IndiaDivine.org

Stallone, Sylvester Enzio/ Day Light Saving

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Om Datta GuruDear PVR & all,Is day light saving accommodated in new Jhora or we need to do some alteration pls guideE.g

Name: STALLONE, SLY

July/06/1946

Time: 19:20 EDT (+5:00)

Place: New York, NY

Lat: 40 N 42

Lng: 74 W 00Lagna DegJhora: 19Sg54Kala: 5Sg27Parasara Light: 5Sg26Goravani:5Sg26Jhora is giving different lagna degree so daylight saving to use in Jhora i have not been able to understand, if anyone can guide how to insert it in the software as i presume other softwares are automatically inserting it or have i done a mistake.Pls guideThanksRegardsSunil John

Guest guest

Dear Sunil,

Unfortunately, this is more complicated than you may think. There was a war time law in effect during 1942-1945, but, during 1945-1965, there was no federal law. A federal law was passed only in 1966 to standardize the daylight saving time. During 1945-1966, different states, different cities and different localities used daylight savings time in an inconsistent and non-uniform way. Thus, if you get a US horoscope born in 1945-1965, whether there was a daylight savings time in that year or not, when it started and when it ended would be questionable. These things could potentially change from place to place due to the absence of a law. In the absence of a uniform law, it is even possible that one hospital would use daylight savings time, while another wouldn't.

JHora does NOT do any daylight savings time correction automatically for US charts in the period 1946-1965. If you know for sure that the hospital used the daylight saving time, you can manually tell JHora to use dsylight saving time.

For years from 1966, there was a standardization of daylight savings time and a law was passed. JHora computes daylight savings time correctly from 1966. There was a change from 2007 and that has been incorporated in 7.1

Please refer to

http://webexhibits.org/daylightsaving/e.html

"From 1945 to 1966, there was no federal law regarding Daylight Saving Time, so states and localities were free to choose whether or not to observe Daylight Saving Time and could choose when it began and ended. This understandably caused confusion, especially for the broadcasting industry, as well as for railways, airlines, and bus companies. Because of the different local customs and laws, radio and TV stations and the transportation companies had to publish new schedules every time a state or town began or ended Daylight Saving Time."

"In the early 1960s, observance of Daylight Saving Time was quite inconsistent, with a hodgepodge of time observances, and no agreement about when to change clocks. The Interstate Commerce Commission, the nation's timekeeper, was immobilized, and the matter remained deadlocked. Many business interests were supportive of standardization, although it became a bitter fight between the indoor and outdoor theater industries. The farmers, however, were opposed to such uniformity. State and local governments were a mixed bag, depending on local conditions."

Best regards,NarasimhaDo Ganapathi Homam Yourself: http://www.VedicAstrologer.org/homamSpirituality: Free Jyotish lessons (MP3): http://vedicastro.home.comcast.netFree Jyotish software (Windows): http://www.VedicAstrologer.orgSri Jagannath Centre (SJC) website: http://www.SriJagannath.org

-

suniljohn_2002

jhora

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 8:29 AM

Stallone, Sylvester Enzio/ Day Light Saving

Om Datta GuruDear PVR & all,Is day light saving accommodated in new Jhora or we need to do some alteration pls guideE.g

Name: STALLONE, SLY

July/06/1946

Time: 19:20 EDT (+5:00)

Place: New York, NY

Lat: 40 N 42

Lng: 74 W 00

Lagna Deg

Jhora: 19Sg54

Kala: 5Sg27

Parasara Light: 5Sg26

Goravani:5Sg26

Jhora is giving different lagna degree so daylight saving to use in Jhora i have not been able to understand, if anyone can guide how to insert it in the software as i presume other softwares are automatically inserting it or have i done a mistake.

Pls guide

Thanks

Regards

Sunil John

Checked by AVG. Version: 7.5.524 / Virus Database: 269.23.2/1387 - Release 4/19/2008 11:31 AM

Guest guest

Mr. PVR has already responded explaining the complications of DST during 1944-1966. Now, if you change the timezone to 4 hours West of GMT in the data entry window, you will get results similar to the other programs.suniljohn_2002 <suniljohn_2002 wrote: Om Datta GuruDear PVR & all,Is day light saving accommodated in new Jhora or we need to do some alteration pls guideE.g Name: STALLONE, SLY July/06/1946 Time: 19:20 EDT (+5:00) Gender: M Place: New York, NY Lat: 40 N 42 Lng: 74 W 00 Lagna Deg Jhora: 19Sg54 Kala: 5Sg27 Parasara Light: 5Sg26 Goravani:5Sg26 Jhora is giving different lagna degree so daylight saving to use in Jhora i have not been able to understand, if anyone can guide how to insert it in the software as i presume other softwares are automatically

inserting it or have i done a mistake. Pls guide Thanks Regards Sunil John

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Yes had already done that but wanted to know if automatic daylight was being achievedSJTella Puli <tellapulijhora Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2008 7:00:15 AMRe: Stallone, Sylvester Enzio/ Day Light Saving

