IndiaDivine.org

what is kushtaa / Renab Singh - Varun jee

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Varun jiExact lexical meanings of this Persian word Kushtaa is "To Kill" or "Maarna/Maar Dena" in simple Hindustani. Process of preparing Kushtaa is also known as "Kushtaa Marnaa" by the practitioners. Actually, my late mother used to prepare a Heeng-Chooran, and she used to call it "Heeng Maarna". Under that process some quantity of good quality Heeng was put in the wheat dough, and the dough was buried under the wooden fire, after some time when that dough turns rock hard with heat, the Heeng was taken out and grinded into Chooran form. I also often heard the word "Kushtaa Maarna" from my grandfather when I was a young lad. I also heard that Kushtaa is normally taken (rather licked) with honey (as we consume Sitopladee Churan for cough etc.) but even then I was not 100% sure about Kushtaa, that created a doubt in my mind.So, for getting the correct answer I consulted a prominent Ayurved Acharya Dr. Pushpraj Sharma jee of Chandigarh (Ph.

94171-96676) who is a very good friend of mine. He confirmed that Kushtaa is Bhasma (or like Bhasma) and Avleh is Majoon (Khameera or like yeast). That is why I decided to share these facts with my colleagues. RespectfullyYograj Prabhakarvarun_trvd <varun_trvd wrote: Very Respected Yograj ji, Thank you for correcting me. It is an addition to my knowledge. I said that Kushtaa is like Avleh, because I was prescribed Kushtaa- e-marvareed by a well known Haqeem of Tibbia College here in Aligarh. The Kushtaa

was in the form of sweet chatnee as if some gul-kand kind of thing was added to it. Quite possible it was made into a chatnee so that it becomes easy to eat, or rather lick. Incidently, Maazoon is sold here in the form of small pieces known as katari. It is prescribed for good health and appetite. But medicines are sold in various shapes depending on convenience and the selling strategies. Thank you once again for your information. With great regards and respect, Varun Trivedi , "Yograj Prabhakar" <yr_prabhakar wrote: > > Dear Varun ji > > Avleh is not Kushtaa, Avleh (paste/Chutnee like medicine)is known as > Majoon in Unani medicine system. Kushtaa is more like Bhasma. Actually > Bhasma is the purest form of the principle

material > (Gold/Silver/Iron/Pearl etc) and normally nothing is added while > preparing it, whereas Kushtaa is prepared by mixing some other > ingredients with the main material. > > Respectfully > Yograj Prabhakar > > > , "varun_trvd" > <varun_trvd@> wrote: > > > > Respected Renab ji, > > > > Kushtaa is an Urdu word used in the Unani medical system. In Aryurved > > it is called 'Avleh'. It is a paste [ like chatanee ]which is > > prescribed for eating as a medicine. > > Kushtaa like Avleh is known by the name of the major ingredient in > > it. > > > > Like Kushtaa-e-marvareed is a kushta where pearls are the main > > ingredients and is prescribed for

typhoid. > > > > Regards, > > > > Varun Trivedi > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > , "renabsingh" > > <renabsingh@> wrote: > > > > > > dear fellow lalkitab astrologers > > > what is the mean of Kushta ? i read in various books > > > faulad ka kushta etc .kindly explain . thanks > > > yours sincerely > > > renab singh > > > > > >

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.