IndiaDivine.org

Jagannatha Hora 7.4 beta2 /bug

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi all,

there is a bug here, I suppose-

'preferences set by author'option- AL calc. is incorrect in this case /just, so far/

When 'restore default' option is chosen it's correct

DOB: January 23, 1952, 4pm

Lo:21E54; La 43N19,

Time zone: -1E

A.

S.A.R.

bona_mente

--- On Tue, 3/9/10, Narasimha PVR Rao <pvr wrote:

Narasimha PVR Rao <pvr Re: Jagannatha Hora 7.4 beta2 available for downloadjhora Cc: "dghole1971" <dghole1971Received: Tuesday, March 9, 2010, 8:02 AM

Namaste,No, that is an error. I missed it. Someone else also pointed out. It will be fixed.Thanks,Narasimha---- dghole1971 <dghole1971 > wrote: > > || Om Gam Ganapataye Namah ||> > Dear Narasimha Namaskar,> > I want to confirm a couple of settings that default when I use "Set> Calculation Options as recommended by author".> > When I use the above option, the settings for houses (Basics tab on top/> House tab at the bottom) also change to ""Each rasi is a house> (Parasari/ True Vedic)" and "Ascendant (or the choosen reference) is the> middle of first house".> > Are these settings what you use as default? If not, can these also be> set to the ones you use

when I choose the recommended by author option?> > Love> > Dhananjay> > > jhora , Narasimha PVR Rao <pvr wrote:> >> > Namaste,> >> > Please download the latest JHora 7.4 beta2 at> >> > http://www.VedicAst rologer.org/ jh/test/jh_ update.zip> >> > Just unzip it and run jh_update.exe that you get.> >> > Please note that this is not a full release. It is only a differential> "update". If you have a working copy of JHora 7.3 or later on your> computer, this update will work. If not, you will need a full> installation

and please wait till I release it.> >> > It contains a few bug-fixes and some additions compared to JHora 7.4> beta:> >> > (1) All the bugs pointed out in JHora 7.4 beta have been fixed.> >> > (2) Gunanka scores based on ashtakoota (eight-factor) horoscope> matching for marriage are included now. Please click "View" and> "Horoscope Matching Score" or the icon in the toolbar with a man and> woman. If you enter the nakshatra and pada of bride/bridegroom, gunanka> score and classification will be shown.> >> > (3) The defaults in JHora are historically set to various values and I> tend to not change defaults as that seems to create confusion. However,> my own recommendations have evolved over the time. I added a menu item> to set preferences to my liking ("Preferences" >> "Related to> calculations" >>

"Set Calculation Options as recommended by author"). If> you click it, all preferences (ayanamsa, sunrise, chara karaka> definition etc) will be set based on what *I* recommend.> >> > In future, I will try to collect the preference files of famous> organizations (e.g. SJC) and add menu items to set preferences based on> their recommendations.> >> > * * *> >> > The features added in JHora 7.4 beta (compared to JHora 7.33) are> listed here again:> >> > (1) Bhava arudha pada calculation has a new option now (not the> default) to find bhava arudha padas based on exact longitudes. This will> allow you to replicate the calculations in the free article "Padamsas> and Tranits: A Research Finding" at> http://www.vedicast rologer.org/

articles).> >> > (2) The Vimsottari dasa based progressed chart where lagna and nine> planets are progressed based on the Vimsottari dasa progression is> supported now. This will allow you to replicate the calculations in the> free article "Transits and Vimsottari Dasa Progression: A Specific> Correlation" at http://www.vedicast rologer.org/ articles).> >> > (3) In addition, progressed charts based on Yogini dasa, Kalachakra> dasa and Sudarsana Chakra dasa are also available, enabling further> researches into fine quantitative correlations between dasa based> progressed charts and transit charts.> >> > (4) JHora was only giving Ishta phala and Kashta phala calculated> based on Dr Raman's book on balas earlier. JHora now also gives Ishta> Phala and

