IndiaDivine.org

Offerings

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Thank you, Messrs Bhatia and KKhattar for the feedback on the question ofofferings. It has proven most helpful. One additional point... Severalremedies in Lal Kitab take the form of offerings to be made in runningwater. Does that water have to be a natural stream or river or may it bethe running water that flows out of a tap and away through the drains?Rivers and streams are a little difficult to come by for many city dwellers.And in many places, one is likely to get arrested for putting things into ariver, especially lead (a Rahu in 1st house remedy reads, "400 gm lead in running water").best to all,Colin Yardley

Guest guest

Mr. Yardley and Fellow Forum Members,

Flowing water is actually a river, a stream (as long as it is not a drain for dirty water) or the ocean. No tap water (nice try though) or small lakes or pools.

When LalKitab was formulated in the early 1930's, Pt Roop Chand Ji didn't realize the implication of environmental issues. In India, you can almost get away with it, but here in America and many other countries, it can be a sticky situation. And post 9/11 scenario is no help. However, most of the suggested offerings can be donated to a temple/church etc. Also, these can be left at a crossing where two roads intersect at a right angle. (This was meant for those who are atheists and do not go to any place of worship.) That is also not advisable at all; you don't want to cause an accident or litter right in the midst of an intersection.

Let me comment on the remedial measure suggested for Rahu in the first house. Dropping lead (Four hundred gms or any other weight) for Rahu in the 1st house is an absolutely incorrect remedial measure. I am sure about this. For Rahu in the first, you need to donate only Sun related things (LK 1952; Rahu First House, Para 2.)

Unfortunately, most of these book-writes and "Daivagyas" seem to have neither read nor seen the LalKitab. However, they have started creating their own remedial measures without understanding the method behind the madness. End result is that the measure doesn't work (and maybe backfires!) But how do they care? They've already collected their fees and will continue to do so in the future also.

For Rahu in the first house, you should donate to a place of worship, whole un-crushed wheat grains (one pound or one Kg.) , a box of light brown sugar (jaggery or "guD", available in Indian grocery stores, is preferred though) and some copper coins. Optionally, you can donate these to any charity. (American pennies are really not made of cooper these have a thin copper film plating and I don't know about Canadian pennies but copper coins can be obtained from any coin shop. ) The donation must be made during day time, preferably before afternoon hours. And, no special weekday is fixed or prefered for this - do it whichever day suits you.

I hope it helps. Please feel free to comment.

Respectfully,

Rajinder Bhatia

Colin Yardley <yardley wrote:

Thank you, Messrs Bhatia and KKhattar for the feedback on the question ofofferings. It has proven most helpful. One additional point... Severalremedies in Lal Kitab take the form of offerings to be made in runningwater. Does that water have to be a natural stream or river or may it bethe running water that flows out of a tap and away through the drains?Rivers and streams are a little difficult to come by for many city dwellers.And in many places, one is likely to get arrested for putting things into ariver, especially lead (a Rahu in 1st house remedy reads, "400 gm lead in running water").best to all,Colin Yardley

The New Search - Faster. Easier. Bingo.

Guest guest

Dear Mr. Yardley, Bhatiaji and other members

This is a doubt that has often plagued me as well. I have since, with the help of someone, reached the conclusion that there absolutely no specific thought required at the time of offering. It is just that the intention must be good and clean. No other thoughts or prayer are necessary. Often people making offerings (myself included) later wonder if they did it correctly, whether they should have done it some other way, whether the water was clean or not ad nauseum....these are merely doubts and according to Pt. Som Dutt ji, if your intention is clean and good, you need not worry at all. Also sometimes you are told to donate something and it may not be specified, then what you decide, for example 6 coconuts, then you must not reduce that. Because that was your intention primarily. Later you may decide to reduce it. That is not a good idea as once you have decided then you must go through with it.

Regards

Ashim Kumar

Dear Mr. Yardley,

Excellent question.Despite the fact that LalKitab has designated Hindu deities as "rulers"of each of the nine planets, yet it remains a very secular system. And,it states so (that this knowledge is applicable to all living beings; not just to the followers of a particlular religion alone.)

LalKitab hasn't issued any guidelines regarding "offerings," and Ithink, for a good reason. One may not know which planet/planets is/arebeing propitiated through a particular remedial measure and therefore, may be confused as to which deity to pray to. And what if you are a Christian, Jew, Muslim etc. and don't feel comfortable praying to a Hindu deity (but you do want to take advantage of LalKitab's remedial measures.) So, it gives you a choice - it's what you feel comfortable with.

To take your coconut example, you may simply drop the coconut in the water or, may pray to the god of your choice while doing so, or, to use your term "universe at large" drop the coconut in the water with reverence in your heart and mind. The choice rests with you.

Best regards.

Respectfully,Rajinder BhatiaColin Yardley <yardley wrote:

General question:

Forgive me if this question begs an answer that is painfully obvious to all, but as a westerner raised in a secular culture, I ask it from a position of genuine ignorance :-)

When a Lal Kitab remedy says to make an offering, i.e., 'offer coconut in running water' ... what is the most useful or propitious attitude to adopt in the act of offering? Should one hold in mind and heart the intention of offering to a deity, to the planet in question, to the universe at large? Any clarification on this would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Colin Yardley

The New Search - Faster. Easier. Bingo.