IndiaDivine.org

Nakshatra lord display

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

In the Basic tab, Key info panel, the current display (longitudes and basic

info), it shows the planet, degrees, nakshatra, nakshatra pada etc.

Can the lord of Nakshatra be added to the same view?

Thanks, DB

Guest guest

Namaste,

I reject the notion that nakshatras are lorded by planets (like Aswini lorded by

Ketu, Bharani by Venus etc).

Same nakshatra is mapped to different planets under different dasa schemes,

Vimsottari dasa being just one of them. The habit of giving too much importance

to Vimsottari dasa lordship of nakshatras is a modern pre-occupation of

astrologers and not mentioned by Parasara or Jaimini. I am not inclined to

promote this misconception. I'll think about it later.

In any case, you can see the Vimsottari based lords of nakshatras occupied by

all planets, if you click on the " KP " bottom tab under the " basics " upper tab.

You can use that method to get what you need.

Thanks,

Narasimha

---- devibhakt <devibhakt wrote:

> In the Basic tab, Key info panel, the current display (longitudes and basic

>

> Can the lord of Nakshatra be added to the same view?

>

> Thanks, DB

Guest guest

Can all lordships for all dasha schemes be given? Perhaps the user can choose

whichever dasha scheme he or she believes in or wants to research? One option

in the Preference section to select the dasha scheme may be helpful.

Thanks, DB

jhora , Narasimha PVR Rao <pvr wrote:

>

> Namaste,

>

> I reject the notion that nakshatras are lorded by planets (like Aswini lorded

by Ketu, Bharani by Venus etc).

>

> Same nakshatra is mapped to different planets under different dasa schemes,

>

> In any case, you can see the Vimsottari based lords of nakshatras occupied by

all planets, if you click on the " KP " bottom tab under the " basics " upper tab.

>

> Thanks,

> Narasimha

>

> ---- devibhakt <devibhakt wrote:

> > In the Basic tab, Key info panel, the current display (longitudes and basic

> >

> > Can the lord of Nakshatra be added to the same view?

> >

> > Thanks, DB

>

Guest guest

Dear Narasimha,

These are very important issues, I haven't heard of from you before.

a/ "Same nakshatra is mapped to different planets under different dasa schemes, Vimsottari dasa being just one of them"

Would you please explain/elaborate on this. Which dasas are you referring to /and what are naks. differences/?b/"The habit of giving too much importance to Vimsottari dasa lordship of nakshatras is a modern pre-occupation of astrologers and not mentioned by Parasara or Jaimini. I am not inclined to promote this misconception"

This is crucial indeed- and begs the question: which dasa system do you accept instead? If Vimsottari, how would you separate that from naksatra concept? Aren't they inherently connected?

We've been told that planets in same naksatras are connected- is that

'misconception' you are referring to?

/unrelated, side-kick q: what's your opinion on applicability of Astottari dasa/

Please tell me your opinion- your choice of system and 'domain' of naksatra concept applicability/if any/

Thanks.

Regards,

Anna

jhora A>, Narasimha PVR Rao <pvr wrote:>> Namaste,> > I reject the notion that nakshatras are lorded by planets (like Aswini lorded by Ketu, Bharani by Venus etc).> > Same nakshatra is mapped to different planets under different dasa schemes, Vimsottari dasa being just one of them. The habit of giving too much importance to Vimsottari dasa lordship of nakshatras is a modern pre-occupation of astrologers and not mentioned by Parasara or Jaimini. I am not inclined to promote this misconception. I'll think about it later.> > In any case, you can see the Vimsottari based lords of nakshatras occupied by all planets, if you click on the "KP" bottom tab under the "basics" upper tab. You

can use that method to get what you need.> > Thanks,> Narasimha> > ---- devibhakt <devibhakt@. ..> wrote: > > In the Basic tab, Key info panel, the current display (longitudes and basic info), it shows the planet, degrees, nakshatra, nakshatra pada etc.> > > > Can the lord of Nakshatra be added to the same view?> > > > Thanks, DB>

Canada Toolbar : Search from anywhere on the web and bookmark your favourite sites. Download it now!