Kashta Phala of Parasara, as defined in BPHS. In addition,> JHora now gives Uchcha rashmi, Cheshta rashmi, Subha rashmi and Asubha> rashmi of seven planets, as defined by Parasara in BPHS.> >> > (5) Avayogi calculation had a bug that affected 50% charts. It is> fixed now.> >> > (6) JHora's "mundane" tab now has a button to locate the stationary> transits of planets. This will allow you to replicate the calculations> in the free article "Stationary Planets in Transit (A Research)" at> http://www.vedicast rologer.org/ articles).> >> > (7) A toolbar has been added at the top to add/subtract time (in units> of 1 sec, 15 sec, 1 min, 1 hour, 1 day, 1 month and 1 year) with the> click of a button.> >> > (8) In all nakshatra dasas (Vimsottari,

Ashtottari, Yogini etc), a new> option is added now and it will be remembered when you close and> re-open. This option governs how antardasas are found. Suppose mahadasas> are A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H and you need antardasas in mahadasa F. The> following six options are supported:> >> > F, G, H, A, B, C, D, E (start from the dasa lord and go forward)> > F, E, D, C, B, A, H, G (start from the dasa lord and go backward)> > G, H, A, B, C, D, E, F (start from the next dasa lord and go forward)> > G, F, E, D, C, B, A, H (start from the next dasa lord sign and go> backward)> > E, F, G, H, A, B, C, D (start from the previous dasa lord and go> forward)> > E, D, C, B, A, H, G, F (start from the previous dasa lord and go> backward)> >> > The default for Shodasottari is the 6th option. The default for> Ashtottari dasa and

Dwadasottari dasa is the 3rd option. For others, 1st> option is the default. However, you can experiment any option with any> nakshatra dasa and draw your conclusions!> >> > (9) "Uniform Krishna Mishra navamsa" based on my independent> interpretation of Krishna Mishra's verses on navamsa is added. This> version results in a chart that represents all signs uniformly, whereas> the version of Krishna Mishra navamsa shared by Shanmukha earlier, which> is also supported in JHora, is biased towards some signs, i.e. some> signs occur 12 times, some signs occur 9 times and some signs occur only> 6 times. In uniform variation, all signs occur 9 times.> >> > (10) JHora now remembers which navamsa chart you are using. Earlier,> it was remembering which D-2, D-3, D-4 etc were being used, but did not> remember which D-9 was being used.> >>

> (11) Divisional longitudes in transit charts were not shown earlier.> They are shown now.> >> > A few other bugs, kinks and instabilities were addressed.> >> > Please download the update, try it and let me know of any issues. I> will be fixing any critical issues left and officially releasing it very> soon. Please do not send me any new feature requests at this time. I> will only be looking at critical malfunctions and not adding any> features or calculations.> >> > If you have any issues, please email me your jhora.ini file. It can be> found in the jhcore sub-directory in the directory where you installed> JHora. That file will tell me your settings. Some issues can be> reproduced only when one uses exactly the same settings.> >> > Best regards,> > Narasimha> > ------------ --------- ---------

--------- --------- --------- -> > Free Jyotish Software, Free Jyotish Lessons, Jyotish Writings,> > "Do It Yourself" ritual manuals for short Homam and Pitri Tarpana:> > http://www.VedicAst rologer.org> > Films that make a difference: http://SaraswatiFil ms.org> > Spirituality: http://groups. / group/vedic- wisdom> > Jyotish writings: http://groups. / group/JyotishWri tings> > ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -> >> >

Looking for the perfect gift? Give the gift of Flickr!

Guest guest

Dear Narasimha,

In the example bellow I get different SAV points in

'restore default' ' and 'set by author' options- is this related to lagna points you added in previous update? is your setting one without Lagna points?

Would you please explain this to me, when you get a chance?

Thanks.

Anna

SAR108 <bonamente108Re: Re: Jagannatha Hora 7.4 beta2 /bugjhora Received: Tuesday, March 9, 2010, 8:18 AM

Hi all,

there is a bug here, I suppose-

'preferences set by author'option- AL calc. is incorrect in this case /just, so far/

When 'restore default' option is chosen it's correct

DOB: January 23, 1952, 4pm

Lo:21E54; La 43N19,

Time zone: -1E

A.

