IndiaDivine.org

Walking towards the Moon for two days-effortless positivity

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

A man without meditation never comes to know the blessedness of life.

He can only feel complaints against life. Without meditation one's

approach is bound to be negative; one only picks the wrong things. One

picks the thorns in the rosebush and forgets about the flowers. That's

why you see the whole humanity in misery. It is of peoples' own

choice, they ready to jump upon anything that is wrong.x ----------------x-------------------------------x--------------------------------xA meditator is not a positive thinker, a meditator simply drops the

mind. And the moment the mind is gone there is positivity without any

effort -- an effortless positivity, a effortless affirmation of life.

Then suddenly it is all spring, then suddenly it is all a festival of

lights, and one for the first time experiences blissfulness,

blessedness, benediction; and out of that arises a gratitude towards

existence.

Osho,

Going All the Way

Chapter #27

, "Sreenadh" <sreesog wrote:>> > Dear All,> I would be attending a meditation camp for the coming two days and so> won't be present in the group.> Let the breath be slow....and let there be moonlight....let the streams> flow slow....and me be a feather that fly... Bye..> Love and regards,> Sreenadh>

Guest guest

Dear Sunil ji,Thanks for Osho's beautiful thoughts on meditation, I do admire them very much....and absolutely a path to gain the 'blessedness of life'.I hope you have heard of Vipassana Meditation, for which you need not sit cross-legged or in any other comfortable posture and focus your mind on something. It does not 'drops the mind'...but purifies the mind by eliminating causes of physical and mental pain. It is not a path to achieve 'mindlessness' but to gain 'mindfulness'.//"Vipassana" means clear insight into the real characteristics of body and mind. Vipassana bhavana (insight meditation) is sometimes called mindfulness meditation. The technique of vipassana uses mindfulness to note every detail of our mental and physical experience from moment-to-moment, with an unbiased attitude. By practicing mindfulness meditation we can see and actually remove the causes of suffering, which are within ourselves.To focus impartial attention on the present moment is the hallmark of vipassana. There is awareness and acceptance of whatever is occurring in the immediate now, without judging or adding to it. We see things as they actually are, free of subjective associations. Systematic vipassana practice eventually eliminates the cause of mental and physical pain, purifies the mind, and results in a stable happiness that isn't affected by moods or outward circumstances.Vipassana meditation comes from the tradition of Theravada Buddhism. (The Theravada school is based on a group of texts called the "Pali canon," which is widely regarded as the earliest surviving record of the Buddhist teachings). But you don't have to be a Buddhist to practice vipassana or benefit from developing mindfulness. It is not a religion. Vipassana is a simple, gentle technique suitable for men and women of any age, race or creed.blessings,Renu , "sunil nair" <astro_tellerkerala wrote:>> > > A man without meditation never comes to know the blessedness of life.> He can only feel complaints against life. Without meditation one's> approach is bound to be negative; one only picks the wrong things. One> picks the thorns in the rosebush and forgets about the flowers. That's> why you see the whole humanity in misery. It is of peoples' own> choice, they ready to jump upon anything that is wrong.> > x> ----------------x-------------------------------x-----------------------\> ---------x> A meditator is not a positive thinker, a meditator simply drops the> mind. And the moment the mind is gone there is positivity without any> effort -- an effortless positivity, a effortless affirmation of life.> Then suddenly it is all spring, then suddenly it is all a festival of> lights, and one for the first time experiences blissfulness,> blessedness, benediction; and out of that arises a gratitude towards> existence.> > Osho,> Going All the Way> Chapter #27> > > > > > > > , "Sreenadh"> sreesog@ wrote:> >> >> > Dear All,> > I would be attending a meditation camp for the coming two days and> so> > won't be present in the group.> > Let the breath be slow....and let there be moonlight....let the> streams> > flow slow....and me be a feather that fly... Bye..> > Love and regards,> > Sreenadh> >>

Guest guest

renu ji thanks for ur mail u said ######### But you don't have to be a Buddhist to practice vipassana #############yes i dont hav to b a budhist ,but what i lack is budhi ( intellegence ) rgrds sunil nair , "renunw" <renunw wrote:>> > Dear Sunil ji,> > Thanks for Osho's beautiful thoughts on meditation, I do admire them> very much....and absolutely a path to gain the 'blessedness of life'.> > I hope you have heard of Vipassana Meditation, for which you need not> sit cross-legged or in any other comfortable posture and focus your mind> on something. It does not 'drops the mind'...but purifies the mind by> eliminating causes of physical and mental pain. It is not a path to> achieve 'mindlessness' but to gain 'mindfulness'.> > //"Vipassana" means clear insight into the real characteristics of body> and mind. Vipassana bhavana (insight meditation) is sometimes called> mindfulness meditation. The technique of vipassana uses mindfulness to> note every detail of our mental and physical experience from> moment-to-moment, with an unbiased attitude. By practicing mindfulness> meditation we can see and actually remove the causes of suffering, which> are within ourselves.> > To focus impartial attention on the present moment is the hallmark of> vipassana. There is awareness and acceptance of whatever is occurring in> the immediate now, without judging or adding to it. We see things as> they actually are, free of subjective associations. Systematic vipassana> practice eventually eliminates the cause of mental and physical pain,> purifies the mind, and results in a stable happiness that isn't affected> by moods or outward circumstances.> > Vipassana meditation comes from the tradition of Theravada Buddhism.> (The Theravada school is based on a group of texts called the "Pali> canon," which is widely regarded as the earliest surviving record of the> Buddhist teachings). But you don't have to be a Buddhist to practice> vipassana or benefit from developing mindfulness. It is not a religion.> Vipassana is a simple, gentle technique suitable for men and women of> any age, race or creed.> > blessings,> > Renu> > > > > > > > , "sunil nair"> astro_tellerkerala@ wrote:> >> >> >> > A man without meditation never comes to know the blessedness of life.> > He can only feel complaints against life. Without meditation one's> > approach is bound to be negative; one only picks the wrong things. One> > picks the thorns in the rosebush and forgets about the flowers. That's> > why you see the whole humanity in misery. It is of peoples' own> > choice, they ready to jump upon anything that is wrong.> >> > x> >> ----------------x-------------------------------x-----------------------\> \> > ---------x> > A meditator is not a positive thinker, a meditator simply drops the> > mind. And the moment the mind is gone there is positivity without any> > effort -- an effortless positivity, a effortless affirmation of life.> > Then suddenly it is all spring, then suddenly it is all a festival of> > lights, and one for the first time experiences blissfulness,> > blessedness, benediction; and out of that arises a gratitude towards> > existence.> >> > Osho,> > Going All the Way> > Chapter #27> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> > , "Sreenadh"> > sreesog@ wrote:> > >> > >> > > Dear All,> > > I would be attending a meditation camp for the coming two days> and> > so> > > won't be present in the group.> > > Let the breath be slow....and let there be moonlight....let the> > streams> > > flow slow....and me be a feather that fly... Bye..> > > Love and regards,> > > Sreenadh> > >> >>

Guest guest

Dear Shri Sunil Nair ji,

Ha Ha. That was a good one.

Vipassana is just one of the gateways to reach God. Any other form of

Upasana will also lead one to the same Door.

Raj Yog, Bhakti Yoga, Jap Yoga and other Yogas.

If one removes the statement that " Vipasana come from the Buddhist

teachings " , then one will be able to impress this more upon the listener

to the advantages of the same.

regards,

Bhaskar.

, " sunil nair "

<astro_tellerkerala wrote:

>

>

> renu ji

>

> thanks for ur mail

>

> u said

> ######### But you don't have to be a Buddhist to practice vipassana

> #############

>

> yes i dont hav to b a budhist ,but what i lack is budhi ( intellegence

)

> [;)] [:))]

>

>

> rgrds sunil nair

>

>

> , " renunw " renunw@

> wrote:

> >

> >

> > Dear Sunil ji,

> >

> > Thanks for Osho's beautiful thoughts on meditation, I do admire them

> > very much....and absolutely a path to gain the 'blessedness of

life'.

> >

> > I hope you have heard of Vipassana Meditation, for which you need

not

> > sit cross-legged or in any other comfortable posture and focus your

> mind

> > on something. It does not 'drops the mind'...but purifies the mind

by

> > eliminating causes of physical and mental pain. It is not a path to

> > achieve 'mindlessness' but to gain 'mindfulness'.

> >

> > // " Vipassana " means clear insight into the real characteristics of

> body

> > and mind. Vipassana bhavana (insight meditation) is sometimes called

> > mindfulness meditation. The technique of vipassana uses mindfulness

to

> > note every detail of our mental and physical experience from

> > moment-to-moment, with an unbiased attitude. By practicing

mindfulness

> > meditation we can see and actually remove the causes of suffering,

> which

> > are within ourselves.

> >

> > To focus impartial attention on the present moment is the hallmark

of

> > vipassana. There is awareness and acceptance of whatever is

occurring

> in

> > the immediate now, without judging or adding to it. We see things as

> > they actually are, free of subjective associations. Systematic

> vipassana

> > practice eventually eliminates the cause of mental and physical

pain,

> > purifies the mind, and results in a stable happiness that isn't

> affected

> > by moods or outward circumstances.

> >

> > Vipassana meditation comes from the tradition of Theravada Buddhism.

> > (The Theravada school is based on a group of texts called the " Pali

> > canon, " which is widely regarded as the earliest surviving record of

> the

> > Buddhist teachings). But you don't have to be a Buddhist to practice

> > vipassana or benefit from developing mindfulness. It is not a

> religion.

> > Vipassana is a simple, gentle technique suitable for men and women

of

> > any age, race or creed.

> >

> > blessings,

> >

> > Renu

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > , " sunil nair "

> > astro_tellerkerala@ wrote:

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > A man without meditation never comes to know the blessedness of

> life.

> > > He can only feel complaints against life. Without meditation one's

> > > approach is bound to be negative; one only picks the wrong things.

> One

> > > picks the thorns in the rosebush and forgets about the flowers.

> That's

> > > why you see the whole humanity in misery. It is of peoples' own

> > > choice, they ready to jump upon anything that is wrong.

> > >

> > > x

> > >

> >

>

----------------x-------------------------------x-----------------------\

\

> \

> > \

> > > ---------x

> > > A meditator is not a positive thinker, a meditator simply drops

the

> > > mind. And the moment the mind is gone there is positivity without

> any

> > > effort -- an effortless positivity, a effortless affirmation of

> life.

> > > Then suddenly it is all spring, then suddenly it is all a festival

> of

> > > lights, and one for the first time experiences blissfulness,

> > > blessedness, benediction; and out of that arises a gratitude

towards

> > > existence.

