IndiaDivine.org

Orbs for Exaltation

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

The orb +/- has to be applied to Exaltation and Debilitation. Mooltrikona, has no defined Degree but only a Sign. I believe orbs will not apply there.

If mooltrikona has a definite degree in a sign, then the orb would be applicable.

good luck

Rangarajan Krishnamoorthy <ranga wrote:

Dear Shri.Raichur, Tin Win:I have been following the postings related to exaltation orbs. Isuppose the ORB has to be applied to all categories i.e., Exaltation,Debilitation and Mooltrikona. Right?Regards,Rangarajan

Guest guest

Friends,

I personally believe that Exaltation (uchcha) and Debilitation (neecha) has nothing to do with the Orb. In traditional astrology it is normally taken in full sign only. Exaltation and Debilitation is used even in divisional charts where exact degree of planet is not known.

A planet may be uchcha, even not at exact degree, though may not be param-uchcha. So we should use orb only in case of param-uchcha and param-neecha and it should not be used in case of uchcha and neecha. It is my opinion only.

Thanks & Regards,

Punit Pandey

On 4/27/05, Rangarajan Krishnamoorthy <ranga wrote:

Dear Shri.Raichur, Tin Win:I have been following the postings related to exaltation orbs. I

suppose the ORB has to be applied to all categories i.e., Exaltation,Debilitation and Mooltrikona. Right?Regards,Rangarajan

Guest guest

Dear Shri Raichur ji,

I found in JANMABHUMI MARGADARSHIKA edition:5th Page no: 20(gujarti)

Planet multrikoni rasi Multrikoni Degree.

SUN SIMHA 0 TO 20

MOON VRISHABHA 4 TO 30

MAR MESHA 0 TO 12

MER KANYA 16 TO 20

JUP DHANU 0 TO 10

VEN TULA 0 TO 15

SAT KUMBHA 0 TO 20

regards

kanak

>anant raichur <anant_1608

>

>

>Re: Orbs for Exaltation

>Tue, 26 Apr 2005 22:58:33 -0700 (PDT)

>

>The orb +/- has to be applied to Exaltation and Debilitation. Mooltrikona, has no defined Degree but only a Sign. I believe orbs will not apply there.

>If mooltrikona has a definite degree in a sign, then the orb would be applicable.

>

>good luck

>

>

>Rangarajan Krishnamoorthy <ranga wrote:

>

>

>Dear Shri.Raichur, Tin Win:

>I have been following the postings related to exaltation orbs. I

>suppose the ORB has to be applied to all categories i.e., Exaltation,

>Debilitation and Mooltrikona. Right?

>

>Regards,

>Rangarajan

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Friends,

Just to add to Kanak ji's point. Sun is called in Mooltrikona from 0 to 20 degree and Swa-rasi (own sign) from 20 to 30 degree. Similary for other planets. The point is, even the Mooltrikona is degree dependant.

Regards,

Punit Pandey

On 4/27/05, Kanak Bosmia <kanbosastro wrote:

Dear Shri Raichur ji,

SUN SIMHA 0 TO 20

MOON VRISHABHA 4 TO 30

MAR MESHA 0 TO 12

MER KANYA 16 TO 20

JUP DHANU 0 TO 10

VEN TULA 0 TO 15

SAT KUMBHA 0 TO 20

regards

kanak

>anant raichur <anant_1608 > > >Re: Orbs for Exaltation >Tue, 26 Apr 2005 22:58:33 -0700 (PDT)

> >The orb +/- has to be applied to Exaltation and Debilitation. Mooltrikona, has no defined Degree but only a Sign. I believe orbs will not apply there. >If mooltrikona has a definite degree in a sign, then the orb would be applicable. > >good luck > > >Rangarajan Krishnamoorthy <ranga wrote: > > >Dear Shri.Raichur, Tin Win: >I have been following the postings related to exaltation orbs. I >suppose the ORB has to be applied to all categories i.e., Exaltation, >Debilitation and Mooltrikona. Right? > >Regards, >Rangarajan > > > > > > > >

Guest guest

Dear Shri.Raichur, Tin Win:

I have been following the postings related to exaltation orbs. I

suppose the ORB has to be applied to all categories i.e., Exaltation,

Debilitation and Mooltrikona. Right?

Regards,

Rangarajan

Guest guest

The orb +/- has to be applied to Exaltation and Debilitation. Mooltrikona, has no defined Degree but only a Sign. I believe orbs will not apply there.

If mooltrikona has a definite degree in a sign, then the orb would be applicable.

good luck

Rangarajan Krishnamoorthy <ranga wrote:

Dear Shri.Raichur, Tin Win:I have been following the postings related to exaltation orbs. Isuppose the ORB has to be applied to all categories i.e., Exaltation,Debilitation and Mooltrikona. Right?Regards,Rangarajan

Guest guest

Friends,

I personally believe that Exaltation (uchcha) and Debilitation (neecha) has nothing to do with the Orb. In traditional astrology it is normally taken in full sign only. Exaltation and Debilitation is used even in divisional charts where exact degree of planet is not known.

A planet may be uchcha, even not at exact degree, though may not be param-uchcha. So we should use orb only in case of param-uchcha and param-neecha and it should not be used in case of uchcha and neecha. It is my opinion only.

Thanks & Regards,

Punit Pandey

On 4/27/05, Rangarajan Krishnamoorthy <ranga wrote:

Dear Shri.Raichur, Tin Win:I have been following the postings related to exaltation orbs. I

suppose the ORB has to be applied to all categories i.e., Exaltation,Debilitation and Mooltrikona. Right?Regards,Rangarajan

Guest guest

Dear Shri Raichur ji,

SUN SIMHA 0 TO 20

MOON VRISHABHA 4 TO 30

MAR MESHA 0 TO 12

MER KANYA 16 TO 20

JUP DHANU 0 TO 10

VEN TULA 0 TO 15

SAT KUMBHA 0 TO 20

regards

kanak

>anant raichur <anant_1608

>

>

>Re: Orbs for Exaltation

>Tue, 26 Apr 2005 22:58:33 -0700 (PDT)

>

>The orb +/- has to be applied to Exaltation and Debilitation. Mooltrikona, has no defined Degree but only a Sign. I believe orbs will not apply there.