S.A.R.

bona_mente

--- On Tue, 3/9/10, Narasimha PVR Rao <pvr wrote:

Narasimha PVR Rao <pvr Re: Jagannatha Hora 7.4 beta2 available for downloadjhora Cc: "dghole1971" <dghole1971Received: Tuesday, March 9, 2010, 8:02 AM

Namaste,No, that is an error. I missed it. Someone else also pointed out. It will be fixed.Thanks,Narasimha---- dghole1971 <dghole1971 > wrote: > > || Om Gam Ganapataye Namah ||> > Dear Narasimha Namaskar,> > I want to confirm a couple of settings that default when I use "Set> Calculation Options as recommended by author".> > When I use the above option, the settings for houses (Basics tab on top/> House tab at the bottom) also change to ""Each rasi is a house> (Parasari/ True Vedic)" and "Ascendant (or the choosen reference) is the> middle of first house".> > Are these settings what you use as default? If not, can these also be> set to the ones you use when I choose the recommended by author

option?> > Love> > Dhananjay> > > jhora , Narasimha PVR Rao <pvr wrote:> >> > Namaste,> >> > Please download the latest JHora 7.4 beta2 at> >> > http://www.VedicAst rologer.org/ jh/test/jh_ update.zip> >> > Just unzip it and run jh_update.exe that you get.> >> > Please note that this is not a full release. It is only a differential> "update". If you have a working copy of JHora 7.3 or later on your> computer, this update will work. If not, you will need a full> installation and please wait till I release it.> >> > It contains a few

bug-fixes and some additions compared to JHora 7.4> beta:> >> > (1) All the bugs pointed out in JHora 7.4 beta have been fixed.> >> > (2) Gunanka scores based on ashtakoota (eight-factor) horoscope> matching for marriage are included now. Please click "View" and> "Horoscope Matching Score" or the icon in the toolbar with a man and> woman. If you enter the nakshatra and pada of bride/bridegroom, gunanka> score and classification will be shown.> >> > (3) The defaults in JHora are historically set to various values and I> tend to not change defaults as that seems to create confusion. However,> my own recommendations have evolved over the time. I added a menu item> to set preferences to my liking ("Preferences" >> "Related to> calculations" >> "Set Calculation Options as recommended by author"). If> you click it, all

preferences (ayanamsa, sunrise, chara karaka> definition etc) will be set based on what *I* recommend.> >> > In future, I will try to collect the preference files of famous> organizations (e.g. SJC) and add menu items to set preferences based on> their recommendations.> >> > * * *> >> > The features added in JHora 7.4 beta (compared to JHora 7.33) are> listed here again:> >> > (1) Bhava arudha pada calculation has a new option now (not the> default) to find bhava arudha padas based on exact longitudes. This will> allow you to replicate the calculations in the free article "Padamsas> and Tranits: A Research Finding" at> http://www.vedicast rologer.org/ articles).> >> > (2) The Vimsottari dasa based progressed chart where

lagna and nine> planets are progressed based on the Vimsottari dasa progression is> supported now. This will allow you to replicate the calculations in the> free article "Transits and Vimsottari Dasa Progression: A Specific> Correlation" at http://www.vedicast rologer.org/ articles).> >> > (3) In addition, progressed charts based on Yogini dasa, Kalachakra> dasa and Sudarsana Chakra dasa are also available, enabling further> researches into fine quantitative correlations between dasa based> progressed charts and transit charts.> >> > (4) JHora was only giving Ishta phala and Kashta phala calculated> based on Dr Raman's book on balas earlier. JHora now also gives Ishta> Phala and Kashta Phala of Parasara, as defined in BPHS. In addition,> JHora now gives Uchcha

rashmi, Cheshta rashmi, Subha rashmi and Asubha> rashmi of seven planets, as defined by Parasara in BPHS.> >> > (5) Avayogi calculation had a bug that affected 50% charts. It is> fixed now.> >> > (6) JHora's "mundane" tab now has a button to locate the stationary> transits of planets. This will allow you to replicate the calculations> in the free article "Stationary Planets in Transit (A Research)" at> http://www.vedicast rologer.org/ articles).> >> > (7) A toolbar has been added at the top to add/subtract time (in units> of 1 sec, 15 sec, 1 min, 1 hour, 1 day, 1 month and 1 year) with the> click of a button.> >> > (8) In all nakshatra dasas (Vimsottari, Ashtottari, Yogini etc), a new> option is added now and it will be remembered when you

