IndiaDivine.org

Vedas (Codex) of other cultures

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear All, Vedas are not something that we Indian only have. If we look at the current amount of ancient literature (especially byms and prayers) available to us from various ancient cultures, then we could have - 1) Sumerian Codex 2) Egyptian Codex (Egypt) 3) Hittite Codex 4) Agama Codex 5) Vedic Codex 6) Celtic Codex (Irish)7) Babylonian Codex (Babylonia)

8) Avestan Codex (Iran) 9) Maya Codex10) Chinese Codex (China)11) Semitic Codex (Bible) 12) Edda Codex (Island)13) Jain Codex (India)14) Buddhist Codex .................. and more All of them are as interesting as Vedas and spiritually enriching. Yes, but it is true that something written in a language we are somewhat familiar with give us a sense of special closeness. Love and regards,Sreenadh

Dear Srinadh,

Confluence of culture is a healthy and has a welcome for that.

But, I mind, why you are putting a different address and place for " Agamic " to

" Vedic " .

Any thing " Agamic " is inclusive to indian culture, do u disagree to this ?

If you are in disagreement, pls let me know your source both in net and in

print, I w'd also collect them, if those are not in my possession and w'd use

same source to estabish there is no cultural difference or conflict or

geographical seperation or fundamental difference in between Agam and Nigam.

Before us, It's already established by our sages. Pls trust them, In modern

times, Sri Gopinath kaviraj has already done it, Who did Surya Upasana (Vedic)

under the Guru Vishidhhanda and then Maa Anandmayi and written best philosphical

work on tantra, Hope, you are aware that Swami Vishuddhananda was able to

convert a substance into another substance in publich using Sun rays with the

help of an instrument like prism, He was also a siddha in Jyotish, by meditating

on a person, he was able to draw Adhana Lagna and chart, by talkikng to a person

he was able to tell his correct pnaetary positions with degrees.

Pls consider, Indus Valley is also the region where Saraswati was flowing, on

whose bank our vedic culture grew, initialy, they Sages recognised God in

external prakriti or nature and then they saw the same inside the being, which

is explained in Upnishads. So, a distinction between Indus valley civilization

and Vedic culture is not a reality even in imagination.

You w'd have respect for Agastya and other Siddhas of Siddha tradition, He was

the same Sage Agastya mentioned in Rik Veda.

regards,

Utkal.

, " sreesog " <sreesog wrote:

>

> Dear All,

> Vedas are not something that we Indian only have. If we look at the

> current amount of ancient literature (especially byms and prayers)

> available to us from various ancient cultures, then we could have -

> 1) Sumerian Codex

> 2) Egyptian Codex (Egypt)

> 3) Hittite Codex

> 4) Agama Codex

> 5) Vedic Codex

> 6) Celtic Codex (Irish)

> 7) Babylonian Codex (Babylonia)

> 8) Avestan Codex (Iran)

> 9) Maya Codex

> 10) Chinese Codex (China)

> 11) Semitic Codex (Bible)

> 12) Edda Codex (Island)

> 13) Jain Codex (India)

> 14) Buddhist Codex .................. and more

> All of them are as interesting as Vedas and spiritually enriching.

> Yes, but it is true that something written in a language we are somewhat

> familiar with give us a sense of special closeness. [:)]

> Love and regards,

> Sreenadh

>

Dear Utpal ji, //Any thing "Agamic" is inclusive to indian culture,// For me neither the word Agama nor Nigama (Veda) is limited to India. By Agama I usually mean the Temple centric cultures and by Vedic I usually mean the Homa/Yaga centric cultures. When I use the word Agama I mean not only Sindhu-Saraswaty Indians, but also Hittites, Sumerians, Central Asians (Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Ukrenian, Armenian etc) etc as well. When I use the word Vedic I mean not only Indian but also Iranian (Avestan), Syberian, Celtic etc as well. Let us not limit ourselves to India - the place of interaction of all these cultures (as evident from MBh as well) pans many countries and is applicable to at least the whole of Asia and some part of Europe.Love and regards,Sreenadh , "utkal.panigrahi" <utkal.panigrahi wrote:>> Dear Srinadh,> > Confluence of culture is a healthy and has a welcome for that.> But, I mind, why you are putting a different address and place for "Agamic" to "Vedic".> > Any thing "Agamic" is inclusive to indian culture, do u disagree to this ?> > If you are in disagreement, pls let me know your source both in net and in print, I w'd also collect them, if those are not in my possession and w'd use same source to estabish there is no cultural difference or conflict or geographical seperation or fundamental difference in between Agam and Nigam. Before us, It's already established by our sages. Pls trust them, In modern times, Sri Gopinath kaviraj has already done it, Who did Surya Upasana (Vedic) under the Guru Vishidhhanda and then Maa Anandmayi and written best philosphical work on tantra, Hope, you are aware that Swami Vishuddhananda was able to convert a substance into another substance in publich using Sun rays with the help of an instrument like prism, He was also a siddha in Jyotish, by meditating on a person, he was able to draw Adhana Lagna and chart, by talkikng to a person he was able to tell his correct pnaetary positions with degrees.> > Pls consider, Indus Valley is also the region where Saraswati was flowing, on whose bank our vedic culture grew, initialy, they Sages recognised God in external prakriti or nature and then they saw the same inside the being, which is explained in Upnishads. So, a distinction between Indus valley civilization and Vedic culture is not a reality even in imagination.> > You w'd have respect for Agastya and other Siddhas of Siddha tradition, He was the same Sage Agastya mentioned in Rik Veda.> > regards,> Utkal.

