IndiaDivine.org

Rishi Hora texts

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Goel ji, The Rishi horas are many - such as Brihat prajapatya, Garga hora, Kousika hora, sounaka hora, Mandhavya hora etc. Numerous quotes from the same are available similar to the quotes from the lost books such as Manindha hora, Jeevasarma hora, Satyacharya hora, Vishnugupta hora etc - the texts by ancient acharyas who lived before the period of Mihira. None of these texts are available in total, but a collection of all such available quotes and compiling them into one book can solve the puzzule a lot and provide as will a integrated picture of ancient indian astrology. I have started doing this work and collected more than thousand such quotes and compiled it into a book named "Rishi hora samuchayam". But the book is yet to be completed and I have done it in my mother tongue Malayalam. Of course I am planning to transilate the same into English so that such an extensive collection of rare quotes will become available to all. But it is herculian task that will take much time and effort. But as far as fragments of Skanda hora available are concerned, for the benefit of all, I have compiled it into a pdf file (Sanskrit only without commentry) and uploaded the same in the file section of the group long back. It is still available in file section. One thing I can try is to provide one quote along with meaning from my collection possibly on every alternate day or so in the group. That may make us more familiar with these ancient texts and the way in which they approach this subject. If anyone interested we can try this.Note: By the way please take care of the contact info appearing at the end of the mails. I request moderators to take care of editing out such info when ever the same is present in mails. Love and regards,Sreenadh , gopal krishna goel <g.k.goel wrote:>> > Dear SREENADH JI,> I am not able to lay my hands on Rishi and Skand hora.> I can study them only in either in English or Hindi.> Is there any way to help me.> Regards,> > G. K. Goel

Hora Ratnam (sanskrit -english) by Late R Santhanam has got authentic collection

of verses of skanda, garga etc.

Another version (sanskrit -hindi) with identical title is already published by

chaukhamba pratisthan.

Utkal.

, " sreesog " <sreesog wrote:

>

> Dear Goel ji,

> The Rishi horas are many - such as Brihat prajapatya, Garga hora,

> Kousika hora, sounaka hora, Mandhavya hora etc. Numerous quotes from

> the same are available similar to the quotes from the lost books such as

> Manindha hora, Jeevasarma hora, Satyacharya hora, Vishnugupta hora etc -

> the texts by ancient acharyas who lived before the period of Mihira.

> None of these texts are available in total, but a collection of all such

> available quotes and compiling them into one book can solve the puzzule

> a lot and provide as will a integrated picture of ancient indian

> astrology. I have started doing this work and collected more than

> thousand such quotes and compiled it into a book named " Rishi hora

> samuchayam " . But the book is yet to be completed and I have done it in

> my mother tongue Malayalam. Of course I am planning to transilate the

> same into English so that such an extensive collection of rare quotes

> will become available to all. But it is herculian task that will take

> much time and effort. But as far as fragments of Skanda hora available

> are concerned, for the benefit of all, I have compiled it into a pdf

> file (Sanskrit only without commentry) and uploaded the same in the file

> section of the group long back. It is still available in file section.

> One thing I can try is to provide one quote along with meaning from

> my collection possibly on every alternate day or so in the group. That

> may make us more familiar with these ancient texts and the way in which

> they approach this subject. If anyone interested we can try this.

> Note: By the way please take care of the contact info appearing at the

> end of the mails. I request moderators to take care of editing out such

> info when ever the same is present in mails.

> Love and regards,

> Sreenadh

>

> , gopal krishna goel

> <g.k.goel@> wrote:

> >

> >

> > Dear SREENADH JI,

> > I am not able to lay my hands on Rishi and Skand hora.

> > I can study them only in either in English or Hindi.

> > Is there any way to help me.

> > Regards,

> >

> > G. K. Goel

>

Dear Utkal ji, Hora Ratnam DOES NOT provide us with the quotes of Skanda; but certainly it is a very good text and provides us with many Rishi hora quotes of other sages. Brihat Daivajna Ranjanam, Hora Sara of Nrisimha Daivajna, Hora Makaranda of Gunadhya are other texts that provide Rishi hora quotes and is available in Hindi as well. Books by the karnataka scholar Subrahmanya Sastri (especially the commentry to Brihat Jataka) provides many quotes from Skanda hora; Hridyapadha commentry to Brihat Jataka (in Malayalam) by Kaikulangara Ramavaryar of Kerala also provides us with numerous quotes from Skanda hora. Dasadhyayi commentry of Brihat Jataka, Battolpala's commentries to Brihat Jataka and Brihat Samhita, Adbhuta Sagara by the ancient Orissa scholar Ballala sena etc can be other valuable source books. Further the use of Yavana Jataka texts (Spujidhwaja hora and Meenaraja Hora), available versions of Garga hora, Lomasa Samhita, verious versions of BPHS etc can also be helpful in collecting, comparing and contrasting the ancient Rishi hora quotes.Love and regards,Sreenadh , "utkal.panigrahi" <utkal.panigrahi wrote:>> Hora Ratnam (sanskrit -english) by Late R Santhanam has got authentic collection of verses of skanda, garga etc.> > Another version (sanskrit -hindi) with identical title is already published by chaukhamba pratisthan.> > Utkal.> , "sreesog" sreesog@ wrote:> >> > Dear Goel ji,> > The Rishi horas are many - such as Brihat prajapatya, Garga hora,> > Kousika hora, sounaka hora, Mandhavya hora etc. Numerous quotes from> > the same are available similar to the quotes from the lost books such as> > Manindha hora, Jeevasarma hora, Satyacharya hora, Vishnugupta hora etc -> > the texts by ancient acharyas who lived before the period of Mihira.> > None of these texts are available in total, but a collection of all such> > available quotes and compiling them into one book can solve the puzzule> > a lot and provide as will a integrated picture of ancient indian> > astrology. I have started doing this work and collected more than> > thousand such quotes and compiled it into a book named "Rishi hora> > samuchayam". But the book is yet to be completed and I have done it in> > my mother tongue Malayalam. Of course I am planning to transilate the> > same into English so that such an extensive collection of rare quotes > > will become available to all. But it is herculian task that will take> > much time and effort. But as far as fragments of Skanda hora available> > are concerned, for the benefit of all, I have compiled it into a pdf> > file (Sanskrit only without commentry) and uploaded the same in the file> > section of the group long back. It is still available in file section.> > One thing I can try is to provide one quote along with meaning from> > my collection possibly on every alternate day or so in the group. That> > may make us more familiar with these ancient texts and the way in which> > they approach this subject. If anyone interested we can try this.> > Note: By the way please take care of the contact info appearing at the> > end of the mails. I request moderators to take care of editing out such> > info when ever the same is present in mails.> > Love and regards,> > Sreenadh> > > > , gopal krishna goel> > <g.k.goel@> wrote:> > >> > >> > > Dear SREENADH JI,> > > I am not able to lay my hands on Rishi and Skand hora.> > > I can study them only in either in English or Hindi.> > > Is there any way to help me.> > > Regards,> > >> > > G. K. Goel> >>

