IndiaDivine.org

Fw: Mandi calculation in Jhora-correct?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

--- On Mon, 8/24/09, astrolearnjyotish <astrolearnjyotish wrote:astrolearnjyotish <astrolearnjyotish Re: Mandi calculation in Jhora-correct? Date: Monday, August 24, 2009, 4:08 PM

Dear goel Ji

thanks for your expert views

However i believe mandi is given more importance in kerala and the books available from kerala may be more authentic to detail calculation of mandi rather than depending on BPHS which we all know has different editions -with few chapters missing in some editions and some additional chapters found in other editions.the authenticity of BPHS is itself a doubt as i see a lot of discussion going on about that in other groups as well.I understand no conclusion has been reached regarding BPHS as the authentic book as of now

i believe Kerala astrologers predict many things using postition of mandi in navamsa.But because of these differences in calculations from various textbooks ,position of mandi in navamsa is sometimes changed.

BPHS talks about calculation of Gulika and in later chapters suddenly introduces mandi without giving necessary information.

In texts like prasna marga it is clearly mentioned about the calculation of Gulika.It is no different from mandi calculation

VIII. Gulikodaya Kala: This is the time at which the tertiary planet Gulika rises. Each day

at a particular interval of time from sunrise as given below Gulika is said to rise.

Day Night

Sunday 26 10

Monday 22 6

Tuesday 18 2

Wednesday 14 26

Thursday 10 22

Friday 6 18

Saturday 2 14

same way ashtakavarga calculations are different between parasara and varahamihira which is a big problem for astrologers who depend on ashtakavarga for crucial analysis like determining number of children ,timing of birth of children,longevity etc.I am not sure,but i guess many follow varahamihira method of calculation only.

I look forward to views regarding the same from Kerala astrologers who use this more importantly in their day to day practice in prasna and natal chart

Regards

vishnu

vedic_astrology_ classes@gro ups.com, Gopal Goel <gkgoel1937@ ...> wrote:

>

> Dear Vishnu ji,

> The method indicated by you are popular but

> give gross longitudes of Gulika and Mandi.

> The precise values can only be calculated in following

> manner:

> 1. Find out the duration of Saturn's period by dividing

> the duration of the day by 8(eight) during the day and

> the duration of night by eight during the night.

> 2 According to most of the authorities including BPHS

> advocate that initial point of this period be called as Gulika.

> Some prefer to call the ending point of this arc as Gulika.

> 3. Middle point of this arc is called Mandi

> 4 The sign lord where Mandi repeat Mandi falls is called

> Gulikesha.

> 5. The planet which falls in Saturn's portion ( which is termed as

> Gulika portion) becomes afflicted

> 6. Maximum poison is concentrated on the middle portion of

> Gulika portion.. This is why Mandi point is more fearsome than

> Gulika point.

> 7, I believe that JH_hora gives the longitudes of Gulika and Mandi on the basis explained Above.

> Regards,

>

> G.K.GOEL

> Ph: 09350311433

> Add: L-409, SARITA VIHAR

> NEW DELHI-110 076

> INDIA

>

>

>

>

> ____________ _________ _________ __

> As Th <astrolearnjyotish@ ...>

> vedic_astrology_ classes@gro ups.com

> Monday, 24 August, 2009 2:14:19 PM

> [vedic_astrology_ classes] Mandi calculation in Jhora-correct?

>

>

> everyone of us know that mandi position is very important in the chart.Escpecially astrologers in Kerala give a lot of importance to mandi.Most importance use of mandi is in fact verification of birth time in natal charts.

>

> formula

>

>

> "mandi sphhuta* 81/27 should be janma nakshatra or its 9th or 18th.Otherwise birth time has to be corrected."

>

> The method to find Mandi longitude is given in the famous Prasna Marga and other classical jyotish texts.

>

>

> I am reproducing the text from Prasna Marga

>

> From Sunday onwards during daytime the position of Mandi will correspond to the rising

> degree at the end of 26, 22, 18, 14, 10, 6 and 2 ghatikas after sunrise ; provided the sunrise is at 6

> a.m. If the length of the day is more or less than 30, these figures have to be appropriately

> changed. Thus for example if the length of the day is 32 ghatis on a Sunday, the sunrise being at

> 5-40 a.m. then Mandi's position will correspond to the rising degree at the end of 27.73 ghatis

> after sunrise.

