Dasas in Jhora

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

हरे राम कृष्ण

Dear Narasimha and group, Namaskar.

I have now heard on three different occasions from Guruji that the Tara

dasa should be calculated from the Lagna nakshatra. These occasions

include two conference events in the US where he has mentioned this.

Being so, can we despite other available oppinions have an option to

calculate the Tara dasa balance using the Lagna nakshatra instead of

the Moon? Atleast an option to do this would be nice.

Further, it seems that JHora calculates Tara dasa where the order is

based on the strength of planets. To my knowledge this is only used to

find the initiating graha (in Gurujis chart either Rahu or Ketu), after

which the remaining planets follow in clockwise or anti-clockwise

order, viz:

Heres using Rahu as the strongest:

Rahu

Mars (taken next as we move in clockwise order through the

quadrants)

Ketu

Guru

Shukra (the first among the panapharas as taken in clockwise

order)

Surya

Shani

Budha

Chandra

Had Ketu initiated the dasa it would then be anticlockwise, viz: Ketu,

Mars, Rahu, Jupiter, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Sun and Saturn.

This option for the order is what i was taught and gathered from

Sanjayji on many occasions. If you don't agree, then i would be happy

to merely settle on a choice of dasa sesham from either lagna or moon.

Also, if i could add an option for experimentation purposes, i would

like to be able to choose Dasa-sesham in reverse, whether it be Lagna

or Moon as the starting point.

On a different note, in the past i had shown you how the Kala Chakra

Dasa option (as taught by yourself and guruji) as given in the

software, does not match what you have taught in your lengthly but

valuable KCD writeup/article. You have confirmed my observation but i

have yet to see you change the software. So far i'm using my own excel

sheet for this purpose, where i find it needful to open Jhd files in

the separate excel software. Not what i would consider an optimal

solution.

I would love to see a solution to these queries in your next release of

Jhora, and look forward to the same.

Looking forward to your reply.

Yours sincerely, Visti Larsen

----------

www: http://srigaruda.com

@: visti

Guest guest

Dear Visti,

Tara dasa calculation in JHora is based on what Sanjay ji originally taught me. Though Sanjay ji updated the definition a few times, I never found time to update the software. I am afraid I will not be able to add any Tara dasa variations into JHora anytime soon.

The only variation of Tara dasa that I personally found interesting was what Parasara taught in BPHS. This is different from anything Sanjay ji ever taught as far as I know. It always pays to pay attention to Parasara.

Kalachakra dasa is already there. I use "Raghavacharya method (navamsa progression)". When Sanjay ji was at my house one morning several years ago, I showed him a 1931 Telugu book by Raghavacharya on Kalachakra dasa. I read it and presented him what it says. He loved it and thought it made great sense and decided instantly that we should teach it at the next conference. A paper in his name and my name was written and it was presented by him at an SJC conference. However, later I discovered that I made a small error in understanding Raghavacharya and corrected myself. Thus, while there are different versions that were taught during the evolution of the understanding of this, what is given as "Raghavacharya method" in current JHora is the final one. I strongly suggest using that.

To me, the variation that was taught by Sanjay ji and me at the conference is incorrect and not useful. I know that it is not from parampara and I know for a fact that it is based on *my* partial understanding of what Raghavacharya taught, which I shared with Sanjay ji. Some people may be attached to that knowledge because that is what they learnt and they believe that it is correct. But, from my perspective, it was half-developed knowledge that ended up being taught prematurely.

Best regards,NarasimhaDo Ganapathi Homam Yourself: http://www.VedicAstrologer.org/homamSpirituality: Free Jyotish lessons (MP3): http://vedicastro.home.comcast.netFree Jyotish software (Windows): http://www.VedicAstrologer.orgSri Jagannath Centre (SJC) website: http://www.SriJagannath.org

-

Visti Larsen

jhora

Saturday, April 26, 2008 4:44 AM

Dasas in Jhora

हरे राम कृषà¥à¤£Dear Narasimha and group, Namaskar.I have now heard on three different occasions from Guruji that the Tara dasa should be calculated from the Lagna nakshatra. These occasions include two conference events in the US where he has mentioned this.Being so, can we despite other available oppinions have an option to calculate the Tara dasa balance using the Lagna nakshatra instead of the Moon? Atleast an option to do this would be nice.Further, it seems that JHora calculates Tara dasa where the order is based on the strength of planets. To my knowledge this is only used to find the initiating graha (in Gurujis chart either Rahu or Ketu), after which the remaining planets follow in clockwise or anti-clockwise order, viz:Heres using Rahu as the strongest:

Rahu Mars (taken next as we move in clockwise order through the quadrants)

Ketu Guru Shukra (the first among the panapharas as taken in clockwise order)

Surya Shani Budha Chandra Had Ketu initiated the dasa it would then be anticlockwise, viz: Ketu, Mars, Rahu, Jupiter, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Sun and Saturn.This option for the order is what i was taught and gathered from Sanjayji on many occasions. If you don't agree, then i would be happy to merely settle on a choice of dasa sesham from either lagna or moon.Also, if i could add an option for experimentation purposes, i would like to be able to choose Dasa-sesham in reverse, whether it be Lagna or Moon as the starting point.On a different note, in the past i had shown you how the Kala Chakra Dasa option (as taught by yourself and guruji) as given in the software, does not match what you have taught in your lengthly but valuable KCD writeup/article. You have confirmed my observation but i have yet to see you change the software. So far i'm using my own excel sheet for this purpose, where i find it needful to open Jhd files in the separate excel software. Not what i would consider an optimal solution.I would love to see a solution to these queries in your next release of Jhora, and look forward to the same.Looking forward to your reply.Yours sincerely, Visti Larsen----------www: http://srigaruda.com@: visti (AT) srigaruda (DOT) com

Checked by AVG. Version: 7.5.524 / Virus Database: 269.23.5/1398 - Release 4/25/2008 2:31 PM

Guest guest

>Thus, while there are different versions that were taught during the

evolution of the understanding of this, what is given as " Raghavacharya

method " in current JHora is the final one. I strongly suggest using that.<

Dear Narasimha,

Could you please give an outline of how the Raghavacharya method is

calculated (or a current reference). I have used the iteration method(

Jyo Digest Jan-Mar 2005) on several charts and it seems to work quite well.

Thanks

Ron