IndiaDivine.org

Span of Mahayuga according to Suryasiddhanta

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Vinayji,

Namaste,

You said as follows:

Your contention was about the length of divine year. Why you are emphasizing "revolutions of the Moon and the Jupiter" in this regard ? Is it not diversionary tactics ? How Jupiter's or Moon's revolutions can change the length of solar year ? And you say my insistence that Jupiter and Moon cannot change solar year is "proof" of my falsehood ! What an argument !

Unquote

This is because at the beginning of the discussions you quoted Suryasiddhanta and gave the number of revolutions of the Sun, the Moon and the Jupiter in a Mahayuga and you even gave the calculations for the revolutions of the Sun. I only want you to complete that by giving the relevant calculations for the number of revolutions of the Moon and the Jupiter in a Mahayuga. In my opinion, if your calculations for the number of the revolutions of the Moon and that of the Jupiter do not tally with the calculations for the number of revolutions of the Sun then arriving at any conclusion solely on the basis of the calculation for the revolutions of the Sun may appear to be a manipulated conclusion. What prevents you from giving the relevant calculations for the Moon and the Jupiter?

2)It appears that you are perturbed at my asking you the date of Lord Rama. We all the Hindus believe that Lord Rama was born in the Treta Yuga in the Ikshaku lineage coming down from Vaivasvata Manu. Since the Ikshaku lineage is given in the Purana and the last king of that family died in the Mahabharata war I think this also helps us in having an idea of the date of Lord Rama. Don't you think Lord Rama's date will allow us to confirm the yuga calculations?

3)Why do you have to mention about wine in your every mail. That topic was discussed quite some time ago in AIA in connection with your reference to Tantra. It seems you have misunderstood my reply mentioning about a maximum of the two tolas of wine. I mentioned that because you thought that Tantra practice involves drinking and some undesirable practices. I was telling you that the Tantras do allow some practitioners of Tantra to take a maximum of two tolas of wine though there are other recommendations too such as taking wine substitutes or taking alipana, which is just taking a drop of wine on the tip of the tongue. I also said that the two tolas is very much within the WHO recommended maximum safe limit of drinking. As you say that a monk has no interest in wine so please desist from mentioning wine any further. I never advised you to drink and that to a self-declared monk like you. You declared yourself to be a monk and as

I have not seen you you may, only if you please, let us know if you are Hindu monk or Biddhist monk or Jain monk or any other.

Regards,

Sunil K. Bhattacharjya--- On Thu, 5/21/09, Vinay Jha <vinayjhaa16 wrote:

Vinay Jha <vinayjhaa16Re: Re: Re: Span of Mahayuga according to Suryasiddhanta"Sunil Bhattacharjya" <sunil_bhattacharjyaThursday, May 21, 2009, 7:47 AM

Sunil Ji and others,As I told earlier, with verses sent to you, Suryasiddhanta clearly gives the number of days in a Mahayuga (1577917828), which can be possible only in 4320000 years and never in 12000 years. Why you call it my "manipulated calculations" ?You discuss with civility with others even when they differ, but when it comes to me you forget all norms of civility and truthfulness, and the cause is clear from your mails : you cannot tolerate a monk. Forget whether I am a monk or a rascal. Why my monkhood torments you ?