>If mooltrikona has a definite degree in a sign, then the orb would be applicable.

>

>good luck

>

>

>Rangarajan Krishnamoorthy <ranga wrote:

>

>

>Dear Shri.Raichur, Tin Win:

>I have been following the postings related to exaltation orbs. I

>suppose the ORB has to be applied to all categories i.e., Exaltation,

>Debilitation and Mooltrikona. Right?

>

>Regards,

>Rangarajan

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Friends,

Just to add to Kanak ji's point. Sun is called in Mooltrikona from 0 to 20 degree and Swa-rasi (own sign) from 20 to 30 degree. Similary for other planets. The point is, even the Mooltrikona is degree dependant.

Regards,

Punit Pandey

Dear Shri Raichur ji,

SUN SIMHA 0 TO 20

MOON VRISHABHA 4 TO 30

MAR MESHA 0 TO 12

MER KANYA 16 TO 20

JUP DHANU 0 TO 10

VEN TULA 0 TO 15

SAT KUMBHA 0 TO 20

regards

kanak

>anant raichur <anant_1608 > > >Re: Orbs for Exaltation >Tue, 26 Apr 2005 22:58:33 -0700 (PDT)

> >The orb +/- has to be applied to Exaltation and Debilitation. Mooltrikona, has no defined Degree but only a Sign. I believe orbs will not apply there. >If mooltrikona has a definite degree in a sign, then the orb would be applicable. > >good luck > > >Rangarajan Krishnamoorthy <ranga wrote: > > >Dear Shri.Raichur, Tin Win: >I have been following the postings related to exaltation orbs. I >suppose the ORB has to be applied to all categories i.e., Exaltation, >Debilitation and Mooltrikona. Right? > >Regards, >Rangarajan > > > > > > > >

Guest guest

Dear Friends

Thanks for the information on Moola Trikona. This range of degrees, only indicates that the

planet has better strength, than when it is in Its own sign. These are again relative measures.

ERxaltaion is given at a Fixed Degeee in the sign. One is trying to use Orbs, to fix the

range in which the planet has very high strength.

Punit Pandey <punitp wrote:

Friends,

Regards,

Punit Pandey

Dear Shri Raichur ji,

SUN SIMHA 0 TO 20

MOON VRISHABHA 4 TO 30

MAR MESHA 0 TO 12

MER KANYA 16 TO 20

JUP DHANU 0 TO 10

VEN TULA 0 TO 15

SAT KUMBHA 0 TO 20

regards

kanak

Guest guest

Dear All,

For information, let me add abstracts from Bhrigu Sutras, Part I

below.

Best regards,

tw

Sun is exalted in Aries and debilitated in Libra. 10 degrees of

Aries is highest exaltation point and 10 degrees of Libra is his

lowest debilitation point. Initial 20 degrees portion of Leo is his

Mûlatrikona and the remaining 10 degrees is Swakshetra.

Moon's highest exaltation point is 3 degrees of Taurus and the

lowest debilitation point is 3 degrees of Scorpio. The first 3

degrees of Taurus constitute Moon's exaltation portion and the

remaining 27 degrees portion is her Mooltrikona. The whole of Cancer

is her swakshetra.

Mars is exalted in Capricorn, the highest exaltation point being 28

degrees of4hat sign. He is debilitated in Cancer, the lowest

debilitation point being 28 degrees of that sign. The first 12

degrees portion of Aries is his Mooltrikona and the rest is his

Swakshetra. The whole of Scorpio is also his Swakshetra.

Mercury is exalted in Virgo, the highest exaltation point being 15

degrees of Virgo. He is debilitated in Pisces, the lowest

debilitation point being 15 degrees of Pisces. The first 15 degrees

of Virgo is the exaltation portion of Virgo, 16 to 20 degrees

portion is his Mooltrikona and the rest is Swakshetra. The whole of

Gemini is also his Swakshetra.

Jupiter is exalted in Cancer, the highest exaltation point being 5

degrees of Cancer. He is debilitated in Capricorn, the lowest

debilitation being 5 degrees of Capricorn. First 5 degrees portion

of Sagittarius is his Mûltrikona and the rest is hi'-' Swakshetra-

The whole of Pisces is also his Swakshetra.

Venus is exalted in Pisces, the highest exaltation point being 27

degrees of Pisces. Venus is debilitated in Virgo, the lowest

debilitation point being 27 degrees of Virgo. First 20 degrees

portion of Libra is his Mûtrikona and he rest is his Swakshetra. The

whole of Taurus is also his Swakshetra.

Saturn is exalted in Libra, the highest exaltation point being 20

degrees of Libra. He is debilitated in Aries, the lowest

debilitation point being 20 degrees of Aries. For Saturn the first

20 degrees portion of Aquarius is his Mûltrikona and the rest is his

Swakshetra. The whole of Capricorn is also his swakshetra.

There is quite a controversy amongst the ancients about the signs

owned by Rahu and ketu and signs in which they are exalted and

debilitated. For example, according to Uttara Kalamrita an ancient

classic on Hindu Predictive Astrology Rahu is exalted in Taurus and

debilitated in Scorpio, vice versa of Ketu. This work also assigns

the sign Aquarius as owned by Rahu and Scorpio as owned by Ketu.

Mooltrikona of Rahu has been fixed as Gemini and Mooltrikona of Ketu

has been given as Virgo. Sanketnidhi another recognised work allots

Gemini as the exaltation sign of Rahu, Virgo as his own sign and

Sagittarius as the exaltation sign of Ketu and Pisces as its own

Sign. It is also believed that Rahu acts like Saturn and Ketu acts

like Mars.

, anant raichur <anant_1608>

wrote:

> Dear Friends

>

> Thanks for the information on Moola Trikona. This range of

degrees, only indicates that the

>

> planet has better strength, than when it is in Its own sign. These

are again relative measures.

>

> ERxaltaion is given at a Fixed Degeee in the sign. One is trying

to use Orbs, to fix the

>

> range in which the planet has very high strength.

