IndiaDivine.org

Standardization of of symbols

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Members,

At the onset of NewYear,First let me congratulate the Members and show appreciation of Learned members,Healthy discussions and research orientation that distinguishes this group from all others.

I have been serious readers of mails on the group.

My consistent observation is different words used for same meaning.Ofcourse some of them can be understood with basic knowledge of Astrology,but some symbols used can lead to serious misunderstanding and confusion to serous beginners,this being specially true for KP System.

For example,take the following mail on group site:

(Example does not mean any disregard to Shri kanakji whose contribution is exemplery,there are other examples by many,this is just an illustration to bring out the point made by me)

---------

Re: Regarding Love marriage Posted by: "Kanak Bosmia" kanakbosmia kanakbosmia Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:02 am (PST) Dear Satish ji and Abhay ji,

1) If 5th SL signfies 2,11 the native fall in love.2) If 5th CSL signfies 7,11 there is a possibility of Love Marriage.3) If 5th CSK signfies 6,12 Native never marriage aperson whom he/she love.(A) If

5th SL sognfies 6th oponent break this love affair.(B) If 5th SL sognfies 12th Native

Him self break this love affair.4) If 7th SL signifes 5,11 then love affair will be materialize in marriage.5) If 5th Sl Conected with RAH or KET intercast,Interstate or inter religious,

Marriage will be possible.

This is all what i know about Love marriage.

One have to do research on this subject.

RegardsKanak Bosmia

--------------

Here SL can mean signLord,StarLord,SubLord.

Same case with CSL.

This type of ambiguity has been seen in many mails written by different members.

Although with some knowledge one can interprete intendd meaning,still however it will be good practice to stanrdidise the shortforms/symbols like:

SgnL for sign Lord,Stl for starLord,Sbl for star lord and so on where there is possibility of ambiguity.

This is my urnest request to all members and seniors,Moderator of theis Group.

I am sure you will appreciate the concern.

Riddhi Find a local pizza place, music store, museum and more…then map the best route!

Dear Bipin,When SL is written wrt cusp it means Sub Lord. For Star Lord the abbreviation is STL. Please do not get confused. While referring to the Planet two more abbreviations are used, Sub and Sub-Sub. This sub of a Planet which means which space the starlord of the planet is located. This is further divided into sub-sub for certain calculations, especially for correcting time of birth and also for predicting exact time of any occurance of an event. It is like the sookshma level of a Dasa.

It does take time to understand the various short forms and thier usage. If you refer to all the books on KP, these are the generally used short forms. I do understand the confusions the students have in the beginning. Most of the books authored by Tamil speaking KP masters are direct translation of thier thoughts in thier own language translated in English. Hence the subject is heavy and the sentences are too long some times. As a student of KP, I had to read every line 10 times to understand what the author means.But there is no choice. As we go further in the matter and try to understand the way way the KP masters describe, the subject becomes clear. I dont think the KP masters are going to change thier ways of writing or prediction. This I write in all modesty and due respect to the masters.

V.Ramachandran.On 10/25/06, Bipin Vasavada <bipin_riddhi wrote:

Dear Members,

At the onset of NewYear,First let me congratulate the Members and show appreciation of Learned members,Healthy discussions and research orientation that distinguishes this group from all others.

My consistent observation is different words used for same meaning.Ofcourse some of them can be understood with basic knowledge of Astrology,but some symbols used can lead to serious misunderstanding and confusion to serous beginners,this being specially true for KP System.

(Example does not mean any disregard to Shri kanakji whose contribution is exemplery,there are other examples by many,this is just an illustration to bring out the point made by me)

---------

Re: Regarding Love marriage Posted by: " Kanak Bosmia " kanakbosmia kanakbosmia Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:02 am (PST) Dear Satish ji and Abhay ji,

1) If 5th SL signfies 2,11 the native fall in love.2) If 5th CSL signfies 7,11 there is a possibility of Love Marriage.3) If 5th CSK signfies 6,12 Native never marriage aperson whom he/she love.(A) If

5th SL sognfies 6th oponent break this love affair.(B) If 5th SL sognfies 12th Native

Him self break this love affair.4) If 7th SL signifes 5,11 then love affair will be materialize in marriage.5) If 5th Sl Conected with RAH or KET intercast,Interstate or inter religious,

RegardsKanak Bosmia

--------------

Same case with CSL.

