IndiaDivine.org

Deepavali

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Learned and Respected members,

Please guide me that why Deepavali is celebrated when the Sun is debilitated in

Libra and Moon is combust, Amavasya.In some parts of India trader start their

new accounts books. It is a financial years's beginning.

The combination of Sun and Moon so formed is called Adham yoga.

Regards

Dear Kursija ji,

I really liked your question and shall support this question if someone else

answers. But I think Deepavali celebration is more to do as a tradition of God

Rama rather than any astrological reason. Astrologically , it is start of new

financial year.

regds

Dev

, " S.C. Kursija " <sckursija

wrote:

>

> Dear Learned and Respected members,

> Please guide me that why Deepavali is celebrated when the Sun is debilitated

in Libra and Moon is combust, Amavasya.In some parts of India trader start their

> The combination of Sun and Moon so formed is called Adham yoga.

> Regards

>

Dear Dev ji,

According to my understanding, each and every festival of India is connected to

the astrological dictum, whether we understand or not.

Regards

--- On Sat, 10/10/09, axeplex <axeplex wrote:

> axeplex <axeplex

> Re: Deepavali

>

> Saturday, October 10, 2009, 11:28 AM

> Dear Kursija ji,

>

> I really liked your question and shall support this

> question if someone else answers. But I think Deepavali

> celebration is more to do as a tradition of God Rama rather

> than any astrological reason. Astrologically , it is start

> of new financial year.

>

> regds

> Dev

>

> ,

> " S.C. Kursija " <sckursija wrote:

> >

> > Dear Learned and Respected members,

> > Please guide me that why Deepavali is celebrated when

> the Sun is debilitated in Libra and Moon is combust,

> Amavasya.In some parts of India trader start their new

> accounts books. It is a financial years's beginning.

> > The combination of Sun and Moon so formed is called

> Adham yoga.

> > Regards

> >

>

>

>

>

> ---

>

>

Dear Sir ,Many Puranic legends are attached withthe celebration of Dipavali.Lakshami Ganesha worship is to be performed in Pradosa kala( within two hours of Sunset ) during new moon and preferablywhen Taurus sign is rising ie after 17.45 hrs and in between 19.16 to21.11 hrs in Delhi.Regards,G. K. Goel

From: sckursijaDate: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 00:39:57 -0700Re: Re: Deepavali

Dear Dev ji,

According to my understanding, each and every festival of India is connected to the astrological dictum, whether we understand or not.

Regards

--- On Sat, 10/10/09, axeplex <axeplex > wrote:

> axeplex <axeplex >

> Re: Deepavali

>

> Saturday, October 10, 2009, 11:28 AM

> Dear Kursija ji,

>

> I really liked your question and shall support this

> question if someone else answers. But I think Deepavali

> celebration is more to do as a tradition of God Rama rather

> than any astrological reason. Astrologically , it is start

> of new financial year.

>

> regds

> Dev

>

> ,

> "S.C. Kursija" <sckursija wrote:

> >

> > Dear Learned and Respected members,

> > Please guide me that why Deepavali is celebrated when

> the Sun is debilitated in Libra and Moon is combust,

> Amavasya.In some parts of India trader start their new

> accounts books. It is a financial years's beginning.

> > The combination of Sun and Moon so formed is called

> Adham yoga.

> > Regards

> >

>

>

>

>

> ---

>

>

Dear Kursija ji, It could be an ancient indian year beginning as per the Pitr Paksha Amanta system. For example - "In Nepal, it is celebrated according to Nepalese calendar. The festival marks the last three days and the first two days of Nepalese era." (from wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diwali)Love and regards,Sreenadh , "S.C. Kursija" <sckursija wrote:>> Dear Learned and Respected members,> Please guide me that why Deepavali is celebrated when the Sun is debilitated in Libra and Moon is combust, Amavasya.In some parts of India trader start their new accounts books. It is a financial years's beginning.> The combination of Sun and Moon so formed is called Adham yoga.> Regards>

Respected Sh.Sanjay Rath ji,

Thanks for the reply. My question was related to astrology, not to tradition. My clear question was that when Sun is debilitated and Moon is combust on Amavasya forming Adham yoga. Sun in Tula deprives the native of wealth.(Phaladeepika)

how it can give Lakshmi. We are worshiping Lakshmi on that day.According to my understanding that the every festival in India is celebrate on the basis of some astrological reasons. What is the astrological reason behind celebrating Deepawali on that day?

Regards

--- On Mon, 10/12/09, Sanjay Rath <sanjayrath wrote:

Sanjay Rath <sanjayrathRE: Deepavalisohamsa Date: Monday, October 12, 2009, 10:54 PM

Dear Sri Kursija

This is a very ancient custom which is also taught in the Brihat Samhita. The financial new year begins with the end of the amavasya (amaanta maasa) in Tula rashi

The Finance Minister is also established on the basis of the sankranti of the tula rashi ( or 7th house for mundane charts)

This is the principle of Mahalaxmi who is the *devata* for the Finance Minister and all business and trade including the markets. For people to be successful in trading, markets, share bazaar, and everything associated they should worship Laxmi (shriiM) whereas those seeking financial support and rajayoga like the Finance Minsiter, Kings and people in power must worship Her as Mahalxmi (hriiM)

Best regards

Sanjay Rath

sohamsa@ .com [sohamsa] On Behalf Of S.C. Kursija10 October 2009 11:11Ancient_astrology; sohamsa@ .com Deepavali

Dear Learned and Respected members,Please guide me that why Deepavali is celebrated when the Sun is debilitated in Libra and Moon is combust, Amavasya.In some parts of India trader start their new accounts books. It is a financial years's beginning.The combination of Sun and Moon so formed is called Adham yoga.Regards

