IndiaDivine.org

Which is the best software program for KP - KPBC1 & A TEST-

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Mr Rao,

Reference your email below, I once tried an experiment. This was in 1987 when I was the Air Force Base Commander at Trivandrum. As the Base Commander, one of my duties was to receive the Air Officer Commanding In Chief (an Air Marshall) whenever he left of returned to Trivandrum. So one day before his scheduled arrival I checked the RPs to see whether he would arrive at the scheduled time. I found that the RPs did not support the planned arrival time and the arrival time would be some 30 minutes later. Sure enough, the next day when I went to receive him, the arrival of the aircraft was delayed due to some reason and the door of the aircraft opened at the time indicated by the RPs, ON THE DOT. I was amazed at the accuracy of KP.

With regards.

Vaidun Vidyadhar 1 / 94 Marius Street Tamworth, NSW 2340 Australia Tel: 61-2-67 668428 (home) Mobile: 0414 870 083 Email: vvidya

Yogesh Rao Lajmi [lyrastro1] Thursday, 11 November 2004 8:30 PM Subject: Re: Re: Which is the best software program for KP - KPBC1 & A TEST-

Dear Ron,

I have been reading with interest the discussion on Ayanamsa...but I keep wondering why a simple method of verifying the Ayanamsa used is not experimented with by you Ron...

Use RPs for timing events like "at what time,exactly, will expected friend arrive ?" etc....which I am sure will help you get the time to the nearest second and verify it by actual observation...!

You could carry out such experiments many times,as you have your computer,and try out different ayanamsas...and compare the results...such experiments can be done with arrival of trains,planes,interstate busses etc...

I am not a mathematical genius like uall,hence I am suggesting a simple calculation...

With best wishes,

Yours sincerely,

L.Y.Rao.

GOOD LUCK !rongaunt <rongaunt wrote:

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 04:13:23 +0000, you wrote:tw,Please see ** ............. **Ron Gaunt>>>Dear Ron Gaunt,>>Could you check Sid Time 14:34:29 in relation to Asc 13Sag09:21.>>Asc 13Sag09:21>Moon 6Pis20:34>ST 0* 14:34:29** ST at 0*= 14:34:29 = LST 14:39:09 **>>Ayanamsa at date of birth 7Pi28:12 ie 22:31:48>>Typing error in reverse? in Asc 13Sag08:54 for geographic and >13Sag24:01 for geocentric** No typing error. What is a little confusing is that the"co-ordinate system" is shown as "geocentric" even when oneapplies the option for "geocentric latitude". What appearsto happen in most programs is that it is taken as given that theangles are "geographic" whilst the planetary data is"geocentric". (I have assumed this as most other programsseem not to give an option, but obviously display geographicangles with geocentric planetary positions.) >>Thanks and best regards,>>tw >>> , "tw853" <tw853> wrote:>> >> Dear Ron Gaunt,>> >> Asc for KPBC1 253-08-44, New KPA 22-32-10 @ DOB is Geocentric.>> >> It's very strange that Solar Fire is giving 13Sag24:01 for >geocentric.>> >> >> >By the way using ayanamsa 22:22:30 circa 1900, Solar Fire shows>> > Asc 13Sag08:54 for geographic and 13Sag24:01 for geocentric. >> >> It's very strange that Solar Fire is giving 13Sag24:01 for >geocentric.>> >> Best regards,>> >> tw>> >> >> , rongaunt <rongaunt@b...> wrote:>> > >> > Anant,>> > >> > I decided to do a bit of further investigation, and have found>> > that Solar Fire does in fact have an option for Geocentric>> > calculation. I was of the opinion that the program did this>> > automatically. But obviously I had it set up for geographic,>> > and had never queried it, as nearly all other programs come up>> > with the same or nearly the same Ascendant. >> > >> > Are you suggesting that the correct way is to always calculate>> > angles using Geocentric? If so has any studies been done on>> > this?>> > >> > One thing that has always been at the back of my mind is that as>> > we live on the surface of the earth this should be the datum>> > point. Garth Allen an excellent astrologer of the Western>> > Sidereal system did a lot of work on the parallax Moon and showed>> > it to be more important in casting Lunar Returns. Likewise my>> > main method of prognostication for some years has been the Solar>> > Eclipse, and I have found parallax Moon angles to be extremely>> > accurate compared to geocentric. Another point is that I have>> > frequently seen transit Ascendant exact aspect to a critical>> > planet at the time of an accident - using the geographic>> > calculation. However, I would need to do some micro checking>> > to see how geocentric compares.>> > >> > By the way using ayanamsa 22:22:30 circa 1900, Solar Fire shows>> > Asc 13Sag08:54 for geographic and 13Sag24:01 for geocentric. How>> > does your program compare?>> > >> > >> > Ron Gaunt>> > >> > >> > >> > On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 17:49:53 +1000, I wrote:>> > >> > >>> > >>> > >Anant,>> > >>> > >Sorry, I possibly got a bit mixed up here. What Solar Fire has>> > >is a function to calculate Parallax Moon (which is Geographic ie>> > >relative to the position on the surface of the earth) as well as>> > >the Geocentric position for the Moon. It doesn't actually>> > >change the angles of the chart. As far as I am aware Solar>> > >Fire and all other programs show Geocentric positions for the>> > >planets. This is why there is a different calculation for>> > >parallax Moon.>> > >>> > >Ron Gaunt>> > >>> > >>> > >On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 22:49:44 -0800, you wrote:>> > >>> > >>Dear Rongaunt>> > >> >> > >>What exactly does the option mean ? Does it allow you to enter >> Geoceentric>> > >>Lat. instead of Geographic. ? Try both alternatives entering >the >> same value and then this will be clear.>> > >> >> > >>I have presumed that users do not know the Geocentric Lat, but >> only the Geograpgic, and enter this figure. In the programme I >change >> this geographic Lat to Geocenrtc Lat for further calculations.>> > >> >> > >>Good Luck]>> > >>>> > >>>> > >>rongaunt <rongaunt@b...> wrote:>> > >>>> > >>>> > >>Anant,>> > >>>> > >>Thanks for the information. From this I gather that your method>> > >>of calculating the Asc position is correct. But, the calculation>> > >>by Solar Fire is obviously also correct - because of the >accuracy>> > >>shown in the example. But there is still a difference between>> > >>the two calculated ascendants. I wonder why? By the way>> > >>Solar Fire offers options of geographic and geocentric. I used>> > >>geocentric in my example.>> > >>>> > >>Ron Gaunt>> > >>>> > >>>> > >>On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 21:24:32 -0800, you wrote:>> > >>>> > >>>Dear Rongaunt>> > >>> >> > >>>The checking of the ASC with Sunrise, Center of Sun,s Disk, is >> to verify wether the >> > >>>calculations used for ASC are correct or not. The Ayanmsa has >> part in this comparison, as in any calculation, the SAYANA position >> of SUN, and The Sayana ASC are calculated, and then the Nirayan >> Positions are found by deducting the Ayanamsa from them.>> > >>> >> > >>>Your statement that the Sun's Longitude at Sunrise, and the >Asc >> at that time, do not differ by more than 2 min, means that the >> calculations of Asc are acceptable. The Asc moves roughly 15 >minutes >> for every minute of time. The Time of Sun Rise, from upper limb to >> center varies from 3 to 4 minutes. 30 seconds of diff will mean 30 >X >> 15 = 7.5 minutes in the ASC.>> > >>> >> > >>>The other equally sensitive point is the Siderial Time, which >> determines the ASC.>> > >>> >> > >>>I do not find any difference to give the 17 minutes diff in >ASC.>> > >>> >> > >>>I am happy you are making a deep study of this. >> > >>> >> > >>>One VERY IMPORTANT THING IS We have to use the GEO-CENTRIC >> Latitude, in our calculations. My prog. converts the Geograprphic >Lat >> to Geogentric, before getting the ASC and other House Cusps>> > >>>Good Luck>> > >>> >> > >>>>> > >>>rongaunt wrote:>> > >>>>> > >>>>> > >>>Anant,>> > >>>>> > >>>I have experimented with Solar Fire which gives sunrise, etc>> > >>>positions. S.F. obviously shows the mid point of the Sun as the>> > >>>Sun is within 2' of the Ascendant at sunrise on the day of our>> > >>>Blind Chart example. However, calculating with your ayanamsa,>> > >>>and the one I was working with shows no difference in either >Asc>> > >>>or Sun positions. In fact changing the ayanamsa considerably ->> > >>>whilst it changes the degrees and minutes of the Sun and Asc >the>> > >>>differential between and Asc and Sun remains the same ie 2'.>> > >>>I cannot see how this can be used to prove the validity of the>> > >>>Asc position.>> > >>>>> > >>>>> > >>>Ron Gaunt>> > >>>>> > >>>>> > >>>>> > >>>On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 23:38:24 -0800, you wrote:>> > >>>>> > >>>>difference in ASC.>> > >>>> >> > >>>>There is a simple test. Find out the correct time of SUN Rise >> at a place. The usual Time is given for the Upper Limb to be at the >> Horizon. Add 3mt, 30 sec. to this time. This gives the Time when >> Sun's Centre is on the Horizon.>> > >>>> >> > >>>>Now cast the Horoscope for this time. The Sun's Longitude and >> ASC should be very nearly the same..>> > >>>> >> > >>>>Similar test for MID Day .Half the Sum of Sunrise+sunset. >> > >>>> >> > >>>>For this time, Suns, Long must be same as 10th cusp.>> > >>>> >> > >>>>For sunset : Deduct 3 m. 30 sec from stand sunset. The Sun >> should be almost exactly on the 7th Cusp>> > >>>> >> > >>>>I have based by prog on basis of Formuale given By Raphel>> > >>>> >> > >>>>I am open to correction, If my method is not correct>> > >>>> >> > >>>>good luck>> > >>>> >> > >>>>Try it then Judge.>> > >>>>>> > >>>>tw853 wrote:>> > >>>>>> > >>>>>> > >>>>Dear All,>> > >>>>>> > >>>>For your attention and review a comparison of different >> software >> > >>>>results are given as follows:>> > >>>>>> > >>>>>> > >>>>Example 1: KPBC1, Male, 3 November 1911, Fr, 11:48 AM UT + >> 00.00, >> > >>>>Ipswich, England, 52N04, 001E10>> > >>>>>> > >>>>1(a). Comparison of Asc position by using the same New KPA >22D->> 32m->> > >>>>10s as given by Raichur Software posted in KP Group.>> > >>>>>> > >>>>SN D-M-S RL-SL-S Software>> > >>>>1. 253-25-31 Ju-Ve-Ve Raichurs>> > >>>>2. 253-08-59 Ju-Ke-Ke Solar Fire>> > >>>>3. 253-08-44 Ju-Ke-Ke Astro-Kundli>> > >>>>4. 253-08-44 Ju-Ke-Ke Astrodienst>> > >>>>5. 253-08-48 Ju-Ke-Ke Astraura>> > >>>>6. 253-08-11 Ju-Ke-Ke Old One>> > >>>>7. 253-08-36 Ju-Ke-Ke JHL>> > >>>>8. 253-07-50 Ju-Ke-Ke Junior Jyotish>> > >>>>>> > >>>>Basic Data>> > >>>>>> > >>>>Sr Software Sid Time Asc D-M-S KPA>> > >>>>1.Raichur 14-39-10 253-25-31 22-32-10>> > >>>>2.Solar Fire 14-34-29? 153-09-21 22-31-48>> > >>>>3.Astro-Kundli 253-09-10 22-31-44>> > >>>>4.Astrodienst 14-39-09 275-40-45 22-37-32*>> > >>>>5.Astraura 14-39-09 253-09-35.48 22-31-23 >> > >>>>6.Old One 14-39-09 253-09-21 22-31>> > >>>>7.JHL 14-39-09 253-09-26.04 22-31-19.29>> > >>>>8.Jr Jyotish 253-03 22-37* >> > >>>>>> > >>>>* Lahiri Ayanamsa>> > >>>>>> > >>>>Differences from New KPA: 1) 0 (base), 2) –22s, 3) –26s, 4) >> +5m.22s, >> > >>>>5) –47s, 6) –1.10, 7) –50.31s, 8) +4m.50s >> > >>>>>> > >>>>Explanations:>> > >>>>1. Pl note 253-22-49 (Ju-Ve-Ve) in posting of KP Group Msg # >> 1410 due >> > >>>>to Lat 52N06 other than 52N04.>> > >>>>2. Western Tropical, very close to Goravani Jyotish & >Parashara >> > >>>>Light, as per kind favor of Ron Ganut in KP Group Msg # 1420>> > >>>>3. KP & Vedic, >> > >>>>4. Western tropical, also available sideral with Lahiri >> Ayanamsa >> > >>>>5. KP & Vedic, >> > >>>>6. based on KPA from KSK's tables & UTOH>> > >>>>7. Jagannatha Hora Lite (Pandit Sanjay Rath's Study Group)>> > >>>>8. Prof V. K. Choudhry'a SA Study Group (Vedic for 1700-2300 >> only)>> > >>>>>> > >>>>>> > >>>>ATTENTION:>> > >>>>>> > >>>>1. SN 1 Software gives around 17d higher Asc with different >> Star >> > >>>>Lord & Sub Lord. (For other cusps more or less the same, ie >> same SL & >> > >>>>SL)>> > >>>>>> > >>>>2. For other softwares no difference in deg-min, SL & S, >except >> > >>>>around 30sec lower in SN 6 Software.>> > >>>>>> > >>>>3. House system is not the problem, because Asc is the same >> > >>>>whether Placidus, Koch or Equal is used. Something is wrong >> somewhere.>> > >>>>>> > >>>>>> > >>>>1 (b). Comparison of Moon position by using the same New KPA >22->> 32-10>> > >>>>>> > >>>>Sr Deg-Min-Sec Software>> > >>>>1. 336-20-09 Raichurs>> > >>>>2. 336-20-34 Solar Fire>> > >>>>3. 336-20-21 Astro-Kundli>> > >>>>4. 336-20-12 Astrodienst>> > >>>>5 336-20-12 Astraura>> > >>>>6 336-21-20 Old One>> > >>>>7 336-20-14 JHL>> > >>>>8 336-19-50 Junior Jyotish>> > >>>>>> > >>>>Not much difference except in SN 6 & 8. (For other planets >more >> or >> > >>>>less the same)>> > >>>>>> > >>>>Example 2. Leonardo da Vinci, 23 April 1452, 9-40 PM LMT, UT->> 0.44, >> > >>>>Vinci, Italy, 43N47, 10E55>> > >>>>>> > >>>>For comparison the same KPA 16d-07m-15s is used.>> > >>>>>> > >>>>SN Asc D-M-S Moon D-M-S Software>> > >>>>1. 227-30-40 078-01-54 Raichur>> > >>>>2. 230-27-45 316-53-45 AstroDatabank>> > >>>>3. 230-31-23 316-53-51 Astrodienst>> > >>>>4. 230-30-53 078-04-18 Astraura>> > >>>>5. 238-26-01 092-20-55 Old One>> > >>>>6. 230-27-26 316-54-03 JHL>> > >>>>7. 230-32-27 316-54-10 Khaldea>> > >>>>>> > >>>>ATTENTION: SN 1, 4 & 5 sofware have gone out of line. Solar >> Fire >> > >>>>will be very useful.>> > >>>>>> > >>>>Basic Data>> > >>>>>> > >>>>SN Software Sid Time KPA >> > >>>>1. Raichur 11-31-41 16-07-46 >> > >>>>2. Astrodienst 11-47-47 16-12-57* >> > >>>>3. Astraura 11-47-44 16-07-19 >> > >>>>4. Old One 12-27-04 16-09-00 >> > >>>>5. JHL 11-47-27 16-07-14.65 >> > >>>>>> > >>>>* Lahiri Ayanamsa>> > >>>>>> > >>>>Good Luck!>> > >>>>>> > >>>>tw>> > >>>>>> > >>>>>> > >>>> , Yogesh Rao Lajmi >> > >>>>wrote:>> > >>>>> Dear Members,>> > >>>>> I have with me Mr.K.Subramaniam's K.P.>> > >>>>> Software,but after I bought and began using the>> > >>>>> Software developed by Shri A.R.Raichur(upto subsub>> > >>>>> levels),I have found it most useful and>> > >>>>> simple-to-use,and Shri Raichur also provides a>> > >>>>> specially developed on K.P. Dasavidha Poruthams>> > >>>>> principles,a software for horoscope matching...which>> > >>>>> in my humble opinion is prhaps the best Software for>> > >>>>> K.P., developed so far...>> > >>>>> I therefore would strongly recommend>> > >>>>> Shri Raichur's Software...for K.P. followers...his>> > >>>>> e-mai ID has appeared in these columns already...>> > >>>>> With best wishes,I am,>> > >>>>> Yours sincerely,>> > >>>>> lyrastro1>> > >>>>> GOOD LUCK !>> > >>>>> >> > >>>>> >> > >>>>> Vaidun ji,>> > >>>>> >> > >>>>> Have a look at "Varahamihira for Windows" and "Mobile>> > >>>>> Kundli for>> > >>>>> PalmOS" by the company running this group. Both are>> > >>>>> designed KP>> > >>>>> astrologers in mind. The details are available at>> > >>>>> http://www.astrocamp.com.>> > >>>>> >> > >>>>> Regards,>> > >>>>> >> > >>>>> Punit Pandey>> > >>>>> >> > >>>>> >> > >>>>> >> > >>>>> On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 21:40:15 +1000, Vaidun Vidyadhar>> > >>>>> wrote:>> > >>>>> > Dear List Members,>> > >>>>> > >> > >>>>> > I am new to this list though I was introduced to KP>> > >>>>> in 1988 when I was>> > >>>>> > living in Madras. My introduction to vedic>> > >>>>> astrology was with KP. I had>> > >>>>> > bought all the books of Shri Krishnamurthi then and>> > >>>>> was very impressed with>> > >>>>> > his astrological skills. There are few who can>> > >>>>> match the phenomenal>> > >>>>> > accuracy of his predictions. Those days, I had to>> > >>>>> MANUALLY cast each chart,>> > >>>>> > be it natal or horary, with the help of tables and>> > >>>>> the ephemeris. It used>> > >>>>> > to take 2 hours of manual calculations to be able to>> > >>>>> finally arrive at the>> > >>>>> > table of significators. Now, with computers, the>> > >>>>> same job can be done in>> > >>>>> > seconds. Amazing. >> > >>>>> > >> > >>>>> > I have Goravani Jyotish which has some element of KP>> > >>>>> in it but maybe not>> > >>>>> > enough. I am thinking of buying some other>> > >>>>> astrology program which>> > >>>>> > incorporates the elements of KP more fully. Can I>> > >>>>> request members to kindly>> > >>>>> > advise me as to which would be the best program for>> > >>>>> this. I will be much>> > >>>>> > obliged.>> > >>>>> > >> > >>>>> > I have always had an enduring interest in KP but was>> > >>>>> unable to find a>> > >>>>> > website or list which was fully devoted to KP, until>> > >>>>> now. I hope to be able>> > >>>>> > to learn a lot from you all and hone my KP skills. >> > >>>>> > >> > >>>>> > Thanks for your time. With best regards.>> > >>>>> > >> > >>>>> > Vaidun Vidyadhar>> > >>>>> > 1 / 94 Marius Street>> > >>>>> > Tamworth, NSW 2340>> > >>>>> > Australia>> > >>>>> > Tel: 61-2-67 668428 (home)>> > >>>>> > Mobile: 0414 870 083>> > >>>>> > Email: vvidya@o...>> > >>>>> > >> > >>>>> > >> > >>>>> > >> > >>>>> > >> > >>>>> > >> > >>>>> > >> > >>>>> >

Vaidun ji,

I guess there will be may failure stories of RP based events. I have

never found RP alone as reliable method of predictions. Sometimes

those are amazing and sometimes there is no clue.

What other members say in this matter?

Regards,

Punit Pandey

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 22:09:12 +1100, Vaidun Vidyadhar

<vvidya wrote:

>

> Dear Mr Rao,

>

> Reference your email below, I once tried an experiment. This was in 1987

> when I was the Air Force Base Commander at Trivandrum. As the Base

> Commander, one of my duties was to receive the Air Officer Commanding In

> Chief (an Air Marshall) whenever he left of returned to Trivandrum. So one

> day before his scheduled arrival I checked the RPs to see whether he would

> arrive at the scheduled time. I found that the RPs did not support the

> planned arrival time and the arrival time would be some 30 minutes later.

> Sure enough, the next day when I went to receive him, the arrival of the

> aircraft was delayed due to some reason and the door of the aircraft opened

> at the time indicated by the RPs, ON THE DOT. I was amazed at the accuracy

> of KP.

>

> With regards.

>

> Vaidun Vidyadhar

> 1 / 94 Marius Street

> Tamworth, NSW 2340

> Australia

> Tel: 61-2-67 668428 (home)

> Mobile: 0414 870 083

> Email: vvidya

>

>

>

>

> ________________________________

> Yogesh Rao Lajmi [lyrastro1]

> Thursday, 11 November 2004 8:30 PM

>

>

>

> Re: Re: Which is the best software program for KP -

> KPBC1 & A TEST-

>

>

>

>

>

> Dear Ron,

> I have been reading with interest the discussion on

> Ayanamsa...but I keep wondering why a simple method of verifying the

> Ayanamsa used is not experimented with by you Ron...

> Use RPs for timing events like " at what time,exactly, will

> expected friend arrive ? " etc....which I am sure will help you get the time

> to the nearest second and verify it by actual observation...!

> You could carry out such experiments many times,as you have

> your computer,and try out different ayanamsas...and compare the

> results...such experiments can be done with arrival of

> trains,planes,interstate busses etc...

> I am not a mathematical genius like uall,hence I am suggesting

> a simple calculation...

> With best wishes,

> Yours sincerely,

> L.Y.Rao.

> GOOD LUCK !

>

> rongaunt <rongaunt wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 04:13:23 +0000, you wrote:

>

> tw,

>

> Please see ** ............. **

>

> Ron Gaunt

>

>

> >

> >

> >Dear Ron Gaunt,

> >

> >Could you check Sid Time 14:34:29 in relation to Asc 13Sag09:21.

> >

> >Asc 13Sag09:21

> >Moon 6Pis20:34

> >ST 0* 14:34:29

>

> ** ST at 0*= 14:34:29 = LST 14:39:09 **

>

> >

> >Ayanamsa at date of birth 7Pi28:12 ie 22:31:48

> >

> >Typing error in reverse? in Asc 13Sag08:54 for geographic and

> >13Sag24:01 for geocentric

>

> ** No typing error. What is a little confusing is that the

> " co-ordinate system " is shown as " geocentric " even when one

> applies the option for " geocentric latitude " . What appears

> to happen in most programs is that it is taken as given that the

> angles are " geographic " whilst the planetary data is

> " geocentric " . (I have assumed this as most other programs

> seem not to give an option, but obviously display geographic

> angles with geocentric planetary positions.)

>

>

>

> >

> >Thanks and best regards,

> >

> >tw

> >

> >

> > , " tw853 " <tw853> wrote:

> >>

> >> Dear Ron Gaunt,

> >>

> >> Asc for KPBC1 253-08-44, New KPA 22-32-10 @ DOB is Geocentric.

> >>

> >> It's very strange that Solar Fire is giving 13Sag24:01 for

> >geocentric.

> >>

> >>

> >> >By the way using ayanamsa 22:22:30 circa 1900, Solar Fire shows

> >> > Asc 13Sag08:54 for geographic and 13Sag24:01 for geocentric.

> >>

> >> It's very strange that Solar Fire is giving 13Sag24:01 for

> >geocentric.

> >>

> >> Best regards,

> >>

> >> tw

> >>

> >>

> >> , rongaunt <rongaunt@b...> wrote:

> >> >

> >> > Anant,

> >> >

> >> > I decided to do a bit of further investigation, and have found

> >> > that Solar Fire does in fact have an option for Geocentric

> >> > calculation. I was of the opinion that the program did this

> >> > automatically. But obviously I had it set up for geographic,

> >> > and had never queried it, as nearly all other programs come up

> >> > with the same or nearly the same Ascendant.

> >> >

> >> > Are you suggesting that the correct way is to always calculate

> >> > angles using Geocentric? If so has any studies been done on

> >> > this?

> >> >

> >> > One thing that has always been at the back of my mind is that as

> >> > we live on the surface of the earth this should be the datum

> >> > point. Garth Allen an excellent astrologer of the Western

> >> > Sidereal system did a lot of work on the parallax Moon and showed

> >> > it to be more important in casting Lunar Returns. Likewise my

> >> > main method of prognostication for some years has been the Solar

> >> > Eclipse, and I have found parallax Moon angles to be extremely

> >> > accurate compared to geocentric. Another point is that I have

> >> > frequently seen transit Ascendant exact aspect to a critical

> >> > planet at the time of an accident - using the geographic

> >> > calculation. However, I would need to do some micro checking

> >> > to see how geocentric compares.

> >> >

> >> > By the way using ayanamsa 22:22:30 circa 1900, Solar Fire shows

> >> > Asc 13Sag08:54 for geographic and 13Sag24:01 for geocentric. How

> >> > does your program compare?

> >> >

> >> >

> >> > Ron Gaunt

> >> >

> >> >

> >> >

> >> > On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 17:49:53 +1000, I wrote:

> >> >

> >> > >

> >> > >

> >> > >Anant,

> >> > >

> >> > >Sorry, I possibly got a bit mixed up here. What Solar Fire has

> >> > >is a function to calculate Parallax Moon (which is Geographic ie

> >> > >relative to the position on the surface of the earth) as well as

> >> > >the Geocentric position for the Moon. It doesn't actually

> >> > >change the angles of the chart. As far as I am aware Solar

> >> > >Fire and all other programs show Geocentric positions for the

> >> > >planets. This is why there is a different calculation for

> >> > >parallax Moon.

