IndiaDivine.org

Some combinations that indicat e the death of wife

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Chakraborty ji, //Also 5L in 7H is supposedly gives 'Love marraige' in modern times. Or rather, marraige based on strong infatuations. // Yes, you are right.// If that is not blessed by benefics, the marraige may break-up in near future once the rose-tinted glasses are taken away.// Ha..Ha.. Are you saying that (as per this dictum) all love marriages should fail? Love and regards,Sreenadh , CHAKRABORTYP2 wrote:>> Dear Sreenadh-ji,> > I was just wondering about this dictum and compiled following.> The "probable results" are not definitive in any way. Rather based on> some notion that Mercury (may give 'chanchala-ta), Mars (Celibacy or> strong vigour in sex), Sa (Separation if in bad condition) etc..> > > Lagna 5th Lord 7th House Probable Result (????)> > Aries Sun Libra Debilitated, dominated by> spouse (?)> Taurus Mercury Scorpio Me in 7H...duality (not a> malefic) > Gemini Ve Sagi Not a good placement ? (not> a malefic)> Cancer Ma /Ketu Capri Ma is exalted..celebacy ?> Leo Jup Aqua Should be good for> traditional marraige> (not a malefic)> Virgo Sa Pisces> ....................................> Libra Sa/Ra Aries Deb. Saturn ..may give> separation> Scorpio Jup Taurus Should be good for traditional> marraige > (not a malefic)> Sagi Ma Gemini Ma is not a good placement> Capri Ve Cancer Not a good placement ? (not a> malefic)> Aqua Me Leo Me in 7H...duality (not a> malefic) > Pisces Mo Virgo Not a bad placement (not a> malefic) > > > Also 5L in 7H is supposedly gives 'Love marraige' in modern times. Or> rather, marraige based on strong infatuations. If that is not blessed by> benefics, the marraige may break-up in near future once the rose-tinted> glasses are taken away.> > regards> > P L Chakraborty

Guest guest

Dear Sreenadh-ji,

Thanks for pointing out. It is too much of a blanket statement by

me.

regards

P L Chakraborty

Sreenadh [sreesog] Friday, August 07, 2009 11:02 PM Subject: Re: Some combinations that indicat e the death of wife

Dear Chakraborty ji, //Also 5L in 7H is supposedly gives 'Love marraige' in modern times. Or rather, marraige based on strong infatuations. // Yes, you are right.// If that is not blessed by benefics, the marraige may break-up in near future once the rose-tinted glasses are taken away.//

Ha..Ha.. Are you saying that (as per this dictum) all love marriages should fail? Love and regards,Sreenadh , CHAKRABORTYP2 wrote:>> Dear Sreenadh-ji,> > I was just wondering about this dictum and compiled following.> The "probable results" are not definitive in any way. Rather based on> some notion that Mercury (may give 'chanchala-ta), Mars (Celibacy or> strong vigour in sex), Sa (Separation if in bad condition) etc..> > > Lagna 5th Lord 7th House Probable Result (????)> > Aries Sun Libra Debilitated, dominated by> spouse (?)> Taurus Mercury Scorpio Me in 7H...duality (not a> malefic) > Gemini Ve Sagi Not a good placement ? (not> a malefic)> Cancer Ma /Ketu Capri Ma is exalted..celebacy ?> Leo Jup Aqua Should be good for> traditional marraige> (not a malefic)> Virgo Sa Pisces> ....................................> Libra Sa/Ra Aries Deb. Saturn ..may give> separation> Scorpio Jup Taurus Should be good for traditional> marraige > (not a malefic)> Sagi Ma Gemini Ma is not a good placement> Capri Ve Cancer Not a good placement ? (not a> malefic)> Aqua Me Leo Me in 7H...duality (not a> malefic) > Pisces Mo Virgo Not a bad placement (not a> malefic) > > > Also 5L in 7H is supposedly gives 'Love marraige' in modern times. Or> rather, marraige based on strong infatuations. If that is not blessed by> benefics, the marraige may break-up in near future once the rose-tinted> glasses are taken away.> > regards> > P L Chakraborty

This Message was sent from Indian Oil Messaging Gateway, New Delhi, India. The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.