>

>

>

> Punit Pandey <punitp@g...> wrote:

> Friends,

>

> Just to add to Kanak ji's point. Sun is called in Mooltrikona from

0 to 20 degree and Swa-rasi (own sign) from 20 to 30 degree.

Similary for other planets. The point is, even the Mooltrikona is

degree dependant.

>

> Regards,

>

> Punit Pandey

>

>

> On 4/27/05, Kanak Bosmia <kanbosastro@h...> wrote:

> Dear Shri Raichur ji,

>

> I found in JANMABHUMI MARGADARSHIKA edition:5th Page no: 20

(gujarti)

>

> Planet multrikoni rasi Multrikoni Degree.

>

> SUN SIMHA 0 TO 20

>

> MOON VRISHABHA 4 TO 30

>

> MAR MESHA 0 TO 12

>

> MER KANYA 16 TO 20

>

> JUP DHANU 0 TO 10

>

> VEN TULA 0 TO 15

>

> SAT KUMBHA 0 TO 20

>

>

>

> regards

>

> kanak

>

>

>

>

> >anant raichur <anant_1608>

> >

> >

> >Re: Orbs for Exaltation

> >Tue, 26 Apr 2005 22:58:33 -0700 (PDT)

> >

> >The orb +/- has to be applied to Exaltation and Debilitation.

Mooltrikona, has no defined Degree but only a Sign. I believe orbs

will not apply there.

> >If mooltrikona has a definite degree in a sign, then the orb

would be applicable.

> >

> >good luck

> >

> >

> >Rangarajan Krishnamoorthy <ranga@m...> wrote:

> >

> >

> >Dear Shri.Raichur, Tin Win:

> >I have been following the postings related to exaltation orbs. I

> >suppose the ORB has to be applied to all categories i.e.,

Exaltation,

> >Debilitation and Mooltrikona. Right?

> >

> >Regards,

> >Rangarajan

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

Guest guest

Raichur ji,

You are absolutely right. We need orb in case of exaltation and debilitation only.

Regards,

Punit Pandey

On 4/27/05, anant raichur <anant_1608 wrote:

Dear Friends

Thanks for the information on Moola Trikona. This range of degrees, only indicates that the

planet has better strength, than when it is in Its own sign. These are again relative measures.

ERxaltaion is given at a Fixed Degeee in the sign. One is trying to use Orbs, to fix the

Friends,

Regards,

Punit Pandey

On 4/27/05, Kanak Bosmia <kanbosastro

> wrote:

Dear Shri Raichur ji,

SUN SIMHA 0 TO 20

MOON VRISHABHA 4 TO 30

MAR MESHA 0 TO 12

MER KANYA 16 TO 20

JUP DHANU 0 TO 10

VEN TULA 0 TO 15

SAT KUMBHA 0 TO 20

regards

kanak

Guest guest

Dear Tin Win

Your posting is appreciated. Every serious student of Traditional Astrology is expected to

know this. However, I think, that ORB is a concept of western astrology. This is used in

the aspects. The idea is that the effect of the aspect will start from a certain degree, increase

in strength and reach a peak, at exact poin, and the start reducing tll it goes out a certain distance and has no influence.

Contrary to this the Hindoo system of aspects take the whole sign as effective.

I have read another view that suppose Sun is in Mesha 15 deg. Then his 7th aspect will

start from 15 deg Tula, and go upto 30 degrees there from. That means a positive ORB of 30

degrees. This from a Kannada Translation of Varamirs Brihat Jataka.

You have studied the Traditional system. Am I wrong in my views.

In the book BRIHAT JATAKA by Varaha Mir, translated by Usha-Sashi, Sagar Publications.

Page 22, in the Notes the translator says " Thje aspect extend to 15 deg on eitheir side of the

points noted above "

tw853 <tw853 wrote:

Dear All, For information, let me add abstracts from Bhrigu Sutras, Part I below.Best regards,twSun is exalted in Aries and debilitated in Libra. 10 degrees of Aries is highest exaltation point and 10 degrees of Libra is his lowest debilitation point. Initial 20 degrees portion of Leo is his Mûlatrikona and the remaining 10 degrees is Swakshetra.Moon's highest exaltation point is 3 degrees of Taurus and the lowest debilitation point is 3 degrees of Scorpio. The first 3 degrees of Taurus constitute Moon's exaltation portion and the remaining 27 degrees portion is her Mooltrikona. The whole of Cancer is her swakshetra.Mars is exalted in Capricorn, the highest exaltation point being 28 degrees of4hat sign. He is debilitated in Cancer, the lowest debilitation point being 28 degrees of that

sign. The first 12 degrees portion of Aries is his Mooltrikona and the rest is his Swakshetra. The whole of Scorpio is also his Swakshetra. Mercury is exalted in Virgo, the highest exaltation point being 15 degrees of Virgo. He is debilitated in Pisces, the lowest debilitation point being 15 degrees of Pisces. The first 15 degrees of Virgo is the exaltation portion of Virgo, 16 to 20 degrees portion is his Mooltrikona and the rest is Swakshetra. The whole of Gemini is also his Swakshetra.Jupiter is exalted in Cancer, the highest exaltation point being 5 degrees of Cancer. He is debilitated in Capricorn, the lowest debilitation being 5 degrees of Capricorn. First 5 degrees portion of Sagittarius is his Mûltrikona and the rest is hi'-' Swakshetra-The whole of Pisces is also his Swakshetra.Venus is exalted in Pisces, the highest exaltation point being 27 degrees of Pisces. Venus is debilitated in Virgo, the lowest

debilitation point being 27 degrees of Virgo. First 20 degrees portion of Libra is his Mûtrikona and he rest is his Swakshetra. The whole of Taurus is also his Swakshetra.Saturn is exalted in Libra, the highest exaltation point being 20 degrees of Libra. He is debilitated in Aries, the lowest debilitation point being 20 degrees of Aries. For Saturn the first 20 degrees portion of Aquarius is his Mûltrikona and the rest is his Swakshetra. The whole of Capricorn is also his swakshetra.There is quite a controversy amongst the ancients about the signs owned by Rahu and ketu and signs in which they are exalted and debilitated. For example, according to Uttara Kalamrita an ancient classic on Hindu Predictive Astrology Rahu is exalted in Taurus and debilitated in Scorpio, vice versa of Ketu. This work also assigns the sign Aquarius as owned by Rahu and Scorpio as owned by Ketu. Mooltrikona of Rahu has been fixed as Gemini