SARVAM GYANANANDAMAYAMAUM GURUBHYO NAMAHDear Shri Kursijaji,Namaste. May i write a few lines?!Prithvi, jala, agni, vayu & aakasha are the pancha bhootas. Earth and water pertain to the visible zone while vayu and aakasha pertain to the invisible zone. Agni stands in between the visible zone and invisible zone. In other words between form and formless states. In fact Agni helps in transcending/crossing the boundary. It is Lakshmi who holds the agni stambhana mantra. You already know the sambandha between Venus & Lakshmi.Venus is the prathama karaka for the 7th bhava - "VAM" is the beejakshara for Jala ruled by Venus and "VAM" is indeed the beejakshara for "SVAADHISTAANA" chakra. Blockage of this chakra results in the

suffocation called as "FEAR OF THE UNKNOWN"/Death. What is unknown? Something at your back - 7th bhava also means the back!Lord Shiva does not destroy - He removes the unwanted and "creates space". That's the reason He is also known as 'Auspiciousness Personified'.Slaying of the demon Narakasura resulted in the release of 16100 women. Sathyabhama the consort of Lord Krsna is responsible for the slaying of the demon Narakasura. Sathyabhama is considered to be an amsha of Bhoodevi. The released women 'realised Krsna'. This means there are two parts to the story - one is slaying and the other is release. Slaying means disintegration of matter and what is released is the energy - this gives hint about the underlying/pervading state

of 'PARASAKTHI'. This means there is a transformation taking place from 'form state' to 'formless state'. The thithi amavasya is ruled by Rahu which paves way for crossing boundaries.Be it an exalted graha or a debilitated graha wealth flows. Exaltation hints at masculine/effort based energies while debilitation hints at effortlessness based energies.Tula is the natural 7th of the Kala purusha. You may consider the significations of the 7th bhava. Disintegration of the matter is the portion belonging the marana aspect of the 7th bhava. Release of energy is the following portion where the 'BUSINESS' or the continuity is indicated. So far as the form state was concerned we were able to do things on our own. "The moment the journey is through the formless state we seek partners". Lakshmi who has absolute control over agni is indeed considered the leader and her footprints are considered

auspicious swastika. Deepaavali also means an array of lights - in other words the footprints of Mata Lakshmi. The real meaning of Artha is security - is it not safe and secure to consider the footprints of Mata Lakshmi as the leading/guiding force?!The blockages associated with svadhistana when removed transforms Yamadharmaraja as a teacher(refer Nachiketa story - one who is prepared to face death - one who has removed the blockages of svadhistana chakra).i hope you will agree to hear the lessons from none other than Dharmaraja who is tight lipped about mysteries of death, is a celebration indeed!!!Venus rules agni(controls/gives direction) as well as jala/water!! This is the subtlest of secret which gives the hint about the priniciple of jyothi. Jyothi simply means Agni minus the heat element!! The principle of light is indeed is the principle of

Jyothi.i take this opportunity to pray Mother to bless one and all not only a Happy Deepavali but also Nithyaaanadam.i am sorry for the length.May Mother Bless.Astrologically & spiritually yours,p.s.ramanarayanan.--- On Tue, 13/10/09, S.C. Kursija <sckursija wrote:S.C. Kursija <sckursijaRE: Deepavalisohamsa Date: Tuesday, 13 October, 2009, 12:41 PM

Thanks for the reply. My question was related to astrology, not to tradition. My clear question was that when Sun is debilitated and Moon is combust on Amavasya forming Adham yoga. Sun in Tula deprives the native of wealth.(Phaladeepik a)

how it can give Lakshmi. We are worshiping Lakshmi on that day.According to my understanding that the every festival in India is celebrate on the basis of some astrological reasons. What is the astrological reason behind celebrating Deepawali on that day?

Regards

--- On Mon, 10/12/09, Sanjay Rath <sanjayrath (AT) gmail (DOT) com> wrote:

Sanjay Rath <sanjayrath (AT) gmail (DOT) com>RE: Deepavalisohamsa@ .comMonday, October 12, 2009, 10:54 PM

Dear Sri Kursija

This is a very ancient custom which is also taught in the Brihat Samhita. The financial new year begins with the end of the amavasya (amaanta maasa) in Tula rashi

The Finance Minister is also established on the basis of the sankranti of the tula rashi ( or 7th house for mundane charts)

This is the principle of Mahalaxmi who is the *devata* for the Finance Minister and all business and trade including the markets. For people to be successful in trading, markets, share bazaar, and everything associated they should worship Laxmi (shriiM) whereas those seeking financial support and rajayoga like the Finance Minsiter, Kings and people in power must worship Her as Mahalxmi (hriiM)

Best regards

Sanjay Rath

sohamsa@ .com [sohamsa] On Behalf Of S.C. Kursija10 October 2009 11:11Ancient_astrology; sohamsa@ .com Deepavali

Dear Learned and Respected members,Please guide me that why Deepavali is celebrated when the Sun is debilitated in Libra and Moon is combust, Amavasya.In some parts of India trader start their new accounts books. It is a financial years's beginning.The combination of Sun and Moon so formed is called Adham yoga.Regards

Connect more, do more and share more with India Mail. Learn more.

Respected Members and Gurujans

Here are some more reasons which I found for celebrating Diwali.

Wishing you all a Very Happy and Prosperous Diwali and New Year. May God shower you all with his choicest Blessings and may peace and happiness prevail all over the world.

Warm Regards

Vivek

Go over ten mythical and historical reasons why Diwali (Deepavali) is celebrated annually.

1) Goddess Lakshmi’s Birthday: On this very Diwali day, the Goddess of wealth, Lakshmi is said to have been incarnated from the depth of the bottomless ocean. The Hindu scriptures tell us that both Devas(gods) and Asuras (demons) were mortal (Mrita) at one point of time. Seeking a deathless condition (Amarattva), they churned the ocean to seek Amrita, the nectar of immortality (an event mentioned in the Hindu scriptures as "Samudra-manthan"), during which a host of divine celestial objects came up. Prime among these was Goddess Lakshmi, the daughter of the king of the milky ocean, who arose on the new moon day (amaavasyaa) of the Kartik month. She was subsequently married to Lord Vishnu on the same darkest night of the year and brilliant lamps were illuminated and placed in rows to mark this holy occasion.

Hence the association of Diwali with Goddess Lakshmi and the tradition of lighting of lamps and candles during the festival. To this day, Hindus celebrate the birth of the goddess Lakshmi and her marriage to Lord Vishnu on Diwali and seek her blessings for the coming year.

