php?t=msg & goto=4466 & rid=0 & S=494e8c4c91e5\> 90e01d2bfaccebfe7187> <http://assamnet.org/posts/index.php?t=msg & goto=4466 & rid=0 & S=494e8c4c91e\> 590e01d2bfaccebfe7187>> Hope you will enjoy it. [:)]> Love and regards,> Sreenadh> ===========================> > DR BIKASH KUMAR DAS> <http://assamnet.org/posts/index.php?t=usrinfo & id=37 & rid=0 & S=8048af93446\> 07306c338dc3ec5c98511>> Messages: 466> Registered: September 2007> Location: Bangalore> > Senior Member> > <http://edit./config/send_webmesg?.target=bikuda2003 & .src=pg> > <%20bikashbikash>> > Friends,> Mahabharat is the biggest epic.The truth lies as true only.Its about of> 4000-5000 BC old. Kalika Puran, Vishnu puran,Madbhagawat all relfected> then Kamrup or Pragjyotishpur as holy place.All the Gods was very much> existing amidst KIRATs and ASUR's ruling then Kamrupa.Present Indian> politics after 1826 barred all.With my hard study I found why we cant> claim Gujarat as part of Kamrup or Pragjyotishpur, if Gujarat says they> are only hindu state?> Lord Vishnu's pig carnation son Narakasur was adopted by King> Janak.Narakasur was> then king od Kamrupa to make Pragjyotishpur as capital.he is supposed to> be the first Eingineer of Assam or India to built present Guwahati,to> bring brahmins to Kamakhya temple,being Asur- a great folower of Vishnu.> To marry Kamakhya he built a road, temple and water tank on the top of> Nilachal hills within a night.Stil teh Goddess betrayed him by false> alarm of a cock, whom he ultimately killed also.(Kukurakata).Narakasur> prevented Vasishtha muni to go for worship to Kamakhya temple.His curse> was reduced by Lord Shiva by 300 yrs.When Narakasur stopped praying> and pleasing then Gods, and make god friendship with Sonitpur king Ban,> the Srikrishna came for a battle al the way from> Gujarat(Dwaraka).Finally Narakasur was kiled amidst the blessings of> Shiva.meanwhile Srikrishna took 16,000 girls, 14000 elephants,> horses alongwith him to Dwaraka.By then Bhagadatta- the eldest son> of Narakasur was made king of Pragjyotishpur, who fought against the> Pundabas> with his huge elephant and one akhouhini soldiers.Then also Bhismak> raja's beautiful daughter Rukmini was kidnapped by Srikrishna from> SAdiya(Kundilnagar).Srikrishna's grandson Aniruddha to came all the way> to marry Ban's daughter Usha from Sonitpur.Again Srikrishna had to come> al the way to release Aniruddha with a heavy battle and go away.> This historic or epic live incidents only reveals we remained for ever> invasion of others.Mainamati( Lachit Borphukans nephew) was taken as> dowry by Aurangzeb to Delhi. Still Mainamati marg exist in Delhi.> With al these things of statistical data, why we cant think that since> 4000--5000BC and till today whats the population of Assamese in Gujarat?> Please calculate 16,000 girls into ??? and what about rest?? What about> Mainamati's next generation???? if al say they are hindu kingdoms or> Srikrishna bhakta's- we people from Assam/Kamrupa very well claim> Gujarat and Delhi.Origin of Gujarat is Assam only being.Next > Delhi.I am unaware of Aniruddha's kids..... Anyone has more clue> please?? Wonderful!!!> > Dr.Bikash Kumar Das> Founder Director> Rhino Jungle Adventures> Karnataka, North East India.> > Messages: 207> Registered: September 2007> > Senior Member> > > > > Dear Das:> Thanks for your posting with your historical investigations on Assam's> pre> history. However your anaysis has a flaw, and you need to explore more> to> starighten the falw or solve the mystery. The mystery or the unsolved> puzzle> is this:> > According to the legend, Narakaxur was adopted son of king Janaka. That> is well and good. That also mean that he was comtemporray to Rama and> Sita> (adopted daughter of king Janaka). Mind it, these all happened in Treta> Jug> (Ramayana).> > Now come the story, according to the same legend, that the same> Narakasur> was killed by Sri Krisna and that his son Bhogodotto, joined the> Kurkhtro> war on the side of the Kaurabos. Now all these happend in the Dwapor jug> (Mahabharota)- about 3000 years after Treta jug (Ramayano).> > The question or the mystery is how it was possible for Narakaxur to live> for 3000 years, from the age of Ramayana to the age of Mahabharoto?> > Do you have any answer to this puzzle in pre historic Assam?