> During night times, the position of Mandi will correspond to the rising degree at the end

> of 10, 6, 2, 26, 22, 18 and 14 ghatis respectively from sunset from Sunday onwards. These

> figures hold good provided the duration of night is 30 ghatis. Appropriate alterations should be

> made if the nocturnal duration is more or less than 30 ghatis. If for instance on a Saturday, the

> duration of night is 34 ghatis then the position of Mandi corresponds to the rising degree at 15.86

> ghatis after sunset

>

>

> Jhora and Mandi

>

> Jhora has prederences where we can chose Mandi to be rising at either beginning/middle and end of saturn position.

>

> The mandi longitude obtained by hand calculation differes by a large degree say(3 to 4 degrees) when we chose "Mandi rises at the end of saturn position".But this is the closest option.

>

> If we choose other two options " beginning.middle" .the longitude obtained is far off from which obtained via manual calculation.

>

>

> To check this one can calculate rise of mandi at any day -even today and you will find there is difference

>

>

> regards

>

> vishnu

>

>

>

>

>

>

> See the Web & #39;s breaking stories, chosen by people like you. Check out Buzz. http://in.buzz. /

>

Dear Vishnu ji,

There must be some logic and we should not follow shastra blindly.

If you assume Dinman or Ratriman equal to 32 Ghati , the periods

quoted by you will work out exactly middle points of respective Velas of each

planet.In this case , one eighth portion of the duration of day and night

will be 4 ghatis.

Thus all middle points will fall at 2,6,10,14,18, 22 and 26 ghatis.

Now formula should be any of these periods multiplied by dinman in gatis

divided by 32.

BPHS as available now is still a very informative document.One should study

it and get benefited.

What I follow ,I explained and also recommend you to follow.

Regards,

G.K.GOEL

Ph: 09350311433

Add: L-409, SARITA VIHAR

NEW DELHI-110 076

INDIA

astrolearnjyotish <astrolearnjyotish@ >

vedic_astrology_ classes@gro ups.com

Monday, 24 August, 2009 9:38:27 PM

[vedic_astrology_ classes] Re: Mandi calculation in Jhora-correct?

Dear goel Ji

thanks for your expert views

However i believe mandi is given more importance in kerala and the books

available from kerala may be more authentic to detail calculation of mandi

rather than depending on BPHS which we all know has different editions -with few

chapters missing in some editions and some additional chapters found in other

editions.the authenticity of BPHS is itself a doubt as i see a lot of discussion

going on about that in other groups as well.I understand no conclusion has been

reached regarding BPHS as the authentic book as of now

i believe Kerala astrologers predict many things using postition of mandi in

navamsa.But because of these differences in calculations from various textbooks

,position of mandi in navamsa is sometimes changed.

BPHS talks about calculation of Gulika and in later chapters suddenly introduces

mandi without giving necessary information.

In texts like prasna marga it is clearly mentioned about the calculation of

Gulika.It is no different from mandi calculation

VIII. Gulikodaya Kala: This is the time at which the tertiary planet Gulika

rises. Each day

at a particular interval of time from sunrise as given below Gulika is said to

rise.

Day Night

Sunday 26 10

Monday 22 6

Tuesday 18 2

Wednesday 14 26

Thursday 10 22

Friday 6 18

Saturday 2 14

same way ashtakavarga calculations are different between parasara and

varahamihira which is a big problem for astrologers who depend on ashtakavarga

for crucial analysis like determining number of children ,timing of birth of

children,longevity etc.I am not sure,but i guess many follow varahamihira method

of calculation only.

I look forward to views regarding the same from Kerala astrologers who use this

more importantly in their day to day practice in prasna and natal chart

Regards

vishnu

vedic_astrology_ classes@gro ups.com, Gopal Goel <gkgoel1937@ ....>

wrote:

>

> Dear Vishnu ji,

> The method indicated by you are popular but

> give gross longitudes of Gulika and Mandi.

> The precise values can only be calculated in following

> manner:

> 1. Find out the duration of Saturn's period by dividing

> the duration of the day by 8(eight) during the day and

> the duration of night by eight during the night.

> 2 According to most of the authorities including BPHS

> advocate that initial point of this period be called as Gulika.

> Some prefer to call the ending point of this arc as Gulika.

> 3. Middle point of this arc is called Mandi

> 4 The sign lord where Mandi repeat Mandi falls is called

> Gulikesha.