and Mooltrikona of Ketu has been given as Virgo. Sanketnidhi another recognised work allots Gemini as the exaltation sign of Rahu, Virgo as his own sign and Sagittarius as the exaltation sign of Ketu and Pisces as its own Sign. It is also believed that Rahu acts like Saturn and Ketu acts like Mars. , anant raichur wrote:> Dear Friends> > Thanks for the information on Moola Trikona. This range of degrees, only indicates that the > > planet has better strength, than when it is in Its own sign. These are again relative measures.> > ERxaltaion is given at a Fixed Degeee in the sign. One is trying to use Orbs, to fix the > > range in which the planet has very high strength. > > > > Punit Pandey wrote:> Friends,> > Just to add to Kanak ji's point. Sun is called

in Mooltrikona from 0 to 20 degree and Swa-rasi (own sign) from 20 to 30 degree. Similary for other planets. The point is, even the Mooltrikona is degree dependant. > > Regards,> > Punit Pandey> > > On 4/27/05, Kanak Bosmia wrote: > Dear Shri Raichur ji,> > I found in JANMABHUMI MARGADARSHIKA edition:5th Page no: 20(gujarti)> > Planet multrikoni rasi Multrikoni Degree.> > SUN SIMHA 0 TO 20> > MOON VRISHABHA 4 TO 30> > MAR MESHA 0 TO 12> > MER KANYA 16 TO 20> > JUP DHANU 0 TO 10> > VEN TULA 0 TO 15> > SAT KUMBHA 0 TO 20> > > > regards> > kanak> > > > > >anant raichur > > > > >

>Re: Orbs for Exaltation > >Tue, 26 Apr 2005 22:58:33 -0700 (PDT) > > > >The orb +/- has to be applied to Exaltation and Debilitation. Mooltrikona, has no defined Degree but only a Sign. I believe orbs will not apply there. > >If mooltrikona has a definite degree in a sign, then the orb would be applicable. > > > >good luck > > > > > >Rangarajan Krishnamoorthy wrote: > > > > > >Dear Shri.Raichur, Tin Win: > >I have been following the postings related to exaltation orbs. I > >suppose the ORB has to be applied to all categories i.e., Exaltation, > >Debilitation and Mooltrikona. Right? > > > >Regards, > >Rangarajan > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

Guest guest

Dear Friends

Friends,

Regards,

Punit Pandey

Dear Shri Raichur ji,

SUN SIMHA 0 TO 20

MOON VRISHABHA 4 TO 30

MAR MESHA 0 TO 12

MER KANYA 16 TO 20

JUP DHANU 0 TO 10

VEN TULA 0 TO 15

SAT KUMBHA 0 TO 20

regards

kanak

Guest guest

Dear All,

For information, let me add abstracts from Bhrigu Sutras, Part I

below.

Best regards,

tw

Sun is exalted in Aries and debilitated in Libra. 10 degrees of

Aries is highest exaltation point and 10 degrees of Libra is his

lowest debilitation point. Initial 20 degrees portion of Leo is his

Mûlatrikona and the remaining 10 degrees is Swakshetra.

Moon's highest exaltation point is 3 degrees of Taurus and the

lowest debilitation point is 3 degrees of Scorpio. The first 3

degrees of Taurus constitute Moon's exaltation portion and the

remaining 27 degrees portion is her Mooltrikona. The whole of Cancer

is her swakshetra.

Mars is exalted in Capricorn, the highest exaltation point being 28

degrees of4hat sign. He is debilitated in Cancer, the lowest

debilitation point being 28 degrees of that sign. The first 12

degrees portion of Aries is his Mooltrikona and the rest is his

Swakshetra. The whole of Scorpio is also his Swakshetra.

Mercury is exalted in Virgo, the highest exaltation point being 15

degrees of Virgo. He is debilitated in Pisces, the lowest

debilitation point being 15 degrees of Pisces. The first 15 degrees

of Virgo is the exaltation portion of Virgo, 16 to 20 degrees

portion is his Mooltrikona and the rest is Swakshetra. The whole of

Gemini is also his Swakshetra.

Jupiter is exalted in Cancer, the highest exaltation point being 5

degrees of Cancer. He is debilitated in Capricorn, the lowest

debilitation being 5 degrees of Capricorn. First 5 degrees portion

of Sagittarius is his Mûltrikona and the rest is hi'-' Swakshetra-

The whole of Pisces is also his Swakshetra.

Venus is exalted in Pisces, the highest exaltation point being 27

degrees of Pisces. Venus is debilitated in Virgo, the lowest

debilitation point being 27 degrees of Virgo. First 20 degrees

portion of Libra is his Mûtrikona and he rest is his Swakshetra. The

whole of Taurus is also his Swakshetra.

Saturn is exalted in Libra, the highest exaltation point being 20

degrees of Libra. He is debilitated in Aries, the lowest

debilitation point being 20 degrees of Aries. For Saturn the first

20 degrees portion of Aquarius is his Mûltrikona and the rest is his

Swakshetra. The whole of Capricorn is also his swakshetra.

There is quite a controversy amongst the ancients about the signs

owned by Rahu and ketu and signs in which they are exalted and

debilitated. For example, according to Uttara Kalamrita an ancient

classic on Hindu Predictive Astrology Rahu is exalted in Taurus and

debilitated in Scorpio, vice versa of Ketu. This work also assigns

the sign Aquarius as owned by Rahu and Scorpio as owned by Ketu.

Mooltrikona of Rahu has been fixed as Gemini and Mooltrikona of Ketu

has been given as Virgo. Sanketnidhi another recognised work allots

Gemini as the exaltation sign of Rahu, Virgo as his own sign and

Sagittarius as the exaltation sign of Ketu and Pisces as its own

Sign. It is also believed that Rahu acts like Saturn and Ketu acts

like Mars.

