IndiaDivine.org

Veeryotkata Principle

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Gurujan,

Pranams. At the outset, I make a humble submission that I am aware I am not authorised to start any new thread in the forum of senior and elder astrologers. I request the forum to take up this issue whenever the elders feel appropriate to discuss. As a novice in the field and on keen interest I would like to know about the above principle ( given in Brihat Jataka by Sage Varahamihira in Chapter I, Sloka 19- )

HORA SWAMI GURUGJNA VEEKSHITHAYUTA NAANYAISCHA VEERYOTHKATA........

The discussion may give some opportunity to know this which is very often quoted in the charts of celebrities. ( eg: Barack Obama in August issue of Modern Astrology).If the subject has already been discussed in detail kindly ignore my mail forgiving me.

with regards

S.R.Balasubramaniam

Now, send attachments up to 25MB with India Mail. Learn how.

Dear Balasubramnaiam Ji This sloka is abt seeing the strnght of a sign or bhava and its proseprity and its enjoymnt in one 's Life Hora swami --owner of the sign Guru -jupiter nja means -merc if more and more such planets if aspecting a sign such bhavas with b more strng and will prosper depending on such subha veekhsana and some includs venus also and i find even 9th Lord of the birth chart or lagna Lord etc also but the direct meaning is sign Lord ,jupiter and merc if aspecting such Bhavas will prosper and the nativ will exprnce it abundantly .more abt it shri sreenadh ji will write abt it ( as i dont hav original shloka with me right now and quoting frm memory ) pls write to us if this was the context in that article rgrds sunil nair , Balasubramaniam Ramachandran <balsu46 wrote:>> Dear Gurujan,> > Pranams. At the outset, I make a humble submission that I am aware I am not authorised to start any new thread in the forum of senior and elder astrologers. I request the forum to take up this issue whenever the elders feel appropriate to discuss. As a novice in the field and on keen interest I would like to know about the above principle ( given in Brihat Jataka by Sage Varahamihira in Chapter I, Sloka 19- )> > HORA SWAMI GURUGJNA VEEKSHITHAYUTA NAANYAISCHA VEERYOTHKATA........> > The discussion may give some opportunity to know this which is very often quoted in the charts of celebrities. ( eg: Barack Obama in August issue of Modern Astrology).If the subject has already been discussed in detail kindly ignore my mail forgiving me.> > with regards> S.R.Balasubramaniam> > > > > > Add whatever you love to the India homepage. Try now! http://in./trynew>

Dear Sunil Nairji,

Namaste. Thanks for your response. The sloka is the same. You have got the point I referred. If the lagna lord or Jupiter or Mercury happen to occupy or aspect the lagna, the bhava will become powerful.Even in normal course, the natural benefics occupy lagna kendra or aspect it, it is taken to become powerful( subject to the ownership of such planets). As this has been specially included in the sloka, I wonder whether the sloka communicates anything more than that. The other part of the sloka is about the mathematical side of astrology. It may be useful to see whether anyother similar reference in other texts like Phaladeepika etc.

with regards

S.R.Balasubramaniam

--- On Sat, 26/9/09, astro_tellerkerala <astro_tellerkerala wrote:

astro_tellerkerala <astro_tellerkerala Re: Veeryotkata Principle Date: Saturday, 26 September, 2009, 8:10 PM

Dear Balasubramnaiam Ji This sloka is abt seeing the strnght of a sign or bhava and its proseprity and its enjoymnt in one 's Life Hora swami --owner of the sign Guru -jupiter nja means -merc if more and more such planets if aspecting a sign such bhavas with b more strng and will prosper depending on such subha veekhsana and some includs venus also and i find even 9th Lord of the birth chart or lagna Lord etc also but the direct meaning is sign Lord ,jupiter and merc if aspecting such Bhavas will prosper and the nativ will exprnce it abundantly .more abt it shri sreenadh ji will write abt it ( as i dont hav original shloka with me right now and quoting frm memory ) pls write to us if this was the context in that article rgrds sunil nair

ancient_indian_ astrology, Balasubramaniam Ramachandran <balsu46 wrote:>> Dear Gurujan,> > Pranams. At the outset, I make a humble submission that I am aware I am not authorised to start any new thread in the forum of senior and elder astrologers. I request the forum to take up this issue whenever the elders feel appropriate to discuss. As a novice in the field and on keen interest I would like to know about the above principle ( given in Brihat Jataka by Sage Varahamihira in Chapter I, Sloka 19- )> > HORA SWAMI GURUGJNA VEEKSHITHAYUTA

NAANYAISCHA VEERYOTHKATA. .......> > The discussion may give some opportunity to know this which is very often quoted in the charts of celebrities. ( eg: Barack Obama in August issue of Modern Astrology).If the subject has already been discussed in detail kindly ignore my mail forgiving me.> > with regards> S.R.Balasubramaniam> > > > > > Add whatever you love to the India homepage. Try now! http://in.. com/trynew>

Now, send attachments up to 25MB with India Mail. Learn how.

