IndiaDivine.org

What is Chiron??

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dushyant ji,

Little googling has given me this -

" It is the most recently discovered asteroid of astrological interest, discovered by astronomer Charles Kowal, Hale Observatories, in 1977. A planetoid discovered in 1977 between the orbits of Saturn and Uranus. When Chiron was first discovered, it was thought to be the tenth planet of our solar system. When it became apparent, however, that Chiron did not support an atmosphere, it was downgraded to a planetoid or large asteroid. In a chart, Chiron shows where you may best show your mastery or expertise, or how you heal or benefit others through your knowledge and past experience. Popular with psychological astrologers, Chiron is considered to represent: the wounded healer, priest, shaman, one who serves humanity. Chiron also alerts us to our blind spots - those features of our personality that are obvious to everyone but us. "

Thanks & Regards,

Punit Pandey

On 4/21/05, dushyant gautam <dushyantgautam wrote:

Hi learnershow r u all?i hope u all r fine over there.please kindly let me know " What is Chiron in Western Astrology? " waiting for your early response.dushyantDushyant Gautam______________________

India Matrimony: Find your life partner onlineGo to: http://.shaadi.com/india-matrimony

Guest guest

Dear Dushyant, Punit, and KP Groupies,

I haven't had much time to participate on the list lately - (I need more time :-) - among other things, I've been busy working on the KP material on my site) but I did want to make an additional comment on Chiron in addition to what Punit gave from his Google search.

I have studied the effects of Chiron quite extensively over the past several years and I have found that the best definition of Chiron (taken from my own first hand experience from my studies and research that I did on the Magi Astrology teachings - a Western based tropical system of astrology) is below. I had delineated 30 plus charts for a research/foundation paper I was preparing a few years back for Magi Certification (and prepared a written thesis of almost 500 pages of research - with much focus on Chiron amongst other things), and have analyzed many more charts since that time using Chiron, so below is the true definition of Chiron (in my not so humble opinion :-). I have only begun (private research) integration with Chiron and Eastern systems (such as KP), but much promise is definitely there. I have used Chiron for much of my work (also my predictions done here and on another KP list) - but I never mention "Chiron" because it is not "KP approved" and I don't want to be the one to stir the pot. :-) But my suggestion is - Do definitely take a look at Chiron and its interactions/aspects with the planets (especially Saturn) - it is definitely worth the look and serious study if you are research inclined and serious about attaining predictive accuracy.

Chiron is a comet-like planetoid, that orbits the Sun between Saturn and Uranus, and which has quite profound astrological significance. Chiron is the planet that has rulership over emotional ties, marriages, weddings, the family, spouses, and children. It represents the target of a person’s romantic and marital interest. Chiron also has rulership over promises and commitments of love, including engagements and marriage vows. It governs fertility and pregnancies, and the act of giving birth to children in marriage. Chiron rules the material and romantic instinct and desire of romance, as well as romance itself. It also signifies karmic bonds and intuitive trust. Chiron has dominion over charisma and a person’s public image; and being noteworthy, esteemed, distinctive, and distinguished in appearance. Chiron is ruler of your career and how you choose to make a living, as well as where you could be most successful. It also signifies your earning power, the economy, and economics. Chiron imparts extraordinary qualities. It also represents life, death, and reincarnation, and it is symbolic of the future. Also: Career, trust, free-enterprising, life and death, earning power, freedom, free will, pioneers and adventurers, famous public image, noteworthy.

For more information on how Chiron is used with respect to chart analysis, you may want to read my analysis that I worked on (before the trial took place), of the Laci Peterson Murder (by her husband Scott Peterson). If interested, go to my website at:

http://www.jupitersweb.com/laci_peterson_murder.htm. Perhaps that will give you an idea of one of the usages of Chiron in delineation. I'm not real big on asteroids - but Chiron holds much promise...and I never miss an opportunity (even using KP) to look at what's going on with Chiron.

All the Best,

Sandy Crowther

http://www.jupitersweb.com

On Behalf Of Punit PandeyFriday, April 22, 2005 1:23 AM Subject: Re: What is Chiron??

Dushyant ji,

"It is the most recently discovered asteroid of astrological interest, discovered by astronomer Charles Kowal, Hale Observatories, in 1977. A planetoid discovered in 1977 between the orbits of Saturn and Uranus. When Chiron was first discovered, it was thought to be the tenth planet of our solar system. When it became apparent, however, that Chiron did not support an atmosphere, it was downgraded to a planetoid or large asteroid. In a chart, Chiron shows where you may best show your mastery or expertise, or how you heal or benefit others through your knowledge and past experience. Popular with psychological astrologers, Chiron is considered to represent: the wounded healer, priest, shaman, one who serves humanity. Chiron also alerts us to our blind spots - those features of our personality that are obvious to everyone but us."

Thanks & Regards,

Punit Pandey

On 4/21/05, dushyant gautam <dushyantgautam wrote: Hi learnershow r u all?i hope u all r fine over there.please kindly let me know "What is Chiron in Western Astrology?"waiting for your early response.dushyantDushyant Gautam______________________ India Matrimony: Find your life partner onlineGo to: http://.shaadi.com/india-matrimony

Guest guest

Dear Sandy,

Allow me to thank you very much for the detailed information on CHIRON.