2) The Legend of King Mahabali : The Bhagavata Purana (also known as Srimad Bhagavatam), the most sacred Hindu text, reveals how on a Diwali day Lord Vishnu, in his fifth incarnation as Vaman-avtaara, rescued Lakshmi from the prison of King Bali during the Treta Yug. Bali, or rather King Mahabali, was a powerful demon king who ruled the earth. Powered by a boon granted to him by Lord Brahma, Bali was invincible and even gods failed to defeat him in battles. Although a wise and perfect king otherwise, Mahabali was violent in his ways with the Devas (gods). On their insistence, Lord Vishnu disguised himself as a short Brahmin and approached Bali for some charity. The righteous and benevolent King couldn't refuse the Brahmin's offer and was tricked into giving up his kingship and wealth (of which Lakshmi is said to be the Goddess). Diwali marks this overcoming of Mahabali by Lord Vishnu and this is another reason why Goddess Lakshmi is worshipped on Diwali.

In Kerala, the festival of 'Onam' is celebrated around the month of August to mark this legend.

3) The Killing of Narakasura: The Bhagavata Purana tells us about Narakasura, an evil demon king who had managed to acquire awesome powers. Unrivalled in prowess, he conquered both the heavens and earth and was tyrannical in his reign. Addicted to power, he even stole the earrings of Aditi, the heavenly mother goddess, and usurped some of her territory. When Lord Vishnu was incarnated as Krishna in the Dwapara Yuga, he killed Narakasura on the day preceding Diwali and rescued 16,000 women whom the demon had imprisoned in his palace. The deliverance from the terrible Narakasura was celebrated with much grandeur, a tradition that continues to this day.

However, another version of the story credits Lord Krishna's wife Sathyabhama as the one who eliminated Narakasura. It is said that Narakasura could only be killed by his mother Bhudevi and as Satyabhama was an incarnation of the same Bhudevi, she only could kill him. Before death, however, Narakasura realized his mistake and requested a boon from Satyabhama that everyone should celebrate his death with colorful light. To commemorate his death, the event is celebrated in some parts of India as Naraka Chaturdasi, two days before Diwali day.

4) The Return of the Pandavas: The great Hindu epic ‘Mahabharata’ reveals that it was ‘Kartik Amavashya’ (the new moon day of the Kartik month) when the Pandavas appeared from their 12 years of banishment as a result of their defeat in the hands of the Kauravas at the game of dice (gambling). The five Pandava brothers, their mother and their wife Draupadi were honest, kind, gentle and caring in their ways and were loved by all their subjects. To celebrate the joyous occassion of their return to Hastinapura and to welcome back the Pandavas, the common people illuminated their state by lighting bright earthen lamps everywhere. And the tradition is maintained to this day.

5) The Victory of Rama: The great Hindu epic ‘Ramayana’ describes how Lord Ram (the incarnation of Lord Vishnu in the Treta Yug) conquered Lanka after vanquishing the evil King Ravana and after passing a period of of fourteen years in exile returned to his capital Ayodhya on a new moon day of Kartik with wife Sita and brother Lakshman. To celebrate the homecoming of their beloved king, the people of Ayodhya burst crackers, lit up their houses with earthen lamps (diyas), and decorated the entire city in the grandest manner. Year after year this homecoming of Lord Rama is commemorated on Diwali with lights, fireworks, bursting of crackers and merriment. The festival gets its name Deepawali, or Diwali, from the rows (avali) of lamps (deepa) that the people of Ayodhya lit to welcome their King.

6) Coronation of Vikramaditya: It is also said that Vikramaditya, the legendary Indian king famed for his wisdom, valour and magnanimity was coroneted on the Diwali day following his victory over the Sakas in 56 BC. This was marked by a grand celebration which is still maintained annually. One of the greatest Hindu monarchs, Vikramaditya ruled the greatest empire in the world from modern-day Thailand in the east to the borders of modern-day Saudi Arabia in the west. Diwali, thus, apart from being a religious festival also has a historical association.

7) The Enlightenment of Swami Dayananda Saraswati: Diwali also marks the auspicious occasion when on a new moon day of Kartik (Diwali day) Swami Dayananda Saraswati, one of the greatest reformers of Hinduism attained his nirvana (enlightenment) and became Maharshi Dayananda, meaning the great sage Dayananda. In 1875, Maharshi Dayananda founded the Arya Samaj, "Society of Nobles", a Hindu reform movement to purify Hinduism of the many evils it became associated with at that era. Every Diwali, this great reformer is remembered by Hindus all over India .

8) The Enlightenment of Vardhamana Mahavira: For Jains, Diwali commemorates the enlightenment of Vardhamana Mahavira(the twenty-fourth and last Tirthankaras of the Jains and the founder of modern Jainism) which is said to have occurred on Oct. 15, 527 B.C. This is one more reason to engage in Diwali celebrations for pious Jains and other than the purpose of commemoration, the festival stands for the celebration of the emanicipation of human spirit from earthly desires.

9) Special Day for the Sikhs: For Sikhs, Diwali holds a special significance for it was on a Diwali day that the third Sikh Guru Amar Das institutionalized the festival of lights as an occasion when all Sikhs would gather to receive the Gurus blessings. It was also on a Diwali day in 1619 that their sixth religious leader, Guru Hargobind Ji, who was held by the Mughal Emperor Jahengir in the Gwalior fort, was freed from imprisonment along with 52 Hindu Kings (political prisoners) whom he had arranged to be released as well. And it was also on the same auspicious occasion of Diwali when the foundation stone of the Golden Temple at Amritsar was laid in 1577.

10. Goddess Kali: Kali, also called Shyama Kali, is the first of the 10 avatars (incarnations) of Goddess Durga, Lord Shiva's consort. According to legend, long ago after the gods lost in a battle with the demons, Goddess Kali was born as Kal Bhoi Nashini from the forehead of Goddess Durga. Said to be a personification of Nari Shakti (female power), Kali was born to save heaven and earth from the growing cruelty of the demons. After killing all the devils, Kali lost her control and started killing anyone who came her way which stopped only when Lord Shiva intervened. The well-known picture of Ma Kali, with her tongue hanging out, actually depicts the moment when she steps on the Lord and repents.

That momentous day has been commemorated ever since and the main purpose of celebrating Kali Puja is to seek the help of the goddess in destroying evil both external and internal to us as also to get her blessings for general happiness, health, wealth, and peace.

