IndiaDivine.org

JHora Queries

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Narasimha,Namaste.I got this e-mail from someone about the upcoming sankranti

"Jan 14th

2010 is very very special day ,its coming after 1000 year due

to

Makar

sankrant ,Moni Amavasya ,Sun eclips ,Uttrayan all coming on 14th jan.."

Is it possible to verify this claim using JHORA. If yes, how can we do that?Also, in your research article you have mentioned that first house starts from the Lagna longitude i.e the first house could extend across two rasis...and so on for other houses...JyotishWritings/message/6How do we set this as the default setting for JHora? Under the Basics..House tab, you can view the house divisions per your research and also see this in the rasi (D-1) chart using the Bhava Chakra feature but how do you see this "Bhava Chakra" for divisional charts? i.e. if I want to see the house division in D-10 based on the divisional longitudes of the planets in D-10...For e.g. Saturn in your D-10 is at 0 Vi 57',

whereas the D-10 Lagna is at 21 Vi 31'. This would put Sa in the 12th house. Is it possible to see this in D-10 chart without having to manually see this under the "Key Info" tab? I hope this makes sense!Thanks,Chandraprakash

Dear Chandraprakash,

First of all make it clear in yourmind that the timings given are related to longitude. So Makar Sankranti is on 14th of January and the transition of Sun is at 12:36 here in Nagpur and may be some variation at related places. Amavasya Starts at 07:45 here at local time. But Sun Eclips is on 15th of January at 11:36 hrs local time here in Nagpur. So it is clear that the Yoga of three soesn;t with stand.

Second issue that you said about Bhav Chakra. In divisional charts there is no bhav chakra. For bhav chakras read some books on astronomy by PVR and/or see the contents on help tab in JHora program. there you can find about Bhav Chakra.

With regards,

Sant Guruji

Chandra Prakash <vedicstudentjhora Sent: Sat, 2 January, 2010 9:40:53 AM JHora Queries

Dear Narasimha,Namaste.I got this e-mail from someone about the upcoming sankranti

"Jan 14th 2010 is very very special day ,its coming after 1000 year due to

Makar sankrant ,Moni Amavasya ,Sun eclips ,Uttrayan all coming on 14th jan.."Is it possible to verify this claim using JHORA. If yes, how can we do that?

Also, in your research article you have mentioned that first house starts from the Lagna longitude i.e the first house could extend across two rasis...and so on for other houses...http://groups. / group/JyotishWri tings/message/ 6How do we set this as the default setting for JHora? Under the Basics..House tab, you can view the house divisions per your research and also see this in the rasi (D-1) chart using the Bhava Chakra feature but how do you see this "Bhava Chakra" for divisional charts? i.e. if I want to see the house division in D-10 based on the divisional longitudes of the planets in D-10...For e.g. Saturn in your D-10 is at 0 Vi 57', whereas the D-10 Lagna is at 21 Vi 31'. This would put Sa in the 12th

house. Is it possible to see this in D-10 chart without having to manually see this under the "Key Info" tab? I hope this makes sense!Thanks,Chandraprakash

The INTERNET now has a personality. YOURS! See your Homepage.

Namaste,Per JHora, here are the two relevant calculations for Washington DC, USASun transits into Makar: 1:53:06 am on Jan 14, 2010Start of Eclipse:11:05:27 pm on Jan 14, 2010Amavasya is present at both the transit of Sun into Makar and also at the start of the Eclipse.While these timings may not fit exactly into our Vedic day (beginning at Sunrise), all these three events happen withing a span of 24 hours....anyway, that was the not the point of the original question...what I really wanted to know was if it is possible to actually see if such a phenomenon was as rare (once in the last 1000 years) as stated in the e-mail I got...For the second query related to

divisional charts, please read Narasimha's article on Atma Karaka Kendradi Graha (AKKG) dasa. ( http://www.vedicastrologer.org/articles/index.htm ). He does in fact suggest that we start looking at the divisional charts based on Lagna and planetary longitudes in the divisional charts....again, my query was more related to the technical aspects and not so much on the philosophical aspects...this is not the appropriate forum for that anyway!Hope this clarifies things a little bit....sincerely,Chandraprakash.Niranjan Sant <shreegauriassociates01jhora Sent: Sat, January 2, 2010 12:07:45 AMRe: JHora Queries

Dear Chandraprakash,

First of all make it clear in yourmind that the timings given are related to longitude. So Makar Sankranti is on 14th of January and the transition of Sun is at 12:36 here in Nagpur and may be some variation at related places. Amavasya Starts at 07:45 here at local time. But Sun Eclips is on 15th of January at 11:36 hrs local time here in Nagpur. So it is clear that the Yoga of three soesn;t with stand.

Second issue that you said about Bhav Chakra. In divisional charts there is no bhav chakra. For bhav chakras read some books on astronomy by PVR and/or see the contents on help tab in JHora program. there you can find about Bhav Chakra.

With regards,

Sant Guruji

Chandra Prakash <vedicstudent@ >jhora Sat, 2 January, 2010 9:40:53 AM JHora Queries

"Jan 14th 2010 is very very special day ,its coming after 1000 year due to

Makar sankrant ,Moni Amavasya ,Sun eclips ,Uttrayan all coming on 14th jan.."Is it possible to verify this claim using JHORA. If yes, how can we do that?