In K.P.,based on Hindu Astrology,as you are very well aware,only the Sun,Moon and the other planets upto Sat,Rahu & Kethu, have been made use of,although in recent years,Uranus(Herschel), Pluto & Pars Fortuna have also been included and often used in prognostication...in K.P. literature available...KSK had no inhibition in borrowing good ideas from other systems of astrology...

Also no Indian Ephemeris gives the position of chiron,thus the knowledge about Chiron was thus new to me...

Thanks once again,

Yours sincerely,

lyrastro1

GOOD LUCK !

Sandy Crowther <sandycrowther wrote:

I haven't had much time to participate on the list lately - (I need more time :-) - among other things, I've been busy working on the KP material on my site) but I did want to make an additional comment on Chiron in addition to what Punit gave from his Google search.

I have studied the effects of Chiron quite extensively over the past several years and I have found that the best definition of Chiron (taken from my own first hand experience from my studies and research that I did on the Magi Astrology teachings - a Western based tropical system of astrology) is below. I had delineated 30 plus charts for a research/foundation paper I was preparing a few years back for Magi Certification (and prepared a written thesis of almost 500 pages of research - with much focus on Chiron amongst other things), and have analyzed many more charts since that time using Chiron, so below is the true definition of Chiron (in my not so humble opinion :-). I have only begun (private research) integration with Chiron and Eastern systems (such as KP), but much promise is

definitely there. I have used Chiron for much of my work (also my predictions done here and on another KP list) - but I never mention "Chiron" because it is not "KP approved" and I don't want to be the one to stir the pot. :-) But my suggestion is - Do definitely take a look at Chiron and its interactions/aspects with the planets (especially Saturn) - it is definitely worth the look and serious study if you are research inclined and serious about attaining predictive accuracy.

Chiron is a comet-like planetoid, that orbits the Sun between Saturn and Uranus, and which has quite profound astrological significance. Chiron is the planet that has rulership over emotional ties, marriages, weddings, the family, spouses, and children. It represents the target of a person’s romantic and marital interest. Chiron also has rulership over promises and commitments of love, including engagements and marriage vows. It governs fertility and pregnancies, and the act of giving birth to children in marriage. Chiron rules the material and romantic instinct and desire of romance, as well as romance itself. It also signifies karmic bonds and intuitive trust. Chiron has dominion over charisma and a person’s public image; and being noteworthy, esteemed, distinctive, and distinguished in

appearance. Chiron is ruler of your career and how you choose to make a living, as well as where you could be most successful. It also signifies your earning power, the economy, and economics. Chiron imparts extraordinary qualities. It also represents life, death, and reincarnation, and it is symbolic of the future. Also: Career, trust, free-enterprising, life and death, earning power, freedom, free will, pioneers and adventurers, famous public image, noteworthy.

For more information on how Chiron is used with respect to chart analysis, you may want to read my analysis that I worked on (before the trial took place), of the Laci Peterson Murder (by her husband Scott Peterson). If interested, go to my website at:

http://www.jupitersweb.com/laci_peterson_murder.htm. Perhaps that will give you an idea of one of the usages of Chiron in delineation. I'm not real big on asteroids - but Chiron holds much promise...and I never miss an opportunity (even using KP) to look at what's going on with Chiron.

All the Best,

Sandy Crowther

On Behalf Of Punit PandeyFriday, April 22, 2005 1:23 AM Subject: Re: What is Chiron??

Dushyant ji,

"It is the most recently discovered asteroid of astrological interest, discovered by astronomer Charles Kowal, Hale Observatories, in 1977. A planetoid discovered in 1977 between the orbits of Saturn and Uranus. When Chiron was first discovered, it was thought to be the tenth planet of our solar system. When it became apparent, however, that Chiron did not support an atmosphere, it was downgraded to a planetoid or large asteroid. In a chart, Chiron shows where you may best show your mastery or expertise, or how you heal or benefit others through your knowledge and past experience. Popular with psychological astrologers, Chiron is considered to represent: the wounded healer, priest, shaman, one who serves humanity. Chiron also alerts us to our blind spots - those features of our personality that are obvious to everyone but us."

Thanks & Regards,

Punit Pandey

On 4/21/05, dushyant gautam <dushyantgautam wrote: Hi learnershow r u all?i hope u all r fine over there.please kindly let me know "What is Chiron in Western Astrology?"waiting for your early response.dushyantDushyant Gautam______________________ India Matrimony: Find your life partner onlineGo to: http://.shaadi.com/india-matrimony

Guest guest

Dear All,

Great Seer Cheiro was born on Chiron's " Birthday " 111 years earlier

on 01-11-1866, Great Astrologer KS Krishnamurti 69 years earlier on

01-11-1908,and Chiron's discovery date was 01-11-1977.

Best regards,

tw

, Yogesh Rao Lajmi <lyrastro1>

wrote:

> Dear Sandy,

> Allow me to thank you very much for the detailed

information on CHIRON.

> In K.P.,based on Hindu Astrology,as you are very

well aware,only the Sun,Moon and the other planets upto Sat,Rahu &

Kethu, have been made use of,although in recent years,Uranus

(Herschel), Pluto & Pars Fortuna have also been included and often

used in prognostication...in K.P. literature available...KSK had no

inhibition in borrowing good ideas from other systems of astrology...

> Also no Indian Ephemeris gives the position of

chiron,thus the knowledge about Chiron was thus new to me...

> Thanks once again,

> Yours sincerely,

> lyrastro1

> GOOD LUCK !