Guest guest

Dear Narasimha,Namste,Your

standpoint in this issue is definitely a surprising news for me and therefore becomes very interesting.

I

am aware that this list is NOT the right platform but as the core message in

your mail implies that "anything outside Parasara & Jaimini" is

invalid (if I interpreted you correctly), which opens a whole new window of opportunity for discussing newer Jyotish based

astrological approaches that may, at least to an acceptable degree, stand the test

statistically.

Maybe we can take it up on the Sohamsa list ?

Your

insight and comment is much appreciated.Best regards/Jay Weiss--- On Mon, 6/15/09, Narasimha PVR Rao <pvr wrote:Narasimha PVR Rao <pvrRe: Nakshatra lord displayjhora Cc: "devibhakt" <devibhaktMonday, June 15, 2009, 10:04 PM

Namaste,

I reject the notion that nakshatras are lorded by planets (like Aswini lorded by Ketu, Bharani by Venus etc).

Same nakshatra is mapped to different planets under different dasa schemes, Vimsottari dasa being just one of them. The habit of giving too much importance to Vimsottari dasa lordship of nakshatras is a modern pre-occupation of astrologers and not mentioned by Parasara or Jaimini. I am not inclined to promote this misconception. I'll think about it later.

In any case, you can see the Vimsottari based lords of nakshatras occupied by all planets, if you click on the "KP" bottom tab under the "basics" upper tab. You can use that method to get what you need.

Thanks,

Narasimha

---- devibhakt <devibhakt > wrote:

> In the Basic tab, Key info panel, the current display (longitudes and basic info), it shows the planet, degrees, nakshatra, nakshatra pada etc.

>

> Can the lord of Nakshatra be added to the same view?

>

> Thanks, DB

Guest guest

Dear Jay and others,

> your mail implies that " anything outside Parasara & Jaimini " is

> invalid (if I interpreted you correctly),

I will be willing to consider things outside of Parasara and Jaimini, if they do

not seem illogical or structurally unsound to me.

If something mentioned by a rishi seems illogical, I will make an extra effort

to understand it better and see if something is missing. If something mentioned

by somebody else seems illogical, I will not even bother.

This particular habit of considering Vimsottari mappings as " nakshatra

lordships " is used by many astrologers for static chart analysis also (as

opposed to judgment of transits in conjunction in Vimsottari dasa). That seems

illogical and structurally unsound to me.

If you use the nakshatra dasa mapping, each nakshatra is " lorded " by different

planets in different schemes. For example, take Swathi. The ruling planet of

Swathi nakshatra is Rahu as per Vimsottari dasa scheme, Mars as per Ashtottari

dasa scheme, Venus as per Shodasottari dasa scheme, Sun as per Yogini dasa

scheme, Mercury as per Shat-trimsa sama dasa scheme, Sun as per Chaturaseeti

sama dasa scheme, Moon as per Sataabdika dasa scheme and so on. What is the

point in saying that " 5th lord is in Swathi, which ruled by Rahu. So Rahu gives

fame " ?

Using the nakshatra rulerships as per Vimsottari dasa scheme to judge natal or

transit positions of planets w.r.t. Vimsottari dasa seems logically sound to me.

So I speculate that someone started using nakshatra mapping for other purposes,

in the context of Vimsottari dasa, and then somebody else started to extrapolate

it illogically and it became a standard practice.

My point is that rishis did not mention this kind of stuff and moreover it is

illogical and structurally unsound.

Best regards,

Narasimha

Do a Short Homam Yourself: http://www.VedicAstrologer.org/homam

Do Pitri Tarpanas Yourself: http://www.VedicAstrologer.org/tarpana

Spirituality:

Free Jyotish lessons (MP3): http://vedicastro.home.comcast.net

Free Jyotish software (Windows): http://www.VedicAstrologer.org

Sri Jagannath Centre (SJC) website: http://www.SriJagannath.org

---- J - Weiss <b4u286 wrote:

> Dear Narasimha,Namste,

> Your

> standpoint in this issue is definitely a surprising news for me and therefore

becomes very interesting.

