Brilliant isn't it Pandit-ji? Freedom-ji's research articles are indeed

beautiful!

, " panditarjun2004 "

<panditarjun2004 wrote:

>

> dear friends

>

> this is a very good observation and i appreciate the finding and sharing by

the article writer. knowledge shared is knowledge gained.

>

> may the jupiter shine brightly in all.

>

> with best wishes and blessings

> pandit arjun

>

> , " Souvik Dutta "

<explore_vulcan@> wrote:

> >

> > Dear members,

> >

> > Significance of 108 ->

http://sohamsa.com/index.php?option=com_content & view=article & id=14:significance-\

of-108 & catid=18 & Itemid=30

> >

> > Thanks

> >

> > Souvik

> >

>

Guest guest

Dear Bhaskar-ji,

Every sensible member of this forum who reads this response of yours would know

who is not making sense. You are comparing garbage to an astronomical view of a

serious astrologer.

I already got one mail from a respected member of this forum who shares my

admiration for this research. How come you seem to be the only one having a

problem with this work? Atleast numbers should make sense to you!

Regards

Souvik

, " Bhaskar " <bhaskar_jyotish

wrote:

>

>

> Dear Souvik ji,

>

> Ugly is ugly. It cannot turn beautiful . Garbage on the road if one

> calls as ugly looking, you cannot tell that person " Beauty lies in the

> eyes of the beholder " . It does not make sense . How can we blame the

> eyes of the beholder for what actually is ?

>

> You are right. We do not have to agree over anything. Its not necessary.

> You put your view point about that website and I put mines. Square.

>

> regards,

>

> Bhaskar.

>

>

>

>

> , " Souvik Dutta "

> <explore_vulcan@> wrote:

> >

> > Dear Bhaskar-ji,

> > There is nothing to comment on what you wrote here except an age old

> saying - " Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder " .

> > Who said that you would see beauty in something that I would see

> beauty in? We don't have to agree on anything. No further comments from

> me on this thread to you.

> > Regards

> > Souvik

> >

> > , " Bhaskar "

> bhaskar_jyotish@ wrote:

> > >

> > >

> > > Dear Souvik ji,

> > >

> > > I just visited that site and did not find anything beautiful there.

> I

> > > can see a white face there, but do not know his name . They have

> > > mentioned some thing which I do not like to read, and am sure that

> most

> > > would agree with me -

> > >

> > > " There are a lot of people trying to understand the significance of

> the

> > > number 108. Often people will give a list of items that come in 108,

> but

> > > this doesn't explain why 108 is sacred. A list gives no deeper

> > > understanding of why 108 is sacred, it only proves that people

> consider

> > > it sacred. As jyotishis, we need to understand the 'why' behind the

> > > principles of the ancient Rishis. "

> > >

> > > They are trying to say that we do not understand why it is sacred,

> till

> > > the time they have found it ??????????

> > >

> > > They mean to say that we do not understand the " why "

> > > ???????????????????????????????? of the figure of 108?

> > >

> > > Do they mean to say that they have discovered the sacred meaning

> while

> > > we others are idiots and all others who have been uptil now dont

> know

> > > the " deep sacred meaning " of the number 108 ?

> > >

> > > What they have mentioned now like d x 108 = s all this bull shit is

> > > known as fixing astrology or postmartem. This is being done just to

> > > appear as " Exclusive " and " spectacular " and to project that only

> they

> > > know the significance of the figure 108. Anybody can come with

> hundreds

> > > of such theories to prove that that the number of 108 is sacred.

> > >

> > > Beyond this explanation they come down to the real meaning of 108,

> which

> > > is 27 Nakshatras x 4 Padas . Is this a new theory ? Are we not aware

> of

> > > this ?

> > >

> > > I know such 10 Genuine theories about the number of 108. Even if I

> > > present them, it will be nothing new discovered but something which

> I

> > > have borrowed from my elders. So whats new or beautiful here may I

> ask

> > > You ?

> > >

> > > Example -

> > >

> > > A circle ofthe Zodiac compromises of 360 degrees or 21600 minutes.

> > > Which means 216000 Vipalas which again divided by 2 for half night

> and

> > > half day when the person is awake comes to 108000 for the day and

> night

> > > each,. Obviously this number is too large for practical use. So we

> drop

> > > the zeros and employ a rosary with 108 beads.

> > > It is to co-ordinate the rythm of time and space that we use the

> number

> > > 108. It is harmony with the eternal forces of nature which are

> > > identified with God, and not this nonsense theory of Moon = Earth

> > > Equation.