> Rajen Barua> > > > DR BIKASH KUMAR DAS> <http://assamnet.org/posts/index.php?t=usrinfo & id=37 & rid=0 & S=8048af93446\> 07306c338dc3ec5c98511>> Messages: 466> Registered: September 2007> Location: Bangalore> > Senior Member> > <http://edit./config/send_webmesg?.target=bikuda2003 & .src=pg> > <%20bikashbikash>> > Dangoriya,> Namaskar.Thanks lot.Since I did studied both the epic in my childhood,> later I found people of north India placing more importance on> Ramayana.The Mahabharat part was fully ignored or kept aside.Mahabharat> got the right politics that still exists in pesent India.The war and the> bravery are live.Mahabharat incidents are having significant left over> till day with Narakaxur,Ban ,Kundilnagar stories.The Ghatotkach of> Dimapur- Kacharis-Koch etc.> But Ramayana got nothing as evidences.If you travel all around India> from the Himalays till Kanyakumari- the Mahabharat ruins are very well> existing.I found them all and the bravery mostly attracted me.MIght be I> am a Saikia of the koch king Chilarai's Senapati decendants- the warm> blood pulls me more.To be frank.SAdly my father started writing DAS- and> so become one SC like man now.> I have no argument with Ramayana and Mahabharat, but I have more> importance of Mahabharat than Ramayana.I have written with hard memory> from my historic informations that still I do collect for myself to tell> to the people- the way to say more about my North East India- How strong> we was once.> With sincere regards.,> Â> Bikash> > ===========================> , "Sreenadh"> sreesog@ wrote:> >> > Dear Sunil Bhattacharjya ji,> > Here is another intersting bit of information about PragJyotishpura> > (Guwahati)> > Love and regards,> > Sreenadh> > ===========================> > [Assam] It is PragJyotishpur/Kamrup where rice was first supposed to> > have had been domesticated to be exact.> > Rice roots lie in east India> >> >> http://www.telegraphindia.com/1060608/asp/nation/story_6324661.asp?headl\> \> > ine=Rice~roots~lie~in~east~India> >> <http://www.telegraphindia.com/1060608/asp/nation/story_6324661.asp?head\> \> > line=Rice%7Eroots%7Elie%7Ein%7Eeast%7EIndia>> >> > G.S. MUDUR> >> > New Delhi, June 7: Eastern India is part of a swath of territory south> > of the Himalayas where prehistoric people first cultivated rice,> > scientists reported on Monday.> >> > Their findings, published in the US journal Proceedings of the> National> > Academy of Sciences, contradict the widely held view that the rice> > varieties cultivated today originated from wild rice first> domesticated> > in southern China.> >> > The two major rice varieties grown worldwide today — Oryza sativa> > indica and Oryza sativa japonica — owe their origins to two> > independent events of domestication thousands of years ago, American> and> > Taiwanese researchers said.> >> > In a bid to trace the ancestral roots of rice — a cereal eaten by> > more than half of the world's population — plant geneticist> Barbara> > Schaal at Washington University and her colleagues analysed the> genetic> > make-up of wild and cultivated rice varieties.> >> > Their studies show that the indica variety was domesticated south of> the> > Himalayas within a region spanning eastern India, Myanmar and> Thailand,> > while the japonica variety was domesticated from wild rice in southern> > China.> >> > "We now have strong evidence for multiple sites of domestication of> > rice," Schaal told The Telegraph over the telephone.> >> > The new studies also suggest that an additional — third —> > domestication event might have occurred in India, giving rise to a> minor> > variety of rice called "aus" — a drought-tolerant strain> cultivated> > in India and Bangladesh.> >> > As ancient people moved across the continents, they carried rice with> > them. Rice is now cultivated in every continent except Antarctica.> >> > While there is consensus that rice had its roots in Asia, whether it> was> > domesticated in southern China alone or at multiple locations has been> > under debate.> >> > The Washington University team is planning studies aimed at narrowing> > the site of rice domestication within the two broad geographical> regions> > they have identified.> >> > ===========================> >>