Thanx, I have Lomash Samhita, Garg Samhita, Vasistha Samhita, Bhrigu Samhita

(1890 sanskrit version) in my possession, i m not appreciative of jatak parijat,

was not eager for gunakar's hora and i m also not a big admirer of hora sara and

hora makarand, more care and depth was required from them.

Wd be interested to have a look of ballal sen, hope he was the same who once

ruled over bengal/orissa in 12th century.

I dont think there is some secret treasure hidden in other works mentioned by

you.

I have part 1 of hora ratnam, some body told that part 2 have verses of skand

hora. Wd look up and revert.

Thanx,

Utkal.

, " sreesog " <sreesog wrote:

>

> Dear Utkal ji,

> Hora Ratnam DOES NOT provide us with the quotes of Skanda; but

> certainly it is a very good text and provides us with many Rishi hora

> quotes of other sages. Brihat Daivajna Ranjanam, Hora Sara of Nrisimha

> Daivajna, Hora Makaranda of Gunadhya are other texts that provide Rishi

> hora quotes and is available in Hindi as well.

> Books by the karnataka scholar Subrahmanya Sastri (especially the

> commentry to Brihat Jataka) provides many quotes from Skanda hora;

> Hridyapadha commentry to Brihat Jataka (in Malayalam) by Kaikulangara

> Ramavaryar of Kerala also provides us with numerous quotes from Skanda

> hora. Dasadhyayi commentry of Brihat Jataka, Battolpala's commentries

> to Brihat Jataka and Brihat Samhita, Adbhuta Sagara by the ancient

> Orissa scholar Ballala sena etc can be other valuable source books.

> Further the use of Yavana Jataka texts (Spujidhwaja hora and Meenaraja

> Hora), available versions of Garga hora, Lomasa Samhita, verious

> versions of BPHS etc can also be helpful in collecting, comparing and

> contrasting the ancient Rishi hora quotes.

> Love and regards,

> Sreenadh

>

> , " utkal.panigrahi "

> <utkal.panigrahi@> wrote:

> >

> > Hora Ratnam (sanskrit -english) by Late R Santhanam has got authentic

> collection of verses of skanda, garga etc.

> >

> > Another version (sanskrit -hindi) with identical title is already

> published by chaukhamba pratisthan.

> >

> > Utkal.

> > , " sreesog " sreesog@

> wrote:

> > >

> > > Dear Goel ji,

> > > The Rishi horas are many - such as Brihat prajapatya, Garga

> hora,

> > > Kousika hora, sounaka hora, Mandhavya hora etc. Numerous quotes

> from

> > > the same are available similar to the quotes from the lost books

> such as

> > > Manindha hora, Jeevasarma hora, Satyacharya hora, Vishnugupta hora

> etc -

> > > the texts by ancient acharyas who lived before the period of Mihira.

> > > None of these texts are available in total, but a collection of all

> such

> > > available quotes and compiling them into one book can solve the

> puzzule

> > > a lot and provide as will a integrated picture of ancient indian

> > > astrology. I have started doing this work and collected more than

> > > thousand such quotes and compiled it into a book named " Rishi hora

> > > samuchayam " . But the book is yet to be completed and I have done it

> in

> > > my mother tongue Malayalam. Of course I am planning to transilate

> the

> > > same into English so that such an extensive collection of rare

> quotes

> > > will become available to all. But it is herculian task that will

> take

> > > much time and effort. But as far as fragments of Skanda hora

> available

> > > are concerned, for the benefit of all, I have compiled it into a pdf

> > > file (Sanskrit only without commentry) and uploaded the same in the

> file

> > > section of the group long back. It is still available in file

> section.

> > > One thing I can try is to provide one quote along with meaning

> from

> > > my collection possibly on every alternate day or so in the group.

> That

> > > may make us more familiar with these ancient texts and the way in

> which

> > > they approach this subject. If anyone interested we can try this.

> > > Note: By the way please take care of the contact info appearing at

> the

> > > end of the mails. I request moderators to take care of editing out

> such

> > > info when ever the same is present in mails.

> > > Love and regards,

> > > Sreenadh

> > >

> > > , gopal krishna goel

> > > <g.k.goel@> wrote:

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Dear SREENADH JI,

> > > > I am not able to lay my hands on Rishi and Skand hora.

> > > > I can study them only in either in English or Hindi.

> > > > Is there any way to help me.