> > >

> > > I await your comments now.

> > >

> > > Bhaskar.

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Dear Souvikji,

Numbers do not make sense to me. When we ask someone to write zero two times and ask him to spell it he will say "Double zero", but when I ask him to write 1, two times and spell it out, he will say "Eleven" and not "Double one". I still cant understand why 1 + 1 =2, and not 11.

That serious astrologer - I could not get his name there . I also do have much affinity for the white skins when they distort the Indian literature to whatever they wish to convey and project. But of course not all white skinned are objects or subjects of my contempt. For those innocent clear hearted ones, I do bear affinity for their learning about the great culture of India and the Vedas and Yoga and Tantra, and Mantra, meditation and getting into ISCKON etc etc.

I have a problem with that work because I consider it as "Fixing" and nothing spiritual as they have intended to project.

But why are you fighting for a third person with me ? Am I not free enough to express my views just as you have expressed them. I consider you as a loving young member of this Group, and why dont you consider me so ? Why does 1 + 1 not appear as 2 to you, the 2nd house of family togetherness in a chart ? Are we both not one on this Group ?

I normally do not make sense because commonsense has become rare in these days of nonsense overtaking lead over the former, and to make sense in what I have written one has to remove nonsense as well as commonsense and also remove the shroud of pretense to reach through the immense sense which I have to again commence writing to you, since you showed suspense and took offense and seemingly got incensed .

Sorry I tried to condense what I meant , but could not and had to write little in my defence. Hope this makes some sense to You after spending some time and energy at my expense.

best wishes,

Bhaskar.

, "Souvik Dutta" <explore_vulcan wrote:>> Dear Bhaskar-ji,> Every sensible member of this forum who reads this response of yours would know who is not making sense. You are comparing garbage to an astronomical view of a serious astrologer.> I already got one mail from a respected member of this forum who shares my admiration for this research. How come you seem to be the only one having a problem with this work? Atleast numbers should make sense to you!> Regards> Souvik> > , "Bhaskar" bhaskar_jyotish@ wrote:> >> > > > Dear Souvik ji,> > > > Ugly is ugly. It cannot turn beautiful . Garbage on the road if one> > calls as ugly looking, you cannot tell that person "Beauty lies in the> > eyes of the beholder". It does not make sense . How can we blame the> > eyes of the beholder for what actually is ?> > > > You are right. We do not have to agree over anything. Its not necessary.> > You put your view point about that website and I put mines. Square.> > > > regards,> > > > Bhaskar.> > > > > > > > > > , "Souvik Dutta"> > <explore_vulcan@> wrote:> > >> > > Dear Bhaskar-ji,> > > There is nothing to comment on what you wrote here except an age old> > saying - "Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder".> > > Who said that you would see beauty in something that I would see> > beauty in? We don't have to agree on anything. No further comments from> > me on this thread to you.> > > Regards> > > Souvik> > >> > > , "Bhaskar"> > bhaskar_jyotish@ wrote:> > > >> > > >> > > > Dear Souvik ji,> > > >> > > > I just visited that site and did not find anything beautiful there.> > I> > > > can see a white face there, but do not know his name . They have> > > > mentioned some thing which I do not like to read, and am sure that> > most> > > > would agree with me -> > > >> > > > " There are a lot of people trying to understand the significance of> > the> > > > number 108. Often people will give a list of items that come in 108,> > but> > > > this doesn't explain why 108 is sacred. A list gives no deeper> > > > understanding of why 108 is sacred, it only proves that people> > consider> > > > it sacred. As jyotishis, we need to understand the 'why' behind the> > > > principles of the ancient Rishis. "> > > >> > > > They are trying to say that we do not understand why it is sacred,> > till> > > > the time they have found it ??????????> > > >> > > > They mean to say that we do not understand the "why"> > > > ???????????????????????????????? of the figure of 108?> > > >> > > > Do they mean to say that they have discovered the sacred meaning> > while> > > > we others are idiots and all others who have been uptil now dont> > know> > > > the "deep sacred meaning" of the number 108 ?> > > >> > > > What they have mentioned now like d x 108 = s all this bull shit is> > > > known as fixing astrology or postmartem. This is being done just to> > > > appear as "Exclusive" and "spectacular" and to project that only> > they> > > > know the significance of the figure 108. Anybody can come with> > hundreds> > > > of such theories to prove that that the number of 108 is sacred.> > > >> > > > Beyond this explanation they come down to the real meaning of 108,> > which> > > > is 27 Nakshatras x 4 Padas . Is this a new theory ? Are we not aware> > of> > > > this ?> > > >> > > > I know such 10 Genuine theories about the number of 108. Even if I> > > > present them, it will be nothing new discovered but something which> > I> > > > have borrowed from my elders. So whats new or beautiful here may I> > ask> > > > You ?> > > >> > > > Example -> > > >> > > > A circle ofthe Zodiac compromises of 360 degrees or 21600 minutes.> > > > Which means 216000 Vipalas which again divided by 2 for half night> > and> > > > half day when the person is awake comes to 108000 for the day and> > night> > > > each,. Obviously this number is too large for practical use. So we> > drop> > > > the zeros and employ a rosary with 108 beads.> > > > It is to co-ordinate the rythm of time and space that we use the> > number> > > > 108. It is harmony with the eternal forces of nature which are> > > > identified with God, and not this nonsense theory of Moon = Earth> > > > Equation.> > > >> > > > I await your comments now.> > > >> > > > Bhaskar.> > > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

