IndiaDivine.org

Accuracy of birth time

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Accuracy of Birth time

The KP system requires that the birth time be indicated very accurately to get correct predictions. This requirement stems from the fact the Bhava cusp lord would decide whether the native would get desirable results from that Bhava. As a result of this if the birth time is not accurate the predicted result may be 100% wrong.

There has been very intense discussion at this forum regarding birth time rectification. Two methods were discussed and conclusion was that the moon connection to Lagna was totally unreliable. The other method discussed was based on Ruling Planets. I am personally not for this method as this is likely to give different results if the same method is repeated at different points of time. The greatest handicap in astrological predictions is the difficulty in reproduction of results for experiments conducted under identical conditions.

One suggestion was to check the birth time with respect to mothers chart. This would require that mothers chart would have to be rectified. Then we will have to look at mother’s mother’s chart…..! This is obviously not practicable.

The other suggestion that came in the forum from many a member is to check the birth time with respect to life events. Though this appears to be the best method, it has its fare share of difficulties. First is the difficulty in choosing an event that would take place in majority of people, which would take place at as early age as possible. The second difficulty is that this method cannot be chosen for babies that are just born.

In any case, the last method appears to be most practicable and accurate, provided we are able standardize some events and method to verify the same.

What is the accuracy required? The fastest moving point in the zodiac is the Lagna. Sun as Lagna sub lord will prevail for the shortest time. All Lagnas are not of equal duration. Meena Lagna is just about 90 minutes in duration. That is, for the Lagna to advance by one degree of longitude it would take only 3 minutes. That is, the shortest cusp duration (that of Sun, the cusp longitudinal distance of 40’) will be only 2 minutes. Two minutes of difference can change the cusp from Sun either to Venus or Moon. Hence, when Moon or Venus is cusp lord of any Bhava, KP astrologer should become alert towards the birth time even more.

Considering that the accuracy required is very crucial to correct predictions, I think that we should continue the discussions and arrive at a list of events and an agreed method to verify these events. Otherwise, there is always the danger of we misleading our clients.

The events may have to be chosen which have relevance to different Bhavas, and check with the cusp lords for their correctness. This may be easier said than done, but since there are many experienced members in the forum, finding correct birth time might still be a good possibility.

I request the enlightened members to give their views.

Regards,Udupa

Sports Rekindle the Rivalries. Sign up for Fantasy Football

Guest guest

Dear Udupa,

You have correctly recalled some of the past discussions regarding

birth time rectification. The following were also noted by some members:

1) Since birth time is crucial to prediction based on natal charts,

horary is generally preferred in a majority of the cases.

2) In addition to life events, one can also use personality traits and

physical characteristics to rectify birth time.

I feel that even if we are not able to apply event-based rectification

to babies, to the extent the technique is applicable, we should

perfect it and apply it in those cases where it is applicable. I feel

sad that even after so many years we have not found a reliable

technique (other than RP).

Regards,

Rangarajan

, AH Udupa <ahudupa> wrote:

> Accuracy of Birth time

>

>

> The KP system requires that the birth time be indicated very

accurately to get correct predictions. This requirement stems from the

fact the Bhava cusp lord would decide whether the native would get

desirable results from that Bhava. As a result of this if the birth

time is not accurate the predicted result may be 100% wrong.

>

> There has been very intense discussion at this forum regarding birth

time rectification. Two methods were discussed and conclusion was that

the moon connection to Lagna was totally unreliable. The other method

discussed was based on Ruling Planets. I am personally not for this

method as this is likely to give different results if the same method

is repeated at different points of time. The greatest handicap in

astrological predictions is the difficulty in reproduction of results

for experiments conducted under identical conditions.

>

> One suggestion was to check the birth time with respect to mothers

chart. This would require that mothers chart would have to be

rectified. Then we will have to look at mother's mother's chart…..!

This is obviously not practicable.

>

> The other suggestion that came in the forum from many a member is to

check the birth time with respect to life events. Though this appears

to be the best method, it has its fare share of difficulties. First is

the difficulty in choosing an event that would take place in majority

of people, which would take place at as early age as possible. The

second difficulty is that this method cannot be chosen for babies that

are just born.

>

> In any case, the last method appears to be most practicable and

accurate, provided we are able standardize some events and method to

verify the same.