> > >

> > > Osho,

> > > Going All the Way

> > > Chapter #27

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > , " Sreenadh "

> > > sreesog@ wrote:

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Dear All,

> > > > I would be attending a meditation camp for the coming two days

> > and

> > > so

> > > > won't be present in the group.

> > > > Let the breath be slow....and let there be moonlight....let the

> > > streams

> > > > flow slow....and me be a feather that fly... Bye..

> > > > Love and regards,

> > > > Sreenadh

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

respected bhaskar ji thanks for ur mail sure i was simply joking with our renu ji rgrds sunil nair , "Bhaskar" <bhaskar_jyotish wrote:>> > Dear Shri Sunil Nair ji,> > Ha Ha. That was a good one.> > Vipassana is just one of the gateways to reach God. Any other form of> Upasana will also lead one to the same Door.> > Raj Yog, Bhakti Yoga, Jap Yoga and other Yogas.> > If one removes the statement that " Vipasana come from the Buddhist> teachings", then one will be able to impress this more upon the listener> to the advantages of the same.> > regards,> > Bhaskar.> > > > > , "sunil nair"> astro_tellerkerala@ wrote:> >> >> > renu ji> >> > thanks for ur mail> >> > u said> > ######### But you don't have to be a Buddhist to practice vipassana> > #############> >> > yes i dont hav to b a budhist ,but what i lack is budhi ( intellegence> )> > [;)] [:))]> >> >> > rgrds sunil nair> >> >> > , "renunw" renunw@> > wrote:> > >> > >> > > Dear Sunil ji,> > >> > > Thanks for Osho's beautiful thoughts on meditation, I do admire them> > > very much....and absolutely a path to gain the 'blessedness of> life'.> > >> > > I hope you have heard of Vipassana Meditation, for which you need> not> > > sit cross-legged or in any other comfortable posture and focus your> > mind> > > on something. It does not 'drops the mind'...but purifies the mind> by> > > eliminating causes of physical and mental pain. It is not a path to> > > achieve 'mindlessness' but to gain 'mindfulness'.> > >> > > //"Vipassana" means clear insight into the real characteristics of> > body> > > and mind. Vipassana bhavana (insight meditation) is sometimes called> > > mindfulness meditation. The technique of vipassana uses mindfulness> to> > > note every detail of our mental and physical experience from> > > moment-to-moment, with an unbiased attitude. By practicing> mindfulness> > > meditation we can see and actually remove the causes of suffering,> > which> > > are within ourselves.> > >> > > To focus impartial attention on the present moment is the hallmark> of> > > vipassana. There is awareness and acceptance of whatever is> occurring> > in> > > the immediate now, without judging or adding to it. We see things as> > > they actually are, free of subjective associations. Systematic> > vipassana> > > practice eventually eliminates the cause of mental and physical> pain,> > > purifies the mind, and results in a stable happiness that isn't> > affected> > > by moods or outward circumstances.> > >> > > Vipassana meditation comes from the tradition of Theravada Buddhism.> > > (The Theravada school is based on a group of texts called the "Pali> > > canon," which is widely regarded as the earliest surviving record of> > the> > > Buddhist teachings). But you don't have to be a Buddhist to practice> > > vipassana or benefit from developing mindfulness. It is not a> > religion.> > > Vipassana is a simple, gentle technique suitable for men and women> of> > > any age, race or creed.> > >> > > blessings,> > >> > > Renu> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > > , "sunil nair"> > > astro_tellerkerala@ wrote:> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > A man without meditation never comes to know the blessedness of> > life.> > > > He can only feel complaints against life. Without meditation one's> > > > approach is bound to be negative; one only picks the wrong things.> > One> > > > picks the thorns in the rosebush and forgets about the flowers.> > That's> > > > why you see the whole humanity in misery. It is of peoples' own> > > > choice, they ready to jump upon anything that is wrong.> > > >> > > > x> > > >> > >> >> ----------------x-------------------------------x-----------------------\> \> > \> > > \> > > > ---------x> > > > A meditator is not a positive thinker, a meditator simply drops> the> > > > mind. And the moment the mind is gone there is positivity without> > any> > > > effort -- an effortless positivity, a effortless affirmation of> > life.> > > > Then suddenly it is all spring, then suddenly it is all a festival> > of> > > > lights, and one for the first time experiences blissfulness,> > > > blessedness, benediction; and out of that arises a gratitude> towards> > > > existence.> > > >> > > > Osho,> > > > Going All the Way> > > > Chapter #27> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > , "Sreenadh"> > > > sreesog@ wrote:> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > Dear All,> > > > > I would be attending a meditation camp for the coming two days> > > and> > > > so> > > > > won't be present in the group.> > > > > Let the breath be slow....and let there be moonlight....let the> > > > streams> > > > > flow slow....and me be a feather that fly... Bye..> > > > > Love and regards,> > > > > Sreenadh> > > > >> > > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

Dear Sunil ji and group,

I should have never mentioned about Vipassana Meditation to a non-Buddhist

audience. This will never happen again...I promise you. Ah...my lack of

budhdhi...pardon me please.

blessings,

Renu

, " sunil nair "

>

>

> renu ji

>

> thanks for ur mail

>

> u said

> ######### But you don't have to be a Buddhist to practice vipassana

> #############

>

> yes i dont hav to b a budhist ,but what i lack is budhi ( intellegence )

> [;)] [:))]

>

>

> rgrds sunil nair

>

>

> , " renunw " <renunw@>

> wrote:

> >

> >

> > Dear Sunil ji,

> >

> > Thanks for Osho's beautiful thoughts on meditation, I do admire them

> > very much....and absolutely a path to gain the 'blessedness of life'.

> >

> > I hope you have heard of Vipassana Meditation, for which you need not

> > sit cross-legged or in any other comfortable posture and focus your

> mind

> > on something. It does not 'drops the mind'...but purifies the mind by

> > eliminating causes of physical and mental pain. It is not a path to

> > achieve 'mindlessness' but to gain 'mindfulness'.

> >

> > // " Vipassana " means clear insight into the real characteristics of

> body

> > and mind. Vipassana bhavana (insight meditation) is sometimes called

> > mindfulness meditation. The technique of vipassana uses mindfulness to

> > note every detail of our mental and physical experience from

> > moment-to-moment, with an unbiased attitude. By practicing mindfulness

> > meditation we can see and actually remove the causes of suffering,

> which

> > are within ourselves.

> >

> > To focus impartial attention on the present moment is the hallmark of

> > vipassana. There is awareness and acceptance of whatever is occurring

> in

> > the immediate now, without judging or adding to it. We see things as

> > they actually are, free of subjective associations. Systematic

> vipassana

> > practice eventually eliminates the cause of mental and physical pain,

> > purifies the mind, and results in a stable happiness that isn't

> affected

> > by moods or outward circumstances.

> >

> > Vipassana meditation comes from the tradition of Theravada Buddhism.

> > (The Theravada school is based on a group of texts called the " Pali

> > canon, " which is widely regarded as the earliest surviving record of

> the

> > Buddhist teachings). But you don't have to be a Buddhist to practice

> > vipassana or benefit from developing mindfulness. It is not a

> religion.

> > Vipassana is a simple, gentle technique suitable for men and women of

> > any age, race or creed.

> >

> > blessings,

> >

> > Renu

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > , " sunil nair "

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > A man without meditation never comes to know the blessedness of

> life.

> > > He can only feel complaints against life. Without meditation one's

> > > approach is bound to be negative; one only picks the wrong things.

> One

> > > picks the thorns in the rosebush and forgets about the flowers.

> That's

> > > why you see the whole humanity in misery. It is of peoples' own

> > > choice, they ready to jump upon anything that is wrong.

> > >

> > > x

> > >

> >

> ----------------x-------------------------------x-----------------------\

> \

> > \

> > > ---------x

> > > A meditator is not a positive thinker, a meditator simply drops the

> > > mind. And the moment the mind is gone there is positivity without

> any

> > > effort -- an effortless positivity, a effortless affirmation of

> life.

> > > Then suddenly it is all spring, then suddenly it is all a festival

> of

> > > lights, and one for the first time experiences blissfulness,

> > > blessedness, benediction; and out of that arises a gratitude towards

> > > existence.

> > >

> > > Osho,

> > > Going All the Way

> > > Chapter #27

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > , " Sreenadh "

> > > sreesog@ wrote:

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Dear All,

> > > > I would be attending a meditation camp for the coming two days

> > and

> > > so

> > > > won't be present in the group.

> > > > Let the breath be slow....and let there be moonlight....let the

> > > streams

> > > > flow slow....and me be a feather that fly... Bye..