> >> > >

> >> > >Ron Gaunt

> >> > >

> >> > >

> >> > >On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 22:49:44 -0800, you wrote:

> >> > >

> >> > >>Dear Rongaunt

> >> > >>

> >> > >>What exactly does the option mean ? Does it allow you to enter

> >> Geoceentric

> >> > >>Lat. instead of Geographic. ? Try both alternatives entering

> >the

> >> same value and then this will be clear.

> >> > >>

> >> > >>I have presumed that users do not know the Geocentric Lat, but

> >> only the Geograpgic, and enter this figure. In the programme I

> >change

> >> this geographic Lat to Geocenrtc Lat for further calculations.

> >> > >>

> >> > >>Good Luck]

> >> > >>

> >> > >>

> >> > >>rongaunt <rongaunt@b...> wrote:

> >> > >>

> >> > >>

> >> > >>Anant,

> >> > >>

> >> > >>Thanks for the information. From this I gather that your method

> >> > >>of calculating the Asc position is correct. But, the calculation

> >> > >>by Solar Fire is obviously also correct - because of the

> >accuracy

> >> > >>shown in the example. But there is still a difference between

> >> > >>the two calculated ascendants. I wonder why? By the way

> >> > >>Solar Fire offers options of geographic and geocentric. I used

> >> > >>geocentric in my example.

> >> > >>

> >> > >>Ron Gaunt

> >> > >>

> >> > >>

> >> > >>On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 21:24:32 -0800, you wrote:

> >> > >>

> >> > >>>Dear Rongaunt

> >> > >>>

> >> > >>>The checking of the ASC with Sunrise, Center of Sun,s Disk, is

> >> to verify wether the

> >> > >>>calculations used for ASC are correct or not. The Ayanmsa has

> >> part in this comparison, as in any calculation, the SAYANA position

> >> of SUN, and The Sayana ASC are calculated, and then the Nirayan

> >> Positions are found by deducting the Ayanamsa from them.

> >> > >>>

> >> > >>>Your statement that the Sun's Longitude at Sunrise, and the

> >Asc

> >> at that time, do not differ by more than 2 min, means that the

> >> calculations of Asc are acceptable. The Asc moves roughly 15

> >minutes

> >> for every minute of time. The Time of Sun Rise, from upper limb to

> >> center varies from 3 to 4 minutes. 30 seconds of diff will mean 30

> >X

> >> 15 = 7.5 minutes in the ASC.

> >> > >>>

> >> > >>>The other equally sensitive point is the Siderial Time, which

> >> determines the ASC.

> >> > >>>

> >> > >>>I do not find any difference to give the 17 minutes diff in

> >ASC.

> >> > >>>

> >> > >>>I am happy you are making a deep study of this.

> >> > >>>

> >> > >>>One VERY IMPORTANT THING IS We have to use the GEO-CENTRIC

> >> Latitude, in our calculations. My prog. converts the Geograprphic

> >Lat

> >> to Geogentric, before getting the ASC and other House Cusps

> >> > >>>Good Luck

> >> > >>>

> >> > >>>

> >> > >>>rongaunt wrote:

> >> > >>>

> >> > >>>

> >> > >>>Anant,

> >> > >>>

> >> > >>>I have experimented with Solar Fire which gives sunrise, etc

> >> > >>>positions. S.F. obviously shows the mid point of the Sun as the

> >> > >>>Sun is within 2' of the Ascendant at sunrise on the day of our

> >> > >>>Blind Chart example. However, calculating with your ayanamsa,

> >> > >>>and the one I was working with shows no difference in either

> >Asc

> >> > >>>or Sun positions. In fact changing the ayanamsa considerably -

> >> > >>>whilst it changes the degrees and minutes of the Sun and Asc

> >the

> >> > >>>differential between and Asc and Sun remains the same ie 2'.

> >> > >>>I cannot see how this can be used to prove the validity of the

> >> > >>>Asc position.

> >> > >>>

> >> > >>>

> >> > >>>Ron Gaunt

> >> > >>>

> >> > >>>

> >> > >>>

> >> > >>>On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 23:38:24 -0800, you wrote:

> >> > >>>

> >> > >>>>difference in ASC.

> >> > >>>>

> >> > >>>>There is a simple test. Find out the correct time of SUN Rise

> >> at a place. The usual Time is given for the Upper Limb to be at the

> >> Horizon. Add 3mt, 30 sec. to this time. This gives the Time when

> >> Sun's Centre is on the Horizon.

> >> > >>>>

> >> > >>>>Now cast the Horoscope for this time. The Sun's Longitude and

> >> ASC should be very nearly the same..

> >> > >>>>

> >> > >>>>Similar test for MID Day .Half the Sum of Sunrise+sunset.

> >> > >>>>

> >> > >>>>For this time, Suns, Long must be same as 10th cusp.

> >> > >>>>

> >> > >>>>For sunset : Deduct 3 m. 30 sec from stand sunset. The Sun

> >> should be almost exactly on the 7th Cusp

> >> > >>>>

> >> > >>>>I have based by prog on basis of Formuale given By Raphel

> >> > >>>>

> >> > >>>>I am open to correction, If my method is not correct

> >> > >>>>

> >> > >>>>good luck

> >> > >>>>

> >> > >>>>Try it then Judge.

> >> > >>>>

> >> > >>>>tw853 wrote:

> >> > >>>>

> >> > >>>>

> >> > >>>>Dear All,

> >> > >>>>

> >> > >>>>For your attention and review a comparison of different

> >> software

> >> > >>>>results are given as follows:

> >> > >>>>

> >> > >>>>

> >> > >>>>Example 1: KPBC1, Male, 3 November 1911, Fr, 11:48 AM UT +

> >> 00.00,

> >> > >>>>Ipswich, England, 52N04, 001E10

> >> > >>>>

> >> > >>>>1(a). Comparison of Asc position by using the same New KPA

> >22D-

> >> 32m-

> >> > >>>>10s as given by Raichur Software posted in KP Group.

> >> > >>>>

> >> > >>>>SN D-M-S RL-SL-S Software

> >> > >>>>1. 253-25-31 Ju-Ve-Ve Raichurs

> >> > >>>>2. 253-08-59 Ju-Ke-Ke Solar Fire

> >> > >>>>3. 253-08-44 Ju-Ke-Ke Astro-Kundli

> >> > >>>>4. 253-08-44 Ju-Ke-Ke Astrodienst

> >> > >>>>5. 253-08-48 Ju-Ke-Ke Astraura

> >> > >>>>6. 253-08-11 Ju-Ke-Ke Old One

> >> > >>>>7. 253-08-36 Ju-Ke-Ke JHL

> >> > >>>>8. 253-07-50 Ju-Ke-Ke Junior Jyotish

> >> > >>>>

> >> > >>>>Basic Data

> >> > >>>>

> >> > >>>>Sr Software Sid Time Asc D-M-S KPA

> >> > >>>>1.Raichur 14-39-10 253-25-31 22-32-10

> >> > >>>>2.Solar Fire 14-34-29? 153-09-21 22-31-48

> >> > >>>>3.Astro-Kundli 253-09-10 22-31-44

> >> > >>>>4.Astrodienst 14-39-09 275-40-45 22-37-32*

> >> > >>>>5.Astraura 14-39-09 253-09-35.48 22-31-23

> >> > >>>>6.Old One 14-39-09 253-09-21 22-31

> >> > >>>>7.JHL 14-39-09 253-09-26.04 22-31-19.29

> >> > >>>>8.Jr Jyotish 253-03 22-37*

> >> > >>>>

> >> > >>>>* Lahiri Ayanamsa

> >> > >>>>

> >> > >>>>Differences from New KPA: 1) 0 (base), 2) –22s, 3) –26s, 4)

> >> +5m.22s,

> >> > >>>>5) –47s, 6) –1.10, 7) –50.31s, 8) +4m.50s

> >> > >>>>

> >> > >>>>Explanations:

> >> > >>>>1. Pl note 253-22-49 (Ju-Ve-Ve) in posting of KP Group Msg #

> >> 1410 due

> >> > >>>>to Lat 52N06 other than 52N04.

> >> > >>>>2. Western Tropical, very close to Goravani Jyotish &

> >Parashara

> >> > >>>>Light, as per kind favor of Ron Ganut in KP Group Msg # 1420

> >> > >>>>3. KP & Vedic,

> >> > >>>>4. Western tropical, also available sideral with Lahiri

> >> Ayanamsa

> >> > >>>>5. KP & Vedic,

> >> > >>>>6. based on KPA from KSK's tables & UTOH

> >> > >>>>7. Jagannatha Hora Lite (Pandit Sanjay Rath's Study Group)

> >> > >>>>8. Prof V. K. Choudhry'a SA Study Group (Vedic for 1700-2300

> >> only)

> >> > >>>>

> >> > >>>>

> >> > >>>>ATTENTION:

> >> > >>>>

> >> > >>>>1. SN 1 Software gives around 17d higher Asc with different

> >> Star

> >> > >>>>Lord & Sub Lord. (For other cusps more or less the same, ie

> >> same SL &

> >> > >>>>SL)

> >> > >>>>

> >> > >>>>2. For other softwares no difference in deg-min, SL & S,

> >except

> >> > >>>>around 30sec lower in SN 6 Software.

> >> > >>>>

> >> > >>>>3. House system is not the problem, because Asc is the same

> >> > >>>>whether Placidus, Koch or Equal is used. Something is wrong

> >> somewhere.

> >> > >>>>

> >> > >>>>

> >> > >>>>1 (b). Comparison of Moon position by using the same New KPA

> >22-

> >> 32-10

> >> > >>>>

> >> > >>>>Sr Deg-Min-Sec Software

> >> > >>>>1. 336-20-09 Raichurs

> >> > >>>>2. 336-20-34 Solar Fire

> >> > >>>>3. 336-20-21 Astro-Kundli

> >> > >>>>4. 336-20-12 Astrodienst

> >> > >>>>5 336-20-12 Astraura

> >> > >>>>6 336-21-20 Old One

> >> > >>>>7 336-20-14 JHL

> >> > >>>>8 336-19-50 Junior Jyotish

> >> > >>>>

> >> > >>>>Not much difference except in SN 6 & 8. (For other planets

> >more

> >> or

> >> > >>>>less the same)

> >> > >>>>

> >> > >>>>Example 2. Leonardo da Vinci, 23 April 1452, 9-40 PM LMT, UT-

> >> 0.44,

> >> > >>>>Vinci, Italy, 43N47, 10E55

> >> > >>>>

> >> > >>>>For comparison the same KPA 16d-07m-15s is used.

> >> > >>>>

> >> > >>>>SN Asc D-M-S Moon D-M-S Software

> >> > >>>>1. 227-30-40 078-01-54 Raichur

> >> > >>>>2. 230-27-45 316-53-45 AstroDatabank

> >> > >>>>3. 230-31-23 316-53-51 Astrodienst

> >> > >>>>4. 230-30-53 078-04-18 Astraura

> >> > >>>>5. 238-26-01 092-20-55 Old One

> >> > >>>>6. 230-27-26 316-54-03 JHL

> >> > >>>>7. 230-32-27 316-54-10 Khaldea

> >> > >>>>

> >> > >>>>ATTENTION: SN 1, 4 & 5 sofware have gone out of line. Solar

> >> Fire

> >> > >>>>will be very useful.

> >> > >>>>

> >> > >>>>Basic Data

> >> > >>>>

> >> > >>>>SN Software Sid Time KPA

> >> > >>>>1. Raichur 11-31-41 16-07-46

> >> > >>>>2. Astrodienst 11-47-47 16-12-57*

> >> > >>>>3. Astraura 11-47-44 16-07-19

> >> > >>>>4. Old One 12-27-04 16-09-00

> >> > >>>>5. JHL 11-47-27 16-07-14.65

> >> > >>>>

> >> > >>>>* Lahiri Ayanamsa

> >> > >>>>

> >> > >>>>Good Luck!

> >> > >>>>

> >> > >>>>tw

> >> > >>>>

> >> > >>>>

> >> > >>>> , Yogesh Rao Lajmi

> >> > >>>>wrote:

> >> > >>>>> Dear Members,

> >> > >>>>> I have with me Mr.K.Subramaniam's K.P.

> >> > >>>>> Software,but after I bought and began using the

> >> > >>>>> Software developed by Shri A.R.Raichur(upto subsub

> >> > >>>>> levels),I have found it most useful and

> >> > >>>>> simple-to-use,and Shri Raichur also provides a

> >> > >>>>> specially developed on K.P. Dasavidha Poruthams

> >> > >>>>> principles,a software for horoscope matching...which

> >> > >>>>> in my humble opinion is prhaps the best Software for

> >> > >>>>> K.P., developed so far...

> >> > >>>>> I therefore would strongly recommend

> >> > >>>>> Shri Raichur's Software...for K.P. followers...his

> >> > >>>>> e-mai ID has appeared in these columns already...

> >> > >>>>> With best wishes,I am,

> >> > >>>>> Yours sincerely,

> >> > >>>>> lyrastro1

> >> > >>>>> GOOD LUCK !

> >> > >>>>>

> >> > >>>>>

> >> > >>>>> Vaidun ji,

> >> > >>>>>

> >> > >>>>> Have a look at " Varahamihira for Windows " and " Mobile

> >> > >>>>> Kundli for

> >> > >>>>> PalmOS " by the company running this group. Both are

> >> > >>>>> designed KP

> >> > >>>>> astrologers in mind. The details are available at

> >> > >>>>> http://www.astrocamp.com.

> >> > >>>>>

> >> > >>>>> Regards,

> >> > >>>>>

> >> > >>>>> Punit Pandey

> >> > >>>>>

> >> > >>>>>

> >> > >>>>>

> >> > >>>>> On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 21:40:15 +1000, Vaidun Vidyadhar

> >> > >>>>> wrote:

> >> > >>>>> > Dear List Members,

> >> > >>>>> >

> >> > >>>>> > I am new to this list though I was introduced to KP

> >> > >>>>> in 1988 when I was

> >> > >>>>> > living in Madras. My introduction to vedic

> >> > >>>>> astrology was with KP. I had

> >> > >>>>> > bought all the books of Shri Krishnamurthi then and

> >> > >>>>> was very impressed with

> >> > >>>>> > his astrological skills. There are few who can

> >> > >>>>> match the phenomenal

> >> > >>>>> > accuracy of his predictions. Those days, I had to

> >> > >>>>> MANUALLY cast each chart,

> >> > >>>>> > be it natal or horary, with the help of tables and

> >> > >>>>> the ephemeris. It used

> >> > >>>>> > to take 2 hours of manual calculations to be able to

> >> > >>>>> finally arrive at the

> >> > >>>>> > table of significators. Now, with computers, the

> >> > >>>>> same job can be done in

> >> > >>>>> > seconds. Amazing.

> >> > >>>>> >

> >> > >>>>> > I have Goravani Jyotish which has some element of KP

> >> > >>>>> in it but maybe not

> >> > >>>>> > enough. I am thinking of buying some other

> >> > >>>>> astrology program which

> >> > >>>>> > incorporates the elements of KP more fully. Can I

> >> > >>>>> request members to kindly

> >> > >>>>> > advise me as to which would be the best program for

> >> > >>>>> this. I will be much

> >> > >>>>> > obliged.

> >> > >>>>> >

> >> > >>>>> > I have always had an enduring interest in KP but was

> >> > >>>>> unable to find a

> >> > >>>>> > website or list which was fully devoted to KP, until

> >> > >>>>> now. I hope to be able

> >> > >>>>> > to learn a lot from you all and hone my KP skills.

> >> > >>>>> >

> >> > >>>>> > Thanks for your time. With best regards.

> >> > >>>>> >

> >> > >>>>> > Vaidun Vidyadhar

> >> > >>>>> > 1 / 94 Marius Street

> >> > >>>>> > Tamworth, NSW 2340

> >> > >>>>> > Australia

> >> > >>>>> > Tel: 61-2-67 668428 (home)

> >> > >>>>> > Mobile: 0414 870 083

> >> > >>>>> > Email: vvidya@o...

> >> > >>>>> >

> >> > >>>>> >

> >> > >>>>> >

> >> > >>>>> >

> >> > >>>>> >

> >> > >>>>> >

> >> > >>>>> >

Dear Vaidun,

My experience with RPs,alone,in the beginning,was as unpredictable as yours had been...then I combined RPs with the horary horoscope cast at that time,and I found that delayed fructification was always indicated by the XIth cusp and its star and sublords...somehow...

As I gained experience I now don't need the horary chart...but I depend more on the sublords of the Moon and the Ascendant,and their positions,in addition...I have so far achieved a fair degree of accuracy,but I also do not depend only on RPs...

I guess a lot of experience is required...I remember,how by using RPs I used to accurately predict the time of return of our peon from the bank...I used to taker the RPs at the precise time he left,and find out from the ephemeris the next time these same ruling planets will reappear...and calculate the time...I have scored a success rate of over 95%,I remember...Those days I used to do this exercise 5days a week..!

This has been my experience with RPs...

With the very best wishes,I am,

Yours sincerely,

lyrastro1

GOOD LUCK !

Punit Pandey <punitp wrote:

Vaidun ji,I guess there will be may failure stories of RP based events. I havenever found RP alone as reliable method of predictions. Sometimesthose are amazing and sometimes there is no clue.What other members say in this matter?Regards,Punit PandeyOn Thu, 11 Nov 2004 22:09:12 +1100, Vaidun Vidyadhar<vvidya wrote:> > Dear Mr Rao,> > Reference your email below, I once tried an experiment. This was in 1987> when I was the Air Force Base Commander at Trivandrum. As the Base> Commander, one of my duties was to receive the Air Officer Commanding In> Chief (an Air Marshall) whenever he left of returned to Trivandrum. So one> day before his scheduled arrival I checked the RPs to see whether he would> arrive at the scheduled

time. I found that the RPs did not support the> planned arrival time and the arrival time would be some 30 minutes later. > Sure enough, the next day when I went to receive him, the arrival of the> aircraft was delayed due to some reason and the door of the aircraft opened> at the time indicated by the RPs, ON THE DOT. I was amazed at the accuracy> of KP. > > With regards.> > Vaidun Vidyadhar > 1 / 94 Marius Street > Tamworth, NSW 2340 > Australia > Tel: 61-2-67 668428 (home) > Mobile: 0414 870 083 > Email: vvidya > > > > > ________________________________> Yogesh Rao Lajmi [lyrastro1] > Thursday, 11 November 2004 8:30 PM> > > > Re: Re: Which is the best software program for KP

-> KPBC1 & A TEST-> > > > > > Dear Ron,> I have been reading with interest the discussion on> Ayanamsa...but I keep wondering why a simple method of verifying the> Ayanamsa used is not experimented with by you Ron...> Use RPs for timing events like "at what time,exactly, will> expected friend arrive ?" etc....which I am sure will help you get the time> to the nearest second and verify it by actual observation...!> You could carry out such experiments many times,as you have> your computer,and try out different ayanamsas...and compare the> results...such experiments can be done with arrival of>

trains,planes,interstate busses etc...> I am not a mathematical genius like uall,hence I am suggesting> a simple calculation...> With best wishes,> Yours sincerely,> L.Y.Rao.> GOOD LUCK !> > rongaunt <rongaunt wrote:> On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 04:13:23 +0000, you wrote:> > tw,> > Please see ** ............. **> > Ron Gaunt> >

> >> >> >Dear Ron Gaunt,> >> >Could you check Sid Time 14:34:29 in relation to Asc 13Sag09:21.> >> >Asc 13Sag09:21> >Moon 6Pis20:34> >ST 0* 14:34:29> > ** ST at 0*= 14:34:29 = LST 14:39:09 **> > >> >Ayanamsa at date of birth 7Pi28:12 ie 22:31:48> >> >Typing error in reverse? in Asc 13Sag08:54 for geographic and > >13Sag24:01 for geocentric> > ** No typing error. What is a little confusing is that the> "co-ordinate system" is shown as "geocentric" even when one> applies the option for "geocentric latitude". What appears> to happen in most programs is that it is taken as given that the> angles are "geographic" whilst the planetary data is> "geocentric". (I have assumed this as most other

programs> seem not to give an option, but obviously display geographic> angles with geocentric planetary positions.) > > > > >> >Thanks and best regards,> >> >tw > >> >> > , "tw853" <tw853> wrote:> >> > >> Dear Ron Gaunt,> >> > >> Asc for KPBC1 253-08-44, New KPA 22-32-10 @ DOB is Geocentric.> >> > >> It's very strange that Solar Fire is giving 13Sag24:01 for > >geocentric.> >> > >> > >> >By the way using ayanamsa 22:22:30 circa 1900, Solar Fire shows> >> > Asc 13Sag08:54 for geographic and 13Sag24:01 for geocentric. > >> > >> It's very strange that Solar Fire is giving 13Sag24:01 for > >geocentric.> >> > >>

Best regards,> >> > >> tw> >> > >> > >> , rongaunt <rongaunt@b...> wrote:> >> > > >> > Anant,> >> > > >> > I decided to do a bit of further investigation, and have found> >> > that Solar Fire does in fact have an option for Geocentric> >> > calculation. I was of the opinion that the program did this> >> > automatically. But obviously I had it set up for geographic,> >> > and had never queried it, as nearly all other programs come up> >> > with the same or nearly the same Ascendant. > >> > > >> > Are you suggesting that the correct way is to always calculate> >> > angles using

Geocentric? If so has any studies been done on> >> > this?> >> > > >> > One thing that has always been at the back of my mind is that as> >> > we live on the surface of the earth this should be the datum> >> > point. Garth Allen an excellent astrologer of the Western> >> > Sidereal system did a lot of work on the parallax Moon and showed> >> > it to be more important in casting Lunar Returns. Likewise my> >> > main method of prognostication for some years has been the Solar> >> > Eclipse, and I have found parallax Moon angles to be extremely> >> > accurate compared to geocentric. Another point is that I have> >> > frequently seen transit Ascendant exact aspect to a critical> >> > planet at the time of an

accident - using the geographic> >> > calculation. However, I would need to do some micro checking> >> > to see how geocentric compares.> >> > > >> > By the way using ayanamsa 22:22:30 circa 1900, Solar Fire shows> >> > Asc 13Sag08:54 for geographic and 13Sag24:01 for geocentric. How> >> > does your program compare?> >> > > >> > > >> > Ron Gaunt> >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 17:49:53 +1000, I wrote:> >> > > >> > >> >> > >> >> > >Anant,> >> > >> >> > >Sorry, I possibly got a bit mixed up here. What Solar Fire has> >> > >is a function to calculate Parallax Moon (which is Geographic

ie> >> > >relative to the position on the surface of the earth) as well as> >> > >the Geocentric position for the Moon. It doesn't actually> >> > >change the angles of the chart. As far as I am aware Solar> >> > >Fire and all other programs show Geocentric positions for the> >> > >planets. This is why there is a different calculation for> >> > >parallax Moon.> >> > >> >> > >Ron Gaunt> >> > >> >> > >> >> > >On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 22:49:44 -0800, you wrote:> >> > >> >> > >>Dear Rongaunt> >> > >> > >> > >>What exactly does the option mean ? Does it allow you to enter > >> Geoceentric> >> > >>Lat. instead of Geographic. ? Try

both alternatives entering > >the > >> same value and then this will be clear.> >> > >> > >> > >>I have presumed that users do not know the Geocentric Lat, but > >> only the Geograpgic, and enter this figure. In the programme I > >change > >> this geographic Lat to Geocenrtc Lat for further calculations.> >> > >> > >> > >>Good Luck]> >> > >>> >> > >>> >> > >>rongaunt <rongaunt@b...> wrote:> >> > >>> >> > >>> >> > >>Anant,> >> > >>> >> > >>Thanks for the information. From this I gather that your method> >> > >>of calculating the Asc position is correct. But, the calculation> >> > >>by Solar Fire is obviously also

correct - because of the > >accuracy> >> > >>shown in the example. But there is still a difference between> >> > >>the two calculated ascendants. I wonder why? By the way> >> > >>Solar Fire offers options of geographic and geocentric. I used> >> > >>geocentric in my example.> >> > >>> >> > >>Ron Gaunt> >> > >>> >> > >>> >> > >>On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 21:24:32 -0800, you wrote:> >> > >>> >> > >>>Dear Rongaunt> >> > >>> > >> > >>>The checking of the ASC with Sunrise, Center of Sun,s Disk, is > >> to verify wether the > >> > >>>calculations used for ASC are correct or not. The Ayanmsa has > >> part in this comparison, as in any calculation,

the SAYANA position > >> of SUN, and The Sayana ASC are calculated, and then the Nirayan > >> Positions are found by deducting the Ayanamsa from them.> >> > >>> > >> > >>>Your statement that the Sun's Longitude at Sunrise, and the > >Asc > >> at that time, do not differ by more than 2 min, means that the > >> calculations of Asc are acceptable. The Asc moves roughly 15 > >minutes > >> for every minute of time. The Time of Sun Rise, from upper limb to > >> center varies from 3 to 4 minutes. 30 seconds of diff will mean 30 > >X > >> 15 = 7.5 minutes in the ASC.> >> > >>> > >> > >>>The other equally sensitive point is the Siderial Time, which > >> determines the ASC.> >> > >>> > >> > >>>I do not find any

difference to give the 17 minutes diff in > >ASC.> >> > >>> > >> > >>>I am happy you are making a deep study of this. > >> > >>> > >> > >>>One VERY IMPORTANT THING IS We have to use the GEO-CENTRIC > >> Latitude, in our calculations. My prog. converts the Geograprphic > >Lat > >> to Geogentric, before getting the ASC and other House Cusps> >> > >>>Good Luck> >> > >>> > >> > >>>> >> > >>>rongaunt wrote:> >> > >>>> >> > >>>> >> > >>>Anant,> >> > >>>> >> > >>>I have experimented with Solar Fire which gives sunrise, etc> >> > >>>positions. S.F. obviously shows the mid point of the Sun as

the> >> > >>>Sun is within 2' of the Ascendant at sunrise on the day of our> >> > >>>Blind Chart example. However, calculating with your ayanamsa,> >> > >>>and the one I was working with shows no difference in either > >Asc> >> > >>>or Sun positions. In fact changing the ayanamsa considerably -> >> > >>>whilst it changes the degrees and minutes of the Sun and Asc > >the> >> > >>>differential between and Asc and Sun remains the same ie 2'.> >> > >>>I cannot see how this can be used to prove the validity of the> >> > >>>Asc position.> >> > >>>> >> > >>>> >> > >>>Ron Gaunt> >> > >>>> >> > >>>> >> > >>>> >>