Guest guest

Dear Sreenadhji,Thank you for sending so much information on Pragjyotishpur.Regards,Sunil K. Bhattacharjya--- On Fri, 3/27/09, Sreenadh <sreesog wrote:Sreenadh <sreesog Re: Suryasiddhanta - PragJyotishpura - Mayasura Date: Friday, March 27, 2009, 9:54 AM

Dear Sunil Bhattacharjya ji, Here is another intersting bit of information about PragJyotishpura (Guwahati)Love and regards,Sreenadh============ ========= ======

[Assam] It is PragJyotishpur/ Kamrup where rice was first supposed to

have had been domesticated to be exact. Rice roots lie in east

India http://www.telegrap hindia.com/ 1060608/asp/ nation/story_ 6324661.asp? headline= Rice~roots~ lie~in~east~ India G.S. MUDUR New Delhi, June 7: Eastern India is part of a swath of territory south of the Himalayas where prehistoric people first cultivated rice, scientists reported on

Monday. Their findings, published in the US journal Proceedings of the National Academy of

Sciences, contradict the widely held view that the rice varieties

cultivated today originated from wild rice first domesticated in southern China. The two major rice varieties

grown worldwide today — Oryza sativa indica and Oryza sativa japonica

— owe their origins to two independent events of domestication thousands of

years ago, American and Taiwanese researchers said. In a bid to trace the ancestral

roots of rice — a cereal eaten by more than half of the world's population —

plant geneticist Barbara Schaal at Washington University and her colleagues

analysed the genetic make-up of wild and cultivated rice varieties. Their studies show that the

indica variety was domesticated south of the Himalayas within a region spanning eastern India, Myanmar and Thailand, while the japonica variety was domesticated from

wild rice in southern China. "We now have strong evidence

for multiple sites of domestication of rice," Schaal told The Telegraph

over the telephone. The new studies also suggest that

an additional — third — domestication event might have occurred in India, giving rise to a minor variety of rice called

"aus" — a drought-tolerant strain cultivated in India and Bangladesh. As ancient people moved across

the continents, they carried rice with them. Rice is now cultivated in every

continent except Antarctica. While there is consensus that

rice had its roots in Asia, whether it was domesticated in southern China alone or at multiple locations has been under debate.

The Washington University team is planning studies aimed at narrowing the site

of rice domestication within the two broad geographical regions they have

identified. ============ ========= ======

Guest guest

I am missing something in this story. Was there a dearth of girls in Dwaraka? So

were these girls taken as a bride for dwaraka grooms or were these girls left

without many male support because of the war, that possibly killed all the men?

I have never heard of this story before. Hence, the curiosity.

bhagavathi

, " Bhaskar " <bhaskar_jyotish

wrote:

>

>

> Dear all,

> Lord Vishnu's pig carnation son Narakasur Then also Bhismak raja's

> beautiful daughter Rukmini was kidnapped by Srikrishna from

> SAdiya(Kundilnagar).Srikrishna's grandson Aniruddha to came all the way

> to marry Ban's daughter Usha from Sonitpur. Finally Narakasur was

> kiled amidst the blessings of Shiva.meanwhile Srikrishna took 16,000

> girls Please calculate 16,000 girls into ??? I am unaware of

> Aniruddha's kids..... Anyone has more clue please?? Half knowledge is

> bad knowledge. This is proved by the corrupted projection of little

> knowledge , shown in above statements.

> Such people will talk about Raas Leela of the Lord also, as Love making.

> Shame on the degenaration of the culture of India in hands of such

> people .

>

> Bhaskar.

Guest guest

The King who had been killed by Lord Krishna , was holding these females

as captives, and after he killed this King, the women did not wish to go

back homes, as in those days a women kept captive by somebody after

returning again was looked down upon (Even today this holds true in good

homes), so they themselves asked Krishna to either take them as his

wives, or else they would push themselves in the Fire.