> > > > Love and regards,

> > > > Sreenadh

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

renu ji i was simply joking with u bhaskar ji simply mentioned we shud not giv color of religion to meditation technic s hindus blv budhism ,jainism ,sikhism ,yoga philosophy ,samkhya ,even nastika (non blvers in god who says everything originated accidentaly like todays science pakhsa Vadies ) ,astika ( those who blv there is god and he is behind the creation of universe -every thing happening in this universe is his leela -play ) ,tantrikas ,naiyayakas,mimamska s all kinds of blfs and philosophies happened in india ( we call it diffrnt paths and hall marks of indian religious tradition ) is offshoot and extention of Hinduism ( u can call it indian spiritualism than hindusim ) only ,as hinduism is a religion of millions of mahatmas ( rishies ,munies ,sants and sanyasies ) practised and preached ,so a naturaly evolved religion .which is evolving continuously too .So even u can see contradicting philosophies dont bother us .So I like to say here that ur worries has no place atleast here in this grp .rgrds sunil nair , "renunw" <renunw wrote:>> Dear Sunil ji and group,> > I should have never mentioned about Vipassana Meditation to a non-Buddhist audience. This will never happen again...I promise you. Ah...my lack of budhdhi...pardon me please. > > blessings,> > Renu> > > , "sunil nair" astro_tellerkerala@ wrote:> >> > > > renu ji> > > > thanks for ur mail> > > > u said> > ######### But you don't have to be a Buddhist to practice vipassana> > #############> > > > yes i dont hav to b a budhist ,but what i lack is budhi ( intellegence )> > [;)] [:))]> > > > > > rgrds sunil nair> > > > > > , "renunw" <renunw@>> > wrote:> > >> > >> > > Dear Sunil ji,> > >> > > Thanks for Osho's beautiful thoughts on meditation, I do admire them> > > very much....and absolutely a path to gain the 'blessedness of life'.> > >> > > I hope you have heard of Vipassana Meditation, for which you need not> > > sit cross-legged or in any other comfortable posture and focus your> > mind> > > on something. It does not 'drops the mind'...but purifies the mind by> > > eliminating causes of physical and mental pain. It is not a path to> > > achieve 'mindlessness' but to gain 'mindfulness'.> > >> > > //"Vipassana" means clear insight into the real characteristics of> > body> > > and mind. Vipassana bhavana (insight meditation) is sometimes called> > > mindfulness meditation. The technique of vipassana uses mindfulness to> > > note every detail of our mental and physical experience from> > > moment-to-moment, with an unbiased attitude. By practicing mindfulness> > > meditation we can see and actually remove the causes of suffering,> > which> > > are within ourselves.> > >> > > To focus impartial attention on the present moment is the hallmark of> > > vipassana. There is awareness and acceptance of whatever is occurring> > in> > > the immediate now, without judging or adding to it. We see things as> > > they actually are, free of subjective associations. Systematic> > vipassana> > > practice eventually eliminates the cause of mental and physical pain,> > > purifies the mind, and results in a stable happiness that isn't> > affected> > > by moods or outward circumstances.> > >> > > Vipassana meditation comes from the tradition of Theravada Buddhism.> > > (The Theravada school is based on a group of texts called the "Pali> > > canon," which is widely regarded as the earliest surviving record of> > the> > > Buddhist teachings). But you don't have to be a Buddhist to practice> > > vipassana or benefit from developing mindfulness. It is not a> > religion.> > > Vipassana is a simple, gentle technique suitable for men and women of> > > any age, race or creed.> > >> > > blessings,> > >> > > Renu> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > > , "sunil nair"> > > astro_tellerkerala@ wrote:> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > A man without meditation never comes to know the blessedness of> > life.> > > > He can only feel complaints against life. Without meditation one's> > > > approach is bound to be negative; one only picks the wrong things.> > One> > > > picks the thorns in the rosebush and forgets about the flowers.> > That's> > > > why you see the whole humanity in misery. It is of peoples' own> > > > choice, they ready to jump upon anything that is wrong.> > > >> > > > x> > > >> > >> > ----------------x-------------------------------x-----------------------\> > \> > > \> > > > ---------x> > > > A meditator is not a positive thinker, a meditator simply drops the> > > > mind. And the moment the mind is gone there is positivity without> > any> > > > effort -- an effortless positivity, a effortless affirmation of> > life.> > > > Then suddenly it is all spring, then suddenly it is all a festival> > of> > > > lights, and one for the first time experiences blissfulness,> > > > blessedness, benediction; and out of that arises a gratitude towards> > > > existence.> > > >> > > > Osho,> > > > Going All the Way> > > > Chapter #27> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > , "Sreenadh"> > > > sreesog@ wrote:> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > Dear All,> > > > > I would be attending a meditation camp for the coming two days> > > and> > > > so> > > > > won't be present in the group.> > > > > Let the breath be slow....and let there be moonlight....let the> > > > streams> > > > > flow slow....and me be a feather that fly... Bye..> > > > > Love and regards,> > > > > Sreenadh> > > > >> > > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

Dear Renuji,

There is nothing "Just related to Buddhism" about Vipassana Meditation.

There is nothing that it should "not be mentioned to a Non-Buddhist audience".

There is nothing just "Buddhism" attributed to it.

Buddhism is itself a branch of the Great Banyan tree "Hinduism". Additionally Vipasana was there even before the sect Buddhism was created.

The Link - http://www.dhamma.org/en/vipassana.shtml

Vipassana, which means to see things as they really are, is one of India's most ancient techniques of meditation. It was rediscovered by Gotama Buddha more than 2500 years ago and was taught by him as a universal remedy for universal ills, i.e., an Art Of Living.

So when you say that " Vipassana meditation comes from the tradition of Theravada Buddhism. " then it causes some emotions to flutter somewhere in staunch Hindus like myself.

best wishes,

Bhaskar.

, "renunw" <renunw wrote:>> Dear Sunil ji and group,> > I should have never mentioned about Vipassana Meditation to a non-Buddhist audience. This will never happen again...I promise you. Ah...my lack of budhdhi...pardon me please. > > blessings,> > Renu> > > , "sunil nair" astro_tellerkerala@ wrote:> >> > > > renu ji> > > > thanks for ur mail> > > > u said> > ######### But you don't have to be a Buddhist to practice vipassana> > #############> > > > yes i dont hav to b a budhist ,but what i lack is budhi ( intellegence )> > [;)] [:))]> > > > > > rgrds sunil nair> > > > > > , "renunw" <renunw@>> > wrote:> > >> > >> > > Dear Sunil ji,> > >> > > Thanks for Osho's beautiful thoughts on meditation, I do admire them> > > very much....and absolutely a path to gain the 'blessedness of life'.> > >> > > I hope you have heard of Vipassana Meditation, for which you need not> > > sit cross-legged or in any other comfortable posture and focus your> > mind> > > on something. It does not 'drops the mind'...but purifies the mind by> > > eliminating causes of physical and mental pain. It is not a path to> > > achieve 'mindlessness' but to gain 'mindfulness'.> > >> > > //"Vipassana" means clear insight into the real characteristics of> > body> > > and mind. Vipassana bhavana (insight meditation) is sometimes called> > > mindfulness meditation. The technique of vipassana uses mindfulness to> > > note every detail of our mental and physical experience from> > > moment-to-moment, with an unbiased attitude. By practicing mindfulness> > > meditation we can see and actually remove the causes of suffering,> > which> > > are within ourselves.> > >> > > To focus impartial attention on the present moment is the hallmark of> > > vipassana. There is awareness and acceptance of whatever is occurring> > in> > > the immediate now, without judging or adding to it. We see things as> > > they actually are, free of subjective associations. Systematic> > vipassana> > > practice eventually eliminates the cause of mental and physical pain,> > > purifies the mind, and results in a stable happiness that isn't> > affected> > > by moods or outward circumstances.> > >> > > Vipassana meditation comes from the tradition of Theravada Buddhism.> > > (The Theravada school is based on a group of texts called the "Pali> > > canon," which is widely regarded as the earliest surviving record of> > the> > > Buddhist teachings). But you don't have to be a Buddhist to practice> > > vipassana or benefit from developing mindfulness. It is not a> > religion.> > > Vipassana is a simple, gentle technique suitable for men and women of> > > any age, race or creed.> > >> > > blessings,> > >> > > Renu> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > > , "sunil nair"> > > astro_tellerkerala@ wrote:> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > A man without meditation never comes to know the blessedness of> > life.> > > > He can only feel complaints against life. Without meditation one's> > > > approach is bound to be negative; one only picks the wrong things.> > One> > > > picks the thorns in the rosebush and forgets about the flowers.> > That's> > > > why you see the whole humanity in misery. It is of peoples' own> > > > choice, they ready to jump upon anything that is wrong.> > > >> > > > x> > > >> > >> > ----------------x-------------------------------x-----------------------\> > \> > > \> > > > ---------x> > > > A meditator is not a positive thinker, a meditator simply drops the> > > > mind. And the moment the mind is gone there is positivity without> > any> > > > effort -- an effortless positivity, a effortless affirmation of> > life.> > > > Then suddenly it is all spring, then suddenly it is all a festival> > of> > > > lights, and one for the first time experiences blissfulness,> > > > blessedness, benediction; and out of that arises a gratitude towards> > > > existence.> > > >> > > > Osho,> > > > Going All the Way> > > > Chapter #27> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > , "Sreenadh"> > > > sreesog@ wrote:> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > Dear All,> > > > > I would be attending a meditation camp for the coming two days> > > and> > > > so> > > > > won't be present in the group.> > > > > Let the breath be slow....and let there be moonlight....let the> > > > streams> > > > > flow slow....and me be a feather that fly... Bye..> > > > > Love and regards,> > > > > Sreenadh> > > > >> > > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

Dear Shri Sunil Nairji,

Thank You for that demonstration of very mature understanding.

best wishes,

Love and regards,

Bhaskar.

, " sunil nair "

>

>

> renu ji

>

> i was simply joking with u

>

> bhaskar ji simply mentioned we shud not giv color of religion to

> meditation technic s

>

> hindus blv budhism ,jainism ,sikhism ,yoga philosophy ,samkhya ,even

> nastika (non blvers in god who says everything originated accidentaly

> like todays science pakhsa Vadies ) ,astika ( those who blv there is

god

> and he is behind the creation of universe -every thing happening in

this

> universe is his leela -play ) ,tantrikas ,naiyayakas,mimamska s all

> kinds of blfs and philosophies happened in india ( we call it diffrnt

> paths and hall marks of indian religious tradition ) is offshoot and

> extention of Hinduism ( u can call it indian spiritualism than

hindusim

> ) only ,as hinduism is a religion of millions of mahatmas ( rishies

> ,munies ,sants and sanyasies ) practised and preached ,so a naturaly

> evolved religion .which is evolving continuously too .

>

> So even u can see contradicting philosophies dont bother us .

>

> So I like to say here that ur worries has no place atleast here in

> this grp .

>

> rgrds sunil nair

>

, " renunw " renunw@

> wrote:

> >

> > Dear Sunil ji and group,

> >

> > I should have never mentioned about Vipassana Meditation to a

> non-Buddhist audience. This will never happen again...I promise you.

> Ah...my lack of budhdhi...pardon me please.

> >

> > blessings,

> >

> > Renu

> >

> >

> > , " sunil nair "

> astro_tellerkerala@ wrote:

> > >

> > >

> > > renu ji

> > >

> > > thanks for ur mail

> > >

> > > u said

> > > ######### But you don't have to be a Buddhist to practice

vipassana

> > > #############

> > >

> > > yes i dont hav to b a budhist ,but what i lack is budhi (

> intellegence )

> > > [;)] [:))]

> > >

> > >

> > > rgrds sunil nair

> > >

> > >

> > > , " renunw "

<renunw@>

> > > wrote:

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Dear Sunil ji,

> > > >

> > > > Thanks for Osho's beautiful thoughts on meditation, I do admire

> them

> > > > very much....and absolutely a path to gain the 'blessedness of

> life'.

> > > >

> > > > I hope you have heard of Vipassana Meditation, for which you

need

> not

> > > > sit cross-legged or in any other comfortable posture and focus

> your

> > > mind

> > > > on something. It does not 'drops the mind'...but purifies the

mind

> by

> > > > eliminating causes of physical and mental pain. It is not a path

> to

> > > > achieve 'mindlessness' but to gain 'mindfulness'.

> > > >

> > > > // " Vipassana " means clear insight into the real characteristics

of

> > > body

> > > > and mind. Vipassana bhavana (insight meditation) is sometimes

> called

> > > > mindfulness meditation. The technique of vipassana uses

> mindfulness to

> > > > note every detail of our mental and physical experience from

> > > > moment-to-moment, with an unbiased attitude. By practicing

> mindfulness

> > > > meditation we can see and actually remove the causes of

suffering,

> > > which

> > > > are within ourselves.