, anant raichur <anant_1608>

wrote:

> Dear Friends

>

> Thanks for the information on Moola Trikona. This range of

degrees, only indicates that the

>

> planet has better strength, than when it is in Its own sign. These

are again relative measures.

>

> ERxaltaion is given at a Fixed Degeee in the sign. One is trying

to use Orbs, to fix the

>

> range in which the planet has very high strength.

>

>

>

> Punit Pandey <punitp@g...> wrote:

> Friends,

>

> Just to add to Kanak ji's point. Sun is called in Mooltrikona from

0 to 20 degree and Swa-rasi (own sign) from 20 to 30 degree.

Similary for other planets. The point is, even the Mooltrikona is

degree dependant.

>

> Regards,

>

> Punit Pandey

>

>

> On 4/27/05, Kanak Bosmia <kanbosastro@h...> wrote:

> Dear Shri Raichur ji,

>

> I found in JANMABHUMI MARGADARSHIKA edition:5th Page no: 20

(gujarti)

>

> Planet multrikoni rasi Multrikoni Degree.

>

> SUN SIMHA 0 TO 20

>

> MOON VRISHABHA 4 TO 30

>

> MAR MESHA 0 TO 12

>

> MER KANYA 16 TO 20

>

> JUP DHANU 0 TO 10

>

> VEN TULA 0 TO 15

>

> SAT KUMBHA 0 TO 20

>

>

>

> regards

>

> kanak

>

>

>

>

> >anant raichur <anant_1608>

> >

> >

> >Re: Orbs for Exaltation

> >Tue, 26 Apr 2005 22:58:33 -0700 (PDT)

> >

> >The orb +/- has to be applied to Exaltation and Debilitation.

Mooltrikona, has no defined Degree but only a Sign. I believe orbs

will not apply there.

> >If mooltrikona has a definite degree in a sign, then the orb

would be applicable.

> >

> >good luck

> >

> >

> >Rangarajan Krishnamoorthy <ranga@m...> wrote:

> >

> >

> >Dear Shri.Raichur, Tin Win:

> >I have been following the postings related to exaltation orbs. I

> >suppose the ORB has to be applied to all categories i.e.,

Exaltation,

> >Debilitation and Mooltrikona. Right?

> >

> >Regards,

> >Rangarajan

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

Guest guest

Raichur ji,

You are absolutely right. We need orb in case of exaltation and debilitation only.

Regards,

Punit Pandey

On 4/27/05, anant raichur <anant_1608 wrote:

Dear Friends

Friends,

Regards,

Punit Pandey

On 4/27/05, Kanak Bosmia <kanbosastro

> wrote:

Dear Shri Raichur ji,

SUN SIMHA 0 TO 20

MOON VRISHABHA 4 TO 30

MAR MESHA 0 TO 12

MER KANYA 16 TO 20

JUP DHANU 0 TO 10

VEN TULA 0 TO 15

SAT KUMBHA 0 TO 20

regards

kanak

Guest guest

Dear Tin Win

Your posting is appreciated. Every serious student of Traditional Astrology is expected to

know this. However, I think, that ORB is a concept of western astrology. This is used in

the aspects. The idea is that the effect of the aspect will start from a certain degree, increase

in strength and reach a peak, at exact poin, and the start reducing tll it goes out a certain distance and has no influence.

Contrary to this the Hindoo system of aspects take the whole sign as effective.

I have read another view that suppose Sun is in Mesha 15 deg. Then his 7th aspect will

start from 15 deg Tula, and go upto 30 degrees there from. That means a positive ORB of 30

degrees. This from a Kannada Translation of Varamirs Brihat Jataka.

You have studied the Traditional system. Am I wrong in my views.

In the book BRIHAT JATAKA by Varaha Mir, translated by Usha-Sashi, Sagar Publications.

Page 22, in the Notes the translator says " Thje aspect extend to 15 deg on eitheir side of the

points noted above "

tw853 <tw853 wrote:

Dear All, For information, let me add abstracts from Bhrigu Sutras, Part I below.Best regards,twSun is exalted in Aries and debilitated in Libra. 10 degrees of Aries is highest exaltation point and 10 degrees of Libra is his lowest debilitation point. Initial 20 degrees portion of Leo is his Mûlatrikona and the remaining 10 degrees is Swakshetra.Moon's highest exaltation point is 3 degrees of Taurus and the lowest debilitation point is 3 degrees of Scorpio. The first 3 degrees of Taurus constitute Moon's exaltation portion and the remaining 27 degrees portion is her Mooltrikona. The whole of Cancer is her swakshetra.Mars is exalted in Capricorn, the highest exaltation point being 28 degrees of4hat sign. He is debilitated in Cancer, the lowest debilitation point being 28 degrees of that

sign. The first 12 degrees portion of Aries is his Mooltrikona and the rest is his Swakshetra. The whole of Scorpio is also his Swakshetra. Mercury is exalted in Virgo, the highest exaltation point being 15 degrees of Virgo. He is debilitated in Pisces, the lowest debilitation point being 15 degrees of Pisces. The first 15 degrees of Virgo is the exaltation portion of Virgo, 16 to 20 degrees portion is his Mooltrikona and the rest is Swakshetra. The whole of Gemini is also his Swakshetra.Jupiter is exalted in Cancer, the highest exaltation point being 5 degrees of Cancer. He is debilitated in Capricorn, the lowest debilitation being 5 degrees of Capricorn. First 5 degrees portion of Sagittarius is his Mûltrikona and the rest is hi'-' Swakshetra-The whole of Pisces is also his Swakshetra.Venus is exalted in Pisces, the highest exaltation point being 27 degrees of Pisces. Venus is debilitated in Virgo, the lowest