Guest guest

Dear Shri Chakrabortyji, I have been following the thread from the beginning. I have a doubt- very basic. As per the original sloka that has been referred in the mail it ends with " DARANASAM'. To my understanding the daraa means only wives. For spouse in sanskrit we use Kalatram. In such case whether the sloka refers only the above combination of planets and thier placement exclusively applicable to MALE CHARTS. Please forgive me if my doubt is basiclly wrong. Kindly guide me.with regardsS.R.Balasubramaniam--- On Fri, 7/8/09, CHAKRABORTYP2 <CHAKRABORTYP2 wrote:CHAKRABORTYP2

<CHAKRABORTYP2RE: Re: Some combinations that indicat e the death of wife Date: Friday, 7 August, 2009, 1:29 PM

Dear Sir,

If the above definition is applied (2nd & 7th bhava are 'Papa')...then we get two

possible scenarios...

1) Let us take 2nd from the Bhava as Papa. As discussion is about 7th Bhava

results, then 2nd from it will be 8th Lord. To meet the requirement of sloka,

the Planet shall be 5th lord as well. That is two signs lorded by the planet

shall be kendra to each other.

Only two planets will meet the scenario.... Mercury and Jupiter

And possible Ascendant will be ...

Aquarius (5th house Gemini & 8th House Virgo..both lorded by Mercury)

Leo (5th house Sagi & 8th Pisces- both lorded by Jupiter)

2) The other possibility (7th from Bhava) is practically impossible here.

7th from 7th house is lagna itself whose lord is benefic (mostly..probably

except fot Taurus lagna) and a planet being a lord of 1H & 5th House

at a time is not possible

____________ _________ _________ ________

However, if we are looking at Functional malefics, i.e., lord of 6th/8th/12th

house being lord of 5th house, then the scenario opens up to some extent.

a) Planet being 5th lord as well as 6th lord - Only Saturn for Virgo Asc

b) Planet being 5th lord as well as 8th lord - Jup & Mercury

c) Planet being 5th lord and 12th lord ----

This is possible where the two signs lorded by a planet are at 6:8 position.

The candidates are .. Venus (Taurus and Libra) for Gemini

Mars (Aries & Scorpio) for Sagittarius lagna

Regards

P L Chakraborty

Mrutyunjay Tripathy [astrologer_ mrutyunjay@ ] Friday, August 07, 2009 10:53 AMancient_indian_ astrology[ancient_indian_ astrology] Re: Some combinations that indicate the death of wife