> > > >

> > > > To focus impartial attention on the present moment is the

hallmark

> of

> > > > vipassana. There is awareness and acceptance of whatever is

> occurring

> > > in

> > > > the immediate now, without judging or adding to it. We see

things

> as

> > > > they actually are, free of subjective associations. Systematic

> > > vipassana

> > > > practice eventually eliminates the cause of mental and physical

> pain,

> > > > purifies the mind, and results in a stable happiness that isn't

> > > affected

> > > > by moods or outward circumstances.

> > > >

> > > > Vipassana meditation comes from the tradition of Theravada

> Buddhism.

> > > > (The Theravada school is based on a group of texts called the

> " Pali

> > > > canon, " which is widely regarded as the earliest surviving

record

> of

> > > the

> > > > Buddhist teachings). But you don't have to be a Buddhist to

> practice

> > > > vipassana or benefit from developing mindfulness. It is not a

> > > religion.

> > > > Vipassana is a simple, gentle technique suitable for men and

women

> of

> > > > any age, race or creed.

> > > >

> > > > blessings,

> > > >

> > > > Renu

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > , " sunil nair "

> > > > astro_tellerkerala@ wrote:

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > A man without meditation never comes to know the blessedness

of

> > > life.

> > > > > He can only feel complaints against life. Without meditation

> one's

> > > > > approach is bound to be negative; one only picks the wrong

> things.

> > > One

> > > > > picks the thorns in the rosebush and forgets about the

flowers.

> > > That's

> > > > > why you see the whole humanity in misery. It is of peoples'

own

> > > > > choice, they ready to jump upon anything that is wrong.

> > > > >

> > > > > x

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

>

----------------x-------------------------------x-----------------------\

\

> \

> > > \

> > > > \

> > > > > ---------x

> > > > > A meditator is not a positive thinker, a meditator simply

drops

> the

> > > > > mind. And the moment the mind is gone there is positivity

> without

> > > any

> > > > > effort -- an effortless positivity, a effortless affirmation

of

> > > life.

> > > > > Then suddenly it is all spring, then suddenly it is all a

> festival

> > > of

> > > > > lights, and one for the first time experiences blissfulness,

> > > > > blessedness, benediction; and out of that arises a gratitude

> towards

> > > > > existence.

> > > > >

> > > > > Osho,

> > > > > Going All the Way

> > > > > Chapter #27

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > , " Sreenadh "

> > > > > sreesog@ wrote:

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Dear All,

> > > > > > I would be attending a meditation camp for the coming two

> days

> > > > and

> > > > > so

> > > > > > won't be present in the group.

> > > > > > Let the breath be slow....and let there be moonlight....let

> the

> > > > > streams

> > > > > > flow slow....and me be a feather that fly... Bye..

> > > > > > Love and regards,

> > > > > > Sreenadh

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

respected bhaskar ji Thanks if we all hav same opinion's what is the use a discussion s and discussion grps ( unlike some forum moderators says peace is important than intellectual /or even astrological discussions in a astrology grp) Let every one speak up their mind ,we r ready to hear every part ,every ideas ,every opinions .we r not arguemnting here that we r only correct ,rather we r informing and keep us informed too .sharing and same time learning .Let 1000 flowers blossom ,let 1000 ideas sprung up ,we r open ,we dont hav drylogics .all showing healthy signs of our mature grp ,and we hav no worries abt trojan s here ( u know what i mean ) regards sunil nair , "Bhaskar" <bhaskar_jyotish wrote:>> > Dear Shri Sunil Nairji,> > Thank You for that demonstration of very mature understanding.> > best wishes,> > Love and regards,> > Bhaskar.> > > > > , "sunil nair"> astro_tellerkerala@ wrote:> >> >> > renu ji> >> > i was simply joking with u> >> > bhaskar ji simply mentioned we shud not giv color of religion to> > meditation technic s> >> > hindus blv budhism ,jainism ,sikhism ,yoga philosophy ,samkhya ,even> > nastika (non blvers in god who says everything originated accidentaly> > like todays science pakhsa Vadies ) ,astika ( those who blv there is> god> > and he is behind the creation of universe -every thing happening in> this> > universe is his leela -play ) ,tantrikas ,naiyayakas,mimamska s all> > kinds of blfs and philosophies happened in india ( we call it diffrnt> > paths and hall marks of indian religious tradition ) is offshoot and> > extention of Hinduism ( u can call it indian spiritualism than> hindusim> > ) only ,as hinduism is a religion of millions of mahatmas ( rishies> > ,munies ,sants and sanyasies ) practised and preached ,so a naturaly> > evolved religion .which is evolving continuously too .> >> > So even u can see contradicting philosophies dont bother us .> >> > So I like to say here that ur worries has no place atleast here in> > this grp .> >> > rgrds sunil nair> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> > , "renunw" renunw@> > wrote:> > >> > > Dear Sunil ji and group,> > >> > > I should have never mentioned about Vipassana Meditation to a> > non-Buddhist audience. This will never happen again...I promise you.> > Ah...my lack of budhdhi...pardon me please.> > >> > > blessings,> > >> > > Renu> > >

Guest guest

Dear Sunil ji,//i was simply joking with u //No doubt about it....I enjoyed :)bhaskar ji simply mentioned we shud not giv color of religion to meditation technic sMy apologies for being short-sighted......I am the last to believe that 'the 'truth' belongs to a particular religion or a religious leader. It belongs only to those who realizes it...at least that is my opinion. blessings,Renu , "sunil nair" <astro_tellerkerala wrote:>> > renu ji> > i was simply joking with u> > bhaskar ji simply mentioned we shud not giv color of religion to> meditation technic s> > hindus blv budhism ,jainism ,sikhism ,yoga philosophy ,samkhya ,even> nastika (non blvers in god who says everything originated accidentaly> like todays science pakhsa Vadies ) ,astika ( those who blv there is god> and he is behind the creation of universe -every thing happening in this> universe is his leela -play ) ,tantrikas ,naiyayakas,mimamska s all> kinds of blfs and philosophies happened in india ( we call it diffrnt> paths and hall marks of indian religious tradition ) is offshoot and> extention of Hinduism ( u can call it indian spiritualism than hindusim> ) only ,as hinduism is a religion of millions of mahatmas ( rishies> ,munies ,sants and sanyasies ) practised and preached ,so a naturaly> evolved religion .which is evolving continuously too .> > So even u can see contradicting philosophies dont bother us .> > So I like to say here that ur worries has no place atleast here in> this grp .> > rgrds sunil nair> > > > > > > > , "renunw" renunw@> wrote:> >> > Dear Sunil ji and group,> >> > I should have never mentioned about Vipassana Meditation to a > non-Buddhist audience. This will never happen again...I promise you.> Ah...my lack of budhdhi...pardon me please.> >> > blessings,> >> > Renu> >> >> > , "sunil nair"> astro_tellerkerala@ wrote:> > >> > >> > > renu ji> > >> > > thanks for ur mail> > >> > > u said> > > ######### But you don't have to be a Buddhist to practice vipassana> > > #############> > >> > > yes i dont hav to b a budhist ,but what i lack is budhi (> intellegence )> > > [;)] [:))]> > >> > >> > > rgrds sunil nair> > >> > >> > > , "renunw" <renunw@>> > > wrote:> > > >> > > >> > > > Dear Sunil ji,> > > >> > > > Thanks for Osho's beautiful thoughts on meditation, I do admire> them> > > > very much....and absolutely a path to gain the 'blessedness of> life'.> > > >> > > > I hope you have heard of Vipassana Meditation, for which you need> not> > > > sit cross-legged or in any other comfortable posture and focus> your> > > mind> > > > on something. It does not 'drops the mind'...but purifies the mind> by> > > > eliminating causes of physical and mental pain. It is not a path> to> > > > achieve 'mindlessness' but to gain 'mindfulness'.> > > >> > > > //"Vipassana" means clear insight into the real characteristics of> > > body> > > > and mind. Vipassana bhavana (insight meditation) is sometimes> called> > > > mindfulness meditation. The technique of vipassana uses> mindfulness to> > > > note every detail of our mental and physical experience from> > > > moment-to-moment, with an unbiased attitude. By practicing> mindfulness> > > > meditation we can see and actually remove the causes of suffering,> > > which> > > > are within ourselves.> > > >> > > > To focus impartial attention on the present moment is the hallmark> of> > > > vipassana. There is awareness and acceptance of whatever is> occurring> > > in> > > > the immediate now, without judging or adding to it. We see things> as> > > > they actually are, free of subjective associations. Systematic> > > vipassana> > > > practice eventually eliminates the cause of mental and physical> pain,> > > > purifies the mind, and results in a stable happiness that isn't> > > affected> > > > by moods or outward circumstances.> > > >> > > > Vipassana meditation comes from the tradition of Theravada> Buddhism.> > > > (The Theravada school is based on a group of texts called the> "Pali> > > > canon," which is widely regarded as the earliest surviving record> of> > > the> > > > Buddhist teachings). But you don't have to be a Buddhist to> practice> > > > vipassana or benefit from developing mindfulness. It is not a> > > religion.> > > > Vipassana is a simple, gentle technique suitable for men and women> of> > > > any age, race or creed.> > > >> > > > blessings,> > > >> > > > Renu> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > , "sunil nair"> > > > astro_tellerkerala@ wrote:> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > A man without meditation never comes to know the blessedness of> > > life.> > > > > He can only feel complaints against life. Without meditation> one's> > > > > approach is bound to be negative; one only picks the wrong> things.> > > One> > > > > picks the thorns in the rosebush and forgets about the flowers.> > > That's> > > > > why you see the whole humanity in misery. It is of peoples' own> > > > > choice, they ready to jump upon anything that is wrong.> > > > >> > > > > x> > > > >> > > >> > >> ----------------x-------------------------------x-----------------------\> \> > > \> > > > \> > > > > ---------x> > > > > A meditator is not a positive thinker, a meditator simply drops> the> > > > > mind. And the moment the mind is gone there is positivity> without> > > any> > > > > effort -- an effortless positivity, a effortless affirmation of> > > life.> > > > > Then suddenly it is all spring, then suddenly it is all a> festival> > > of> > > > > lights, and one for the first time experiences blissfulness,> > > > > blessedness, benediction; and out of that arises a gratitude> towards> > > > > existence.> > > > >> > > > > Osho,> > > > > Going All the Way> > > > > Chapter #27> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > , "Sreenadh"> > > > > sreesog@ wrote:> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > Dear All,> > > > > > I would be attending a meditation camp for the coming two> days> > > > and> > > > > so> > > > > > won't be present in the group.> > > > > > Let the breath be slow....and let there be moonlight....let> the> > > > > streams> > > > > > flow slow....and me be a feather that fly... Bye..> > > > > > Love and regards,> > > > > > Sreenadh> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

Dear Bhaskar ji,//There is nothing "Just related to Buddhism" about Vipassana Meditation.