> >>>On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 23:38:24 -0800, you wrote:> >> > >>>> >> > >>>>difference in ASC.> >> > >>>> > >> > >>>>There is a simple test. Find out the correct time of SUN Rise > >> at a place. The usual Time is given for the Upper Limb to be at the > >> Horizon. Add 3mt, 30 sec. to this time. This gives the Time when > >> Sun's Centre is on the Horizon.> >> > >>>> > >> > >>>>Now cast the Horoscope for this time. The Sun's Longitude and > >> ASC should be very nearly the same..> >> > >>>> > >> > >>>>Similar test for MID Day .Half the Sum of Sunrise+sunset. > >> > >>>> > >> > >>>>For this time, Suns, Long must be same as 10th cusp.> >>

> >>>> > >> > >>>>For sunset : Deduct 3 m. 30 sec from stand sunset. The Sun > >> should be almost exactly on the 7th Cusp> >> > >>>> > >> > >>>>I have based by prog on basis of Formuale given By Raphel> >> > >>>> > >> > >>>>I am open to correction, If my method is not correct> >> > >>>> > >> > >>>>good luck> >> > >>>> > >> > >>>>Try it then Judge.> >> > >>>>> >> > >>>>tw853 wrote:> >> > >>>>> >> > >>>>> >> > >>>>Dear All,> >> > >>>>> >> > >>>>For your attention and review a comparison of different > >>

software > >> > >>>>results are given as follows:> >> > >>>>> >> > >>>>> >> > >>>>Example 1: KPBC1, Male, 3 November 1911, Fr, 11:48 AM UT + > >> 00.00, > >> > >>>>Ipswich, England, 52N04, 001E10> >> > >>>>> >> > >>>>1(a). Comparison of Asc position by using the same New KPA > >22D-> >> 32m-> >> > >>>>10s as given by Raichur Software posted in KP Group.> >> > >>>>> >> > >>>>SN D-M-S RL-SL-S Software> >> > >>>>1. 253-25-31 Ju-Ve-Ve Raichurs> >> > >>>>2. 253-08-59 Ju-Ke-Ke Solar Fire> >> > >>>>3. 253-08-44 Ju-Ke-Ke Astro-Kundli> >> > >>>>4. 253-08-44 Ju-Ke-Ke

Astrodienst> >> > >>>>5. 253-08-48 Ju-Ke-Ke Astraura> >> > >>>>6. 253-08-11 Ju-Ke-Ke Old One> >> > >>>>7. 253-08-36 Ju-Ke-Ke JHL> >> > >>>>8. 253-07-50 Ju-Ke-Ke Junior Jyotish> >> > >>>>> >> > >>>>Basic Data> >> > >>>>> >> > >>>>Sr Software Sid Time Asc D-M-S KPA> >> > >>>>1.Raichur 14-39-10 253-25-31 22-32-10> >> > >>>>2.Solar Fire 14-34-29? 153-09-21 22-31-48> >> > >>>>3.Astro-Kundli 253-09-10 22-31-44> >> > >>>>4.Astrodienst 14-39-09 275-40-45 22-37-32*> >> > >>>>5.Astraura 14-39-09 253-09-35.48 22-31-23 > >> > >>>>6.Old One 14-39-09 253-09-21 22-31> >> > >>>>7.JHL

14-39-09 253-09-26.04 22-31-19.29> >> > >>>>8.Jr Jyotish 253-03 22-37* > >> > >>>>> >> > >>>>* Lahiri Ayanamsa> >> > >>>>> >> > >>>>Differences from New KPA: 1) 0 (base), 2) –22s, 3) –26s, 4) > >> +5m.22s, > >> > >>>>5) –47s, 6) –1.10, 7) –50.31s, 8) +4m.50s > >> > >>>>> >> > >>>>Explanations:> >> > >>>>1. Pl note 253-22-49 (Ju-Ve-Ve) in posting of KP Group Msg # > >> 1410 due > >> > >>>>to Lat 52N06 other than 52N04.> >> > >>>>2. Western Tropical, very close to Goravani Jyotish & > >Parashara > >> > >>>>Light, as per kind favor of Ron Ganut in KP Group Msg # 1420> >> > >>>>3.

KP & Vedic, > >> > >>>>4. Western tropical, also available sideral with Lahiri > >> Ayanamsa > >> > >>>>5. KP & Vedic, > >> > >>>>6. based on KPA from KSK's tables & UTOH> >> > >>>>7. Jagannatha Hora Lite (Pandit Sanjay Rath's Study Group)> >> > >>>>8. Prof V. K. Choudhry'a SA Study Group (Vedic for 1700-2300 > >> only)> >> > >>>>> >> > >>>>> >> > >>>>ATTENTION:> >> > >>>>> >> > >>>>1. SN 1 Software gives around 17d higher Asc with different > >> Star > >> > >>>>Lord & Sub Lord. (For other cusps more or less the same, ie > >> same SL & > >> > >>>>SL)> >> >

>>>>> >> > >>>>2. For other softwares no difference in deg-min, SL & S, > >except > >> > >>>>around 30sec lower in SN 6 Software.> >> > >>>>> >> > >>>>3. House system is not the problem, because Asc is the same > >> > >>>>whether Placidus, Koch or Equal is used. Something is wrong > >> somewhere.> >> > >>>>> >> > >>>>> >> > >>>>1 (b). Comparison of Moon position by using the same New KPA > >22-> >> 32-10> >> > >>>>> >> > >>>>Sr Deg-Min-Sec Software> >> > >>>>1. 336-20-09 Raichurs> >> > >>>>2. 336-20-34 Solar Fire> >> > >>>>3. 336-20-21 Astro-Kundli> >>

> >>>>4. 336-20-12 Astrodienst> >> > >>>>5 336-20-12 Astraura> >> > >>>>6 336-21-20 Old One> >> > >>>>7 336-20-14 JHL> >> > >>>>8 336-19-50 Junior Jyotish> >> > >>>>> >> > >>>>Not much difference except in SN 6 & 8. (For other planets > >more > >> or > >> > >>>>less the same)> >> > >>>>> >> > >>>>Example 2. Leonardo da Vinci, 23 April 1452, 9-40 PM LMT, UT-> >> 0.44, > >> > >>>>Vinci, Italy, 43N47, 10E55> >> > >>>>> >> > >>>>For comparison the same KPA 16d-07m-15s is used.> >> > >>>>> >> > >>>>SN Asc D-M-S Moon D-M-S Software> >>

> >>>>1. 227-30-40 078-01-54 Raichur> >> > >>>>2. 230-27-45 316-53-45 AstroDatabank> >> > >>>>3. 230-31-23 316-53-51 Astrodienst> >> > >>>>4. 230-30-53 078-04-18 Astraura> >> > >>>>5. 238-26-01 092-20-55 Old One> >> > >>>>6. 230-27-26 316-54-03 JHL> >> > >>>>7. 230-32-27 316-54-10 Khaldea> >> > >>>>> >> > >>>>ATTENTION: SN 1, 4 & 5 sofware have gone out of line. Solar > >> Fire > >> > >>>>will be very useful.> >> > >>>>> >> > >>>>Basic Data> >> > >>>>> >> > >>>>SN Software Sid Time KPA > >> > >>>>1. Raichur 11-31-41 16-07-46 > >> > >>>>2.

Astrodienst 11-47-47 16-12-57* > >> > >>>>3. Astraura 11-47-44 16-07-19 > >> > >>>>4. Old One 12-27-04 16-09-00 > >> > >>>>5. JHL 11-47-27 16-07-14.65 > >> > >>>>> >> > >>>>* Lahiri Ayanamsa> >> > >>>>> >> > >>>>Good Luck!> >> > >>>>> >> > >>>>tw> >> > >>>>> >> > >>>>> >> > >>>> , Yogesh Rao Lajmi > >> > >>>>wrote:> >> > >>>>> Dear Members,> >> > >>>>> I have with me Mr.K.Subramaniam's K.P.> >> > >>>>> Software,but after I bought and began using the> >> > >>>>> Software

developed by Shri A.R.Raichur(upto subsub> >> > >>>>> levels),I have found it most useful and> >> > >>>>> simple-to-use,and Shri Raichur also provides a> >> > >>>>> specially developed on K.P. Dasavidha Poruthams> >> > >>>>> principles,a software for horoscope matching...which> >> > >>>>> in my humble opinion is prhaps the best Software for> >> > >>>>> K.P., developed so far...> >> > >>>>> I therefore would strongly recommend> >> > >>>>> Shri Raichur's Software...for K.P. followers...his> >> > >>>>> e-mai ID has appeared in these columns already...> >> > >>>>> With best wishes,I am,> >> > >>>>> Yours sincerely,> >> >

>>>>> lyrastro1> >> > >>>>> GOOD LUCK !> >> > >>>>> > >> > >>>>> > >> > >>>>> Vaidun ji,> >> > >>>>> > >> > >>>>> Have a look at "Varahamihira for Windows" and "Mobile> >> > >>>>> Kundli for> >> > >>>>> PalmOS" by the company running this group. Both are> >> > >>>>> designed KP> >> > >>>>> astrologers in mind. The details are available at> >> > >>>>> http://www.astrocamp.com.> >> > >>>>> > >> > >>>>> Regards,> >> > >>>>> > >> > >>>>> Punit

Pandey> >> > >>>>> > >> > >>>>> > >> > >>>>> > >> > >>>>> On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 21:40:15 +1000, Vaidun Vidyadhar> >> > >>>>> wrote:> >> > >>>>> > Dear List Members,> >> > >>>>> > > >> > >>>>> > I am new to this list though I was introduced to KP> >> > >>>>> in 1988 when I was> >> > >>>>> > living in Madras. My introduction to vedic> >> > >>>>> astrology was with KP. I had> >> > >>>>> > bought all the books of Shri Krishnamurthi then and> >> > >>>>> was very impressed with> >> > >>>>> > his astrological skills. There are few who can>

>> > >>>>> match the phenomenal> >> > >>>>> > accuracy of his predictions. Those days, I had to> >> > >>>>> MANUALLY cast each chart,> >> > >>>>> > be it natal or horary, with the help of tables and> >> > >>>>> the ephemeris. It used> >> > >>>>> > to take 2 hours of manual calculations to be able to> >> > >>>>> finally arrive at the> >> > >>>>> > table of significators. Now, with computers, the> >> > >>>>> same job can be done in> >> > >>>>> > seconds. Amazing. > >> > >>>>> > > >> > >>>>> > I have Goravani Jyotish which has some element of KP> >> > >>>>> in it but maybe

not> >> > >>>>> > enough. I am thinking of buying some other> >> > >>>>> astrology program which> >> > >>>>> > incorporates the elements of KP more fully. Can I> >> > >>>>> request members to kindly> >> > >>>>> > advise me as to which would be the best program for> >> > >>>>> this. I will be much> >> > >>>>> > obliged.> >> > >>>>> > > >> > >>>>> > I have always had an enduring interest in KP but was> >> > >>>>> unable to find a> >> > >>>>> > website or list which was fully devoted to KP, until> >> > >>>>> now. I hope to be able> >> > >>>>> > to learn a lot from

you all and hone my KP skills. > >> > >>>>> > > >> > >>>>> > Thanks for your time. With best regards.> >> > >>>>> > > >> > >>>>> > Vaidun Vidyadhar> >> > >>>>> > 1 / 94 Marius Street> >> > >>>>> > Tamworth, NSW 2340> >> > >>>>> > Australia> >> > >>>>> > Tel: 61-2-67 668428 (home)> >> > >>>>> > Mobile: 0414 870 083> >> > >>>>> > Email: vvidya@o...> >> > >>>>> > > >> > >>>>> > > >> > >>>>> > > >> > >>>>> > > >> > >>>>> > > >> > >>>>> > >

>> > >>>>> >

> >I guess there will be may failure stories of RP based events. I have

>never found RP alone as reliable method of predictions. Sometimes

>those are amazing and sometimes there is no clue.<

Punit,

There is no technique which is 100% accurate. It has been designed this way

to keep astrologers humble.

Regards

Ron Day

Yogesh,

Good question. The immediate answer is that whilst I have

studied many areas of astrology over 33 years I have never looked

at Horary. I hope to remedy this in the not too distant

future.

The implication in your question is that if you get good results

from horary the ayanamsa, angles and planetary data must be

valid. I wonder if this is correct.

We see many people using different ways ie. time of question,

with a number 108, with number 249, even using the tropical

system. Many claim consistent results from these varied ways.

We see Prof. K.K. getting acclaim for demonstrated results, yet

it is now claimed that his ayanamsa is incorrect. What this

suggests is that it is really synchronicity that is at work here.

ie. a person instinctively chooses a time, number, system which

aligns to his own sub conscious inclinations. This might then

produce the correct answer without necessarily having the right

chart details. Those who are successful with this method

possibly have a very good sense of timing and intuition to match.

Ron Gaunt

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 09:29:53 +0000, you wrote:

>Dear Ron,

> I have been reading with interest the discussion on

Ayanamsa...but I keep wondering why a simple method of verifying the Ayanamsa

used is not experimented with by you Ron...

> Use RPs for timing events like " at what time,exactly, will

expected friend arrive ? " etc....which I am sure will help you get the time to

the nearest second and verify it by actual observation...!

> You could carry out such experiments many times,as you have your

computer,and try out different ayanamsas...and compare the results...such

experiments can be done with arrival of trains,planes,interstate busses etc...

> I am not a mathematical genius like uall,hence I am suggesting a

simple calculation...

> With best wishes,

> Yours sincerely,

> L.Y.Rao.

> GOOD LUCK !

>

>rongaunt <rongaunt wrote:

>On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 04:13:23 +0000, you wrote:

>

>tw,

>

>Please see ** ............. **

>

>Ron Gaunt

>

>

>>

>>

>>Dear Ron Gaunt,

>>

>>Could you check Sid Time 14:34:29 in relation to Asc 13Sag09:21.

>>

>>Asc 13Sag09:21

>>Moon 6Pis20:34

>>ST 0* 14:34:29

>

>** ST at 0*= 14:34:29 = LST 14:39:09 **

>

>>

>>Ayanamsa at date of birth 7Pi28:12 ie 22:31:48

>>

>>Typing error in reverse? in Asc 13Sag08:54 for geographic and

>>13Sag24:01 for geocentric

>

>** No typing error. What is a little confusing is that the

> " co-ordinate system " is shown as " geocentric " even when one

>applies the option for " geocentric latitude " . What appears

>to happen in most programs is that it is taken as given that the

>angles are " geographic " whilst the planetary data is

> " geocentric " . (I have assumed this as most other programs

>seem not to give an option, but obviously display geographic

>angles with geocentric planetary positions.)

>

>

>

>>

>>Thanks and best regards,

>>

>>tw

>>

>>

>> , " tw853 " <tw853> wrote:

>>>

>>> Dear Ron Gaunt,

>>>

>>> Asc for KPBC1 253-08-44, New KPA 22-32-10 @ DOB is Geocentric.

>>>

>>> It's very strange that Solar Fire is giving 13Sag24:01 for

>>geocentric.

>>>

>>>

>>> >By the way using ayanamsa 22:22:30 circa 1900, Solar Fire shows

>>> > Asc 13Sag08:54 for geographic and 13Sag24:01 for geocentric.

>>>

>>> It's very strange that Solar Fire is giving 13Sag24:01 for

>>geocentric.

>>>

>>> Best regards,

>>>

>>> tw

>>>

>>>

>>> , rongaunt <rongaunt@b...> wrote:

>>> >

>>> > Anant,

>>> >

>>> > I decided to do a bit of further investigation, and have found

>>> > that Solar Fire does in fact have an option for Geocentric

>>> > calculation. I was of the opinion that the program did this

>>> > automatically. But obviously I had it set up for geographic,

>>> > and had never queried it, as nearly all other programs come up

>>> > with the same or nearly the same Ascendant.

>>> >

>>> > Are you suggesting that the correct way is to always calculate

>>> > angles using Geocentric? If so has any studies been done on

>>> > this?

>>> >

>>> > One thing that has always been at the back of my mind is that as

>>> > we live on the surface of the earth this should be the datum

>>> > point. Garth Allen an excellent astrologer of the Western

>>> > Sidereal system did a lot of work on the parallax Moon and showed

>>> > it to be more important in casting Lunar Returns. Likewise my

>>> > main method of prognostication for some years has been the Solar

>>> > Eclipse, and I have found parallax Moon angles to be extremely

>>> > accurate compared to geocentric. Another point is that I have

>>> > frequently seen transit Ascendant exact aspect to a critical

>>> > planet at the time of an accident - using the geographic

>>> > calculation. However, I would need to do some micro checking

>>> > to see how geocentric compares.

>>> >

>>> > By the way using ayanamsa 22:22:30 circa 1900, Solar Fire shows

>>> > Asc 13Sag08:54 for geographic and 13Sag24:01 for geocentric. How

>>> > does your program compare?

>>> >

>>> >

>>> > Ron Gaunt

>>> >

>>> >

>>> >

>>> > On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 17:49:53 +1000, I wrote:

>>> >

>>> > >

>>> > >

>>> > >Anant,

>>> > >

>>> > >Sorry, I possibly got a bit mixed up here. What Solar Fire has

>>> > >is a function to calculate Parallax Moon (which is Geographic ie

>>> > >relative to the position on the surface of the earth) as well as

>>> > >the Geocentric position for the Moon. It doesn't actually

>>> > >change the angles of the chart. As far as I am aware Solar

>>> > >Fire and all other programs show Geocentric positions for the

>>> > >planets. This is why there is a different calculation for

>>> > >parallax Moon.

>>> > >

>>> > >Ron Gaunt

>>> > >

>>> > >

>>> > >On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 22:49:44 -0800, you wrote:

>>> > >

>>> > >>Dear Rongaunt

>>> > >>

>>> > >>What exactly does the option mean ? Does it allow you to enter

>>> Geoceentric

>>> > >>Lat. instead of Geographic. ? Try both alternatives entering

>>the

>>> same value and then this will be clear.

>>> > >>

>>> > >>I have presumed that users do not know the Geocentric Lat, but

>>> only the Geograpgic, and enter this figure. In the programme I

>>change

>>> this geographic Lat to Geocenrtc Lat for further calculations.

>>> > >>

>>> > >>Good Luck]

>>> > >>

>>> > >>

>>> > >>rongaunt <rongaunt@b...> wrote:

>>> > >>

>>> > >>

>>> > >>Anant,

>>> > >>

>>> > >>Thanks for the information. From this I gather that your method

>>> > >>of calculating the Asc position is correct. But, the calculation

>>> > >>by Solar Fire is obviously also correct - because of the

>>accuracy

>>> > >>shown in the example. But there is still a difference between

>>> > >>the two calculated ascendants. I wonder why? By the way

>>> > >>Solar Fire offers options of geographic and geocentric. I used

>>> > >>geocentric in my example.

>>> > >>

>>> > >>Ron Gaunt

>>> > >>

>>> > >>

>>> > >>On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 21:24:32 -0800, you wrote:

>>> > >>

>>> > >>>Dear Rongaunt

>>> > >>>

>>> > >>>The checking of the ASC with Sunrise, Center of Sun,s Disk, is

>>> to verify wether the

>>> > >>>calculations used for ASC are correct or not. The Ayanmsa has

>>> part in this comparison, as in any calculation, the SAYANA position

>>> of SUN, and The Sayana ASC are calculated, and then the Nirayan

>>> Positions are found by deducting the Ayanamsa from them.

>>> > >>>

>>> > >>>Your statement that the Sun's Longitude at Sunrise, and the

>>Asc

>>> at that time, do not differ by more than 2 min, means that the

>>> calculations of Asc are acceptable. The Asc moves roughly 15

>>minutes

>>> for every minute of time. The Time of Sun Rise, from upper limb to

>>> center varies from 3 to 4 minutes. 30 seconds of diff will mean 30

>>X

>>> 15 = 7.5 minutes in the ASC.

>>> > >>>

>>> > >>>The other equally sensitive point is the Siderial Time, which

>>> determines the ASC.

>>> > >>>

>>> > >>>I do not find any difference to give the 17 minutes diff in

>>ASC.

>>> > >>>

>>> > >>>I am happy you are making a deep study of this.

>>> > >>>

>>> > >>>One VERY IMPORTANT THING IS We have to use the GEO-CENTRIC

>>> Latitude, in our calculations. My prog. converts the Geograprphic

>>Lat

>>> to Geogentric, before getting the ASC and other House Cusps

>>> > >>>Good Luck

>>> > >>>

>>> > >>>

>>> > >>>rongaunt wrote:

>>> > >>>

>>> > >>>

>>> > >>>Anant,

>>> > >>>

>>> > >>>I have experimented with Solar Fire which gives sunrise, etc

>>> > >>>positions. S.F. obviously shows the mid point of the Sun as the

>>> > >>>Sun is within 2' of the Ascendant at sunrise on the day of our

>>> > >>>Blind Chart example. However, calculating with your ayanamsa,

>>> > >>>and the one I was working with shows no difference in either

>>Asc

>>> > >>>or Sun positions. In fact changing the ayanamsa considerably -

>>> > >>>whilst it changes the degrees and minutes of the Sun and Asc

>>the

>>> > >>>differential between and Asc and Sun remains the same ie 2'.

>>> > >>>I cannot see how this can be used to prove the validity of the

>>> > >>>Asc position.

>>> > >>>

>>> > >>>

>>> > >>>Ron Gaunt

>>> > >>>

>>> > >>>

>>> > >>>

>>> > >>>On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 23:38:24 -0800, you wrote:

>>> > >>>

>>> > >>>>difference in ASC.

>>> > >>>>

>>> > >>>>There is a simple test. Find out the correct time of SUN Rise

>>> at a place. The usual Time is given for the Upper Limb to be at the

>>> Horizon. Add 3mt, 30 sec. to this time. This gives the Time when

>>> Sun's Centre is on the Horizon.

>>> > >>>>

>>> > >>>>Now cast the Horoscope for this time. The Sun's Longitude and

>>> ASC should be very nearly the same..

>>> > >>>>

>>> > >>>>Similar test for MID Day .Half the Sum of Sunrise+sunset.

>>> > >>>>

>>> > >>>>For this time, Suns, Long must be same as 10th cusp.

>>> > >>>>

>>> > >>>>For sunset : Deduct 3 m. 30 sec from stand sunset. The Sun

>>> should be almost exactly on the 7th Cusp

>>> > >>>>

>>> > >>>>I have based by prog on basis of Formuale given By Raphel

>>> > >>>>

>>> > >>>>I am open to correction, If my method is not correct

>>> > >>>>

>>> > >>>>good luck

>>> > >>>>

>>> > >>>>Try it then Judge.

>>> > >>>>

>>> > >>>>tw853 wrote:

>>> > >>>>

>>> > >>>>

>>> > >>>>Dear All,

>>> > >>>>

>>> > >>>>For your attention and review a comparison of different

>>> software

>>> > >>>>results are given as follows:

>>> > >>>>

>>> > >>>>

>>> > >>>>Example 1: KPBC1, Male, 3 November 1911, Fr, 11:48 AM UT +

>>> 00.00,

>>> > >>>>Ipswich, England, 52N04, 001E10

>>> > >>>>

>>> > >>>>1(a). Comparison of Asc position by using the same New KPA

>>22D-

>>> 32m-

>>> > >>>>10s as given by Raichur Software posted in KP Group.

>>> > >>>>

>>> > >>>>SN D-M-S RL-SL-S Software

>>> > >>>>1. 253-25-31 Ju-Ve-Ve Raichurs

>>> > >>>>2. 253-08-59 Ju-Ke-Ke Solar Fire

>>> > >>>>3. 253-08-44 Ju-Ke-Ke Astro-Kundli

>>> > >>>>4. 253-08-44 Ju-Ke-Ke Astrodienst

>>> > >>>>5. 253-08-48 Ju-Ke-Ke Astraura

>>> > >>>>6. 253-08-11 Ju-Ke-Ke Old One

>>> > >>>>7. 253-08-36 Ju-Ke-Ke JHL

>>> > >>>>8. 253-07-50 Ju-Ke-Ke Junior Jyotish

>>> > >>>>

>>> > >>>>Basic Data

>>> > >>>>

>>> > >>>>Sr Software Sid Time Asc D-M-S KPA

>>> > >>>>1.Raichur 14-39-10 253-25-31 22-32-10

>>> > >>>>2.Solar Fire 14-34-29? 153-09-21 22-31-48

>>> > >>>>3.Astro-Kundli 253-09-10 22-31-44

>>> > >>>>4.Astrodienst 14-39-09 275-40-45 22-37-32*

>>> > >>>>5.Astraura 14-39-09 253-09-35.48 22-31-23

>>> > >>>>6.Old One 14-39-09 253-09-21 22-31

>>> > >>>>7.JHL 14-39-09 253-09-26.04 22-31-19.29

>>> > >>>>8.Jr Jyotish 253-03 22-37*

>>> > >>>>

>>> > >>>>* Lahiri Ayanamsa

>>> > >>>>

>>> > >>>>Differences from New KPA: 1) 0 (base), 2) –22s, 3) –26s, 4)

>>> +5m.22s,

>>> > >>>>5) –47s, 6) –1.10, 7) –50.31s, 8) +4m.50s

>>> > >>>>

>>> > >>>>Explanations:

>>> > >>>>1. Pl note 253-22-49 (Ju-Ve-Ve) in posting of KP Group Msg #

>>> 1410 due

>>> > >>>>to Lat 52N06 other than 52N04.