close and> re-open. This option governs how antardasas are found. Suppose mahadasas> are A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H and you need antardasas in mahadasa F. The> following six options are supported:> >> > F, G, H, A, B, C, D, E (start from the dasa lord and go forward)> > F, E, D, C, B, A, H, G (start from the dasa lord and go backward)> > G, H, A, B, C, D, E, F (start from the next dasa lord and go forward)> > G, F, E, D, C, B, A, H (start from the next dasa lord sign and go> backward)> > E, F, G, H, A, B, C, D (start from the previous dasa lord and go> forward)> > E, D, C, B, A, H, G, F (start from the previous dasa lord and go> backward)> >> > The default for Shodasottari is the 6th option. The default for> Ashtottari dasa and Dwadasottari dasa is the 3rd option. For others, 1st> option is the default. However,

you can experiment any option with any> nakshatra dasa and draw your conclusions!> >> > (9) "Uniform Krishna Mishra navamsa" based on my independent> interpretation of Krishna Mishra's verses on navamsa is added. This> version results in a chart that represents all signs uniformly, whereas> the version of Krishna Mishra navamsa shared by Shanmukha earlier, which> is also supported in JHora, is biased towards some signs, i.e. some> signs occur 12 times, some signs occur 9 times and some signs occur only> 6 times. In uniform variation, all signs occur 9 times.> >> > (10) JHora now remembers which navamsa chart you are using. Earlier,> it was remembering which D-2, D-3, D-4 etc were being used, but did not> remember which D-9 was being used.> >> > (11) Divisional longitudes in transit charts were not shown earlier.> They are

shown now.> >> > A few other bugs, kinks and instabilities were addressed.> >> > Please download the update, try it and let me know of any issues. I> will be fixing any critical issues left and officially releasing it very> soon. Please do not send me any new feature requests at this time. I> will only be looking at critical malfunctions and not adding any> features or calculations.> >> > If you have any issues, please email me your jhora.ini file. It can be> found in the jhcore sub-directory in the directory where you installed> JHora. That file will tell me your settings. Some issues can be> reproduced only when one uses exactly the same settings.> >> > Best regards,> > Narasimha> > ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -> > Free Jyotish Software, Free Jyotish Lessons,

Jyotish Writings,> > "Do It Yourself" ritual manuals for short Homam and Pitri Tarpana:> > http://www.VedicAst rologer.org> > Films that make a difference: http://SaraswatiFil ms.org> > Spirituality: http://groups. / group/vedic- wisdom> > Jyotish writings: http://groups. / group/JyotishWri tings> > ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -> >> >

Looking for the perfect gift? Give the gift of Flickr!

The new Internet Explorer® 8 - Faster, safer, easier. Optimized for Get it Now for Free!

Guest guest

Namaste,

To see the differences, click " Preferences " , " Related to calculations " and

" Ashtakavarga calculation options " . Between the default options and author

recommended options, one AV option is different. The second checkbox in AV

option dialog box says:

Consolidate houses from references when finding SAV (instead of signs)

It is unchecked in default options and checked in author recommended options.

Even with author recommended options, you can match SAV calculations if you

uncheck that checkbox.

Instead of summing up points in signs and creating SAV, we sum up points in

houses. We add the score in 10th house from Sun in Sun's AV, in 10th house from

Moon in Moon's AV and so on and generate the score in 10th house. And so on.

What people normally do is to add scores in Ar in all AVs and put that score in

Ar in SAV. This is something I was experimenting with and I typically use this.

However, honestly, I do not have any objective techniques to make predictions

based on SAV and I do not know which is right. In other words, this is not

something where I have a strong opinion.

I'll do one thing. I'll force options where I have no strong opinion to match

the defaults and change only those options where I have a strong opinion based

on my work.