>

>

> Sandy Crowther <sandycrowther@a...> wrote:

> Dear Dushyant, Punit, and KP Groupies,

>

> I haven't had much time to participate on the list lately - (I

need more time :-) - among other things, I've been busy working on

the KP material on my site) but I did want to make an additional

comment on Chiron in addition to what Punit gave from his Google

search.

>

> I have studied the effects of Chiron quite extensively over the

past several years and I have found that the best definition of

Chiron (taken from my own first hand experience from my studies and

research that I did on the Magi Astrology teachings - a Western

based tropical system of astrology) is below. I had delineated 30

plus charts for a research/foundation paper I was preparing a few

years back for Magi Certification (and prepared a written thesis of

almost 500 pages of research - with much focus on Chiron amongst

other things), and have analyzed many more charts since that time

using Chiron, so below is the true definition of Chiron (in my not

so humble opinion :-). I have only begun (private research)

integration with Chiron and Eastern systems (such as KP), but much

promise is definitely there. I have used Chiron for much of my work

(also my predictions done here and on another KP list) - but I

never mention " Chiron " because it is not " KP approved " and I don't

want to be the

> one to stir the pot. :-) But my suggestion is - Do definitely

take a look at Chiron and its interactions/aspects with the planets

(especially Saturn) - it is definitely worth the look and serious

study if you are research inclined and serious about attaining

predictive accuracy.

>

> Chiron is a comet-like planetoid, that orbits the Sun between

Saturn and Uranus, and which has quite profound astrological

significance. Chiron is the planet that has rulership over emotional

ties, marriages, weddings, the family, spouses, and children. It

represents the target of a person's romantic and marital interest.

Chiron also has rulership over promises and commitments of love,

including engagements and marriage vows. It governs fertility and

pregnancies, and the act of giving birth to children in marriage.

Chiron rules the material and romantic instinct and desire of

romance, as well as romance itself. It also signifies karmic bonds

and intuitive trust. Chiron has dominion over charisma and a

person's public image; and being noteworthy, esteemed, distinctive,

and distinguished in appearance. Chiron is ruler of your career and

how you choose to make a living, as well as where you could be most

successful. It also signifies your earning power, the economy, and

economics.

> Chiron imparts extraordinary qualities. It also represents life,

death, and reincarnation, and it is symbolic of the future. Also:

Career, trust, free-enterprising, life and death, earning power,

freedom, free will, pioneers and adventurers, famous public image,

noteworthy.

>

> For more information on how Chiron is used with respect to chart

analysis, you may want to read my analysis that I worked on (before

the trial took place), of the Laci Peterson Murder (by her husband

Scott Peterson). If interested, go to my website at:

> http://www.jupitersweb.com/laci_peterson_murder.htm. Perhaps that

will give you an idea of one of the usages of Chiron in delineation.

I'm not real big on asteroids - but Chiron holds much promise...and

I never miss an opportunity (even using KP) to look at what's going

on with Chiron.

>

>

> All the Best,

> Sandy Crowther

> http://www.jupitersweb.com

>

>

>

>

>

>

On Behalf Of Punit Pandey

> Friday, April 22, 2005 1:23 AM

>

> Re: What is Chiron??

>

>

>

> Dushyant ji,

>

> Little googling has given me this -

>

> " It is the most recently discovered asteroid of astrological

interest, discovered by astronomer Charles Kowal, Hale

Observatories, in 1977. A planetoid discovered in 1977 between the

orbits of Saturn and Uranus. When Chiron was first discovered, it

was thought to be the tenth planet of our solar system. When it

became apparent, however, that Chiron did not support an atmosphere,

it was downgraded to a planetoid or large asteroid. In a chart,

Chiron shows where you may best show your mastery or expertise, or

how you heal or benefit others through your knowledge and past

experience. Popular with psychological astrologers, Chiron is

considered to represent: the wounded healer, priest, shaman, one who

serves humanity. Chiron also alerts us to our blind spots - those

features of our personality that are obvious to everyone but us. "

>

> Thanks & Regards,

>

> Punit Pandey

>

>

> On 4/21/05, dushyant gautam <dushyantgautam> wrote:

> Hi learners

>

> how r u all?

> i hope u all r fine over there.

>

> please kindly let me know

> " What is Chiron in Western Astrology? "

>

> waiting for your early response.

>

> dushyant

>

> Dushyant Gautam

>

>

___

> India Matrimony: Find your life partner online

> Go to: http://.shaadi.com/india-matrimony

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Dear Lajmi Rao and Group,

You're welcome - For those interested in tracking Chiron, there is a free online ephemeris available that includes Chiron. This is located at http://ephemeris.com/ephemeris.php. The ephemeris is calculated in tropical not sidereal, so KP conversions must be implemented. Currently, sidereal Chiron is direct at 09 Capricorn 17' (tropical position is at about 03 Aquarius 07'), and currently moving at the rate of about 1 minute per day, stationing on about May 4, 2005 at sidereal 09 Cap 27'.

Watch the hard and soft aspects to and from Chiron - (but be careful - you might get hooked. :-))

All the Best,

Sandy Crowther

On Behalf Of Yogesh Rao LajmiFriday, April 22, 2005 11:10 AM Subject: RE: What is Chiron??

Dear Sandy,

Allow me to thank you very much for the detailed information on CHIRON.