> > > > Regards,

> > > >

> > > > G. K. Goel

> > >

> >

>

Dear Utkal ji, //I dont think there is some secret treasure hidden in other works mentioned by

you.// Ha..Ha... Ofcourse there does! Otherwise this group won't have been necessary. Start searching the archives and you see a glimpse of what I mean. Lomash Samhita = This text is useful but does not seems to be an original (it is in BPHS line). Me too have this text with me.Garga Samhita = I don't have this text. What I have is a collection of gara hora quotes in a text named Garga Hora. Can you elaborate a bit about the contents of the Garga Samhita text you have? I have the text called Garga hora dealing with result of planets in various houses, and also a personal collection of some rare quotes from ancient Garga hora.Vasishta Samhita = The available Vasishta Samhita is not the original Vasishta samhita at all, but a text named "Jagan Mohana" dealing with Muhurta. This text is of AD 250 or so origin. What I am speaking about is the original Vasishta hora numerous quotes from which are still available. Brigu Samhita = I heared much about this text just having a collection of horoscopes - also known as Brigu nadi. I am not interested in this text in prose. But it is said that there is another Brigu Samhita available that deals with the traditional astrology in the standard way. A poetic text having numerous useful quotes. If this one I am much interested in this text, since it a very rare text even the slokas from this text are not heared (most possibly because the text is not available with anyone).Love and regards,Sreenadh , "utkal.panigrahi" <utkal.panigrahi wrote:>> Thanx, I have Lomash Samhita, Garg Samhita, Vasistha Samhita, Bhrigu Samhita (1890 sanskrit version) in my possession, i m not appreciative of jatak parijat, was not eager for gunakar's hora and i m also not a big admirer of hora sara and hora makarand, more care and depth was required from them.> > Wd be interested to have a look of ballal sen, hope he was the same who once ruled over bengal/orissa in 12th century.> > I dont think there is some secret treasure hidden in other works mentioned by you.> > I have part 1 of hora ratnam, some body told that part 2 have verses of skand hora. Wd look up and revert.> Thanx, > Utkal.> , "sreesog" sreesog@ wrote:> >> > Dear Utkal ji,> > Hora Ratnam DOES NOT provide us with the quotes of Skanda; but> > certainly it is a very good text and provides us with many Rishi hora> > quotes of other sages. Brihat Daivajna Ranjanam, Hora Sara of Nrisimha> > Daivajna, Hora Makaranda of Gunadhya are other texts that provide Rishi> > hora quotes and is available in Hindi as well.> > Books by the karnataka scholar Subrahmanya Sastri (especially the> > commentry to Brihat Jataka) provides many quotes from Skanda hora;> > Hridyapadha commentry to Brihat Jataka (in Malayalam) by Kaikulangara> > Ramavaryar of Kerala also provides us with numerous quotes from Skanda> > hora. Dasadhyayi commentry of Brihat Jataka, Battolpala's commentries> > to Brihat Jataka and Brihat Samhita, Adbhuta Sagara by the ancient> > Orissa scholar Ballala sena etc can be other valuable source books. > > Further the use of Yavana Jataka texts (Spujidhwaja hora and Meenaraja> > Hora), available versions of Garga hora, Lomasa Samhita, verious> > versions of BPHS etc can also be helpful in collecting, comparing and> > contrasting the ancient Rishi hora quotes.> > Love and regards,> > Sreenadh> > > > , "utkal.panigrahi"> > <utkal.panigrahi@> wrote:> > >> > > Hora Ratnam (sanskrit -english) by Late R Santhanam has got authentic> > collection of verses of skanda, garga etc.> > >> > > Another version (sanskrit -hindi) with identical title is already> > published by chaukhamba pratisthan.> > >> > > Utkal.> > > , "sreesog" sreesog@> > wrote:> > > >> > > > Dear Goel ji,> > > > The Rishi horas are many - such as Brihat prajapatya, Garga> > hora,> > > > Kousika hora, sounaka hora, Mandhavya hora etc. Numerous quotes> > from> > > > the same are available similar to the quotes from the lost books> > such as> > > > Manindha hora, Jeevasarma hora, Satyacharya hora, Vishnugupta hora> > etc -> > > > the texts by ancient acharyas who lived before the period of Mihira.> > > > None of these texts are available in total, but a collection of all> > such> > > > available quotes and compiling them into one book can solve the> > puzzule> > > > a lot and provide as will a integrated picture of ancient indian> > > > astrology. I have started doing this work and collected more than> > > > thousand such quotes and compiled it into a book named "Rishi hora> > > > samuchayam". But the book is yet to be completed and I have done it> > in> > > > my mother tongue Malayalam. Of course I am planning to transilate> > the> > > > same into English so that such an extensive collection of rare> > quotes> > > > will become available to all. But it is herculian task that will> > take> > > > much time and effort. But as far as fragments of Skanda hora> > available> > > > are concerned, for the benefit of all, I have compiled it into a pdf> > > > file (Sanskrit only without commentry) and uploaded the same in the> > file> > > > section of the group long back. It is still available in file> > section.> > > > One thing I can try is to provide one quote along with meaning> > from> > > > my collection possibly on every alternate day or so in the group. > > That> > > > may make us more familiar with these ancient texts and the way in> > which> > > > they approach this subject. If anyone interested we can try this.> > > > Note: By the way please take care of the contact info appearing at> > the> > > > end of the mails. I request moderators to take care of editing out> > such> > > > info when ever the same is present in mails.> > > > Love and regards,> > > > Sreenadh> > > >> > > > , gopal krishna goel> > > > <g.k.goel@> wrote:> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > Dear SREENADH JI,> > > > > I am not able to lay my hands on Rishi and Skand hora.> > > > > I can study them only in either in English or Hindi.> > > > > Is there any way to help me.> > > > > Regards,> > > > >> > > > > G. K. Goel> > > >> > >> >>