Best regards,

Narasimha

-

Free Jyotish Software, Free Jyotish Lessons, Jyotish Writings,

" Do It Yourself " ritual manuals for short Homam and Pitri Tarpana:

http://www.VedicAstrologer.org

Films that make a difference: http://SaraswatiFilms.org

Spirituality:

Jyotish writings: JyotishWritings

-

---- SAR108 <bonamente108 wrote:

> Dear Narasimha,

>

> In the example bellow I get different SAV points in

> 'restore default' ' and 'set by author' options- is this related to lagna

points you added in previous update? is your setting one without Lagna points?

> Would you please explain this to me, when you get a chance?

> Thanks.

> Anna

>

>

>

> SAR108 <bonamente108

> Re: Re: Jagannatha Hora 7.4 beta2 /bug

> jhora

> Received: Tuesday, March 9, 2010, 8:18 AM

>

Hi all,

> there is a bug here, I suppose-

> 'preferences set by author'option- AL calc. is incorrect in this case /just,

so far/

> When 'restore default' option is chosen it's correct

> DOB: January 23, 1952, 4pm

> Lo:21E54; La 43N19,

> Time zone: -1E

> A.

>

>

>

> S.A.R.

> bona_mente

>

>

> --- On Tue, 3/9/10, Narasimha PVR Rao <pvr wrote:

>

>

> Narasimha PVR Rao <pvr

> Re: Jagannatha Hora 7.4 beta2 available for download

> jhora

> Cc: " dghole1971 " <dghole1971

> Received: Tuesday, March 9, 2010, 8:02 AM

Namaste,

>

> No, that is an error. I missed it. Someone else also pointed out. It will be

fixed.

>

> Thanks,

> Narasimha

>

> ---- dghole1971 <dghole1971 > wrote:

> >

> > || Om Gam Ganapataye Namah ||

> >

> > Dear Narasimha Namaskar,

> >

> > I want to confirm a couple of settings that default when I use " Set

> > Calculation Options as recommended by author " .

> >

> > When I use the above option, the settings for houses (Basics tab on top/

> > House tab at the bottom) also change to " " Each rasi is a house

> > (Parasari/ True Vedic) " and " Ascendant (or the choosen reference) is the

> > middle of first house " .

> >

> > Are these settings what you use as default? If not, can these also be

> > set to the ones you use when I choose the recommended by author option?

> >

> > Love

> >

> > Dhananjay

> >

> >

> > jhora , Narasimha PVR Rao <pvr wrote:

> > >

> > > Namaste,

> > >

> > > Please download the latest JHora 7.4 beta2 at

> > >

> > > http://www.VedicAst rologer.org/ jh/test/jh_ update.zip

> > >

> > > Just unzip it and run jh_update.exe that you get.

> > >

> > > Please note that this is not a full release. It is only a differential

> > " update " . If you have a working copy of JHora 7.3 or later on your

> > computer, this update will work. If not, you will need a full

> > installation and please wait till I release it.

> > >

> > > It contains a few bug-fixes and some additions compared to JHora 7.4

> > beta:

> > >

> > > (1) All the bugs pointed out in JHora 7.4 beta have been fixed.

> > >

> > > (2) Gunanka scores based on ashtakoota (eight-factor) horoscope

> > matching for marriage are included now. Please click " View " and

> > " Horoscope Matching Score " or the icon in the toolbar with a man and

> > woman. If you enter the nakshatra and pada of bride/bridegroom, gunanka

> > score and classification will be shown.

> > >

> > > (3) The defaults in JHora are historically set to various values and I

> > tend to not change defaults as that seems to create confusion. However,

> > my own recommendations have evolved over the time. I added a menu item

> > to set preferences to my liking ( " Preferences " >> " Related to

> > calculations " >> " Set Calculation Options as recommended by author " ). If

> > you click it, all preferences (ayanamsa, sunrise, chara karaka

> > definition etc) will be set based on what *I* recommend.

> > >

> > > In future, I will try to collect the preference files of famous

> > organizations (e.g. SJC) and add menu items to set preferences based on

> > their recommendations.

> > >

> > > * * *

> > >

> > > The features added in JHora 7.4 beta (compared to JHora 7.33) are

> > listed here again:

> > >

> > > (1) Bhava arudha pada calculation has a new option now (not the

> > default) to find bhava arudha padas based on exact longitudes. This will

> > allow you to replicate the calculations in the free article " Padamsas

> > and Tranits: A Research Finding " at

> > http://www.vedicast rologer.org/ articles).