Which is why Lord Krishna took them Home. There is also a story about

these 16000 women, of what they were in their old birth, and how they

landed here, but I do not remember this at this point of time.

regards,

Bhaskar.

, " bhagavathi_hariharan "

<bhagavathi_hariharan wrote:

>

> I am missing something in this story. Was there a dearth of girls in

Dwaraka? So were these girls taken as a bride for dwaraka grooms or were

these girls left without many male support because of the war, that

possibly killed all the men? I have never heard of this story before.

Hence, the curiosity.

>

> bhagavathi

>

>

>

> , " Bhaskar "

bhaskar_jyotish@ wrote:

> >

> >

> > Dear all,

> > Lord Vishnu's pig carnation son Narakasur Then also Bhismak raja's

> > beautiful daughter Rukmini was kidnapped by Srikrishna from

> > SAdiya(Kundilnagar).Srikrishna's grandson Aniruddha to came all the

way

> > to marry Ban's daughter Usha from Sonitpur. Finally Narakasur was

> > kiled amidst the blessings of Shiva.meanwhile Srikrishna took 16,000

> > girls Please calculate 16,000 girls into ??? I am unaware of

> > Aniruddha's kids..... Anyone has more clue please?? Half knowledge

is

> > bad knowledge. This is proved by the corrupted projection of little

> > knowledge , shown in above statements.

> > Such people will talk about Raas Leela of the Lord also, as Love

making.

> > Shame on the degenaration of the culture of India in hands of such

> > people .

> >

> > Bhaskar.

>

Guest guest

Dear Bhagavathiji,The number 15,000 may be puranic exaggeration. Narakasura kept some women captive and when Narakusara died those women were free. Probably in thosedays a woman kept by a king could not come back to the society after the death of the king and that is why the women might have requested Lord Krishna to take them along with him. The women may not be from Pragjyotishpur also. So Lord took them with him to make them settle elsewhere. Nothing more is written about their location and future. Regards,Sunil K. Bhattacharjya--- On Fri, 3/27/09, bhagavathi_hariharan <bhagavathi_hariharan wrote:bhagavathi_hariharan <bhagavathi_hariharanSubject:

Re: Suryasiddhanta - PragJyotishpura - Mayasura Date: Friday, March 27, 2009, 7:27 PM

I am missing something in this story. Was there a dearth of girls in Dwaraka? So were these girls taken as a bride for dwaraka grooms or were these girls left without many male support because of the war, that possibly killed all the men? I have never heard of this story before. Hence, the curiosity.

bhagavathi

ancient_indian_ astrology, "Bhaskar" <bhaskar_jyotish@ ...> wrote:

>

>

> Dear all,

> Lord Vishnu's pig carnation son Narakasur Then also Bhismak raja's

> beautiful daughter Rukmini was kidnapped by Srikrishna from

> SAdiya(Kundilnagar) .Srikrishna' s grandson Aniruddha to came all the way

> to marry Ban's daughter Usha from Sonitpur. Finally Narakasur was

> kiled amidst the blessings of Shiva.meanwhile Srikrishna took 16,000

> girls Please calculate 16,000 girls into ??? I am unaware of

> Aniruddha's kids..... Anyone has more clue please?? Half knowledge is

> bad knowledge. This is proved by the corrupted projection of little

> knowledge , shown in above statements.

> Such people will talk about Raas Leela of the Lord also, as Love making.

> Shame on the degenaration of the culture of India in hands of such

> people .

>

> Bhaskar.

Guest guest

Dear sunil Battacharjyaji,

It is also a interpretation about the " Ras " that Shri Krishana have did Ras with

Gop-Balas they were the " Richa of Vedas " .And in Lord Vishnu's previous birth in

Manushy-Yoni as Lord Ram,when Ram meet Sitaji in a Upvan first time that time

all her Shakhiya are fall in attraction of Shri Ram.So fulfill their desier they

get birth as Gopia when Lord vishnu take birth as Krishana.

May be like this these numbers indicating some thing as like Richa of Vedas.

