IndiaDivine.org

Rashi in Vedic literature, the Relevant Chronology and the Sidereal

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Sunil Bhattacharjya <sunil_bhattacharjyaRe: [Abhinavagupta] Rashi in Vedic literature, the Relevant Chronology and the SiderealAbhinavagupta Date: Sunday, June 14, 2009, 7:19 PM

Dear List members,

Not only I gave the dates, I also gave the bases of the dates such as the start of the traditional Saptarshi calendar and mentioned that with this one can arrive at the date of the Mahabharata war without taking recourse to the astronomical dating. I also mentioned about the difference between the Sakendra kala and the Saka kala, which one has to find the correct date of Varahamihira.

If Mr. A.K.Kaul has other dates then let him open up and spell out his dates and justify his dates with incontrovertible proofs in support of those.

Regards,

Sunil K. Bhattacharjya

[Response to Avtar's post (13 June 2009) atAbhinavagupta/message/5148]

---------------Dear list members,Namaskar!Shri Sunil Bhattacharjya has given the following dates for certain works ofancient India, in his #5117 of June 8, 2009 of this (Abhinavagupta) forum:1. Rashis in Veda (antiquity = circa 7000 BCE2. Brahma Rashi in Mahabharata (antiquity = circa 3139 BCE).3. Rashi in Bhagavata Purana (antiquity = circa 3042 BCE)4. Rashi in Vedanga Jyotisha (antiquity = circa 2400 BCE to 1800 BCE5. Date of Aryabhatta (1325 BCE). He wrote Aryasiddhanta.6. Date of Varahamihira (124 BCE).7. Sakanta-kala (which starts from 551 BCE) and not Saka- kala (which startsfrom 78 CE).8. Laukika or Saptarshi calendar, which started from 3077 BCE (ie. 25 yearsaftyer the start of the Kali yuga in 3102 BCE).There is a post pending for reply from one of the members of the list, in whichhe had questioned my fixing the date of

VJ as 1400 BCE, the RV as 4000 BCE etc. and the MBh even 1400 to 400 BCE.I would request Shri Bhattcharjya to give incontrovertible proofs in support ofhis presumptions of the above dates, since they are much earlier even to theones presumed by me.With regards,A K Kaul[Response to Sunil's post (10 June 2009) atAbhinavagupta/message/5117]