Dear Utkal ji, //> I dont think there is some secret treasure hidden in other works mentioned by you.// Actually that statement made me laugh a lot. Actually from the perspective of a North Indian scholar what we have is not ancient indian astrology at all, but only BPHS astrology. What we know at all about the ancient indian astrology and its approach?!! If what we know is 10%, then what we don't know is 90% - I would say. If so do you think that we know all the secrets already? No! There is a treasure and a secret in every statement we encounter (in both what we have with us and in what we don't have! How many scholars are there who did the true painstaking study of ancient indian astrology and dedicated enough time and effort for it? Very very few! We don't even know what we have (i.e. available with us in a language known to us), and what will know about what we don't (i.e. texts and quotes that are available but in languages not known to us)?! Even about the texts and quotes we have how much of it we have already digested? And still how can we boldly declare that there is no secret treasure hidden in other works! Someone said - (even if we) look into the things we have then what is being hidden from us will get revealed to us! i.e. Every astrological quote we already have, may have a secret to reveal to us that we didn't knew! And still we want to believe that there is no secret treasure (of astrological knowledge) hidden from us! I will tell you a story and a habit of mine (which I am lately not able to follow due to my time constrains). In the night (after office work when I reach home, once I get bit relaxed), I used to ask my wife to take ANY book from my collection and ANY quote from it without checking which quote it is. to meditate upon that quote for some time, check all the related info in other texts as well - and prepare a detailed article by spending 2 hours or so. Many of my articles you find in the files section are the result of this exersise. As a regular experience at the end of the 2 hours, I myself would be wonderstuck at the result, and the depth of info and the special secrets the quote has revealed to me! The only thing I have with me is the 'eye' - my own conciousness! Yes, it is a secret, the secret of all secrets! So the point is there is a secret every where, in every mode, in every quote, in evey book - we just need to look for it (for that we need that 'eye'); and once found, we should be able to identify it and prsent the perl we found for everyone to see. Further finding perls from books is a difficult task compared to gaining them a guru in traditional way. We just need to spend half an hour with a good guru who truly practices astrology and in our journy back we will have a bag full of seeds to cultivate in our own garden. We stand among the ruins of the great building called astrology which was a grand castle before hundreds of years, re-constructing the castle demands a visual insight of the grand castle and its structure with more and more detail every moment - and I belive those insightful understanding is what we call 'secret' in astrology. If we fail to have that visual, that means that we are not good workman, who could reconstruct the grand castle! Because we mis the secret (that was within - we created it, visualized it - based on the evidence we collected), means we were unable to visualize it. If we fail to visualize the connected logical structure, then then we cannot create it; then we are like a blind man who lost his path. I want to assure you that - there is a secret in every mode, every word, every text, every sloka - in should piece of ruin that you find in this grand archelogical site - named ancient indian astrology. Love and regards,Sreeenadh Then what I used to do was , "sreesog" <sreesog wrote:>> Dear Utkal ji,> //I dont think there is some secret treasure hidden in other works> mentioned by> you.//> Ha..Ha... [:))] Ofcourse there does! Otherwise this group won't have> been necessary. [:)] Start searching the archives and you see a> glimpse of what I mean. [:)]> Lomash Samhita = This text is useful but does not seems to be an> original (it is in BPHS line). Me too have this text with me.> Garga Samhita = I don't have this text. What I have is a collection of> gara hora quotes in a text named Garga Hora. Can you elaborate a bit> about the contents of the Garga Samhita text you have? I have the text> called Garga hora dealing with result of planets in various houses, and> also a personal collection of some rare quotes from ancient Garga hora.> Vasishta Samhita = The available Vasishta Samhita is not the original> Vasishta samhita at all, but a text named "Jagan Mohana" dealing with> Muhurta. This text is of AD 250 or so origin. What I am speaking about> is the original Vasishta hora numerous quotes from which are still> available.> Brigu Samhita = I heared much about this text just having a collection> of horoscopes - also known as Brigu nadi. I am not interested in this> text in prose. But it is said that there is another Brigu Samhita> available that deals with the traditional astrology in the standard way.> A poetic text having numerous useful quotes. If this one I am much> interested in this text, since it a very rare text even the slokas from> this text are not heared (most possibly because the text is not> available with anyone).> Love and regards,> Sreenadh> > , "utkal.panigrahi"> utkal.panigrahi@ wrote:> >> > Thanx, I have Lomash Samhita, Garg Samhita, Vasistha Samhita, Bhrigu> Samhita (1890 sanskrit version) in my possession, i m not appreciative> of jatak parijat, was not eager for gunakar's hora and i m also not a> big admirer of hora sara and hora makarand, more care and depth was> required from them.> >> > Wd be interested to have a look of ballal sen, hope he was the same> who once ruled over bengal/orissa in 12th century.> >> > I dont think there is some secret treasure hidden in other works> mentioned by you.> >> > I have part 1 of hora ratnam, some body told that part 2 have verses> of skand hora. Wd look up and revert.> > Thanx,> > Utkal.

Astrology should not be drawn to the lines of magic or miracle, it's a well organized faculty, helping us, knowing the self and knowing the world.

Suppose, one is suffering from financial trouble, whatever collection we have in our possession, we will find him in financial trouble only.

Whatever no of books one can have, study of astrology isto remain limited to study of a native's life, that what happens in life, can only be told, that what's not in life, books should not tell.

The theory and concepts we have today because of BPHS, is almost enough to tell somebody about his life, other available suppliments can give some additional information or some clarifications where two contrary thoughts emerge, there is nothing beyond this, kindly do not laugh, rather think over what is said, otherwise, I dont mind it.

We need to develop our understanding of natal chart that comes from deep observation and we are also guided from the inner self, we should develop our guru bal and tej that sun gives.

