IndiaDivine.org

The Mahabharath ,Book 6 Bhism a Pa rva -Jamvu-khanda nirmana parva -sect -3

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear chakraborty Ji sure ,I also read some article and shlokas that rishi veda vyasa has mentioned the extra saturnaian Planets as Indra ,varuna ,rudra etc But the saved article is lost along with my one of window crashing in computer happened long back so now dont know abt it even i dont hav time nor faciity to go tru Mahabharath once again other than net versions as i am away frm my nativ place and home library thanks for pointing out sun spots are also mentioned Brahat samhita by varahamihira and many texts ( very many r lost ) of garga and such rishies ,may b other than many puranic references ,but we shud make notice that purana s r not meant realy dealing with astronomy or astrology reality ,some stray reference is boon for us to date or see its authenticity and even proof of the knowledge with us Long back thanks for ur post rgrds sunil nair rgrds sunil nair , CHAKRABORTYP2 wrote:>> Dear Sunil-ji,> > I do not Know Sanskrit. But I know that Sweto refers to white.> > > But Ketu is a calculated point only. So how could that be> equated with Sweto Grah ?> > I had seen somewhere that probably VarahMihir had mentioned> Shweta / ShwetaKetu somewhere which is understood by> modern scholars as Uranus. In one of the interviews, Sri K N Rao-ji> had referred that extra-saturnine planets have been mentioned in> Old Indian texts. (he had also mentioned about Sun-spots being > mentioned in Indian texts in the same interview, aired by NDTV)> > Anyway, probably Sri Sunil Bhattacharjya-ji or Sri Chandra Hari-ji could> illuminate us on the topic.> > Regards> > Chakraborty > > > > > > _____ > > sunil nair [astro_tellerkerala] > Monday, August 17, 2009 11:46 AM> > Re: The Mahabharath ,Book 6 >Bhisma Pa> rva -Jamvu-khanda nirmana parva -sect -3> > > > > > Dear chakraborty ji > > Here is the excerpts > he Bhishma Parva and Udyoga Parva (specific chapters of Mahabharata) provide> considerable astronomical/astrological descriptions and omens as the> Mahabharata war was approaching and during the war. It describes a period of> draught, with many planetary positions. An electronic version has is> available courtesy of Bhandarakar Institution in Pune, India, which has been> used below. A literal translation of Bhishma Parva III-12-18 is as follows.> Both Ref 4 and Ref 5 provide very similar texts as, > > > <http://www.vedicastronomy.net/maha/MFIG02.gif> > > > A white planet has passed Chitra (Spica). A fierce looking comet has> passed Pushya (Early cancer). Mars is near Magha (Regulus) and is in> retrograde motion. Brihaspathi(Probably Jupiter) is near Shravana (Deneb> AlGeidi in Capricorn), Sun's son (Shani) is near Bhaga-Poorva Phalguni> (Denebola/chort), Shukra (Venus) is near Poorva Proshtapada (early Pisces),> A white planet with smoky look has passed Jyeshta (Antares), Dhruva> (Polaris) is wickedly bright, Both Sun and Moon are near Rohini (Aldebaran),> A manly planet is between Chitra and Swati (Spica and later Virgo) and the> red bodies planet is also near Shravana with Brishaspti(Jupiter) in a long> retrograde motion etc ...> > Some of the planetary position statements appear to be contradictions with> precise meaning of where they were is not fully clear as in the case of> shani and Brihaspati> > <http://www.vedicastronomy.net/maha/MFIG03.gif> > > > Those two blazing planets Shani and Brihaspti having approached> Vishaka (Zubenel genubi in Linbra) have remained stationary (retrograde> motion) for a whole year etc ....> > Then there is this clear reference to pair of eclipses occurring on 13th day> as shown below.> > <http://www.vedicastronomy.net/maha/MFIG04.gif> > > > Fourteenth day, Fifteenth day and in past sixteenth day, but I have never> known the Amavasya (New Moon day) to occur on the thirteenth day. Lunar> eclipse followed by solar eclipse on thirteenth day is in a single month> etc.....> > This astronomical reference "thirteen day" eclipse pair appears to be a> unique astronomical observation. One interpretation is that a lunar eclipse> occurred first followed by a solar eclipse on the 13th day after lunar> eclipse. It also states that two eclipses occurred in one lunar month.> > > Further, during the war Jayadhrata was killed during evening of 13th day of> war in an evening dark episode, on a clear day, which may have been a short> solar eclipse occurring and concluding before sunset. This is detailed in> Drona Parva. The war occurred over a period of 18 days in a place called> Kuruxethra.> > > > > u can see it is mentioned as sweto graha--> > > > > The word graha is used in astrological parlance to show the muhurta s and> time of commncemnt of war ,other extra saturnian planets were never known as> graha s ( which can effects u ,influence u or capture u ) in vedic astrology> ,so it is sure that rishi vyasa not mentioning none of the extra saturnian> planets may b > > > > > > so ketu also comes under the term as graha s ,tho it is also known as> Tamograha ,which is not viscible ,but here the term used is white planet ,so> i am confused too .> > > > > > But i am not a scholar in sanskrit > > > > > > so let us see what other scholar s in grp has to offer > > > > > > rgrds sunil nair > > > > > , CHAKRABORTYP2@ wrote:> >> > Dear Nair-ji,> > > > A doubt on my mind..hope you would clear it.> > > > "The white planet (Ketu) stayeth, having passed beyond> > the constellation Chitra."> > > > Is it (White Planet = Ketu) correct translation ? > > > > I thought that it was probably Uranus or some other real Planet.> > > > regards> > > > Chakraborty> > > > > > > > _____ > > > > > > This Message was sent from Indian Oil Messaging Gateway, New Delhi, India. The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.>