The Final Journey

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Vedanta Visarada

Dr P V Sesha Sai Aswamedhayaaji

Web http://aswamedhayaaji.com, E Mail shodasisai

22nd September 2009

My dear friends and like minded persons

Regarding:   The final journey - MOKSHAA – How best we can make it.

Perhaps this letter may not be palatable as it does not contain any rewarding or some such information.  This letter purely relates to a matter on “Human Religion” and on most occasions this letter may frighten the reader, still, it is a fact of life.  One day or the other, if not me and you, some one has to face a situation where we remain forever ignored.  Many people enter the world, they do their duty, they are whether liked by their kith and kin or otherwise, have to bid good bye to the world and leave to an unknown destination.  How best we lived is not a matter worth considering, but how best we passed is something really to think of.  And this process of thought is just possible – JUST POSSIBLE when we are alive and nothing can be done when once we leave the physical body.  This is a fact.

Well, the basic needs and related subjects are now a days wondering between sex and money.  The human relationship and the sentimental attachments among the family members are reduced and narrowed down.  Any human being is a social animal, and prefers to live in society in a manner of their choice; some does contribute to the society and make their lives purposeful and eventful and some may not have such opportunities for various reasons.  The aged are treated as social liabilities in this materialistic society.  A human is considered as a machine and unfortunately, people look at the machine whether useful or rusted.  No machine can work forever and one day or the other, it has to be overhauled and brought back to use.  But this may not be possible for a human machine.  In respect of a machine, since it is a human creation, we attribute value and see how best we can realize from and out of the machine either while in use or when it is out of use. 

Human being is a Lords creation, and therefore, there shall remain no value when once the machine is out of use or getting rusted.  I trust that HUMAN RELIGION is the basic religion than any other religion now existing on this Mother Earth.  Human religion is not a belief; it is a fact while all other religions created by human beings are based on faith and trust.  These days many people aged or otherwise, leave for their final journey most uncared.  When we consider ourselves that we belong to one religion “HUMAN RELIGION” we have an inherited responsibility of caring for the fellow human being.  Many philanthropists have established schools and old age homes to serve the fellow human being in NEED, but people appear to have scared of coming forward for taking the fellow human beings remains to a place where the body and the soul rest in peace. 

Quite naturally, as a living being, we fear for death.  We do not dare to think of the Lord of death, though it is a fact beyond any ones belief.  We do not worship the Lord of death, fearing that HE may knock at our doors most unexpectedly.  But surely HE will not knock, but more surely we do not know when he knocks.  Keeping all this in view, it is my desire to set up an organization in the name of MOKSHAA with the following intention and structural background.  Incidentally Shri Bhim Shanker Rao came forward to lead the organization and I trust Dr Srinadh Rao, Shri Krishnavtar Garg like people to bring a shape to the organization while many volunteers are needed for formation of a structure Globally.  Shri Veerabhadra Rao, Shri Sastry, Shri Narayana Rao – whom I know well, might work for the goal of the Organization initially to give a shape to this.  Shri Bhim Shanker Rao may please look into the aspect of designing a web and for the other modalities like legal aspects, fund raising etc while keeping up his own team of staff and pool up and coordinate the ideology to ground the scheme. 

The base:  Purity of thought, concern to the fellow human being, selfless service.

Basis of the Scheme – THERE SHALL BE NO HUMAN ORPHAN ANYWHERE.

These days many aged persons are treated as liabilities for the children and incidentally MOKSHAA may not take care of the aged at this point of time.  But MOKSHAA surely takes care of those who die leaving none behind; none to take of the physical body; expecting that none would take of the body while at death.  MOKSHAA shall always remain as a volunteer organization though it will surely employ and pay, but keeps its door open for all volunteers at all times. 

I do not know much about other religions, but as per the ways and methods I am aware of, the physical body after the death when uncared by the family members etc is taken into the custody of MOKSHAA and the final rituals are performed to the best of its ability.  Perhaps, organization may have to gear up to keep a Van at each of its functioning places and be ready to spend the required amount at least to the bare minimum.

The second aspect is that any one can register their names and leave a will and when no one takes care of the body after their death, it shall be taken care by MOKSHAA and ritualistic cremation is done as per the local customs.  One can also register for yearly ritual on the date of the death and books to the poor students; clothes to the poor; or some such is done as per the wish of the deceased based on their requests while alive.  Even when someone takes care of the body, the yearly ritual when not assured, it shall be done by the MOKSHAA so that the soul can rest in peace.  Any individual registering for this may also specify the number of years a ritual has to be performed on the date of death every year.  MOKSHAA shall respect this and try to do its best.  Probable expenses towards this may also be deposited with MOKSHAA so that the funds are kept as a reserve.  Of course, these modalities are still to be worked out and my friend Shri Bhim Shanker Rao might do this exercise.

It is also a plan that MOKSHAA to perform the rituals every year like PINDA PRADANA etc if someone registers while alive for this type of services.  In lieu of the ritual like Pinda Pradana one can also ask MOKSHAA to distribute clothes and books to the needy on the day of their death, every year. 

By and large, MOKSHAA cares for human beings and it is a HUMAN RELIGION that is mostly concentrated upon than bifurcating the HUMAN BEINGS on religion base or caste base.  The ultimate aim is to create all opportunities to the SOUL to keep in and rest in peace. 

This is just a base paper and it is my desire that the organization to take shape at least at one town or village by the forthcoming Ugadi on 16th of March 2010. 

It shall be the duty of the staff of MOKSHAA to remain dressed in saffron clothes while performing duty since the color is considered as a symbol of renunciation or symbol of selfless service. 

The methodology of registering and giving the names of fathers and forefathers shall be worked out by Shri Bhim Shanker Rao and I thank him through this letter for the ‘HUMAN TOUCH’ he has beyond the belief of any religion, any caste, or any region.  He is presently in Dallas Texas and I trust and believe that he can give a virtual and fundamental shape to this ideology and remain as a PRIYA BANDHU – a TRUE RELATIVE to all on this Holy Mother Earth. 

This service can even be taken and utilized by those who stay away from India and who are still desirous of performing yearly ritual to their parents but not able to do so.  This service can also be extended to those who desire to pray for their kith and kin in their family either on a specific date in a year or during the Mahalaya Paksha – the sacred fortnight of a year; or during some important occasion at Holy Places of belief like Badarinath etc.   

Yes, sentiments and commitments or wishes of a nature like donation of eyes etc should be respected as the “Ultimate Wish of a Fellow Human Being” as far as possible by MOKSHAA.

I invite comments, suggestions, critics, on this subject and I desire to place on record that your letter shall be the backbone and strength FOR THIS HUMAN RELIGION.  Give us strength to serve fellow human beings, and let us all show our concern to our race in general, beyond likes and dislikes.  Let the FINAL JOURNEY BE GLORIOUS and the UNKNOWN DESTINATION worked out well in advance and in a planned manner.  THIS IS THE ULTIMATE ONE HAS TO AFFORD FOR and GET READY FOR.

Yours affly,

HARA HARA MAHADEVA

Dr P V Sesha Sai Aswamedhayaaji