IndiaDivine.org

Road Taken and the Road not taken

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Sreenadha,

Thanks for inspiring and guiding words. I would like to add "Satyam Vad: Priyam Vad: Apriyam satyam nah vad" To be immortal in this world one should obey the rule "Satyam, Shivam, Sundram" The article should be based on truth, it should be beneficial for the masses and pleasant to hear or look at.--- On Thu, 10/1/09, sreesog <sreesog wrote:

sreesog <sreesog Road Taken and the Road not taken"AIA" Thursday, October 1, 2009, 11:12 AM

Dear All,

The following poem was a mantra for me from my childhood onwards. I just remembered it now and so posting it. May be it is not necessary that mantras should be in Sanskrit or about the divine - or may be divinity is subtle and visible to divine inner eye!

Love and regards,Sreenadh

==================================================

URL: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Road_Not_Taken_(poem)

I shall be telling this with a sigh

Somewhere ages and ages hence:

two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

(from the poem 'The Road Not Taken' by Robert Frost)

==================================================

Dear Kursija ji, I accept and appreciate the words - ""Satyam Vad: Priyam Vad" (Tell truth, use sweet words). But ofcourse I know that in life we also has to say Lies that will not hurt anyone. Now coming to the next part "Apriyam satyam nah vad" (Don't tell truth that may not be liked by some one) - I would love to violate this principle cleverly after verifying the situation. :) If I feel that telling the truths that will not be liked by someone may at the end will become beneficial to others and me - I will certainly tell the truth - whether others like it or not. And if I feel that telling truth will harm someone and will not give positive result in toto - then I will better not tell that truth whether it be liked or not liked by others. //To be immortal in this world one should obey the rule.......// I am not going to be immortal anyway..whether I obey some rules or not. :) But I love the words "Satyam, Shivam, Sundram" - those are the words that aptly reflect existence! If someone asks me to describe existence (universe and its beauty as whole) in least number of words, I would have to say "Satyam, Shivam, Sundram" - how else can I describe this world?! //The article should be based on truth, it should be beneficial for the masses and pleasant to hear or look at.// Beautiful! Those words! I will keep near to my heart. I never heared anyone say those words! For me it is fresh, like a beautiful fresh flower from the garden! Thanks for that words! You touched my heart! Words from within has always a special beauty! Love and regards,Sreenadh , "S.C. Kursija" <sckursija wrote:>> Dear Sreenadha,> Thanks for inspiring and guiding words. I would like to add "Satyam Vad: Priyam Vad: Apriyam satyam nah vad" To be immortal in this world one should obey the rule "Satyam, Shivam, Sundram" The article should be based on truth, it should be beneficial for the masses and pleasant to hear or look at.> > --- On Thu, 10/1/09, sreesog sreesog wrote:> > > sreesog sreesog Road Taken and the Road not taken> "AIA" > Thursday, October 1, 2009, 11:12 AM> > > Dear All, > The following poem was a mantra for me from my childhood onwards. I just remembered it now and so posting it. May be it is not necessary that mantras should be in Sanskrit or about the divine - or may be divinity is subtle and visible to divine inner eye!> Love and regards,> Sreenadh> > > ==================================================> > URL: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Road_Not_Taken_(poem)> > I shall be telling this with a sigh> Somewhere ages and ages hence:> two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- > I took the one less traveled by,> And that has made all the difference.> > (from the poem 'The Road Not Taken' by Robert Frost)> ==================================================