Warm Regards

Vivek

sohamsa From: explore_vulcanDate: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 15:56:03 +0000 Re: Deepavali

Respected Kursija-ji and all other members,Wish you all a very happy Diwali!Long ago my Kulguru told my parents after their diksha that God resides where many unite to worship.Unity of consciousness is perhaps the key to an auspicious moment.Why only auspicious moment? Doesn't vastu rules state that a building on a main road where people walk past daily gets reedemed of its vastu doshas, if any.Global consciousness has a power to start a war and to end it, to recover economy and to crash it. If it can do so, why can't it eliminate the ill of a few debilitated planets? :)As people around the world unite to celebrate the festival of lights, lets us pray for peace and prosperity for mankind.I have a 200 year old tradition of Maha Kali puja in my family and even though I can't be at home this time of year, I wish all the members here who celebrate Kali pujo and worship the divine Mother on this new moon night a very auspicious Maha Kali puja.RegardsSouviksohamsa , "S.C. Kursija" <sckursija wrote:>> Respected Sh. Rama Narayanan ji,> Thanks for the detailed explanation on Diwali. But my question remained unanswered. We every on should worship Lakshmi on that day? We always give importance to Muhurat for any function and celebration. When the Muhurat is not auspicious for finance or material > happiness and prosperity how it will deliver prosperity and happiness? It may give peace of mind or advancement in the spiritual sphere.. The Dipawali is the function of society, not of an individual. So according to me there should be some hidden meaning in the worship of lakshmi for prosperity which we are not able to decode What has been said is spiritual> With Regards> > --- On Fri, 10/16/09, rama narayanan <sree88ganesha wrote:> > > rama narayanan <sree88ganesha> RE: Deepavali> sohamsa > Friday, October 16, 2009, 8:35 AM> > > > > > > > > > > SARVAM GYANANANDAMAYAM > AUM GURUBHYO NAMAH> > > Dear Shri Kursijaji,> > > Namaste. May i write a few lines?!> > > Prithvi, jala, agni, vayu & aakasha are the pancha bhootas. Earth and water pertain to the visible zone while vayu and aakasha pertain to the invisible zone. Agni stands in between the visible zone and invisible zone. In other words between form and formless states. In fact Agni helps in transcending/ crossing the boundary. It is Lakshmi who holds the agni stambhana mantra. You already know the sambandha between Venus & Lakshmi.> > > Venus is the prathama karaka for the 7th bhava - "VAM" is the beejakshara for Jala ruled by Venus and "VAM" is indeed the beejakshara for "SVAADHISTAANA" chakra. Blockage of this chakra results in the suffocation called as "FEAR OF THE UNKNOWN"/Death. What is unknown? Something at your back - 7th bhava also means the back!> > > Lord Shiva does not destroy - He removes the unwanted and "creates space". That's the reason He is also known as 'Auspiciousness Personified' .> > > Slaying of the demon Narakasura resulted in the release of 16100 women. Sathyabhama the consort of Lord Krsna is responsible for the slaying of the demon Narakasura. Sathyabhama is considered to be an amsha of Bhoodevi. The released women 'realised Krsna'. This means there are two parts to the story - one is slaying and the other is release. Slaying means disintegration of matter and what is released is the energy - this gives hint about the underlying/pervadin g state of 'PARASAKTHI' . This means there is a transformation taking place from 'form state' to 'formless state'. The thithi amavasya is ruled by Rahu which paves way for crossing boundaries.> > > Be it an exalted graha or a debilitated graha wealth flows. Exaltation hints at masculine/effort based energies while debilitation hints at effortlessness based energies.> > > Tula is the natural 7th of the Kala purusha. You may consider the significations of the 7th bhava. Disintegration of the matter is the portion belonging the marana aspect of the 7th bhava. Release of energy is the following portion where the 'BUSINESS' or the continuity is indicated. So far as the form state was concerned we were able to do things on our own. "The moment the journey is through the formless state we seek partners". Lakshmi who has absolute control over agni is indeed considered the leader and her footprints are considered auspicious swastika. Deepaavali also means an array of lights - in other words the footprints of Mata Lakshmi. The real meaning of Artha is security - is it not safe and secure to consider the footprints of Mata Lakshmi as the leading/guiding force?!> > > The blockages associated with svadhistana when removed transforms Yamadharmaraja as a teacher(refer Nachiketa story - one who is prepared to face death - one who has removed the blockages of svadhistana chakra).> > > i hope you will agree to hear the lessons from none other than Dharmaraja who is tight lipped about mysteries of death, is a celebration indeed!!!> > > Venus rules agni(controls/ gives direction) as well as jala/water!! This is the subtlest of secret which gives the hint about the priniciple of jyothi. Jyothi simply means Agni minus the heat element!! The principle of light is indeed is the principle of Jyothi.> > > i take this opportunity to pray Mother to bless one and all not only a Happy Deepavali but also Nithyaaanadam.> > > i am sorry for the length.> > > May Mother Bless.> > > Astrologically & spiritually yours,> p.s.ramanarayanan.> > --- On Tue, 13/10/09, S.C. Kursija <sckursija > wrote:> > > S.C. Kursija <sckursija >> RE: Deepavali> sohamsa@ .com> Tuesday, 13 October, 2009, 12:41 PM> > > > > > > > > > Respected Sh.Sanjay Rath ji,> Thanks for the reply. My question was related to astrology, not to tradition. My clear question was that when Sun is debilitated and Moon is combust on Amavasya forming Adham yoga. Sun in Tula deprives the native of wealth.(Phaladeepik a)> how it can give Lakshmi. We are worshiping Lakshmi on that day.According to my understanding that the every festival in India is celebrate on the basis of some astrological reasons. What is the astrological reason behind celebrating Deepawali on that day?> Regards> > --- On Mon, 10/12/09, Sanjay Rath <sanjayrath (AT) gmail (DOT) com> wrote:> > > Sanjay Rath <sanjayrath (AT) gmail (DOT) com>> RE: Deepavali> sohamsa@ .com> Monday, October 12, 2009, 10:54 PM> > > > > > > Dear Sri Kursija> This is a very ancient custom which is also taught in the Brihat Samhita. The financial new year begins with the end of the amavasya (amaanta maasa) in Tula rashi > The Finance Minister is also established on the basis of the sankranti of the tula rashi ( or 7th house for mundane charts)> This is the principle of Mahalaxmi who is the *devata* for the Finance Minister and all business and trade including the markets. For people to be successful in trading, markets, share bazaar, and everything associated they should worship Laxmi (shriiM) whereas those seeking financial support and rajayoga like the Finance Minsiter, Kings and people in power must worship Her as Mahalxmi (hriiM)> Best regards > Sanjay Rath > > > > sohamsa@ .com [sohamsa] On Behalf Of S.C. Kursija> 10 October 2009 11:11> Ancient_astrology; sohamsa@ .com> Deepavali> > > > > > Dear Learned and Respected members,> Please guide me that why Deepavali is celebrated when the Sun is debilitated in Libra and Moon is combust, Amavasya.In some parts of India trader start their new accounts books. It is a financial years's beginning.> The combination of Sun and Moon so formed is called Adham yoga.> Regards> > > > > > Connect more, do more and share more with India Mail. Learn more.>

Hotmail: Trusted email with powerful SPAM protection. Sign up now.