>

> I

> am aware that this list is NOT the right platform but as the core message in

> your mail implies that " anything outside Parasara & Jaimini " is

> invalid (if I interpreted you correctly), which opens a whole new window of

opportunity for discussing newer Jyotish based

> astrological approaches that may, at least to an acceptable degree, stand the

test

> statistically.

>

> Maybe we can take it up on the Sohamsa list ?

>

> Your

> insight and comment is much appreciated.Best regards/Jay Weiss

>

> --- On Mon, 6/15/09, Narasimha PVR Rao <pvr wrote:

>

> Namaste,

>

> I reject the notion that nakshatras are lorded by planets (like Aswini lorded

by Ketu, Bharani by Venus etc).

>

> Same nakshatra is mapped to different planets under different dasa schemes,

>

> In any case, you can see the Vimsottari based lords of nakshatras occupied by

>

> Thanks,

>

> Narasimha

>

> ---- devibhakt <devibhakt > wrote:

>

> > In the Basic tab, Key info panel, the current display (longitudes and basic

>

>

> > Thanks, DB

Guest guest

Thanks for your detailed explanation Narasimha, which do make sense and can be accepted (at least by me) without any further arguments.Kind regards/Jay Weiss--- On Tue, 6/16/09, Narasimha PVR Rao <pvr wrote:Narasimha PVR Rao <pvrRe: Nakshatra lord displayjhora Cc: "J - Weiss" <b4u286Tuesday, June 16, 2009, 6:21 PM

Dear Jay and others,

> your mail implies that "anything outside Parasara & Jaimini" is

> invalid (if I interpreted you correctly),

I will be willing to consider things outside of Parasara and Jaimini, if they do not seem illogical or structurally unsound to me.

If something mentioned by a rishi seems illogical, I will make an extra effort to understand it better and see if something is missing. If something mentioned by somebody else seems illogical, I will not even bother.

This particular habit of considering Vimsottari mappings as "nakshatra lordships" is used by many astrologers for static chart analysis also (as opposed to judgment of transits in conjunction in Vimsottari dasa). That seems illogical and structurally unsound to me.

If you use the nakshatra dasa mapping, each nakshatra is "lorded" by different planets in different schemes. For example, take Swathi. The ruling planet of Swathi nakshatra is Rahu as per Vimsottari dasa scheme, Mars as per Ashtottari dasa scheme, Venus as per Shodasottari dasa scheme, Sun as per Yogini dasa scheme, Mercury as per Shat-trimsa sama dasa scheme, Sun as per Chaturaseeti sama dasa scheme, Moon as per Sataabdika dasa scheme and so on. What is the point in saying that "5th lord is in Swathi, which ruled by Rahu. So Rahu gives fame"?

Using the nakshatra rulerships as per Vimsottari dasa scheme to judge natal or transit positions of planets w.r.t. Vimsottari dasa seems logically sound to me. So I speculate that someone started using nakshatra mapping for other purposes, in the context of Vimsottari dasa, and then somebody else started to extrapolate it illogically and it became a standard practice.

My point is that rishis did not mention this kind of stuff and moreover it is illogical and structurally unsound.

Best regards,

Narasimha

------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -

Do a Short Homam Yourself: http://www.VedicAst rologer.org/ homam

Do Pitri Tarpanas Yourself: http://www.VedicAst rologer.org/ tarpana

Spirituality: http://groups. / group/vedic- wisdom

Free Jyotish lessons (MP3): http://vedicastro. home.comcast. net

Free Jyotish software (Windows): http://www.VedicAst rologer.org

Sri Jagannath Centre (SJC) website: http://www.SriJagan nath.org

------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -

---- J - Weiss <b4u286 > wrote:

> Dear Narasimha,Namste,

> Your

> standpoint in this issue is definitely a surprising news for me and therefore becomes very interesting.