This type of ambiguity has been seen in many mails written by different members.

Although with some knowledge one can interprete intendd meaning,still however it will be good practice to stanrdidise the shortforms/symbols like:

SgnL for sign Lord,Stl for starLord,Sbl for star lord and so on where there is possibility of ambiguity.

Riddhi Find a local pizza place, music store, museum and more…then map the best route!

Dear Riddhi Ji, Thank you for your email. If I am not wrong, this forum assumes that the members are aware of certain nomenclatures of astrology and KP and so we take the liberty to use our 'lingo" like any other professionals in the field. It may at time create confusion to newcomers in this forum. For example, we understand csl as cuspal sublord, stl as starlord. Yes, confusion do arise when we come across something like SL. But the golden rule is to look at the textual context and I am sure we can know what the member means. But I would 100% agree with you that we need a standardized typology and nomenclatures and "lingos" to communicate effectively....not only in this forum but in the field of astrology too. In fact, standardization of nomenclature is the first symptom of a science getting consolidated. Wish you all the best. Regards, Andrew Bipin Vasavada <bipin_riddhi wrote: Dear Members, At the onset of NewYear,First let me congratulate the Members and show appreciation of Learned members,Healthy discussions and research orientation that distinguishes this group from all others. I have been serious readers of mails on the group. My consistent observation is different words used for same

meaning.Ofcourse some of them can be understood with basic knowledge of Astrology,but some symbols used can lead to serious misunderstanding and confusion to serous beginners,this being specially true for KP System. For example,take the following mail on group site: (Example does not mean any disregard to Shri kanakji whose contribution is exemplery,there are other examples by many,this is just an illustration to bring out the point made by me) --------- Re: Regarding Love marriage Posted by: "Kanak Bosmia" kanakbosmia kanakbosmia Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:02 am (PST) Dear Satish ji and Abhay ji, 1) If 5th SL signfies 2,11 the native fall in love.2) If 5th CSL signfies 7,11 there is a possibility of Love Marriage.3) If 5th CSK signfies 6,12 Native never marriage aperson whom he/she love.(A) If 5th SL sognfies 6th oponent break this love affair.(B) If 5th SL sognfies 12th Native Him self break this love affair.4) If 7th SL signifes 5,11 then love affair will be materialize in marriage.5) If 5th Sl Conected with RAH or KET intercast,Interstate or inter religious, Marriage will be possible. This is all what i know about Love marriage. One have to do research on this subject. RegardsKanak Bosmia -------------- Here SL can mean signLord,StarLord,SubLord. Same case with CSL. This type of ambiguity has been seen in many mails written by different members. Although with some knowledge one can interprete intendd meaning,still however it will be good practice to stanrdidise the shortforms/symbols like: SgnL for sign Lord,Stl for starLord,Sbl for star lord and so on where there is possibility of ambiguity. This is my urnest request to all members and seniors,Moderator of theis Group. I am sure you will appreciate the concern. Riddhi Find a local pizza place, music store, museum and more…then map the best route! Prof. Andrew Dutta Faculty Member The ICFAI Business School, Aditya Court, 8-2-334, Road No. 5, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad 500034, India. Tel: 91-4023430415-19 Extn: 262 Fax: 91-4023430414 Cell: 0-0-98666 20483

Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

This is a good idea. The Moderator can suggest the short forms, and finally after getting views of members finalise the list, and once this is done, he should issue monthly reminders to members to use the short forms only. Bipin Vasavada <bipin_riddhi wrote: Dear Members, At the onset of NewYear,First let me congratulate the Members and show appreciation of Learned members,Healthy discussions and research orientation that

distinguishes this group from all others. I have been serious readers of mails on the group. My consistent observation is different words used for same meaning.Ofcourse some of them can be understood with basic knowledge of Astrology,but some symbols used can lead to serious misunderstanding and confusion to serous beginners,this being specially true for KP System. For example,take the following mail on group site: (Example does not mean any disregard to Shri kanakji whose contribution is exemplery,there are other examples by many,this is just an illustration to bring out the point made by me) --------- Re: Regarding Love marriage Posted

by: "Kanak Bosmia" kanakbosmia kanakbosmia Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:02 am (PST) Dear Satish ji and Abhay ji, 1) If 5th SL signfies 2,11 the native fall in love.2) If 5th CSL signfies 7,11 there is a possibility of Love Marriage.3) If 5th CSK signfies 6,12 Native never marriage aperson whom he/she love.(A) If 5th SL sognfies 6th oponent break this love affair.(B) If 5th SL sognfies 12th Native Him self break this love affair.4) If 7th SL signifes 5,11 then love affair will be materialize in marriage.5) If 5th Sl Conected with RAH or KET intercast,Interstate or inter religious, Marriage will be possible. This is all what i know about Love marriage. One have to do research on this subject. RegardsKanak Bosmia -------------- Here SL can mean signLord,StarLord,SubLord. Same case with CSL. This type of ambiguity has been seen in many mails written by different members. Although with some knowledge one can interprete intendd meaning,still however it will be good practice to stanrdidise the shortforms/symbols like: SgnL for sign Lord,Stl for starLord,Sbl for star lord and so on where there is possibility of ambiguity. This is my urnest request to all members and seniors,Moderator of theis Group. I am sure you will appreciate the concern. Riddhi Find a local pizza place, music store, museum and more…then map the best route! Good LuckRaichur A RBombay Tel 2506 2609

Get on board. You're invited to try the new Mail.

if 5th SL signfies 2,11 the native fall in love.2) If 5th CSL signfies 7,11 there is a possibility of Love Marriage.what is the difference between the 5th sublord and the 5th cusp sublord as written above???

thanks-padma On 10/26/06, Raichur-a-r <raichurar wrote:

This is a good idea. The Moderator can suggest the short forms, and finally after getting views of members finalise the list, and once this is done, he should issue monthly reminders to members to use the short forms only.

Bipin Vasavada <bipin_riddhi (AT) hotmail (DOT) com> wrote:

Dear Members, At the onset of NewYear,First let me congratulate the Members and show appreciation of Learned members,Healthy discussions and research orientation that

distinguishes this group from all others. I have been serious readers of mails on the group. My consistent observation is different words used for same meaning.Ofcourse some of them can be understood with basic knowledge of Astrology,but some symbols used can lead to serious misunderstanding and confusion to serous beginners,this being specially true for KP System.

For example,take the following mail on group site: (Example does not mean any disregard to Shri kanakji whose contribution is exemplery,there are other examples by many,this is just an illustration to bring out the point made by me)

--------- Re: Regarding Love marriage Posted

by: " Kanak Bosmia " kanakbosmia kanakbosmia Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:02 am (PST) Dear Satish ji and Abhay ji,

1) If 5th SL signfies 2,11 the native fall in love.2) If 5th CSL signfies 7,11 there is a possibility of Love Marriage.3) If 5th CSK signfies 6,12 Native never marriage aperson whom he/she love.(A) If 5th SL sognfies 6th oponent break this love affair.(B) If 5th SL sognfies 12th Native Him self break this love affair.4) If 7th SL signifes 5,11 then love affair will be materialize in marriage.

5) If 5th Sl Conected with RAH or KET intercast,Interstate or inter religious, Marriage will be possible. This is all what i know about Love marriage. One have to do research on this subject.

RegardsKanak Bosmia -------------- Here SL can mean signLord,StarLord,SubLord.

Same case with CSL. This type of ambiguity has been seen in many mails written by different members. Although with some knowledge one can interprete intendd meaning,still however it will be good practice to stanrdidise the shortforms/symbols like:

SgnL for sign Lord,Stl for starLord,Sbl for star lord and so on where there is possibility of ambiguity. This is my urnest request to all members and seniors,Moderator of theis Group.