In K.P.,based on Hindu Astrology,as you are very well aware,only the Sun,Moon and the other planets upto Sat,Rahu & Kethu, have been made use of,although in recent years,Uranus(Herschel), Pluto & Pars Fortuna have also been included and often used in prognostication...in K.P. literature available...KSK had no inhibition in borrowing good ideas from other systems of astrology...

Also no Indian Ephemeris gives the position of chiron,thus the knowledge about Chiron was thus new to me...

Thanks once again,

Yours sincerely,

lyrastro1

GOOD LUCK !

Sandy Crowther <sandycrowther wrote:

I have studied the effects of Chiron quite extensively over the past several years and I have found that the best definition of Chiron (taken from my own first hand experience from my studies and research that I did on the Magi Astrology teachings - a Western based tropical system of astrology) is below. I had delineated 30 plus charts for a research/foundation paper I was preparing a few years back for Magi Certification (and prepared a written thesis of almost 500 pages of research - with much focus on Chiron amongst other things), and have analyzed many more charts since that time using Chiron, so below is the true definition of Chiron (in my not so humble opinion :-). I have only begun (private research) integration with Chiron and Eastern systems (such as KP), but much promise is definitely there. I have used Chiron for much of my work (also my predictions done here and on another KP list) - but I never mention "Chiron" because it is not "KP approved" and I don't want to be the one to stir the pot. :-) But my suggestion is - Do definitely take a look at Chiron and its interactions/aspects with the planets (especially Saturn) - it is definitely worth the look and serious study if you are research inclined and serious about attaining predictive accuracy.

Chiron is a comet-like planetoid, that orbits the Sun between Saturn and Uranus, and which has quite profound astrological significance. Chiron is the planet that has rulership over emotional ties, marriages, weddings, the family, spouses, and children. It represents the target of a person’s romantic and marital interest. Chiron also has rulership over promises and commitments of love, including engagements and marriage vows. It governs fertility and pregnancies, and the act of giving birth to children in marriage. Chiron rules the material and romantic instinct and desire of romance, as well as romance itself. It also signifies karmic bonds and intuitive trust. Chiron has dominion over charisma and a person’s public image; and being noteworthy, esteemed, distinctive, and distinguished in appearance. Chiron is ruler of your career and how you choose to make a living, as well as where you could be most successful. It also signifies your earning power, the economy, and economics. Chiron imparts extraordinary qualities. It also represents life, death, and reincarnation, and it is symbolic of the future. Also: Career, trust, free-enterprising, life and death, earning power, freedom, free will, pioneers and adventurers, famous public image, noteworthy.

All the Best,

Sandy Crowther

Dushyant ji,

Thanks & Regards,

Punit Pandey

Guest guest

Dear TW,

More interesting facts...

I haven't had a chance to " thank you " in a while - So once again, thanks

for being so loaded with factual information and research statistics, and

for sharing your findings with all of us...You are such an asset to any

group you join.

All the Best,

Sandy Crowther

On

Behalf Of tw853

Friday, April 22, 2005 3:42 PM

Re: What is Chiron??

Dear All,

Great Seer Cheiro was born on Chiron's " Birthday " 111 years earlier

on 01-11-1866, Great Astrologer KS Krishnamurti 69 years earlier on

01-11-1908,and Chiron's discovery date was 01-11-1977.

Best regards,

tw

wrote:

> Dear Sandy,

> Allow me to thank you very much for the detailed

information on CHIRON.

> In K.P.,based on Hindu Astrology,as you are very

well aware,only the Sun,Moon and the other planets upto Sat,Rahu &

Kethu, have been made use of,although in recent years,Uranus (Herschel),

Pluto & Pars Fortuna have also been included and often

used in prognostication...in K.P. literature available...KSK had no

inhibition in borrowing good ideas from other systems of astrology...

> Also no Indian Ephemeris gives the position of

chiron,thus the knowledge about Chiron was thus new to me...

> Thanks once again,

> Yours sincerely,

> lyrastro1

> GOOD LUCK !

>

>

>

> I haven't had much time to participate on the list lately - (I

need more time :-) - among other things, I've been busy working on

the KP material on my site) but I did want to make an additional

comment on Chiron in addition to what Punit gave from his Google

search.

>

research that I did on the Magi Astrology teachings - a Western

based tropical system of astrology) is below. I had delineated 30

plus charts for a research/foundation paper I was preparing a few

years back for Magi Certification (and prepared a written thesis of

almost 500 pages of research - with much focus on Chiron amongst

other things), and have analyzed many more charts since that time

using Chiron, so below is the true definition of Chiron (in my not

so humble opinion :-). I have only begun (private research)

integration with Chiron and Eastern systems (such as KP), but much

promise is definitely there. I have used Chiron for much of my work

(also my predictions done here and on another KP list) - but I

never mention " Chiron " because it is not " KP approved " and I don't

want to be the

predictive accuracy.

>

and intuitive trust. Chiron has dominion over charisma and a

person's public image; and being noteworthy, esteemed, distinctive,

and distinguished in appearance. Chiron is ruler of your career and

how you choose to make a living, as well as where you could be most

economics.

noteworthy.

>

I'm not real big on asteroids - but Chiron holds much promise...and

I never miss an opportunity (even using KP) to look at what's going

on with Chiron.

>

>

> All the Best,

> Sandy Crowther

>

>

>

>

>

>

On Behalf Of Punit Pandey

> Friday, April 22, 2005 1:23 AM

>

> Re: What is Chiron??