debilitation point being 27 degrees of Virgo. First 20 degrees portion of Libra is his Mûtrikona and he rest is his Swakshetra. The whole of Taurus is also his Swakshetra.Saturn is exalted in Libra, the highest exaltation point being 20 degrees of Libra. He is debilitated in Aries, the lowest debilitation point being 20 degrees of Aries. For Saturn the first 20 degrees portion of Aquarius is his Mûltrikona and the rest is his Swakshetra. The whole of Capricorn is also his swakshetra.There is quite a controversy amongst the ancients about the signs owned by Rahu and ketu and signs in which they are exalted and debilitated. For example, according to Uttara Kalamrita an ancient classic on Hindu Predictive Astrology Rahu is exalted in Taurus and debilitated in Scorpio, vice versa of Ketu. This work also assigns the sign Aquarius as owned by Rahu and Scorpio as owned by Ketu. Mooltrikona of Rahu has been fixed as Gemini

and Mooltrikona of Ketu has been given as Virgo. Sanketnidhi another recognised work allots Gemini as the exaltation sign of Rahu, Virgo as his own sign and Sagittarius as the exaltation sign of Ketu and Pisces as its own Sign. It is also believed that Rahu acts like Saturn and Ketu acts like Mars. , anant raichur wrote:> Dear Friends> > Thanks for the information on Moola Trikona. This range of degrees, only indicates that the > > planet has better strength, than when it is in Its own sign. These are again relative measures.> > ERxaltaion is given at a Fixed Degeee in the sign. One is trying to use Orbs, to fix the > > range in which the planet has very high strength. > > > > Punit Pandey wrote:> Friends,> > Just to add to Kanak ji's point. Sun is called

in Mooltrikona from 0 to 20 degree and Swa-rasi (own sign) from 20 to 30 degree. Similary for other planets. The point is, even the Mooltrikona is degree dependant. > > Regards,> > Punit Pandey> > > On 4/27/05, Kanak Bosmia wrote: > Dear Shri Raichur ji,> > I found in JANMABHUMI MARGADARSHIKA edition:5th Page no: 20(gujarti)> > Planet multrikoni rasi Multrikoni Degree.> > SUN SIMHA 0 TO 20> > MOON VRISHABHA 4 TO 30> > MAR MESHA 0 TO 12> > MER KANYA 16 TO 20> > JUP DHANU 0 TO 10> > VEN TULA 0 TO 15> > SAT KUMBHA 0 TO 20> > > > regards> > kanak> > > > > >anant raichur > > > > >

>Re: Orbs for Exaltation > >Tue, 26 Apr 2005 22:58:33 -0700 (PDT) > > > >The orb +/- has to be applied to Exaltation and Debilitation. Mooltrikona, has no defined Degree but only a Sign. I believe orbs will not apply there. > >If mooltrikona has a definite degree in a sign, then the orb would be applicable. > > > >good luck > > > > > >Rangarajan Krishnamoorthy wrote: > > > > > >Dear Shri.Raichur, Tin Win: > >I have been following the postings related to exaltation orbs. I > >suppose the ORB has to be applied to all categories i.e., Exaltation, > >Debilitation and Mooltrikona. Right? > > > >Regards, > >Rangarajan > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

Guest guest

Dear Sri Anant Raichur,

1. Thank you for explanation. Although we generally take

Moolatrikona as a whole sign, the segmants of the signs, for example

Leo 00-20 deg for Sun, Taurus 03-30 deg for Moon etc, where the

planet functions best are commonly shown in Traditional texts, even

in Astrosecrets, Part III, p 234. Of course, they are not ORBs.

2. As we all know, in Hindu aspects palnets aspect house as well as

other planets, whereas in Western no aspects to houses. In Hindu a

planet in 1 deg or 29 deg will aspect the entire 30 deg of a sign

without having any ORB as you mentioned. Naturally, the closer the

aspect is, the greater is the influence experienced, but even

aspects not within a tight ORB may produce a recognizable effect.

3. As I've mentioned before, I'll come back to this issue of

application of Western aspects after studying related materials.

Thanks and highest regards,

Tin Win

, anant raichur

<anant_1608> wrote:

> Dear Tin Win

>

> Your posting is appreciated. Every serious student of Traditional

Astrology is expected to

>

> know this. However, I think, that ORB is a concept of western

astrology. This is used in

>

> the aspects. The idea is that the effect of the aspect will start

from a certain degree, increase

>

> in strength and reach a peak, at exact poin, and the start

reducing tll it goes out a certain distance and has no influence.

>

> Contrary to this the Hindoo system of aspects take the whole sign

as effective.

>

> I have read another view that suppose Sun is in Mesha 15 deg.

Then his 7th aspect will

>

> start from 15 deg Tula, and go upto 30 degrees there from. That

means a positive ORB of 30

>

> degrees. This from a Kannada Translation of Varamirs Brihat Jataka.

>

> You have studied the Traditional system. Am I wrong in my views.

>

> In the book BRIHAT JATAKA by Varaha Mir, translated by Usha-Sashi,

Sagar Publications.

>

> Page 22, in the Notes the translator says " Thje aspect extend to

15 deg on eitheir side of the

>

> points noted above "

>

>

>

> tw853 <tw853> wrote:

>

>

> Dear All,

>

> For information, let me add abstracts from Bhrigu Sutras, Part I

> below.

>

> Best regards,

>

> tw

>

>

> Sun is exalted in Aries and debilitated in Libra. 10 degrees of

> Aries is highest exaltation point and 10 degrees of Libra is his

> lowest debilitation point. Initial 20 degrees portion of Leo is

his

> Mûlatrikona and the remaining 10 degrees is Swakshetra.

>

> Moon's highest exaltation point is 3 degrees of Taurus and the

> lowest debilitation point is 3 degrees of Scorpio. The first 3

> degrees of Taurus constitute Moon's exaltation portion and the

> remaining 27 degrees portion is her Mooltrikona. The whole of

Cancer

> is her swakshetra.

>

> Mars is exalted in Capricorn, the highest exaltation point being

> degrees of4hat sign. He is debilitated in Cancer, the lowest

> debilitation point being 28 degrees of that sign. The first 12

> degrees portion of Aries is his Mooltrikona and the rest is his

> Swakshetra. The whole of Scorpio is also his Swakshetra.

