IndiaDivine.org

The Taxi meter

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

The Taxi Meter

Dear Friends,

This is not a story I am relating but something weighing on my mind.

In Bombay the Taxis earn more money by transporting people from one destination to another, than other towns and villages, and the mimimum fare is Rs.13- and if one travels at average speed of 30-40 kms per hr, then after an hours travelling one needs to pay around Rs.125-150 to the Taxi Driver.

But this does not mean that The Taxi Driver is earning Rs.125-150 for each of the 12 hours he is sitting in the Taxi, because it is not necessary that he gets an passenger immediately after the previous one leaves.

But this also remains a fact that for one hour of travelling he still earns this much, once his meter has been put down after taking the passenger inside his cab.

This same principle applies to Astrologers. I take pride in my Knowledge and expertise. My Consultation charges for 1 hour is mentioned on my website as Rs.5000- This does not mean that I am earning this much for every hour of the day I am awake, but when a customer comes in, the watch starts ticking, like theTaxi meter.

Today evening an old client from London called me on my phone and spoke to me for 52 minutes about his and his wives chart and whatever queries he had put up. I did not ask him for advance since he is a good man , and I had told him that you may pay me after the consultation is over. I know he is a good man due to past experience wth him. Well today after the consultations were over, he asked me how much Fees must he deposit. I replied to him, " whatever you may feel appropriate ". Okay matter closed.

Sometime back he visited me on my chat and expressed his inability to transfer tonight due to being Non-Banking hours or whatever. I said no issues. He replied that he would do it on Monday. I said. Okay . Then before parting he shot me another line - Rs.500 would be okay ? Now this really made me sad. (I dont come cheap. Its either free or My defined Fees.) I did not wish to hurt this gentleman so I replied back that I dont need Fees now, and you better not send me presently but I will take a good amount after your new business is set up and you earn well from same. He is already working and actualy wanted to open some side business.

Well dear friends, all I must say, is that my time is not valued cheaply, and if someone wishes to call me and consult me on phone, then he better pay me my Fees in accordance with my Charges. Or else not. I have spent almost everyday in reading and studying astrology, after turning a teenager for last 30 years. And have high regards for my own education here, though of course there is no limit to study and one can learn for 100 Life times and yet not be good in this subject.

Another thing is that once a Client pays to a astrologer his Fees, then it seems he has purchased the Astrologer for Life time. (Not talking about above case. This gentleman is a very refined man) . He expects the astrologer to answer him everytime whenever he calls him at his beck and call during the year. Please note that when we go to meet other professionals we have to pay Fees every time on every visit. But why must Astrologers be singled out and treated shabbily ?

The above mail is just to express my thoughts and remind the readers that astrologers like me have spent a Life time in study and now in the 4th quarter of our Lives, we are justified in demanding what we feel is appropriate. So we must not be taken for granted.

best wishes,

Bhaskar.