Dear Bala Subramaniam Ramachandran ji, (What a long name - 4 people - Bala, Subrahmanya, Rama and Chandra all together!) Veeryotkata means "Extra strength"; Veerya indicating strength and Utkata means extra or intense. So veeryotkata means "Intense strength" or "Extra streangth". The meaning of the Brihat jataka quote "Hora swami ........ " is that- " If Sign lord, Jupiter, or Mercury aspects the sign then it (the sign) gets extra strength". There is nothing special in here as far as meaning is concerned. But as far as application is concerned there are many things new. For example - * Veeryotkata is a word very rarely used in classics. We find it only is 2 quotes one in "Hora swami...." sloka of Brihat Jataka and other in the "Lagnam Lagnapatu..." sloka. As you have mentioned the is subject is already discussed in page 165 of AIA conversation compailation. Practically, these two quotes can be used to ensure which sign is stronger - among Lagna and Moon Sign. * Second, you can apply this principle to ANY sign. If the Veeryotkata principle applies for the sign, then the sign is extra strong and therefore more than the characteristics applied to the sign lord and significator, more than the good or bad conditions of signlord and significators, the charecteristics and condition (subha papa kartari etc) of the sign under consideration itself become more important and will materialize for sure. * The sloka also teaches us that - while considering 'extra strength' even Venus and Moon SHOULD NOT be considered (even though they are benefics) but ONLY Sign lord, Ju and Me. (Don't ask me - why? I don't have an answer to this question as of now. But it is how it should be considered, used, applied) Hope this helps.Love and regards,Sreenadh , Balasubramaniam Ramachandran <balsu46 wrote:>> Dear Gurujan,> > Pranams. At the outset, I make a humble submission that I am aware I am not authorised to start any new thread in the forum of senior and elder astrologers. I request the forum to take up this issue whenever the elders feel appropriate to discuss. As a novice in the field and on keen interest I would like to know about the above principle ( given in Brihat Jataka by Sage Varahamihira in Chapter I, Sloka 19- )> > HORA SWAMI GURUGJNA VEEKSHITHAYUTA NAANYAISCHA VEERYOTHKATA........> > The discussion may give some opportunity to know this which is very often quoted in the charts of celebrities. ( eg: Barack Obama in August issue of Modern Astrology).If the subject has already been discussed in detail kindly ignore my mail forgiving me.> > with regards> S.R.Balasubramaniam

Dear Sreenadhji, Pranams. Thanks for your detailed mail. Regarding the length of my name, the in South India especially in Madras State, the practice of putting of family name name is not in vogue. Hence every one will have their father's name along with their name. I am Balasubramaniam. It is ok for me, if you can address me only Balasubramaniam. You have given exhaustive tip on the subject. You have adequately explained the application part also. I thank you once again. I specially thank for the compilation of the Forum's earlier conversations.Beginners like me will be benefitted.With warm regardsS.R.Balasubramaniam---

On Sun, 27/9/09, sreesog <sreesog wrote:sreesog <sreesog Re: Veeryotkata Principle Date: Sunday, 27 September, 2009, 10:39 PM

Dear Bala Subramaniam Ramachandran ji, (What a long name - 4 people - Bala, Subrahmanya, Rama and Chandra all together!) Veeryotkata means "Extra strength"; Veerya indicating strength and Utkata means extra or intense. So veeryotkata means "Intense strength" or "Extra streangth". The meaning of the Brihat jataka quote "Hora swami ........ " is that- " If Sign lord, Jupiter, or Mercury aspects the sign then it (the sign) gets extra strength". There is nothing special in here as far as meaning is concerned. But as far as application is concerned there are many things new. For example - * Veeryotkata is a word very rarely used in classics. We find it only is 2 quotes one in "Hora swami...." sloka of Brihat Jataka

and other in the "Lagnam Lagnapatu... " sloka. As you have mentioned the is subject is already discussed in page 165 of AIA conversation compailation.. Practically, these two quotes can be used to ensure which sign is stronger - among Lagna and Moon Sign. * Second, you can apply this principle to ANY sign. If the Veeryotkata principle applies for the sign, then the sign is extra strong and therefore more than the characteristics applied to the sign lord and significator, more than the good or bad conditions of signlord and significators, the charecteristics and condition (subha papa kartari etc) of the sign under consideration itself become more important and will materialize for sure. * The sloka also teaches us that - while considering 'extra strength' even Venus and Moon SHOULD NOT be considered (even though they are benefics) but ONLY Sign lord, Ju and Me. (Don't ask me - why? I don't have an answer to this question

as of now. But it is how it should be considered, used, applied) Hope this helps.Love and regards,Sreenadh ancient_indian_ astrology, Balasubramaniam Ramachandran <balsu46 wrote:>> Dear Gurujan,> > Pranams.. At the outset, I make a humble submission that I am aware I am not authorised to start any new thread in the forum of senior and elder astrologers. I request the forum to take up this issue whenever the elders feel appropriate to discuss. As a novice in the field and on keen interest I would like to know about the above principle ( given in Brihat Jataka by Sage Varahamihira in Chapter I, Sloka 19- )> > HORA SWAMI GURUGJNA VEEKSHITHAYUTA

NAANYAISCHA VEERYOTHKATA. .......> > The discussion may give some opportunity to know this which is very often quoted in the charts of celebrities. ( eg: Barack Obama in August issue of Modern Astrology).If the subject has already been discussed in detail kindly ignore my mail forgiving me.> > with regards> S.R.Balasubramaniam

India has a new look. Take a sneak peek.