IndiaDivine.org

Fwd: marriage astro topics

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

USBrahmins , "gopa90" <gopa90 wrote:Faith in AstrologyRespected friendsFrom Pattars Group I received two mails â€"Both asking me to write about 1) Astrology aspects in marriage 2) Relevance of Gothra and sub groups among Brahmins in the context of marriage. The mails in short were expecting my write up to the group members. I thought from the above mails I am in the eligibility level to write on the subject. My background is I am a retired officer from BSNL and have read a few books on Astrology and I am in the field of Astrology for more than 15 years. I am a physics graduate, added with Engineering background. Before I start I extend my pranamams to my Guru Sri R. S Iyer, who was a co lecturer with me in the Regional Telecom Training center, Trivandrum for his blessing. If R S Iyer would not have been in the training center I would never have been able to write on the topic now.Sincerely Gopala Krishnan1. Astrology- It works Astrology has survived through many centuries. This is the first evidence that it work. If Astrology had not been working this science would have been abandoned long back by the mankind. We have reference to Astrology in the epic Mahabharatha itself. Duryodhana approach Sahadeva (One of the Pandavas) for fixing the Muhurtha for War. Sahadeva was a very good astrologer.I have read from Sivananda’s book on topic of Karmic theory â€" He has said, it works, so we accept it. Karmic theory is in liaison with astrological charts.Famous scientists Isac Newton and Albert Einstein believed in Astrology, I have read. So there is something more about it. I have studied Newton’s laws of motion â€" especially I recollect his third law- for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. And Einstein’s equation -E=mc2 for theory of relativity.2. Astrological charts- an introduction.To tell the taste of seawater is salty, a few drops are sufficient. Hence my touching the point. Most of the astrologers follow Hora sasthra from sage Parasara. He was father of sage Veda Vyasa. We recollect sage Parasara in Vishnu sahasra nama “Parasaratmajam Vantae Sukathathum Thapo nidhim….â€We have the planets â€" Soorya, Chandra, Sukra, Budha and Kuja near to earth seeing from earth. Planets Sani and, Guru away from the earth.In addition we have Rahu, kethu. (Illusionary planets for simplicity) At the time of birth, location of these planets is marked in a chart along with time. Astrology bases an inter relation with respect to time for these planets and their effects. At the time of birth the location of the planets is aligned according to past Karma.3.Constalletions and planetsThe planets take a path through fixed constellations. These constellations are 27 stars. The location of moon with respect to constellation decides the birth star. This also decides the planet, which start ruling and subsequent rulers.4. Star effect and Planetary effects.The effects of Planets depend on the relative position with birth time. There ruling period, the type of behavior with respect to stars etc are told by the sage. We take the sage granted. Any body in the filed can give their views, reasoning, logics, but nothing can be even 25% perfect. Best is belief. If there is no belief there is no astrology.5. Don’t keep legs in two boats.If you like to accept the sage’s words then accept Astrology. Don’t be a doubting Thomas. An astrologer cannot prove what you ask him as a non-believing man. To the extent of their capacity, who ever studies the subject, they grasp it.6.Effect of starsThe twenty-seven stars are grouped in to three different Ganas: Deva gana, Manushya gana and Asura gana. Sage has laid certain Ganas match for inter- relation (Not only for marriage, even for combined study or business partner ship etc)I have practically observed persons born in the Deva Gana are soft talking and pleasing. Those born in Manushya gana are lesser to Deva gana. Those born in the Asura Gana will be mostly tough type. An astrologer may be looking in to a horoscope and birth star and telling about the nature. But just understanding star and its Gana any person can observe this from the persons around them with out any further study of astrology- let him be a Brahmin, Vaisya or kshathria. Sage Parasara is also taking about Gandantha. Persons getting their birth during the last quarters of Ayilyam, Ketta and Revathi and 1ST quarters of Aswathi, Makam and Moolam fall under Gandantham.The gandantha suffering effect will be there for the children born during Gandantha while they were children. Afterwards there is no Gandantha effect.Parasara has never told, “Moolathu mamiar Moolalae, Or Pooradam nooladathu†or any such thing.It is always good to have a marriage alliance /business relation ship between two persons with the same Gana. Just imagine how worse it will be a person born in Deva Gana to cope up with a person born in Rakshasa Gana!!!No body can see their back directly. I may be thinking myself I am soft. But it is the other person to express and feel I am soft. Here comes the Gana importance.7. Positioning of planetsThe nine planets have to occupy the 12 rasies of the chart with respect to time of birth. These positioning give the different planetary effects on a person. Houses like Exaltation, debilitation, Moolakshethram, own house relative’s house etc. or 1st house 2nd house etc. My humble opinion is take it for accepting the sages versions .It is for the astrologer to make a clear study and talk about it in understanding manner to the client. If any person has interest purchase good astrology books and read, get blessed by a Guru or study through internet lessons freely available with Jaganatha astro center etc.8. Study of chartsIf you approach a good astrologer, by just looking at the chart and observing it for 15-30 minutes he will tell you 75% correctly your past, present and future. The 25% is Karmic theory. Any person can improve himself by good karma. Hence the variation.All astrologers keep their belief in the sages’s words. Of course most adapt them to current situation. Most astrologers add intutions also.( Intuition is told by Parasara to add )If the astrologer talk of Kuja dosha or Rahu cause abortion etc. or advice planetary worship please carry it out. If an astrologer say go to Tirunageswaram,please understand it. Please do not counter telling two years back we had gone to Tirunageswaram. Astrologer through intution finds the worship is again to be done. Please understand it. You have believed in Astrology and gone. Believe 100 % and follow what they say. Planetary worship is told by Parasara. The astrologer is called a Deivanja. If you are ready to hear him and accept him go to an astrologer. Please understand the meaning of Deivanja.Many talk about the exceptions told by sage Parasara- please understand exceptions are exceptions. They cannot be general rules.Generally when you approach an astrologer he studies planetary dasa and interdasa etc and talk about the period and it is favouring or other wise . Normally as I told in the beginning it is working correctly. The underlying principle is known only to the sage who had his divya drishti. The sage has not told why kuja dasa is 7 years, Sani dasa is 19 years or kuja in 5th house is detrimental to the child or why the 1st house is to be considered for self. He has stated and we follow it. This is the truth.Other than astrology no other science can say why a fellow suffer with prolong ailments. At the particular time told by astrology he become better and recover.A boy not so clever in studies get IIT.A wealthy man meet a down fall due to chronic diseases and loose wealth. A man not so good is admired. A son does not look after the mother….. A boy of 25 gets married with in a month of their parents looking for a bride. A handsome wealthy cultural born person even at 40 does not get a bride.We have the stories of Nala Damayanti , best example for ill luck, Sree Rama’s behavior sometimes below normal man for his adamancy and behavior , Ravana’s story keeping Navagrahas as footsteps for his downfall etc…9. Conclusion about Astro effectsNowhere it is told that matching horoscopes is a must for marriages. We look in to matching to safe guard the progeny and future of the girl and boy getting wedded. How we perform the annual ceremonies of parents â€" It is on belief. Why a person regularly performing sandhya vandan feels unhappy when he could not perform sandhya vandan a day? It is due to belief. So matching horoscopes or believing in Horoscope is a matter of faith.I will go the second part regarding Gothra and Brahmin sub castes in the next part.(To be continued)