IndiaDivine.org

Sun + Rahu Dheendasa ji

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Dheendasa ji,

I would have been greatly relieved to know that Rahu is not in Cancer along with the Sun. Your software shows that Rahu is in Gemini instead. The software I use computes it to Cancer at 0d 36m 32s

The only way to cross check the true value of Rahu on August 8 , 2000 at 14:32 hr at Delhi , was to cast a western style horosocpe on the net . Therefore I went to the world’s biggest Western Astrology site ‘ Astrodient’. http://www.astro.com/

I cast a Western style Saayan horoscope for the data to know the Saayan value of Rahu , which , by deducting the Ayanansha of the day, will give the Nirayan value , the values used in Indian astrology. The saayan value given in the chart is :

Saayan Rahu at the above data is : 24Cancer 28.2d

Or = cancer 24 – 28 - 12

Deducting Ayanansh of the epoch - 23 – 51 – 40

Rahu’ nirayan longitude is = cancer 0 – 36 – 32

This is the value of Rahu my software also gives. Therefore Rahu will be with the Sun in cancer.

Although I am attaching the chart that I downloaded , but I doubt that it could be displayed.

Sincerely,

Priya Messenger - Communicate instantly..."Ping" your friends today! Download Messenger Now

Guest guest

Dear Dheendasa ji,

It is only the difference of ayanamsha that brings on such differences. Many softwares use different values and thus results are different. Which ayanamsha are you using ?

Best regards

Jai

On 5/31/05, bhooshan priya <bhooshanpriya wrote:

Dear Dheendasa ji,

I would have been greatly relieved to know that Rahu is not in Cancer along with the Sun. Your software shows that Rahu is

in Gemini instead. The software I use computes it to Cancer at 0d 36m 32s

The only way to cross check the true value of Rahu on August 8 , 2000 at 14:32 hr at Delhi , was to cast a western style horosocpe on the net . Therefore I went to the world's biggest Western Astrology site ' Astrodient'. http://www.astro.com/

I cast a Western style Saayan horoscope for the data to know the Saayan value of Rahu , which , by deducting the Ayanansha of the day, will give the Nirayan value , the values used in Indian astrology. The saayan value given in the chart is :

Or = cancer 24 – 28 - 12

Rahu' nirayan longitude is = cancer 0 – 36 – 32

This is the value of Rahu my software also gives. Therefore Rahu will be with the Sun in cancer.

Although I am attaching the chart that I downloaded , but I doubt that it could be displayed.

Sincerely,

Priya

Messenger - Communicate instantly... " Ping " your friends today! Download Messenger Now

Guest guest

Friends,

It is not actually an ayanamsa related problem. Astronomically, there are two different methods of Rahu position calculation. One is called true rahu and other is called mean rahu. I suspect the difference is due to the different calculation methods used. Astro.com is using true node (true rahu) and probably Dheendasa ji's software is using mean node. As far as my understanding of astronomy goes, I personally like to use Mean Node for all my calculations. Normally the difference is one to two degrees. As the difference is not much, In my opinion verification of Rahu's position using Lal Kitab method is the best approach to reach to any conclusion.

Thanks & Regards,

Punit Pandey

On 6/1/05, Jai Nahata <jaynahata wrote:

Dear Dheendasa ji,

It is only the difference of ayanamsha that brings on such differences. Many softwares use different values and thus results are different. Which ayanamsha are you using ?

Best regards

Jai

On 5/31/05, bhooshan priya <bhooshanpriya

> wrote:

Dear Dheendasa ji,

I would have been greatly relieved to know that Rahu is not in Cancer along with the Sun. Your software shows that Rahu is

in Gemini instead. The software I use computes it to Cancer at 0d 36m 32s

The only way to cross check the true value of Rahu on August 8 , 2000 at 14:32 hr at Delhi , was to cast a western style horosocpe on the net . Therefore I went to the world's biggest Western Astrology site ' Astrodient'. http://www.astro.com/

Or = cancer 24 – 28 - 12

Rahu' nirayan longitude is = cancer 0 – 36 – 32

Sincerely,

Priya

Messenger - Communicate instantly... " Ping " your friends today! Download Messenger Now