No comments, since you treat me just as an email id, whereas I had

always treated you as a human sitting behind the email id. I am not used

to being so cold in attitude with those whom I consider as humans.

I too appreciate knowledge and wherever I dont see it, I talk honestly

about it.

best wishes,

Bhaskar.

, " Souvik Dutta "

<explore_vulcan wrote:

>

> Dear Bhaskar-ji,

> Why will I fight with you? You are just an email id to me. I would

have just responded the same way even if the same mail was posted in

this forum by another email id. I don't know the good astrologer just as

I don't know you. For me what matters in the internet is knowledge,

wherever I see it, I appreciate it.

> You are absolutely free to express your views.

> However, just scroll through this mail. I didn't ask your opinion but

you did mine. I posted my views first as a general mail and then to the

good man who appreciated the same research, you were no where in the

scene.

> You responded to my mail, asked me my opinion and thus I responded and

expressed my views.

> I have nothing for or against you since to me you are just an email

id, that's all.

> Again dear Sir, I had time today and so I responded. Probably won't

have time tomorrow so won't reply to your mails.

> Regards

> Souvik

>

Guest guest

Dear Anantha ji,

A revealing mail full of knowledge about the number 9. Good. These are informative stuff wanted more in Jyotish Groups rather than baseless discussions bordering on Egoes and fulfilling of those.

Some more inputs on the number 9

The battle of the Mahabharata lasted for 18 days. (1 + 8 = 9)

This epic is written and divided into 18 Parvas (Chapters)

There are 9 Muses.

9 Angels in Heaven.

9 Devils in Hell.

9 Arch notes in Greece.

After his death Jesus Christ appeared 9 times before his disciples.

The Church has Novenas – Nine days devotions.

The period of gestation is 9 months.

The ancients buried their dead on the 9th day.

At the 9th hour Christ died on the Cross.

The Romans held a feats in memory of their dead every 9th year.

In Hebrew writings its written that God descended on Earth 9 Times.

I do like numbers, but did not mention so to the member in the other mail. Normally I always keep in mind the happiness of the other person with whom I am communicating unless he is my enemy of sorts. Since he said that numbers do not make sense to me, I replied yes they do not, and am a fool in the matters of numbers. This may have given him some happiness.

Numerology is the Mother of all Jyotish Sciences. In fact whatever I predict in astrology is not just through astrology, but more with astro-numerology, but don't mention so, for it would be difficult for everyone to accept and follow my system of predictions which is different.

The number 9 is having great connotations and significance in astrology, but will need a dedicated chapter and write-up for same. Not today.

Best wishes,

Bhaskar.