>>> > >>>>2. Western Tropical, very close to Goravani Jyotish &

>>Parashara

>>> > >>>>Light, as per kind favor of Ron Ganut in KP Group Msg # 1420

>>> > >>>>3. KP & Vedic,

>>> > >>>>4. Western tropical, also available sideral with Lahiri

>>> Ayanamsa

>>> > >>>>5. KP & Vedic,

>>> > >>>>6. based on KPA from KSK's tables & UTOH

>>> > >>>>7. Jagannatha Hora Lite (Pandit Sanjay Rath's Study Group)

>>> > >>>>8. Prof V. K. Choudhry'a SA Study Group (Vedic for 1700-2300

>>> only)

>>> > >>>>

>>> > >>>>

>>> > >>>>ATTENTION:

>>> > >>>>

>>> > >>>>1. SN 1 Software gives around 17d higher Asc with different

>>> Star

>>> > >>>>Lord & Sub Lord. (For other cusps more or less the same, ie

>>> same SL &

>>> > >>>>SL)

>>> > >>>>

>>> > >>>>2. For other softwares no difference in deg-min, SL & S,

>>except

>>> > >>>>around 30sec lower in SN 6 Software.

>>> > >>>>

>>> > >>>>3. House system is not the problem, because Asc is the same

>>> > >>>>whether Placidus, Koch or Equal is used. Something is wrong

>>> somewhere.

>>> > >>>>

>>> > >>>>

>>> > >>>>1 (b). Comparison of Moon position by using the same New KPA

>>22-

>>> 32-10

>>> > >>>>

>>> > >>>>Sr Deg-Min-Sec Software

>>> > >>>>1. 336-20-09 Raichurs

>>> > >>>>2. 336-20-34 Solar Fire

>>> > >>>>3. 336-20-21 Astro-Kundli

>>> > >>>>4. 336-20-12 Astrodienst

>>> > >>>>5 336-20-12 Astraura

>>> > >>>>6 336-21-20 Old One

>>> > >>>>7 336-20-14 JHL

>>> > >>>>8 336-19-50 Junior Jyotish

>>> > >>>>

>>> > >>>>Not much difference except in SN 6 & 8. (For other planets

>>more

>>> or

>>> > >>>>less the same)

>>> > >>>>

>>> > >>>>Example 2. Leonardo da Vinci, 23 April 1452, 9-40 PM LMT, UT-

>>> 0.44,

>>> > >>>>Vinci, Italy, 43N47, 10E55

>>> > >>>>

>>> > >>>>For comparison the same KPA 16d-07m-15s is used.

>>> > >>>>

>>> > >>>>SN Asc D-M-S Moon D-M-S Software

>>> > >>>>1. 227-30-40 078-01-54 Raichur

>>> > >>>>2. 230-27-45 316-53-45 AstroDatabank

>>> > >>>>3. 230-31-23 316-53-51 Astrodienst

>>> > >>>>4. 230-30-53 078-04-18 Astraura

>>> > >>>>5. 238-26-01 092-20-55 Old One

>>> > >>>>6. 230-27-26 316-54-03 JHL

>>> > >>>>7. 230-32-27 316-54-10 Khaldea

>>> > >>>>

>>> > >>>>ATTENTION: SN 1, 4 & 5 sofware have gone out of line. Solar

>>> Fire

>>> > >>>>will be very useful.

>>> > >>>>

>>> > >>>>Basic Data

>>> > >>>>

>>> > >>>>SN Software Sid Time KPA

>>> > >>>>1. Raichur 11-31-41 16-07-46

>>> > >>>>2. Astrodienst 11-47-47 16-12-57*

>>> > >>>>3. Astraura 11-47-44 16-07-19

>>> > >>>>4. Old One 12-27-04 16-09-00

>>> > >>>>5. JHL 11-47-27 16-07-14.65

>>> > >>>>

>>> > >>>>* Lahiri Ayanamsa

>>> > >>>>

>>> > >>>>Good Luck!

>>> > >>>>

>>> > >>>>tw

>>> > >>>>

>>> > >>>>

>>> > >>>> , Yogesh Rao Lajmi

>>> > >>>>wrote:

>>> > >>>>> Dear Members,

>>> > >>>>> I have with me Mr.K.Subramaniam's K.P.

>>> > >>>>> Software,but after I bought and began using the

>>> > >>>>> Software developed by Shri A.R.Raichur(upto subsub

>>> > >>>>> levels),I have found it most useful and

>>> > >>>>> simple-to-use,and Shri Raichur also provides a

>>> > >>>>> specially developed on K.P. Dasavidha Poruthams

>>> > >>>>> principles,a software for horoscope matching...which

>>> > >>>>> in my humble opinion is prhaps the best Software for

>>> > >>>>> K.P., developed so far...

>>> > >>>>> I therefore would strongly recommend

>>> > >>>>> Shri Raichur's Software...for K.P. followers...his

>>> > >>>>> e-mai ID has appeared in these columns already...

>>> > >>>>> With best wishes,I am,

>>> > >>>>> Yours sincerely,

>>> > >>>>> lyrastro1

>>> > >>>>> GOOD LUCK !

>>> > >>>>>

>>> > >>>>>

>>> > >>>>> Vaidun ji,

>>> > >>>>>

>>> > >>>>> Have a look at " Varahamihira for Windows " and " Mobile

>>> > >>>>> Kundli for

>>> > >>>>> PalmOS " by the company running this group. Both are

>>> > >>>>> designed KP

>>> > >>>>> astrologers in mind. The details are available at

>>> > >>>>> http://www.astrocamp.com.

>>> > >>>>>

>>> > >>>>> Regards,

>>> > >>>>>

>>> > >>>>> Punit Pandey

>>> > >>>>>

>>> > >>>>>

>>> > >>>>>

>>> > >>>>> On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 21:40:15 +1000, Vaidun Vidyadhar

>>> > >>>>> wrote:

>>> > >>>>> > Dear List Members,

>>> > >>>>> >

>>> > >>>>> > I am new to this list though I was introduced to KP

>>> > >>>>> in 1988 when I was

>>> > >>>>> > living in Madras. My introduction to vedic

>>> > >>>>> astrology was with KP. I had

>>> > >>>>> > bought all the books of Shri Krishnamurthi then and

>>> > >>>>> was very impressed with

>>> > >>>>> > his astrological skills. There are few who can

>>> > >>>>> match the phenomenal

>>> > >>>>> > accuracy of his predictions. Those days, I had to

>>> > >>>>> MANUALLY cast each chart,

>>> > >>>>> > be it natal or horary, with the help of tables and

>>> > >>>>> the ephemeris. It used

>>> > >>>>> > to take 2 hours of manual calculations to be able to

>>> > >>>>> finally arrive at the

>>> > >>>>> > table of significators. Now, with computers, the

>>> > >>>>> same job can be done in

>>> > >>>>> > seconds. Amazing.

>>> > >>>>> >

>>> > >>>>> > I have Goravani Jyotish which has some element of KP

>>> > >>>>> in it but maybe not

>>> > >>>>> > enough. I am thinking of buying some other

>>> > >>>>> astrology program which

>>> > >>>>> > incorporates the elements of KP more fully. Can I

>>> > >>>>> request members to kindly

>>> > >>>>> > advise me as to which would be the best program for

>>> > >>>>> this. I will be much

>>> > >>>>> > obliged.

>>> > >>>>> >

>>> > >>>>> > I have always had an enduring interest in KP but was

>>> > >>>>> unable to find a

>>> > >>>>> > website or list which was fully devoted to KP, until

>>> > >>>>> now. I hope to be able

>>> > >>>>> > to learn a lot from you all and hone my KP skills.

>>> > >>>>> >

>>> > >>>>> > Thanks for your time. With best regards.

>>> > >>>>> >

>>> > >>>>> > Vaidun Vidyadhar

>>> > >>>>> > 1 / 94 Marius Street

>>> > >>>>> > Tamworth, NSW 2340

>>> > >>>>> > Australia

>>> > >>>>> > Tel: 61-2-67 668428 (home)

>>> > >>>>> > Mobile: 0414 870 083

>>> > >>>>> > Email: vvidya@o...

>>> > >>>>> >

>>> > >>>>> >

>>> > >>>>> >

>>> > >>>>> >

>>> > >>>>> >

>>> > >>>>> >

>>> > >>>>> >

tw,

As previously explained it appears that nearly all software

(except Mr Raichur's) use GEOCENTRIC planetary positions with

GEOGRAPHIC angles. Solar Fire and Astrodienst give almost the

same results in this respect.

Mr Raichur converts the geographic angles to geocentric angles.

I have just obtained a demo copy of Mr Raichur's program and have

checked. His program gives KPBC1 ascendant (geocentric angle)

as 13Sag25:31. Solar Fire gives geocentric angle as 13Sag24:01

The slight difference here might be due to the fact that I used

22:37:30 ayanamsa circa 1900 using the 'normal' setting in Mr

Raichur's program which may refer to 22:37:15 if using his

calculation shown earlier on this List.

Ron Gaunt

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 06:25:26 +0000, you wrote:

>

>

>Dear Ron Gaunt,

>

>There is a significant difference between around 13Sag08:44 by

>Astrodienst & other sofwares, and 13Sag24:01 by Solar Fire, ALL on

>SAME GEOCENTRIC basis(using more or less same New KPA.)

>

>It seems to imply that the following provided data are GEOGRAPHIC.

>

>

>>>> " Asc 13Sag09:21

>> >Moon 6Pis20:34

>> >

>>

>> ** ST at 0*= 14:34:29 = LST 14:39:09 **

>>

>> >

>> >Ayanamsa at date of birth 7Pi28:12 ie 22:31:48 "

>

>

>

>If the above provided data are GEOCENTRIC sT 0* 14:34:29 can't be

>matched with Asc 13Sag09:21.

>

>Observations are based on only GEOCENTRIC commonly used in chart

>making softwares.

>

>tw

>

>>

>>

>

>

> , rongaunt <rongaunt@b...> wrote:

>> On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 04:13:23 +0000, you wrote:

>>

>> tw,

>>

>> Please see ** ............. **

>>

>> Ron Gaunt

>>

>>

>> >

>> >

>> >Dear Ron Gaunt,

>> >

>> >Could you check Sid Time 14:34:29 in relation to Asc 13Sag09:21.

>> >

>> >Asc 13Sag09:21

>> >Moon 6Pis20:34

>> >ST 0* 14:34:29

>>

>> ** ST at 0*= 14:34:29 = LST 14:39:09 **

>>

>> >

>> >Ayanamsa at date of birth 7Pi28:12 ie 22:31:48

>> >

>> >Typing error in reverse? in Asc 13Sag08:54 for geographic and

>> >13Sag24:01 for geocentric

>>

>> ** No typing error. What is a little confusing is that the

>> " co-ordinate system " is shown as " geocentric " even when one

>> applies the option for " geocentric latitude " . What appears

>> to happen in most programs is that it is taken as given that the

>> angles are " geographic " whilst the planetary data is

>> " geocentric " . (I have assumed this as most other programs

>> seem not to give an option, but obviously display geographic

>> angles with geocentric planetary positions.)

>>

>>

>>

>> >

>> >Thanks and best regards,

>> >

>> >tw

>> >

>> >

>> > , " tw853 " <tw853> wrote:

>> >>

>> >> Dear Ron Gaunt,

>> >>

>> >> Asc for KPBC1 253-08-44, New KPA 22-32-10 @ DOB is Geocentric.

>> >>

>> >> It's very strange that Solar Fire is giving 13Sag24:01 for

>> >geocentric.

>> >>

>> >>

>> >> >By the way using ayanamsa 22:22:30 circa 1900, Solar Fire shows

>> >> > Asc 13Sag08:54 for geographic and 13Sag24:01 for geocentric.

>> >>

>> >> It's very strange that Solar Fire is giving 13Sag24:01 for

>> >geocentric.

>> >>

>> >> Best regards,

>> >>

>> >> tw

>> >>

>> >>

>> >> , rongaunt <rongaunt@b...>

>wrote:

>> >> >

>> >> > Anant,

>> >> >

>> >> > I decided to do a bit of further investigation, and have found

>> >> > that Solar Fire does in fact have an option for Geocentric

>> >> > calculation. I was of the opinion that the program did this

>> >> > automatically. But obviously I had it set up for

>geographic,

>> >> > and had never queried it, as nearly all other programs come up

>> >> > with the same or nearly the same Ascendant.

>> >> >

>> >> > Are you suggesting that the correct way is to always calculate

>> >> > angles using Geocentric? If so has any studies been done

>on

>> >> > this?

>> >> >

>> >> > One thing that has always been at the back of my mind is that

>as

>> >> > we live on the surface of the earth this should be the datum

>> >> > point. Garth Allen an excellent astrologer of the Western

>> >> > Sidereal system did a lot of work on the parallax Moon and

>showed

>> >> > it to be more important in casting Lunar Returns. Likewise my

>> >> > main method of prognostication for some years has been the

>Solar

>> >> > Eclipse, and I have found parallax Moon angles to be extremely

>> >> > accurate compared to geocentric. Another point is that I

>have

>> >> > frequently seen transit Ascendant exact aspect to a critical

>> >> > planet at the time of an accident - using the geographic

>> >> > calculation. However, I would need to do some micro checking

>> >> > to see how geocentric compares.

>> >> >

>> >> > By the way using ayanamsa 22:22:30 circa 1900, Solar Fire

>shows

>> >> > Asc 13Sag08:54 for geographic and 13Sag24:01 for geocentric.

>How

>> >> > does your program compare?

>> >> >

>> >> >

>> >> > Ron Gaunt

>> >> >

>> >> >

>> >> >

>> >> > On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 17:49:53 +1000, I wrote:

>> >> >

>> >> > >

>> >> > >

>> >> > >Anant,

>> >> > >

>> >> > >Sorry, I possibly got a bit mixed up here. What Solar Fire

>has

>> >> > >is a function to calculate Parallax Moon (which is Geographic

>ie

>> >> > >relative to the position on the surface of the earth) as well

>as

>> >> > >the Geocentric position for the Moon. It doesn't actually

>> >> > >change the angles of the chart. As far as I am aware Solar

>> >> > >Fire and all other programs show Geocentric positions for the

>> >> > >planets. This is why there is a different calculation for

>> >> > >parallax Moon.

>> >> > >

>> >> > >Ron Gaunt

>> >> > >

>> >> > >

>> >> > >On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 22:49:44 -0800, you wrote:

>> >> > >

>> >> > >>Dear Rongaunt

>> >> > >>

>> >> > >>What exactly does the option mean ? Does it allow you to

>enter

>> >> Geoceentric

>> >> > >>Lat. instead of Geographic. ? Try both alternatives entering

>> >the

>> >> same value and then this will be clear.

>> >> > >>

>> >> > >>I have presumed that users do not know the Geocentric Lat,

>but

>> >> only the Geograpgic, and enter this figure. In the programme I

>> >change

>> >> this geographic Lat to Geocenrtc Lat for further calculations.

>> >> > >>

>> >> > >>Good Luck]

>> >> > >>

>> >> > >>

>> >> > >>rongaunt <rongaunt@b...> wrote:

>> >> > >>

>> >> > >>

>> >> > >>Anant,

>> >> > >>

>> >> > >>Thanks for the information. From this I gather that your

>method

>> >> > >>of calculating the Asc position is correct. But, the

>calculation

>> >> > >>by Solar Fire is obviously also correct - because of the

>> >accuracy

>> >> > >>shown in the example. But there is still a difference between

>> >> > >>the two calculated ascendants. I wonder why? By the way

>> >> > >>Solar Fire offers options of geographic and geocentric. I

>used

>> >> > >>geocentric in my example.

>> >> > >>

>> >> > >>Ron Gaunt

>> >> > >>

>> >> > >>

>> >> > >>On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 21:24:32 -0800, you wrote:

>> >> > >>

>> >> > >>>Dear Rongaunt

>> >> > >>>

>> >> > >>>The checking of the ASC with Sunrise, Center of Sun,s Disk,

>is

>> >> to verify wether the

>> >> > >>>calculations used for ASC are correct or not. The Ayanmsa

>has

>> >> part in this comparison, as in any calculation, the SAYANA

>position

>> >> of SUN, and The Sayana ASC are calculated, and then the Nirayan

>> >> Positions are found by deducting the Ayanamsa from them.

>> >> > >>>

>> >> > >>>Your statement that the Sun's Longitude at Sunrise, and the

>> >Asc

>> >> at that time, do not differ by more than 2 min, means that the

>> >> calculations of Asc are acceptable. The Asc moves roughly 15

>> >minutes

>> >> for every minute of time. The Time of Sun Rise, from upper limb

>to

>> >> center varies from 3 to 4 minutes. 30 seconds of diff will mean

>30

>> >X

>> >> 15 = 7.5 minutes in the ASC.

>> >> > >>>

>> >> > >>>The other equally sensitive point is the Siderial Time,

>which

>> >> determines the ASC.

>> >> > >>>

>> >> > >>>I do not find any difference to give the 17 minutes diff in

>> >ASC.

>> >> > >>>

>> >> > >>>I am happy you are making a deep study of this.

>> >> > >>>

>> >> > >>>One VERY IMPORTANT THING IS We have to use the GEO-CENTRIC

>> >> Latitude, in our calculations. My prog. converts the

>Geograprphic

>> >Lat

>> >> to Geogentric, before getting the ASC and other House Cusps

>> >> > >>>Good Luck

>> >> > >>>

>> >> > >>>

>> >> > >>>rongaunt wrote:

>> >> > >>>

>> >> > >>>

>> >> > >>>Anant,

>> >> > >>>

>> >> > >>>I have experimented with Solar Fire which gives sunrise, etc

>> >> > >>>positions. S.F. obviously shows the mid point of the Sun as

>the

>> >> > >>>Sun is within 2' of the Ascendant at sunrise on the day of

>our

>> >> > >>>Blind Chart example. However, calculating with your

>ayanamsa,

>> >> > >>>and the one I was working with shows no difference in

>either

>> >Asc

>> >> > >>>or Sun positions. In fact changing the ayanamsa

>considerably -

>> >> > >>>whilst it changes the degrees and minutes of the Sun and

>Asc

>> >the

>> >> > >>>differential between and Asc and Sun remains the same ie 2'.

>> >> > >>>I cannot see how this can be used to prove the validity of

>the

>> >> > >>>Asc position.

>> >> > >>>

>> >> > >>>

>> >> > >>>Ron Gaunt

>> >> > >>>

>> >> > >>>

>> >> > >>>

>> >> > >>>On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 23:38:24 -0800, you wrote:

>> >> > >>>

>> >> > >>>>difference in ASC.

>> >> > >>>>

>> >> > >>>>There is a simple test. Find out the correct time of SUN

>Rise

>> >> at a place. The usual Time is given for the Upper Limb to be at

>the

>> >> Horizon. Add 3mt, 30 sec. to this time. This gives the Time when

>> >> Sun's Centre is on the Horizon.

>> >> > >>>>

>> >> > >>>>Now cast the Horoscope for this time. The Sun's Longitude

>and

>> >> ASC should be very nearly the same..

>> >> > >>>>

>> >> > >>>>Similar test for MID Day .Half the Sum of Sunrise+sunset.

>> >> > >>>>

>> >> > >>>>For this time, Suns, Long must be same as 10th cusp.

>> >> > >>>>

>> >> > >>>>For sunset : Deduct 3 m. 30 sec from stand sunset. The Sun

>> >> should be almost exactly on the 7th Cusp

>> >> > >>>>

>> >> > >>>>I have based by prog on basis of Formuale given By Raphel

>> >> > >>>>

>> >> > >>>>I am open to correction, If my method is not correct

>> >> > >>>>

>> >> > >>>>good luck

>> >> > >>>>

>> >> > >>>>Try it then Judge.

>> >> > >>>>

>> >> > >>>>tw853 wrote:

>> >> > >>>>

>> >> > >>>>

>> >> > >>>>Dear All,

>> >> > >>>>

>> >> > >>>>For your attention and review a comparison of different

>> >> software

>> >> > >>>>results are given as follows:

>> >> > >>>>

>> >> > >>>>

>> >> > >>>>Example 1: KPBC1, Male, 3 November 1911, Fr, 11:48 AM UT +

>> >> 00.00,

>> >> > >>>>Ipswich, England, 52N04, 001E10

>> >> > >>>>

>> >> > >>>>1(a). Comparison of Asc position by using the same New KPA

>> >22D-

>> >> 32m-

>> >> > >>>>10s as given by Raichur Software posted in KP Group.

>> >> > >>>>

>> >> > >>>>SN D-M-S RL-SL-S Software

>> >> > >>>>1. 253-25-31 Ju-Ve-Ve Raichurs

>> >> > >>>>2. 253-08-59 Ju-Ke-Ke Solar Fire

>> >> > >>>>3. 253-08-44 Ju-Ke-Ke Astro-Kundli

>> >> > >>>>4. 253-08-44 Ju-Ke-Ke Astrodienst

>> >> > >>>>5. 253-08-48 Ju-Ke-Ke Astraura

>> >> > >>>>6. 253-08-11 Ju-Ke-Ke Old One

>> >> > >>>>7. 253-08-36 Ju-Ke-Ke JHL

>> >> > >>>>8. 253-07-50 Ju-Ke-Ke Junior Jyotish

>> >> > >>>>

>> >> > >>>>Basic Data

>> >> > >>>>

>> >> > >>>>Sr Software Sid Time Asc D-M-S KPA

>> >> > >>>>1.Raichur 14-39-10 253-25-31 22-32-10

>> >> > >>>>2.Solar Fire 14-34-29? 153-09-21 22-31-48

>> >> > >>>>3.Astro-Kundli 253-09-10 22-31-44

>> >> > >>>>4.Astrodienst 14-39-09 275-40-45 22-37-32*

>> >> > >>>>5.Astraura 14-39-09 253-09-35.48 22-31-23

>> >> > >>>>6.Old One 14-39-09 253-09-21 22-31

>> >> > >>>>7.JHL 14-39-09 253-09-26.04 22-31-19.29

>> >> > >>>>8.Jr Jyotish 253-03 22-37*

>> >> > >>>>

>> >> > >>>>* Lahiri Ayanamsa

>> >> > >>>>

>> >> > >>>>Differences from New KPA: 1) 0 (base), 2) –22s, 3) –26s,

>4)

>> >> +5m.22s,

>> >> > >>>>5) –47s, 6) –1.10, 7) –50.31s, 8) +4m.50s

>> >> > >>>>

>> >> > >>>>Explanations:

>> >> > >>>>1. Pl note 253-22-49 (Ju-Ve-Ve) in posting of KP Group Msg

>#

>> >> 1410 due

>> >> > >>>>to Lat 52N06 other than 52N04.

>> >> > >>>>2. Western Tropical, very close to Goravani Jyotish &

>> >Parashara

>> >> > >>>>Light, as per kind favor of Ron Ganut in KP Group Msg #

>1420

>> >> > >>>>3. KP & Vedic,

>> >> > >>>>4. Western tropical, also available sideral with Lahiri

>> >> Ayanamsa

>> >> > >>>>5. KP & Vedic,

>> >> > >>>>6. based on KPA from KSK's tables & UTOH

>> >> > >>>>7. Jagannatha Hora Lite (Pandit Sanjay Rath's Study Group)

>> >> > >>>>8. Prof V. K. Choudhry'a SA Study Group (Vedic for 1700-

>2300

>> >> only)

>> >> > >>>>

>> >> > >>>>

>> >> > >>>>ATTENTION:

>> >> > >>>>

>> >> > >>>>1. SN 1 Software gives around 17d higher Asc with

>different

>> >> Star

>> >> > >>>>Lord & Sub Lord. (For other cusps more or less the same,

>ie

>> >> same SL &

>> >> > >>>>SL)

>> >> > >>>>

>> >> > >>>>2. For other softwares no difference in deg-min, SL & S,

>> >except

>> >> > >>>>around 30sec lower in SN 6 Software.

>> >> > >>>>

>> >> > >>>>3. House system is not the problem, because Asc is the

>same

>> >> > >>>>whether Placidus, Koch or Equal is used. Something is

>wrong

>> >> somewhere.

>> >> > >>>>

>> >> > >>>>

>> >> > >>>>1 (b). Comparison of Moon position by using the same New

>KPA

>> >22-

>> >> 32-10

>> >> > >>>>

>> >> > >>>>Sr Deg-Min-Sec Software

>> >> > >>>>1. 336-20-09 Raichurs

>> >> > >>>>2. 336-20-34 Solar Fire

>> >> > >>>>3. 336-20-21 Astro-Kundli

>> >> > >>>>4. 336-20-12 Astrodienst

>> >> > >>>>5 336-20-12 Astraura

>> >> > >>>>6 336-21-20 Old One

>> >> > >>>>7 336-20-14 JHL

>> >> > >>>>8 336-19-50 Junior Jyotish

>> >> > >>>>

>> >> > >>>>Not much difference except in SN 6 & 8. (For other planets

>> >more

>> >> or

>> >> > >>>>less the same)

>> >> > >>>>

>> >> > >>>>Example 2. Leonardo da Vinci, 23 April 1452, 9-40 PM LMT,

>UT-

>> >> 0.44,

>> >> > >>>>Vinci, Italy, 43N47, 10E55

>> >> > >>>>

>> >> > >>>>For comparison the same KPA 16d-07m-15s is used.

>> >> > >>>>

>> >> > >>>>SN Asc D-M-S Moon D-M-S Software

>> >> > >>>>1. 227-30-40 078-01-54 Raichur

>> >> > >>>>2. 230-27-45 316-53-45 AstroDatabank

>> >> > >>>>3. 230-31-23 316-53-51 Astrodienst

>> >> > >>>>4. 230-30-53 078-04-18 Astraura

>> >> > >>>>5. 238-26-01 092-20-55 Old One

>> >> > >>>>6. 230-27-26 316-54-03 JHL

>> >> > >>>>7. 230-32-27 316-54-10 Khaldea

>> >> > >>>>

>> >> > >>>>ATTENTION: SN 1, 4 & 5 sofware have gone out of line.