> 5. The planet which falls in Saturn's portion ( which is termed as

> Gulika portion) becomes afflicted

> 6. Maximum poison is concentrated on the middle portion of

> Gulika portion. This is why Mandi point is more fearsome than

> Gulika point.

> 7, I believe that JH_hora gives the longitudes of Gulika and Mandi on the

basis explained Above.

> Regards,

>

> G.K.GOEL

> Ph: 09350311433

> Add: L-409, SARITA VIHAR

> NEW DELHI-110 076

> INDIA

>

>

>

>

> ____________ _________ _________ __

> As Th <astrolearnjyotish@ ...>

> vedic_astrology_ classes@gro ups.com

> Monday, 24 August, 2009 2:14:19 PM

> [vedic_astrology_ classes] Mandi calculation in Jhora-correct?

>

>

> everyone of us know that mandi position is very important in the

chart.Escpecially astrologers in Kerala give a lot of importance to mandi.Most

importance use of mandi is in fact verification of birth time in natal charts.

>

> formula

>

>

> " mandi sphhuta* 81/27 should be janma nakshatra or its 9th or 18th.Otherwise

birth time has to be corrected. "

>

> The method to find Mandi longitude is given in the famous Prasna Marga and

other classical jyotish texts.

>

>

> I am reproducing the text from Prasna Marga

>

> From Sunday onwards during daytime the position of Mandi will correspond to

the rising

> degree at the end of 26, 22, 18, 14, 10, 6 and 2 ghatikas after sunrise ;

provided the sunrise is at 6

> a.m. If the length of the day is more or less than 30, these figures have to

be appropriately

> changed. Thus for example if the length of the day is 32 ghatis on a Sunday,

the sunrise being at

> 5-40 a.m. then Mandi's position will correspond to the rising degree at the

end of 27.73 ghatis

> after sunrise.

> During night times, the position of Mandi will correspond to the rising degree

at the end

> of 10, 6, 2, 26, 22, 18 and 14 ghatis respectively from sunset from Sunday

onwards. These

> figures hold good provided the duration of night is 30 ghatis. Appropriate

alterations should be

> made if the nocturnal duration is more or less than 30 ghatis. If for instance

on a Saturday, the

> duration of night is 34 ghatis then the position of Mandi corresponds to the

rising degree at 15.86

> ghatis after sunset

>

>

> Jhora and Mandi

>

> Jhora has prederences where we can chose Mandi to be rising at either

beginning/middle and end of saturn position.

>

> The mandi longitude obtained by hand calculation differes by a large degree

say(3 to 4 degrees) when we chose " Mandi rises at the end of saturn

position " .But this is the closest option.

>

> If we choose other two options " beginning.middle " .the longitude obtained is

far off from which obtained via manual calculation.

>

>

> To check this one can calculate rise of mandi at any day -even today and you

will find there is difference

>

>

> regards

>

> vishnu

See the Web & #39;s breaking stories, chosen by people like you. Check out

Buzz. http://in.buzz. /

>

See the Web's breaking stories, chosen by people like you. Check out

Buzz.

Looking for local information? Find it on Local

http://in.local./

Dear Vishnu ji,There must be some logic and we should not follow shastra blindly.If you assume Dinman or Ratriman equal to 32 Ghati , the periods quoted by you will work out exactly middle points of respective Velas of each planet.In this case , one eighth portion of the duration of day and nightwill be 4 ghatis.Thus all middle points will fall at 2,6,10,14,18, 22 and 26 ghatis.Now formula should be any of these periods multiplied by dinman in gatisdivided by 32.BPHS as available now is still a very informative document.One should study it and get benefited.What I follow ,I explained and also recommend you to follow.Regards, G.K.GOELPh:

09350311433Add: L-409, SARITA VIHARNEW DELHI-110 076INDIAastrolearnjyotish <astrolearnjyotish@ >vedic_astrology_ classes@gro ups.comMonday, 24 August, 2009 9:38:27 PM[vedic_astrology_ classes] Re: Mandi calculation in Jhora-correct? Dear goel Ji thanks for your expert views However i believe mandi is given more importance in kerala and the books

available from kerala may be more authentic to detail calculation of mandi rather than depending on BPHS which we all know has different editions -with few chapters missing in some editions and some additional chapters found in other editions.the authenticity of BPHS is itself a doubt as i see a lot of discussion going on about that in other groups as well.I understand no conclusion has been reached regarding BPHS as the authentic book as of now i believe Kerala astrologers predict many things using postition of mandi in navamsa.But because of these differences in calculations from various textbooks ,position of mandi in navamsa is sometimes changed. BPHS talks about