>

>

>

> Dushyant ji,

>

> Little googling has given me this -

>

> " It is the most recently discovered asteroid of astrological

interest, discovered by astronomer Charles Kowal, Hale

Observatories, in 1977. A planetoid discovered in 1977 between the

orbits of Saturn and Uranus. When Chiron was first discovered, it

was thought to be the tenth planet of our solar system. When it

became apparent, however, that Chiron did not support an atmosphere,

it was downgraded to a planetoid or large asteroid. In a chart,

Chiron shows where you may best show your mastery or expertise, or

how you heal or benefit others through your knowledge and past

experience. Popular with psychological astrologers, Chiron is

considered to represent: the wounded healer, priest, shaman, one who

serves humanity. Chiron also alerts us to our blind spots - those

features of our personality that are obvious to everyone but us. "

>

> Thanks & Regards,

>

> Punit Pandey

>

>

> On 4/21/05, dushyant gautam <dushyantgautam> wrote:

> Hi learners

>

> how r u all?

> i hope u all r fine over there.

>

> please kindly let me know

> " What is Chiron in Western Astrology? "

>

> waiting for your early response.

>

> dushyant

>

> Dushyant Gautam

>

>

___

> India Matrimony: Find your life partner online

> Go to: http://.shaadi.com/india-matrimony

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Oh, so KP has some indirect relationship with Chiron. It may be an indication to dig it further using KP.

Regards,

Punit Pandey

On 4/23/05, tw853 <tw853 wrote:

Dear All,Great Seer Cheiro was born on Chiron's " Birthday " 111 years earlier

on 01-11-1866, Great Astrologer KS Krishnamurti 69 years earlier on 01-11-1908,and Chiron's discovery date was 01-11-1977.Best regards,tw

, Yogesh Rao Lajmi <lyrastro1> wrote:> Dear Sandy,> Allow me to thank you very much for the detailed information on CHIRON.

> In K.P.,based on Hindu Astrology,as you are very well aware,only the Sun,Moon and the other planets upto Sat,Rahu & Kethu, have been made use of,although in recent years,Uranus(Herschel), Pluto & Pars Fortuna have also been included and often used in prognostication...in K.P. literature available...KSK had no inhibition in borrowing good ideas from other systems of astrology...> Also no Indian Ephemeris gives the position of

chiron,thus the knowledge about Chiron was thus new to me...> Thanks once again,> Yours sincerely,> lyrastro1> GOOD LUCK !

> >

> Sandy Crowther <sandycrowther@a...> wrote:> Dear Dushyant, Punit, and KP Groupies,> > I haven't had much time to participate on the list lately - (I need more time :-) - among other things, I've been busy working on the KP material on my site) but I did want to make an additional comment on Chiron in addition to what Punit gave from his Google search. > > I have studied the effects of Chiron quite extensively over the past several years and I have found that the best definition of Chiron (taken from my own first hand experience from my studies and research that I did on the Magi Astrology teachings - a Western based tropical system of astrology) is below. I had delineated 30 plus charts for a research/foundation paper I was preparing a few years back for Magi Certification (and prepared a written thesis of almost 500 pages of research - with much focus on Chiron amongst other things), and have analyzed many more charts since that time using Chiron, so below is the true definition of Chiron (in my not so humble opinion :-). I have only begun (private research) integration with Chiron and Eastern systems (such as KP), but much promise is definitely there. I have used Chiron for much of my work (also my predictions done here and on another KP list) - but I never mention " Chiron " because it is not " KP approved " and I don't want to be the> one to stir the pot. :-) But my suggestion is - Do definitely take a look at Chiron and its interactions/aspects with the planets (especially Saturn) - it is definitely worth the look and serious study if you are research inclined and serious about attaining predictive accuracy. > > Chiron is a comet-like planetoid, that orbits the Sun between Saturn and Uranus, and which has quite profound astrological significance. Chiron is the planet that has rulership over emotional ties, marriages, weddings, the family, spouses, and children. It represents the target of a person's romantic and marital interest. Chiron also has rulership over promises and commitments of love, including engagements and marriage vows. It governs fertility and pregnancies, and the act of giving birth to children in marriage. Chiron rules the material and romantic instinct and desire of romance, as well as romance itself. It also signifies karmic bonds and intuitive trust. Chiron has dominion over charisma and a person's public image; and being noteworthy, esteemed, distinctive, and distinguished in appearance. Chiron is ruler of your career and how you choose to make a living, as well as where you could be most successful. It also signifies your earning power, the economy, and economics.> Chiron imparts extraordinary qualities. It also represents life, death, and reincarnation, and it is symbolic of the future. Also: Career, trust, free-enterprising, life and death, earning power, freedom, free will, pioneers and adventurers, famous public image, noteworthy.> > For more information on how Chiron is used with respect to chart analysis, you may want to read my analysis that I worked on (before the trial took place), of the Laci Peterson Murder (by her husband Scott Peterson). If interested, go to my website at: >

http://www.jupitersweb.com/laci_peterson_murder.htm. Perhaps that will give you an idea of one of the usages of Chiron in delineation. I'm not real big on asteroids - but Chiron holds much promise...and I never miss an opportunity (even using KP) to look at what's going on with Chiron.> > > All the Best,> Sandy Crowther>

http://www.jupitersweb.com> > > > > >

On Behalf Of Punit Pandey> Friday, April 22, 2005 1:23 AM

> > Re: What is Chiron??>

> > > Dushyant ji,> > Little googling has given me this -> > " It is the most recently discovered asteroid of astrological interest, discovered by astronomer Charles Kowal, Hale Observatories, in 1977. A planetoid discovered in 1977 between the orbits of Saturn and Uranus. When Chiron was first discovered, it was thought to be the tenth planet of our solar system. When it became apparent, however, that Chiron did not support an atmosphere, it was downgraded to a planetoid or large asteroid. In a chart, Chiron shows where you may best show your mastery or expertise, or how you heal or benefit others through your knowledge and past experience. Popular with psychological astrologers, Chiron is considered to represent: the wounded healer, priest, shaman, one who serves humanity. Chiron also alerts us to our blind spots - those features of our personality that are obvious to everyone but us. "