>Solar

>> >> Fire

>> >> > >>>>will be very useful.

>> >> > >>>>

>> >> > >>>>Basic Data

>> >> > >>>>

>> >> > >>>>SN Software Sid Time KPA

>> >> > >>>>1. Raichur 11-31-41 16-07-46

>> >> > >>>>2. Astrodienst 11-47-47 16-12-57*

>> >> > >>>>3. Astraura 11-47-44 16-07-19

>> >> > >>>>4. Old One 12-27-04 16-09-00

>> >> > >>>>5. JHL 11-47-27 16-07-14.65

>> >> > >>>>

>> >> > >>>>* Lahiri Ayanamsa

>> >> > >>>>

>> >> > >>>>Good Luck!

>> >> > >>>>

>> >> > >>>>tw

>> >> > >>>>

>> >> > >>>>

>> >> > >>>> , Yogesh Rao Lajmi

>> >> > >>>>wrote:

>> >> > >>>>> Dear Members,

>> >> > >>>>> I have with me Mr.K.Subramaniam's K.P.

>> >> > >>>>> Software,but after I bought and began using the

>> >> > >>>>> Software developed by Shri A.R.Raichur(upto subsub

>> >> > >>>>> levels),I have found it most useful and

>> >> > >>>>> simple-to-use,and Shri Raichur also provides a

>> >> > >>>>> specially developed on K.P. Dasavidha Poruthams

>> >> > >>>>> principles,a software for horoscope matching...which

>> >> > >>>>> in my humble opinion is prhaps the best Software for

>> >> > >>>>> K.P., developed so far...

>> >> > >>>>> I therefore would strongly recommend

>> >> > >>>>> Shri Raichur's Software...for K.P. followers...his

>> >> > >>>>> e-mai ID has appeared in these columns already...

>> >> > >>>>> With best wishes,I am,

>> >> > >>>>> Yours sincerely,

>> >> > >>>>> lyrastro1

>> >> > >>>>> GOOD LUCK !

>> >> > >>>>>

>> >> > >>>>>

>> >> > >>>>> Vaidun ji,

>> >> > >>>>>

>> >> > >>>>> Have a look at " Varahamihira for Windows " and " Mobile

>> >> > >>>>> Kundli for

>> >> > >>>>> PalmOS " by the company running this group. Both are

>> >> > >>>>> designed KP

>> >> > >>>>> astrologers in mind. The details are available at

>> >> > >>>>> http://www.astrocamp.com.

>> >> > >>>>>

>> >> > >>>>> Regards,

>> >> > >>>>>

>> >> > >>>>> Punit Pandey

>> >> > >>>>>

>> >> > >>>>>

>> >> > >>>>>

>> >> > >>>>> On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 21:40:15 +1000, Vaidun Vidyadhar

>> >> > >>>>> wrote:

>> >> > >>>>> > Dear List Members,

>> >> > >>>>> >

>> >> > >>>>> > I am new to this list though I was introduced to KP

>> >> > >>>>> in 1988 when I was

>> >> > >>>>> > living in Madras. My introduction to vedic

>> >> > >>>>> astrology was with KP. I had

>> >> > >>>>> > bought all the books of Shri Krishnamurthi then and

>> >> > >>>>> was very impressed with

>> >> > >>>>> > his astrological skills. There are few who can

>> >> > >>>>> match the phenomenal

>> >> > >>>>> > accuracy of his predictions. Those days, I had to

>> >> > >>>>> MANUALLY cast each chart,

>> >> > >>>>> > be it natal or horary, with the help of tables and

>> >> > >>>>> the ephemeris. It used

>> >> > >>>>> > to take 2 hours of manual calculations to be able to

>> >> > >>>>> finally arrive at the

>> >> > >>>>> > table of significators. Now, with computers, the

>> >> > >>>>> same job can be done in

>> >> > >>>>> > seconds. Amazing.

>> >> > >>>>> >

>> >> > >>>>> > I have Goravani Jyotish which has some element of KP

>> >> > >>>>> in it but maybe not

>> >> > >>>>> > enough. I am thinking of buying some other

>> >> > >>>>> astrology program which

>> >> > >>>>> > incorporates the elements of KP more fully. Can I

>> >> > >>>>> request members to kindly

>> >> > >>>>> > advise me as to which would be the best program for

>> >> > >>>>> this. I will be much

>> >> > >>>>> > obliged.

>> >> > >>>>> >

>> >> > >>>>> > I have always had an enduring interest in KP but was

>> >> > >>>>> unable to find a

>> >> > >>>>> > website or list which was fully devoted to KP, until

>> >> > >>>>> now. I hope to be able

>> >> > >>>>> > to learn a lot from you all and hone my KP skills.

>> >> > >>>>> >

>> >> > >>>>> > Thanks for your time. With best regards.

>> >> > >>>>> >

>> >> > >>>>> > Vaidun Vidyadhar

>> >> > >>>>> > 1 / 94 Marius Street

>> >> > >>>>> > Tamworth, NSW 2340

>> >> > >>>>> > Australia

>> >> > >>>>> > Tel: 61-2-67 668428 (home)

>> >> > >>>>> > Mobile: 0414 870 083

>> >> > >>>>> > Email: vvidya@o...

>> >> > >>>>> >

>> >> > >>>>> >

>> >> > >>>>> >

>> >> > >>>>> >

>> >> > >>>>> >

>> >> > >>>>> >

>> >> > >>>>> >

There is another simple test, to check ASC, Aynamsa etc.

The SUB-LORD OF 1ST Cusp always shows the general nature of the person .

Sun shows a Round face, and noble thoughts: Moon a wavering Mind: Mars a firm will, and tendency to lose temper: Merc - an intellectual. Jup- a tendencey to be relegious, interest in Philosopht; Ven: Handsome, interest in Arts(MUSIC,PAINTING,Dancing etc)

SAT: An introvert-thinker, who does not speakout his mind without deep thouht.

It is Rahu and Ketu, which are a bit difficult.

IN KPBC1- The ASC star,sub,subsub is VENUS(Raichur's prog):

THIS person has to be AN ARTIST: Check this and you know wether Aynamsa, Calculations are reliable or NOT.

Yogesh Rao Lajmi <lyrastro1 wrote:

Dear Ron,

I have been reading with interest the discussion on Ayanamsa...but I keep wondering why a simple method of verifying the Ayanamsa used is not experimented with by you Ron...

Use RPs for timing events like "at what time,exactly, will expected friend arrive ?" etc....which I am sure will help you get the time to the nearest second and verify it by actual observation...!

You could carry out such experiments many times,as you have your computer,and try out different ayanamsas...and compare the results...such experiments can be done with arrival of trains,planes,interstate busses etc...

I am not a mathematical genius like uall,hence I am suggesting a simple calculation...

With best wishes,

Yours sincerely,

L.Y.Rao.

GOOD LUCK !rongaunt <rongaunt wrote:

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 04:13:23 +0000, you wrote:tw,Please see ** ............. **Ron Gaunt>>>Dear Ron Gaunt,>>Could you check Sid Time 14:34:29 in relation to Asc 13Sag09:21.>>Asc 13Sag09:21>Moon 6Pis20:34>ST 0* 14:34:29** ST at 0*= 14:34:29 = LST 14:39:09 **>>Ayanamsa at date of birth 7Pi28:12 ie 22:31:48>>Typing error in reverse? in Asc 13Sag08:54 for geographic and >13Sag24:01 for geocentric** No typing error. What is a little confusing is that the"co-ordinate system" is shown as "geocentric" even when oneapplies the option for "geocentric latitude". What appearsto happen in most programs is that it is taken as given that theangles are "geographic" whilst the

planetary data is"geocentric". (I have assumed this as most other programsseem not to give an option, but obviously display geographicangles with geocentric planetary positions.) >>Thanks and best regards,>>tw >>> , "tw853" <tw853> wrote:>> >> Dear Ron Gaunt,>> >> Asc for KPBC1 253-08-44, New KPA 22-32-10 @ DOB is Geocentric.>> >> It's very strange that Solar Fire is giving 13Sag24:01 for >geocentric.>> >> >> >By the way using ayanamsa 22:22:30 circa 1900, Solar Fire shows>> > Asc 13Sag08:54 for geographic and 13Sag24:01 for geocentric. >> >> It's very strange that Solar Fire is giving 13Sag24:01 for >geocentric.>> >> Best regards,>> >>

tw>> >> >> , rongaunt <rongaunt@b...> wrote:>> > >> > Anant,>> > >> > I decided to do a bit of further investigation, and have found>> > that Solar Fire does in fact have an option for Geocentric>> > calculation. I was of the opinion that the program did this>> > automatically. But obviously I had it set up for geographic,>> > and had never queried it, as nearly all other programs come up>> > with the same or nearly the same Ascendant. >> > >> > Are you suggesting that the correct way is to always calculate>> > angles using Geocentric? If so has any studies been done on>> > this?>> > >> > One thing that has always

been at the back of my mind is that as>> > we live on the surface of the earth this should be the datum>> > point. Garth Allen an excellent astrologer of the Western>> > Sidereal system did a lot of work on the parallax Moon and showed>> > it to be more important in casting Lunar Returns. Likewise my>> > main method of prognostication for some years has been the Solar>> > Eclipse, and I have found parallax Moon angles to be extremely>> > accurate compared to geocentric. Another point is that I have>> > frequently seen transit Ascendant exact aspect to a critical>> > planet at the time of an accident - using the geographic>> > calculation. However, I would need to do some micro checking>> > to see how geocentric compares.>> > >> > By the way using

ayanamsa 22:22:30 circa 1900, Solar Fire shows>> > Asc 13Sag08:54 for geographic and 13Sag24:01 for geocentric. How>> > does your program compare?>> > >> > >> > Ron Gaunt>> > >> > >> > >> > On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 17:49:53 +1000, I wrote:>> > >> > >>> > >>> > >Anant,>> > >>> > >Sorry, I possibly got a bit mixed up here. What Solar Fire has>> > >is a function to calculate Parallax Moon (which is Geographic ie>> > >relative to the position on the surface of the earth) as well as>> > >the Geocentric position for the Moon. It doesn't actually>> > >change the angles of the chart. As far as I am aware Solar>> > >Fire and all other programs show

Geocentric positions for the>> > >planets. This is why there is a different calculation for>> > >parallax Moon.>> > >>> > >Ron Gaunt>> > >>> > >>> > >On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 22:49:44 -0800, you wrote:>> > >>> > >>Dear Rongaunt>> > >> >> > >>What exactly does the option mean ? Does it allow you to enter >> Geoceentric>> > >>Lat. instead of Geographic. ? Try both alternatives entering >the >> same value and then this will be clear.>> > >> >> > >>I have presumed that users do not know the Geocentric Lat, but >> only the Geograpgic, and enter this figure. In the programme I >change >> this geographic Lat to Geocenrtc Lat for further calculations.>> > >> >>

> >>Good Luck]>> > >>>> > >>>> > >>rongaunt <rongaunt@b...> wrote:>> > >>>> > >>>> > >>Anant,>> > >>>> > >>Thanks for the information. From this I gather that your method>> > >>of calculating the Asc position is correct. But, the calculation>> > >>by Solar Fire is obviously also correct - because of the >accuracy>> > >>shown in the example. But there is still a difference between>> > >>the two calculated ascendants. I wonder why? By the way>> > >>Solar Fire offers options of geographic and geocentric. I used>> > >>geocentric in my example.>> > >>>> > >>Ron Gaunt>> > >>>> > >>>> > >>On Mon, 08 Nov 2004

21:24:32 -0800, you wrote:>> > >>>> > >>>Dear Rongaunt>> > >>> >> > >>>The checking of the ASC with Sunrise, Center of Sun,s Disk, is >> to verify wether the >> > >>>calculations used for ASC are correct or not. The Ayanmsa has >> part in this comparison, as in any calculation, the SAYANA position >> of SUN, and The Sayana ASC are calculated, and then the Nirayan >> Positions are found by deducting the Ayanamsa from them.>> > >>> >> > >>>Your statement that the Sun's Longitude at Sunrise, and the >Asc >> at that time, do not differ by more than 2 min, means that the >> calculations of Asc are acceptable. The Asc moves roughly 15 >minutes >> for every minute of time. The Time of Sun Rise, from upper limb to >> center varies from 3 to 4

minutes. 30 seconds of diff will mean 30 >X >> 15 = 7.5 minutes in the ASC.>> > >>> >> > >>>The other equally sensitive point is the Siderial Time, which >> determines the ASC.>> > >>> >> > >>>I do not find any difference to give the 17 minutes diff in >ASC.>> > >>> >> > >>>I am happy you are making a deep study of this. >> > >>> >> > >>>One VERY IMPORTANT THING IS We have to use the GEO-CENTRIC >> Latitude, in our calculations. My prog. converts the Geograprphic >Lat >> to Geogentric, before getting the ASC and other House Cusps>> > >>>Good Luck>> > >>> >> > >>>>> > >>>rongaunt wrote:>> > >>>>> > >>>>> >

>>>Anant,>> > >>>>> > >>>I have experimented with Solar Fire which gives sunrise, etc>> > >>>positions. S.F. obviously shows the mid point of the Sun as the>> > >>>Sun is within 2' of the Ascendant at sunrise on the day of our>> > >>>Blind Chart example. However, calculating with your ayanamsa,>> > >>>and the one I was working with shows no difference in either >Asc>> > >>>or Sun positions. In fact changing the ayanamsa considerably ->> > >>>whilst it changes the degrees and minutes of the Sun and Asc >the>> > >>>differential between and Asc and Sun remains the same ie 2'.>> > >>>I cannot see how this can be used to prove the validity of the>> > >>>Asc position.>> > >>>>> >

>>>>> > >>>Ron Gaunt>> > >>>>> > >>>>> > >>>>> > >>>On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 23:38:24 -0800, you wrote:>> > >>>>> > >>>>difference in ASC.>> > >>>> >> > >>>>There is a simple test. Find out the correct time of SUN Rise >> at a place. The usual Time is given for the Upper Limb to be at the >> Horizon. Add 3mt, 30 sec. to this time. This gives the Time when >> Sun's Centre is on the Horizon.>> > >>>> >> > >>>>Now cast the Horoscope for this time. The Sun's Longitude and >> ASC should be very nearly the same..>> > >>>> >> > >>>>Similar test for MID Day .Half the Sum of Sunrise+sunset. >> > >>>> >> >

>>>>For this time, Suns, Long must be same as 10th cusp.>> > >>>> >> > >>>>For sunset : Deduct 3 m. 30 sec from stand sunset. The Sun >> should be almost exactly on the 7th Cusp>> > >>>> >> > >>>>I have based by prog on basis of Formuale given By Raphel>> > >>>> >> > >>>>I am open to correction, If my method is not correct>> > >>>> >> > >>>>good luck>> > >>>> >> > >>>>Try it then Judge.>> > >>>>>> > >>>>tw853 wrote:>> > >>>>>> > >>>>>> > >>>>Dear All,>> > >>>>>> > >>>>For your attention and review a comparison of different >> software

>> > >>>>results are given as follows:>> > >>>>>> > >>>>>> > >>>>Example 1: KPBC1, Male, 3 November 1911, Fr, 11:48 AM UT + >> 00.00, >> > >>>>Ipswich, England, 52N04, 001E10>> > >>>>>> > >>>>1(a). Comparison of Asc position by using the same New KPA >22D->> 32m->> > >>>>10s as given by Raichur Software posted in KP Group.>> > >>>>>> > >>>>SN D-M-S RL-SL-S Software>> > >>>>1. 253-25-31 Ju-Ve-Ve Raichurs>> > >>>>2. 253-08-59 Ju-Ke-Ke Solar Fire>> > >>>>3. 253-08-44 Ju-Ke-Ke Astro-Kundli>> > >>>>4. 253-08-44 Ju-Ke-Ke Astrodienst>> > >>>>5. 253-08-48 Ju-Ke-Ke Astraura>> >

>>>>6. 253-08-11 Ju-Ke-Ke Old One>> > >>>>7. 253-08-36 Ju-Ke-Ke JHL>> > >>>>8. 253-07-50 Ju-Ke-Ke Junior Jyotish>> > >>>>>> > >>>>Basic Data>> > >>>>>> > >>>>Sr Software Sid Time Asc D-M-S KPA>> > >>>>1.Raichur 14-39-10 253-25-31 22-32-10>> > >>>>2.Solar Fire 14-34-29? 153-09-21 22-31-48>> > >>>>3.Astro-Kundli 253-09-10 22-31-44>> > >>>>4.Astrodienst 14-39-09 275-40-45 22-37-32*>> > >>>>5.Astraura 14-39-09 253-09-35.48 22-31-23 >> > >>>>6.Old One 14-39-09 253-09-21 22-31>> > >>>>7.JHL 14-39-09 253-09-26.04 22-31-19.29>> > >>>>8.Jr Jyotish 253-03 22-37* >> > >>>>>> > >>>>* Lahiri

Ayanamsa>> > >>>>>> > >>>>Differences from New KPA: 1) 0 (base), 2) –22s, 3) –26s, 4) >> +5m.22s, >> > >>>>5) –47s, 6) –1.10, 7) –50.31s, 8) +4m.50s >> > >>>>>> > >>>>Explanations:>> > >>>>1. Pl note 253-22-49 (Ju-Ve-Ve) in posting of KP Group Msg # >> 1410 due >> > >>>>to Lat 52N06 other than 52N04.>> > >>>>2. Western Tropical, very close to Goravani Jyotish & >Parashara >> > >>>>Light, as per kind favor of Ron Ganut in KP Group Msg # 1420>> > >>>>3. KP & Vedic, >> > >>>>4. Western tropical, also available sideral with Lahiri >> Ayanamsa >> > >>>>5. KP & Vedic, >> > >>>>6. based on KPA from KSK's tables &

UTOH>> > >>>>7. Jagannatha Hora Lite (Pandit Sanjay Rath's Study Group)>> > >>>>8. Prof V. K. Choudhry'a SA Study Group (Vedic for 1700-2300 >> only)>> > >>>>>> > >>>>>> > >>>>ATTENTION:>> > >>>>>> > >>>>1. SN 1 Software gives around 17d higher Asc with different >> Star >> > >>>>Lord & Sub Lord. (For other cusps more or less the same, ie >> same SL & >> > >>>>SL)>> > >>>>>> > >>>>2. For other softwares no difference in deg-min, SL & S, >except >> > >>>>around 30sec lower in SN 6 Software.>> > >>>>>> > >>>>3. House system is not the problem, because Asc is the same >> >

>>>>whether Placidus, Koch or Equal is used. Something is wrong >> somewhere.>> > >>>>>> > >>>>>> > >>>>1 (b). Comparison of Moon position by using the same New KPA >22->> 32-10>> > >>>>>> > >>>>Sr Deg-Min-Sec Software>> > >>>>1. 336-20-09 Raichurs>> > >>>>2. 336-20-34 Solar Fire>> > >>>>3. 336-20-21 Astro-Kundli>> > >>>>4. 336-20-12 Astrodienst>> > >>>>5 336-20-12 Astraura>> > >>>>6 336-21-20 Old One>> > >>>>7 336-20-14 JHL>> > >>>>8 336-19-50 Junior Jyotish>> > >>>>>> > >>>>Not much difference except in SN 6 & 8. (For other planets >more >> or

>> > >>>>less the same)>> > >>>>>> > >>>>Example 2. Leonardo da Vinci, 23 April 1452, 9-40 PM LMT, UT->> 0.44, >> > >>>>Vinci, Italy, 43N47, 10E55>> > >>>>>> > >>>>For comparison the same KPA 16d-07m-15s is used.>> > >>>>>> > >>>>SN Asc D-M-S Moon D-M-S Software>> > >>>>1. 227-30-40 078-01-54 Raichur>> > >>>>2. 230-27-45 316-53-45 AstroDatabank>> > >>>>3. 230-31-23 316-53-51 Astrodienst>> > >>>>4. 230-30-53 078-04-18 Astraura>> > >>>>5. 238-26-01 092-20-55 Old One>> > >>>>6. 230-27-26 316-54-03 JHL>> > >>>>7. 230-32-27 316-54-10 Khaldea>> > >>>>>> >

>>>>ATTENTION: SN 1, 4 & 5 sofware have gone out of line. Solar >> Fire >> > >>>>will be very useful.>> > >>>>>> > >>>>Basic Data>> > >>>>>> > >>>>SN Software Sid Time KPA >> > >>>>1. Raichur 11-31-41 16-07-46 >> > >>>>2. Astrodienst 11-47-47 16-12-57* >> > >>>>3. Astraura 11-47-44 16-07-19 >> > >>>>4. Old One 12-27-04 16-09-00 >> > >>>>5. JHL 11-47-27 16-07-14.65 >> > >>>>>> > >>>>* Lahiri Ayanamsa>> > >>>>>> > >>>>Good Luck!>> > >>>>>> > >>>>tw>> > >>>>>> > >>>>>> > >>>>--- In

, Yogesh Rao Lajmi >> > >>>>wrote:>> > >>>>> Dear Members,>> > >>>>> I have with me Mr.K.Subramaniam's K.P.>> > >>>>> Software,but after I bought and began using the>> > >>>>> Software developed by Shri A.R.Raichur(upto subsub>> > >>>>> levels),I have found it most useful and>> > >>>>> simple-to-use,and Shri Raichur also provides a>> > >>>>> specially developed on K.P. Dasavidha Poruthams>> > >>>>> principles,a software for horoscope matching...which>> > >>>>> in my humble opinion is prhaps the best Software for>> > >>>>> K.P., developed so far...>> > >>>>> I therefore would strongly recommend>> > >>>>>

Shri Raichur's Software...for K.P. followers...his>> > >>>>> e-mai ID has appeared in these columns already...>> > >>>>> With best wishes,I am,>> > >>>>> Yours sincerely,>> > >>>>> lyrastro1>> > >>>>> GOOD LUCK !>> > >>>>> >> > >>>>> >> > >>>>> Vaidun ji,>> > >>>>> >> > >>>>> Have a look at "Varahamihira for Windows" and "Mobile>> > >>>>> Kundli for>> > >>>>> PalmOS" by the company running this group. Both are>> > >>>>> designed KP>> > >>>>> astrologers in mind. The details are available at>> > >>>>> http://www.astrocamp.com.>> > >>>>> >> > >>>>> Regards,>> > >>>>> >> > >>>>> Punit Pandey>> > >>>>> >> > >>>>> >> > >>>>> >> > >>>>> On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 21:40:15 +1000, Vaidun Vidyadhar>> > >>>>> wrote:>> > >>>>> > Dear List Members,>> > >>>>> > >> > >>>>> > I am new to this list though I was introduced to KP>> > >>>>> in 1988 when I was>> > >>>>> > living in Madras. My introduction to vedic>> > >>>>> astrology was with KP. I had>> > >>>>> > bought all the books of Shri Krishnamurthi then

and>> > >>>>> was very impressed with>> > >>>>> > his astrological skills. There are few who can>> > >>>>> match the phenomenal>> > >>>>> > accuracy of his predictions. Those days, I had to>> > >>>>> MANUALLY cast each chart,>> > >>>>> > be it natal or horary, with the help of tables and>> > >>>>> the ephemeris. It used>> > >>>>> > to take 2 hours of manual calculations to be able to>> > >>>>> finally arrive at the>> > >>>>> > table of significators. Now, with computers, the>> > >>>>> same job can be done in>> > >>>>> > seconds. Amazing. >> > >>>>> > >> > >>>>> > I have

Goravani Jyotish which has some element of KP>> > >>>>> in it but maybe not>> > >>>>> > enough. I am thinking of buying some other>> > >>>>> astrology program which>> > >>>>> > incorporates the elements of KP more fully. Can I>> > >>>>> request members to kindly>> > >>>>> > advise me as to which would be the best program for>> > >>>>> this. I will be much>> > >>>>> > obliged.>> > >>>>> > >> > >>>>> > I have always had an enduring interest in KP but was>> > >>>>> unable to find a>> > >>>>> > website or list which was fully devoted to KP, until>> > >>>>> now. I hope to be able>> >

>>>>> > to learn a lot from you all and hone my KP skills. >> > >>>>> > >> > >>>>> > Thanks for your time. With best regards.>> > >>>>> > >> > >>>>> > Vaidun Vidyadhar>> > >>>>> > 1 / 94 Marius Street>> > >>>>> > Tamworth, NSW 2340>> > >>>>> > Australia>> > >>>>> > Tel: 61-2-67 668428 (home)>> > >>>>> > Mobile: 0414 870 083>> > >>>>> > Email: vvidya@o...>> > >>>>> > >> > >>>>> > >> > >>>>> > >> > >>>>> > >> > >>>>> > >> > >>>>> > >> > >>>>> >

RPs are a tool in prediction, and not the only tool. We should use it as such, and not as the sole method of prediction.