Aum Shri Aum

Shri Gurubhyo Namah.

Ammae Narayan

Aum Shri Krishna Guru.

My Most Respected Guru Deavas,

My Humble Pranams,

I am a student in the womb of mother, not even born as far as jyothjish

knowledge is concerned. So kindly excuse me if I am wrong.

The very little knowledge I posses tells me that 'If the lord of the neecha

house is posited to kendira from the

moon , that is neecha banga raja yogam'.

In the case under consideration I think no further explanation is required, for

the learned experts.

With respectful Pranams,

M.V.Suryanarayanan

-- In sohamsa , " S.C. Kursija " <sckursija wrote:

>

> Respected Sh. Rama Narayanan ji,

> Thanks for the detailed explanation on Diwali. But my question remained

unanswered. We every on should worship Lakshmi on that day? We always give

importance to Muhurat for any function and celebration. When the Muhurat is not

auspicious for finance or material

> happiness and prosperity how it will deliver prosperity and happiness? It may

give peace of mind or advancement in the spiritual sphere.. The Dipawali is the

function of society, not of an individual. So according to me there should be

some hidden meaning in the worship of lakshmi for prosperity which we are not

able to decode What has been said is spiritual

> With Regards

>

> --- On Fri, 10/16/09, rama narayanan <sree88ganesha wrote:

>

>

> rama narayanan <sree88ganesha

> RE: Deepavali

> sohamsa

> Friday, October 16, 2009, 8:35 AM

>

>

>  

>

SARVAM GYANANANDAMAYAM

> AUM GURUBHYO NAMAH

>

>

> Dear Shri Kursijaji,

>

>

> Namaste. May i write a few lines?!

>

>

> Prithvi, jala, agni, vayu & aakasha are the pancha bhootas.  Earth and water

pertain to the visible zone while vayu and aakasha pertain to the invisible

zone.  Agni stands in between the visible zone and invisible zone.  In other

words between form and formless states. In fact Agni helps in transcending/

crossing the boundary. It is Lakshmi who holds the agni stambhana mantra. You

already know the sambandha between Venus & Lakshmi.

>

>

> Venus is the prathama karaka for the 7th bhava -   " VAM " is the beejakshara for

Jala ruled by Venus and " VAM " is indeed the beejakshara for " SVAADHISTAANA "

chakra. Blockage of this chakra results in the suffocation called as " FEAR OF

THE UNKNOWN " /Death. What is unknown?  Something at your back - 7th bhava also

means the back!

>

>

> Lord Shiva does not destroy - He removes the unwanted and " creates

space " .  That's the reason He is also known as 'Auspiciousness Personified' .

>

>

> Slaying of the demon Narakasura resulted in the release of 16100 women.

Sathyabhama the consort of Lord Krsna is responsible for the slaying of the

demon Narakasura. Sathyabhama is considered to be an amsha of Bhoodevi.  The

released women 'realised Krsna'. This means there are two parts to the story -

one is slaying and the other is release. Slaying means disintegration of matter

and what is released is the energy - this gives hint about the

underlying/pervadin g state of 'PARASAKTHI' . This means there is a

transformation taking place from 'form state' to 'formless state'. The thithi

amavasya is ruled by Rahu which paves way for crossing boundaries.

>

>

> Be it an exalted graha or a debilitated graha wealth flows. Exaltation hints

at masculine/effort based energies while debilitation hints at effortlessness

based energies.

>

>

> Tula is the natural 7th of the Kala purusha. You may consider the

significations of the 7th bhava. Disintegration of the matter is the portion

belonging the marana aspect of the 7th bhava.  Release of energy is the

following portion where the 'BUSINESS' or the continuity is indicated. So far as

the form state was concerned we were able to do things on our own. " The moment

the journey is through the formless state we seek partners " . Lakshmi who has

absolute control over agni is indeed considered the leader and her footprints

are considered auspicious swastika. Deepaavali also means an array of lights -

in other words the footprints of Mata Lakshmi. The real meaning of Artha is

security - is it not safe and secure to consider the footprints of Mata Lakshmi

as the leading/guiding force?!

>

>

> The blockages associated with svadhistana when removed transforms

Yamadharmaraja as a teacher(refer Nachiketa story - one who is prepared to face

death - one who has removed the blockages of svadhistana chakra).

>

>

> i hope you will agree to hear the lessons from none other than Dharmaraja who

is tight lipped about mysteries of death, is a celebration indeed!!!

>

>

> Venus rules agni(controls/ gives direction) as well as jala/water!! This is

the subtlest of secret which gives the hint about the priniciple of jyothi.

Jyothi simply means Agni minus the heat element!! The principle of light is

indeed is the principle of Jyothi.

>

>

> i take this opportunity to pray Mother to bless one and all not only a Happy

Deepavali but also Nithyaaanadam.

>

>

> i am sorry for the length.

>

>

> May Mother Bless.

>

>

> Astrologically & spiritually yours,

> p.s.ramanarayanan.

>

> --- On Tue, 13/10/09, S.C. Kursija <sckursija > wrote:

>

>

> S.C. Kursija <sckursija >

> sohamsa@ .com

> Tuesday, 13 October, 2009, 12:41 PM

>

>

>  

> Thanks for the reply. My question was related to astrology, not to tradition.

My clear question was that when Sun is debilitated and Moon is combust on

Amavasya forming Adham yoga. Sun in Tula deprives the native of

wealth.(Phaladeepik a)

> how it can give Lakshmi. We are worshiping Lakshmi on that day.According to my

understanding that the every festival in India is celebrate on the basis of some

astrological reasons. What is the astrological reason behind celebrating

Deepawali on that day?