Thanks,

M.S.Bohra

, Sunil Bhattacharjya

<sunil_bhattacharjya wrote:

>

> Dear Bhagavathiji,

>

> The number 15,000 may be puranic exaggeration. Narakasura kept some women

captive and when Narakusara died those women were free. Probably in thosedays a

woman kept by a king could not come back to the society after the death of the

king and that is why the women might have requested Lord Krishna to take them

along with him. The women may not be from Pragjyotishpur also. So Lord took them

with him to make them settle elsewhere. Nothing more is written about their

location and future. 

>

> Regards,

>

> Sunil K. Bhattacharjya

>

> --- On Fri, 3/27/09, bhagavathi_hariharan <bhagavathi_hariharan wrote:

>

> bhagavathi_hariharan <bhagavathi_hariharan

> Re: Suryasiddhanta - PragJyotishpura -

Mayasura

>

> Friday, March 27, 2009, 7:27 PM

>

>

>

>

>

>

I am missing something in this story. Was there a dearth of girls

in Dwaraka? So were these girls taken as a bride for dwaraka grooms or were

these girls left without many male support because of the war, that possibly

killed all the men? I have never heard of this story before. Hence, the

curiosity.

>

>

>

> bhagavathi

>

>

>

> ancient_indian_ astrology, " Bhaskar "

<bhaskar_jyotish@ ...> wrote:

>

> >

>

> >

>

> > Dear all,

>

> > Lord Vishnu's pig carnation son Narakasur Then also Bhismak raja's

>

> > beautiful daughter Rukmini was kidnapped by Srikrishna from

>

> > SAdiya(Kundilnagar) .Srikrishna' s grandson Aniruddha to came all the way

>

> > to marry Ban's daughter Usha from Sonitpur. Finally Narakasur was

>

> > kiled amidst the blessings of Shiva.meanwhile Srikrishna took 16,000

>

> > girls Please calculate 16,000 girls into ??? I am unaware of

>

> > Aniruddha's kids..... Anyone has more clue please?? Half knowledge is

>

> > bad knowledge. This is proved by the corrupted projection of little

>

> > knowledge , shown in above statements.

>

> > Such people will talk about Raas Leela of the Lord also, as Love making.

>

> > Shame on the degenaration of the culture of India in hands of such

>

> > people .

>

> >

>

> > Bhaskar.

>

Guest guest

Dear Bhaskar ji, Take it light hearted way - the statements by that author was not intended to be taken seriously, but was just expressing an idea in a funny way. :) The point of our interest is - * Dwaraka (Krishana's place) is in Gujrat * Pragjyotishpur, the place of Narakasura, Bana etc is in Assam near Guwahati * The Patala from where Arjuna married Uloopi could be Nagaland * Meru the adobe of gods was considered once as North pole and later by the Puranas as Mt. Kailas in Himalayas. * While hiding from Jarasandha Krishna went up to Kerala to collect force, and there he met with Parasurama as well. (Parasurama was living there in Kerala at that time as per Mahabharata) * Balhika refers to place in Russia. * Gandhara is Afghanistan Mahabharata is a story about the interaction between the people of North-East-West-South India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iran, Russia, China, Kambodia - the interaction between the people of a large part of the world; almost the whole of Asian continent. Communication and travel between many places and land attacks from one extreme part of India (e.g. Gujrat) to the other extreme part of India (e.g.Assam) was not uncommon but was a regular thing that could happen many times with the life span of an individual. If that kind of intermixing, cultural transmission, interaction, was possible and present at that period; even during a later stage if Ptolemies maps gives information about even the river system of Assam and Brahmaputra region - why we people underestimate the knowledge, communication, transportation capabilities of those ancients? History is NOT linear. May times it may happen that a high culture got replaces by a culture and civiliztion that is not that developed. Actually it was a usual thing in history as evident from the Homer's Ionian culture getting destroyed by the Masedonion Greek culture, India's copper and city centric ancient Harappan culture getting replaced by pastoral societies and cultures and so on. Even those uncultured groups later develope an excellent culture of there own as evident from the story of Greeks, Cytheons (sakas) and so on. The below write-up was just intended to provoke our thoughts in such directions - whether we use a funny light hearted approach, or a serious one. Looking at ancient stories and ancient facts in a new perspective is required for new insights to come up. This is a point we should value and know, I would say. :)Love and regards,Sreenadh , "Bhaskar" <bhaskar_jyotish wrote:>> > Dear all,> Lord Vishnu's pig carnation son Narakasur Then also Bhismak raja's> beautiful daughter Rukmini was kidnapped by Srikrishna from> SAdiya(Kundilnagar).Srikrishna's grandson Aniruddha to came all the way> to marry Ban's daughter Usha from Sonitpur. Finally Narakasur was> kiled amidst the blessings of Shiva.meanwhile Srikrishna took 16,000> girls Please calculate 16,000 girls into ??? I am unaware of> Aniruddha's kids..... Anyone has more clue please?? Half knowledge is> bad knowledge. This is proved by the corrupted projection of little> knowledge , shown in above statements.> Such people will talk about Raas Leela of the Lord also, as Love making.> Shame on the degenaration of the culture of India in hands of such> people .> > Bhaskar.

