IndiaDivine.org

Kendradhipathya Dosha?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Learned members,

I have come across the term "Kendradhipathya dosha" in other groups recently. None of my teachers used this term. Can any one please explain the meaning and practical relevance on such dosha on a chart?

Regards,

-Manoj

Guest guest

Dear All,

One of our well meaning members sent me an "online definition" of this "dosha" and how it "works". However I would appreciate if any learned member has personal experience using this "dosha" in their chart interpretation.

Regards,

-Manoj

Manoj Chandran <chandran_manojancieant indian_astrology Tuesday, July 7, 2009 1:31:47 PM Kendradhipathya Dosha?

Dear Learned members,

I have come across the term "Kendradhipathya dosha" in other groups recently. None of my teachers used this term. Can any one please explain the meaning and practical relevance on such dosha on a chart?

Regards,

-Manoj

Guest guest

Dear Manoj ji,Kendradhipati Dosha has classical sanction. You may refer to Atha yogakarakaadhyayah of BPHS on this and form your own understanding rather than reading what others have to say about this somewhat complex issue.

Shloka 2Kendradhipatayah saumya na dishanti shubham phalamKroora na eva ashubham kuryuhu shubhadaha cha trikonapahaA benefic owning kendras will not give auspicious results. Malefic owning kendras do not remain inauspicious. The lord of the trines gives auspicious effects

Shloka 3lagnam kendra trikonatvat viseshana shubhapadamPanchamam navamam cha eva visesha dhanam uchyateLagna is a trine and an angle simultaneusly, hence the lord of lagna is auspicious. The 5th and the 9th houses are especially for wealth

Shloka 10kendradhipataydoshayoho shubhanam kathito hi sahChandra gya guru shukranam prabalaha cha uttarottaramThe kendradhipati dosha is thus about the benefics. Moon, mercury, Jupiter and venus is the order of significance

Shloka 14kendrashatvena papanam ya prokta shubhakaritaSa trikona adhipatye api na kendreshatva matratahMalefics having lordship of kendras become shubh, only if it simultaneously also owns a kona, and not by mere ownership of Kendra

As per these 4 shlokas, this dosha applies to Jupiter for Gemini and virgo ascendants, and Mercury for Sagitarius and Pisces ascendants when they are placed in angles. However, they cease to be benefics, and do not become malefics as per this dictum. Moon as 4L may be covered under this dosha, if it is benefic.

Hope this helpsRegardsNeelam

Guest guest

Dear Neelam Ji,

Thank you !!! That is exactly what I needed. In Shlokha 10, where it says "order of significance", is it descending order of significance or ascending? Am I to understand that dosha applies most to Moon and least to Venus or is the other way around?

Regards,

-Manoj

PS: You still owe me an addendum to your blind chart analysis, just in case you forgot in your busy schedule

neelam gupta <neelamgupta07 Sent: Wednesday, July 8, 2009 9:55:48 AMRe: Kendradhipathya Dosha?

Dear Manoj ji,Kendradhipati Dosha has classical sanction. You may refer to Atha yogakarakaadhyayah of BPHS on this and form your own understanding rather than reading what others have to say about this somewhat complex issue.Shloka 2Kendradhipatayah saumya na dishanti shubham phalamKroora na eva ashubham kuryuhu shubhadaha cha trikonapahaA benefic owning kendras will not give auspicious results. Malefic owning kendras do not remain inauspicious. The lord of the trines gives auspicious effectsShloka 3lagnam kendra trikonatvat viseshana shubhapadamPanchamam navamam cha eva visesha dhanam uchyateLagna is a trine and an angle simultaneusly, hence the lord of lagna is auspicious. The 5th and the 9th houses are especially for wealthShloka 10kendradhipataydosha yoho shubhanam kathito hi sahChandra gya guru shukranam prabalaha cha uttarottaramThe kendradhipati dosha

is thus about the benefics. Moon, mercury, Jupiter and venus is the order of significanceShloka 14kendrashatvena papanam ya prokta shubhakaritaSa trikona adhipatye api na kendreshatva matratahMalefics having lordship of kendras become shubh, only if it simultaneously also owns a kona, and not by mere ownership of KendraAs per these 4 shlokas, this dosha applies to Jupiter for Gemini and virgo ascendants, and Mercury for Sagitarius and Pisces ascendants when they are placed in angles. However, they cease to be benefics, and do not become malefics as per this dictum. Moon as 4L may be covered under this dosha, if it is benefic.Hope this helpsRegardsNeelam

