IndiaDivine.org

Suitability of Mantra

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Shankarji,I must have definitely gotten some divine blessings, for paramAtma has spoken to me through you - my pranams again and again for your divine guidance..most grateful for it because the guidance is sorely needed now..

As you may already have guessed, my iShTa devatA is nArAyaNa, and in particular I adore rAma and kRuShNa, I am already doing dEvi upAsana, will " up " it a bit as per your advice.

hari smaraNs,prANadAsaOn Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 1:04 PM, ShankaraBharadwaj Khandavalli <shankarabharadwaj wrote:

Dear Pranadasa ji,While guidance is possible only from a learned man, let me share what I see. If I were you, this is how I go about it -

1. 5th is owned by Me and Me-Ve are mitra, so Vishnu and Devi worship suits me well. 2. I am running Ve maha dasa for a decade and half to come, so Devi worship is going to be very fruitful. This is going to be the longest and used properly, one of the best dasas.

3. Since neither Me nor Su are very strong, I might not worship Vishnu/Narayana directly. However, since Ve rules kama and Krishna is Kama/Madana Manohara (Krishna is Kama in Mantra Sastra), I would worship Krishna or Devi Kamakala. It is worth noting that similarity is sibling relation (which is why Vishnu and Devi are siblings) and complementarity is consort relation

(which is why Sakti is the consort of Siva). Thus owing to the similarity, Devi worship is going to be similar to pleasing Narayana. In fact if one looks at the idols of Chenna Kesava or Venkateswara, one would wonder if it is Him or His sister :) Devi Maha maya is called Nanda Devi because She is the sister of Nanda Nandana.

4. The strongest graha is Ju, however since Ju is enemy of lagnadhipati Ve, I would not go with Siva worship. Ju dasa would only come very late so that should not even concern me.

5. The upasana suited for me is not vairagya driven but driven by desire for devata. This does not mean you are materialistic but this is the difference between vedanta and upasana marga. Rama of sankhyas is the existential object while Krishna of yogis and bhaktas is their desired object. This is the difference I am indicating.

Feel free to tell me I am wrong :) Dear learned members, please correct me. Shankar

s s <freemorons

Sent:

Monday, October 5, 2009 6:29:40 PMRe: Re: Suitability of Mantra

Dear Shankarji,Once again, I am very grateful for your guidance - here are my birth details: 24 Oct 1978, 19:40Hrs, Bangalore, India.Swasti astu sataam. thank you again!

hari smaraNs,prANadAsaOn Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 1:39 AM, ShankaraBharadwaj Khandavalli <shankarabharadwaj@ > wrote:

Dear Pranadasa ji,Please do not humble me with such words. While I certainly do not mind taking a look, I have not learned Jyotisha. It is over to the learned members for that, I might just add a point from my limited understanding of the basics.

Shankar

s s <freemorons (AT) gmail (DOT) com>ancient_indian_ astrology

Sent:

Monday, October 5, 2009 5:27:33 AMRe: [ancient_indian_ astrology] Re: Suitability of Mantra

Dear Shankarji,My pranams to your feet for any guidance you can provide to me will be received with as much reverence as rAma pAduka...Please let me know if you and others would be willing to look at my chart to help me understand my spiritual side...a humble and sincere request by me.

hari smaraNs,prAnadAsa.On Sun, Oct 4, 2009 at 2:36 PM, ShankaraBharadwaj Khandavalli <shankarabharadwaj@ > wrote:

Dear Pranadasa ji,Sakti sadhana being Rahu's contribution is something I mentioned too, but my reading is that in your case it should more be the lagna lord's contribution - Ve. Also, Ve and Me being mitra, both Devi and Vishnu worship should be fruitful. Of course, quick grace would be of whoever is stronger :)

Shankar

s s <freemorons (AT) gmail (DOT) com>To:

ancient_indian_ astrologySunday, October 4, 2009 8:57:12 PM

Re: [ancient_indian_ astrology] Re: Suitability of Mantra

Dear Bhaskarji and others,I have rahu in 5th (in kanya), and it is surprising to read someone claiming that mantra sadhana is not possible. Mantra-sadhana is a intensely personal experience, with the devata revealing him/herself when we are in rapt concentration chanting the mantra again and again, looking into the inner depths of our self. As such, one cannot " prove " that s/he has had mantra sadhana to anyone other than one's own guru.

As such, Bhaskarji appears to be right in this matter - although I am not sure I completely agree to shakti-sadhana being Rahu;s contribution (I am a devotee of Narayana (mercury house, afterall), and any upasana I have of Durga is only to get more access to Narayana's divine grace...not otherwise).. . Mercury is not very strong in my horoscope as well (i think)...would anyone care to comment?

Sincere request to people - do not state things without actually quoting texts or explaining rationale... and please refrain from bogus statements like " rahu in 5th will not give sadhana " ...we all know that it is impossible to state anything without looking at relative placements of all planets.

hari smaraNs,prANadAsa.