There is nothing that it should "not be mentioned to a Non-Buddhist audience".

There is nothing just "Buddhism" attributed to it.//

Thanks for the clarification...I do mean it. This is the advantage of being a member of a learned group. We were taught that 'Vipassana Meditation' was a unique feature of Buddhism, not found in any other religion. Even today almost every Theravada Buddhist thinks like that. That prompted me to write what I posted earlier.

//The Link - http://www.dhamma.org/en/vipassana.shtml

Vipassana, which means to see things as they really are, is one of India's most ancient techniques of meditation. It was rediscovered by Gotama Buddha more than 2500 years ago and was taught by him as a universal remedy for universal ills, i.e., an Art Of Living.// I agree...'it was rediscovered by Gotama Buddha'.....thanks for the link. 'TheTruth' and various paths to reach it have always being roaming the world. Our ignorance makes us blind. Also I am not surprised that present day Buddhist clergy trying to claim the ownership of 'Vipassana Meditation' . They teach us what they have learned. I am not surprised. A true Buddhist should not worry about the ownership but only of the teachings. Anyway it is the weakness of the human mind to claim as one's own something good. I did the same mistake...right?//So when you say that " Vipassana meditation comes from the tradition

of Theravada Buddhism. " then it causes some emotions to flutter

somewhere in staunch Hindus like myself.//Ha ha...I do understand....that is the problem with me too..'emotions flutter'. Anyway thanks for the warning bells when I was along the wrong path.blessings,Renu

> > > > > > , "renunw" renunw@> wrote:> >> > Dear Sunil ji and group,> >> > I should have never mentioned about Vipassana Meditation to a> non-Buddhist audience. This will never happen again...I promise you.> Ah...my lack of budhdhi...pardon me please.> >> > blessings,> >> > Renu> >> >> > , "sunil nair"> astro_tellerkerala@ wrote:> > >> > >> > > renu ji> > >> > > thanks for ur mail> > >> > > u said> > > ######### But you don't have to be a Buddhist to practice vipassana> > > #############> > >> > > yes i dont hav to b a budhist ,but what i lack is budhi (> intellegence )> > > [;)] [:))]> > >> > >> > > rgrds sunil nair> > >> > >> > > , "renunw" <renunw@>> > > wrote:> > > >> > > >> > > > Dear Sunil ji,> > > >> > > > Thanks for Osho's beautiful thoughts on meditation, I do admire> them> > > > very much....and absolutely a path to gain the 'blessedness of> life'.> > > >> > > > I hope you have heard of Vipassana Meditation, for which you need> not> > > > sit cross-legged or in any other comfortable posture and focus> your> > > mind> > > > on something. It does not 'drops the mind'...but purifies the mind> by> > > > eliminating causes of physical and mental pain. It is not a path> to> > > > achieve 'mindlessness' but to gain 'mindfulness'.> > > >> > > > //"Vipassana" means clear insight into the real characteristics of> > > body> > > > and mind. Vipassana bhavana (insight meditation) is sometimes> called> > > > mindfulness meditation. The technique of vipassana uses> mindfulness to> > > > note every detail of our mental and physical experience from> > > > moment-to-moment, with an unbiased attitude. By practicing> mindfulness> > > > meditation we can see and actually remove the causes of suffering,> > > which> > > > are within ourselves.> > > >> > > > To focus impartial attention on the present moment is the hallmark> of> > > > vipassana. There is awareness and acceptance of whatever is> occurring> > > in> > > > the immediate now, without judging or adding to it. We see things> as> > > > they actually are, free of subjective associations. Systematic> > > vipassana> > > > practice eventually eliminates the cause of mental and physical> pain,> > > > purifies the mind, and results in a stable happiness that isn't> > > affected> > > > by moods or outward circumstances.> > > >> > > > Vipassana meditation comes from the tradition of Theravada> Buddhism.> > > > (The Theravada school is based on a group of texts called the> "Pali> > > > canon," which is widely regarded as the earliest surviving record> of> > > the> > > > Buddhist teachings). But you don't have to be a Buddhist to> practice> > > > vipassana or benefit from developing mindfulness. It is not a> > > religion.> > > > Vipassana is a simple, gentle technique suitable for men and women> of> > > > any age, race or creed.> > > >> > > > blessings,> > > >> > > > Renu> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > , "sunil nair"> > > > astro_tellerkerala@ wrote:> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > A man without meditation never comes to know the blessedness of> > > life.> > > > > He can only feel complaints against life. Without meditation> one's> > > > > approach is bound to be negative; one only picks the wrong> things.> > > One> > > > > picks the thorns in the rosebush and forgets about the flowers.> > > That's> > > > > why you see the whole humanity in misery. It is of peoples' own> > > > > choice, they ready to jump upon anything that is wrong.> > > > >> > > > > x> > > > >> > > >> > >> ----------------x-------------------------------x-----------------------\> \> > > \> > > > \> > > > > ---------x> > > > > A meditator is not a positive thinker, a meditator simply drops> the> > > > > mind. And the moment the mind is gone there is positivity> without> > > any> > > > > effort -- an effortless positivity, a effortless affirmation of> > > life.> > > > > Then suddenly it is all spring, then suddenly it is all a> festival> > > of> > > > > lights, and one for the first time experiences blissfulness,> > > > > blessedness, benediction; and out of that arises a gratitude> towards> > > > > existence.> > > > >> > > > > Osho,> > > > > Going All the Way> > > > > Chapter #27> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > , "Sreenadh"> > > > > sreesog@ wrote:> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > Dear All,> > > > > > I would be attending a meditation camp for the coming two days> > > > and> > > > > so> > > > > > won't be present in the group.> > > > > > Let the breath be slow....and let there be moonlight....let> the> > > > > streams> > > > > > flow slow....and me be a feather that fly... Bye..> > > > > > Love and regards,> > > > > > Sreenadh> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

Thanks Renu ji,

That was a very caring and refined mail from you bringing close difference of opinions if any, from both sides.

This is very true that whatever comes from India, the Ancient Indians and the people who lived here, is the heritage or "Dharohar" which belongs to You, Me and Us. It is Ours.

I had attended a course "Land Mark Forum "about 15 years ago. They charged a hefty price for that. I remember the speaker asking us to define Life. And he finally in consequence told us that "Life has no Meaning ". I realize the meaning of those words, today in the essence of what he meant.

I carry my Ego, A Buddhist will carry his. A Jain will carry his. A Sikh, Catholic or Moslem will carry theirs. We pride on our Egoes and do not like it to be hurt ever, and whenever we are in face where our Ego is brought to any downsizing we are ready to confront (Like I did presently). But ultimately it has no meaning. For all of us are consigned to the flames or the Earth. Neither the Egoist nor the one who hurt the Egoist will remain after a few decades. Then what is the sense of all this Ego clashes. Who will remember you, me or the rest of us here after a passage of time? Nobody.

Yet knowing above wise ness we still tend to keep strutting our Egoes, which is another wonder of the world, just like the one when man sees another person being taken to the burial ground, for some time he remains gloomy but forgets instantly when he immerses back in his daily duties, that his number too will come. If he carries this realization all along, than no one will ever commit any evil act altogether.

But then our Egoes hold us up probably and make us stand wherever we stand.

But your take on this was marvelous and just, like Shri Sunil Nairji, very mature.

Love and regards,

Bhaskar.