Guest guest

Dear Manoj ji,

I am trying to do the tricky analysis. Will post it before your deadline.:-)

Thanks

Neelam

2009/7/8 Manoj Chandran <chandran_manoj

>

>

> Dear Neelam Ji,

>

> Thank you !!! That is exactly what I needed. In Shlokha 10, where it says

> " order of significance " , is it descending order of significance or

> ascending? Am I to understand that dosha applies most to Moon and least to

> Venus or is the other way around?

>

> Regards,

>

> -Manoj

>

> PS: You still owe me an addendum to your blind chart analysis, just in case

> you forgot in your busy schedule

>

> ------------------------------

> ** neelam gupta <neelamgupta07

> *To:*

> *Sent:* Wednesday, July 8, 2009 9:55:48 AM

> *Subject:* Re: Kendradhipathya Dosha?

>

> Dear Manoj ji,

>

> Kendradhipati Dosha has classical sanction. You may refer to Atha

> yogakarakaadhyayah of BPHS on this and form your own understanding rather

> than reading what others have to say about this somewhat complex issue.

>

> Shloka 2

> *Kendradhipatayah saumya na dishanti shubham phalam

> Kroora na eva ashubham kuryuhu shubhadaha cha trikonapaha*

> A benefic owning kendras will not give auspicious results. Malefic owning

> kendras do not remain inauspicious. The lord of the trines gives auspicious

> effects

>

> Shloka 3

> *lagnam kendra trikonatvat viseshana shubhapadam

> Panchamam navamam cha eva visesha dhanam uchyate*

> Lagna is a trine and an angle simultaneusly, hence the lord of lagna is

> auspicious. The 5th and the 9th houses are especially for wealth

>

> Shloka 10

> *kendradhipataydosha yoho shubhanam kathito hi sah

> Chandra gya guru shukranam prabalaha cha uttarottaram

> *

>

> The kendradhipati dosha is thus about the benefics. Moon, mercury, Jupiter

> and venus is the order of significance

>

> Shloka 14

> *kendrashatvena papanam ya prokta shubhakarita

> Sa trikona adhipatye api na kendreshatva matratah*

> Malefics having lordship of kendras become shubh, only if it simultaneously

> also owns a kona, and not by mere ownership of Kendra

>

> As per these 4 shlokas, this dosha applies to Jupiter for Gemini and virgo

> ascendants, and Mercury for Sagitarius and Pisces ascendants when they are

> placed in angles. However, they cease to be benefics, and do not become

> malefics as per this dictum. Moon as 4L may be covered under this dosha, if

> it is benefic.

>

> Hope this helps

>

> Regards

> Neelam

>

>

Guest guest

Dear Neelam Ji,

Here in Arizona all my "non-desi" friends have a standard joke. For Indian parties the time is called "Indian Standard Time" since the party always starts late . Similarly my "deadline" is "Indian Standard Time" and will be extended until I receive your reply

Regards,

-Manoj

neelam gupta <neelamgupta07 Sent: Wednesday, July 8, 2009 11:41:27 AM Re: Kendradhipathya Dosha?

Dear Manoj ji,I am trying to do the tricky analysis. Will post it before your deadline.:-)ThanksNeelam2009/7/8 Manoj Chandran <chandran_manoj@ >>>> Dear Neelam Ji,>> Thank you !!! That is exactly what I needed. In Shlokha 10, where it says> "order of significance" , is it descending order of significance or> ascending? Am I to understand that dosha applies most to Moon and least to> Venus or is the other way around?>> Regards,>> -Manoj>> PS: You still owe me an addendum to your blind chart analysis, just in case> you forgot in your busy schedule>> ------------ --------- ---------> ** neelam gupta <neelamgupta07@ gmail.com>> *To:* ancient_indian_ astrology> *Sent:* Wednesday, July 8, 2009 9:55:48 AM> *Subject:* Re: [ancient_indian_ astrology] Kendradhipathya Dosha?>> Dear Manoj ji,>> Kendradhipati Dosha has classical sanction. You may refer to Atha> yogakarakaadhyayah of BPHS on this and form your own understanding rather> than reading what others have to say about this somewhat complex issue.>> Shloka 2> *Kendradhipatayah saumya na dishanti shubham phalam> Kroora na eva ashubham kuryuhu shubhadaha cha trikonapaha*> A benefic owning kendras will not give auspicious results. Malefic owning> kendras do not remain