Dear friend,'Papa' at a number of placeseven in BPHSis meant forfunctional malefics-having functionality of2nd and 7th bhava from a bhava.Regards,Mrutyunjay Tripathy,ancient_indian_ astrology, Manoj Chandran <chandran_manoj@ ...> wrote:>> Dear Sreenadh Ji,> > // 7)        PapaH Putrastanadhipo soumyayogekshanonaH madanamupagata Kuryuste daranasam = If a malefic is placed in 7th from lagna, and if that malefic is lord of 5th house as well, and if that malefic in 7th is devoid of any beneficial aspect towards it then the native's wife will die.. //> > I am not sure I understand this dictum 100%. 5L in 7H is shubh for the 7H isn't it? So why does ownership of 5H make this a more malefic combination? Sorry if I am missing some thing obvious here.> > Regards,>  -Manoj>  > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ __> Sreenadh <sreesog >> ancient_indian_ astrology> Wednesday, August 5, 2009 10:05:52 AM> [ancient_indian_ astrology] Some combinations that indicate the death of wife> >  > Dear All,>  > There is a very popular quote that refers to some combinations that indicate "death of wife" in Prashna Anushtana Panddhati. Prashna Anushtana Paddhati (AD 1550 approx) is a book older than Prasnamarga, and it is based on this very authentic text that Prasnamarga acharya created his own work. Since the quote is from such an authentic text, and since it is very popular, it must have been reflecting truth in numerous cases. Let us look at the quote â€"> PapaH papekshito va yadi balarahitaH papamadhyasthito va> Papanam vargago va mriti bhavanapatir mandi raseeswaro va> Putrastanadhipo va makaragata gurur vrischikasthascha sukra> Kuryuste daranasam madanamupagata soumyayogekshanonaH> (Prashna Anushtana Panddhati Ch. 16. Sl. 16)> The above quote lists many major combinations. They are â€"> 1)                 PapaH papekshito soumyayogekshanonaH madanamupagata Kuryuste daranasam = If a malefic aspected by another malefic is placed in 7th from lagna, and if that malefic in 7th  is devoid of any beneficial aspect towards it then the native's wife will die.> 2)                 PapaH yadi balarahitaH soumyayogekshanonaH madanamupagata Kuryuste daranasam = If a weak (debilitated or combusted) malefic is placed in 7th from lagna, and if that malefic in 7th is devoid of any beneficial aspect towards it then the native's wife will die.> 3)                 PapaH papamadhyasthito soumyayogekshanonaH madanamupagata Kuryuste daranasam = If a malefic is placed in 7th from lagna, hemmed between other malefics (i.e. other malefics should be present in 6th and 8th) and if that malefic in 7th is devoid of any beneficial aspect towards it then the native's wife will die.> 4)                 PapaH Papanam vargago soumyayogekshanonaH madanamupagata Kuryuste daranasam = If a malefic is placed in 7th from lagna, and if that malefic is placed in the varga of other malefic planets and if that malefic in 7th is devoid of any beneficial aspect towards it then the native's wife will die.> 5)                 PapaH mriti bhavanapatir soumyayogekshanonaH madanamupagata Kuryuste daranasam = If a malefic is placed in 7th from lagna, and if that malefic is the lord of the 8th house as well, and if that malefic in 7th is devoid of any beneficial aspect towards it then the native's wife will die.> 6)                 PapaH mandi raseeswaro  soumyayogekshanonaH madanamupagata Kuryuste daranasam = If a malefic is placed in 7th from lagna, and if that malefic is the depositor of mandi as well, and if that malefic in 7th is devoid of any beneficial aspect towards it then the native's wife will die.> 7)                 PapaH Putrastanadhipo soumyayogekshanonaH madanamupagata Kuryuste daranasam = If a malefic is placed in 7th from lagna, and if that malefic is lord of 5th house as well, and if that malefic in 7th is devoid of any beneficial aspect towards it then the native's wife will die.> 8)                 Makera gata gurur soumyayogekshanonaH madanamupagata Kuryuste daranasam =  If Jupiter in 7th is placed in Capricorn, and if that malefic Jupiter is devoid of any beneficial aspect towards it then the native's wife will die. (For cancer lagna 6th lord Jupiter is a malefic)> 9)                 vrischikasthascha sukra soumyayogekshanonaH madanamupagata Kuryuste daranasam =   If Venus in 7th is placed in Scorpio, and if that malefic venus is devoid of any beneficial aspect towards it then the native's wife will die. (For Taurus lagna 6th lord Venus is a malefic)>  > Similar combination applies for Mercury in Taurus and Saturn in Pisces as well.  These are all some combinations that indicate definite death or loss of wife. Learn them clearly, also because, similar logic can be applied to all other houses as well. > > Love and regards,> Sreenadh>This Message was sent from Indian Oil Messaging Gateway, New Delhi, India. The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.

See the Web's breaking stories, chosen by people like you. Check out Buzz.

Guest guest

Dear Sir,

I do not know Sanskrit. But I know that 'Dara' means wife.

My understanding is... most of the literature were written for MALE audience,

by MALE astrologers & hence the words were chosen like that.