>

> I

> am aware that this list is NOT the right platform but as the core message in

> your mail implies that "anything outside Parasara & Jaimini" is

> invalid (if I interpreted you correctly), which opens a whole new window of opportunity for discussing newer Jyotish based

> astrological approaches that may, at least to an acceptable degree, stand the test

> statistically.

>

> Maybe we can take it up on the Sohamsa list ?

>

> Your

> insight and comment is much appreciated. Best regards/Jay Weiss

>

> --- On Mon, 6/15/09, Narasimha PVR Rao <pvr (AT) charter (DOT) net> wrote:

>

> Namaste,

>

> I reject the notion that nakshatras are lorded by planets (like Aswini lorded by Ketu, Bharani by Venus etc).

>

> Same nakshatra is mapped to different planets under different dasa schemes, Vimsottari dasa being just one of them. The habit of giving too much importance to Vimsottari dasa lordship of nakshatras is a modern pre-occupation of astrologers and not mentioned by Parasara or Jaimini. I am not inclined to promote this misconception. I'll think about it later.

>

> In any case, you can see the Vimsottari based lords of nakshatras occupied by all planets, if you click on the "KP" bottom tab under the "basics" upper tab. You can use that method to get what you need.

>

> Thanks,

>

> Narasimha

>

> ---- devibhakt <devibhakt > wrote:

>

> > In the Basic tab, Key info panel, the current display (longitudes and basic info), it shows the planet, degrees, nakshatra, nakshatra pada etc.

>

>

> > Thanks, DB

Guest guest

Dear Narasimha,

Unlike Jay, I still don't quite get it all.

Your point of view /bellow/ is valid in all 'things Jyotish', well known to me: I have accepted and respected it; it is exactly the reason why I asked YOU for clarification,

knowing that mystification is simply not your style.

/Narasimha:" If something mentioned by a rishi seems illogical, I will make an extra effort to understand it better and see if something is missing. If something mentioned by somebody else seems illogical, I will not even bother."/

I understand, after your explanation, that nak's are assigned different lordships in various dasa systems, thus your refusal to name/choose particular naksatra rulers is natural and sound reasoning.

Seems I do not get, still, some 'technical' /?/ issues:

"Using the nakshatra rulerships as per Vimsottari dasa scheme to judge natal or transit positions of planets w.r.t. Vimsottari dasa seems logically sound to me"

How would I understand this in the context of your example I thought I understood /" What is the point in saying that "5th lord is in Swathi, which ruled by Rahu. So Rahu gives fame"?/ How do we reconcile these, if we apply Vimsottari only? Perhaps it's my limited knowledge or plain stupid Q; either way I would appreciate your answer/s/

What other purposes you are referring to: 'So I speculate that someone started using nakshatra mapping for other purposes, in the context of Vimsottari dasa, and then .."KP sub-sub lords, or smth else?

Can you recommend some readings on naks. related to other /than V./ dasas- all I've read so far is for Vimsottari. I even didn't know that naksatras had been assigned different lordships- I accepted naksatras & lords as something constant, wrongly I see now. Thanks for that

Regards,

Anna

-- On Tue, 6/16/09, J - Weiss <b4u286 wrote:

J - Weiss <b4u286Re: Nakshatra lord displayjhora Received: Tuesday, June 16, 2009, 11:17 AM

Thanks for your detailed explanation Narasimha, which do make sense and can be accepted (at least by me) without any further arguments.