>

> Mercury is exalted in Virgo, the highest exaltation point being 15

> degrees of Virgo. He is debilitated in Pisces, the lowest

> debilitation point being 15 degrees of Pisces. The first 15

degrees

> of Virgo is the exaltation portion of Virgo, 16 to 20 degrees

> portion is his Mooltrikona and the rest is Swakshetra. The whole

of

> Gemini is also his Swakshetra.

>

> Jupiter is exalted in Cancer, the highest exaltation point being 5

> degrees of Cancer. He is debilitated in Capricorn, the lowest

> debilitation being 5 degrees of Capricorn. First 5 degrees portion

> of Sagittarius is his Mûltrikona and the rest is hi'-' Swakshetra-

> The whole of Pisces is also his Swakshetra.

>

> Venus is exalted in Pisces, the highest exaltation point being 27

> degrees of Pisces. Venus is debilitated in Virgo, the lowest

> debilitation point being 27 degrees of Virgo. First 20 degrees

> portion of Libra is his Mûtrikona and he rest is his Swakshetra.

The

> whole of Taurus is also his Swakshetra.

>

> Saturn is exalted in Libra, the highest exaltation point being 20

> degrees of Libra. He is debilitated in Aries, the lowest

> debilitation point being 20 degrees of Aries. For Saturn the first

> 20 degrees portion of Aquarius is his Mûltrikona and the rest is

his

> Swakshetra. The whole of Capricorn is also his swakshetra.

>

> There is quite a controversy amongst the ancients about the signs

> owned by Rahu and ketu and signs in which they are exalted and

> debilitated. For example, according to Uttara Kalamrita an ancient

> classic on Hindu Predictive Astrology Rahu is exalted in Taurus

and

> debilitated in Scorpio, vice versa of Ketu. This work also assigns

> the sign Aquarius as owned by Rahu and Scorpio as owned by Ketu.

> Mooltrikona of Rahu has been fixed as Gemini and Mooltrikona of

Ketu

> has been given as Virgo. Sanketnidhi another recognised work

allots

> Gemini as the exaltation sign of Rahu, Virgo as his own sign and

> Sagittarius as the exaltation sign of Ketu and Pisces as its own

> Sign. It is also believed that Rahu acts like Saturn and Ketu acts

> like Mars.

>

>

>

>

> , anant raichur

> wrote:

> > Dear Friends

> >

> > Thanks for the information on Moola Trikona. This range of

> degrees, only indicates that the

> >

> > planet has better strength, than when it is in Its own sign.

These

> are again relative measures.

> >

> > ERxaltaion is given at a Fixed Degeee in the sign. One is trying

> to use Orbs, to fix the

> >

> > range in which the planet has very high strength.

> >

> >

> >

> > Punit Pandey

> wrote:

> > Friends,

> >

> > Just to add to Kanak ji's point. Sun is called in Mooltrikona

from

> 0 to 20 degree and Swa-rasi (own sign) from 20 to 30 degree.

> Similary for other planets. The point is, even the Mooltrikona is

> degree dependant.

> >

> > Regards,

> >

> > Punit Pandey

> >

> >

> > On 4/27/05, Kanak Bosmia wrote:

> > Dear Shri Raichur ji,

> >

> > I found in JANMABHUMI MARGADARSHIKA edition:5th Page no: 20

> (gujarti)

> >

> > Planet multrikoni rasi Multrikoni Degree.

> >

> > SUN SIMHA 0 TO 20

> >

> > MOON VRISHABHA 4 TO 30

> >

> > MAR MESHA 0 TO 12

> >

> > MER KANYA 16 TO 20

> >

> > JUP DHANU 0 TO 10

> >

> > VEN TULA 0 TO 15

> >

> > SAT KUMBHA 0 TO 20

> >

> >

> >

> > regards

> >

> > kanak

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > >anant raichur

> > >

> > >

> > >Re: Orbs for Exaltation

> > >Tue, 26 Apr 2005 22:58:33 -0700 (PDT)

> > >

> > >The orb +/- has to be applied to Exaltation and Debilitation.

> Mooltrikona, has no defined Degree but only a Sign. I believe orbs

> will not apply there.

> > >If mooltrikona has a definite degree in a sign, then the orb

> would be applicable.

> > >

> > >good luck

> > >

> > >

> > >Rangarajan Krishnamoorthy wrote:

> > >

> > >

> > >Dear Shri.Raichur, Tin Win:

> > >I have been following the postings related to exaltation orbs.

I

> > >suppose the ORB has to be applied to all categories i.e.,

> Exaltation,

> > >Debilitation and Mooltrikona. Right?

> > >

> > >Regards,

> > >Rangarajan

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

Guest guest

Dear Sri Anant Raichur,

1. Thank you for explanation. Although we generally take

Moolatrikona as a whole sign, the segmants of the signs, for example

Leo 00-20 deg for Sun, Taurus 03-30 deg for Moon etc, where the

planet functions best are commonly shown in Traditional texts, even

in Astrosecrets, Part III, p 234. Of course, they are not ORBs.

2. As we all know, in Hindu aspects palnets aspect house as well as

other planets, whereas in Western no aspects to houses. In Hindu a

planet in 1 deg or 29 deg will aspect the entire 30 deg of a sign

without having any ORB as you mentioned. Naturally, the closer the

aspect is, the greater is the influence experienced, but even

aspects not within a tight ORB may produce a recognizable effect.

3. As I've mentioned before, I'll come back to this issue of

application of Western aspects after studying related materials.

Thanks and highest regards,

Tin Win

, anant raichur

<anant_1608> wrote:

> Dear Tin Win

>

> Your posting is appreciated. Every serious student of Traditional

Astrology is expected to

>

> know this. However, I think, that ORB is a concept of western

astrology. This is used in

>

> the aspects. The idea is that the effect of the aspect will start

from a certain degree, increase

>

> in strength and reach a peak, at exact poin, and the start

reducing tll it goes out a certain distance and has no influence.

>

> Contrary to this the Hindoo system of aspects take the whole sign

as effective.

>

> I have read another view that suppose Sun is in Mesha 15 deg.

Then his 7th aspect will

>

> start from 15 deg Tula, and go upto 30 degrees there from. That

means a positive ORB of 30

>

> degrees. This from a Kannada Translation of Varamirs Brihat Jataka.