Dear Srinadh Ji,Our culture well explained by Vasudhaiva Kutumbkam".I m trying to underline is, there are no two different cultures like Agama and Nigama, Agam and Nigam are two Puja Paddhatis integrated to Indian culture , they can not be seperated from each other, Pls do not mark a division in between, Pls read Maa Durga's aarati - that has literal reference to both agam and nigam.

You said - /** By Agama I usually mean the Temple centric cultures and by Vedic I usually mean the Homa/Yaga centric cultures. When I use the word Agama I mean not only Sindhu-Saraswaty Indians, but also Hittites, Sumerians, Central Asians (Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Ukrenian, Armenian etc) etc as well. When I use the word Vedic I mean not only Indian but also Iranian (Avestan), Syberian, Celtic etc as well **/

What I m saying is - We do homa or havans in our temples since time immemorial, our planets gets pacified with both tantra (nigam) and vedic(agama) mantras.Over the period, our integrated culture ( including agam and nigam) spread across the borders, quite obvious, such an expansion should not be misread as existence of two different cultures namely agamic and nigamic. It's wrong.

Thanks and regards,Utkal.

, "sreesog" <sreesog wrote:>> Dear Utpal ji,> //Any thing "Agamic" is inclusive to indian culture,//> For me neither the word Agama nor Nigama (Veda) is limited to India.> By Agama I usually mean the Temple centric cultures and by Vedic I> usually mean the Homa/Yaga centric cultures. When I use the word Agama> I mean not only Sindhu-Saraswaty Indians, but also Hittites, Sumerians,> Central Asians (Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Ukrenian, Armenian etc) etc as> well. When I use the word Vedic I mean not only Indian but also Iranian> (Avestan), Syberian, Celtic etc as well. Let us not limit ourselves to> India - the place of interaction of all these cultures (as evident from> MBh as well) pans many countries and is applicable to at least the whole> of Asia and some part of Europe.> Love and regards,> Sreenadh> > > , "utkal.panigrahi"> utkal.panigrahi@ wrote:> >> > Dear Srinadh,> >> > Confluence of culture is a healthy and has a welcome for that.> > But, I mind, why you are putting a different address and place for> "Agamic" to "Vedic".> >> > Any thing "Agamic" is inclusive to indian culture, do u disagree to> this ?> >> > If you are in disagreement, pls let me know your source both in net> and in print, I w'd also collect them, if those are not in my possession> and w'd use same source to estabish there is no cultural difference or> conflict or geographical seperation or fundamental difference in between> Agam and Nigam. Before us, It's already established by our sages. Pls> trust them, In modern times, Sri Gopinath kaviraj has already done it,> Who did Surya Upasana (Vedic) under the Guru Vishidhhanda and then Maa> Anandmayi and written best philosphical work on tantra, Hope, you are> aware that Swami Vishuddhananda was able to convert a substance into> another substance in publich using Sun rays with the help of an> instrument like prism, He was also a siddha in Jyotish, by meditating on> a person, he was able to draw Adhana Lagna and chart, by talkikng to a> person he was able to tell his correct pnaetary positions with degrees.> >> > Pls consider, Indus Valley is also the region where Saraswati was> flowing, on whose bank our vedic culture grew, initialy, they Sages> recognised God in external prakriti or nature and then they saw the same> inside the being, which is explained in Upnishads. So, a distinction> between Indus valley civilization and Vedic culture is not a reality> even in imagination.> >> > You w'd have respect for Agastya and other Siddhas of Siddha> tradition, He was the same Sage Agastya mentioned in Rik Veda.> >> > regards,> > Utkal.>

Dear Utkal ji, //> Over the period, our integrated culture ( including agam and nigam) > spread across the borders, // Basically integrated culture now we have (that is not much important in historical perspective) - but it didn't s start like that initially. It is wrong to assume that it spread across the borders from India - many of those cultures are (sumerians, hittites, celtic etc) are either equally or more molder than vedic and sindhu-sarasvaty civilizations. We should learn to be impartial and objective. //quite obvious, // It is NOT quite obvious - what is obvious is the mutual interaction much from outside to india and india to outside and between many other part of the world; and when we start learning India loss the importance as the central piece and all other cultures also become equally important. Too much India centric (OIT) to too much europium invasion centric (AIT) view is disease - it time that we drop both and see things based on evidence and take an objective stand.Love and regards,Sreenadh , "utkal.panigrahi" <utkal.panigrahi wrote:>> > Dear Srinadh Ji,> > Our culture well explained by Vasudhaiva Kutumbkam".> > I m trying to underline is, there are no two different cultures like> Agama and Nigama, Agam and Nigam are two Puja Paddhatis integrated to> Indian culture , they can not be seperated from each other, Pls do not> mark a division in between, Pls read Maa Durga's aarati - that has> literal reference to both agam and nigam.> > You said - /** By Agama I usually mean the Temple centric cultures> and by Vedic I usually mean the Homa/Yaga centric cultures. When I use> the word Agama I mean not only Sindhu-Saraswaty Indians, but also> Hittites, Sumerians, Central Asians (Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Ukrenian,> Armenian etc) etc as well. When I use the word Vedic I mean not only> Indian but also Iranian (Avestan), Syberian, Celtic etc as well **/> > What I m saying is - We do homa or havans in our temples since time> immemorial, our planets gets pacified with both tantra (nigam) and> vedic(agama) mantras.> > Over the period, our integrated culture ( including agam and nigam) > spread across the borders, quite obvious, such an expansion should not> be misread as existence of two different cultures namely agamic and> nigamic. It's wrong.> > Thanks and regards,> Utkal.