etc.[ d ]once the planet/planets have been identified , their

placement context understood ,then comes the most difficult part of

the whole exercise namely - prescribing the upaya. I have to then

decide which of the SIX forms of upaya has to be prescribed for that

paricular planet.This is done keeping in mind the entire grammar of

Lal Kitab , e.g. rashi phal-grah phal factor , aspect factor ,friend-

enemy factor etc..its a long list.

Now coming to the querries shri Vinod Kumar ji has raised ;

[ a ]Have the upaya to be repeated ? No .

The upaya are Varsh Phal specific for a particular problem and

hold good for that year. If the planet is placed in the same house

again , in the Varsh Phal , a few years later , and the querrist gets

the same problem again even then the upaya may not be the same

because the placement of the other planets is not likely to be the

same that year too.

[ b ] There are at least 12 upaya mentioned for the Mars in the 4th

house depending on the problems arising out of Mars in that house.

The formulations of these 12 upaya might run into a couple of

dozens . The upaya shri Vinod ji has mentioned , in his example ,is

advised only for the 'progeny problem' depending on whether the other

planetary placement demands it . Therefore it is extremely dangerous

to pick up stock-upaya from a book and prescribe it without

understanding the grammar of the Lal Kitab.

[ c ] The planetary time scale is a rough guide to expect the results

of the planet , good or bad ,in our life. Yes it does help us

appreciate the intensity of the problem when prescribing the upaya.

with regards,

upadhyay

Friends,

This question about when to perform a remedial measure for the natal chart and when to perform the measure for the annual progressed horoscope is not really very easy but an excellent question, nevertheless. Upadhyay Jee has also noted below that "it is not as simple as it may sound." I tend to agree with his (Upadhyay Jee's) answer. Someone has asked somewhat similar question in the Discussion Forum at www.OriginalLalKitab.com and Varinder Joshi has answered that question there. His explanation takes us into the right direction. Basically, it boils down to "LalKitab grammar" - a good understanding of GrahaPhal and RashiPhal certainly helps in unfolding the mystery. All of a suddent this is begining to make sense.

Respectfully,

Rajinder Bhatia upadhyay_iitd <upadhyay_iitd wrote:

dear friends ,I am speaking for myself alone. In brief while prescribing upaya I follow this routine [ a ] draw the Varsh Phal chart [ b ] determine the planet/planets which are responsible for the problem , it is not as simple as it may sound ,the planet/planets that are suspect have to be seen in relation to the other planet placements [ c ] if there is any ambiguity regarding the rogue planet/planets confirm from the querrist through qustions regarding his other family members , the orientation of the house he lives in or the surroundings of his house etc.[ d ]once the planet/planets have been identified , their placement context understood ,then comes the most difficult part of the whole exercise namely - prescribing the upaya. I have to then decide which of the SIX forms of upaya has to be prescribed for that paricular

planet.This is done keeping in mind the entire grammar of Lal Kitab , e.g. rashi phal-grah phal factor , aspect factor ,friend-enemy factor etc..its a long list.Now coming to the querries shri Vinod Kumar ji has raised ;[ a ]Have the upaya to be repeated ? No . The upaya are Varsh Phal specific for a particular problem and hold good for that year. If the planet is placed in the same house again , in the Varsh Phal , a few years later , and the querrist gets the same problem again even then the upaya may not be the same because the placement of the other planets is not likely to be the same that year too.[ b ] There are at least 12 upaya mentioned for the Mars in the 4th house depending on the problems arising out of Mars in that house. The formulations of these 12 upaya might run into a couple of dozens . The upaya shri Vinod ji has mentioned , in his example ,is advised only for the

'progeny problem' depending on whether the other planetary placement demands it . Therefore it is extremely dangerous to pick up stock-upaya from a book and prescribe it without understanding the grammar of the Lal Kitab. [ c ] The planetary time scale is a rough guide to expect the results of the planet , good or bad ,in our life. Yes it does help us appreciate the intensity of the problem when prescribing the upaya.with regards,upadhyay

With thanks to Mr. Varinder Joshi, I am posting his reply here. I think that would be useful.

Punit Pandey

For this, you have to decide and know about the planets in Grah Phal and Rashi Phal in detail. For the Janam Kundali, the planets that are malefic and in Grah Phal, the upaya should be done every year. The Varash Phal planets are considered to be in Rashi phal. After deciding drishti and other placements, you can do the upaya for varshaphal if needed. At the same time, if a planet is in Grah Phal in the janam kundali, then that upaya is also needed. Just one upaya of a malefic planet in the Janam Kundali, generally does not solve the problems for life particularly if it is of Grah Phal. For example, if Rahu is in the eleventh house, it requires a remedial measure every year - Four dry coconuts and four pieces of lead in running water, every year. And in Varash phal, if the same Rahu comes to the first house then upaya for this will also be needed. Varinder Joshi

Rajinder Bhatia <rajinderbhatia2002 wrote:

Friends,

This question about when to perform a remedial measure for the natal chart and when to perform the measure for the annual progressed horoscope is not really very easy but an excellent question, nevertheless. Upadhyay Jee has also noted below that "it is not as simple as it may sound." I tend to agree with his (Upadhyay Jee's) answer. Someone has asked somewhat similar question in the Discussion Forum at www.OriginalLalKitab.com and Varinder Joshi has answered that question there. His explanation takes us into the right direction. Basically, it boils down to "LalKitab grammar" - a good understanding of GrahaPhal and RashiPhal certainly helps in unfolding the mystery. All of a suddent this is begining to make sense.

Respectfully,

Rajinder Bhatia upadhyay_iitd <upadhyay_iitd wrote:

dear friends ,I am speaking for myself alone. In brief while prescribing upaya I follow this routine [ a ] draw the Varsh Phal chart [ b ] determine the planet/planets which are responsible for the problem , it is not as simple as it may sound ,the planet/planets that are suspect have to be seen in relation to the other planet placements [ c ] if there is any ambiguity regarding the rogue planet/planets confirm from the querrist through qustions regarding his other family members , the orientation of the house he lives in or the surroundings of his house etc.[ d ]once the planet/planets have been identified , their placement context understood ,then comes the most difficult part of the whole exercise namely - prescribing the upaya. I have to then decide which of the SIX forms of upaya has to be prescribed for that paricular

planet.This is done keeping in mind the entire grammar of Lal Kitab , e.g. rashi phal-grah phal factor , aspect factor ,friend-enemy factor etc..its a long list.Now coming to the querries shri Vinod Kumar ji has raised ;[ a ]Have the upaya to be repeated ? No . The upaya are Varsh Phal specific for a particular problem and hold good for that year. If the planet is placed in the same house again , in the Varsh Phal , a few years later , and the querrist gets the same problem again even then the upaya may not be the same because the placement of the other planets is not likely to be the same that year too.[ b ] There are at least 12 upaya mentioned for the Mars in the 4th house depending on the problems arising out of Mars in that house. The formulations of these 12 upaya might run into a couple of dozens . The upaya shri Vinod ji has mentioned , in his example ,is advised only for the

'progeny problem' depending on whether the other planetary placement demands it . Therefore it is extremely dangerous to pick up stock-upaya from a book and prescribe it without understanding the grammar of the Lal Kitab. [ c ] The planetary time scale is a rough guide to expect the results of the planet , good or bad ,in our life. Yes it does help us appreciate the intensity of the problem when prescribing the upaya.with regards,upadhyay