Punit Pandey <punitp wrote:

Vaidun ji,I guess there will be may failure stories of RP based events. I havenever found RP alone as reliable method of predictions. Sometimesthose are amazing and sometimes there is no clue.What other members say in this matter?Regards,Punit PandeyOn Thu, 11 Nov 2004 22:09:12 +1100, Vaidun Vidyadharwrote:> > Dear Mr Rao,> > Reference your email below, I once tried an experiment. This was in 1987> when I was the Air Force Base Commander at Trivandrum. As the Base> Commander, one of my duties was to receive the Air Officer Commanding In> Chief (an Air Marshall) whenever he left of returned to Trivandrum. So one> day before his scheduled arrival I checked the RPs to see whether he would> arrive at the scheduled time. I found that the RPs did

not support the> planned arrival time and the arrival time would be some 30 minutes later. > Sure enough, the next day when I went to receive him, the arrival of the> aircraft was delayed due to some reason and the door of the aircraft opened> at the time indicated by the RPs, ON THE DOT. I was amazed at the accuracy> of KP. > > With regards.> > Vaidun Vidyadhar > 1 / 94 Marius Street > Tamworth, NSW 2340 > Australia > Tel: 61-2-67 668428 (home) > Mobile: 0414 870 083 > Email: vvidya > > > > > ________________________________> Yogesh Rao Lajmi [lyrastro1] > Thursday, 11 November 2004 8:30 PM> > > > Re: Re: Which is the best software program for KP -> KPBC1 & A TEST-> > >

> > > Dear Ron,> I have been reading with interest the discussion on> Ayanamsa...but I keep wondering why a simple method of verifying the> Ayanamsa used is not experimented with by you Ron...> Use RPs for timing events like "at what time,exactly, will> expected friend arrive ?" etc....which I am sure will help you get the time> to the nearest second and verify it by actual observation...!> You could carry out such experiments many times,as you have> your computer,and try out different ayanamsas...and compare the> results...such experiments can be done with arrival of> trains,planes,interstate busses etc...> I am not a mathematical genius like uall,hence I am suggesting> a simple calculation...> With best wishes,> Yours sincerely,> L.Y.Rao.> GOOD LUCK !> > rongaunt wrote:> On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 04:13:23

+0000, you wrote:> > tw,> > Please see ** ............. **> > Ron Gaunt> > > >> >> >Dear Ron Gaunt,> >> >Could you check Sid Time 14:34:29 in relation to Asc 13Sag09:21.> >> >Asc 13Sag09:21> >Moon 6Pis20:34> >ST 0* 14:34:29> > ** ST at 0*= 14:34:29 = LST 14:39:09 **> > >> >Ayanamsa at date of birth 7Pi28:12 ie 22:31:48> >> >Typing error in reverse? in Asc 13Sag08:54 for geographic and > >13Sag24:01 for geocentric> > ** No typing error. What is a little confusing is that the> "co-ordinate system" is shown as "geocentric" even when one> applies the option for "geocentric latitude". What appears> to happen in most programs is that it is taken as given that the> angles are "geographic" whilst the planetary data is>

"geocentric". (I have assumed this as most other programs> seem not to give an option, but obviously display geographic> angles with geocentric planetary positions.) > > > > >> >Thanks and best regards,> >> >tw > >> >> > , "tw853" wrote:> >> > >> Dear Ron Gaunt,> >> > >> Asc for KPBC1 253-08-44, New KPA 22-32-10 @ DOB is Geocentric.> >> > >> It's very strange that Solar Fire is giving 13Sag24:01 for > >geocentric.> >> > >> > >> >By the way using ayanamsa 22:22:30 circa 1900, Solar Fire shows> >> > Asc 13Sag08:54 for geographic and 13Sag24:01 for geocentric. > >> > >> It's very strange that Solar Fire is giving 13Sag24:01 for > >geocentric.> >>

> >> Best regards,> >> > >> tw> >> > >> > >> , rongaunt wrote:> >> > > >> > Anant,> >> > > >> > I decided to do a bit of further investigation, and have found> >> > that Solar Fire does in fact have an option for Geocentric> >> > calculation. I was of the opinion that the program did this> >> > automatically. But obviously I had it set up for geographic,> >> > and had never queried it, as nearly all other programs come up> >> > with the same or nearly the same Ascendant. > >> > > >> > Are you suggesting that the correct way is to always calculate> >> > angles using Geocentric? If so has any studies been done on> >> > this?> >> > >

>> > One thing that has always been at the back of my mind is that as> >> > we live on the surface of the earth this should be the datum> >> > point. Garth Allen an excellent astrologer of the Western> >> > Sidereal system did a lot of work on the parallax Moon and showed> >> > it to be more important in casting Lunar Returns. Likewise my> >> > main method of prognostication for some years has been the Solar> >> > Eclipse, and I have found parallax Moon angles to be extremely> >> > accurate compared to geocentric. Another point is that I have> >> > frequently seen transit Ascendant exact aspect to a critical> >> > planet at the time of an accident - using the geographic> >> > calculation. However, I would need to do some micro checking> >> > to see how geocentric compares.> >> >

> >> > By the way using ayanamsa 22:22:30 circa 1900, Solar Fire shows> >> > Asc 13Sag08:54 for geographic and 13Sag24:01 for geocentric. How> >> > does your program compare?> >> > > >> > > >> > Ron Gaunt> >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 17:49:53 +1000, I wrote:> >> > > >> > >> >> > >> >> > >Anant,> >> > >> >> > >Sorry, I possibly got a bit mixed up here. What Solar Fire has> >> > >is a function to calculate Parallax Moon (which is Geographic ie> >> > >relative to the position on the surface of the earth) as well as> >> > >the Geocentric position for the Moon. It doesn't actually> >> > >change the angles of the chart. As far as

I am aware Solar> >> > >Fire and all other programs show Geocentric positions for the> >> > >planets. This is why there is a different calculation for> >> > >parallax Moon.> >> > >> >> > >Ron Gaunt> >> > >> >> > >> >> > >On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 22:49:44 -0800, you wrote:> >> > >> >> > >>Dear Rongaunt> >> > >> > >> > >>What exactly does the option mean ? Does it allow you to enter > >> Geoceentric> >> > >>Lat. instead of Geographic. ? Try both alternatives entering > >the > >> same value and then this will be clear.> >> > >> > >> > >>I have presumed that users do not know the Geocentric Lat, but > >> only the Geograpgic, and enter this

figure. In the programme I > >change > >> this geographic Lat to Geocenrtc Lat for further calculations.> >> > >> > >> > >>Good Luck]> >> > >>> >> > >>> >> > >>rongaunt wrote:> >> > >>> >> > >>> >> > >>Anant,> >> > >>> >> > >>Thanks for the information. From this I gather that your method> >> > >>of calculating the Asc position is correct. But, the calculation> >> > >>by Solar Fire is obviously also correct - because of the > >accuracy> >> > >>shown in the example. But there is still a difference between> >> > >>the two calculated ascendants. I wonder why? By the way> >> > >>Solar Fire offers options of

geographic and geocentric. I used> >> > >>geocentric in my example.> >> > >>> >> > >>Ron Gaunt> >> > >>> >> > >>> >> > >>On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 21:24:32 -0800, you wrote:> >> > >>> >> > >>>Dear Rongaunt> >> > >>> > >> > >>>The checking of the ASC with Sunrise, Center of Sun,s Disk, is > >> to verify wether the > >> > >>>calculations used for ASC are correct or not. The Ayanmsa has > >> part in this comparison, as in any calculation, the SAYANA position > >> of SUN, and The Sayana ASC are calculated, and then the Nirayan > >> Positions are found by deducting the Ayanamsa from them.> >> > >>> > >> > >>>Your statement that the Sun's

Longitude at Sunrise, and the > >Asc > >> at that time, do not differ by more than 2 min, means that the > >> calculations of Asc are acceptable. The Asc moves roughly 15 > >minutes > >> for every minute of time. The Time of Sun Rise, from upper limb to > >> center varies from 3 to 4 minutes. 30 seconds of diff will mean 30 > >X > >> 15 = 7.5 minutes in the ASC.> >> > >>> > >> > >>>The other equally sensitive point is the Siderial Time, which > >> determines the ASC.> >> > >>> > >> > >>>I do not find any difference to give the 17 minutes diff in > >ASC.> >> > >>> > >> > >>>I am happy you are making a deep study of this. > >> > >>> > >> > >>>One VERY IMPORTANT THING IS We

have to use the GEO-CENTRIC > >> Latitude, in our calculations. My prog. converts the Geograprphic > >Lat > >> to Geogentric, before getting the ASC and other House Cusps> >> > >>>Good Luck> >> > >>> > >> > >>>> >> > >>>rongaunt wrote:> >> > >>>> >> > >>>> >> > >>>Anant,> >> > >>>> >> > >>>I have experimented with Solar Fire which gives sunrise, etc> >> > >>>positions. S.F. obviously shows the mid point of the Sun as the> >> > >>>Sun is within 2' of the Ascendant at sunrise on the day of our> >> > >>>Blind Chart example. However, calculating with your ayanamsa,> >> > >>>and the one I was working with shows no difference in

either > >Asc> >> > >>>or Sun positions. In fact changing the ayanamsa considerably -> >> > >>>whilst it changes the degrees and minutes of the Sun and Asc > >the> >> > >>>differential between and Asc and Sun remains the same ie 2'.> >> > >>>I cannot see how this can be used to prove the validity of the> >> > >>>Asc position.> >> > >>>> >> > >>>> >> > >>>Ron Gaunt> >> > >>>> >> > >>>> >> > >>>> >> > >>>On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 23:38:24 -0800, you wrote:> >> > >>>> >> > >>>>difference in ASC.> >> > >>>> > >> > >>>>There is a simple test. Find out the correct time of

SUN Rise > >> at a place. The usual Time is given for the Upper Limb to be at the > >> Horizon. Add 3mt, 30 sec. to this time. This gives the Time when > >> Sun's Centre is on the Horizon.> >> > >>>> > >> > >>>>Now cast the Horoscope for this time. The Sun's Longitude and > >> ASC should be very nearly the same..> >> > >>>> > >> > >>>>Similar test for MID Day .Half the Sum of Sunrise+sunset. > >> > >>>> > >> > >>>>For this time, Suns, Long must be same as 10th cusp.> >> > >>>> > >> > >>>>For sunset : Deduct 3 m. 30 sec from stand sunset. The Sun > >> should be almost exactly on the 7th Cusp> >> > >>>> > >> > >>>>I have based by prog on basis of

Formuale given By Raphel> >> > >>>> > >> > >>>>I am open to correction, If my method is not correct> >> > >>>> > >> > >>>>good luck> >> > >>>> > >> > >>>>Try it then Judge.> >> > >>>>> >> > >>>>tw853 wrote:> >> > >>>>> >> > >>>>> >> > >>>>Dear All,> >> > >>>>> >> > >>>>For your attention and review a comparison of different > >> software > >> > >>>>results are given as follows:> >> > >>>>> >> > >>>>> >> > >>>>Example 1: KPBC1, Male, 3 November 1911, Fr, 11:48 AM UT + > >> 00.00, >

>> > >>>>Ipswich, England, 52N04, 001E10> >> > >>>>> >> > >>>>1(a). Comparison of Asc position by using the same New KPA > >22D-> >> 32m-> >> > >>>>10s as given by Raichur Software posted in KP Group.> >> > >>>>> >> > >>>>SN D-M-S RL-SL-S Software> >> > >>>>1. 253-25-31 Ju-Ve-Ve Raichurs> >> > >>>>2. 253-08-59 Ju-Ke-Ke Solar Fire> >> > >>>>3. 253-08-44 Ju-Ke-Ke Astro-Kundli> >> > >>>>4. 253-08-44 Ju-Ke-Ke Astrodienst> >> > >>>>5. 253-08-48 Ju-Ke-Ke Astraura> >> > >>>>6. 253-08-11 Ju-Ke-Ke Old One> >> > >>>>7. 253-08-36 Ju-Ke-Ke JHL> >> > >>>>8. 253-07-50 Ju-Ke-Ke Junior

Jyotish> >> > >>>>> >> > >>>>Basic Data> >> > >>>>> >> > >>>>Sr Software Sid Time Asc D-M-S KPA> >> > >>>>1.Raichur 14-39-10 253-25-31 22-32-10> >> > >>>>2.Solar Fire 14-34-29? 153-09-21 22-31-48> >> > >>>>3.Astro-Kundli 253-09-10 22-31-44> >> > >>>>4.Astrodienst 14-39-09 275-40-45 22-37-32*> >> > >>>>5.Astraura 14-39-09 253-09-35.48 22-31-23 > >> > >>>>6.Old One 14-39-09 253-09-21 22-31> >> > >>>>7.JHL 14-39-09 253-09-26.04 22-31-19.29> >> > >>>>8.Jr Jyotish 253-03 22-37* > >> > >>>>> >> > >>>>* Lahiri Ayanamsa> >> > >>>>> >> >

>>>>Differences from New KPA: 1) 0 (base), 2) –22s, 3) –26s, 4) > >> +5m.22s, > >> > >>>>5) –47s, 6) –1.10, 7) –50.31s, 8) +4m.50s > >> > >>>>> >> > >>>>Explanations:> >> > >>>>1. Pl note 253-22-49 (Ju-Ve-Ve) in posting of KP Group Msg # > >> 1410 due > >> > >>>>to Lat 52N06 other than 52N04.> >> > >>>>2. Western Tropical, very close to Goravani Jyotish & > >Parashara > >> > >>>>Light, as per kind favor of Ron Ganut in KP Group Msg # 1420> >> > >>>>3. KP & Vedic, > >> > >>>>4. Western tropical, also available sideral with Lahiri > >> Ayanamsa > >> > >>>>5. KP & Vedic, > >> > >>>>6. based on KPA from

KSK's tables & UTOH> >> > >>>>7. Jagannatha Hora Lite (Pandit Sanjay Rath's Study Group)> >> > >>>>8. Prof V. K. Choudhry'a SA Study Group (Vedic for 1700-2300 > >> only)> >> > >>>>> >> > >>>>> >> > >>>>ATTENTION:> >> > >>>>> >> > >>>>1. SN 1 Software gives around 17d higher Asc with different > >> Star > >> > >>>>Lord & Sub Lord. (For other cusps more or less the same, ie > >> same SL & > >> > >>>>SL)> >> > >>>>> >> > >>>>2. For other softwares no difference in deg-min, SL & S, > >except > >> > >>>>around 30sec lower in SN 6 Software.> >> > >>>>>

>> > >>>>3. House system is not the problem, because Asc is the same > >> > >>>>whether Placidus, Koch or Equal is used. Something is wrong > >> somewhere.> >> > >>>>> >> > >>>>> >> > >>>>1 (b). Comparison of Moon position by using the same New KPA > >22-> >> 32-10> >> > >>>>> >> > >>>>Sr Deg-Min-Sec Software> >> > >>>>1. 336-20-09 Raichurs> >> > >>>>2. 336-20-34 Solar Fire> >> > >>>>3. 336-20-21 Astro-Kundli> >> > >>>>4. 336-20-12 Astrodienst> >> > >>>>5 336-20-12 Astraura> >> > >>>>6 336-21-20 Old One> >> > >>>>7 336-20-14 JHL> >> > >>>>8

336-19-50 Junior Jyotish> >> > >>>>> >> > >>>>Not much difference except in SN 6 & 8. (For other planets > >more > >> or > >> > >>>>less the same)> >> > >>>>> >> > >>>>Example 2. Leonardo da Vinci, 23 April 1452, 9-40 PM LMT, UT-> >> 0.44, > >> > >>>>Vinci, Italy, 43N47, 10E55> >> > >>>>> >> > >>>>For comparison the same KPA 16d-07m-15s is used.> >> > >>>>> >> > >>>>SN Asc D-M-S Moon D-M-S Software> >> > >>>>1. 227-30-40 078-01-54 Raichur> >> > >>>>2. 230-27-45 316-53-45 AstroDatabank> >> > >>>>3. 230-31-23 316-53-51 Astrodienst> >> > >>>>4. 230-30-53

078-04-18 Astraura> >> > >>>>5. 238-26-01 092-20-55 Old One> >> > >>>>6. 230-27-26 316-54-03 JHL> >> > >>>>7. 230-32-27 316-54-10 Khaldea> >> > >>>>> >> > >>>>ATTENTION: SN 1, 4 & 5 sofware have gone out of line. Solar > >> Fire > >> > >>>>will be very useful.> >> > >>>>> >> > >>>>Basic Data> >> > >>>>> >> > >>>>SN Software Sid Time KPA > >> > >>>>1. Raichur 11-31-41 16-07-46 > >> > >>>>2. Astrodienst 11-47-47 16-12-57* > >> > >>>>3. Astraura 11-47-44 16-07-19 > >> > >>>>4. Old One 12-27-04 16-09-00 > >> > >>>>5. JHL 11-47-27 16-07-14.65 >

>> > >>>>> >> > >>>>* Lahiri Ayanamsa> >> > >>>>> >> > >>>>Good Luck!> >> > >>>>> >> > >>>>tw> >> > >>>>> >> > >>>>> >> > >>>> , Yogesh Rao Lajmi > >> > >>>>wrote:> >> > >>>>> Dear Members,> >> > >>>>> I have with me Mr.K.Subramaniam's K.P.> >> > >>>>> Software,but after I bought and began using the> >> > >>>>> Software developed by Shri A.R.Raichur(upto subsub> >> > >>>>> levels),I have found it most useful and> >> > >>>>> simple-to-use,and Shri Raichur also provides a> >> >

>>>>> specially developed on K.P. Dasavidha Poruthams> >> > >>>>> principles,a software for horoscope matching...which> >> > >>>>> in my humble opinion is prhaps the best Software for> >> > >>>>> K.P., developed so far...> >> > >>>>> I therefore would strongly recommend> >> > >>>>> Shri Raichur's Software...for K.P. followers...his> >> > >>>>> e-mai ID has appeared in these columns already...> >> > >>>>> With best wishes,I am,> >> > >>>>> Yours sincerely,> >> > >>>>> lyrastro1> >> > >>>>> GOOD LUCK !> >> > >>>>> > >> > >>>>> > >> > >>>>>

Vaidun ji,> >> > >>>>> > >> > >>>>> Have a look at "Varahamihira for Windows" and "Mobile> >> > >>>>> Kundli for> >> > >>>>> PalmOS" by the company running this group. Both are> >> > >>>>> designed KP> >> > >>>>> astrologers in mind. The details are available at> >> > >>>>> http://www.astrocamp.com.> >> > >>>>> > >> > >>>>> Regards,> >> > >>>>> > >> > >>>>> Punit Pandey> >> > >>>>> > >> > >>>>> > >> > >>>>> > >> > >>>>> On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 21:40:15 +1000, Vaidun Vidyadhar> >> > >>>>>

wrote:> >> > >>>>> > Dear List Members,> >> > >>>>> > > >> > >>>>> > I am new to this list though I was introduced to KP> >> > >>>>> in 1988 when I was> >> > >>>>> > living in Madras. My introduction to vedic> >> > >>>>> astrology was with KP. I had> >> > >>>>> > bought all the books of Shri Krishnamurthi then and> >> > >>>>> was very impressed with> >> > >>>>> > his astrological skills. There are few who can> >> > >>>>> match the phenomenal> >> > >>>>> > accuracy of his predictions. Those days, I had to> >> > >>>>> MANUALLY cast each chart,> >> > >>>>> > be it

natal or horary, with the help of tables and> >> > >>>>> the ephemeris. It used> >> > >>>>> > to take 2 hours of manual calculations to be able to> >> > >>>>> finally arrive at the> >> > >>>>> > table of significators. Now, with computers, the> >> > >>>>> same job can be done in> >> > >>>>> > seconds. Amazing. > >> > >>>>> > > >> > >>>>> > I have Goravani Jyotish which has some element of KP> >> > >>>>> in it but maybe not> >> > >>>>> > enough. I am thinking of buying some other> >> > >>>>> astrology program which> >> > >>>>> > incorporates the elements of KP more fully. Can I> >>

> >>>>> request members to kindly> >> > >>>>> > advise me as to which would be the best program for> >> > >>>>> this. I will be much> >> > >>>>> > obliged.> >> > >>>>> > > >> > >>>>> > I have always had an enduring interest in KP but was> >> > >>>>> unable to find a> >> > >>>>> > website or list which was fully devoted to KP, until> >> > >>>>> now. I hope to be able> >> > >>>>> > to learn a lot from you all and hone my KP skills. > >> > >>>>> > > >> > >>>>> > Thanks for your time. With best regards.> >> > >>>>> > > >> > >>>>> > Vaidun

Vidyadhar> >> > >>>>> > 1 / 94 Marius Street> >> > >>>>> > Tamworth, NSW 2340> >> > >>>>> > Australia> >> > >>>>> > Tel: 61-2-67 668428 (home)> >> > >>>>> > Mobile: 0414 870 083> >> > >>>>> > Email: vvidya@o...> >> > >>>>> > > >> > >>>>> > > >> > >>>>> > > >> > >>>>> > > >> > >>>>> > > >> > >>>>> > > >> > >>>>> >

I do not know the Logic of using Geocentric Latitudes for Astrological Calculations of the ASC and other houses. I only know that is followed by all makers of TABLES OF HOUSES.

There is no need to do reasearch... WITH KP ASC SUB-LORD indicates your nature. Use geographic/geocentric. The ASC sub-lord tells you which gives a relable SUB_LORD.

good luckrongaunt <rongaunt wrote:

Anant,I decided to do a bit of further investigation, and have foundthat Solar Fire does in fact have an option for Geocentriccalculation. I was of the opinion that the program did thisautomatically. But obviously I had it set up for geographic,and had never queried it, as nearly all other programs come upwith the same or nearly the same Ascendant. Are you suggesting that the correct way is to always calculateangles using Geocentric? If so has any studies been done onthis?One thing that has always been at the back of my mind is that aswe live on the surface of the earth this should be the datumpoint. Garth Allen an excellent astrologer of the WesternSidereal system did a lot of work on the parallax Moon and showedit to be more important in casting Lunar Returns. Likewise mymain method of prognostication

for some years has been the SolarEclipse, and I have found parallax Moon angles to be extremelyaccurate compared to geocentric. Another point is that I havefrequently seen transit Ascendant exact aspect to a criticalplanet at the time of an accident - using the geographiccalculation. However, I would need to do some micro checkingto see how geocentric compares.By the way using ayanamsa 22:22:30 circa 1900, Solar Fire showsAsc 13Sag08:54 for geographic and 13Sag24:01 for geocentric. Howdoes your program compare?Ron GauntOn Wed, 10 Nov 2004 17:49:53 +1000, I wrote:>>>Anant,>>Sorry, I possibly got a bit mixed up here. What Solar Fire has>is a function to calculate Parallax Moon (which is Geographic ie>relative to the position on the surface of the earth) as well as>the Geocentric position for the Moon. It doesn't actually>change the angles of the chart.

As far as I am aware Solar>Fire and all other programs show Geocentric positions for the>planets. This is why there is a different calculation for>parallax Moon.>>Ron Gaunt>>>On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 22:49:44 -0800, you wrote:>>>Dear Rongaunt>> >>What exactly does the option mean ? Does it allow you to enter Geoceentric>>Lat. instead of Geographic. ? Try both alternatives entering the same value and then this will be clear.>> >>I have presumed that users do not know the Geocentric Lat, but only the Geograpgic, and enter this figure. In the programme I change this geographic Lat to Geocenrtc Lat for further calculations.>> >>Good Luck]>>>>>>rongaunt wrote:>>>>>>Anant,>>>>Thanks for the information. From this I gather that your

method>>of calculating the Asc position is correct. But, the calculation>>by Solar Fire is obviously also correct - because of the accuracy>>shown in the example. But there is still a difference between>>the two calculated ascendants. I wonder why? By the way>>Solar Fire offers options of geographic and geocentric. I used>>geocentric in my example.>>>>Ron Gaunt>>>>>>On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 21:24:32 -0800, you wrote:>>>>>Dear Rongaunt>>> >>>The checking of the ASC with Sunrise, Center of Sun,s Disk, is to verify wether the >>>calculations used for ASC are correct or not. The Ayanmsa has part in this comparison, as in any calculation, the SAYANA position of SUN, and The Sayana ASC are calculated, and then the Nirayan Positions are found by deducting the Ayanamsa from them.>>> >>>Your statement

that the Sun's Longitude at Sunrise, and the Asc at that time, do not differ by more than 2 min, means that the calculations of Asc are acceptable. The Asc moves roughly 15 minutes for every minute of time. The Time of Sun Rise, from upper limb to center varies from 3 to 4 minutes. 30 seconds of diff will mean 30 X 15 = 7.5 minutes in the ASC.>>> >>>The other equally sensitive point is the Siderial Time, which determines the ASC.>>> >>>I do not find any difference to give the 17 minutes diff in ASC.>>> >>>I am happy you are making a deep study of this. >>> >>>One VERY IMPORTANT THING IS We have to use the GEO-CENTRIC Latitude, in our calculations. My prog. converts the Geograprphic Lat to Geogentric, before getting the ASC and other House Cusps>>>Good Luck>>> >>>>>>rongaunt

wrote:>>>>>>>>>Anant,>>>>>>I have experimented with Solar Fire which gives sunrise, etc>>>positions. S.F. obviously shows the mid point of the Sun as the>>>Sun is within 2' of the Ascendant at sunrise on the day of our>>>Blind Chart example. However, calculating with your ayanamsa,>>>and the one I was working with shows no difference in either Asc>>>or Sun positions. In fact changing the ayanamsa considerably ->>>whilst it changes the degrees and minutes of the Sun and Asc the>>>differential between and Asc and Sun remains the same ie 2'.>>>I cannot see how this can be used to prove the validity of the>>>Asc position.>>>>>>>>>Ron Gaunt>>>>>>>>>>>>On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 23:38:24 -0800, you

wrote:>>>>>>>difference in ASC.>>>> >>>>There is a simple test. Find out the correct time of SUN Rise at a place. The usual Time is given for the Upper Limb to be at the Horizon. Add 3mt, 30 sec. to this time. This gives the Time when Sun's Centre is on the Horizon.>>>> >>>>Now cast the Horoscope for this time. The Sun's Longitude and ASC should be very nearly the same..>>>> >>>>Similar test for MID Day .Half the Sum of Sunrise+sunset. >>>> >>>>For this time, Suns, Long must be same as 10th cusp.>>>> >>>>For sunset : Deduct 3 m. 30 sec from stand sunset. The Sun should be almost exactly on the 7th Cusp>>>> >>>>I have based by prog on basis of Formuale given By Raphel>>>> >>>>I am open to correction, If my method is not

correct>>>> >>>>good luck>>>> >>>>Try it then Judge.>>>>>>>>tw853 wrote:>>>>>>>>>>>>Dear All,>>>>>>>>For your attention and review a comparison of different software >>>>results are given as follows:>>>>>>>>>>>>Example 1: KPBC1, Male, 3 November 1911, Fr, 11:48 AM UT + 00.00, >>>>Ipswich, England, 52N04, 001E10>>>>>>>>1(a). Comparison of Asc position by using the same New KPA 22D-32m->>>>10s as given by Raichur Software posted in KP Group.>>>>>>>>SN D-M-S RL-SL-S Software>>>>1. 253-25-31 Ju-Ve-Ve Raichurs>>>>2. 253-08-59 Ju-Ke-Ke Solar Fire>>>>3. 253-08-44 Ju-Ke-Ke Astro-Kundli>>>>4.