Otherwise, 7th house refers to Spouse or Kalatra. But I would leave it to the

experts to clear the issue.

regards

P L chakraborty

Balasubramaniam Ramachandran [balsu46] Saturday, August 08, 2009 11:29 AM Subject: RE: Re: Some combinations that indicat e the death of wife

Dear Shri Chakrabortyji, I have been following the thread from the beginning. I have a doubt- very basic. As per the original sloka that has been referred in the mail it ends with " DARANASAM'. To my understanding the daraa means only wives. For spouse in sanskrit we use Kalatram. In such case whether the sloka refers only the above combination of planets and thier placement exclusively applicable to MALE CHARTS. Please forgive me if my doubt is basiclly wrong. Kindly guide me.with regardsS.R.Balasubramaniam--- On Fri, 7/8/09, CHAKRABORTYP2 (AT) iocl (DOT) co.in <CHAKRABORTYP2 (AT) iocl (DOT) co.in> wrote:

CHAKRABORTYP2 (AT) iocl (DOT) co.in <CHAKRABORTYP2 (AT) iocl (DOT) co.in>RE: Re: Some combinations that indicat e the death of wife Date: Friday, 7 August, 2009, 1:29 PM

Dear Sir,

If the above definition is applied (2nd & 7th bhava are 'Papa')...then we get two

possible scenarios...

1) Let us take 2nd from the Bhava as Papa. As discussion is about 7th Bhava

results, then 2nd from it will be 8th Lord. To meet the requirement of sloka,

the Planet shall be 5th lord as well. That is two signs lorded by the planet

shall be kendra to each other.

Only two planets will meet the scenario.... Mercury and Jupiter

And possible Ascendant will be ...

Aquarius (5th house Gemini & 8th House Virgo..both lorded by Mercury)

Leo (5th house Sagi & 8th Pisces- both lorded by Jupiter)

2) The other possibility (7th from Bhava) is practically impossible here.

7th from 7th house is lagna itself whose lord is benefic (mostly..probably

except fot Taurus lagna) and a planet being a lord of 1H & 5th House

at a time is not possible

____________ _________ _________ ________

However, if we are looking at Functional malefics, i.e., lord of 6th/8th/12th

house being lord of 5th house, then the scenario opens up to some extent.

a) Planet being 5th lord as well as 6th lord - Only Saturn for Virgo Asc

b) Planet being 5th lord as well as 8th lord - Jup & Mercury

c) Planet being 5th lord and 12th lord ----

This is possible where the two signs lorded by a planet are at 6:8 position.

The candidates are .. Venus (Taurus and Libra) for Gemini

Mars (Aries & Scorpio) for Sagittarius lagna

Regards

P L Chakraborty

Mrutyunjay Tripathy [astrologer_ mrutyunjay@ ] Friday, August 07, 2009 10:53 AMancient_indian_ astrology[ancient_indian_ astrology] Re: Some combinations that indicate the death of wife