Kind regards

/Jay Weiss

--- On Tue, 6/16/09, Narasimha PVR Rao <pvr (AT) charter (DOT) net> wrote:

Narasimha PVR Rao <pvr (AT) charter (DOT) net>Re: Nakshatra lord displayjhora Cc: "J - Weiss" <b4u286 >Tuesday, June 16, 2009, 6:21 PM

Dear Jay and others,> your mail implies that "anything outside Parasara & Jaimini" is> invalid (if I interpreted you correctly),I will be willing to consider things outside of Parasara and Jaimini, if they do not seem illogical or structurally unsound to me.If something mentioned by a rishi seems illogical, I will make an extra effort to understand it better and see if something is missing. If something mentioned by somebody else seems illogical, I will not even bother.This particular habit of considering Vimsottari mappings as "nakshatra lordships" is used by many astrologers for static chart analysis also (as opposed to judgment of transits in conjunction in Vimsottari dasa). That seems illogical and structurally unsound to me.If you use the nakshatra dasa mapping, each nakshatra is "lorded" by different planets in different schemes. For example, take Swathi. The ruling planet of Swathi

nakshatra is Rahu as per Vimsottari dasa scheme, Mars as per Ashtottari dasa scheme, Venus as per Shodasottari dasa scheme, Sun as per Yogini dasa scheme, Mercury as per Shat-trimsa sama dasa scheme, Sun as per Chaturaseeti sama dasa scheme, Moon as per Sataabdika dasa scheme and so on. What is the point in saying that "5th lord is in Swathi, which ruled by Rahu. So Rahu gives fame"?Using the nakshatra rulerships as per Vimsottari dasa scheme to judge natal or transit positions of planets w.r.t. Vimsottari dasa seems logically sound to me. So I speculate that someone started using nakshatra mapping for other purposes, in the context of Vimsottari dasa, and then somebody else started to extrapolate it illogically and it became a standard practice.My point is that rishis did not mention this kind of stuff and moreover it is illogical and structurally unsound.Best regards,Narasimha------------ --------- --------- ---------

--------- --------- -Do a Short Homam Yourself: http://www.VedicAst rologer.org/ homamDo Pitri Tarpanas Yourself: http://www.VedicAst rologer.org/ tarpanaSpirituality: http://groups. / group/vedic- wisdomFree Jyotish lessons (MP3): http://vedicastro. home.comcast. netFree Jyotish software (Windows): http://www.VedicAst rologer.orgSri Jagannath Centre (SJC) website: http://www.SriJagan nath.org------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -

---- J - Weiss <b4u286 > wrote: > Dear Narasimha,Namste,> Your> standpoint in this issue is definitely a surprising news for me and therefore becomes very interesting.> > I> am aware that this list is NOT the right platform but as the core message in> your mail implies that "anything outside Parasara & Jaimini" is> invalid (if I interpreted you correctly), which opens a whole new window of opportunity for discussing newer Jyotish based> astrological approaches that may, at least to an acceptable degree, stand the test> statistically.> > Maybe we can take it up on the Sohamsa list ?> > Your> insight and comment is much appreciated. Best regards/Jay Weiss> > --- On Mon, 6/15/09, Narasimha PVR Rao <pvr (AT) charter (DOT) net> wrote:> > Namaste,> > I

reject the notion that nakshatras are lorded by planets (like Aswini lorded by Ketu, Bharani by Venus etc).> > Same nakshatra is mapped to different planets under different dasa schemes, Vimsottari dasa being just one of them. The habit of giving too much importance to Vimsottari dasa lordship of nakshatras is a modern pre-occupation of astrologers and not mentioned by Parasara or Jaimini. I am not inclined to promote this misconception. I'll think about it later.> > In any case, you can see the Vimsottari based lords of nakshatras occupied by all planets, if you click on the "KP" bottom tab under the "basics" upper tab. You can use that method to get what you need.> > Thanks,> > Narasimha> > ---- devibhakt <devibhakt > wrote: > > > In the Basic tab, Key info panel, the current display (longitudes and basic info), it shows the planet, degrees,

nakshatra, nakshatra pada etc.> > > Can the lord of Nakshatra be added to the same view?> > > Thanks, DB

The new Internet Explorer® 8 - Faster, safer, easier. Optimized for Get it Now for Free!