All the good predictors, do have very good sun and jup, if sun receives jup's aspect means exceptional potential for accurate predictions. this is the prime factor amongst others. Had you been studied available Vasistha Samhita and applied on transit, you could do marvellous predictions in mundane matters, It unravels dual lordship beautifully.

regards, Utkal

, "sreesog" <sreesog wrote:>> Dear Utkal ji,> //I dont think there is some secret treasure hidden in other works> mentioned by> you.//> Ha..Ha... [:))] Ofcourse there does! Otherwise this group won't have> been necessary. [:)] Start searching the archives and you see a> glimpse of what I mean. [:)]> Lomash Samhita = This text is useful but does not seems to be an> original (it is in BPHS line). Me too have this text with me.> Garga Samhita = I don't have this text. What I have is a collection of> gara hora quotes in a text named Garga Hora. Can you elaborate a bit> about the contents of the Garga Samhita text you have? I have the text> called Garga hora dealing with result of planets in various houses, and> also a personal collection of some rare quotes from ancient Garga hora.> Vasishta Samhita = The available Vasishta Samhita is not the original> Vasishta samhita at all, but a text named "Jagan Mohana" dealing with> Muhurta. This text is of AD 250 or so origin. What I am speaking about> is the original Vasishta hora numerous quotes from which are still> available.> Brigu Samhita = I heared much about this text just having a collection> of horoscopes - also known as Brigu nadi. I am not interested in this> text in prose. But it is said that there is another Brigu Samhita> available that deals with the traditional astrology in the standard way.> A poetic text having numerous useful quotes. If this one I am much> interested in this text, since it a very rare text even the slokas from> this text are not heared (most possibly because the text is not> available with anyone).> Love and regards,> Sreenadh

Dear Utkal ji, You never answered my doubts raised in the previous mail. From that, I made the following observations, please tell me whether they are true or not. 1) You didn't find anything new in Lomasa samhita (based on the statement BPHS is enough) 2) The Garga Samhita you mentioned is the same "Garga Hora" I mentioned itself. - either the English only Santanam version or the KK Pathak version with sanskrit quotes. 3) The Vasishta Samhita you mentioned is nothing but the "Jagan Mohana" Muhurta text with the commentary of Girija Shankar Sastri itself and not the ancient Vasishta samhita. 4) The Brigu Samhita you mentioned is the prose text containing the collection of horoscopes, some remedies etc. You are not refering to and not having the Brigu Samhita containing Sanskrit sloka style. Please confirm or negate. Love and regards,Sreenadh , "utkal.panigrahi" <utkal.panigrahi wrote:>> Astrology should not be drawn to the lines of magic or miracle, it's a> well organized faculty, helping us, knowing the self and knowing the> world.> > Suppose, one is suffering from financial trouble, whatever collection we> have in our possession, we will find him in financial trouble only.> > Whatever no of books one can have, study of astrology isto remain> limited to study of a native's life, that what happens in life, can only> be told, that what's not in life, books should not tell.> > The theory and concepts we have today because of BPHS, is almost enough> to tell somebody about his life, other available suppliments can give> some additional information or some clarifications where two contrary> thoughts emerge, there is nothing beyond this, kindly do not laugh,> rather think over what is said, otherwise, I dont mind it.> > We need to develop our understanding of natal chart that comes from deep> observation and we are also guided from the inner self, we should> develop our guru bal and tej that sun gives.> > All the good predictors, do have very good sun and jup, if sun receives> jup's aspect means exceptional potential for accurate predictions. this> is the prime factor amongst others. Had you been studied available> Vasistha Samhita and applied on transit, you could do marvellous> predictions in mundane matters, It unravels dual lordship beautifully.> > regards,> Utkal> > > , "sreesog" sreesog@> wrote:> >> > Dear Utkal ji,> > //I dont think there is some secret treasure hidden in other works> > mentioned by> > you.//> > Ha..Ha... [:))] Ofcourse there does! Otherwise this group won't have> > been necessary. [:)] Start searching the archives and you see a> > glimpse of what I mean. [:)]> > Lomash Samhita = This text is useful but does not seems to be an> > original (it is in BPHS line). Me too have this text with me.> > Garga Samhita = I don't have this text. What I have is a collection of> > gara hora quotes in a text named Garga Hora. Can you elaborate a bit> > about the contents of the Garga Samhita text you have? I have the text> > called Garga hora dealing with result of planets in various houses,> and> > also a personal collection of some rare quotes from ancient Garga> hora.> > Vasishta Samhita = The available Vasishta Samhita is not the original> > Vasishta samhita at all, but a text named "Jagan Mohana" dealing with> > Muhurta. This text is of AD 250 or so origin. What I am speaking about> > is the original Vasishta hora numerous quotes from which are still> > available.> > Brigu Samhita = I heared much about this text just having a collection> > of horoscopes - also known as Brigu nadi. I am not interested in this> > text in prose. But it is said that there is another Brigu Samhita> > available that deals with the traditional astrology in the standard> way.> > A poetic text having numerous useful quotes. If this one I am much> > interested in this text, since it a very rare text even the slokas> from> > this text are not heared (most possibly because the text is not> > available with anyone).> > Love and regards,> > Sreenadh>

Shri Ganeshaya Namah

Namaste Sri Utkal,

I appreciate and second you regarding the points you wrote. Please go through

the following points.

For predicting a human life, really our astrological tools are very systematic

and exhaustive. I have seen people predicting quite wonderfully with Basics. For

that matter, not the Magnum Opus BPHS, yet small texts like Jataka Chandrika are

quite enough, if we master them. Yet, this doesn't lessen the importance of

studying the other valuable resouces.

As you pointed out texts like Vasishta Samhita deals some other concepts like

Dual Lordship, extra Saturine planets etc. This was told by a friend of mine who

has that manuscript with him.