calculation of Gulika and in later chapters suddenly introduces mandi without giving necessary information. In texts like prasna marga it is clearly mentioned about the calculation of Gulika.It is no different from mandi calculation VIII. Gulikodaya Kala: This is the time at which the tertiary planet Gulika rises. Each day at a particular interval of time from sunrise as given below Gulika is said to rise. Day Night Sunday 26 10 Monday 22 6 Tuesday 18 2 Wednesday 14 26 Thursday 10 22 Friday 6 18 Saturday 2 14 same way ashtakavarga calculations are different between parasara and varahamihira which is a big problem for astrologers who depend on ashtakavarga for crucial analysis like determining number of children ,timing of birth of children,longevity etc.I am not sure,but i guess many follow varahamihira method of calculation

only. I look forward to views regarding the same from Kerala astrologers who use this more importantly in their day to day practice in prasna and natal chart Regards vishnu vedic_astrology_ classes@gro ups.com, Gopal Goel <gkgoel1937@ ....> wrote: > > Dear Vishnu ji, > The method indicated by you are popular but > give gross longitudes of Gulika and Mandi. > The precise values can only be calculated in following > manner: > 1. Find out the duration of Saturn's period by dividing > the duration of the day by 8(eight) during the day and > the duration of night by eight during the night. > 2 According to most of the authorities including BPHS > advocate that initial point

of this period be called as Gulika. > Some prefer to call the ending point of this arc as Gulika. > 3. Middle point of this arc is called Mandi > 4 The sign lord where Mandi repeat Mandi falls is called > Gulikesha. > 5. The planet which falls in Saturn's portion ( which is termed as > Gulika portion) becomes afflicted > 6. Maximum poison is concentrated on the middle portion of > Gulika portion. This is why Mandi point is more fearsome than > Gulika point. > 7, I believe that JH_hora gives the longitudes of Gulika and Mandi on the basis explained Above. > Regards, > > G.K.GOEL > Ph: 09350311433 > Add: L-409, SARITA VIHAR > NEW DELHI-110 076 > INDIA > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ __ > As Th <astrolearnjyotish@ ...> > vedic_astrology_ classes@gro ups.com > Monday, 24 August, 2009 2:14:19 PM > [vedic_astrology_ classes] Mandi calculation in Jhora-correct? > > > everyone of us know that mandi position is very important in the chart.Escpecially astrologers in Kerala give a lot of importance to mandi.Most importance use of mandi is in fact verification of birth time in natal charts. > > formula > > > "mandi sphhuta* 81/27 should be janma nakshatra or its 9th or 18th.Otherwise birth time has to be corrected." > > The method to find Mandi longitude is given in the famous Prasna Marga and other classical jyotish texts. > > > I am reproducing the text from Prasna Marga > > From Sunday

onwards during daytime the position of Mandi will correspond to the rising > degree at the end of 26, 22, 18, 14, 10, 6 and 2 ghatikas after sunrise ; provided the sunrise is at 6 > a.m. If the length of the day is more or less than 30, these figures have to be appropriately > changed. Thus for example if the length of the day is 32 ghatis on a Sunday, the sunrise being at > 5-40 a.m. then Mandi's position will correspond to the rising degree at the end of 27.73 ghatis > after sunrise. > During night times, the position of Mandi will correspond to the rising degree at the end > of 10, 6, 2, 26, 22, 18 and 14 ghatis respectively from sunset from Sunday onwards. These > figures hold good provided the duration of night is 30 ghatis. Appropriate alterations should be > made if the nocturnal duration is more or less than 30 ghatis. If for instance on a Saturday, the > duration of

night is 34 ghatis then the position of Mandi corresponds to the rising degree at 15.86 > ghatis after sunset > > > Jhora and Mandi > > Jhora has prederences where we can chose Mandi to be rising at either beginning/middle and end of saturn position. > > The mandi longitude obtained by hand calculation differes by a large degree say(3 to 4 degrees) when we chose "Mandi rises at the end of saturn position".But this is the closest option. > > If we choose other two options " beginning.middle" .the longitude obtained is far off from which obtained via manual calculation. > > > To check this one can calculate rise of mandi at any day -even today and you will find there is difference > > > regards > > vishnu > > > > > > > See the

Web & #39;s breaking stories, chosen by people like you. Check out Buzz. http://in.buzz. / >

See the Web's breaking stories, chosen by people like you. Check out Buzz.

recommends that you upgrade to the new and safer Internet Explorer 8.