Also, in your research article you have mentioned that first house starts from the Lagna longitude i.e the first house could extend across two rasis...and so on for other houses...http://groups. / group/JyotishWri tings/message/ 6How do we set this as the default setting for JHora? Under the Basics..House tab, you can view the house divisions per your research and also see this in the rasi (D-1) chart using the Bhava Chakra feature but how do you see this "Bhava Chakra" for divisional charts? i.e. if I want to see the house division in D-10 based on the divisional longitudes of the planets in D-10...For e.g. Saturn in your D-10 is at 0 Vi 57', whereas the D-10 Lagna is at 21 Vi 31'. This would put Sa in the 12th

house. Is it possible to see this in D-10 chart without having to manually see this under the "Key Info" tab? I hope this makes sense!Thanks,Chandraprakash

The INTERNET now has a personality. YOURS! See your Homepage.

Namaste Sri Chandra Prakash,

Go to the " Basics " tab and select the " Houses " sub-tab at the bottom.

Right-click and select the following options:

1. Equal Houses (30 deg each).

2. Ascendant (or the chosen reference) is at the start of the house.

3. Preferences from the Menu -> Save Preferences.

This would not give you the Bhava chakra as defined by Narasimha. Now, as to

similar display in d-charts, I guess it is not included in the latest release

and Narasimha may release it with the next version. Please get it confirmed from

Narasimha. As of now, you will have to do this visualization mentally :).

Regards

Narayan

jhora , Chandra Prakash <vedicstudent wrote:

>

> Namaste,

>

> Per JHora, here are the two relevant calculations for Washington DC, USA

> Sun transits into Makar: 1:53:06 am on Jan 14, 2010

> Start of Eclipse:11:05:27 pm on Jan 14, 2010

>

> Amavasya is present at both the transit of Sun into Makar and also at the

start of the Eclipse.

>

> While these timings may not fit exactly into our Vedic day (beginning at

Sunrise), all these three events happen withing a span of 24 hours....anyway,

that was the not the point of the original question...what I really wanted to

know was if it is possible to actually see if such a phenomenon was as rare

(once in the last 1000 years) as stated in the e-mail I got...

>

> For the second query related to divisional charts, please read Narasimha's

article on Atma Karaka Kendradi Graha (AKKG) dasa. (

http://www.vedicastrologer.org/articles/index.htm ). He does in fact suggest

that we start looking at the divisional charts based on Lagna and planetary

longitudes in the divisional charts...again, my query was more related to the

technical aspects and not so much on the philosophical aspects...this is not the

appropriate forum for that anyway!

>

> Hope this clarifies things a little bit....

>

> sincerely,

> Chandraprakash.

>

>

> ________________________________

> Niranjan Sant <shreegauriassociates01

> jhora

> Sat, January 2, 2010 12:07:45 AM

> Re: JHora Queries

>

>

> Dear Chandraprakash,

> First of all make it clear in yourmind that the timings given are related to

longitude. So Makar Sankranti is on 14th of January and the transition of Sun is

at 12:36 here in Nagpur and may be some variation at related places. Amavasya

Starts at 07:45 here at local time. But Sun Eclips is on 15th of January at

11:36 hrs local time here in Nagpur. So it is clear that the Yoga of three

soesn;t with stand.

>

> Second issue that you said about Bhav Chakra. In divisional charts there is no

bhav chakra. For bhav chakras read some books on astronomy by PVR and/or see the

contents on help tab in JHora program. there you can find about Bhav Chakra.

>

> With regards,

>

> Sant Guruji

>

>

>

>

> Chandra Prakash <vedicstudent@ >

> jhora

> Sat, 2 January, 2010 9:40:53 AM

> JHora Queries

>

>

> Dear Narasimha,

>

> Namaste.

>

> I got this e-mail from someone about the upcoming sankranti

>

>

> " Jan 14th 2010 is very very special day ,its coming after 1000 year due to

> Makar sankrant ,Moni Amavasya ,Sun eclips ,Uttrayan all coming on 14th jan.. "

> Is it possible to verify this claim using JHORA. If yes, how can we do that?

>

>

> Also, in your research article you have mentioned that first house starts from

the Lagna longitude i.e the first house could extend across two rasis...and so

on for other houses...

>

> http://groups. / group/JyotishWri tings/message/ 6

>

> How do we set this as the default setting for JHora? Under the Basics..House

tab, you can view the house divisions per your research and also see this in the

rasi (D-1) chart using the Bhava Chakra feature but how do you see this " Bhava

Chakra " for divisional charts? i.e. if I want to see the house division in D-10

based on the divisional longitudes of the planets in D-10...

>

> For e.g. Saturn in your D-10 is at 0 Vi 57', whereas the D-10 Lagna is at 21

Vi 31'. This would put Sa in the 12th house. Is it possible to see this in D-10

chart without having to manually see this under the " Key Info " tab? I hope this

makes sense!

>

> Thanks,

> Chandraprakash

>

> The INTERNET now has a personality. YOURS! See your Homepage.

>