Dear friend,'Papa' at a number of placeseven in BPHSis meant forfunctional malefics-having functionality of2nd and 7th bhava from a bhava.Regards,Mrutyunjay Tripathy,ancient_indian_ astrology, Manoj Chandran <chandran_manoj@ ...> wrote:>> Dear Sreenadh Ji,> > // 7)        PapaH Putrastanadhipo soumyayogekshanonaH madanamupagata Kuryuste daranasam = If a malefic is placed in 7th from lagna, and if that malefic is lord of 5th house as well, and if that malefic in 7th is devoid of any beneficial aspect towards it then the native's wife will die.. //> > I am not sure I understand this dictum 100%. 5L in 7H is shubh for the 7H isn't it? So why does ownership of 5H make this a more malefic combination? Sorry if I am missing some thing obvious here.> > Regards,>  -Manoj>  > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ __> Sreenadh <sreesog >> ancient_indian_ astrology> Wednesday, August 5, 2009 10:05:52 AM> [ancient_indian_ astrology] Some combinations that indicate the death of wife> >  > Dear All,>  > There is a very popular quote that refers to some combinations that indicate "death of wife" in Prashna Anushtana Panddhati. Prashna Anushtana Paddhati (AD 1550 approx) is a book older than Prasnamarga, and it is based on this very authentic text that Prasnamarga acharya created his own work. Since the quote is from such an authentic text, and since it is very popular, it must have been reflecting truth in numerous cases. Let us look at the quote â€"> PapaH papekshito va yadi balarahitaH papamadhyasthito va> Papanam vargago va mriti bhavanapatir mandi raseeswaro va> Putrastanadhipo va makaragata gurur vrischikasthascha sukra> Kuryuste daranasam madanamupagata soumyayogekshanonaH> (Prashna Anushtana Panddhati Ch. 16. Sl. 16)> The above quote lists many major combinations. They are â€"> 1)                 PapaH papekshito soumyayogekshanonaH madanamupagata Kuryuste daranasam = If a malefic aspected by another malefic is placed in 7th from lagna, and if that malefic in 7th  is devoid of any beneficial aspect towards it then the native's wife will die.> 2)                 PapaH yadi balarahitaH soumyayogekshanonaH madanamupagata Kuryuste daranasam = If a weak (debilitated or combusted) malefic is placed in 7th from lagna, and if that malefic in 7th is devoid of any beneficial aspect towards it then the native's wife will die.> 3)                 PapaH papamadhyasthito soumyayogekshanonaH madanamupagata Kuryuste daranasam = If a malefic is placed in 7th from lagna, hemmed between other malefics (i.e. other malefics should be present in 6th and 8th) and if that malefic in 7th is devoid of any beneficial aspect towards it then the native's wife will die.> 4)                 PapaH Papanam vargago soumyayogekshanonaH madanamupagata Kuryuste daranasam = If a malefic is placed in 7th from lagna, and if that malefic is placed in the varga of other malefic planets and if that malefic in 7th is devoid of any beneficial aspect towards it then the native's wife will die.> 5)                 PapaH mriti bhavanapatir soumyayogekshanonaH madanamupagata Kuryuste daranasam = If a malefic is placed in 7th from lagna, and if that malefic is the lord of the 8th house as well, and if that malefic in 7th is devoid of any beneficial aspect towards it then the native's wife will die.> 6)                 PapaH mandi raseeswaro  soumyayogekshanonaH madanamupagata Kuryuste daranasam = If a malefic is placed in 7th from lagna, and if that malefic is the depositor of mandi as well, and if that malefic in 7th is devoid of any beneficial aspect towards it then the native's wife will die.> 7)                 PapaH Putrastanadhipo soumyayogekshanonaH madanamupagata Kuryuste daranasam = If a malefic is placed in 7th from lagna, and if that malefic is lord of 5th house as well, and if that malefic in 7th is devoid of any beneficial aspect towards it then the native's wife will die.> 8)                 Makera gata gurur soumyayogekshanonaH madanamupagata Kuryuste daranasam =  If Jupiter in 7th is placed in Capricorn, and if that malefic Jupiter is devoid of any beneficial aspect towards it then the native's wife will die. (For cancer lagna 6th lord Jupiter is a malefic)> 9)                 vrischikasthascha sukra soumyayogekshanonaH madanamupagata Kuryuste daranasam =   If Venus in 7th is placed in Scorpio, and if that malefic venus is devoid of any beneficial aspect towards it then the native's wife will die. (For Taurus lagna 6th lord Venus is a malefic)>  > Similar combination applies for Mercury in Taurus and Saturn in Pisces as well.  These are all some combinations that indicate definite death or loss of wife. Learn them clearly, also because, similar logic can be applied to all other houses as well. > > Love and regards,> Sreenadh>This Message was sent from Indian Oil Messaging Gateway, New Delhi, India. The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.

This Message was sent from Indian Oil Messaging Gateway, New Delhi, India. The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.