, Anantha Krishnan <anantha_krishnan_98 wrote:>> > > > Dear Bhaskar Ji:I know you do not like numbers. But the following is something may be of interest.> Numerically 9 is the highest single digit number. Every> other number is some form of combination of 9s or numbers below it. For example,> 1,2, .. 8,9 and even ten is a combination of 1 and zero. Apart from this take> this number 9 or multiples of 9 and multiply it by any other number in this world.> Add the digits of the answer till it is reduced to a single digit, the final> number would be another 9. For example take 108 (9x12) and multiply 90, we get> 9720. It is 9+7+2=18=8+1=9.> > I think I have mentioned this in one of my previous emails.> > > > Besides this, the number 9 is synonymous with> religious/astrological/natural connotations.> > > > Religious:> > God is said to be omnipotent with nine senses.> > Humans have six senses. And if you happen to have ESP, you> will be bordering seventh sense. Devas and Assuras are supposed to have eight> senses which gives them limited omnipotence to achieve whatever they want (good> or bad). But God with nine senses is totally omnipotent.> > In the South Indian temples, they have identified 63 (a> multiple of nine) saivaite saints and stopped at that number many centuries ago.> They are waiting for nine more to jump to 72 (probably).> > > > Astrological:> > Each rasi with a deity of its own has nine padas in commensuration> with the nine senses of God.> > There were only five planets and two luminaries to begin> with; but they added two nodal points to make it a total of nine grahams. New> planets have been discovered but in astrology we are limited to nine.> > Why 27 nakshatras- may in line with 27 days it takes for the> moon to go around the Zodiac. But each duration is not exactly 24 hours- so the> main reason- I think- was to keep it as a multiple of nine. Even when they> identified 28th Abhijit, they relegated it to the last pada of> Sravana keeping the total number as 27.> > The lowest common factor between 27 nakshatras and 12 rasis> is 108.> > > > Natural> > There> are 360 thithis in a normal year. (a multiple of 9)Normal> human heart beats at 72/ minuteVernal> equinox completes one cycle around the sun in 25776 years (a multiple of> 9)The> human fetus is inside the womb for 270 days- from its conception to its> natural delivery; ten cycles of the moon around the Zodiac.I am> sure all of you can come up with many more natural cycles that are> multiples of nine.> > > > I do not have much in the way of proof for some of the> things I have mentioned but I believe, unless convinced otherwise, that 108 is> connected with the remarkable number 9.Regards,anantha krishnan> > > > > --- On Wed, 5/13/09, Bhaskar bhaskar_jyotish wrote:> > Bhaskar bhaskar_jyotish Re: 108> > Wednesday, May 13, 2009, 4:16 PM> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Please read as -> I also do not have much affinity for the.........> regards/Bhaskar> > > ancient_indian_ astrology, "Bhaskar" <bhaskar_jyotish@ ...> wrote:> >> >> > Dear Souvikji,> >> > Numbers do not make sense to me. When we ask someone to write zero two> > times and ask him to spell it he will say "Double zero", but when I ask> > him to write 1, two times and spell it out, he will say "Eleven" and not> > "Double one". I still cant understand why 1 + 1 =2, and not 11.> >> > That serious astrologer - I could not get his name there . I also do> > have much affinity for the white skins when they distort the Indian> > literature to whatever they wish to convey and project. But of course> > not all white skinned are objects or subjects of my contempt. For those> > innocent clear hearted ones, I do bear affinity for their learning about> > the great culture of India and the Vedas and Yoga and Tantra, and> > Mantra, meditation and getting into ISCKON etc etc.> >> > I have a problem with that work because I consider it as "Fixing" and> > nothing spiritual as they have intended to project.> >> > But why are you fighting for a third person with me ? Am I not free> > enough to express my views just as you have expressed them. I consider> > you as a loving young member of this Group, and why dont you consider me> > so ? Why does 1 + 1 not appear as 2 to you, the 2nd house of family> > togetherness in a chart ? Are we both not one on this Group ?> >> > I normally do not make sense because commonsense has become rare in> > these days of nonsense overtaking lead over the former, and to make> > sense in what I have written one has to remove nonsense as well as> > commonsense and also remove the shroud of pretense to reach through the> > immense sense which I have to again commence writing to you, since you> > showed suspense and took offense and seemingly got incensed .> >> > Sorry I tried to condense what I meant , but could not and had to write> > little in my defence. Hope this makes some sense to You after spending> > some time and energy at my expense.> >> > best wishes,> >> > Bhaskar.> >> >> >> >> > ancient_indian_ astrology, "Souvik Dutta"> > explore_vulcan@ wrote:> > >> > > Dear Bhaskar-ji,> > > Every sensible member of this forum who reads this response of yours> > would know who is not making sense. You are comparing garbage to an> > astronomical view of a serious astrologer.