>

> What is the accuracy required? The fastest moving point in the

zodiac is the Lagna. Sun as Lagna sub lord will prevail for the

shortest time. All Lagnas are not of equal duration. Meena Lagna is

just about 90 minutes in duration. That is, for the Lagna to advance

by one degree of longitude it would take only 3 minutes. That is, the

shortest cusp duration (that of Sun, the cusp longitudinal distance of

40') will be only 2 minutes. Two minutes of difference can change the

cusp from Sun either to Venus or Moon. Hence, when Moon or Venus is

cusp lord of any Bhava, KP astrologer should become alert towards the

birth time even more.

>

> Considering that the accuracy required is very crucial to correct

predictions, I think that we should continue the discussions and

arrive at a list of events and an agreed method to verify these

events. Otherwise, there is always the danger of we misleading our

clients.

>

> The events may have to be chosen which have relevance to different

Bhavas, and check with the cusp lords for their correctness. This may

be easier said than done, but since there are many experienced members

in the forum, finding correct birth time might still be a good

possibility.

>

> I request the enlightened members to give their views.

>

> Regards,

> Udupa

>

>

>

> Sports

> Rekindle the Rivalries. Sign up for Fantasy Football

Guest guest

Hello,

I am a complete newcomer to the KP system, although I

have some background in vedic astrology. My background

is western classical astrology.

I am very interested in learning the KP system and am

enjoying reading the posts on this list.

On the topic of birth time accuracy, I have an

interesting predicament and, if the list would allow,

I would like to offer my chart as a topic(wouldn't we

all!!).

My chart details:

1 January 1966

6:32 am(I think)

Washington DC

Sagittarius Lagna

Moon Aries

I am an adopted child and met my birth mother when I

was 32, 29 April 1998. At this point in my life I had

been practicing astrology for about 6 years and was

under the impression that I was born around midnight

on 1 January, which gave me a Virgo rising chart.

On speaking with my birth mother I was informed that I

was actually born around 6 am in the morning! I then

changed my natal chart to the time listed above.

Having never actually seen the actual time listed on

my birth certificate, I obtained a copy and saw to my

surprise a time of 6:32 pm!!

So, esteemed gentlemen, I'm wondering if anyone would

be interested in looking at the two possibilities in

conjunction with the events that I will list below.

In February of 1980, at 14, I fell in love with a

neighbor and was involved in a scandal that involved

my parents and my school.

On 14 May 1994, I moved in with a friend to take care

of him until his death on 4 February 1995.

On 29 April 1998 my birth mother called and introduced

herself to me, which began our present relationship.

On 19 August 2003, I came to Thailand to stay for two

months and am still living here.

I'm very interested in this thread of birth time

accuracy and hope that someone on the list will find

me an interesting " lab rat " .

Best Wishes to All.

Antoine

The KP system requires that the birth time be

indicated very accurately

to get correct predictions. This requirement stems

from the fact the

Bhava cusp lord would decide whether the native would

get desirable

results from that Bhava. As a result of this if the

birth time is not

accurate the predicted result may be 100% wrong.

There has been very intense discussion at this forum

regarding birth

time rectification. Two methods were discussed and

conclusion was that

the moon connection to Lagna was totally unreliable.

The other method

discussed was based on Ruling Planets. I am personally

not for this method

as this is likely to give different results if the

same method is

repeated at different points of time. The greatest

handicap in astrological

predictions is the difficulty in reproduction of

results for

experiments conducted under identical conditions.

One suggestion was to check the birth time with

respect to mothers

chart. This would require that mothers chart would

have to be rectified.

Then we will have to look at mother’s mother’s

chart…..! This is

obviously not practicable.

The other suggestion that came in the forum from many

a member is to

check the birth time with respect to life events.

Though this appears to

be the best method, it has its fare share of

difficulties. First is the

difficulty in choosing an event that would take place

in majority of

people, which would take place at as early age as

possible. The second

difficulty is that this method cannot be chosen for

babies that are just

born.

In any case, the last method appears to be most

practicable and

accurate, provided we are able standardize some events

and method to verify

the same.

What is the accuracy required? The fastest moving

point in the zodiac

is the Lagna. Sun as Lagna sub lord will prevail for

the shortest time.

All Lagnas are not of equal duration. Meena Lagna is

just about 90

minutes in duration. That is, for the Lagna to advance

by one degree of

longitude it would take only 3 minutes. That is, the

shortest cusp

duration (that of Sun, the cusp longitudinal distance

of 40’) will be only 2

minutes. Two minutes of difference can change the cusp

from Sun either

to Venus or Moon. Hence, when Moon or Venus is cusp

lord of any Bhava,

KP astrologer should become alert towards the birth

time even more.