The bottom line is thay if we master at least any one classical text, it

suffices to predict with sufficient accuracy in all spheres of human life. But,

works like Jaimini, Tajaka etc. specilaizes in some specific aspects of life. As

a serious student, one shall use the available astrological tool, not only to

predict but to preserve the knowledge for the future generations.

No controversy intended.

Regards,

Shanmukha

, " utkal.panigrahi "

<utkal.panigrahi wrote:

>

> Astrology should not be drawn to the lines of magic or miracle, it's a

> well organized faculty, helping us, knowing the self and knowing the

> world.

>

> Suppose, one is suffering from financial trouble, whatever collection we

> have in our possession, we will find him in financial trouble only.

>

> Whatever no of books one can have, study of astrology isto remain

> limited to study of a native's life, that what happens in life, can only

> be told, that what's not in life, books should not tell.

>

> The theory and concepts we have today because of BPHS, is almost enough

> to tell somebody about his life, other available suppliments can give

> some additional information or some clarifications where two contrary

> thoughts emerge, there is nothing beyond this, kindly do not laugh,

> rather think over what is said, otherwise, I dont mind it.

>

> We need to develop our understanding of natal chart that comes from deep

> observation and we are also guided from the inner self, we should

> develop our guru bal and tej that sun gives.

>

> All the good predictors, do have very good sun and jup, if sun receives

> jup's aspect means exceptional potential for accurate predictions. this

> is the prime factor amongst others. Had you been studied available

> Vasistha Samhita and applied on transit, you could do marvellous

> predictions in mundane matters, It unravels dual lordship beautifully.

>

> regards,

> Utkal

>

>

> , " sreesog " <sreesog@>

> wrote:

> >

> > Dear Utkal ji,

> > //I dont think there is some secret treasure hidden in other works

> > mentioned by

> > you.//

> > Ha..Ha... [:))] Ofcourse there does! Otherwise this group won't have

> > been necessary. [:)] Start searching the archives and you see a

> > glimpse of what I mean. [:)]

> > Lomash Samhita = This text is useful but does not seems to be an

> > original (it is in BPHS line). Me too have this text with me.

> > Garga Samhita = I don't have this text. What I have is a collection of

> > gara hora quotes in a text named Garga Hora. Can you elaborate a bit

> > about the contents of the Garga Samhita text you have? I have the text

> > called Garga hora dealing with result of planets in various houses,

> and

> > also a personal collection of some rare quotes from ancient Garga

> hora.

> > Vasishta Samhita = The available Vasishta Samhita is not the original

> > Vasishta samhita at all, but a text named " Jagan Mohana " dealing with

> > Muhurta. This text is of AD 250 or so origin. What I am speaking about

> > is the original Vasishta hora numerous quotes from which are still

> > available.

> > Brigu Samhita = I heared much about this text just having a collection

> > of horoscopes - also known as Brigu nadi. I am not interested in this

> > text in prose. But it is said that there is another Brigu Samhita

> > available that deals with the traditional astrology in the standard

> way.

> > A poetic text having numerous useful quotes. If this one I am much

> > interested in this text, since it a very rare text even the slokas

> from

> > this text are not heared (most possibly because the text is not

> > available with anyone).

> > Love and regards,

> > Sreenadh

>

Dear Srinadh Ji,

It's not good to air doubts on any available or published work, what are achievements with this approach, where is authority and what's the ground, The purpose of my Jyotish Study is like that of TulasiDas, "Swantah Sukhaya " or self satisfaction.

I m not aware of "Jagan Mohan", have an old copy in my native language on Graha Gochara which is said to be written by Sage Vasistha. What's Jagan Mohan ?

You asked about Lomash Samhita, It's a great work, more clarity on lordship and placements of planets which is a major constraint felt by most students of astrology, confusion on how to distinguish a case when house A's lord goes to house B with another case when house B's lord comes to house A, there is sharp difference in manifestation of results, but, let me clarify that even without having the copy of Lomash Samhita, a student can understand it. In the July - Sept09's issue of Journal of Astrology, in which, BVB team made it's attempt to understand the differences of 5'th lord's placement in 10'th with 10'th lord's placement in 5'th etc, though the research was focussed on a different topic, they also came up with this study also, they discovered that, Had they studied 4-5 verses of Lomash Samhita, w'd have done much better.

Other important points are concept of retro grahas and dictums like if Saturn opposes Sun, Saturn Dasa has to give better results.

I have copy of Late R Santhanam's Garg Hora as well as another copy in my native language.

regards,Utkal.