inauspicious. The lord of the trines gives auspicious> effects>> Shloka 3> *lagnam kendra trikonatvat viseshana shubhapadam> Panchamam navamam cha eva visesha dhanam uchyate*> Lagna is a trine and an angle simultaneusly, hence the lord of lagna is> auspicious. The 5th and the 9th houses are especially for wealth>> Shloka 10> *kendradhipataydosh a yoho shubhanam kathito hi sah> Chandra gya guru shukranam prabalaha cha uttarottaram> *>> The kendradhipati dosha is thus about the benefics. Moon, mercury, Jupiter> and venus is the order of significance>> Shloka 14> *kendrashatvena papanam ya prokta shubhakarita> Sa trikona adhipatye api na kendreshatva matratah*> Malefics having lordship of kendras become shubh, only if it simultaneously> also owns a kona, and not by mere ownership of Kendra>> As per

these 4 shlokas, this dosha applies to Jupiter for Gemini and virgo> ascendants, and Mercury for Sagitarius and Pisces ascendants when they are> placed in angles. However, they cease to be benefics, and do not become> malefics as per this dictum. Moon as 4L may be covered under this dosha, if> it is benefic.>> Hope this helps>> Regards> Neelam> >

Guest guest

wonderful clarity in your mail Neelamji,Regards,

Anita--- On Wed, 8/7/09, neelam gupta <neelamgupta07 wrote:

neelam gupta <neelamgupta07Re: Kendradhipathya Dosha? Date: Wednesday, 8 July, 2009, 4:55 PM

Dear Manoj ji,Kendradhipati Dosha has classical sanction. You may refer to Atha yogakarakaadhyayah of BPHS on this and form your own understanding rather than reading what others have to say about this somewhat complex issue.Shloka 2Kendradhipatayah saumya na dishanti shubham phalamKroora na eva ashubham kuryuhu shubhadaha cha trikonapahaA benefic owning kendras will not give auspicious results. Malefic owning kendras do not remain inauspicious. The lord of the trines gives auspicious effectsShloka 3lagnam kendra trikonatvat viseshana shubhapadamPanchamam navamam cha eva visesha dhanam uchyateLagna is a trine and an angle simultaneusly, hence the lord of lagna is auspicious. The 5th and the 9th houses are especially for wealthShloka 10kendradhipataydosha yoho shubhanam kathito hi sahChandra gya guru shukranam prabalaha cha uttarottaramThe kendradhipati dosha

is thus about the benefics. Moon, mercury, Jupiter and venus is the order of significanceShloka 14kendrashatvena papanam ya prokta shubhakaritaSa trikona adhipatye api na kendreshatva matratahMalefics having lordship of kendras become shubh, only if it simultaneously also owns a kona, and not by mere ownership of KendraAs per these 4 shlokas, this dosha applies to Jupiter for Gemini and virgo ascendants, and Mercury for Sagitarius and Pisces ascendants when they are placed in angles. However, they cease to be benefics, and do not become malefics as per this dictum. Moon as 4L may be covered under this dosha, if it is benefic.Hope this helpsRegardsNeelam

Love Cricket? Check out live scores, photos, video highlights and more.

Guest guest

Dear Friends,

What is Kendra-adhipatya yoga. Does it mean, that Lagnas of Jupiter and Mercury

are forever blemished because Jupiter and Mercury would own up Kendras in these

two lagnas.

regards,

Manoj (Mouji)

neelam gupta <neelamgupta07

Wednesday, July 8, 2009 10:25:48 PM

Re: Kendradhipathya Dosha?

Dear Manoj ji,

Kendradhipati Dosha has classical sanction. You may refer to Atha

yogakarakaadhyayah of BPHS on this and form your own understanding rather than

reading what others have to say about this somewhat complex issue.