Guest guest

Dear Sreenadh ji,"The Patala from where Arjuna married Uloopi could be Nagaland"Yes Manipur and Nagaland must be the two places from where he married Ulupi and Citrangada. "Pragjyotishpur, the place of Narakasura, Bana etc is in Assam near Guwahati"Yes. Naraka's son Bhagadatta (the name of his son shows Naraka's Sakta nature) hails from Pragjotishpur and his deity was in Kamakhya. "why we people underestimate the knowledge, communication, transportation capabilities of those ancients? "We do not. Our white masters needed to make us disbelieve our ancients to subvert us. And our brown

masters caryying the white masters' burden are continuing it. "History is NOT linear."On DOT. ShankarSreenadh <sreesog Sent: Saturday, March 28, 2009 2:36:30 PM Re: Suryasiddhanta - PragJyotishpura - Mayasura

Dear Bhaskar ji, Take it light hearted way - the statements by that author was not intended to be taken seriously, but was just expressing an idea in a funny way. :) The point of our interest is - * Dwaraka (Krishana's place) is in Gujrat * Pragjyotishpur, the place of Narakasura, Bana etc is in Assam near Guwahati * The Patala from where Arjuna married Uloopi could be Nagaland * Meru the adobe of gods was considered once as North pole and later by the Puranas as Mt. Kailas in Himalayas. * While hiding from Jarasandha Krishna went up to Kerala to collect force, and there he met with Parasurama as well. (Parasurama was living there in Kerala at that time as per Mahabharata) * Balhika refers to place in Russia. * Gandhara is Afghanistan Mahabharata is a story about the

interaction between the people of North-East-West- South India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iran, Russia, China, Kambodia - the interaction between the people of a large part of the world; almost the whole of Asian continent. Communication and travel between many places and land attacks from one extreme part of India (e.g. Gujrat) to the other extreme part of India (e.g.Assam) was not uncommon but was a regular thing that could happen many times with the life span of an individual. If that kind of intermixing, cultural transmission, interaction, was possible and present at that period; even during a later stage if Ptolemies maps gives information about even the river system of Assam and Brahmaputra region - why we people underestimate the knowledge, communication, transportation capabilities of those ancients? History is NOT linear. May times it may happen that a high culture got replaces by a culture and civiliztion

that is not that developed. Actually it was a usual thing in history as evident from the Homer's Ionian culture getting destroyed by the Masedonion Greek culture, India's copper and city centric ancient Harappan culture getting replaced by pastoral societies and cultures and so on. Even those uncultured groups later develope an excellent culture of there own as evident from the story of Greeks, Cytheons (sakas) and so on. The below write-up was just intended to provoke our thoughts in such directions - whether we use a funny light hearted approach, or a serious one. Looking at ancient stories and ancient facts in a new perspective is required for new insights to come up. This is a point we should value and know, I would say. :)Love and regards,Sreenadhancient_indian_ astrology, "Bhaskar" <bhaskar_jyotish@ ...> wrote:>> > Dear all,> Lord Vishnu's pig

carnation son Narakasur Then also Bhismak raja's> beautiful daughter Rukmini was kidnapped by Srikrishna from> SAdiya(Kundilnagar) .Srikrishna' s grandson Aniruddha to came all the way> to marry Ban's daughter Usha from Sonitpur. Finally Narakasur was> kiled amidst the blessings of Shiva.meanwhile Srikrishna took 16,000> girls Please calculate 16,000 girls into ??? I am unaware of> Aniruddha's kids..... Anyone has more clue please?? Half knowledge is> bad knowledge. This is proved by the corrupted projection of little> knowledge , shown in above statements.> Such people will talk about Raas Leela of the Lord also, as Love making.> Shame on the degenaration of the culture of India in hands of such> people .> > Bhaskar.