Guest guest

Dear Balasubramaniam ji, You are right that Dara means wife, but you are wrong in understanding that the said quote applies only to male. Why? I will explain. * Always speaking as if the native is a male is just the limitation of the language. Acharya cannot always say HE/SHE etc; even when you yourself use the language you will notice this limitation. * The Acharya is assuming that he is speaking to people with intellect and logical understanding and not just copy-cats. So he is just speaking naturally. He expect that the readers with mold the meaning of his slokas accordingly to suit various situations and use it for arriving at correct results whether the native be male or female, busband or wife, love or lover. * Most of the astrological texts DOES NOT have a seperate chapter for Stri Jataka (Female chart specials) at all, since they don't think that there is much of a difference in interpreting as far as the general chart interpreting principles and rules are concerned. For example in the given text, Prashna Anushtana Paddhati under consideration (from which that quote is taken), there is no such separate chapter for ladies. [He might not have been a beliver in reservation ;)] * Be practical. Apply the combination in both male and female charts you can avail and KNOW (learn from experience) that truly such combinations apply equally to BOTH male and female charts. [With real experience, doubts vanish - since then onwards it becomes a truth that we experienced, and thus a fact] Thus in short - all such combinations are applicable to both male and female charts. Let us not be too literal and miss the clear and evident fact in front. Love and regards,Sreenadh , Balasubramaniam Ramachandran <balsu46 wrote:>> Dear Shri Chakrabortyji,> > I have been following the thread from the beginning. I have a doubt- very basic. As per the original sloka that has been referred in the mail it ends with " DARANASAM'. To my understanding the daraa means only wives. For spouse in sanskrit we use Kalatram. In such case whether the sloka refers only the above combination of planets and thier placement exclusively applicable to MALE CHARTS. Please forgive me if my doubt is basiclly wrong. Kindly guide me.> > with regards> S.R.Balasubramaniam

Guest guest

Dear Chakraboty ji, You are right. It is just a lingustic problem. The said combinations applies to all - both male and female.Love and regards,Sreenadh , CHAKRABORTYP2 wrote:>> Dear Sir,> > I do not know Sanskrit. But I know that 'Dara' means wife.> > My understanding is... most of the literature were written for MALE> audience,> by MALE astrologers & hence the words were chosen like that. > > Otherwise, 7th house refers to Spouse or Kalatra. But I would leave it to> the> experts to clear the issue.> > regards> > P L chakraborty

Guest guest

dear Sreenadhji, Pranams. I thank you for clearing my doubts. Normally I do not doubt. But when the slokas are phrased like that I had a hunch that the sage has only males in his mind. Sorry for my extending too much of the translation.with regardsS.R.Balasubramaniam--- On Sat, 8/8/09, Sreenadh <sreesog wrote:Sreenadh <sreesog Re: Some combinations that indicat e the death of wife Date: Saturday, 8 August, 2009, 10:09 PM

Dear Balasubramaniam ji, You are right that Dara means wife, but you are wrong in understanding that the said quote applies only to male. Why? I will explain. * Always speaking as if the native is a male is just the limitation of the language. Acharya cannot always say HE/SHE etc; even when you yourself use the language you will notice this limitation. * The Acharya is assuming that he is speaking to people with intellect and logical understanding and not just copy-cats. So he is just speaking naturally. He expect that the readers with mold the meaning of his slokas accordingly to suit various situations and use it for arriving at correct results whether the native be male or female, busband or wife, love or lover. * Most of the astrological texts DOES NOT have a seperate chapter for Stri Jataka (Female chart specials) at all, since

they don't think that there is much of a difference in interpreting as far as the general chart interpreting principles and rules are concerned. For example in the given text, Prashna Anushtana Paddhati under consideration (from which that quote is taken), there is no such separate chapter for ladies. [He might not have been a beliver in reservation ;)] * Be practical. Apply the combination in both male and female charts you can avail and KNOW (learn from experience) that truly such combinations apply equally to BOTH male and female charts. [With real experience, doubts vanish - since then onwards it becomes a truth that we experienced, and thus a fact] Thus in short - all such combinations are applicable to both male and female charts. Let us not be too literal and miss the clear and evident fact in front. Love and regards,Sreenadh ancient_indian_ astrology@ .