, "renunw" <renunw wrote:>> > Dear Bhaskar ji,> > > //There is nothing "Just related to Buddhism" about Vipassana> Meditation.> > There is nothing that it should "not be mentioned to a Non-Buddhist> audience".> > There is nothing just "Buddhism" attributed to it.//> > Thanks for the clarification...I do mean it. This is the advantage of> being a member of a learned group. We were taught that 'Vipassana> Meditation' was a unique feature of Buddhism, not found in any other> religion. Even today almost every Theravada Buddhist thinks like that.> That prompted me to write what I posted earlier.> > > //The Link - http://www.dhamma.org/en/vipassana.shtml> <http://www.dhamma.org/en/vipassana.shtml>> > Vipassana, which means to see things as they really are, is one of> India's most ancient techniques of meditation. It was rediscovered by> Gotama Buddha more than 2500 years ago and was taught by him as a> universal remedy for universal ills, i.e., an Art Of Living> <http://www.dhamma.org/en/art.shtml> .//> > I agree...'it was rediscovered by Gotama Buddha'.....thanks for the> link.> > > 'TheTruth' and various paths to reach it have always being roaming the> world. Our ignorance makes us blind. Also I am not surprised that> present day Buddhist clergy trying to claim the ownership of 'Vipassana> Meditation' . They teach us what they have learned. I am not surprised.> A true Buddhist should not worry about the ownership but only of the> teachings. Anyway it is the weakness of the human mind to claim as one's> own something good. I did the same mistake...right?> > //So when you say that " Vipassana meditation comes from the tradition> of Theravada Buddhism. " then it causes some emotions to flutter> somewhere in staunch Hindus like myself.//> > Ha ha...I do understand....that is the problem with me too..'emotions> flutter'.> > Anyway thanks for the warning bells when I was along the wrong path.> > blessings,> > Renu> > > > > > >> >> >> >> >> > , "renunw" renunw@> > wrote:> > >> > > Dear Sunil ji and group,> > >> > > I should have never mentioned about Vipassana Meditation to a> > non-Buddhist audience. This will never happen again...I promise you.> > Ah...my lack of budhdhi...pardon me please.> > >> > > blessings,> > >> > > Renu> > >> > >> > > , "sunil nair"> > astro_tellerkerala@ wrote:> > > >> > > >> > > > renu ji> > > >> > > > thanks for ur mail> > > >> > > > u said> > > > ######### But you don't have to be a Buddhist to practice> vipassana> > > > #############> > > >> > > > yes i dont hav to b a budhist ,but what i lack is budhi (> > intellegence )> > > > [;)] [:))]> > > >> > > >> > > > rgrds sunil nair> > > >> > > >> > > > , "renunw"> <renunw@>> > > > wrote:> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > Dear Sunil ji,> > > > >> > > > > Thanks for Osho's beautiful thoughts on meditation, I do admire> > them> > > > > very much....and absolutely a path to gain the 'blessedness of> > life'.> > > > >> > > > > I hope you have heard of Vipassana Meditation, for which you> need> > not> > > > > sit cross-legged or in any other comfortable posture and focus> > your> > > > mind> > > > > on something. It does not 'drops the mind'...but purifies the> mind> > by> > > > > eliminating causes of physical and mental pain. It is not a path> > to> > > > > achieve 'mindlessness' but to gain 'mindfulness'.> > > > >> > > > > //"Vipassana" means clear insight into the real characteristics> of> > > > body> > > > > and mind. Vipassana bhavana (insight meditation) is sometimes> > called> > > > > mindfulness meditation. The technique of vipassana uses> > mindfulness to> > > > > note every detail of our mental and physical experience from> > > > > moment-to-moment, with an unbiased attitude. By practicing> > mindfulness> > > > > meditation we can see and actually remove the causes of> suffering,> > > > which> > > > > are within ourselves.> > > > >> > > > > To focus impartial attention on the present moment is the> hallmark> > of> > > > > vipassana. There is awareness and acceptance of whatever is> > occurring> > > > in> > > > > the immediate now, without judging or adding to it. We see> things> > as> > > > > they actually are, free of subjective associations. Systematic> > > > vipassana> > > > > practice eventually eliminates the cause of mental and physical> > pain,> > > > > purifies the mind, and results in a stable happiness that isn't> > > > affected> > > > > by moods or outward circumstances.> > > > >> > > > > Vipassana meditation comes from the tradition of Theravada> > Buddhism.> > > > > (The Theravada school is based on a group of texts called the> > "Pali> > > > > canon," which is widely regarded as the earliest surviving> record> > of> > > > the> > > > > Buddhist teachings). But you don't have to be a Buddhist to> > practice> > > > > vipassana or benefit from developing mindfulness. It is not a> > > > religion.> > > > > Vipassana is a simple, gentle technique suitable for men and> women> > of> > > > > any age, race or creed.> > > > >> > > > > blessings,> > > > >> > > > > Renu> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > , "sunil nair"> > > > > astro_tellerkerala@ wrote:> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > A man without meditation never comes to know the blessedness> of> > > > life.> > > > > > He can only feel complaints against life. Without meditation> > one's> > > > > > approach is bound to be negative; one only picks the wrong> > things.> > > > One> > > > > > picks the thorns in the rosebush and forgets about the> flowers.> > > > That's> > > > > > why you see the whole humanity in misery. It is of peoples'> own> > > > > > choice, they ready to jump upon anything that is wrong.> > > > > >> > > > > > x> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> >> ----------------x-------------------------------x-----------------------\> \> > \> > > > \> > > > > \> > > > > > ---------x> > > > > > A meditator is not a positive thinker, a meditator simply> drops> > the> > > > > > mind. And the moment the mind is gone there is positivity> > without> > > > any> > > > > > effort -- an effortless positivity, a effortless affirmation> of> > > > life.> > > > > > Then suddenly it is all spring, then suddenly it is all a> > festival> > > > of> > > > > > lights, and one for the first time experiences blissfulness,> > > > > > blessedness, benediction; and out of that arises a gratitude> > towards> > > > > > existence.> > > > > >> > > > > > Osho,> > > > > > Going All the Way> > > > > > Chapter #27> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > , "Sreenadh"> > > > > > sreesog@ wrote:> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > > Dear All,> > > > > > > I would be attending a meditation camp for the coming two> days> > > > > and> > > > > > so> > > > > > > won't be present in the group.> > > > > > > Let the breath be slow....and let there be moonlight....let> > the> > > > > > streams> > > > > > > flow slow....and me be a feather that fly... Bye..> > > > > > > Love and regards,> > > > > > > Sreenadh> > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

Bhaskar,

I read your mail.... it was a very nice mail.    I would like to add one

point(phrase)  here.... the fifth para what you are referring is called as

" Shmashaana vairaagya " that is you feel like there no life with in the burial

ground until you go through all the rituals what you are performing there of

your loved ones.... but the life resumes as soon as you are releaved of those

duties and come out of the cemetry....

That is life..........

NVR

Bhaskar <bhaskar_jyotish

Saturday, 6 June, 2009 11:55:45 AM

Re: Walking towards the Moon for two

days-effortless positivity

Thanks Renu ji,

That was a very caring and refined mail from you bringing close difference of

opinions if any, from both sides.

This is very true that whatever comes from India, the Ancient Indians and the

people who lived here, is the heritage or " Dharohar " which belongs to You, Me

and Us. It is Ours.

I had attended a course " Land Mark Forum " about 15 years ago. They charged a

hefty price for that. I remember the speaker asking us to define Life. And he

finally in consequence told us that " Life has no Meaning " . I realize the

meaning of those words, today in the essence of what he meant.

I carry my Ego, A Buddhist will carry his. A Jain will carry his. A Sikh,

Catholic or Moslem will carry theirs. We pride on our Egoes and do not like it

to be hurt ever, and whenever we are in face where our Ego is brought to any

downsizing we are ready to confront (Like I did presently). But ultimately it

has no meaning. For all of us are consigned to the flames or the Earth. Neither

the Egoist nor the one who hurt the Egoist will remain after a few decades. Then

what is the sense of all this Ego clashes. Who will remember you, me or the rest

of us here after a passage of time?  Nobody.

Yet knowing above wise ness we still tend to keep strutting our Egoes, which is

another wonder of the world, just like the one when man sees another person

being taken to the burial ground, for some time he remains gloomy but forgets

instantly when he immerses back in his daily duties, that his number too will

come. If he carries this realization all along, than no one will ever commit any

evil act altogether.

But then our Egoes hold us up probably and make us stand wherever we stand.

But your take on this was marvelous and just, like Shri Sunil Nairji, very

mature.

Love and regards,

Bhaskar.

ancient_indian_ astrology, " renunw " <renunw wrote:

>

>

> Dear Bhaskar ji,

>

>

> //There is nothing " Just related to Buddhism " about Vipassana

> Meditation.

>

> There is nothing that it should " not be mentioned to a Non-Buddhist

> audience " .

>

> There is nothing just " Buddhism " attributed to it.//

>

> Thanks for the clarification. ..I do mean it. This is the advantage of

> being a member of a learned group. We were taught that 'Vipassana

> Meditation' was a unique feature of Buddhism, not found in any other

> religion. Even today almost every Theravada Buddhist thinks like that.

> That prompted me to write what I posted earlier.

>

>

> //The Link - http://www.dhamma. org/en/vipassana .shtml

> <http://www.dhamma. org/en/vipassana .shtml>

>

> Vipassana, which means to see things as they really are, is one of

> India's most ancient techniques of meditation. It was rediscovered by

> Gotama Buddha more than 2500 years ago and was taught by him as a

> universal remedy for universal ills, i.e., an Art Of Living

> <http://www.dhamma. org/en/art. shtml> .//

>

> I agree...'it was rediscovered by Gotama Buddha'..... thanks for the

> link.

>

>

> 'TheTruth' and various paths to reach it have always being roaming the

> world. Our ignorance makes us blind. Also I am not surprised that

> present day Buddhist clergy trying to claim the ownership of 'Vipassana

> Meditation' . They teach us what they have learned. I am not surprised.

> A true Buddhist should not worry about the ownership but only of the

> teachings. Anyway it is the weakness of the human mind to claim as one's

> own something good. I did the same mistake...right?

>

> //So when you say that " Vipassana meditation comes from the tradition

> of Theravada Buddhism. " then it causes some emotions to flutter

> somewhere in staunch Hindus like myself.//

>

> Ha ha...I do understand.. ..that is the problem with me too..'emotions

> flutter'.

>

> Anyway thanks for the warning bells when I was along the wrong path.

>

> blessings,

>

> Renu

>

>

>

>

>

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > ancient_indian_ astrology, " renunw " renunw@

> > wrote:

> > >

> > > Dear Sunil ji and group,

> > >

> > > I should have never mentioned about Vipassana Meditation to a

> > non-Buddhist audience. This will never happen again...I promise you.

> > Ah...my lack of budhdhi...pardon me please.

> > >

> > > blessings,

> > >

> > > Renu

> > >

> > >

> > > ancient_indian_ astrology, " sunil nair "

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > renu ji

> > > >

> > > > thanks for ur mail

> > > >

> > > > u said

> > > > ######### But you don't have to be a Buddhist to practice

> vipassana

> > > > ############ #

> > > >

> > > > yes i dont hav to b a budhist ,but what i lack is budhi (

> > intellegence )

> > > > [;)] [:))]

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > rgrds sunil nair

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > ancient_indian_ astrology, " renunw "

> <renunw@>

> > > > wrote:

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Dear Sunil ji,

> > > > >

> > > > > Thanks for Osho's beautiful thoughts on meditation, I do admire

> > them

> > > > > very much....and absolutely a path to gain the 'blessedness of

> > life'.

> > > > >

> > > > > I hope you have heard of Vipassana Meditation, for which you

> need

> > not

> > > > > sit cross-legged or in any other comfortable posture and focus

> > your

> > > > mind

> > > > > on something. It does not 'drops the mind'...but purifies the

> mind

> > by

> > > > > eliminating causes of physical and mental pain. It is not a path

> > to

> > > > > achieve 'mindlessness' but to gain 'mindfulness' .

> > > > >

> > > > > // " Vipassana " means clear insight into the real characteristics

> of

> > > > body

> > > > > and mind. Vipassana bhavana (insight meditation) is sometimes

> > called

> > > > > mindfulness meditation. The technique of vipassana uses

> > mindfulness to

> > > > > note every detail of our mental and physical experience from

> > > > > moment-to-moment, with an unbiased attitude. By practicing

> > mindfulness

> > > > > meditation we can see and actually remove the causes of

> suffering,

> > > > which

> > > > > are within ourselves.

> > > > >

> > > > > To focus impartial attention on the present moment is the

> hallmark

> > of

> > > > > vipassana. There is awareness and acceptance of whatever is

> > occurring

> > > > in

> > > > > the immediate now, without judging or adding to it. We see

> things

> > as

> > > > > they actually are, free of subjective associations. Systematic

> > > > vipassana

> > > > > practice eventually eliminates the cause of mental and physical

> > pain,

> > > > > purifies the mind, and results in a stable happiness that isn't

> > > > affected

> > > > > by moods or outward circumstances.

> > > > >

> > > > > Vipassana meditation comes from the tradition of Theravada

> > Buddhism.

> > > > > (The Theravada school is based on a group of texts called the

> > " Pali

> > > > > canon, " which is widely regarded as the earliest surviving

> record

> > of

> > > > the

> > > > > Buddhist teachings). But you don't have to be a Buddhist to

> > practice

> > > > > vipassana or benefit from developing mindfulness. It is not a

> > > > religion.

> > > > > Vipassana is a simple, gentle technique suitable for men and

> women

> > of

> > > > > any age, race or creed.