> > Thanks & Regards,> > Punit Pandey> >

> On 4/21/05, dushyant gautam <dushyantgautam> wrote: > Hi learners> > how r u all?> i hope u all r fine over there.> > please kindly let me know > " What is Chiron in Western Astrology? " > > waiting for your early response.> > dushyant> > Dushyant Gautam> > ___________________

___ > India Matrimony: Find your life partner online> Go to: http://.shaadi.com/india-matrimony

> > > > > > >

Guest guest

Dear Sandy,

Could you kindly clarify whether "gulika" and "maandi" mentioned in old traditional astrological texts,and articles in old issues of the Astrological Magazine...are also similar ?

This will greatly help in my clear understanding of these "planetoids" and their value in prognostication...(?)

With best wishes,

Yours sincerely,

lyrastro1

GOOD LUCK !Sandy Crowther <sandycrowther wrote:

I have studied the effects of Chiron quite extensively over the past several years and I have found that the best definition of Chiron (taken from my own first hand experience from my studies and research that I did on the Magi Astrology teachings - a Western based tropical system of astrology) is below. I had delineated 30 plus charts for a research/foundation paper I was preparing a few years back for Magi Certification (and prepared a written thesis of almost 500 pages of research - with much focus on Chiron amongst other things), and have analyzed many more charts since that time using Chiron, so below is the true definition of Chiron (in my not so humble opinion :-). I have only begun (private research) integration with Chiron and Eastern systems (such as KP), but much promise is

definitely there. I have used Chiron for much of my work (also my predictions done here and on another KP list) - but I never mention "Chiron" because it is not "KP approved" and I don't want to be the one to stir the pot. :-) But my suggestion is - Do definitely take a look at Chiron and its interactions/aspects with the planets (especially Saturn) - it is definitely worth the look and serious study if you are research inclined and serious about attaining predictive accuracy.

Chiron is a comet-like planetoid, that orbits the Sun between Saturn and Uranus, and which has quite profound astrological significance. Chiron is the planet that has rulership over emotional ties, marriages, weddings, the family, spouses, and children. It represents the target of a person’s romantic and marital interest. Chiron also has rulership over promises and commitments of love, including engagements and marriage vows. It governs fertility and pregnancies, and the act of giving birth to children in marriage. Chiron rules the material and romantic instinct and desire of romance, as well as romance itself. It also signifies karmic bonds and intuitive trust. Chiron has dominion over charisma and a person’s public image; and being noteworthy, esteemed, distinctive, and distinguished in

appearance. Chiron is ruler of your career and how you choose to make a living, as well as where you could be most successful. It also signifies your earning power, the economy, and economics. Chiron imparts extraordinary qualities. It also represents life, death, and reincarnation, and it is symbolic of the future. Also: Career, trust, free-enterprising, life and death, earning power, freedom, free will, pioneers and adventurers, famous public image, noteworthy.

All the Best,

Sandy Crowther

Dushyant ji,

Thanks & Regards,

Punit Pandey

Guest guest

Dear Lajmi Rao and Group,

To address your questions - here is my understanding of both Gulika and Mandi. I have had experience with both while studying traditional astrology, however I (personally) use neither of these points a regular basis - (nor nearly as frequently as I refer to the position of Chiron), simply because we have to draw an astrological line somewhere in the sand, and my own research has me hooked on the value of Chiron in delineation. But of course that is just my personal opinion and we each - as Jyotishis - have plenty of those. :-) So I'll let you be the judge a to whether these points hold value for you on a regular basis...as my research on these points is not extensive enough for me to properly evaluate the credibility of using them on a regular basis for predictive purposes. So until I can find more hours in a day - I'll leave that job to you...:-)

Gulika is an invisible point in the sky and considered as a son of Saturn, while Mandi is considered another son of Saturn . Gulika and Mandi are sometimes said to be one and the same, but this view is not universally accepted, and I have heard and seen both these points used separately in chart delineation by various traditional astrologers. Both of these invisible points (in reality) are theoretical satellites - (or also called Upagrahas) - but the methods for determining their respective positions are calculated differently.

Gulika assumes that one-eighth of the day and the night is ruled by the seven rulers of the weekdays, while the remaining one-eighth portion is not assigned to any planet. Each ruler is assigned a number according to its sequence in the week, for example: Sun (1), Moon (2), Mars (3), Mercury (4), Jupiter (5), Venus (6), and Saturn (7). The duration of the day, if the birth is in daytime, and of the night, if the birth is in night, when divided by would indicate the duration of their rulership. The first rulership belongs to the planet ruling the day. The subsequent portions will be ruled by planets in the sequence as in weekdays. The period belonging to Saturn is the period belonging to Gulika.

