IndiaDivine.org

Offerings

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

General question:

Forgive me if this question begs an answer that is painfully obvious to all, but as a westerner raised in a secular culture, I ask it from a position of genuine ignorance :-)

When a Lal Kitab remedy says to make an offering, i.e., 'offer coconut in running water' ... what is the most useful or propitious attitude to adopt in the act of offering? Should one hold in mind and heart the intention of offering to a deity, to the planet in question, to the universe at large? Any clarification on this would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Colin Yardley

Guest guest

Dear Mr. Yardley,

Excellent question.Despite the fact that LalKitab has designated Hindu deities as "rulers"of each of the nine planets, yet it remains a very secular system. And,it states so (that this knowledge is applicable to all living beings; not just to the followers of a particlular religion alone.)

LalKitab hasn't issued any guidelines regarding "offerings," and Ithink, for a good reason. One may not know which planet/planets is/arebeing propitiated through a particular remedial measure and therefore, may be confused as to which deity to pray to. And what if you are a Christian, Jew, Muslim etc. and don't feel comfortable praying to a Hindu deity (but you do want to take advantage of LalKitab's remedial measures.) So, it gives you a choice - it's what you feel comfortable with.

To take your coconut example, you may simply drop the coconut in the water or, may pray to the god of your choice while doing so, or, to use your term "universe at large" drop the coconut in the water with reverence in your heart and mind. The choice rests with you.

Best regards.

Respectfully,Rajinder BhatiaColin Yardley <yardley wrote:

General question:

Forgive me if this question begs an answer that is painfully obvious to all, but as a westerner raised in a secular culture, I ask it from a position of genuine ignorance :-)

When a Lal Kitab remedy says to make an offering, i.e., 'offer coconut in running water' ... what is the most useful or propitious attitude to adopt in the act of offering? Should one hold in mind and heart the intention of offering to a deity, to the planet in question, to the universe at large? Any clarification on this would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Colin Yardley

The New Search - Faster. Easier. Bingo.