, "sreesog" <sreesog wrote:>> Dear Utkal ji,> You never answered my doubts raised in the previous mail. From that, I> made the following observations, please tell me whether they are true or> not.> 1) You didn't find anything new in Lomasa samhita (based on the> statement BPHS is enough)> 2) The Garga Samhita you mentioned is the same "Garga Hora" I mentioned> itself. - either the English only Santanam version or the KK Pathak> version with sanskrit quotes.> 3) The Vasishta Samhita you mentioned is nothing but the "Jagan Mohana"> Muhurta text with the commentary of Girija Shankar Sastri itself and not> the ancient Vasishta samhita.> 4) The Brigu Samhita you mentioned is the prose text containing the> collection of horoscopes, some remedies etc. You are not refering to> and not having the Brigu Samhita containing Sanskrit sloka style.> Please confirm or negate.> Love and regards,> Sreenadh> > , "utkal.panigrahi"> <utkal.panigrahi@> wrote:> >> > Astrology should not be drawn to the lines of magic or miracle, it's a> > well organized faculty, helping us, knowing the self and knowing the> > world.> >> > Suppose, one is suffering from financial trouble, whatever collection> we> > have in our possession, we will find him in financial trouble only.> >> > Whatever no of books one can have, study of astrology isto remain> > limited to study of a native's life, that what happens in life, can> only> > be told, that what's not in life, books should not tell.> >> > The theory and concepts we have today because of BPHS, is almost> enough> > to tell somebody about his life, other available suppliments can give> > some additional information or some clarifications where two contrary> > thoughts emerge, there is nothing beyond this, kindly do not laugh,> > rather think over what is said, otherwise, I dont mind it.> >> > We need to develop our understanding of natal chart that comes from> deep> > observation and we are also guided from the inner self, we should> > develop our guru bal and tej that sun gives.> >> > All the good predictors, do have very good sun and jup, if sun> receives> > jup's aspect means exceptional potential for accurate predictions.> this> > is the prime factor amongst others. Had you been studied available> > Vasistha Samhita and applied on transit, you could do marvellous> > predictions in mundane matters, It unravels dual lordship beautifully.> >> > regards,> > Utkal , "sreesog" <sreesog wrote:>> Dear Utkal ji,> You never answered my doubts raised in the previous mail. From that, I> made the following observations, please tell me whether they are true or> not.> 1) You didn't find anything new in Lomasa samhita (based on the> statement BPHS is enough)> 2) The Garga Samhita you mentioned is the same "Garga Hora" I mentioned> itself. - either the English only Santanam version or the KK Pathak> version with sanskrit quotes.> 3) The Vasishta Samhita you mentioned is nothing but the "Jagan Mohana"> Muhurta text with the commentary of Girija Shankar Sastri itself and not> the ancient Vasishta samhita.> 4) The Brigu Samhita you mentioned is the prose text containing the> collection of horoscopes, some remedies etc. You are not refering to> and not having the Brigu Samhita containing Sanskrit sloka style.> Please confirm or negate.> Love and regards,> Sreenadh> > , "utkal.panigrahi"> utkal.panigrahi@ wrote:> >> > Astrology should not be drawn to the lines of magic or miracle, it's a> > well organized faculty, helping us, knowing the self and knowing the> > world.> >> > Suppose, one is suffering from financial trouble, whatever collection> we> > have in our possession, we will find him in financial trouble only.> >> > Whatever no of books one can have, study of astrology isto remain> > limited to study of a native's life, that what happens in life, can> only> > be told, that what's not in life, books should not tell.> >> > The theory and concepts we have today because of BPHS, is almost> enough> > to tell somebody about his life, other available suppliments can give> > some additional information or some clarifications where two contrary> > thoughts emerge, there is nothing beyond this, kindly do not laugh,> > rather think over what is said, otherwise, I dont mind it.> >> > We need to develop our understanding of natal chart that comes from> deep> > observation and we are also guided from the inner self, we should> > develop our guru bal and tej that sun gives.> >> > All the good predictors, do have very good sun and jup, if sun> receives> > jup's aspect means exceptional potential for accurate predictions.> this> > is the prime factor amongst others. Had you been studied available> > Vasistha Samhita and applied on transit, you could do marvellous> > predictions in mundane matters, It unravels dual lordship beautifully.> >> > regards,> > Utkal> >> >> > , "sreesog" sreesog@> > wrote:> > >> > > Dear Utkal ji,> > > //I dont think there is some secret treasure hidden in other works> > > mentioned by> > > you.//> > > Ha..Ha... [:))] Ofcourse there does! Otherwise this group won't have> > > been necessary. [:)] Start searching the archives and you see a> > > glimpse of what I mean. [:)]> > > Lomash Samhita = This text is useful but does not seems to be an> > > original (it is in BPHS line). Me too have this text with me.> > > Garga Samhita = I don't have this text. What I have is a collection> of> > > gara hora quotes in a text named Garga Hora. Can you elaborate a bit> > > about the contents of the Garga Samhita text you have? I have the> text> > > called Garga hora dealing with result of planets in various houses,> > and> > > also a personal collection of some rare quotes from ancient Garga> > hora.> > > Vasishta Samhita = The available Vasishta Samhita is not the> original> > > Vasishta samhita at all, but a text named "Jagan Mohana" dealing> with> > > Muhurta. This text is of AD 250 or so origin. What I am speaking> about> > > is the original Vasishta hora numerous quotes from which are still> > > available.> > > Brigu Samhita = I heared much about this text just having a> collection> > > of horoscopes - also known as Brigu nadi. I am not interested in> this> > > text in prose. But it is said that there is another Brigu Samhita> > > available that deals with the traditional astrology in the standard> > way.> > > A poetic text having numerous useful quotes. If this one I am much> > > interested in this text, since it a very rare text even the slokas> > from> > > this text are not heared (most possibly because the text is not> > > available with anyone).> > > Love and regards,> > > Sreenadh> >>