Shloka 2

Kendradhipatayah saumya na dishanti shubham phalam

Kroora na eva ashubham kuryuhu shubhadaha cha trikonapaha

A benefic owning kendras will not give auspicious results. Malefic owning

kendras do not remain inauspicious. The lord of the trines gives auspicious

effects

Shloka 3

lagnam kendra trikonatvat viseshana shubhapadam

Panchamam navamam cha eva visesha dhanam uchyate

Lagna is a trine and an angle simultaneusly, hence the lord of lagna is

auspicious. The 5th and the 9th houses are especially for wealth

Shloka 10

kendradhipataydosha yoho shubhanam kathito hi sah

Chandra gya guru shukranam prabalaha cha uttarottaram

The kendradhipati dosha is thus about the benefics. Moon, mercury, Jupiter and

venus is the order of significance

Shloka 14

kendrashatvena papanam ya prokta shubhakarita

Sa trikona adhipatye api na kendreshatva matratah

Malefics having lordship of kendras become shubh, only if it simultaneously also

owns a kona, and not by mere ownership of Kendra

As per these 4 shlokas, this dosha applies to Jupiter for Gemini and virgo

ascendants, and Mercury for Sagitarius and Pisces ascendants when they are

placed in angles. However, they cease to be benefics, and do not become malefics

as per this dictum. Moon as 4L may be covered under this dosha, if it is

benefic.

Hope this helps

Regards

Neelam

Guest guest

Dear neelam ji,

I have regards for you. But I am sorry to write that you have not taken note of 10th shloka properly and have ignored "Chandra gya guru shukranam prabalaha cha uttarottaram" The kendradhipati dosha applies maximum to Venus, next to Mercury and Jupiter and least to Moon.

Moreover one how become 7th lord suffers from the kendradhipati dosha in case of Jupiter and Mercury. For Venus one has to judge from the other sign in the bhava i.e. "trishadaya" other sign in trishadaya makes him suffer from kendradhipati dosha. When Moon becomes the lord of Kendra she suffers least from Kendradhipati dosha. All this is when they become the lord of the kendra, not posited in kendra. The effect is only during the dasha and bhukti. Moreover kendradhipati dosha is not malefic yoga, but it does not give desired benefic results. It definitely gives benefic results as per association, aspect, ownership and occupation in rashi chart and navamsha chart.

These are my personal views. You are are free to differ.--- On Wed, 7/8/09, neelam gupta <neelamgupta07 wrote:

neelam gupta <neelamgupta07Re: Kendradhipathya Dosha? Date: Wednesday, July 8, 2009, 10:25 PM

Dear Manoj ji,Kendradhipati Dosha has classical sanction. You may refer to Atha yogakarakaadhyayah of BPHS on this and form your own understanding rather than reading what others have to say about this somewhat complex issue.Shloka 2Kendradhipatayah saumya na dishanti shubham phalamKroora na eva ashubham kuryuhu shubhadaha cha trikonapahaA benefic owning kendras will not give auspicious results. Malefic owning kendras do not remain inauspicious. The lord of the trines gives auspicious effectsShloka 3lagnam kendra trikonatvat viseshana shubhapadamPanchamam navamam cha eva visesha dhanam uchyateLagna is a trine and an angle simultaneusly, hence the lord of lagna is auspicious. The 5th and the 9th houses are especially for wealthShloka 10kendradhipataydoshayoho shubhanam kathito hi sahChandra gya guru shukranam prabalaha cha uttarottaramThe kendradhipati

dosha is thus about the benefics. Moon, mercury, Jupiter and venus is the order of significanceShloka 14kendrashatvena papanam ya prokta shubhakaritaSa trikona adhipatye api na kendreshatva matratahMalefics having lordship of kendras become shubh, only if it simultaneously also owns a kona, and not by mere ownership of KendraAs per these 4 shlokas, this dosha applies to Jupiter for Gemini and virgo ascendants, and Mercury for Sagitarius and Pisces ascendants when they are placed in angles. However, they cease to be benefics, and do not become malefics as per this dictum. Moon as 4L may be covered under this dosha, if it is benefic.Hope this helpsRegardsNeelam

Guest guest

Respected Kursija ji,

I agree with you, and did say it clearly in my message:

//The kendradhipati dosha is thus about the benefics. Moon, mercury, Jupiter

and venus is the order of significance//

I did not take up further discussion on it though. Venus being the most

benefic planet suffers most from KD, it is said.