> > > I already got one mail from a respected member of this forum who> > shares my admiration for this research. How come you seem to be the only> > one having a problem with this work? Atleast numbers should make sense> > to you!> > > Regards> > > Souvik> > >> > > ancient_indian_ astrology, "Bhaskar"> > bhaskar_jyotish@ wrote:> > > >> > > >> > > > Dear Souvik ji,> > > >> > > > Ugly is ugly. It cannot turn beautiful . Garbage on the road if one> > > > calls as ugly looking, you cannot tell that person "Beauty lies in> > the> > > > eyes of the beholder". It does not make sense . How can we blame the> > > > eyes of the beholder for what actually is ?> > > >> > > > You are right. We do not have to agree over anything. Its not> > necessary.> > > > You put your view point about that website and I put mines. Square.> > > >> > > > regards,> > > >> > > > Bhaskar.> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > ancient_indian_ astrology, "Souvik Dutta"> > > > <explore_vulcan@> wrote:> > > > >> > > > > Dear Bhaskar-ji,> > > > > There is nothing to comment on what you wrote here except an age> > old> > > > saying - "Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder".> > > > > Who said that you would see beauty in something that I would see> > > > beauty in? We don't have to agree on anything. No further comments> > from> > > > me on this thread to you.> > > > > Regards> > > > > Souvik> > > > >> > > > > ancient_indian_ astrology, "Bhaskar"> > > > bhaskar_jyotish@ wrote:> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > Dear Souvik ji,> > > > > >> > > > > > I just visited that site and did not find anything beautiful> > there.> > > > I> > > > > > can see a white face there, but do not know his name . They have> > > > > > mentioned some thing which I do not like to read, and am sure> > that> > > > most> > > > > > would agree with me -> > > > > >> > > > > > " There are a lot of people trying to understand the> > significance of> > > > the> > > > > > number 108. Often people will give a list of items that come in> > 108,> > > > but> > > > > > this doesn't explain why 108 is sacred. A list gives no deeper> > > > > > understanding of why 108 is sacred, it only proves that people> > > > consider> > > > > > it sacred. As jyotishis, we need to understand the 'why' behind> > the> > > > > > principles of the ancient Rishis. "> > > > > >> > > > > > They are trying to say that we do not understand why it is> > sacred,> > > > till> > > > > > the time they have found it ??????????> > > > > >> > > > > > They mean to say that we do not understand the "why"> > > > > > ???????????? ????????? ????????? ?? of the figure of 108?> > > > > >> > > > > > Do they mean to say that they have discovered the sacred meaning> > > > while> > > > > > we others are idiots and all others who have been uptil now dont> > > > know> > > > > > the "deep sacred meaning" of the number 108 ?> > > > > >> > > > > > What they have mentioned now like d x 108 = s all this bull shit> > is> > > > > > known as fixing astrology or postmartem. This is being done just> > to> > > > > > appear as "Exclusive" and "spectacular" and to project that only> > > > they> > > > > > know the significance of the figure 108. Anybody can come with> > > > hundreds> > > > > > of such theories to prove that that the number of 108 is sacred.> > > > > >> > > > > > Beyond this explanation they come down to the real meaning of> > 108,> > > > which> > > > > > is 27 Nakshatras x 4 Padas . Is this a new theory ? Are we not> > aware> > > > of> > > > > > this ?> > > > > >> > > > > > I know such 10 Genuine theories about the number of 108. Even if> > I> > > > > > present them, it will be nothing new discovered but something> > which> > > > I> > > > > > have borrowed from my elders. So whats new or beautiful here may> > I> > > > ask> > > > > > You ?> > > > > >> > > > > > Example -> > > > > >> > > > > > A circle ofthe Zodiac compromises of 360 degrees or 21600> > minutes.> > > > > > Which means 216000 Vipalas which again divided by 2 for half> > night> > > > and> > > > > > half day when the person is awake comes to 108000 for the day> > and> > > > night> > > > > > each,. Obviously this number is too large for practical use. So> > we> > > > drop> > > > > > the zeros and employ a rosary with 108 beads.> > > > > > It is to co-ordinate the rythm of time and space that we use the> > > > number> > > > > > 108. It is harmony with the eternal forces of nature which are> > > > > > identified with God, and not this nonsense theory of Moon => > Earth> > > > > > Equation.> > > > > >> > > > > > I await your comments now.> > > > > >> > > > > > Bhaskar.> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

Dear All, Even though

Freedom Tobias Cole should be appreciated for a good write-up, let us not forget the fact that it is just a mere elaboration based on the original work of Subhash Kak. The article by Subhash Kak is available in the files section of the group at: Subhash Kak/Shri%20108%20and%20Other Mysteries.doc If you are in search of an online version then check at: http://www.cycleoftime.com/articles_view.php?codArtigo=48 Therefore I first appreciate Subhash Kak for sharing the original information with us, and then Froomdo Tobias Cole for writing an article based on the same. Love and regards,Sreenadh

, "Souvik Dutta" <explore_vulcan wrote:>> Dear members,> > Significance of 108 -> http://sohamsa.com/index.php?option=com_content & view=article & id=14:significance-of-108 & catid=18 & Itemid=30> > Thanks> > Souvik>