Dear Utkal ji, //The purpose of my Jyotish Study is like that of TulasiDas, "Swantah Sukhaya " or self satisfaction.// I appreciate that approach and for me also it is the same. Self satisfaction it the purpose behind all sincere knowledge gaining efforts. //I m not aware of "Jagan Mohan", have an old copy in my native language on Graha Gochara which is said to be written by Sage Vasistha. What's Jagan Mohan ?// Recently a text was published by Girija Sankar Satri by giving it the name "Vriddha Vasishta Samhita"; but in truth that was an near AD 250 text with the name "Jagan Mohana" (as mentioned in that text itself). The quotes from Jagan Mohana (alias Vriddha vasishta samhita) are quoted by many including Brihat Daivajna Ranjana and Hora Ratna. Calling it "Vriddha Vasishta Samhita" or "Vasishta Samhita" will cause much confusion. It seems that the text you are mentioning -i.e. Graha Gochara ascribed to Sage Vasishta - is a different text. Since the authority of Gochara (Transit) is always ascribed to Vasishta by the 15th century texts like Prasnamarga, most possibly then the text you are having must be a valuable and rare one. Can you please quote the slokas from them or scan that book and upload it in the files section as pdf for the benefit of all? //You asked about Lomash Samhita, It's a great work, more clarity on lordship and placements of planets which is a major constraint felt by most students of astrology, confusion on how to distinguish a case when house A's lord goes to house B with another case when house B's lord comes to house A, there is sharp difference in manifestation of results, but, let me clarify that even without having the copy of Lomash Samhita, a student can understand it. In the July - Sept09's issue of Journal of Astrology, in which, BVB team made it's attempt to understand the differences of 5'th lord's placement in 10'th with 10'th lord's placement in 5'th etc, though the research was focussed on a different topic, they also came up with this study also, they discovered that, Had they studied 4-5 verses of Lomash Samhita, w'd have done much better. Other important points are concept of retro grahas and dictums like if Saturn opposes Sun, Saturn Dasa has to give better results.// That is a good exposition - thanks for the informative input. :) Since available Lomasa Samhita is one of the rare source text we have, me too value this text very much. Thanks again to Girija Sankar Sastri ji for publishing this rare work with a hindi commentry. // I have copy of Late R Santhanam's Garg Hora as well as another copy in my native language.// The copy of Garga hora quotes collection by KK Pathak with sanksrit quotes and its commentry. But some slokas (for some planetary placements in houses) are missing from this text. I will let you know which are the missing quotes. It would be a great help if you could provide me with those quotes from the copy in your native language (I hope the copy in native language you are having contains both sanskrit quotes and its meaning).// It's not good to air doubts on any available or published work, what are achievements with this approach// I am also not in favor of "airing doubts". But ofcourse in favor of disussing the authenticity and dependability of ancient works. Because such a discussion will help us to understand, which books/quotes to depend upon and which not. Our life is limitted and so it time - one cannot learn everything and then start learning and using it. So one has to be selective - and this is the very reason for god providing us with logic and reasoning capabilty. Just like any other intelligent human being me too try to short list and identify the essential (most important) quotes that will provide me with the basic frame work and then tries to start learning from there; me too used to locate the authentic and dependable books/quotes and try digesting them in a better way. I think that it is the path every intelligent humanbeing who tries to learn this subject in a systematic way will do - I am no different.Love and regards,Sreenadh-utkal.panigrahi10/09/09 02:21 am Subject: Re: Rishi Hora texts Dear Srinadh Ji, It's not good to air doubts on any available or published work, what are achievements with this approach, where is authority and what's the ground, The purpose of my Jyotish Study is like that of TulasiDas, "Swantah Sukhaya " or self satisfaction. I m not aware of "Jagan Mohan", have an old copy in my native language on Graha Gochara which is said to be written by Sage Vasistha. What's Jagan Mohan ? You asked about Lomash Samhita, It's a great work, more clarity on lordship and placements of planets which is a major constraint felt by most students of astrology, confusion on how to distinguish a case when house A's lord goes to house B with another case when house B's lord comes to house A, there is sharp difference in manifestation of results, but, let me clarify that even without having the copy of Lomash Samhita, a student can understand it. In the July - Sept09's issue of Journal of Astrology, in which, BVB team made it's attempt to understand the differences of 5'th lord's placement in 10'th with 10'th lord's placement in 5'th etc, though the research was focussed on a different topic, they also came up with this study also, they discovered that, Had they studied 4-5 verses of Lomash Samhita, w'd have done much better. Other important points are concept of retro grahas and dictums like if Saturn opposes Sun, Saturn Dasa has to give better results. I have copy of Late R Santhanam's Garg Hora as well as another copy in my native language. regards, Utkal. , "sreesog" <sreesog wrote: > > Dear Utkal ji, > You never answered my doubts raised in the previous mail. From that, I > made the following observations, please tell me whether they are true or > not. > 1) You didn't find anything new in Lomasa samhita (based on the > statement BPHS is enough) > 2) The Garga Samhita you mentioned is the same "Garga Hora" I mentioned > itself. - either the English only Santanam version or the KK Pathak > version with sanskrit quotes. > 3) The Vasishta Samhita you mentioned is nothing but the "Jagan Mohana" > Muhurta text with the commentary of Girija Shankar Sastri itself and not > the ancient Vasishta samhita. > 4) The Brigu Samhita you mentioned is the prose text containing the > collection of horoscopes, some remedies etc. You are not refering to > and not having the Brigu Samhita containing Sanskrit sloka style. > Please confirm or negate. > Love and regards, > Sreenadh >

Dear Shanmukha ji, I appreciate your views and agree with it. Meditating on a single Matra for realization and making a compilation of rare mantras available (for the benefit of future generation) - both have its own merit. Love and regards,Sreenadh , "teli_sha2002" <teli_sha2002 wrote:>> Shri Ganeshaya Namah> > Namaste Sri Utkal,> > I appreciate and second you regarding the points you wrote. Please go through the following points.> > For predicting a human life, really our astrological tools are very systematic and exhaustive. I have seen people predicting quite wonderfully with Basics. For that matter, not the Magnum Opus BPHS, yet small texts like Jataka Chandrika are quite enough, if we master them. Yet, this doesn't lessen the importance of studying the other valuable resouces.> > As you pointed out texts like Vasishta Samhita deals some other concepts like Dual Lordship, extra Saturine planets etc. This was told by a friend of mine who has that manuscript with him.> > The bottom line is thay if we master at least any one classical text, it suffices to predict with sufficient accuracy in all spheres of human life. But, works like Jaimini, Tajaka etc. specilaizes in some specific aspects of life. As a serious student, one shall use the available astrological tool, not only to predict but to preserve the knowledge for the future generations.> > No controversy intended.> > Regards,> Shanmukha