Considering that the accuracy required is very crucial

to correct

predictions, I think that we should continue the

discussions and arrive at a

list of events and an agreed method to verify these

events. Otherwise,

there is always the danger of we misleading our

clients.

The events may have to be chosen which have relevance

to different

Bhavas, and check with the cusp lords for their

correctness. This may be

easier said than done, but since there are many

experienced members in

the forum, finding correct birth time might still be a

good possibility.

I request the enlightened members to give their views.

Regards,

Udupa

Guest guest

Dear Antoine

I checked both 6,32 am and 6,32 pm using Ruling Planets method. The 6,32 PM time is

the correct time. I further corrected this time, considering your Shift to Thailand, and the fact

that you are adopted. This gives the correct time as 6,35 PM. For this time the 4th and

10th sublord is JUP , and he is in Gemini, a double bodied sign, shows your adoption.

good luck

Antoine Garth <dionys1 wrote:

Hello,I am a complete newcomer to the KP system, although Ihave some background in vedic astrology. My backgroundis western classical astrology.I am very interested in learning the KP system and amenjoying reading the posts on this list. On the topic of birth time accuracy, I have aninteresting predicament and, if the list would allow,I would like to offer my chart as a topic(wouldn't weall!!). My chart details:1 January 19666:32 am(I think)Washington DCSagittarius LagnaMoon AriesI am an adopted child and met my birth mother when Iwas 32, 29 April 1998. At this point in my life I hadbeen practicing astrology for about 6 years and wasunder the impression that I was born around midnighton 1 January, which gave me a Virgo rising chart.On speaking with my birth mother I was

informed that Iwas actually born around 6 am in the morning! I thenchanged my natal chart to the time listed above.Having never actually seen the actual time listed onmy birth certificate, I obtained a copy and saw to mysurprise a time of 6:32 pm!!So, esteemed gentlemen, I'm wondering if anyone wouldbe interested in looking at the two possibilities inconjunction with the events that I will list below.In February of 1980, at 14, I fell in love with aneighbor and was involved in a scandal that involvedmy parents and my school.On 14 May 1994, I moved in with a friend to take careof him until his death on 4 February 1995.On 29 April 1998 my birth mother called and introducedherself to me, which began our present relationship.On 19 August 2003, I came to Thailand to stay for twomonths and am still living here.I'm very interested in this thread of birth timeaccuracy and hope that someone on

the list will findme an interesting "lab rat".Best Wishes to All.AntoineThe KP system requires that the birth time beindicated very accurately to get correct predictions. This requirement stemsfrom the fact the Bhava cusp lord would decide whether the native wouldget desirable results from that Bhava. As a result of this if thebirth time is not accurate the predicted result may be 100% wrong.There has been very intense discussion at this forumregarding birth time rectification. Two methods were discussed andconclusion was that the moon connection to Lagna was totally unreliable.The other method discussed was based on Ruling Planets. I am personallynot for this method as this is likely to give different results if thesame method is repeated at different points of time. The greatesthandicap in astrological predictions is the difficulty in reproduction

ofresults for experiments conducted under identical conditions.One suggestion was to check the birth time withrespect to mothers chart. This would require that mothers chart wouldhave to be rectified. Then we will have to look at mother’s mother’schart…..! This is obviously not practicable.The other suggestion that came in the forum from manya member is to check the birth time with respect to life events.Though this appears to be the best method, it has its fare share ofdifficulties. First is the difficulty in choosing an event that would take placein majority of people, which would take place at as early age aspossible. The second difficulty is that this method cannot be chosen forbabies that are just born. In any case, the last method appears to be mostpracticable and accurate, provided we are able standardize some eventsand method to verify the same.What

is the accuracy required? The fastest movingpoint in the zodiac is the Lagna. Sun as Lagna sub lord will prevail forthe shortest time. All Lagnas are not of equal duration. Meena Lagna isjust about 90 minutes in duration. That is, for the Lagna to advanceby one degree of longitude it would take only 3 minutes. That is, theshortest cusp duration (that of Sun, the cusp longitudinal distanceof 40’) will be only 2 minutes. Two minutes of difference can change the cuspfrom Sun either to Venus or Moon. Hence, when Moon or Venus is cusplord of any Bhava, KP astrologer should become alert towards the birthtime even more.Considering that the accuracy required is very crucialto correct predictions, I think that we should continue thediscussions and arrive at a list of events and an agreed method to verify theseevents. Otherwise, there is always the danger of we misleading

ourclients.The events may have to be chosen which have relevanceto different Bhavas, and check with the cusp lords for theircorrectness. This may be easier said than done, but since there are manyexperienced members in the forum, finding correct birth time might still be agood possibility. I request the enlightened members to give their views.Regards,Udupa