> Regards

>

> --- On Mon, 10/12/09, Sanjay Rath <sanjayrath (AT) gmail (DOT) com> wrote:

>

>

> Sanjay Rath <sanjayrath (AT) gmail (DOT) com>

> sohamsa@ .com

> Monday, October 12, 2009, 10:54 PM

>

>

>  

>

>

>

> Dear Sri Kursija

> This is a very ancient custom which is also taught in the Brihat Samhita. The

financial new year begins with the end of the amavasya (amaanta maasa) in Tula

rashi

> The Finance Minister is also established on the basis of the sankranti of the

tula rashi ( or 7th house for mundane charts)

> This is the principle of Mahalaxmi who is the *devata* for the Finance

Minister and all business and trade including the markets. For people to be

successful in trading, markets, share bazaar, and everything associated they

should worship Laxmi (shriiM) whereas those seeking financial support and

rajayoga like the Finance Minsiter, Kings and people in power must worship Her

as Mahalxmi (hriiM)

> Best regards

> Sanjay Rath

>  

>

>

> sohamsa@ .com [sohamsa] On Behalf Of

S.C. Kursija

> 10 October 2009 11:11

> Ancient_astrology; sohamsa@ .com

> Deepavali

>  

>  

>

>

>

> Dear Learned and Respected members,

> Please guide me that why Deepavali is celebrated when the Sun is debilitated

in Libra and Moon is combust, Amavasya.In some parts of India trader start their

> The combination of Sun and Moon so formed is called Adham yoga.

> Regards

>

>

>

>

>

> Connect more, do more and share more with India Mail. Learn more.

>

Dear Sanjay ji, Has anybody become spirutually sucessful having rahu in 9th house ? What is mitigating factor.with best regards,Sreekumar Wanted to know if somebody --- On Mon, 19/10/09, Sreekumar Ambalath <skumar_astro wrote:Sreekumar Ambalath <skumar_astroRE: Deepavalisohamsa Date: Monday, 19 October, 2009, 9:02

Dear Sanjayji, Thank you for this explanation . Aqaurius has been mentioned as terrible sign being a natural bhadak to Aries , right ? Jupiter is considered very powerful there , as it has power obstruction , and remove the bhadhak effect .What about rahu over there (9th House) , lets us say for gemeni lagna people ? The dasa is going to be terrible . It is his own houseDoes anybody can be successful in spirituality well if hau is positioned in 9th house.with best regards,Sreekumar --- On Thu, 15/10/09, Sanjay Rath <sanjayrath (AT) gmail (DOT) com> wrote:Sanjay Rath <sanjayrath (AT) gmail (DOT) com>RE: Deepavalisohamsa@ .comDate:

Thursday, 15 October, 2009, 7:52

om gurave namah Dear Sri Kursija Vedic festivals are performed for either (1) getting over the

evils or (2) remembering a birthday or some such occasion calling for

festivities. Rama navami and Krishna janmastami fall into the latter category while

the Mahsshiva ratri, Lakshmi puja or diwali and few others fall into the former

category of removal of evils. Lord Shiva symbolises knowledge, the highest, purest and best

and why should He be worshipped when the Sun and Moon are in terrible Aquarius?

The only reason being that this sign is natural badhaka sign which is the

ignorance or avidya rashi. It is also the opposite to Simha, the 5th house of

knowledge of the natural zodiac. Therefore Mahashivaratri is technically also

called *Narka chaturdashi* or symbolising all those forces of nature

which jyotish calls *leading to narka*. Now when the indications are

sure that one is going to hell, who else but the bhole-baba, the merciful who

can forgive criminals and everyone, just for the asking, is worshipped on this

date. Whn we look deeper, the tithi is ruled by Venus and such a dark, moonless

tithi shows the base animal sexual instincts of all creatures. It shows the

bestiality in men where students do not even spare the wife of their teachers,

or incest of a terrible kind. Who else but Shiva can forgive this sin. The

Maha-Dipa is the crucial moment of Shiva ratri for making the prayer for light. Coming to amavasya, the tithi is ruled by Rahu which eclipses

the Sun, causes poverty and is very terrible. The worst case scenario is when

the Sun is also debilitated in this tithi indicating total eclipse of fortune.

As per jyotish, lagna shows intelligence, Moon life and Sun wealth or every

kind. This eclipsing combination of amavasya with the debilitated Sun

completely destroys wealth. But why worship Lakshmi, why not Kubera, the lord

of wealth? For this we look at the root cause of destruction of the wealth and

find the weak eclipsed Sun. Sun rules temples/dharma which is protected by

Vishnu, and Lakshmi worships Bhagavan with the bijas of the Sun [srimad

Bhagavatam ref- http://srath. com/om/index. php?option= com_content & view=article & id=233:bhagavata- mantra & catid=102:srivishnu & Itemid=141] There is more to this in the Jaimini Lessons where the Tithi are

mapped into signs etc, but that is not in the question Best regards Sanjay Rath

sohamsa@ .com

[sohamsa] On Behalf Of S.C. Kursija

13 October 2009 12:42

sohamsa@ .com

RE: Deepavali

Thanks for the reply. My question was related to

astrology, not to tradition. My clear question was that when Sun is

debilitated and Moon is combust on Amavasya forming Adham yoga. Sun in Tula

deprives the native of wealth.(Phaladeepik a)

how it can give Lakshmi. We are worshiping Lakshmi on that

day.According to my understanding that the every festival in India is

celebrate on the basis of some astrological reasons. What is the astrological

reason behind celebrating Deepawali on that day?

Regards

--- On Mon, 10/12/09, Sanjay Rath <sanjayrath (AT) gmail (DOT) com>

wrote:

Sanjay Rath <sanjayrath (AT) gmail (DOT) com>

RE: Deepavali

sohamsa@ .com

Monday, October 12, 2009, 10:54 PM

Dear Sri Kursija

This is a very ancient custom which is

also taught in the Brihat Samhita. The financial new year begins with the end

of the amavasya (amaanta maasa) in Tula rashi

The Finance Minister is also

established on the basis of the sankranti of the tula rashi ( or 7th house

for mundane charts)

This is the principle of Mahalaxmi who

is the *devata* for the Finance Minister and all business and trade

including the markets. For people to be successful in trading, markets, share

bazaar, and everything associated they should worship Laxmi (shriiM) whereas

those seeking financial support and rajayoga like the Finance Minsiter, Kings

and people in power must worship Her as Mahalxmi (hriiM)

Best regards Sanjay Rath

sohamsa@ .com [sohamsa@ .

com] On Behalf Of S.C. Kursija

10 October 2009 11:11

Ancient_astrology; sohamsa@ .com

Deepavali

Dear Learned and Respected members,

Please guide me that why Deepavali is celebrated when the Sun is debilitated

in Libra and Moon is combust, Amavasya.In some parts of India trader start

their new accounts books. It is a financial years's beginning.