In the cases with respect to night births, the first portion of the night does not belong to the planet of the day, but instead it is ruled by the planet relative to the fifth day from the first day. For example, the first planetary rulership for Wednesday night will belong to Sun, and consequently Saturn's portion on this day will be the 7th portion, which will be the time for Gulika.

Gulika is said to produce good results in ,the 3rd, 6th, and 11th houses in a natal chart; in the 10th house it is said to make the person religious and devoted to austerities. The longitude of Gulika is worked out as in the case of ascendant, depending upon the time of birth after sunrise.

Mandi - another Upagraha (satellite) attached to Saturn, is also known as the son of Saturn. It is an invisible/hypothetical point. Its position is mathematically ascertained for predictive purposes - (currently made especially popular with those following the old and traditional Vedic concepts - like the online groups of Sanjay Rath /Narasimha Rao, and like groups of traditional Vedic astrologers).

When the length of day and night is 30 ghatikas (60 ghatikas make 24 hours) each, the position of Mandi on weekdays, counting from Sunday onwards, is at the end of ghatikas 26, 22, 18, 14, 10, 6, and 2 during daytime, and during night time, at the end of 10, 6, 2, 26, 22, 18, and 14 ghatikas respectively. The following formula helps in working out the position of Mandi.

D or N (as the case may be) X I / 30 = M 30

where M is birth ghati after sunrise or sunset,

D is duration of day expressed in ghatis,

N is duration of night in ghatis,

I is the Index from the following table:

Table of Mandi Index:

Week day

Day

Night

Sunday

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Taking M in ghatis and vighatis we have to find out the ascendant (and traditionally the Navamsa) for the time indicated by M. The Rasi and Navamsa revealed will be the Rasi and Navamsa occupied by Mandi for a particular nativity. Indian ephemeris (Panchanga) give ahas (daytime) for the day as well as night. If it is not available there, the time of rising and setting of Sun can be ascertained from other sources.

Mandi is known in some astrological circles to be very important in judging the correctness of an ascendant, which should conform to any of the following positions, specially if Moon is not strong in the natal chart:

1. Ascendant will be trine to the lord of the house occupied by Mandi.

2. Ascendant will be trine to the lord of the house occupied by the same -in Navamsa.

3. Ascendant will be trine to the Navamsa house of the Mandi itself.

Mandi is supposed to be a dreaded malefic, but is said to give good results in the 6th and 11th houses. Its association with a planet is said to make the planet inauspicious. If the lord of the house occupied by Mandi is in a cardinal or trine house (with reference to the Ascendant), Mandi is said to bestow fame and riches on the individual. As I stated earlier, I have not researched any of this extensively, and will have to reserve judgment until further evaluations are implemented and when they decide to make the day 40 hours long instead of 24. :-) So much to do - so little time...

Calculating these points and about Jagannatha Hora 5 Professional: (For those of you who have this software, you may have noted that KP is an ayanamsa option in JHora 5, but Placidus House system is not - so KP calculations are less than perfect using JH5.)

P.V.R. Narasimha Rao's Jagannatha Hora Professional Version 5 calculates these points in his software, however (personally) I rarely follow these points on a regular basis in my own astrological practice as it is time consuming to consider "all things astrological" as the base is so wide. :-) So I discriminate and pick and choose on any given day where my focus will land - depending on what I am looking for in context to what I am delineating. However, the info below may be useful for some as it is a quoted from P.V.R. Narasimha Rao (JHora 5 Professional program), and spells out his take on the calculation and views of these Upagrahas...(and this is the traditional Vedic newsgroup that uses Upagrahas extensively in their work).

Upagrahas (sub-planets)

Sun-based Upagrahas

Five upagrahas called Dhuma, Vyatipaata, Parivesha, Indrachaapa and Upaketu are defined based on Sun's longitude. The exact formulas are given in Table 6. All these upagrahas are very malefic in nature. Any houses occupied by them in rasi chart or divisional charts are spoiled by them.

Table 6: Sun-based Upagrahas

Upagraha Longitude FormulaDhuma Sun's longitude + 13320'Vyatipaata 360º – Dhuma’s longitudeParivesha Vyatipata's longitude + 180Indrachaapa 360º – Parivesha’s longitudeUpaketu Indrachaapa’s longitude + 1640'= Sun's longitude – 30It may be noted that Dhuma and Indrachaapa are apart by 180 and Vyatipaata and Parivesha are apart by 180.

Other Upagrahas

Six upagrahas called Kaala, Mrityu, Arthaprahaara, Yamaghantaka, Gulika and Maandi are more difficult to compute. Kaala is a malefic upagraha similar to Sun. Mrityu is a malefic upagraha similar to Mars. Arthaprahaara is similar to Mercury. Yamaghantaka is similar to Jupiter. Gulika and Maandi are similar to Saturn.

A day starts at the time of sunrise and ends at the time of sunset. A night starts at the time of sunset and ends at the time of next day’s sunrise. Depending on whether one is born during the day or the night, we divide the length of the day/night into 8 equal parts.

Daytime births: The first part is ruled by the lord of weekday and then we cover planets in the order of weekdays. The part after the one ruled by Saturn is lord-less. After that, Sun’s part comes. For example, the first 1/8th of the daytime on a Thursday is ruled by Jupiter. Next part is ruled by Venus. The 3rd part is ruled by Saturn. The 4th part is lord-less. The 5th part is ruled by Sun. The 6th part is ruled by Moon. The 7th planet is ruled by Mars. The 8th part is ruled by Mercury.