I mentioned about Mercury and Jupiter only as the four dual signs have a

special significance as their other sign will never fall in a trine (5/9),

except lagna, when one is in an angle. I believe (please correct me of I am

wrong), if the other sign of the concerned angular lord falls in a trine,

the Kendradhipati dosha does not apply. Further shlokas in this chapter and

commentary by G.C. Sharma quite clearly state this.

Venus will suffer this dosha in aries ascendant and scorpio e.g., but not in

Tau, lib, cap and aqu ascendants where it is associated with trinal

lorships.

Kendras being Vishnusthans indicate what we should maintain

(body-home-wife-work). If there's a connection with Trikonas, the fortune

and purva punya brought by the native show sustenance and are maintained

through worldly activities, thereby bringing success. If Kendras have no

contact with the Trikonas then despite fortune and opportunities there will

be nothing to maintain. Empty kendras show this as we all know. KD is also

appears to be a form of it, though degree might vary. The results of the

benefics are limited because of no yoga with the Trikonas.

I have been able to observe, in some dual signs specially, natives have lost

everything in their middle age beginning the dasha of Jupiter/Mercury. No

job, no wife and no home? May be a part played also by KD.

However, for your statement,

//All this is when they become the lord of the kendra, not posited in

kendra.//

I find a difference of opinion here. While some astrologers believe that

benefic lords of kendras, when situated in kendras suffer KD. Actually this

whole Adhyaya is most revealing and one gains new insights with every fresh

reading.

Thank you for sharing.

Regards

Neelam

Guest guest

Dear Neelam Ji and Krusija Ji,

Thank you for this educational conversation. Please confirm if my observation is correct based on this conversation: KD is quite a subtle effect that may not be so dramatic? Is this why it is not an often mentioned dosha?

Regards,

-Manoj

neelam gupta <neelamgupta07 Sent: Thursday, July 9, 2009 10:55:28 AM Re: Kendradhipathya Dosha?

Respected Kursija ji,I agree with you, and did say it clearly in my message://The kendradhipati dosha is thus about the benefics. Moon, mercury, Jupiterand venus is the order of significance/ /I did not take up further discussion on it though. Venus being the mostbenefic planet suffers most from KD, it is said.I mentioned about Mercury and Jupiter only as the four dual signs have aspecial significance as their other sign will never fall in a trine (5/9),except lagna, when one is in an angle. I believe (please correct me of I amwrong), if the other sign of the concerned angular lord falls in a trine,the Kendradhipati dosha does not apply. Further shlokas in this chapter andcommentary by G.C. Sharma quite clearly state this.Venus will suffer this dosha in aries ascendant and scorpio e.g., but not inTau, lib, cap and aqu ascendants where it is associated with

trinallorships.Kendras being Vishnusthans indicate what we should maintain(body-home-wife- work). If there's a connection with Trikonas, the fortuneand purva punya brought by the native show sustenance and are maintainedthrough worldly activities, thereby bringing success. If Kendras have nocontact with the Trikonas then despite fortune and opportunities there willbe nothing to maintain. Empty kendras show this as we all know. KD is alsoappears to be a form of it, though degree might vary. The results of thebenefics are limited because of no yoga with the Trikonas.I have been able to observe, in some dual signs specially, natives have losteverything in their middle age beginning the dasha of Jupiter/Mercury. Nojob, no wife and no home? May be a part played also by KD.However, for your statement,//All this is when they become the lord of the kendra, not posited inkendra.//I find

a difference of opinion here. While some astrologers believe thatbenefic lords of kendras, when situated in kendras suffer KD. Actually thiswhole Adhyaya is most revealing and one gains new insights with every freshreading.Thank you for sharing.RegardsNeelam

Guest guest

So has many other things in astrology like Karko-bhav Nashaya, Badhaka etc., But do we apply them as written in these books or they need some deviations and thinking. I will advise friends who take these dogmatic views to read the latest issue of Journal of Astrology for some clarifications.

regards,

Manoj (Mouji)

neelam gupta <neelamgupta07 Sent: Wednesday, July 8, 2009 10:25:48 PMRe: Kendradhipathya Dosha?