253-08-44 Ju-Ke-Ke Astrodienst>>>>5. 253-08-48 Ju-Ke-Ke Astraura>>>>6. 253-08-11 Ju-Ke-Ke Old One>>>>7. 253-08-36 Ju-Ke-Ke JHL>>>>8. 253-07-50 Ju-Ke-Ke Junior Jyotish>>>>>>>>Basic Data>>>>>>>>Sr Software Sid Time Asc D-M-S KPA>>>>1.Raichur 14-39-10 253-25-31 22-32-10>>>>2.Solar Fire 14-34-29? 153-09-21 22-31-48>>>>3.Astro-Kundli 253-09-10 22-31-44>>>>4.Astrodienst 14-39-09 275-40-45 22-37-32*>>>>5.Astraura 14-39-09 253-09-35.48 22-31-23 >>>>6.Old One 14-39-09 253-09-21 22-31>>>>7.JHL 14-39-09 253-09-26.04 22-31-19.29>>>>8.Jr Jyotish 253-03 22-37* >>>>>>>>* Lahiri Ayanamsa>>>>>>>>Differences from New KPA: 1) 0 (base), 2) –22s, 3) –26s, 4) +5m.22s, >>>>5)

–47s, 6) –1.10, 7) –50.31s, 8) +4m.50s >>>>>>>>Explanations:>>>>1. Pl note 253-22-49 (Ju-Ve-Ve) in posting of KP Group Msg # 1410 due >>>>to Lat 52N06 other than 52N04.>>>>2. Western Tropical, very close to Goravani Jyotish & Parashara >>>>Light, as per kind favor of Ron Ganut in KP Group Msg # 1420>>>>3. KP & Vedic, >>>>4. Western tropical, also available sideral with Lahiri Ayanamsa >>>>5. KP & Vedic, >>>>6. based on KPA from KSK's tables & UTOH>>>>7. Jagannatha Hora Lite (Pandit Sanjay Rath's Study Group)>>>>8. Prof V. K. Choudhry'a SA Study Group (Vedic for 1700-2300 only)>>>>>>>>>>>>ATTENTION:>>>>>>>>1. SN 1 Software gives around 17d higher Asc with different Star >>>>Lord &

Sub Lord. (For other cusps more or less the same, ie same SL & >>>>SL)>>>>>>>>2. For other softwares no difference in deg-min, SL & S, except >>>>around 30sec lower in SN 6 Software.>>>>>>>>3. House system is not the problem, because Asc is the same >>>>whether Placidus, Koch or Equal is used. Something is wrong somewhere.>>>>>>>>>>>>1 (b). Comparison of Moon position by using the same New KPA 22-32-10>>>>>>>>Sr Deg-Min-Sec Software>>>>1. 336-20-09 Raichurs>>>>2. 336-20-34 Solar Fire>>>>3. 336-20-21 Astro-Kundli>>>>4. 336-20-12 Astrodienst>>>>5 336-20-12 Astraura>>>>6 336-21-20 Old One>>>>7 336-20-14 JHL>>>>8 336-19-50 Junior

Jyotish>>>>>>>>Not much difference except in SN 6 & 8. (For other planets more or >>>>less the same)>>>>>>>>Example 2. Leonardo da Vinci, 23 April 1452, 9-40 PM LMT, UT-0.44, >>>>Vinci, Italy, 43N47, 10E55>>>>>>>>For comparison the same KPA 16d-07m-15s is used.>>>>>>>>SN Asc D-M-S Moon D-M-S Software>>>>1. 227-30-40 078-01-54 Raichur>>>>2. 230-27-45 316-53-45 AstroDatabank>>>>3. 230-31-23 316-53-51 Astrodienst>>>>4. 230-30-53 078-04-18 Astraura>>>>5. 238-26-01 092-20-55 Old One>>>>6. 230-27-26 316-54-03 JHL>>>>7. 230-32-27 316-54-10 Khaldea>>>>>>>>ATTENTION: SN 1, 4 & 5 sofware have gone out of line. Solar Fire >>>>will be very

useful.>>>>>>>>Basic Data>>>>>>>>SN Software Sid Time KPA >>>>1. Raichur 11-31-41 16-07-46 >>>>2. Astrodienst 11-47-47 16-12-57* >>>>3. Astraura 11-47-44 16-07-19 >>>>4. Old One 12-27-04 16-09-00 >>>>5. JHL 11-47-27 16-07-14.65 >>>>>>>>* Lahiri Ayanamsa>>>>>>>>Good Luck!>>>>>>>>tw>>>>>>>>>>>> , Yogesh Rao Lajmi >>>>wrote:>>>>> Dear Members,>>>>> I have with me Mr.K.Subramaniam's K.P.>>>>> Software,but after I bought and began using the>>>>> Software developed by Shri A.R.Raichur(upto subsub>>>>> levels),I have found it most useful and>>>>>

simple-to-use,and Shri Raichur also provides a>>>>> specially developed on K.P. Dasavidha Poruthams>>>>> principles,a software for horoscope matching...which>>>>> in my humble opinion is prhaps the best Software for>>>>> K.P., developed so far...>>>>> I therefore would strongly recommend>>>>> Shri Raichur's Software...for K.P. followers...his>>>>> e-mai ID has appeared in these columns already...>>>>> With best wishes,I am,>>>>> Yours sincerely,>>>>> lyrastro1>>>>> GOOD LUCK !>>>>> >>>>> >>>>> Vaidun ji,>>>>> >>>>> Have a look at "Varahamihira for Windows" and "Mobile>>>>> Kundli for>>>>> PalmOS" by the company

running this group. Both are>>>>> designed KP>>>>> astrologers in mind. The details are available at>>>>> http://www.astrocamp.com.>>>>> >>>>> Regards,>>>>> >>>>> Punit Pandey>>>>> >>>>> >>>>> >>>>> On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 21:40:15 +1000, Vaidun Vidyadhar>>>>> wrote:>>>>> > Dear List Members,>>>>> > >>>>> > I am new to this list though I was introduced to KP>>>>> in 1988 when I was>>>>> > living in Madras. My introduction to vedic>>>>> astrology was with KP. I had>>>>> > bought all the books of Shri Krishnamurthi then and>>>>> was very impressed with>>>>> > his astrological

skills. There are few who can>>>>> match the phenomenal>>>>> > accuracy of his predictions. Those days, I had to>>>>> MANUALLY cast each chart,>>>>> > be it natal or horary, with the help of tables and>>>>> the ephemeris. It used>>>>> > to take 2 hours of manual calculations to be able to>>>>> finally arrive at the>>>>> > table of significators. Now, with computers, the>>>>> same job can be done in>>>>> > seconds. Amazing. >>>>> > >>>>> > I have Goravani Jyotish which has some element of KP>>>>> in it but maybe not>>>>> > enough. I am thinking of buying some other>>>>> astrology program which>>>>> > incorporates the elements of KP more fully. Can

I>>>>> request members to kindly>>>>> > advise me as to which would be the best program for>>>>> this. I will be much>>>>> > obliged.>>>>> > >>>>> > I have always had an enduring interest in KP but was>>>>> unable to find a>>>>> > website or list which was fully devoted to KP, until>>>>> now. I hope to be able>>>>> > to learn a lot from you all and hone my KP skills. >>>>> > >>>>> > Thanks for your time. With best regards.>>>>> > >>>>> > Vaidun Vidyadhar>>>>> > 1 / 94 Marius Street>>>>> > Tamworth, NSW 2340>>>>> > Australia>>>>> > Tel: 61-2-67 668428 (home)>>>>> > Mobile: 0414 870

083>>>>> > Email: vvidya@o...>>>>> > >>>>> > >>>>> > >>>>> > >>>>> > >>>>> > >>>>> >

Dear Rongaunt

IN kp, Horary one has to check the MOON (mind). This must fully connect to the question asked. Only if this satisfied, the KP ASTROLOGER goes ahead. Otherwise, the qusetion is taken up at another time.

My personal experience is KP HORARY with RPS, gives 99% correct result. It is best, if the querrent is present in Person, so minor points can be got confirmed.

rongaunt <rongaunt wrote:

Yogesh,Good question. The immediate answer is that whilst I havestudied many areas of astrology over 33 years I have never lookedat Horary. I hope to remedy this in the not too distantfuture.The implication in your question is that if you get good resultsfrom horary the ayanamsa, angles and planetary data must bevalid. I wonder if this is correct.We see many people using different ways ie. time of question,with a number 108, with number 249, even using the tropicalsystem. Many claim consistent results from these varied ways.We see Prof. K.K. getting acclaim for demonstrated results, yetit is now claimed that his ayanamsa is incorrect. What thissuggests is that it is really synchronicity that is at work here.ie. a person instinctively chooses a time, number, system whichaligns to his own sub conscious

inclinations. This might thenproduce the correct answer without necessarily having the rightchart details. Those who are successful with this methodpossibly have a very good sense of timing and intuition to match.Ron GauntOn Thu, 11 Nov 2004 09:29:53 +0000, you wrote:>Dear Ron,> I have been reading with interest the discussion on Ayanamsa...but I keep wondering why a simple method of verifying the Ayanamsa used is not experimented with by you Ron...> Use RPs for timing events like "at what time,exactly, will expected friend arrive ?" etc....which I am sure will help you get the time to the nearest second and verify it by actual observation...!> You could carry out such experiments many times,as you have your computer,and try out different ayanamsas...and compare the results...such experiments can be done with arrival of trains,planes,interstate busses etc...> I am not a mathematical genius like uall,hence

I am suggesting a simple calculation...> With best wishes,> Yours sincerely,> L.Y.Rao.> GOOD LUCK !>>rongaunt wrote:>On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 04:13:23 +0000, you wrote:>>tw,>>Please see ** ............. **>>Ron Gaunt>>>>>>>>Dear Ron Gaunt,>>>>Could you check Sid Time 14:34:29 in relation to Asc 13Sag09:21.>>>>Asc 13Sag09:21>>Moon 6Pis20:34>>ST 0* 14:34:29>>** ST at 0*= 14:34:29 = LST 14:39:09 **>>>>>Ayanamsa at date of birth 7Pi28:12 ie 22:31:48>>>>Typing error in reverse? in Asc 13Sag08:54 for geographic and >>13Sag24:01 for geocentric>>** No typing error. What is a little confusing is that the>"co-ordinate system" is shown as "geocentric" even when one>applies the option

for "geocentric latitude". What appears>to happen in most programs is that it is taken as given that the>angles are "geographic" whilst the planetary data is>"geocentric". (I have assumed this as most other programs>seem not to give an option, but obviously display geographic>angles with geocentric planetary positions.) >> >>>>>Thanks and best regards,>>>>tw >>>>>> , "tw853" wrote:>>> >>> Dear Ron Gaunt,>>> >>> Asc for KPBC1 253-08-44, New KPA 22-32-10 @ DOB is Geocentric.>>> >>> It's very strange that Solar Fire is giving 13Sag24:01 for >>geocentric.>>> >>> >>> >By the way using ayanamsa 22:22:30 circa 1900, Solar Fire shows>>> > Asc 13Sag08:54 for geographic and

13Sag24:01 for geocentric. >>> >>> It's very strange that Solar Fire is giving 13Sag24:01 for >>geocentric.>>> >>> Best regards,>>> >>> tw>>> >>> >>> , rongaunt wrote:>>> > >>> > Anant,>>> > >>> > I decided to do a bit of further investigation, and have found>>> > that Solar Fire does in fact have an option for Geocentric>>> > calculation. I was of the opinion that the program did this>>> > automatically. But obviously I had it set up for geographic,>>> > and had never queried it, as nearly all other programs come up>>> > with the same or nearly the same Ascendant. >>> > >>> > Are you suggesting that the correct way is to always

calculate>>> > angles using Geocentric? If so has any studies been done on>>> > this?>>> > >>> > One thing that has always been at the back of my mind is that as>>> > we live on the surface of the earth this should be the datum>>> > point. Garth Allen an excellent astrologer of the Western>>> > Sidereal system did a lot of work on the parallax Moon and showed>>> > it to be more important in casting Lunar Returns. Likewise my>>> > main method of prognostication for some years has been the Solar>>> > Eclipse, and I have found parallax Moon angles to be extremely>>> > accurate compared to geocentric. Another point is that I have>>> > frequently seen transit Ascendant exact aspect to a critical>>> > planet at the time of an accident - using the geographic>>> >

calculation. However, I would need to do some micro checking>>> > to see how geocentric compares.>>> > >>> > By the way using ayanamsa 22:22:30 circa 1900, Solar Fire shows>>> > Asc 13Sag08:54 for geographic and 13Sag24:01 for geocentric. How>>> > does your program compare?>>> > >>> > >>> > Ron Gaunt>>> > >>> > >>> > >>> > On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 17:49:53 +1000, I wrote:>>> > >>> > >>>> > >>>> > >Anant,>>> > >>>> > >Sorry, I possibly got a bit mixed up here. What Solar Fire has>>> > >is a function to calculate Parallax Moon (which is Geographic ie>>> > >relative to the position on the surface of the earth) as well as>>> > >the

Geocentric position for the Moon. It doesn't actually>>> > >change the angles of the chart. As far as I am aware Solar>>> > >Fire and all other programs show Geocentric positions for the>>> > >planets. This is why there is a different calculation for>>> > >parallax Moon.>>> > >>>> > >Ron Gaunt>>> > >>>> > >>>> > >On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 22:49:44 -0800, you wrote:>>> > >>>> > >>Dear Rongaunt>>> > >> >>> > >>What exactly does the option mean ? Does it allow you to enter >>> Geoceentric>>> > >>Lat. instead of Geographic. ? Try both alternatives entering >>the >>> same value and then this will be clear.>>> > >> >>> > >>I have presumed that

users do not know the Geocentric Lat, but >>> only the Geograpgic, and enter this figure. In the programme I >>change >>> this geographic Lat to Geocenrtc Lat for further calculations.>>> > >> >>> > >>Good Luck]>>> > >>>>> > >>>>> > >>rongaunt wrote:>>> > >>>>> > >>>>> > >>Anant,>>> > >>>>> > >>Thanks for the information. From this I gather that your method>>> > >>of calculating the Asc position is correct. But, the calculation>>> > >>by Solar Fire is obviously also correct - because of the >>accuracy>>> > >>shown in the example. But there is still a difference between>>> > >>the two calculated ascendants. I wonder why?

By the way>>> > >>Solar Fire offers options of geographic and geocentric. I used>>> > >>geocentric in my example.>>> > >>>>> > >>Ron Gaunt>>> > >>>>> > >>>>> > >>On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 21:24:32 -0800, you wrote:>>> > >>>>> > >>>Dear Rongaunt>>> > >>> >>> > >>>The checking of the ASC with Sunrise, Center of Sun,s Disk, is >>> to verify wether the >>> > >>>calculations used for ASC are correct or not. The Ayanmsa has >>> part in this comparison, as in any calculation, the SAYANA position >>> of SUN, and The Sayana ASC are calculated, and then the Nirayan >>> Positions are found by deducting the Ayanamsa from them.>>> > >>> >>>

> >>>Your statement that the Sun's Longitude at Sunrise, and the >>Asc >>> at that time, do not differ by more than 2 min, means that the >>> calculations of Asc are acceptable. The Asc moves roughly 15 >>minutes >>> for every minute of time. The Time of Sun Rise, from upper limb to >>> center varies from 3 to 4 minutes. 30 seconds of diff will mean 30 >>X >>> 15 = 7.5 minutes in the ASC.>>> > >>> >>> > >>>The other equally sensitive point is the Siderial Time, which >>> determines the ASC.>>> > >>> >>> > >>>I do not find any difference to give the 17 minutes diff in >>ASC.>>> > >>> >>> > >>>I am happy you are making a deep study of this. >>> > >>> >>> >

>>>One VERY IMPORTANT THING IS We have to use the GEO-CENTRIC >>> Latitude, in our calculations. My prog. converts the Geograprphic >>Lat >>> to Geogentric, before getting the ASC and other House Cusps>>> > >>>Good Luck>>> > >>> >>> > >>>>>> > >>>rongaunt wrote:>>> > >>>>>> > >>>>>> > >>>Anant,>>> > >>>>>> > >>>I have experimented with Solar Fire which gives sunrise, etc>>> > >>>positions. S.F. obviously shows the mid point of the Sun as the>>> > >>>Sun is within 2' of the Ascendant at sunrise on the day of our>>> > >>>Blind Chart example. However, calculating with your ayanamsa,>>> > >>>and the one I was working with

shows no difference in either >>Asc>>> > >>>or Sun positions. In fact changing the ayanamsa considerably ->>> > >>>whilst it changes the degrees and minutes of the Sun and Asc >>the>>> > >>>differential between and Asc and Sun remains the same ie 2'.>>> > >>>I cannot see how this can be used to prove the validity of the>>> > >>>Asc position.>>> > >>>>>> > >>>>>> > >>>Ron Gaunt>>> > >>>>>> > >>>>>> > >>>>>> > >>>On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 23:38:24 -0800, you wrote:>>> > >>>>>> > >>>>difference in ASC.>>> > >>>> >>> > >>>>There is a simple test. Find out the correct time

of SUN Rise >>> at a place. The usual Time is given for the Upper Limb to be at the >>> Horizon. Add 3mt, 30 sec. to this time. This gives the Time when >>> Sun's Centre is on the Horizon.>>> > >>>> >>> > >>>>Now cast the Horoscope for this time. The Sun's Longitude and >>> ASC should be very nearly the same..>>> > >>>> >>> > >>>>Similar test for MID Day .Half the Sum of Sunrise+sunset. >>> > >>>> >>> > >>>>For this time, Suns, Long must be same as 10th cusp.>>> > >>>> >>> > >>>>For sunset : Deduct 3 m. 30 sec from stand sunset. The Sun >>> should be almost exactly on the 7th Cusp>>> > >>>> >>> > >>>>I have based by prog on basis of Formuale

given By Raphel>>> > >>>> >>> > >>>>I am open to correction, If my method is not correct>>> > >>>> >>> > >>>>good luck>>> > >>>> >>> > >>>>Try it then Judge.>>> > >>>>>>> > >>>>tw853 wrote:>>> > >>>>>>> > >>>>>>> > >>>>Dear All,>>> > >>>>>>> > >>>>For your attention and review a comparison of different >>> software >>> > >>>>results are given as follows:>>> > >>>>>>> > >>>>>>> > >>>>Example 1: KPBC1, Male, 3 November 1911, Fr, 11:48 AM UT + >>> 00.00, >>> >

>>>>Ipswich, England, 52N04, 001E10>>> > >>>>>>> > >>>>1(a). Comparison of Asc position by using the same New KPA >>22D->>> 32m->>> > >>>>10s as given by Raichur Software posted in KP Group.>>> > >>>>>>> > >>>>SN D-M-S RL-SL-S Software>>> > >>>>1. 253-25-31 Ju-Ve-Ve Raichurs>>> > >>>>2. 253-08-59 Ju-Ke-Ke Solar Fire>>> > >>>>3. 253-08-44 Ju-Ke-Ke Astro-Kundli>>> > >>>>4. 253-08-44 Ju-Ke-Ke Astrodienst>>> > >>>>5. 253-08-48 Ju-Ke-Ke Astraura>>> > >>>>6. 253-08-11 Ju-Ke-Ke Old One>>> > >>>>7. 253-08-36 Ju-Ke-Ke JHL>>> > >>>>8. 253-07-50 Ju-Ke-Ke Junior Jyotish>>> >

>>>>>>> > >>>>Basic Data>>> > >>>>>>> > >>>>Sr Software Sid Time Asc D-M-S KPA>>> > >>>>1.Raichur 14-39-10 253-25-31 22-32-10>>> > >>>>2.Solar Fire 14-34-29? 153-09-21 22-31-48>>> > >>>>3.Astro-Kundli 253-09-10 22-31-44>>> > >>>>4.Astrodienst 14-39-09 275-40-45 22-37-32*>>> > >>>>5.Astraura 14-39-09 253-09-35.48 22-31-23 >>> > >>>>6.Old One 14-39-09 253-09-21 22-31>>> > >>>>7.JHL 14-39-09 253-09-26.04 22-31-19.29>>> > >>>>8.Jr Jyotish 253-03 22-37* >>> > >>>>>>> > >>>>* Lahiri Ayanamsa>>> > >>>>>>> > >>>>Differences from New KPA: 1) 0 (base), 2) –22s, 3)

–26s, 4) >>> +5m.22s, >>> > >>>>5) –47s, 6) –1.10, 7) –50.31s, 8) +4m.50s >>> > >>>>>>> > >>>>Explanations:>>> > >>>>1. Pl note 253-22-49 (Ju-Ve-Ve) in posting of KP Group Msg # >>> 1410 due >>> > >>>>to Lat 52N06 other than 52N04.>>> > >>>>2. Western Tropical, very close to Goravani Jyotish & >>Parashara >>> > >>>>Light, as per kind favor of Ron Ganut in KP Group Msg # 1420>>> > >>>>3. KP & Vedic, >>> > >>>>4. Western tropical, also available sideral with Lahiri >>> Ayanamsa >>> > >>>>5. KP & Vedic, >>> > >>>>6. based on KPA from KSK's tables & UTOH>>> > >>>>7. Jagannatha Hora Lite

(Pandit Sanjay Rath's Study Group)>>> > >>>>8. Prof V. K. Choudhry'a SA Study Group (Vedic for 1700-2300 >>> only)>>> > >>>>>>> > >>>>>>> > >>>>ATTENTION:>>> > >>>>>>> > >>>>1. SN 1 Software gives around 17d higher Asc with different >>> Star >>> > >>>>Lord & Sub Lord. (For other cusps more or less the same, ie >>> same SL & >>> > >>>>SL)>>> > >>>>>>> > >>>>2. For other softwares no difference in deg-min, SL & S, >>except >>> > >>>>around 30sec lower in SN 6 Software.>>> > >>>>>>> > >>>>3. House system is not the problem, because Asc is the same >>>

> >>>>whether Placidus, Koch or Equal is used. Something is wrong >>> somewhere.>>> > >>>>>>> > >>>>>>> > >>>>1 (b). Comparison of Moon position by using the same New KPA >>22->>> 32-10>>> > >>>>>>> > >>>>Sr Deg-Min-Sec Software>>> > >>>>1. 336-20-09 Raichurs>>> > >>>>2. 336-20-34 Solar Fire>>> > >>>>3. 336-20-21 Astro-Kundli>>> > >>>>4. 336-20-12 Astrodienst>>> > >>>>5 336-20-12 Astraura>>> > >>>>6 336-21-20 Old One>>> > >>>>7 336-20-14 JHL>>> > >>>>8 336-19-50 Junior Jyotish>>> > >>>>>>> > >>>>Not much difference

except in SN 6 & 8. (For other planets >>more >>> or >>> > >>>>less the same)>>> > >>>>>>> > >>>>Example 2. Leonardo da Vinci, 23 April 1452, 9-40 PM LMT, UT->>> 0.44, >>> > >>>>Vinci, Italy, 43N47, 10E55>>> > >>>>>>> > >>>>For comparison the same KPA 16d-07m-15s is used.>>> > >>>>>>> > >>>>SN Asc D-M-S Moon D-M-S Software>>> > >>>>1. 227-30-40 078-01-54 Raichur>>> > >>>>2. 230-27-45 316-53-45 AstroDatabank>>> > >>>>3. 230-31-23 316-53-51 Astrodienst>>> > >>>>4. 230-30-53 078-04-18 Astraura>>> > >>>>5. 238-26-01 092-20-55 Old One>>> > >>>>6. 230-27-26

316-54-03 JHL>>> > >>>>7. 230-32-27 316-54-10 Khaldea>>> > >>>>>>> > >>>>ATTENTION: SN 1, 4 & 5 sofware have gone out of line. Solar >>> Fire >>> > >>>>will be very useful.>>> > >>>>>>> > >>>>Basic Data>>> > >>>>>>> > >>>>SN Software Sid Time KPA >>> > >>>>1. Raichur 11-31-41 16-07-46 >>> > >>>>2. Astrodienst 11-47-47 16-12-57* >>> > >>>>3. Astraura 11-47-44 16-07-19 >>> > >>>>4. Old One 12-27-04 16-09-00 >>> > >>>>5. JHL 11-47-27 16-07-14.65 >>> > >>>>>>> > >>>>* Lahiri Ayanamsa>>> > >>>>>>> >

>>>>Good Luck!>>> > >>>>>>> > >>>>tw>>> > >>>>>>> > >>>>>>> > >>>> , Yogesh Rao Lajmi >>> > >>>>wrote:>>> > >>>>> Dear Members,>>> > >>>>> I have with me Mr.K.Subramaniam's K.P.>>> > >>>>> Software,but after I bought and began using the>>> > >>>>> Software developed by Shri A.R.Raichur(upto subsub>>> > >>>>> levels),I have found it most useful and>>> > >>>>> simple-to-use,and Shri Raichur also provides a>>> > >>>>> specially developed on K.P. Dasavidha Poruthams>>> > >>>>> principles,a software for horoscope

matching...which>>> > >>>>> in my humble opinion is prhaps the best Software for>>> > >>>>> K.P., developed so far...>>> > >>>>> I therefore would strongly recommend>>> > >>>>> Shri Raichur's Software...for K.P. followers...his>>> > >>>>> e-mai ID has appeared in these columns already...>>> > >>>>> With best wishes,I am,>>> > >>>>> Yours sincerely,>>> > >>>>> lyrastro1>>> > >>>>> GOOD LUCK !>>> > >>>>> >>> > >>>>> >>> > >>>>> Vaidun ji,>>> > >>>>> >>> > >>>>> Have a look at "Varahamihira for Windows" and

"Mobile>>> > >>>>> Kundli for>>> > >>>>> PalmOS" by the company running this group. Both are>>> > >>>>> designed KP>>> > >>>>> astrologers in mind. The details are available at>>> > >>>>> http://www.astrocamp.com.>>> > >>>>> >>> > >>>>> Regards,>>> > >>>>> >>> > >>>>> Punit Pandey>>> > >>>>> >>> > >>>>> >>> > >>>>> >>> > >>>>> On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 21:40:15 +1000, Vaidun Vidyadhar>>> > >>>>> wrote:>>> > >>>>> > Dear List Members,>>> > >>>>> > >>> > >>>>> > I

am new to this list though I was introduced to KP>>> > >>>>> in 1988 when I was>>> > >>>>> > living in Madras. My introduction to vedic>>> > >>>>> astrology was with KP. I had>>> > >>>>> > bought all the books of Shri Krishnamurthi then and>>> > >>>>> was very impressed with>>> > >>>>> > his astrological skills. There are few who can>>> > >>>>> match the phenomenal>>> > >>>>> > accuracy of his predictions. Those days, I had to>>> > >>>>> MANUALLY cast each chart,>>> > >>>>> > be it natal or horary, with the help of tables and>>> > >>>>> the ephemeris. It used>>> > >>>>> > to take 2 hours of manual

calculations to be able to>>> > >>>>> finally arrive at the>>> > >>>>> > table of significators. Now, with computers, the>>> > >>>>> same job can be done in>>> > >>>>> > seconds. Amazing. >>> > >>>>> > >>> > >>>>> > I have Goravani Jyotish which has some element of KP>>> > >>>>> in it but maybe not>>> > >>>>> > enough. I am thinking of buying some other>>> > >>>>> astrology program which>>> > >>>>> > incorporates the elements of KP more fully. Can I>>> > >>>>> request members to kindly>>> > >>>>> > advise me as to which would be the best program for>>> > >>>>> this.