Mr. PVR has already responded explaining the complications of DST during 1944-1966. Now, if you change the timezone to 4 hours West of GMT in the data entry window, you will get results similar to the other programs.suniljohn_2002 <suniljohn_2002@ > wrote: Om Datta GuruDear PVR & all,Is day light saving accommodated in new Jhora or we need to do some alteration pls guideE.g Name: STALLONE, SLY July/06/1946 Time: 19:20 EDT (+5:00) Gender: M Place: New York, NY Lat: 40 N 42 Lng: 74 W 00 Lagna Deg Jhora: 19Sg54 Kala: 5Sg27 Parasara Light: 5Sg26 Goravani:5Sg26 Jhora is giving different lagna degree so daylight saving to use in Jhora i have not been able to understand, if anyone can guide how to insert it in the software as i presume other softwares are automatically

inserting it or have i done a mistake. Pls guide Thanks Regards Sunil John Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

dear Master Narasimha . Namaste to you.It is a similar scenario as below for us in malaysia. We too had to go through a number of daylight savings. As such could you please advice as to whether we should do some manual adjustments at daylight saving box, even as we enter coordinates and LMT . i have yet to install the newer version of jhora and prefer to stick to older version.Thank you and please help put this situation to rest .may the divine be our guide. humble student,devamanohariNarasimha P.V.R. Rao <pvrjhora Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2008 4:21:33 PMRe: Stallone, Sylvester Enzio/ Day Light SavingDear Sunil, Unfortunately, this is more complicated than you may think. There was a war time law in effect during 1942-1945, but, during 1945-1965, there was no federal law. A federal law was passed only in 1966 to standardize the daylight saving time. During 1945-1966, different states, different cities and different localities used daylight savings time in an inconsistent and non-uniform way. Thus, if you get a US horoscope born in 1945-1965, whether there was a daylight savings time in that year or not, when it started and when it ended would be questionable. These things could potentially change from place to place due to the absence of a law. In the absence of a uniform law, it is even possible that one hospital would use daylight savings time, while another wouldn't. JHora does NOT do any daylight savings time correction automatically for US charts in the period 1946-1965. If you know for sure that the hospital used the daylight saving time, you can manually tell JHora to use dsylight saving time. For years from 1966, there was a standardization of daylight savings time and a law was passed. JHora computes daylight savings time correctly from 1966. There was a change from 2007 and that has been incorporated in 7.1 Please refer to http://webexhibits. org/daylightsavi ng/e.html "From 1945 to 1966, there was no federal law regarding Daylight Saving Time, so states and localities were free to choose whether or not to observe Daylight Saving Time and could choose when it began and ended. This understandably caused confusion, especially for the broadcasting industry, as well as for railways, airlines, and bus companies. Because of the different local customs and laws, radio and TV stations and the transportation companies had to publish new schedules every time a state or town began or ended Daylight Saving Time.In the early 1960s, observance of Daylight Saving Time was quite inconsistent, with a hodgepodge of time observances, and no agreement about when to change clocks. The Interstate Commerce Commission, the nation's timekeeper, was immobilized, and the matter remained deadlocked. Many business interests were supportive of standardization, although it became a bitter fight between the indoor and outdoor theater industries. The farmers, however, were opposed to such uniformity. State and local governments were a mixed bag, depending on local conditions." Best regards,Narasimha------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ---------Do Ganapathi Homam Yourself: http://www.VedicAst rologer.org/ homamSpirituality: http://groups. / group/vedic- wisdomFree Jyotish lessons (MP3): http://vedicastro. home.comcast. netFree Jyotish software (Windows): http://www.VedicAst rologer.orgSri Jagannath Centre (SJC) website: http://www.SriJagan nath.org------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- - suniljohn_2002 jhora Tuesday, April 22, 2008 8:29 AM Stallone, Sylvester Enzio/ Day Light Saving Om Datta GuruDear PVR & all,Is day light saving accommodated in new Jhora or we need to do some alteration pls guideE.g Name: STALLONE, SLYJuly/06/1946Time: 19:20 EDT (+5:00)Gender: MPlace: New York, NYLat: 40 N 42Lng: 74 W 00Lagna DegJhora: 19Sg54Kala: 5Sg27Parasara Light: 5Sg26Goravani:5Sg26Jhora is giving different lagna degree so daylight saving to use in Jhora i have not been able to understand, if anyone can guide how to insert it in the software as i presume other softwares are automatically inserting it or have i done a mistake.Pls guideThanksRegardsSunil John Checked by AVG. Version: 7.5.524 / Virus Database: 269.23.2/1387 - Release 4/19/2008 11:31 AM