> > > > >

> > > > > blessings,

> > > > >

> > > > > Renu

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > ancient_indian_ astrology, " sunil nair "

> > > > > astro_tellerkerala@ wrote:

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > A man without meditation never comes to know the blessedness

> of

> > > > life.

> > > > > > He can only feel complaints against life. Without meditation

> > one's

> > > > > > approach is bound to be negative; one only picks the wrong

> > things.

> > > > One

> > > > > > picks the thorns in the rosebush and forgets about the

> flowers.

> > > > That's

> > > > > > why you see the whole humanity in misery.. It is of peoples'

> own

> > > > > > choice, they ready to jump upon anything that is wrong.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > x

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> >

> ------------ ----x---- --------- --------- --------- x-------- ---------

------\

> \

> > \

> > > > \

> > > > > \

> > > > > > ---------x

> > > > > > A meditator is not a positive thinker, a meditator simply

> drops

> > the

> > > > > > mind. And the moment the mind is gone there is positivity

> > without

> > > > any

> > > > > > effort -- an effortless positivity, a effortless affirmation

> of

> > > > life.

> > > > > > Then suddenly it is all spring, then suddenly it is all a

> > festival

> > > > of

> > > > > > lights, and one for the first time experiences blissfulness,

> > > > > > blessedness, benediction; and out of that arises a gratitude

> > towards

> > > > > > existence.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Osho,

> > > > > > Going All the Way

> > > > > > Chapter #27

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > ancient_indian_ astrology, " Sreenadh "

> > > > > > sreesog@ wrote:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Dear All,

> > > > > > > I would be attending a meditation camp for the coming two

> days

> > > > > and

> > > > > > so

> > > > > > > won't be present in the group.

> > > > > > > Let the breath be slow....and let there be moonlight... .let

> > the

> > > > > > streams

> > > > > > > flow slow....and me be a feather that fly... Bye..

> > > > > > > Love and regards,

> > > > > > > Sreenadh

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Bring your gang together. Do your thing. Find your favourite group

at http://in.promos./groups/

Guest guest

Dear Ravishankarji,

Yes of course it is " Smashaan Vairaagya " . You are right.

regards/Bhaskar.

, " N.V.Ravishankar

Shankar " <nvravishankar wrote:

>

>

>

>

> Bhaskar,

>

> I read your mail.... it was a very nice mail. I would like to add

one point(phrase) here.... the fifth para what you are referring is

called as " Shmashaana vairaagya " that is you feel like there no life

with in the burial ground until you go through all the rituals what you

are performing there of your loved ones.... but the life resumes as soon

as you are releaved of those duties and come out of the cemetry....

>

> That is life..........

>

> NVR

>

>

>

>

> ________________________________

> Bhaskar bhaskar_jyotish

>

> Saturday, 6 June, 2009 11:55:45 AM

> Re: Walking towards the Moon for

two days-effortless positivity

>

>

>

>

>

> Thanks Renu ji,

> That was a very caring and refined mail from you bringing close

difference of opinions if any, from both sides.

> This is very true that whatever comes from India, the Ancient Indians

and the people who lived here, is the heritage or " Dharohar " which

belongs to You, Me and Us. It is Ours.

> I had attended a course " Land Mark Forum " about 15 years ago. They

charged a hefty price for that. I remember the speaker asking us to

define Life. And he finally in consequence told us that " Life has no

Meaning " . I realize the meaning of those words, today in the essence of

what he meant.

> I carry my Ego, A Buddhist will carry his. A Jain will carry his. A

Sikh, Catholic or Moslem will carry theirs. We pride on our Egoes and do

not like it to be hurt ever, and whenever we are in face where our Ego

is brought to any downsizing we are ready to confront (Like I did

presently). But ultimately it has no meaning. For all of us are

consigned to the flames or the Earth. Neither the Egoist nor the one who

hurt the Egoist will remain after a few decades. Then what is the sense

of all this Ego clashes. Who will remember you, me or the rest of us

here after a passage of time? Nobody.

> Yet knowing above wise ness we still tend to keep strutting our Egoes,

which is another wonder of the world, just like the one when man sees

another person being taken to the burial ground, for some time he

remains gloomy but forgets instantly when he immerses back in his daily

duties, that his number too will come. If he carries this realization

all along, than no one will ever commit any evil act altogether.

> But then our Egoes hold us up probably and make us stand wherever we

stand.

> But your take on this was marvelous and just, like Shri Sunil Nairji,

very mature.

> Love and regards,

> Bhaskar.

>

>

>

>

> ancient_indian_ astrology, " renunw " renunw@

wrote:

> >

> >

> > Dear Bhaskar ji,

> >

> >

> > //There is nothing " Just related to Buddhism " about Vipassana

> > Meditation.

> >

> > There is nothing that it should " not be mentioned to a Non-Buddhist

> > audience " .

> >

> > There is nothing just " Buddhism " attributed to it.//

> >

> > Thanks for the clarification. ..I do mean it. This is the advantage

of

> > being a member of a learned group. We were taught that 'Vipassana

> > Meditation' was a unique feature of Buddhism, not found in any other

> > religion. Even today almost every Theravada Buddhist thinks like

that.

> > That prompted me to write what I posted earlier.

> >

> >

> > //The Link - http://www.dhamma. org/en/vipassana .shtml

> > <http://www.dhamma. org/en/vipassana .shtml>

> >

> > Vipassana, which means to see things as they really are, is one of

> > India's most ancient techniques of meditation. It was rediscovered

by

> > Gotama Buddha more than 2500 years ago and was taught by him as a

> > universal remedy for universal ills, i.e., an Art Of Living

> > <http://www.dhamma. org/en/art. shtml> .//

> >

> > I agree...'it was rediscovered by Gotama Buddha'..... thanks for the

> > link.

> >

> >

> > 'TheTruth' and various paths to reach it have always being roaming

the

> > world. Our ignorance makes us blind. Also I am not surprised that

> > present day Buddhist clergy trying to claim the ownership of

'Vipassana

> > Meditation' . They teach us what they have learned. I am not

surprised.

> > A true Buddhist should not worry about the ownership but only of the

> > teachings. Anyway it is the weakness of the human mind to claim as

one's

> > own something good. I did the same mistake...right?

> >

> > //So when you say that " Vipassana meditation comes from the

tradition

> > of Theravada Buddhism. " then it causes some emotions to flutter

> > somewhere in staunch Hindus like myself.//

> >

> > Ha ha...I do understand.. ..that is the problem with me

too..'emotions

> > flutter'.

> >

> > Anyway thanks for the warning bells when I was along the wrong path.

> >

> > blessings,

> >

> > Renu

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > ancient_indian_ astrology, " renunw "

renunw@

> > > wrote:

> > > >

> > > > Dear Sunil ji and group,

> > > >

> > > > I should have never mentioned about Vipassana Meditation to a

> > > non-Buddhist audience. This will never happen again...I promise

you.

> > > Ah...my lack of budhdhi...pardon me please.

> > > >

> > > > blessings,

> > > >

> > > > Renu

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > ancient_indian_ astrology, " sunil nair "

> > > astro_tellerkerala@ wrote:

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > renu ji

> > > > >

> > > > > thanks for ur mail

> > > > >

> > > > > u said

> > > > > ######### But you don't have to be a Buddhist to practice

> > vipassana

> > > > > ############ #

> > > > >

> > > > > yes i dont hav to b a budhist ,but what i lack is budhi (

> > > intellegence )

> > > > > [;)] [:))]

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > rgrds sunil nair

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > ancient_indian_ astrology, " renunw "

> > <renunw@>

> > > > > wrote:

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Dear Sunil ji,

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Thanks for Osho's beautiful thoughts on meditation, I do

admire

> > > them

> > > > > > very much....and absolutely a path to gain the 'blessedness

of

> > > life'.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I hope you have heard of Vipassana Meditation, for which you

> > need

> > > not

> > > > > > sit cross-legged or in any other comfortable posture and

focus

> > > your

> > > > > mind

> > > > > > on something. It does not 'drops the mind'...but purifies

the

> > mind

> > > by

> > > > > > eliminating causes of physical and mental pain. It is not a

path

> > > to

> > > > > > achieve 'mindlessness' but to gain 'mindfulness' .

> > > > > >

> > > > > > // " Vipassana " means clear insight into the real

characteristics

> > of

> > > > > body

> > > > > > and mind. Vipassana bhavana (insight meditation) is

sometimes

> > > called

> > > > > > mindfulness meditation. The technique of vipassana uses

> > > mindfulness to

> > > > > > note every detail of our mental and physical experience from

> > > > > > moment-to-moment, with an unbiased attitude. By practicing

> > > mindfulness

> > > > > > meditation we can see and actually remove the causes of

> > suffering,

> > > > > which

> > > > > > are within ourselves.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > To focus impartial attention on the present moment is the

> > hallmark

> > > of

> > > > > > vipassana. There is awareness and acceptance of whatever is

> > > occurring

> > > > > in

> > > > > > the immediate now, without judging or adding to it. We see

> > things

> > > as

> > > > > > they actually are, free of subjective associations.

Systematic

> > > > > vipassana

> > > > > > practice eventually eliminates the cause of mental and

physical

> > > pain,

> > > > > > purifies the mind, and results in a stable happiness that

isn't

> > > > > affected

> > > > > > by moods or outward circumstances.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Vipassana meditation comes from the tradition of Theravada

> > > Buddhism.

> > > > > > (The Theravada school is based on a group of texts called

the

> > > " Pali

> > > > > > canon, " which is widely regarded as the earliest surviving

> > record

> > > of

> > > > > the

> > > > > > Buddhist teachings). But you don't have to be a Buddhist to

> > > practice

> > > > > > vipassana or benefit from developing mindfulness. It is not

a

> > > > > religion.

> > > > > > Vipassana is a simple, gentle technique suitable for men and

> > women

> > > of

> > > > > > any age, race or creed.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > blessings,

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Renu

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > ancient_indian_ astrology, " sunil

nair "

> > > > > > astro_tellerkerala@ wrote:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > A man without meditation never comes to know the

blessedness

> > of

> > > > > life.

> > > > > > > He can only feel complaints against life. Without

meditation

> > > one's

> > > > > > > approach is bound to be negative; one only picks the wrong

> > > things.

> > > > > One

> > > > > > > picks the thorns in the rosebush and forgets about the

> > flowers.