Guest guest

Narasimha,

In the basic tab, key info tab, in the Natal Chart section (where you display

the birth details, tithi, nakshatra, yoga etc.), you currently display the

nakshatra and a planet (the lord of the nakshatra) next to it. Is this lord

according to Vimshotari dasha scheme? If we use a different dasha scheme, will

the percentage left for the nakshatra change too?

thanks, DB

jhora , " devibhakt " <devibhakt wrote:

>

> Can all lordships for all dasha schemes be given? Perhaps the user can choose

whichever dasha scheme he or she believes in or wants to research? One option

in the Preference section to select the dasha scheme may be helpful.

>

> Thanks, DB

>

>

> jhora , Narasimha PVR Rao <pvr@> wrote:

> >

> > Namaste,

> >

> > I reject the notion that nakshatras are lorded by planets (like Aswini

lorded by Ketu, Bharani by Venus etc).

> >

> > Same nakshatra is mapped to different planets under different dasa schemes,

> >

> > In any case, you can see the Vimsottari based lords of nakshatras occupied

by all planets, if you click on the " KP " bottom tab under the " basics " upper

tab. You can use that method to get what you need.

> >

> > Thanks,

> > Narasimha

> >

> > ---- devibhakt <devibhakt@> wrote:

> > > In the Basic tab, Key info panel, the current display (longitudes and

basic info), it shows the planet, degrees, nakshatra, nakshatra pada etc.

> > >

> > > Can the lord of Nakshatra be added to the same view?

> > >

> > > Thanks, DB

> >

>

Guest guest

Namaste,

Yes, you are right. If you use a different dasa scheme, nakshatra percentage left is remains the same and only the planet changes.

Best regards,NarasimhaDo a Short Homam Yourself: http://www.VedicAstrologer.org/homamDo Pitri Tarpanas Yourself: http://www.VedicAstrologer.org/tarpanaSpirituality: Free Jyotish lessons (MP3): http://vedicastro.home.comcast.netFree Jyotish software (Windows): http://www.VedicAstrologer.orgSri Jagannath Centre (SJC) website: http://www.SriJagannath.org

-

devibhakt

jhora

Thursday, June 18, 2009 9:57 PM

Re: Nakshatra lord display

Narasimha,In the basic tab, key info tab, in the Natal Chart section (where you display the birth details, tithi, nakshatra, yoga etc.), you currently display the nakshatra and a planet (the lord of the nakshatra) next to it. Is this lord according to Vimshotari dasha scheme? If we use a different dasha scheme, will the percentage left for the nakshatra change too?thanks, DBjhora , "devibhakt" <devibhakt wrote:>> Can all lordships for all dasha schemes be given? Perhaps the user can choose whichever dasha scheme he or she believes in or wants to research? One option in the Preference section to select the dasha scheme may be helpful.> > Thanks, DB> > > jhora , Narasimha PVR Rao <pvr@> wrote:> >> > Namaste,> > > > I reject the notion that nakshatras are lorded by planets (like Aswini lorded by Ketu, Bharani by Venus etc).> > > > Same nakshatra is mapped to different planets under different dasa schemes, Vimsottari dasa being just one of them. The habit of giving too much importance to Vimsottari dasa lordship of nakshatras is a modern pre-occupation of astrologers and not mentioned by Parasara or Jaimini. I am not inclined to promote this misconception. I'll think about it later.> > > > In any case, you can see the Vimsottari based lords of nakshatras occupied by all planets, if you click on the "KP" bottom tab under the "basics" upper tab. You can use that method to get what you need.> > > > Thanks,> > Narasimha> > > > ---- devibhakt <devibhakt@> wrote: > > > In the Basic tab, Key info panel, the current display (longitudes and basic info), it shows the planet, degrees, nakshatra, nakshatra pada etc.> > > > > > Can the lord of Nakshatra be added to the same view?> > > > > > Thanks, DB> >>

Messages in this topic (9) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic

MARKETPLACE

How Many Triangles? 92.6% of Americans Fail this Question!.

(1) New IQ Challenge. 92.6% of Americans get this question wrong!.

Mom Power: Discover the community of moms doing more for their families, for the world and for each other