Guest guest

Dear Shankara Bharadwaj ji, Thanks. :)Love and regards,Sreenadh , ShankaraBharadwaj Khandavalli <shankarabharadwaj wrote:>> Dear Sreenadh ji,> > "The Patala from where Arjuna married Uloopi could be Nagaland"> > Yes Manipur and Nagaland must be the two places from where he married Ulupi and Citrangada. > > "Pragjyotishpur, the place of Narakasura, Bana etc is in Assam near Guwahati"> > Yes. Naraka's son Bhagadatta (the name of his son shows Naraka's Sakta nature) hails from Pragjotishpur and his deity was in Kamakhya. > > "why we people underestimate the knowledge, communication, transportation capabilities of those ancients? "> > We do not. Our white masters needed to make us disbelieve our ancients to subvert us. And our brown masters caryying the white masters' burden are continuing it. > > "History is NOT linear."> > On DOT. > > Shankar

Guest guest

Dear Bhagavati ji, Krishna is thought to have married all those 1600 women. He had 8 more wives of his own. And this what make the wife count of Srikrishna 16008. :) Anyway I love Srikrishna, not because of the polygamy, but because of the fact that he lived 'here and now" taking decisions always from within, being sincere to the soul always! I love him! He lived a FULL life, and so is considered as a 'Purna Avatar' (Perfection in human form). :)Love and regards,Sreenadh , "bhagavathi_hariharan" <bhagavathi_hariharan wrote:>> I am missing something in this story. Was there a dearth of girls in Dwaraka? So were these girls taken as a bride for dwaraka grooms or were these girls left without many male support because of the war, that possibly killed all the men? I have never heard of this story before. Hence, the curiosity.> > bhagavathi > > > > , "Bhaskar" bhaskar_jyotish@ wrote:> >> > > > Dear all,> > Lord Vishnu's pig carnation son Narakasur Then also Bhismak raja's> > beautiful daughter Rukmini was kidnapped by Srikrishna from> > SAdiya(Kundilnagar).Srikrishna's grandson Aniruddha to came all the way> > to marry Ban's daughter Usha from Sonitpur. Finally Narakasur was> > kiled amidst the blessings of Shiva.meanwhile Srikrishna took 16,000> > girls Please calculate 16,000 girls into ??? I am unaware of> > Aniruddha's kids..... Anyone has more clue please?? Half knowledge is> > bad knowledge. This is proved by the corrupted projection of little> > knowledge , shown in above statements.> > Such people will talk about Raas Leela of the Lord also, as Love making.> > Shame on the degenaration of the culture of India in hands of such> > people .> > > > Bhaskar.>

Guest guest

Dear Sunilji,

Thank you for the clarification. Makes lot of sense

Regards,

bhagavathi

, Sunil Bhattacharjya

<sunil_bhattacharjya wrote:

>

> Dear Bhagavathiji,

>

> The number 15,000 may be puranic exaggeration. Narakasura kept some women

captive and when Narakusara died those women were free. Probably in thosedays a

woman kept by a king could not come back to the society after the death of the

king and that is why the women might have requested Lord Krishna to take them

along with him. The women may not be from Pragjyotishpur also. So Lord took them

with him to make them settle elsewhere. Nothing more is written about their

location and future. 

>

> Regards,

>

> Sunil K. Bhattacharjya

>

Guest guest

Dear Sreenadhji,

// Anyway I love Srikrishna, not because of the polygamy//

Good sense of humour. But is this also not true? The west have best associated

Lord Krishna as a romantic God. He became popular all over the world for his

polygamy. Leave alone his polygamy, he will always remain kanhaiya to all of us.

Regards,

bhagavathi