The combination of Sun and Moon so formed is called Adham yoga.

Regards

Dear Beloved Guru'sNamasthe,Yes I do have my Rahu in 9th (Virgo) for Makara Lagna.Both Lagnesh Shani from 7th house (Cancer) with special 3rd and Surashrestra Jupiter Guru (placed along with yogakaraka Bhargava)from 5th with his special 5th aspect is aspecting the Rahu.To add twist in the tail now I am under Saturn/Rahu period and suffering like anything.I have under great confusion and due to this great confusion state lost lot of wealth and hence my finance suffered like anything.My Rahu bhukti will going to complete in May 2009 and till that time I have to face this inevitable losses.But I have noticed during this period there is something which is saving me and Spiritually i am good in this period as I have visited lot of sacred places which every Hindu will desire to visit at least one time in life.But most important factor is that it will create big confusions and lot of illusions.Thanking you and with best regards,Mr.Sunilkumar S.BiradarAssistant Resident EngineerImprovement of Roads & Access Surrounding Metro Stations (R659/11)PARSONS Overseas LtdDubai,UAEsohamsa CC: srathFrom: padmanuDate: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 12:08:33 -0700RE: Deepavali

Om Gurave Namah

Namasthe

I am also interested in this, as my son is having it. Kanya Lagna with Rahu in Vrishabha and Guru in Karkataka.

Srinivasa--- On Sun, 10/18/09, Sreekumar Ambalath <skumar_astro (AT) (DOT) co.uk> wrote:

Sreekumar Ambalath <skumar_astro (AT) (DOT) co.uk>RE: Deepavalisohamsa Cc: srath Date: Sunday, October 18, 2009, 8:35 PM

Dear Sanjay ji, Has anybody become spirutually sucessful having rahu in 9th house ? What is mitigating factor.with best regards,Sreekumar Wanted to know if somebody --- On Mon, 19/10/09, Sreekumar Ambalath <skumar_astro@ .co. uk> wrote:

Sreekumar Ambalath <skumar_astro@ .co. uk>RE: Deepavalisohamsa@ .comMonday, 19 October, 2009, 9:02

Dear Sanjayji, Thank you for this explanation . Aqaurius has been mentioned as terrible sign being a natural bhadak to Aries , right ? Jupiter is considered very powerful there , as it has power obstruction , and remove the bhadhak effect .What about rahu over there (9th House) , lets us say for gemeni lagna people ? The dasa is going to be terrible . It is his own houseDoes anybody can be successful in spirituality well if hau is positioned in 9th house.with best regards,Sreekumar --- On Thu, 15/10/09, Sanjay Rath <sanjayrath (AT) gmail (DOT) com> wrote:

Sanjay Rath <sanjayrath (AT) gmail (DOT) com>RE: Deepavalisohamsa@ .comThursday, 15 October, 2009, 7:52

om gurave namah

Dear Sri Kursija

Vedic festivals are performed for either (1) getting over the evils or (2) remembering a birthday or some such occasion calling for festivities. Rama navami and Krishna janmastami fall into the latter category while the Mahsshiva ratri, Lakshmi puja or diwali and few others fall into the former category of removal of evils.

Lord Shiva symbolises knowledge, the highest, purest and best and why should He be worshipped when the Sun and Moon are in terrible Aquarius? The only reason being that this sign is natural badhaka sign which is the ignorance or avidya rashi. It is also the opposite to Simha, the 5th house of knowledge of the natural zodiac. Therefore Mahashivaratri is technically also called *Narka chaturdashi* or symbolising all those forces of nature which jyotish calls *leading to narka*. Now when the indications are sure that one is going to hell, who else but the bhole-baba, the merciful who can forgive criminals and everyone, just for the asking, is worshipped on this date. Whn we look deeper, the tithi is ruled by Venus and such a dark, moonless tithi shows the base animal sexual instincts of all creatures. It shows the bestiality in men where students do not even spare the wife

of their teachers, or incest of a terrible kind. Who else but Shiva can forgive this sin. The Maha-Dipa is the crucial moment of Shiva ratri for making the prayer for light.

Coming to amavasya, the tithi is ruled by Rahu which eclipses the Sun, causes poverty and is very terrible. The worst case scenario is when the Sun is also debilitated in this tithi indicating total eclipse of fortune. As per jyotish, lagna shows intelligence, Moon life and Sun wealth or every kind. This eclipsing combination of amavasya with the debilitated Sun completely destroys wealth. But why worship Lakshmi, why not Kubera, the lord of wealth? For this we look at the root cause of destruction of the wealth and find the weak eclipsed Sun. Sun rules temples/dharma which is protected by Vishnu, and Lakshmi worships Bhagavan with the bijas of the Sun [srimad Bhagavatam ref- http://srath. com/om/index. php?option= com_content & view=article & id=233:bhagavata- mantra & catid=102:srivishnu & Itemid=141]

There is more to this in the Jaimini Lessons where the Tithi are mapped into signs etc, but that is not in the question

Best regards

Sanjay Rath

sohamsa@ .com [sohamsa] On Behalf Of S.C. Kursija13 October 2009 12:42sohamsa@ .comRE: Deepavali

Thanks for the reply. My question was related to astrology, not to tradition. My clear question was that when Sun is debilitated and Moon is combust on Amavasya forming Adham yoga. Sun in Tula deprives the native of wealth.(Phaladeepik a)

Regards

--- On Mon, 10/12/09, Sanjay Rath <sanjayrath (AT) gmail (DOT) com> wrote:

Sanjay Rath <sanjayrath (AT) gmail (DOT) com>RE: Deepavalisohamsa@ .comMonday, October 12, 2009, 10:54 PM

Dear Sri Kursija

Best regards Sanjay Rath

Don’t fall behind. Log on to MSN India for a roundup on the world panorama

Dear Mukunda ji

I've also heard that a lot of tantriks do their siddhi's at this time. some siddhis are good and some are evil too. Would definitely love to know more about the reasons for this.

