IndiaDivine.org

Rishi Hora list and some thoughts

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Vijay Goel ji, //> I really want what these ancient Rishi are saying , they must talk alive from your pen// Ha..Ha.. That sounds good. Thanks. Just go to Sreenadh%20OG/Vedic%20Proof%20of%20Sayana-Nirayana%20Systems.pdf Download that pdf file and go to page 4 and read some of the Skanda hora quotes and its meaning to know, how they start discussing this subject - with what great quality! Download the file Sreenadh%20OG/Lagna%20lord%20in%20Various%20Houses.pdf To know the way in which we will approach this subject. Our collection of quotes will come from ancient texts such as (I am giving a list) -1) Skanda hora (by Skanda) - Jyotishmati Upanishad2) Brihat Prajaptya (by Daksha prajapati)3) Laghu Prajapatya4) Vasishta Hora (by sage Vasishta)5) Kousika Hora (by Sage Kousika Viswamitra)6) Brihat Sounaka Hora (by Sage Sounaka)7) (Laghu) Sounaka Hora8) Atri Hora (by Sage Atri)9) Kasyapa Hora (by Sage Kasyapa)10) Soura Hora (by Sage Surya) - this text is also known by the name Surya-Aruna-Samvada11) Badarayana Hora (Sage Badarayana Vyasa)12) Garga Hora (Sage Garga)13) Gargi Hora (by son of sage Garga - Rishiputra?)14) Garga Samhita (by Sage Garga)15) Narada Samhita (by Sage Narada)16) Brihaspati Hora (by Sage Brihaspati)17) Brihat Parasara Hora (by Sage Parasara)18) Mandhavya Hora (by Sage Mandhavya)19) Agastya Hora (by Sage Agastya)20) Chyevana Hora (by Sage Chyevana)21) Suka Hora (by Sage Suka)22) Yavana Hora (by Sage Yavnacharya)23) Lomasa Samhita (by Sage Lomasa)24) Vriddha Vasishta Samhita (by Sage Vriddha Vasishta)25) Bhrigu Sutra (by Sage Bhrigu)---------------------Further we may also quote from ancient scholars who lived before Mihira such as -1) Maya2) Satyacharya3) Devakeerti 4) Sruta keerti5) Vishnu gupta 6) Spujidhwaja 7) Meenaraja8) Devala9) Rishiputra10) Vateswara Just imagine how a book containing only the quotes only from the above Rishis and acharyas would be. Think how it would, if we try to approach astrology from the available quotes provided by the above acharyas and then broaden our understanding based on the medieval authentic texts such as Brihat Jataka, Phaladeepika, Chamtaka Chintamani etc. This is what I propose. Please note that except Brigu Sutra, partial sections of Garga hora and Lomasa Samhita, Compete texts of Spujidhwaja hora and Meenaraja hora, fragments of Satyacharya hora none of the texts mentioned in the above list are available. But certainly numerous quotes from them are quoted in various texts. A collection of such quotes will make a very very big text and a compilation can provide a comprehensive and authentic understanding about the approach of the sages towards this subject and the standard methodology they used. I am interested to study astrology in this direction. Coming to modern texts available where I can search for ancient quotes, I will search - * For Muhura = in Brihat Daivajna Ranjana, Jyotischandraka, Narada Samhita etc * For Gochara = Vasishta Gochara and Vriddha Vasishta * For Samhita astrology = in Adbhuta Samhita, Various commentries of Brihat Samhita etc * For Natal Astrology = in Various commentaries of Brihat Jataka, Hora Ratna, Jataka Saradeepa etc * For Prashna = in Prasna Anushtana pradeepa, Prashna marga, Narapati Jayacharya etc Look how less importance BPHS or Jaimini sutra holds in the scheme I propose. In the flood of quotes from all these texts, BPHS just loss importance as just one among them, and when BPHS quote is against the basic understanding provided by all the above standard authentic texts, the BPHS view would be reject as possible interpolation. Jaimini system, Tajiki system, Lalkitab system etc won't be considered at all - since they all stand apart from the general flow and understanding about ancient indian astrology based on the above texts. What do you feel - about the whole picture - I hope you will like it. Love and regards,Sreenadh , "vijay.goel" <goyalvj wrote:>> Dear Sreenadhji,> > //I am not among one of them, and won't like to compare myself with any> of them, but would love to contribute to astrology as a rare> compiler/editer who contributed much to astrology and placed it on the> right track and provided ancient rishi horas the reputation they> derserve. I am not an inventor but only an editor/organizer - one who> organizes and presents the ancient astrological wisdom systematically.> One who is in search of oldest and authentic texts and the history of> astrology and allied subjects.//> > I may be using various methods to satisfy my clients in general but In> real sense you are quenching the internal soul thirst i have in Jyotish.> I really want what these ancient Rishi are saying , they must talk alive> from your pen [the power\astra you have been offered by Sri Krsna in 3rd> house in this birth].> The whole jyotish community will be highly oblige for it and i am always> with you as an younger brother (as Karna [:)] ) .> > Thankyou,> Regards,> Vijay Goel> Jaipur.>