Namaste goel JiThanks for your recommendation and informative postHowever i did not understand one thingyou said-Dinaman and ratriman assumed to be of 32 ghatis and taking 1/8th of it as 4 ghatis .So the corresponding points for weekdays will be 2,6,10,14.......... and so onlet me put forward the method i follow according to the classic prasna marga.The same calculation method is given in another highly acclaimed classic sarvarth chintamani which uses mandi in many places for predicting results.The verses in sarvatha chintamani(133,134,135 -BooK by late J.N.Bhasin) which refers to mandi and gulika calculation tableare the same which is mentioned in prasna marga .The method which i

followExample-Mandi rising for a person born today in Delhi at 2pm ISTsunrise- 5.59..26 amsunset - 6.46.38 pmweekday-wednesdaydifference between sunrise and sunset = 12.47.12 hrsDay =12.47.12=767 min 12 sec =31.96 ghatis -31 ghatis 57 vighatisNight= 60-31'57''=28 ghatis 03 vighatisMandi rising = 31 ' 57'' / 30 multiplied by 14(for wednesday)To calculate mandi risinf at night =28 '03/30 multiplied by 14(for wednesday)For day31 '57 *14/30 =447' 20'' /30 = 14 gh 55 vighatis14 gh 55 vighatis=358 mins which is 5 hrs 58 minsso calculating from sunrise ,mandi rising is 5.59.26 +5

..58.00=11.57.26 Ascendant at 11.57.26 am =26 libra 56.(SO MANDI RISE=26' LIBRA 56'')calculation in jhora for birth at 2 pm todaymandi rises at beginning of saturn portion=11 Li 45Middle of saturn portion =22 li 07end of saturn portion = 2 sc 19we can see that middle of saturn portion calculation in jhora comes close to the actual mandi rise in this case. but still 4 degrees apart which changes the navamsa of Mandi.Regarding this Narasimha ji has clarified that jhora as default calculates mandi rising from beginning/middle of saturn portion and also it has options to calculate from the eight's portion.we also saw from Sanjay Prabhakaran ji post that mandi and gulika are

different and worshipped as two different deities in a temple.ThanksVishnu--- On Tue, 8/25/09, Gopal Goel <gkgoel1937 wrote:Gopal Goel <gkgoel1937 Fw: Re: Mandi calculation in Jhora-correct?astrologyandremedies , Indian_Astrology_Group_Daily_Digest Cc: revati_energetics_true_vedic_astrology , vedic astrology , "P.V.R. Narasimha Rao" <pvr108, "sohamsa" <sohamsa >Tuesday, August 25, 2009, 10:48 AM

Dear Vishnu ji,There must be some logic and we should not follow shastra blindly.If you assume Dinman or Ratriman equal to 32 Ghati , the periods quoted by you will work out exactly middle points of respective Velas of each planet.In this case , one eighth portion of the duration of day and nightwill be 4 ghatis.Thus all middle points will fall at 2,6,10,14,18, 22 and 26 ghatis.Now formula should be any of these periods multiplied by dinman in gatisdivided by 32.BPHS as available now is still a very informative document.One should study it and get benefited.What I follow ,I explained and also recommend you to follow.Regards, G.K.GOELPh:

09350311433Add: L-409, SARITA VIHARNEW DELHI-110 076INDIAastrolearnjyotish <astrolearnjyotish@ >vedic_astrology_ classes@gro ups.comMonday, 24 August, 2009 9:38:27 PM[vedic_astrology_ classes] Re: Mandi calculation in Jhora-correct? Dear goel Ji thanks for your expert views However i believe mandi is given more importance in kerala and the books

available from kerala may be more authentic to detail calculation of mandi rather than depending on BPHS which we all know has different editions -with few chapters missing in some editions and some additional chapters found in other editions.the authenticity of BPHS is itself a doubt as i see a lot of discussion going on about that in other groups as well.I understand no conclusion has been reached regarding BPHS as the authentic book as of now i believe Kerala astrologers predict many things using postition of mandi in navamsa.But because of these differences in calculations from various textbooks ,position of mandi in navamsa is sometimes changed. BPHS talks about