Table 7: Ruling planets

Rulers of the 8 parts of the DAYWeekday 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8thSun Sun Moon Mars Merc Jup Ven Sat —Mon Moon Mars Merc Jup Ven Sat — SunTue Mars Merc Jup Ven Sat — Sun MoonWed Merc Jup Ven Sat — Sun Moon MarsThu Jup Ven Sat — Sun Moon Mars MercFri Ven Sat — Sun Moon Mars Merc JupSat Sat — Sun Moon Mars Merc Jup VenRulers of the 8 parts of the NIGHTWeekday 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8thSun Jup Ven Sat — Sun Moon Mars MercMon Ven Sat — Sun Moon Mars Merc JupTue Sat — Sun Moon Mars Merc Jup VenWed Sun Moon Mars Merc Jup Ven Sat —Thu Moon Mars Merc Jup Ven Sat — SunFri Mars Merc Jup Ven Sat — Sun MoonSat Merc Jup Ven Sat — Sun Moon MarsNight time births: The first part is ruled by the 5th planet from the lord of weekday and then we cover planets in the order of weekdays. For example, the first 1/8th of a Thursday night is ruled by the 5th planet from Jupiter, i.e. Moon (Jupiter, Venus, Saturn, Sun, Moon – that’s the 5th one). Next part is ruled by Mars. The 3rd part is ruled by Mercury. The 4th part is ruled by Jupiter. The 5th part is ruled by Venus. The 6th part is ruled by Saturn. The 7th planet is lord-less. The 8th part is ruled by Sun.

Table 7 gives the list of the ruling planets of all the eight parts of the daytime and night time on all weekdays.

Once we divide the day/night of birth into 8 equal parts and identify the ruling planets of the 8 parts, we can find the longitudes of Kaala etc upagrahas using the following procedure:

(1) Kaala rises at the middle of Sun’s part. In other words, we find the time at the middle of Sun’s part and find lagna rising then. That gives Kaala’s longitude.(1) Mrityu rises at the middle of Mars’s part.(1) Artha Praharaka rises at the middle of Mercury’s part.(1) Yama Ghantaka rises at the middle of Jupiter’s part.(1) Gulika rises at the middle of Saturn’s part.(1) Maandi rises at the beginning of Saturn’s part.

Suppose one is born on Thursday night and we want Yamaghantaka’s longitude in his chart. Suppose night starts at 6 pm and ends at 6 am on the next day. We see from the table that Jupiter rules the 4th part of a Thursday night. Each part is 12/8 = 1.5 hours. The 4th part starts 4.5 hours after sunset, i.e. at 10:30 pm, and ends 1.5 hours later. So Jupiter’s part extends from 10:30 pm to midnight. The middle point of this part is at 11:15 pm. We find lagna rising at 11:15 pm and that will be Yama Ghantaka’s longitude.

Hope this has been helpful...

All the Best,

Sandy Crowther

On Behalf Of Yogesh Rao LajmiSaturday, April 23, 2005 5:28 AM Subject: RE: What is Chiron??

Dear Sandy,

Could you kindly clarify whether "gulika" and "maandi" mentioned in old traditional astrological texts,and articles in old issues of the Astrological Magazine...are also similar ?

This will greatly help in my clear understanding of these "planetoids" and their value in prognostication...(?)

With best wishes,

Yours sincerely,

lyrastro1

GOOD LUCK !Sandy Crowther <sandycrowther wrote:

All the Best,

Sandy Crowther

Dushyant ji,

Thanks & Regards,

Punit Pandey

Guest guest

Dear All,

It's worhty to note because it's frequently advised to unlearn the

TRADITIONALS in learning KP.

Best regards,

tw

wrote:

> Dear Sandy,

> Could you kindly clarify whether " gulika "

and " maandi " mentioned in old traditional astrological texts,and

articles in old issues of the Astrological Magazine...are also

similar ?

> This will greatly help in my clear understanding

of these " planetoids " and their value in prognostication...(?)

> With best wishes,

> Yours sincerely,

> lyrastro1

> GOOD LUCK !

>

>

> I haven't had much time to participate on the list lately - (I need

more time :-) - among other things, I've been busy working on the KP

material on my site) but I did want to make an additional comment on

Chiron in addition to what Punit gave from his Google search.

>

research that I did on the Magi Astrology teachings - a Western based

tropical system of astrology) is below. I had delineated 30 plus

charts for a research/foundation paper I was preparing a few years

back for Magi Certification (and prepared a written thesis of almost

500 pages of research - with much focus on Chiron amongst other

things), and have analyzed many more charts since that time using

Chiron, so below is the true definition of Chiron (in my not so

humble opinion :-). I have only begun (private research) integration

with Chiron and Eastern systems (such as KP), but much promise is

definitely there. I have used Chiron for much of my work (also my

predictions done here and on another KP list) - but I never

mention " Chiron " because it is not " KP approved " and I don't want to

be the

predictive accuracy.

>

and intuitive trust. Chiron has dominion over charisma and a person's

public image; and being noteworthy, esteemed, distinctive, and

distinguished in appearance. Chiron is ruler of your career and how

you choose to make a living, as well as where you could be most

economics.

noteworthy.

>

I'm not real big on asteroids - but Chiron holds much promise...and I

never miss an opportunity (even using KP) to look at what's going on

with Chiron.

>

>

> All the Best,

> Sandy Crowther

>

>

>

>