I am sure you will appreciate the concern. Riddhi

Find a local pizza place, music store, museum and more…then map the best route! Good LuckRaichur A RBombay Tel 2506 2609 Get on board. You're invited to try the new Mail.

Dear Friends,

I agree with the possible confusionfor new confusion.

Since there are only few symbols involved, I would suggest the

following for consideration.

i Sign Lord Sgn Lord.

2 Star Lord Str Lord

3 Sub Lord Sub Lord

4 Sub Sub Lord. SSub Lord

Regards,

Satish

, Raichur-a-r <raichurar wrote:

>

> This is a good idea. The Moderator can suggest the short forms, and

finally after getting views of members finalise the list, and once

this is done, he should issue monthly reminders to members to use the

short forms only.

>

>

>

> Bipin Vasavada <bipin_riddhi wrote:

> Dear Members,

> At the onset of NewYear,First let me congratulate the Members and

show appreciation of Learned members,Healthy discussions and research

orientation that distinguishes this group from all others.

> I have been serious readers of mails on the group.

> My consistent observation is different words used for same

meaning.Ofcourse some of them can be understood with basic knowledge

of Astrology,but some symbols used can lead to serious

misunderstanding and confusion to serous beginners,this being

specially true for KP System.

>

> For example,take the following mail on group site:

> (Example does not mean any disregard to Shri kanakji whose

contribution is exemplery,there are other examples by many,this is

just an illustration to bring out the point made by me)

>

---------------------

> Re: Regarding Love marriage

> Posted by: " Kanak Bosmia " kanakbosmia kanakbosmia

> Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:02 am (PST)

> Dear Satish ji and Abhay ji,

>

> 1) If 5th SL signfies 2,11 the native fall in love.

> 2) If 5th CSL signfies 7,11 there is a possibility of Love Marriage.

> 3) If 5th CSK signfies 6,12 Native never marriage aperson whom

he/she love.(A) If

> 5th SL sognfies 6th oponent break this love affair.(B) If 5th SL

sognfies 12th Native

> Him self break this love affair.

> 4) If 7th SL signifes 5,11 then love affair will be materialize in

marriage.

> 5) If 5th Sl Conected with RAH or KET intercast,Interstate or inter

religious,

> Marriage will be possible.

> This is all what i know about Love marriage.

> One have to do research on this subject.

> Regards

> Kanak Bosmia

>

--------------------------

> Here SL can mean signLord,StarLord,SubLord.

> Same case with CSL.

> This type of ambiguity has been seen in many mails written by

different members.

> Although with some knowledge one can interprete intendd

meaning,still however it will be good practice to stanrdidise the

shortforms/symbols like:

>

> SgnL for sign Lord,Stl for starLord,Sbl for star lord and so on

where there is possibility of ambiguity.

> This is my urnest request to all members and seniors,Moderator of

theis Group.

> I am sure you will appreciate the concern.

> Riddhi

>

>

>

>

> Find a local pizza place, music store, museum and more…then map

the best route!

>

>

>

>

> Good Luck

> Raichur A R

> Bombay Tel 2506 2609

>

>

>

> Get on board. You're invited to try the new Mail.

>

Bipin ji,

Good idea. In fact, we tried it in the past (see discussion on ADPL) as well but were not able to reach to any conclusion. So this time let us keep it simple and standardize the main keywords (short forms). We can add more keywords later based on the need.

I request all members to submit the keywords that they think important. Let us freeze the date for this task as coming Monday (October 30th, 2006).

Thanks & Regards,

Punit Pandey

On 10/25/06, Bipin Vasavada <bipin_riddhi wrote:

Dear Members,

---------

Re: Regarding Love marriage Posted by: " Kanak Bosmia " kanakbosmia kanakbosmia Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:02 am (PST) Dear Satish ji and Abhay ji,

RegardsKanak Bosmia

--------------

Same case with CSL.

Riddhi

Find a local pizza place, music store, museum and more…then map the best route!