com, Balasubramaniam Ramachandran <balsu46 wrote:>> Dear Shri Chakrabortyji,> > I have been following the thread from the beginning. I have a doubt- very basic. As per the original sloka that has been referred in the mail it ends with " DARANASAM'. To my understanding the daraa means only wives. For spouse in sanskrit we use Kalatram. In such case whether the sloka refers only the above combination of planets and thier placement exclusively applicable to MALE CHARTS. Please forgive me if my doubt is basiclly wrong. Kindly guide me.> > with regards> S.R.Balasubramaniam

Love Cricket? Check out live scores, photos, video highlights and more.

Guest guest

Dear Balasubramanian ji, Don't worry. That is a usual mistake people commit. At times we read too much into slokas and even assign unintended complex meanings for them unintended by the author; but at times fail to see the deep inherent important meaning and assume them as straight and simple. That is why I feel many a times - "Vyakhyato na vetti" (The commentators did not understand). I can quote numerous examples to prove the above point. But at times the same becomes true for me as well - which I realize later. There is a sanskrit quote - Kavita rasa madhuryam vyakhato vetti na kaviH Sutata surata samarthyam jamata vetti na pitaH[The beauty of the poem commentator knows and not the poet, the sexual mastery of daughter known to her husband only and not father!] In the above quote it is said - "Vyakhyato vetti" (Commentator knows), it is by reversing the same statement that I was saying "Vyakhyato na vetti" (Commentator do not know/understand)". I have a scholar friend Srinivasan in Kerala who writes a column in a local astrological magazine with the title "Vyakhayato na vetti" (Commentator do not know/understand). Yesterday during mutual conversation we were speaking about the wrong interpretations of many slokas and wrong interpretations even by many famous scholars for numerous quotes; the commentator must have been in a hurry or might be copying from someone else who said the same (wrongly) or might not be knowing that subject, or might not have thought much about it; but at the end 'he is doing the commentary of some quote without understanding/digesting it' and in all such situations the statement "Vyakhyato na vetti (Commentator do not know) becomes true. And in the history of astrology, there is no scarcity for such situations and examples. Note: It is not only their knowledge scholars share with us, but also their ignorance. But when a scholar is ignorant of something or committing a mistake, it is very difficult catch or correct since usually it comes gold claded as if it is knowledge! It is not the ignorant who spreads the long lasting mistakes and erroneous information, but the scholars!!!Love and regards,Sreenadh , Balasubramaniam Ramachandran <balsu46 wrote:>> > dear Sreenadhji,> > Pranams. I thank you for clearing my doubts. Normally I do not doubt. But when the slokas are phrased like that I had a hunch that the sage has only males in his mind. Sorry for my extending too much of the translation.> with regards> S.R.Balasubramaniam

Guest guest

Dear Sreenadh-ji,

Great..

regards

P L Chakraborty

Sreenadh [sreesog] Sunday, August 09, 2009 11:35 AM Subject: Re: Some combinations that indicat e the death of wife