> > >

> > > (2) The Vimsottari dasa based progressed chart where lagna and nine

> > planets are progressed based on the Vimsottari dasa progression is

> > supported now. This will allow you to replicate the calculations in the

> > free article " Transits and Vimsottari Dasa Progression: A Specific

> > Correlation " at http://www.vedicast rologer.org/ articles).

> > >

> > > (3) In addition, progressed charts based on Yogini dasa, Kalachakra

> > dasa and Sudarsana Chakra dasa are also available, enabling further

> > researches into fine quantitative correlations between dasa based

> > progressed charts and transit charts.

> > >

> > > (4) JHora was only giving Ishta phala and Kashta phala calculated

> > based on Dr Raman's book on balas earlier. JHora now also gives Ishta

> > Phala and Kashta Phala of Parasara, as defined in BPHS. In addition,

> > JHora now gives Uchcha rashmi, Cheshta rashmi, Subha rashmi and Asubha

> > rashmi of seven planets, as defined by Parasara in BPHS.

> > >

> > > (5) Avayogi calculation had a bug that affected 50% charts. It is

> > fixed now.

> > >

> > > (6) JHora's " mundane " tab now has a button to locate the stationary

> > transits of planets. This will allow you to replicate the calculations

> > in the free article " Stationary Planets in Transit (A Research) " at

> > http://www.vedicast rologer.org/ articles).

> > >

> > > (7) A toolbar has been added at the top to add/subtract time (in units

> > of 1 sec, 15 sec, 1 min, 1 hour, 1 day, 1 month and 1 year) with the

> > click of a button.

> > >

> > > (8) In all nakshatra dasas (Vimsottari, Ashtottari, Yogini etc), a new

> > option is added now and it will be remembered when you close and

> > re-open. This option governs how antardasas are found. Suppose mahadasas

> > are A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H and you need antardasas in mahadasa F. The

> > following six options are supported:

> > >

> > > F, G, H, A, B, C, D, E (start from the dasa lord and go forward)

> > > F, E, D, C, B, A, H, G (start from the dasa lord and go backward)

> > > G, H, A, B, C, D, E, F (start from the next dasa lord and go forward)

> > > G, F, E, D, C, B, A, H (start from the next dasa lord sign and go

> > backward)

> > > E, F, G, H, A, B, C, D (start from the previous dasa lord and go

> > forward)

> > > E, D, C, B, A, H, G, F (start from the previous dasa lord and go

> > backward)

> > >

> > > The default for Shodasottari is the 6th option. The default for

> > Ashtottari dasa and Dwadasottari dasa is the 3rd option. For others, 1st

> > option is the default. However, you can experiment any option with any

> > nakshatra dasa and draw your conclusions!

> > >

> > > (9) " Uniform Krishna Mishra navamsa " based on my independent

> > interpretation of Krishna Mishra's verses on navamsa is added. This

> > version results in a chart that represents all signs uniformly, whereas

> > the version of Krishna Mishra navamsa shared by Shanmukha earlier, which

> > is also supported in JHora, is biased towards some signs, i.e. some

> > signs occur 12 times, some signs occur 9 times and some signs occur only

> > 6 times. In uniform variation, all signs occur 9 times.

> > >

> > > (10) JHora now remembers which navamsa chart you are using. Earlier,

> > it was remembering which D-2, D-3, D-4 etc were being used, but did not

> > remember which D-9 was being used.

> > >

> > > (11) Divisional longitudes in transit charts were not shown earlier.

> > They are shown now.

> > >

> > > A few other bugs, kinks and instabilities were addressed.

> > >

> > > Please download the update, try it and let me know of any issues. I

> > will be fixing any critical issues left and officially releasing it very

> > soon. Please do not send me any new feature requests at this time. I

> > will only be looking at critical malfunctions and not adding any

> > features or calculations.

> > >

> > > If you have any issues, please email me your jhora.ini file. It can be

> > found in the jhcore sub-directory in the directory where you installed

> > JHora. That file will tell me your settings. Some issues can be

> > reproduced only when one uses exactly the same settings.

> > >

> > > Best regards,

> > > Narasimha