> > > > > That's

> > > > > > > why you see the whole humanity in misery.. It is of

peoples'

> > own

> > > > > > > choice, they ready to jump upon anything that is wrong.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > x

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > >

> > ------------ ----x---- --------- --------- --------- x--------

--------- ------\

> > \

> > > \

> > > > > \

> > > > > > \

> > > > > > > ---------x

> > > > > > > A meditator is not a positive thinker, a meditator simply

> > drops

> > > the

> > > > > > > mind. And the moment the mind is gone there is positivity

> > > without

> > > > > any

> > > > > > > effort -- an effortless positivity, a effortless

affirmation

> > of

> > > > > life.

> > > > > > > Then suddenly it is all spring, then suddenly it is all a

> > > festival

> > > > > of

> > > > > > > lights, and one for the first time experiences

blissfulness,

> > > > > > > blessedness, benediction; and out of that arises a

gratitude

> > > towards

> > > > > > > existence.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Osho,

> > > > > > > Going All the Way

> > > > > > > Chapter #27

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > ancient_indian_ astrology,

" Sreenadh "

> > > > > > > sreesog@ wrote:

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Dear All,

> > > > > > > > I would be attending a meditation camp for the coming

two

> > days

> > > > > > and

> > > > > > > so

> > > > > > > > won't be present in the group.

> > > > > > > > Let the breath be slow....and let there be moonlight...

..let

> > > the

> > > > > > > streams

> > > > > > > > flow slow....and me be a feather that fly... Bye..

> > > > > > > > Love and regards,

> > > > > > > > Sreenadh

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

>

>

>

> Bring your gang together. Do your thing. Find your favourite

group at http://in.promos./groups/

>

Guest guest

Dear Bhaskar ji,Now it's my turn to thank you for such sagacious thoughts on 'ego' and its reality. That was indeed beautiful....and I hope everyone here would read it.I can understand your pride in India. Even Buddhism was brought to SL from India, thereby influencing her culture as well.//But your take on this was marvelous and just, like Shri Sunil Nairji, very mature.//Thanks. Sure, I am very matured than Sunil ji...that is in age ...... but not in wisdom. He, you and a few others in the group are far beyond.....I am just trying to catch a glimpse.And finally...it is nice to have an ego clash occassionally.....its thought-provoking and knocks some sense into our ignorant minds. blessings,Renu , "Bhaskar" <bhaskar_jyotish wrote:>> > Thanks Renu ji,> > That was a very caring and refined mail from you bringing close> difference of opinions if any, from both sides.> > This is very true that whatever comes from India, the Ancient Indians> and the people who lived here, is the heritage or "Dharohar"> which belongs to You, Me and Us. It is Ours.> > I had attended a course "Land Mark Forum "about 15 years ago.> They charged a hefty price for that. I remember the speaker asking us to> define Life. And he finally in consequence told us that "Life has no> Meaning ". I realize the meaning of those words, today in the> essence of what he meant.> > I carry my Ego, A Buddhist will carry his. A Jain will carry his. A> Sikh, Catholic or Moslem will carry theirs. We pride on our Egoes and do> not like it to be hurt ever, and whenever we are in face where our Ego> is brought to any downsizing we are ready to confront (Like I did> presently). But ultimately it has no meaning. For all of us are> consigned to the flames or the Earth. Neither the Egoist nor the one who> hurt the Egoist will remain after a few decades. Then what is the sense> of all this Ego clashes. Who will remember you, me or the rest of us> here after a passage of time? Nobody.> > Yet knowing above wise ness we still tend to keep strutting our Egoes,> which is another wonder of the world, just like the one when man sees> another person being taken to the burial ground, for some time he> remains gloomy but forgets instantly when he immerses back in his daily> duties, that his number too will come. If he carries this realization> all along, than no one will ever commit any evil act altogether.> > But then our Egoes hold us up probably and make us stand wherever we> stand.> > But your take on this was marvelous and just, like Shri Sunil Nairji,> very mature.> > Love and regards,> > Bhaskar.> > > > > > > > > > , "renunw" renunw@> wrote:> >> >> > Dear Bhaskar ji,> >> >> > //There is nothing "Just related to Buddhism" about Vipassana> > Meditation.> >> > There is nothing that it should "not be mentioned to a Non-Buddhist> > audience".> >> > There is nothing just "Buddhism" attributed to it.//> >> > Thanks for the clarification...I do mean it. This is the advantage of> > being a member of a learned group. We were taught that 'Vipassana> > Meditation' was a unique feature of Buddhism, not found in any other> > religion. Even today almost every Theravada Buddhist thinks like that.> > That prompted me to write what I posted earlier.> >> >> > //The Link - http://www.dhamma.org/en/vipassana.shtml> > <http://www.dhamma.org/en/vipassana.shtml>> >> > Vipassana, which means to see things as they really are, is one of> > India's most ancient techniques of meditation. It was rediscovered by> > Gotama Buddha more than 2500 years ago and was taught by him as a> > universal remedy for universal ills, i.e., an Art Of Living> > <http://www.dhamma.org/en/art.shtml> .//> >> > I agree...'it was rediscovered by Gotama Buddha'.....thanks for the> > link.> >> >> > 'TheTruth' and various paths to reach it have always being roaming the> > world. Our ignorance makes us blind. Also I am not surprised that> > present day Buddhist clergy trying to claim the ownership of> 'Vipassana> > Meditation' . They teach us what they have learned. I am not> surprised.> > A true Buddhist should not worry about the ownership but only of the> > teachings. Anyway it is the weakness of the human mind to claim as> one's> > own something good. I did the same mistake...right?> >> > //So when you say that " Vipassana meditation comes from the tradition> > of Theravada Buddhism. " then it causes some emotions to flutter> > somewhere in staunch Hindus like myself.//> >> > Ha ha...I do understand....that is the problem with me too..'emotions> > flutter'.> >> > Anyway thanks for the warning bells when I was along the wrong path.> >> > blessings,> >> > Renu> >> >> >> >> >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > > , "renunw" renunw@> > > wrote:> > > >> > > > Dear Sunil ji and group,> > > >> > > > I should have never mentioned about Vipassana Meditation to a> > > non-Buddhist audience. This will never happen again...I promise you.> > > Ah...my lack of budhdhi...pardon me please.> > > >> > > > blessings,> > > >> > > > Renu> > > >> > > >> > > > , "sunil nair"> > > astro_tellerkerala@ wrote:> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > renu ji> > > > >> > > > > thanks for ur mail> > > > >> > > > > u said> > > > > ######### But you don't have to be a Buddhist to practice> > vipassana> > > > > #############> > > > >> > > > > yes i dont hav to b a budhist ,but what i lack is budhi (> > > intellegence )> > > > > [;)] [:))]> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > rgrds sunil nair> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > , "renunw"> > <renunw@>> > > > > wrote:> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > Dear Sunil ji,> > > > > >> > > > > > Thanks for Osho's beautiful thoughts on meditation, I do> admire> > > them> > > > > > very much....and absolutely a path to gain the 'blessedness of> > > life'.> > > > > >> > > > > > I hope you have heard of Vipassana Meditation, for which you> > need> > > not> > > > > > sit cross-legged or in any other comfortable posture and focus> > > your> > > > > mind> > > > > > on something. It does not 'drops the mind'...but purifies the> > mind> > > by> > > > > > eliminating causes of physical and mental pain. It is not a> path> > > to> > > > > > achieve 'mindlessness' but to gain 'mindfulness'.> > > > > >> > > > > > //"Vipassana" means clear insight into the real> characteristics> > of> > > > > body> > > > > > and mind. Vipassana bhavana (insight meditation) is sometimes> > > called> > > > > > mindfulness meditation. The technique of vipassana uses> > > mindfulness to> > > > > > note every detail of our mental and physical experience from> > > > > > moment-to-moment, with an unbiased attitude. By practicing> > > mindfulness> > > > > > meditation we can see and actually remove the causes of> > suffering,> > > > > which> > > > > > are within ourselves.> > > > > >> > > > > > To focus impartial attention on the present moment is the> > hallmark> > > of> > > > > > vipassana. There is awareness and acceptance of whatever is> > > occurring> > > > > in> > > > > > the immediate now, without judging or adding to it. We see> > things> > > as> > > > > > they actually are, free of subjective associations. Systematic> > > > > vipassana> > > > > > practice eventually eliminates the cause of mental and> physical> > > pain,> > > > > > purifies the mind, and results in a stable happiness that> isn't> > > > > affected> > > > > > by moods or outward circumstances.> > > > > >> > > > > > Vipassana meditation comes from the tradition of Theravada> > > Buddhism.> > > > > > (The Theravada school is based on a group of texts called the> > > "Pali> > > > > > canon," which is widely regarded as the earliest surviving> > record> > > of> > > > > the> > > > > > Buddhist teachings). But you don't have to be a Buddhist to> > > practice> > > > > > vipassana or benefit from developing mindfulness. It is not a> > > > > religion.> > > > > > Vipassana is a simple, gentle technique suitable for men and> > women> > > of> > > > > > any age, race or creed.> > > > > >> > > > > > blessings,> > > > > >> > > > > > Renu> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > , "sunil nair"> > > > > > astro_tellerkerala@ wrote:> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > > A man without meditation never comes to know the blessedness> > of> > > > > life.> > > > > > > He can only feel complaints against life. Without meditation> > > one's> > > > > > > approach is bound to be negative; one only picks the wrong> > > things.> > > > > One> > > > > > > picks the thorns in the rosebush and forgets about the> > flowers.> > > > > That's> > > > > > > why you see the whole humanity in misery. It is of peoples'> > own> > > > > > > choice, they ready to jump upon anything that is wrong.> > > > > > >> > > > > > > x> > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > >> > >> >> ----------------x-------------------------------x-----------------------\> \> > \> > > \> > > > > \> > > > > > \> > > > > > > ---------x> > > > > > > A meditator is not a positive thinker, a meditator simply> > drops> > > the> > > > > > > mind. And the moment the mind is gone there is positivity> > > without> > > > > any> > > > > > > effort -- an effortless positivity, a effortless affirmation> > of> > > > > life.> > > > > > > Then suddenly it is all spring, then suddenly it is all a> > > festival> > > > > of> > > > > > > lights, and one for the first time experiences blissfulness,> > > > > > > blessedness, benediction; and out of that arises a gratitude> > > towards> > > > > > > existence.> > > > > > >> > > > > > > Osho,> > > > > > > Going All the Way> > > > > > > Chapter #27> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > > , "Sreenadh"> > > > > > > sreesog@ wrote:> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > Dear All,> > > > > > > > I would be attending a meditation camp for the coming two> > days> > > > > > and> > > > > > > so> > > > > > > > won't be present in the group.> > > > > > > > Let the breath be slow....and let there be> moonlight....let> > > the> > > > > > > streams> > > > > > > > flow slow....and me be a feather that fly... Bye..> > > > > > > > Love and regards,> > > > > > > > Sreenadh> > > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > >> >>