Dear Balasubramanian ji, Don't worry. That is a usual mistake people commit. At times we read too much into slokas and even assign unintended complex meanings for them unintended by the author; but at times fail to see the deep inherent important meaning and assume them as straight and simple. That is why I feel many a times - "Vyakhyato na vetti" (The commentators did not understand). I can quote numerous examples to prove the above point. But at times the same becomes true for me as well - which I realize later. There is a sanskrit quote - Kavita rasa madhuryam vyakhato vetti na kaviH Sutata surata samarthyam jamata vetti na pitaH[The beauty of the poem commentator knows and not the poet, the sexual mastery of daughter known to her husband only and not father!] In the above quote it is said - "Vyakhyato vetti" (Commentator knows), it is by reversing the same statement that I was saying "Vyakhyato na vetti" (Commentator do not know/understand)". I have a scholar friend Srinivasan in Kerala who writes a column in a local astrological magazine with the title "Vyakhayato na vetti" (Commentator do not know/understand). Yesterday during mutual conversation we were speaking about the wrong interpretations of many slokas and wrong interpretations even by many famous scholars for numerous quotes; the commentator must have been in a hurry or might be copying from someone else who said the same (wrongly) or might not be knowing that subject, or might not have thought much about it; but at the end 'he is doing the commentary of some quote without understanding/digesting it' and in all such situations the statement "Vyakhyato na vetti (Commentator do not know) becomes true. And in the history of astrology, there is no scarcity for such situations and examples. Note: It is not only their knowledge scholars share with us, but also their ignorance. But when a scholar is ignorant of something or committing a mistake, it is very difficult catch or correct since usually it comes gold claded as if it is knowledge! It is not the ignorant who spreads the long lasting mistakes and erroneous information, but the scholars!!!Love and regards,Sreenadh , Balasubramaniam Ramachandran <balsu46 wrote:>> > dear Sreenadhji,> > Pranams. I thank you for clearing my doubts. Normally I do not doubt. But when the slokas are phrased like that I had a hunch that the sage has only males in his mind. Sorry for my extending too much of the translation.> with regards> S.R.BalasubramaniamThis Message was sent from Indian Oil Messaging Gateway, New Delhi, India. The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.

Guest guest

Dear Sreenadhji, Pranams. Your observations are astounding. You have totally energised me with your detailed mail.. Your mail has very telling effect on me to participate more in the discussions. Thank you once again.with regardsS.R.Balasubramaniam--- On Sun, 9/8/09, Sreenadh <sreesog wrote:Sreenadh <sreesog Re: Some combinations that indicat e the death of wife Date: Sunday, 9 August, 2009, 11:34 AM

Dear Balasubramanian ji, Don't worry. That is a usual mistake people commit. At times we read too much into slokas and even assign unintended complex meanings for them unintended by the author; but at times fail to see the deep inherent important meaning and assume them as straight and simple. That is why I feel many a times - "Vyakhyato na vetti" (The commentators did not understand). I can quote numerous examples to prove the above point. But at times the same becomes true for me as well - which I realize later. There is a sanskrit quote - Kavita rasa madhuryam vyakhato vetti na kaviH Sutata surata samarthyam jamata vetti na pitaH[The beauty of the poem commentator knows and not the poet, the sexual mastery of

daughter known to her husband only and not father!] In the above quote it is said - "Vyakhyato vetti" (Commentator knows), it is by reversing the same statement that I was saying "Vyakhyato na vetti" (Commentator do not know/understand) ". I have a scholar friend Srinivasan in Kerala who writes a column in a local astrological magazine with the title "Vyakhayato na vetti" (Commentator do not know/understand) . Yesterday during mutual conversation we were speaking about the wrong interpretations of many slokas and wrong interpretations even by many famous scholars for numerous quotes; the commentator must have been in a hurry or might be copying from someone else who said the same (wrongly) or might not be knowing that subject, or might not have thought much about it; but at the end 'he is doing the commentary of some

quote without understanding/ digesting it' and in all such situations the statement "Vyakhyato na vetti (Commentator do not know) becomes true. And in the history of astrology, there is no scarcity for such situations and examples. Note: It is not only their knowledge scholars share with us, but also their ignorance. But when a scholar is ignorant of something or committing a mistake, it is very difficult catch or correct since usually it comes gold claded as if it is knowledge! It is not the ignorant who spreads the long lasting mistakes and erroneous information, but the scholars!!!Love and regards,Sreenadhancient_indian_ astrology, Balasubramaniam Ramachandran <balsu46 wrote:>> > dear Sreenadhji,> >

Pranams. I thank you for clearing my doubts. Normally I do not doubt. But when the slokas are phrased like that I had a hunch that the sage has only males in his mind. Sorry for my extending too much of the translation.> with regards> S.R.Balasubramaniam