Warm Regards

Vivek

sohamsa From: hanumandattaDate: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 21:31:32 +0000 Re: Deepavali

Respected Sanjay ji and Group Members .Namaskar and Shubh Deepavali to all!!!I am a silent member of this jyotish group .I enjoy reading the astrological mails. Permit me now to ask a question along the same lines.Our elders and pundits have taught us that this deepavali night is the special one where we can strengthen our mantras and attain the siddhis by doing japa for so many special mantras.Why is this night so special (astrological reason)for this purpose when the sun is debilitated and the moon is weak?With kind regards mukundasohamsa , vijay Purohit <vijaypurohit09 wrote:>> Sanjayi Pranam,> Excellent explanation ! Why not an article on Srijagannath.org site. > You do not know sanjayji ,but your writing inspires hundreds of people brings faith in vedic wisdom and astrology as well. Such peculiar explanatory writing of jyotish and spirituality (things drive you towards dharma) !!> Even lots of people having sun in debilation are found stink rich ..my point here is not neccessary sun debilation does not mean wealth lost.> I have seen many horoscopes having both sun and venus debilated in Lagna chart andd having huge wealth. (In month of november -mid oct ) mostly they both get debilated .> May be other reasons woule be there navamsa etc.> RegardsVijay Purohit.> > > > > > --- On Thu, 15/10/09, Sanjay Rath <sanjayrath wrote:> > Sanjay Rath <sanjayrath> RE: Deepavali> sohamsa > Thursday, 15 October, 2009, 2:22 AM> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > om gurave namah > > Dear Sri Kursija > > Vedic festivals are performed for either (1) getting over the> evils or (2) remembering a birthday or some such occasion calling for> festivities. Rama navami and Krishna janmastami fall into the latter category while> the Mahsshiva ratri, Lakshmi puja or diwali and few others fall into the former> category of removal of evils. > > Lord Shiva symbolises knowledge, the highest, purest and best> and why should He be worshipped when the Sun and Moon are in terrible Aquarius?> The only reason being that this sign is natural badhaka sign which is the> ignorance or avidya rashi. It is also the opposite to Simha, the 5th house of> knowledge of the natural zodiac. Therefore Mahashivaratri is technically also> called *Narka chaturdashi* or symbolising all those forces of nature> which jyotish calls *leading to narka*. Now when the indications are> sure that one is going to hell, who else but the bhole-baba, the merciful who> can forgive criminals and everyone, just for the asking, is worshipped on this> date. Whn we look deeper, the tithi is ruled by Venus and such a dark, moonless> tithi shows the base animal sexual instincts of all creatures. It shows the> bestiality in men where students do not even spare the wife of their teachers,> or incest of a terrible kind. Who else but Shiva can forgive this sin. The> Maha-Dipa is the crucial moment of Shiva ratri for making the prayer for light. > > Coming to amavasya, the tithi is ruled by Rahu which eclipses> the Sun, causes poverty and is very terrible. The worst case scenario is when> the Sun is also debilitated in this tithi indicating total eclipse of fortune.> As per jyotish, lagna shows intelligence, Moon life and Sun wealth or every> kind. This eclipsing combination of amavasya with the debilitated Sun> completely destroys wealth. But why worship Lakshmi, why not Kubera, the lord> of wealth? For this we look at the root cause of destruction of the wealth and> find the weak eclipsed Sun. Sun rules temples/dharma which is protected by> Vishnu, and Lakshmi worships Bhagavan with the bijas of the Sun [srimad> Bhagavatam ref- http://srath. com/om/index. php?option= com_content & view=article & id=233:bhagavata- mantra & catid=102:srivishnu & Itemid=141] > > > > There is more to this in the Jaimini Lessons where the Tithi are> mapped into signs etc, but that is not in the question > > Best regards > > Sanjay Rath > > > > > > > > sohamsa@ .com> [sohamsa] On Behalf Of S.C. Kursija> > 13 October 2009 12:42> > sohamsa@ .com> > RE: Deepavali > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Respected Sh.Sanjay Rath ji, > > > Thanks for the reply. My question was related to> astrology, not to tradition. My clear question was that when Sun is> debilitated and Moon is combust on Amavasya forming Adham yoga. Sun in Tula> deprives the native of wealth.(Phaladeepik a) > > > how it can give Lakshmi. We are worshiping Lakshmi on that> day.According to my understanding that the every festival in India is> celebrate on the basis of some astrological reasons. What is the astrological> reason behind celebrating Deepawali on that day? > > > Regards > > > > > --- On Mon, 10/12/09, Sanjay Rath <sanjayrath (AT) gmail (DOT) com>> wrote: > > > > > Sanjay Rath <sanjayrath (AT) gmail (DOT) com>> > RE: Deepavali> > sohamsa@ .com> > Monday, October 12, 2009, 10:54 PM > > > > > > Dear Sri Kursija > > This is a very ancient custom which is> also taught in the Brihat Samhita. The financial new year begins with the end> of the amavasya (amaanta maasa) in Tula rashi > > The Finance Minister is also> established on the basis of the sankranti of the tula rashi ( or 7th house> for mundane charts) > > This is the principle of Mahalaxmi who> is the *devata* for the Finance Minister and all business and trade> including the markets. For people to be successful in trading, markets, share> bazaar, and everything associated they should worship Laxmi (shriiM) whereas> those seeking financial support and rajayoga like the Finance Minsiter, Kings> and people in power must worship Her as Mahalxmi (hriiM) > > Best regards > Sanjay Rath > > > > sohamsa@ .com [sohamsa@ .> com] On Behalf Of S.C. Kursija> > 10 October 2009 11:11> > Ancient_astrology; sohamsa@ .com> > Deepavali > > > > > > > > > > > Dear Learned and Respected members,> > Please guide me that why Deepavali is celebrated when the Sun is debilitated> in Libra and Moon is combust, Amavasya.In some parts of India trader start> their new accounts books. It is a financial years's beginning.> > The combination of Sun and Moon so formed is called Adham yoga.> > Regards > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > From cricket scores to your friends. Try the India Homepage! http://in./trynew>

Your E-mail and More On-the-Go. Get Windows Live Hotmail Free. Sign up now.