calculation of Gulika and in later chapters suddenly introduces mandi without giving necessary information. In texts like prasna marga it is clearly mentioned about the calculation of Gulika.It is no different from mandi calculation VIII. Gulikodaya Kala: This is the time at which the tertiary planet Gulika rises. Each day at a particular interval of time from sunrise as given below Gulika is said to rise. Day Night Sunday 26 10 Monday 22 6 Tuesday 18 2 Wednesday 14 26 Thursday 10 22 Friday 6 18 Saturday 2 14 same way ashtakavarga calculations are different between parasara and varahamihira which is a big problem for astrologers who depend on ashtakavarga for crucial analysis like determining number of children ,timing of birth of children,longevity etc.I am not sure,but i guess many follow varahamihira method of calculation

only. I look forward to views regarding the same from Kerala astrologers who use this more importantly in their day to day practice in prasna and natal chart Regards vishnu vedic_astrology_ classes@gro ups.com, Gopal Goel <gkgoel1937@ ....> wrote: > > Dear Vishnu ji, > The method indicated by you are popular but > give gross longitudes of Gulika and Mandi. > The precise values can only be calculated in following > manner: > 1. Find out the duration of Saturn's period by dividing > the duration of the day by 8(eight) during the day and > the duration of night by eight during the night. > 2 According to most of the authorities including BPHS > advocate that

initial point

of this period be called as Gulika. > Some prefer to call the ending point of this arc as Gulika. > 3. Middle point of this arc is called Mandi > 4 The sign lord where Mandi repeat Mandi falls is called > Gulikesha. > 5. The planet which falls in Saturn's portion ( which is termed as > Gulika portion) becomes afflicted > 6. Maximum poison is concentrated on the middle portion of > Gulika portion. This is why Mandi point is more fearsome than > Gulika point. > 7, I believe that JH_hora gives the longitudes of Gulika and Mandi on the basis explained Above. > Regards, > > G.K.GOEL > Ph: 09350311433 > Add: L-409, SARITA VIHAR > NEW DELHI-110 076 > INDIA > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ __ > As Th <astrolearnjyotish@ ...> > vedic_astrology_ classes@gro ups.com > Monday, 24 August, 2009 2:14:19 PM > [vedic_astrology_ classes] Mandi calculation in Jhora-correct? > > > everyone of us know that mandi position is very important in the chart.Escpecially astrologers in Kerala give a lot of importance to mandi.Most importance use of mandi is in fact verification of birth time in natal charts. > > formula > > > "mandi sphhuta* 81/27 should be janma nakshatra or its 9th or 18th.Otherwise birth time has to be corrected." > > The method to find Mandi longitude is given in the famous Prasna Marga and other classical jyotish texts. > > > I am reproducing the text from Prasna Marga > > From

Sunday

onwards during daytime the position of Mandi will correspond to the rising > degree at the end of 26, 22, 18, 14, 10, 6 and 2 ghatikas after sunrise ; provided the sunrise is at 6 > a.m. If the length of the day is more or less than 30, these figures have to be appropriately > changed. Thus for example if the length of the day is 32 ghatis on a Sunday, the sunrise being at > 5-40 a.m. then Mandi's position will correspond to the rising degree at the end of 27.73 ghatis > after sunrise. > During night times, the position of Mandi will correspond to the rising degree at the end > of 10, 6, 2, 26, 22, 18 and 14 ghatis respectively from sunset from Sunday onwards. These > figures hold good provided the duration of night is 30 ghatis. Appropriate alterations should be > made if the nocturnal duration is more or less than 30 ghatis. If for instance on a Saturday, the > duration of

night is 34 ghatis then the position of Mandi corresponds to the rising degree at 15.86 > ghatis after sunset > > > Jhora and Mandi > > Jhora has prederences where we can chose Mandi to be rising at either beginning/middle and end of saturn position. > > The mandi longitude obtained by hand calculation differes by a large degree say(3 to 4 degrees) when we chose "Mandi rises at the end of saturn position".But this is the closest option. > > If we choose other two options " beginning.middle" .the longitude obtained is far off from which obtained via manual calculation. > > > To check this one can calculate rise of mandi at any day -even today and you will find there is difference > > > regards > > vishnu > > > > > > > See the

Web & #39;s breaking stories, chosen by people like you. Check out Buzz. http://in.buzz. / >

See the Web's breaking stories, chosen by people like you. Check out Buzz.

recommends that you upgrade to the new and safer Internet Explorer 8.