Guest guest

Dear shri Rangarajan,

However useful any answering querries, horary and ruling planet methods are employable as a one time operation. In most of the acasions, when a querry is answered by way of hoarary, the question ceases to exist any more.

In the case of determining birth time accuracy, if different astologers examine the same chart at different points of time all should arive at the same numbers as the birth time. In fact that is what you were trying to do with your random no generation program. This, as you know did not find the acceptance of any member.

Therfore, I would have great reservation in calling RP method as reliable- scientifically.

I am thankful to you for adding the methods sugested by members to the list I made.

I feel, perhaps, the same way as you do--sometimes finding some of these things(vagueness in writings for example) as frustrating and sometimes feeling helpless.

Please do not give up. I feel we must make a list of events to chose from for verification.

Regards,

udupa

Rangarajan Krishnamoorthy <ranga wrote:

Dear Udupa,You have correctly recalled some of the past discussions regardingbirth time rectification. The following were also noted by some members:1) Since birth time is crucial to prediction based on natal charts,horary is generally preferred in a majority of the cases.2) In addition to life events, one can also use personality traits andphysical characteristics to rectify birth time.I feel that even if we are not able to apply event-based rectificationto babies, to the extent the technique is applicable, we shouldperfect it and apply it in those cases where it is applicable. I feelsad that even after so many years we have not found a reliabletechnique (other than RP).Regards,Rangarajan , AH Udupa <ahudupa> wrote:> Accuracy of Birth time> >

> The KP system requires that the birth time be indicated veryaccurately to get correct predictions. This requirement stems from thefact the Bhava cusp lord would decide whether the native would getdesirable results from that Bhava. As a result of this if the birthtime is not accurate the predicted result may be 100% wrong.> > There has been very intense discussion at this forum regarding birthtime rectification. Two methods were discussed and conclusion was thatthe moon connection to Lagna was totally unreliable. The other methoddiscussed was based on Ruling Planets. I am personally not for thismethod as this is likely to give different results if the same methodis repeated at different points of time. The greatest handicap inastrological predictions is the difficulty in reproduction of resultsfor experiments conducted under identical conditions.> > One suggestion was to check the birth time with respect

to motherschart. This would require that mothers chart would have to berectified. Then we will have to look at mother's mother's chart…..!This is obviously not practicable.> > The other suggestion that came in the forum from many a member is tocheck the birth time with respect to life events. Though this appearsto be the best method, it has its fare share of difficulties. First isthe difficulty in choosing an event that would take place in majorityof people, which would take place at as early age as possible. Thesecond difficulty is that this method cannot be chosen for babies thatare just born. > > In any case, the last method appears to be most practicable andaccurate, provided we are able standardize some events and method toverify the same.> > What is the accuracy required? The fastest moving point in thezodiac is the Lagna. Sun as Lagna sub lord will prevail for theshortest time.

All Lagnas are not of equal duration. Meena Lagna isjust about 90 minutes in duration. That is, for the Lagna to advanceby one degree of longitude it would take only 3 minutes. That is, theshortest cusp duration (that of Sun, the cusp longitudinal distance of40') will be only 2 minutes. Two minutes of difference can change thecusp from Sun either to Venus or Moon. Hence, when Moon or Venus iscusp lord of any Bhava, KP astrologer should become alert towards thebirth time even more.> > Considering that the accuracy required is very crucial to correctpredictions, I think that we should continue the discussions andarrive at a list of events and an agreed method to verify theseevents. Otherwise, there is always the danger of we misleading ourclients.> > The events may have to be chosen which have relevance to differentBhavas, and check with the cusp lords for their correctness. This maybe easier said

than done, but since there are many experienced membersin the forum, finding correct birth time might still be a goodpossibility. > > I request the enlightened members to give their views.> > Regards,> Udupa> > > > Sports> Rekindle the Rivalries. Sign up for Fantasy Football