I will be much>>> > >>>>> > obliged.>>> > >>>>> > >>> > >>>>> > I have always had an enduring interest in KP but was>>> > >>>>> unable to find a>>> > >>>>> > website or list which was fully devoted to KP, until>>> > >>>>> now. I hope to be able>>> > >>>>> > to learn a lot from you all and hone my KP skills. >>> > >>>>> > >>> > >>>>> > Thanks for your time. With best regards.>>> > >>>>> > >>> > >>>>> > Vaidun Vidyadhar>>> > >>>>> > 1 / 94 Marius Street>>> > >>>>> > Tamworth, NSW 2340>>> > >>>>> > Australia>>>

> >>>>> > Tel: 61-2-67 668428 (home)>>> > >>>>> > Mobile: 0414 870 083>>> > >>>>> > Email: vvidya@o...>>> > >>>>> > >>> > >>>>> > >>> > >>>>> > >>> > >>>>> > >>> > >>>>> > >>> > >>>>> > >>> > >>>>> >

Well, I am catching up the new KP AY,. But what I like to share is this. 25 years back or earlier, when I started learning KP astrology I had predicted when a friend would come, when the failed electrictiy will come , when the booked trunk call will come. All of them came out correctly. So that Ayanamsa must be good.

Yes you need a clinching test. Best is to look for incidents like hospitalisation, where 12th must operate and if one comes across conflicting evidence then one can follow through.

Seshadri

..com> wrote:

Dear Rongaunt

IN kp, Horary one has to check the MOON (mind). This must fully connect to the question asked. Only if this satisfied, the KP ASTROLOGER goes ahead. Otherwise, the qusetion is taken up at another time.

My personal experience is KP HORARY with RPS, gives 99% correct result. It is best, if the querrent is present in Person, so minor points can be got confirmed.

Yogesh,Good question. The immediate answer is that whilst I havestudied many areas of astrology over 33 years I have never lookedat Horary. I hope to remedy this in the not too distantfuture.The implication in your question is that if you get good resultsfrom horary the ayanamsa, angles and planetary data must bevalid. I wonder if this is correct.We see many people using different ways ie. time of question,with a number 108, with number 249, even using the tropicalsystem. Many claim consistent results from these varied ways.We see Prof. K.K. getting acclaim for demonstrated results, yetit is now claimed that his ayanamsa is incorrect. What thissuggests is that it is really synchronicity that is at work here.ie. a person instinctively chooses a time, number, system whichaligns to his own sub conscious

inclinations. This might thenproduce the correct answer without necessarily having the rightchart details. Those who are successful with this methodpossibly have a very good sense of timing and intuition to match.Ron GauntOn Thu, 11 Nov 2004 09:29:53 +0000, you wrote:>Dear Ron,> I have been reading with interest the discussion on Ayanamsa...but I keep wondering why a simple method of verifying the Ayanamsa used is not experimented with by you Ron...> Use RPs for timing events like "at what time,exactly, will expected friend arrive ?" etc....which I am sure will help you get the time to the nearest second and verify it by actual observation...!> You could carry out such experiments many times,as you have your computer,and try out different ayanamsas...and compare the results...such experiments can be done with arrival of trains,planes,interstate busses etc...> I am not a mathematical genius like uall,hence

I am suggesting a simple calculation...> With best wishes,> Yours sincerely,> L.Y.Rao.> GOOD LUCK !>>rongaunt wrote:>On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 04:13:23 +0000, you wrote:>>tw,>>Please see ** ............. **>>Ron Gaunt>>>>>>>>Dear Ron Gaunt,>>>>Could you check Sid Time 14:34:29 in relation to Asc 13Sag09:21.>>>>Asc 13Sag09:21>>Moon 6Pis20:34>>ST 0* 14:34:29>>** ST at 0*= 14:34:29 = LST 14:39:09 **>>>>>Ayanamsa at date of birth 7Pi28:12 ie 22:31:48>>>>Typing error in reverse? in Asc 13Sag08:54 for geographic and >>13Sag24:01 for geocentric>>** No typing error. What is a little confusing is that the>"co-ordinate system" is shown as "geocentric" even when one>applies the option

for "geocentric latitude". What appears>to happen in most programs is that it is taken as given that the>angles are "geographic" whilst the planetary data is>"geocentric". (I have assumed this as most other programs>seem not to give an option, but obviously display geographic>angles with geocentric planetary positions.) >> >>>>>Thanks and best regards,>>>>tw >>>>>> , "tw853" wrote:>>> >>> Dear Ron Gaunt,>>> >>> Asc for KPBC1 253-08-44, New KPA 22-32-10 @ DOB is Geocentric.>>> >>> It's very strange that Solar Fire is giving 13Sag24:01 for >>geocentric.>>> >>> >>> >By the way using ayanamsa 22:22:30 circa 1900, Solar Fire shows>>> > Asc 13Sag08:54 for geographic and

13Sag24:01 for geocentric. >>> >>> It's very strange that Solar Fire is giving 13Sag24:01 for >>geocentric.>>> >>> Best regards,>>> >>> tw>>> >>> >>> , rongaunt wrote:>>> > >>> > Anant,>>> > >>> > I decided to do a bit of further investigation, and have found>>> > that Solar Fire does in fact have an option for Geocentric>>> > calculation. I was of the opinion that the program did this>>> > automatically. But obviously I had it set up for geographic,>>> > and had never queried it, as nearly all other programs come up>>> > with the same or nearly the same Ascendant. >>> > >>> > Are you suggesting that the correct way is to always

calculate>>> > angles using Geocentric? If so has any studies been done on>>> > this?>>> > >>> > One thing that has always been at the back of my mind is that as>>> > we live on the surface of the earth this should be the datum>>> > point. Garth Allen an excellent astrologer of the Western>>> > Sidereal system did a lot of work on the parallax Moon and showed>>> > it to be more important in casting Lunar Returns. Likewise my>>> > main method of prognostication for some years has been the Solar>>> > Eclipse, and I have found parallax Moon angles to be extremely>>> > accurate compared to geocentric. Another point is that I have>>> > frequently seen transit Ascendant exact aspect to a critical>>> > planet at the time of an accident - using the geographic>>> >

calculation. However, I would need to do some micro checking>>> > to see how geocentric compares.>>> > >>> > By the way using ayanamsa 22:22:30 circa 1900, Solar Fire shows>>> > Asc 13Sag08:54 for geographic and 13Sag24:01 for geocentric. How>>> > does your program compare?>>> > >>> > >>> > Ron Gaunt>>> > >>> > >>> > >>> > On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 17:49:53 +1000, I wrote:>>> > >>> > >>>> > >>>> > >Anant,>>> > >>>> > >Sorry, I possibly got a bit mixed up here. What Solar Fire has>>> > >is a function to calculate Parallax Moon (which is Geographic ie>>> > >relative to the position on the surface of the earth) as well as>>> > >the

Geocentric position for the Moon. It doesn't actually>>> > >change the angles of the chart. As far as I am aware Solar>>> > >Fire and all other programs show Geocentric positions for the>>> > >planets. This is why there is a different calculation for>>> > >parallax Moon.>>> > >>>> > >Ron Gaunt>>> > >>>> > >>>> > >On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 22:49:44 -0800, you wrote:>>> > >>>> > >>Dear Rongaunt>>> > >> >>> > >>What exactly does the option mean ? Does it allow you to enter >>> Geoceentric>>> > >>Lat. instead of Geographic. ? Try both alternatives entering >>the >>> same value and then this will be clear.>>> > >> >>> > >>I have presumed that

users do not know the Geocentric Lat, but >>> only the Geograpgic, and enter this figure. In the programme I >>change >>> this geographic Lat to Geocenrtc Lat for further calculations.>>> > >> >>> > >>Good Luck]>>> > >>>>> > >>>>> > >>rongaunt wrote:>>> > >>>>> > >>>>> > >>Anant,>>> > >>>>> > >>Thanks for the information. From this I gather that your method>>> > >>of calculating the Asc position is correct. But, the calculation>>> > >>by Solar Fire is obviously also correct - because of the >>accuracy>>> > >>shown in the example. But there is still a difference between>>> > >>the two calculated ascendants. I wonder why?

By the way>>> > >>Solar Fire offers options of geographic and geocentric. I used>>> > >>geocentric in my example.>>> > >>>>> > >>Ron Gaunt>>> > >>>>> > >>>>> > >>On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 21:24:32 -0800, you wrote:>>> > >>>>> > >>>Dear Rongaunt>>> > >>> >>> > >>>The checking of the ASC with Sunrise, Center of Sun,s Disk, is >>> to verify wether the >>> > >>>calculations used for ASC are correct or not. The Ayanmsa has >>> part in this comparison, as in any calculation, the SAYANA position >>> of SUN, and The Sayana ASC are calculated, and then the Nirayan >>> Positions are found by deducting the Ayanamsa from them.>>> > >>> >>>

> >>>Your statement that the Sun's Longitude at Sunrise, and the >>Asc >>> at that time, do not differ by more than 2 min, means that the >>> calculations of Asc are acceptable. The Asc moves roughly 15 >>minutes >>> for every minute of time. The Time of Sun Rise, from upper limb to >>> center varies from 3 to 4 minutes. 30 seconds of diff will mean 30 >>X >>> 15 = 7.5 minutes in the ASC.>>> > >>> >>> > >>>The other equally sensitive point is the Siderial Time, which >>> determines the ASC.>>> > >>> >>> > >>>I do not find any difference to give the 17 minutes diff in >>ASC.>>> > >>> >>> > >>>I am happy you are making a deep study of this. >>> > >>> >>> >

>>>One VERY IMPORTANT THING IS We have to use the GEO-CENTRIC >>> Latitude, in our calculations. My prog. converts the Geograprphic >>Lat >>> to Geogentric, before getting the ASC and other House Cusps>>> > >>>Good Luck>>> > >>> >>> > >>>>>> > >>>rongaunt wrote:>>> > >>>>>> > >>>>>> > >>>Anant,>>> > >>>>>> > >>>I have experimented with Solar Fire which gives sunrise, etc>>> > >>>positions. S.F. obviously shows the mid point of the Sun as the>>> > >>>Sun is within 2' of the Ascendant at sunrise on the day of our>>> > >>>Blind Chart example. However, calculating with your ayanamsa,>>> > >>>and the one I was working with

shows no difference in either >>Asc>>> > >>>or Sun positions. In fact changing the ayanamsa considerably ->>> > >>>whilst it changes the degrees and minutes of the Sun and Asc >>the>>> > >>>differential between and Asc and Sun remains the same ie 2'.>>> > >>>I cannot see how this can be used to prove the validity of the>>> > >>>Asc position.>>> > >>>>>> > >>>>>> > >>>Ron Gaunt>>> > >>>>>> > >>>>>> > >>>>>> > >>>On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 23:38:24 -0800, you wrote:>>> > >>>>>> > >>>>difference in ASC.>>> > >>>> >>> > >>>>There is a simple test. Find out the correct time

of SUN Rise >>> at a place. The usual Time is given for the Upper Limb to be at the >>> Horizon. Add 3mt, 30 sec. to this time. This gives the Time when >>> Sun's Centre is on the Horizon.>>> > >>>> >>> > >>>>Now cast the Horoscope for this time. The Sun's Longitude and >>> ASC should be very nearly the same..>>> > >>>> >>> > >>>>Similar test for MID Day .Half the Sum of Sunrise+sunset. >>> > >>>> >>> > >>>>For this time, Suns, Long must be same as 10th cusp.>>> > >>>> >>> > >>>>For sunset : Deduct 3 m. 30 sec from stand sunset. The Sun >>> should be almost exactly on the 7th Cusp>>> > >>>> >>> > >>>>I have based by prog on basis of Formuale

given By Raphel>>> > >>>> >>> > >>>>I am open to correction, If my method is not correct>>> > >>>> >>> > >>>>good luck>>> > >>>> >>> > >>>>Try it then Judge.>>> > >>>>>>> > >>>>tw853 wrote:>>> > >>>>>>> > >>>>>>> > >>>>Dear All,>>> > >>>>>>> > >>>>For your attention and review a comparison of different >>> software >>> > >>>>results are given as follows:>>> > >>>>>>> > >>>>>>> > >>>>Example 1: KPBC1, Male, 3 November 1911, Fr, 11:48 AM UT + >>> 00.00, >>> >

>>>>Ipswich, England, 52N04, 001E10>>> > >>>>>>> > >>>>1(a). Comparison of Asc position by using the same New KPA >>22D->>> 32m->>> > >>>>10s as given by Raichur Software posted in KP Group.>>> > >>>>>>> > >>>>SN D-M-S RL-SL-S Software>>> > >>>>1. 253-25-31 Ju-Ve-Ve Raichurs>>> > >>>>2. 253-08-59 Ju-Ke-Ke Solar Fire>>> > >>>>3. 253-08-44 Ju-Ke-Ke Astro-Kundli>>> > >>>>4. 253-08-44 Ju-Ke-Ke Astrodienst>>> > >>>>5. 253-08-48 Ju-Ke-Ke Astraura>>> > >>>>6. 253-08-11 Ju-Ke-Ke Old One>>> > >>>>7. 253-08-36 Ju-Ke-Ke JHL>>> > >>>>8. 253-07-50 Ju-Ke-Ke Junior Jyotish>>> >

>>>>>>> > >>>>Basic Data>>> > >>>>>>> > >>>>Sr Software Sid Time Asc D-M-S KPA>>> > >>>>1.Raichur 14-39-10 253-25-31 22-32-10>>> > >>>>2.Solar Fire 14-34-29? 153-09-21 22-31-48>>> > >>>>3.Astro-Kundli 253-09-10 22-31-44>>> > >>>>4.Astrodienst 14-39-09 275-40-45 22-37-32*>>> > >>>>5.Astraura 14-39-09 253-09-35.48 22-31-23 >>> > >>>>6.Old One 14-39-09 253-09-21 22-31>>> > >>>>7.JHL 14-39-09 253-09-26.04 22-31-19.29>>> > >>>>8.Jr Jyotish 253-03 22-37* >>> > >>>>>>> > >>>>* Lahiri Ayanamsa>>> > >>>>>>> > >>>>Differences from New KPA: 1) 0 (base), 2) –22s, 3)

–26s, 4) >>> +5m.22s, >>> > >>>>5) –47s, 6) –1.10, 7) –50.31s, 8) +4m.50s >>> > >>>>>>> > >>>>Explanations:>>> > >>>>1. Pl note 253-22-49 (Ju-Ve-Ve) in posting of KP Group Msg # >>> 1410 due >>> > >>>>to Lat 52N06 other than 52N04.>>> > >>>>2. Western Tropical, very close to Goravani Jyotish & >>Parashara >>> > >>>>Light, as per kind favor of Ron Ganut in KP Group Msg # 1420>>> > >>>>3. KP & Vedic, >>> > >>>>4. Western tropical, also available sideral with Lahiri >>> Ayanamsa >>> > >>>>5. KP & Vedic, >>> > >>>>6. based on KPA from KSK's tables & UTOH>>> > >>>>7. Jagannatha Hora Lite

(Pandit Sanjay Rath's Study Group)>>> > >>>>8. Prof V. K. Choudhry'a SA Study Group (Vedic for 1700-2300 >>> only)>>> > >>>>>>> > >>>>>>> > >>>>ATTENTION:>>> > >>>>>>> > >>>>1. SN 1 Software gives around 17d higher Asc with different >>> Star >>> > >>>>Lord & Sub Lord. (For other cusps more or less the same, ie >>> same SL & >>> > >>>>SL)>>> > >>>>>>> > >>>>2. For other softwares no difference in deg-min, SL & S, >>except >>> > >>>>around 30sec lower in SN 6 Software.>>> > >>>>>>> > >>>>3. House system is not the problem, because Asc is the same >>>

> >>>>whether Placidus, Koch or Equal is used. Something is wrong >>> somewhere.>>> > >>>>>>> > >>>>>>> > >>>>1 (b). Comparison of Moon position by using the same New KPA >>22->>> 32-10>>> > >>>>>>> > >>>>Sr Deg-Min-Sec Software>>> > >>>>1. 336-20-09 Raichurs>>> > >>>>2. 336-20-34 Solar Fire>>> > >>>>3. 336-20-21 Astro-Kundli>>> > >>>>4. 336-20-12 Astrodienst>>> > >>>>5 336-20-12 Astraura>>> > >>>>6 336-21-20 Old One>>> > >>>>7 336-20-14 JHL>>> > >>>>8 336-19-50 Junior Jyotish>>> > >>>>>>> > >>>>Not much difference

except in SN 6 & 8. (For other planets >>more >>> or >>> > >>>>less the same)>>> > >>>>>>> > >>>>Example 2. Leonardo da Vinci, 23 April 1452, 9-40 PM LMT, UT->>> 0.44, >>> > >>>>Vinci, Italy, 43N47, 10E55>>> > >>>>>>> > >>>>For comparison the same KPA 16d-07m-15s is used.>>> > >>>>>>> > >>>>SN Asc D-M-S Moon D-M-S Software>>> > >>>>1. 227-30-40 078-01-54 Raichur>>> > >>>>2. 230-27-45 316-53-45 AstroDatabank>>> > >>>>3. 230-31-23 316-53-51 Astrodienst>>> > >>>>4. 230-30-53 078-04-18 Astraura>>> > >>>>5. 238-26-01 092-20-55 Old One>>> > >>>>6. 230-27-26

316-54-03 JHL>>> > >>>>7. 230-32-27 316-54-10 Khaldea>>> > >>>>>>> > >>>>ATTENTION: SN 1, 4 & 5 sofware have gone out of line. Solar >>> Fire >>> > >>>>will be very useful.>>> > >>>>>>> > >>>>Basic Data>>> > >>>>>>> > >>>>SN Software Sid Time KPA >>> > >>>>1. Raichur 11-31-41 16-07-46 >>> > >>>>2. Astrodienst 11-47-47 16-12-57* >>> > >>>>3. Astraura 11-47-44 16-07-19 >>> > >>>>4. Old One 12-27-04 16-09-00 >>> > >>>>5. JHL 11-47-27 16-07-14.65 >>> > >>>>>>> > >>>>* Lahiri Ayanamsa>>> > >>>>>>> >

>>>>Good Luck!>>> > >>>>>>> > >>>>tw>>> > >>>>>>> > >>>>>>> > >>>> , Yogesh Rao Lajmi >>> > >>>>wrote:>>> > >>>>> Dear Members,>>> > >>>>> I have with me Mr.K.Subramaniam's K.P.>>> > >>>>> Software,but after I bought and began using the>>> > >>>>> Software developed by Shri A.R.Raichur(upto subsub>>> > >>>>> levels),I have found it most useful and>>> > >>>>> simple-to-use,and Shri Raichur also provides a>>> > >>>>> specially developed on K.P. Dasavidha Poruthams>>> > >>>>> principles,a software for horoscope

matching...which>>> > >>>>> in my humble opinion is prhaps the best Software for>>> > >>>>> K.P., developed so far...>>> > >>>>> I therefore would strongly recommend>>> > >>>>> Shri Raichur's Software...for K.P. followers...his>>> > >>>>> e-mai ID has appeared in these columns already...>>> > >>>>> With best wishes,I am,>>> > >>>>> Yours sincerely,>>> > >>>>> lyrastro1>>> > >>>>> GOOD LUCK !>>> > >>>>> >>> > >>>>> >>> > >>>>> Vaidun ji,>>> > >>>>> >>> > >>>>> Have a look at "Varahamihira for Windows" and

"Mobile>>> > >>>>> Kundli for>>> > >>>>> PalmOS" by the company running this group. Both are>>> > >>>>> designed KP>>> > >>>>> astrologers in mind. The details are available at>>> > >>>>> http://www.astrocamp.com.>>> > >>>>> >>> > >>>>> Regards,>>> > >>>>> >>> > >>>>> Punit Pandey>>> > >>>>> >>> > >>>>> >>> > >>>>> >>> > >>>>> On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 21:40:15 +1000, Vaidun Vidyadhar>>> > >>>>> wrote:>>> > >>>>> > Dear List Members,>>> > >>>>> > >>> > >>>>> > I

am new to this list though I was introduced to KP>>> > >>>>> in 1988 when I was>>> > >>>>> > living in Madras. My introduction to vedic>>> > >>>>> astrology was with KP. I had>>> > >>>>> > bought all the books of Shri Krishnamurthi then and>>> > >>>>> was very impressed with>>> > >>>>> > his astrological skills. There are few who can>>> > >>>>> match the phenomenal>>> > >>>>> > accuracy of his predictions. Those days, I had to>>> > >>>>> MANUALLY cast each chart,>>> > >>>>> > be it natal or horary, with the help of tables and>>> > >>>>> the ephemeris. It used>>> > >>>>> > to take 2 hours of manual

calculations to be able to>>> > >>>>> finally arrive at the>>> > >>>>> > table of significators. Now, with computers, the>>> > >>>>> same job can be done in>>> > >>>>> > seconds. Amazing. >>> > >>>>> > >>> > >>>>> > I have Goravani Jyotish which has some element of KP>>> > >>>>> in it but maybe not>>> > >>>>> > enough. I am thinking of buying some other>>> > >>>>> astrology program which>>> > >>>>> > incorporates the elements of KP more fully. Can I>>> > >>>>> request members to kindly>>> > >>>>> > advise me as to which would be the best program for>>> > >>>>> this.

I will be much>>> > >>>>> > obliged.>>> > >>>>> > >>> > >>>>> > I have always had an enduring interest in KP but was>>> > >>>>> unable to find a>>> > >>>>> > website or list which was fully devoted to KP, until>>> > >>>>> now. I hope to be able>>> > >>>>> > to learn a lot from you all and hone my KP skills. >>> > >>>>> > >>> > >>>>> > Thanks for your time. With best regards.>>> > >>>>> > >>> > >>>>> > Vaidun Vidyadhar>>> > >>>>> > 1 / 94 Marius Street>>> > >>>>> > Tamworth, NSW 2340>>> > >>>>> > Australia>>>

> >>>>> > Tel: 61-2-67 668428 (home)>>> > >>>>> > Mobile: 0414 870 083>>> > >>>>> > Email: vvidya@o...>>> > >>>>> > >>> > >>>>> > >>> > >>>>> > >>> > >>>>> > >>> > >>>>> > >>> > >>>>> > >>> > >>>>> >

THE So called NEW kp ayanamsa is not new, in the sense the Basic Year of Coincidence of the Two Systems (Sayan and Nirayan) coincided on 21st March 291 ( Not 285 as given by Laheri). The rate of precicion was 50.23... as per Newcomb.

What was not stated the exact formula to derive the Ayanamsa for each year. The figures for 1840 to 2000 were given to the nearest minute. It was also stated that this shd be taken as constant thru out the year.

When accurate computers were not easily availble, and even Table of Houses were not

giving results upto minutes for houses otherr than ASC. The whole system was in

consonance with the standards of accuracy possibel then.

To day with computers easily availble, astrologers calculate the Planetary positions which are given to the nearest seconds. The Ayanamsa has also to be correct to seconds, otherwise if one uses an ayanmsa correct only to Nearest Minute, the resulting Nirayana positions will only be correct to the minute, through expressed in Seconds.

Prof Balchandra,considered this, and with changing the Basics of KSK, i.e. year 291 AD and the Newcombs rate of precission , and also allowing for a fact that the rate of precision, changes significantly for a span of 100 years, caame out with a formuale for the KP Aynamsa. This again is now rounded to 30 seconds.

Except in BORDERLINE cases, all Lords including the SUB-LORD remain the same.

It is ultimately the Lords we consider for prediction, and not the exact deg. or min of the House cusps.

good lukc

Sesh Krish <kseshadri_2000 wrote:

Well, I am catching up the new KP AY,. But what I like to share is this. 25 years back or earlier, when I started learning KP astrology I had predicted when a friend would come, when the failed electrictiy will come , when the booked trunk call will come. All of them came out correctly. So that Ayanamsa must be good.

Yes you need a clinching test. Best is to look for incidents like hospitalisation, where 12th must operate and if one comes across conflicting evidence then one can follow through.

Seshadri

..com> wrote:

Dear Rongaunt