>

> You have studied the Traditional system. Am I wrong in my views.

>

> In the book BRIHAT JATAKA by Varaha Mir, translated by Usha-Sashi,

Sagar Publications.

>

> Page 22, in the Notes the translator says " Thje aspect extend to

15 deg on eitheir side of the

>

> points noted above "

>

>

>

> tw853 <tw853> wrote:

>

>

> Dear All,

>

> For information, let me add abstracts from Bhrigu Sutras, Part I

> below.

>

> Best regards,

>

> tw

>

>

> Sun is exalted in Aries and debilitated in Libra. 10 degrees of

> Aries is highest exaltation point and 10 degrees of Libra is his

> lowest debilitation point. Initial 20 degrees portion of Leo is

his

> Mûlatrikona and the remaining 10 degrees is Swakshetra.

>

> Moon's highest exaltation point is 3 degrees of Taurus and the

> lowest debilitation point is 3 degrees of Scorpio. The first 3

> degrees of Taurus constitute Moon's exaltation portion and the

> remaining 27 degrees portion is her Mooltrikona. The whole of

Cancer

> is her swakshetra.

>

> Mars is exalted in Capricorn, the highest exaltation point being

> degrees of4hat sign. He is debilitated in Cancer, the lowest

> debilitation point being 28 degrees of that sign. The first 12

> degrees portion of Aries is his Mooltrikona and the rest is his

> Swakshetra. The whole of Scorpio is also his Swakshetra.

>

> Mercury is exalted in Virgo, the highest exaltation point being 15

> degrees of Virgo. He is debilitated in Pisces, the lowest

> debilitation point being 15 degrees of Pisces. The first 15

degrees

> of Virgo is the exaltation portion of Virgo, 16 to 20 degrees

> portion is his Mooltrikona and the rest is Swakshetra. The whole

of

> Gemini is also his Swakshetra.

>

> Jupiter is exalted in Cancer, the highest exaltation point being 5

> degrees of Cancer. He is debilitated in Capricorn, the lowest

> debilitation being 5 degrees of Capricorn. First 5 degrees portion

> of Sagittarius is his Mûltrikona and the rest is hi'-' Swakshetra-

> The whole of Pisces is also his Swakshetra.

>

> Venus is exalted in Pisces, the highest exaltation point being 27

> degrees of Pisces. Venus is debilitated in Virgo, the lowest

> debilitation point being 27 degrees of Virgo. First 20 degrees

> portion of Libra is his Mûtrikona and he rest is his Swakshetra.

The

> whole of Taurus is also his Swakshetra.

>

> Saturn is exalted in Libra, the highest exaltation point being 20

> degrees of Libra. He is debilitated in Aries, the lowest

> debilitation point being 20 degrees of Aries. For Saturn the first

> 20 degrees portion of Aquarius is his Mûltrikona and the rest is

his

> Swakshetra. The whole of Capricorn is also his swakshetra.

>

> There is quite a controversy amongst the ancients about the signs

> owned by Rahu and ketu and signs in which they are exalted and

> debilitated. For example, according to Uttara Kalamrita an ancient

> classic on Hindu Predictive Astrology Rahu is exalted in Taurus

and

> debilitated in Scorpio, vice versa of Ketu. This work also assigns

> the sign Aquarius as owned by Rahu and Scorpio as owned by Ketu.

> Mooltrikona of Rahu has been fixed as Gemini and Mooltrikona of

Ketu

> has been given as Virgo. Sanketnidhi another recognised work

allots

> Gemini as the exaltation sign of Rahu, Virgo as his own sign and

> Sagittarius as the exaltation sign of Ketu and Pisces as its own

> Sign. It is also believed that Rahu acts like Saturn and Ketu acts

> like Mars.

>

>

>

>

> , anant raichur

> wrote:

> > Dear Friends

> >

> > Thanks for the information on Moola Trikona. This range of

> degrees, only indicates that the

> >

> > planet has better strength, than when it is in Its own sign.

These

> are again relative measures.

> >

> > ERxaltaion is given at a Fixed Degeee in the sign. One is trying

> to use Orbs, to fix the

> >

> > range in which the planet has very high strength.

> >

> >

> >

> > Punit Pandey

> wrote:

> > Friends,

> >

> > Just to add to Kanak ji's point. Sun is called in Mooltrikona

from

> 0 to 20 degree and Swa-rasi (own sign) from 20 to 30 degree.

> Similary for other planets. The point is, even the Mooltrikona is

> degree dependant.

> >

> > Regards,

> >

> > Punit Pandey

> >

> >

> > On 4/27/05, Kanak Bosmia wrote:

> > Dear Shri Raichur ji,

> >

> > I found in JANMABHUMI MARGADARSHIKA edition:5th Page no: 20

> (gujarti)

> >

> > Planet multrikoni rasi Multrikoni Degree.

> >

> > SUN SIMHA 0 TO 20

> >

> > MOON VRISHABHA 4 TO 30

> >

> > MAR MESHA 0 TO 12

> >

> > MER KANYA 16 TO 20

> >

> > JUP DHANU 0 TO 10

> >

> > VEN TULA 0 TO 15

> >

> > SAT KUMBHA 0 TO 20

> >

> >

> >

> > regards

> >

> > kanak

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > >anant raichur

> > >

> > >

> > >Re: Orbs for Exaltation

> > >Tue, 26 Apr 2005 22:58:33 -0700 (PDT)

> > >

> > >The orb +/- has to be applied to Exaltation and Debilitation.

> Mooltrikona, has no defined Degree but only a Sign. I believe orbs

> will not apply there.

> > >If mooltrikona has a definite degree in a sign, then the orb

> would be applicable.

> > >

> > >good luck

> > >

> > >

> > >Rangarajan Krishnamoorthy wrote:

> > >

> > >

> > >Dear Shri.Raichur, Tin Win:

> > >I have been following the postings related to exaltation orbs.

I

> > >suppose the ORB has to be applied to all categories i.e.,

> Exaltation,

> > >Debilitation and Mooltrikona. Right?

> > >

> > >Regards,

> > >Rangarajan

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >